Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 835821 times)

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #870 on: April 18, 2020, 11:41:13 AM »
Serela is suspicious but I'd like to know more.

As for PX and Fabloo, I've realised the error of my ways and converted. Praise the goddesses. \o/

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #871 on: April 18, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
My powers are aligned with the universe. Thus, I cannot comment on the matter at this moment.

Fine.

« Reply #872 on: April 18, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
I feel like these two are talking over my head, I need someone else to weigh in and tell me what that actually means though.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #873 on: April 18, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
Votecount
Serela (3): Polaris, BigBangMeteor, Tom
Disquieted (1): NekoNekoRex
NekoNekoRex (1): Disquieted
NucleusWaffles (1): Yaersulf
banana spritzee (0):
Polaris (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, raikaria, banana spritzee, Serela, NucleusWaffles, Daiya, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:32:14 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #874 on: April 18, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Like let me walk through it from your perspective, cause that's a serious problem of what's happening right now with reads in this thread. Yeah?

Daiya, you say Yaersulf's approach feels genuine, yes? That implies you think he's townie, or at least townier than most newbies (as you say, Nucleus is probably your highest townread both as a newbie and as a player in this game total).

You then move to Yaersulf as a vote. Now let me see if I remember the context of this vote off the top of my head, but it's a choice between Yaersulf, meow, with maybe Serela or Fabloo left in the dust. So, yeah, if you put this down to a binary choice between Yaersulf or meow this is fine. But the reasoning doesn't really fit.

First off, meow's wagon being uncontested shouldn't outweigh a townread you already have - and in fact it's the only other townread you have aside from nucleus and if you squint at it a bit, me. So I get the problem with meow having a large wagon but you're not really putting much stock in Yaersulf's towniness that you just stated, except that they're your second most confident townread.

I have a severe problem with this cause in a vacuum? Your second post is fine and if you just read it in the moment, fine. But as is, this doesn't really gel with your perception of the gamestate.

The third post is really questionable here cause, well I called this out as being insincere and when I look at it now, it kind of is. I think the biggest issue I see here apart from a very generic toneread is that you "weren't too convinced on yaersulf anymore" but if I'm reading through your posts, you shouldn't have been convinced on your yaersulf vote or against meow (given the only problem you have with meow is how big his wagon is, which in the whole scheme of things shouldn't be a huge problem for you to avoid yourself).

So. Daiya?
Yeah. Compared to Tom, I felt that Yaer was more genuine in his approach to scumhunting. In my early scum games, I would often hide behind probability and data, because it was far easier than attempting to bs reads on people. Whenever anyone questioned my act, I'd simply double down on it. That's something I saw in Tom, so I hope that makes my feelings on him a bit more clear. Anyone can hide behind data, and he's just making it all the more harder to read him properly.

When it came to the EoD votes, I admittedly ended up forcing myself into a false dichotomy in order to come to a consensus. It was a combination of really not wanting to lynch meow and finding yaer's joke votes kind of weird because I didn't...think they were jokes at first. It seemed like he was okay with lynching himself, but wasn't actually committed to it and switched the moment someone protested. Hence why it was ultimately the neko post I quoted that helped turn me around. You bringing up Yaer's interactions with Fabloo also had some influence there. Serela was an option and probably my preferred lynch in hindsight, but I'll get into that after this.

All-in-all, this is mostly on me for never documenting my entire line of reasoning. I think a lot of things and reconsider my reads constantly, so it's difficult for me to articulate posts in a concise manner at times. Please take that into consideration.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #875 on: April 18, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
OK I did glance over the thread when I got home from work before bed (zzzzzzzzz) but let's start from the beginning of d2 again

I do still think Daiya is scummy but BBM's argument otherwise (based on the yaersult/meow wagon interactions lateday) is decent. I'm still kind of interested in voting them because I think an newbie scum is still likely to flop around where they think is best? And yaersulf seemed to be straight up trolling enough yesterday even while they were the biggest wagon that I wouldn't be surprised if they're scum either so "well this makes the most sense if daiya/yaersulf are scumbuddies" is an argument that wouldn't deter me with neither flipped. (later he says daiya's town for not trying to push a waffle vote at the start of d1:I think this is trying a bit hard to find clear reasons, voting nucleus over that is I think a generally bad idea for any alignment because it's simply not scummy, especially from someone on their first game)

nnr flips out over smartbomb saying he has cute ears... which... catgirls... uhm lmao. I don't think scum would have weird random info like this on d1 before they could even use a rolecop or something, nor would they make a case about it (it's cat ears, plz), so I'm PRETTY SURE he's just talking about YOU PRESENTING AS A CATGIRL. that being said this just kind of solidifies my nnr townread. i don't think he'd do this random freakout as a publicity stunt as scum or even conceive of it :U

Quote from: Tom
If you still want to hear my opinion Serela seems most suspicious since they were present on all 3 out of the 4 wagons and dropped the hammer on meow.
Fabloo was my scumread for most of the day and the other two wagons my vote was literally being held hostage by the need to consolidate. Mislynching is better than no-lynching as most people here are saying, when the end of the day comes up you decide which of the actual possible lynches are best even if you don't like them.

I would have rather lynched Daiya but meow and yaersulf were presented as the only realistic options. I TRIED to push Daiya over them a second time when like 3 people said "hmm or we could lynch daiya instead tho" but it didn't work :C Yaersulf doesn't look GREAT and I wouldn't have entirely minded but Daiya looked like, actually kind of scummy which is a lot better? I hopped off Meow because they came back with a comparatively pretty good post while Yaersulf flopped around trolling.

RE:BBM about my play, yeah, I didn't really have any strong priorities after Fabloo turned out to be a mason @_@ Daiya was my only other thing and lots of people TALKED about lynching Daiya but for some reason no want wanted to like, legitimately actually vote them? Then at the end of the day we had the meow lynch coming up and a bunch of people are like, "aww maybe we really should have lynched daiya instead, oh well too late" and I'm like, aghghghghghghhhhhhhh. Yeah I still think Daiya is scummy, yaersulf could go either way. The vote started for consolidation only, but then I didn't really like the way he reacted to being wagoned (trolling thread, selfvoting, flopping vote all over the place), but it's still all "throwing my hands up on the air having no idea because players on their first game". I definitely don't townread them, their end-of-day shenanigans has me on a scum lean

Quote from: bbm
lastly, if you're scum and your buddies are within raikaria/banana/smartbomb/nucleus I suggest you give up. I'm a 5-shot vig who can use all my shots in one phase and I'm planning on killing all of you tonight because that's what my PoE is down to.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Quote from: bbm
ok, so speculation on nucleus's role that is probably dumb, but

according to him his role can't work on male characters. there are, according to the votals today, 2 male players alive. meow was also a male character, so basically there are 3 male characters total in the setup. now, nucleus claimed that his role is also a male character. so basically, his role condition prevents him from targeting exactly 2/14 of the other players in the game. does that strike anyone as a really useless limit in terms of role balancing?
Honestly this makes more sense than if he couldn't target 30~50% of the players. Imagine a situation where there's like one random VT who's immune but the other person is the scumteam's obligatory immune-to-town-pr member? Not too interested in delving deeper into this right now (and I don't like that disquieted is trying to push the newbie into fullclaiming for basically no reason, there is absolutely good reasons for them to NOT be claiming in this gamestate) but honestly I could potentially be interested in the implications of this lategame if it pans out. E.G. later nucleus is more solidly town (altho I already think they're town), only 1 male person is left, other male flipped town, it'd legit make me suspicious of the remaining one. maybe not "voting you purely off this" but a good supporting reason

Quote from: Disquieted
Fabloo, unrelated, but this is why I deliberately pull my punches a lot of the time.

I vote someone once and someone tries to take it to its conclusion. Imagine if I made a case.
This seems overly cautious. "If I vote someone, people might actually lynch them. What if I was wrong? Imagine if I actually had made a case about it!" I don't understand how anyone would be able to actually play the game if we all thought like this XD Also, the cases you make are pretty important for everyone else reading you, too, so... anyway the second part of this post ("I write words to be clear, not because I think someone is unabashedly scum") is pretty logical.

That being said, I think disquieted has like... no real scumhunting stance? Their exclusive scumread is still Daiya. I mean, I AGREE with Daiya looking scummy, but also, calling daiya scummy takes no actual thread analysis or effort and that's pretty much where the content ends- ontop of being a waffley non-presence on D1 who'd write up things and then never take them anywhere or come up with actual significant opinions.

Polly:I was voting meow for consolidation purposes when they came back and made a good post and I'm like "yeah, no, I don't even want to vote this for consolidation anymore, yaer meanwhile is here trolling and looks way worse, I'm going over to THAT wagon again please. Also Daiya is still the only person I legit think is scummy can we do that wagon that everyone keeps mentioning interest in???" I don't even think this looks like a waffle.

Still waiting on Banana to make their grand appearance. It just occurred to me I can't remember anything Rai's done all game, which isn't a great sign. BBM/NNR/Waffle all probably town. PX/Fabloo masons. Tom is null. Polly I still can't read tbh because I feel like they declare a lot of stuff scummy that I'm like "yeah but actually, no, why are you even pushing this" which doesn't give me a good vibe, but they're also the most active player probably and that effort doesn't look like scum. Yaersulf somewhat of a scum lean. Daiya/Disquieted scummy oh yes I meant to do this in my earlier paragraph about them

##Vote:Disquieted

d1 non-commital waffley non-presence talking about things but going nowhere, entering d2 their only significant opinion is daiya, looks like scum going nowhere and sitting on the easy newbie vote

Ok I think that's everyone @.@ oh cut by daiya. Oh, Daiya does have mafia experience? I didn't know that, sorry whoops been calling you one of the first-game-newbies :U IIRC this is Daiya's first post today, do you have opinions about people yo :U

Polaris

« Reply #876 on: April 18, 2020, 03:32:47 PM »
No Offense serela but i reread the last scum game of yours (gensokyo holy war mafia) and this may as well be an exact replication of your play from that game: lurking, having scumreads that are conveniently already supported by other people, insisting that you're reading the thread but somehow your post feels like it has a ton of stuff that doesn't actually matter, and the worst of them all, ignoring me >:[

but anyway

##Unvote
##Vote: Daiya

would still lynch serela imo but i may as well see if the p r e s s u r e tactic works on daiya too, who wants to join

Polaris

« Reply #877 on: April 18, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »
sorry, the last scum game of yours that i remember, turns out you rolled scum after that at some point

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #878 on: April 18, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »
I'm back. Not much to read that got posted while I was gone. Gotta wonder how Serela doesn't remember me pushing on Tom and my stance that I don't agree with Newbie Passes, but other than that I guess I haven't really done much. Also Serela talking about other people waffleing? What universe is this?

Re-reading, specifically around certain topical players [Serela; Meow; Disquieted and a few others in particular]. This might take me a little while; especially as there's a good chance food will be ready at some point while I'm doing this, or at least writing up my thoughts.

But I WILL get something that is hopefully useful and coherent out in the next few hours. Promise.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Polaris

« Reply #879 on: April 18, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »
too bad raikaria could probably singlehandedly stop the coronavirus if it wasn't for stupid mafia >:( dormio this is all your fault

Polaris

« Reply #880 on: April 18, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »
ok i skipped all of nucleus's posts because it was too much for me but

this is a survival-focused strategy, and does not seem scum.

what the hell

Polaris

« Reply #881 on: April 18, 2020, 04:04:20 PM »
<image>

In summary, I made a long Finger of Suspicion noting how except meow (who was being lynched) had tons of vote activity, Yaesulf, you voted very actively during the last stages,  I see you use your vote as a weapon of pressure very liberally, but that is not very consistent.

oh my god this is just wrong, that heatmap isn't showing a person's "voting activity", it's showing how many others were voting the person

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #882 on: April 18, 2020, 04:23:17 PM »
After finishing Strike Witches, I was stuck on the way that, when performing magic, the girls developed cat ears and tails for no apparent reason. The Strike Witches producers knew what decades of anime has already confirmed: cat ears on women are cute.

For the past two weeks, I have been trying to dig a little deeper. We already know that catgirls (and catboys) are adorable, but why do we feel that way? And why are they so prevalent in anime? So far, I have a theory:

Cat ears resonate with ancient human mythologies. There were the cat gods, worshipped by the ancient Egyptians, including the fierce and beautiful Bastet. More closely tied to anime was the Japanese bakeneko, a cat demon who could disguise itself as an alluring woman. According to the Catgirl Research Foundation, there are also more catgirl myths from Britain, Ireland, and South Africa.

However, I haven’t yet been able to find much to support or disprove my claims. I’ve tried the forums of the Catgirl Research Foundation, contacted Kittenplay.org, posted a call for suggestions on the Livejournal kitty_ears community, even reached out to a few anime academics.

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

I'm just quickly gonna say I don't get this vote. It seems almost like an RVS vote since it's just all fluff and I don't actually see a real reason for it.

ok well that's a big :thonking:

anyway

##Vote: Serela

serela has been sheeping my vote all game and basically imploded when he couldn't sheep my vote onto himself so i wanna see it happen again :)

got it boss ##Vote: Serela

seriously speaking i'm a bit unsure here. my gut is that serela is town but i read his d1 and uh it's a lot fluffier than i thought it was. he's actually kinda parking on fabloo from RVS until the mason claim. the vote starts off as just a step up from RVS cuz fabloo empty unvotes. i'm fine with that at that stage but then he kind of just gets into a slapfight with fabloo because fabloo calls me and him suspicious and draws that into a serious vote. after he unvotes fabloo he votes daiya for a little bit but switches pretty quickly to consolidate. nothing is super scummy but it's just kind of eh.

serela, what are your reads on daiya and yaersulf currently? would you still lynch yaersulf or was it all for consolidation? do you think daiya is still the scummiest? what do you think of my logic for daiya being town?

lastly, if you're scum and your buddies are within raikaria/banana/smartbomb/nucleus I suggest you give up. I'm a 5-shot vig who can use all my shots in one phase and I'm planning on killing all of you tonight because that's what my PoE is down to.

So uh... you're voting for someone who your guts says is Town... because Polaris asked you to?

You have my blessings and assistance in your pressure tactic on Serela

##Vote: Serela

Am I the only one not liking any of the three quoted votes and their [lack of] actual caseing? BBM is the best, but he also seems to say he at least gutreads Serela as town.

Still reading more and working on stuff. Just wanted to point this dislike out in particular.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Polaris

« Reply #883 on: April 18, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
silly raikaria, cases don't lynch scum. cases make wagons, and wagons lynch scum. but i don't see a need to make a case if i can skip the process entirely and still get a wagon B)

Polaris

« Reply #884 on: April 18, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
honestly i'm treating this game with the standard of "vote the person you think is scum" and people can't even do that

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #885 on: April 18, 2020, 05:01:38 PM »
Woke up. Going to work. Still hate this. Except Serela wtf I love Serela now?

LYNCH DISQUIETED
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #886 on: April 18, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
I mostly want to look into Pol/Serela/Disquieted today. See which pushes on me feel the most authentic, because I find it hard to believe that all three of you are town. Conversely, that should also mean that at least one of you is innocent...which is the hard part.

Starting with Serela, I'm having a hard time reading him. Most of his actions, including his push on me, feels like it had an authentic logical flow to it. "Daiya seems like an active lurker, and that's scummy" -> "I don't trust the current wagons" -> "This doesn't seem like it'll happen, so I'll go ahead with the hammer". I want to see how his reads on other players develop for now, but atm I trust him more than polaris and disq.

On a side note, Neko's okay, but I don't trust him very much. His flavor reasoning for tunneling disquieted seems grossly inauthentic to me considering that it takes less than a minute of thought to realize "hey this is probably impossible for him to know. why would he even crumb it in the first place"? it feels more like neko trying to emulate his own meta than actual concern. he did state that it wasn't his main reason though (which is his non-commiment to reads iirc), which i can get behind, but i fail to see why he isn't sussing polaris for the same kind of thing. Not too satisfied with my read on him atm, so I want to iso him again later.

Speaking of which, I think it'd be a lot easier to read pol pol if he wasn't acting cute all the time. He was one of the major driving forces behind Day 1, and that resulted in his scumhunting strategy seems to be pressuring people, setting up wagons, and going for whatever's the most convenient. Couple that with the fact that he still thinks turboing an actual inactive is a good idea, and yeah. i don't like him very much. There doesn't seem to be any real substance to him. He did feel strongly about Fabloo and lingerered on him for a bit, and he's basically conf town and I wasn't too sold on his reasoning. Seems to feel strongly about me too I guess, so for the first time in his life, his feelings are requited.

##Vote: Polaris

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #887 on: April 18, 2020, 05:04:39 PM »
thoughts on the other ppl coming later, have other stuff to do and i rly need to clear my head

Polaris

« Reply #888 on: April 18, 2020, 05:08:16 PM »
wow i saw that avatar change happen in real time

Polaris

« Reply #889 on: April 18, 2020, 05:27:53 PM »
Couple that with the fact that he still thinks turboing an actual inactive is a good idea

quote the post where i said i want to "turbo" an inactive. (note: the definition of the word "turbo" is important here)

Polaris

« Reply #890 on: April 18, 2020, 05:33:27 PM »
that was a dumb question, because i can tell from my recent posts daiya probably thinks this is me wanting to "turbo" zeenana

banana spritzee's new nickname is zeenana, like from neopets

would absolutely lynch zeenana

because of course not voting a person and not telling anyone else to vote that person is the best way to "turbo" them

i don't think daiya actually has feelings for me as strong as he claims to. would still probably lynch serela first though

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #891 on: April 18, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
you're right, that was a little contradictory. my reactions to inactive thirsting are slightly uh, emotional, so you'll have to bear with me there. isn't really the main point though, so idk why you singled it out.

and no, my feelings for you are very real. treat my vote as a confession, but i would like to know what actually seems authentic about my case. be like disquieted.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #892 on: April 18, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »
Am I the only one not liking any of the three quoted votes and their [lack of] actual caseing? BBM is the best, but he also seems to say he at least gutreads Serela as town.

Can I just point out my apparent inability to count to four? This is what work then mafia does to a man. Brings him to his mental knees.

Is it bad that my opinions on people range from 'Null' to 'Looks pretty bad' and like half the game falls into the latter for me?

I mostly like Serela's recent post, except for his blooming vote reasoning. He literally says his reason for the vote could apply to half the game. So why does this make Disquieted worse than everyone else?

---

Does anyone else get a weird feeling that Zerdjib was the nightkill? I know quite a few people were saying he looks more town than last game [where he was scum, by the way THIS IS WHY WE DON'T GIVE TOWNREADS DAY 1, YOU GET YOUR TOWNREADS KILLED] but I don't think he was particularly a leading townie; particular threat to scum; or you know, even that active.

So then, set 1 of my investigation:

End of Day Votecount
meow56 (8): BigBangMeteor, Polaris, Yaersulf, Tom, PX, Disquieted, Daiya, Serela (Lynched!)
Yaersulf (3): raikaria, NekoNekoRex, meow56
Serela (1): zwerdjib
Fabloo (1): NucleusWaffles
Daiya (0):
Tom (0):
Polaris (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):

Not voting: banana spritzee, Fabloo

Meow and Zwerdjib are CONFIRMED TOWN Unless this is a game where flips can lie. Which it probobly isn't.

Blue is Masons; they're not confirmed Town, but they are pretty much assumed to share alignment.

Banana is yellow for not existing

I am Orange because while I know I am CONFIRMED TOWN you guys don't know this for sure.

The lynch on meow56 was a rather easy lurker lynch that basically only just got over the line. What does this mean? It's very likly that scum were heavily involved in getting the mislynch over the line. We should totally be looking quite heavily at the meow wagon.

But the second aspect is looking at which people would target zwerdjib.

This is kinda like something I did during Day 3 last game. And I ended up being mostly correct about who was scum.

So then, I'm going into Part 2 of my investigation: Looking back at the votes and cases on Meow. And looking back at interactions with my prime suspects and Zwerdjib to try and find who on the Meow Wagon not only looks scummy doing so; but also seems to have reason to kill Zwerdjib.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #893 on: April 18, 2020, 06:19:44 PM »
if polaris is scum my scumdar is very badly busted and I should probably quit mafia forever. of course I should probably quit mafia forever regardless

@raikaria- tbqh like I admitted to polaris afterwards I'm not strongly scumreading anyone but I'm townreading like 8 people more strongly than serela so I decided to vote them to see how serela would react, like polaris suggested. On D1 when there was a flashwagon on Serela for a short amount of time he got panicky. I think that was fair given there really was like no reason why most of the ppl switched to him and it was close enough to day end that he would probably panic regardless of alignment. I wanted to see if he would still get panicky today under different circumstances and he didn't. I think his response was overall pretty good. sigh.

##Unvote

@smartbomb- what do you think of my reason for daiya not being scum? what incentive does scum daiya have to have that read progression on daiya unless yaersulf is their buddy? do you think yaersulf is scum?

I think my biggest issue with smartbomb is that despite the fact that he's made some good points he hasn't ever really had a lot of conviction in anything and the things he has pushed have been really weird. i can't figure out the town or scum intent for the nucleus vote. I feel like either alignment, if they're having trouble generating content, would pounce and push on what they can find.

i've basically got to the point where my PoE is getting so small that it's actually getting bigger because now I have to loosen my restrictions and therefore expand the pool. very bigbrain stuff. some more posts incoming

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #894 on: April 18, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
I wouldn't say panicky (I didn't think the wagon was going anywhere) but I was definitely like "SCREAMING IN MAFIA ANGST" because there was literally no stated reasons why and yet the wagon was like 3~4 people >:U

anyway i'm running to work the main reason I posted anyway was-
Quote from: raikaria
I mostly like Serela's recent post, except for his blooming vote reasoning. He literally says his reason for the vote could apply to half the game
I don't know what you're talking about. :S

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #895 on: April 18, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »
I meant to say, "what incentive does scum daiya have to have that read progression on yaersulf unless yaersulf is their buddy?"

Given the still-lingering suspicion that PX/Fabloo might be third party + them being likely doc targets I think it makes sense for them not to be targeted with the nightkill. Of the most experienced players in the game, mostly everyone else had varying degrees of suspicion on them, and I was also the main leader of a mislynch. I was only slightly townreading zwerdjib but i don't believe anyone was scumreading him at all. when it first happened i did think it was weird but after thinking about it more it's not a bad kill. unlucky for us that he ended up being the tracker.

ftr I don't think lurker mislynches tend to be heavily scum-led. of course odds are someone on there is scum, but town ends up consolidating by themselves without much scum influence on lurkers because nobody is really townreading them strongly (other than NNR) so there ends up being little opposition. in comparison getting active players mislynched requires more effort from scum cuz there's more of a chance that there will be townies defending them.

Polaris

« Reply #896 on: April 18, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »
i could just be projecting serela onto daiya because they're occupying the same headspace on me, but i called out serela for having reads that other people already conveniently had, and then daiya listed serela/smartbomb/me as his picks and then decided to vote for me, as if the motive was to vote independently of the current wagons (or wagon-and-a-half, considering smartbomb is only 2 votes) rather than to legitimately push me. combine that with a very surface level understanding of my posts (what i called him out for previously) and you get a case that doesn't seem like it was trying very hard. the recent post of "push me like smartbomb is doing" seems unusual if he thinks smartbomb is scummy, though it's more like he just hasn't posted about smartbomb so i can't really follow his read anyway.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #897 on: April 18, 2020, 06:44:00 PM »
I'm kinda working backwards here, so bear with me:

Disquieted and BBM are setting up for pushing Daiya D2 at ED1 in #729/730.

Zwed seems to be somewhat pressureing Serela in #722; he's also notably voting Serela ED1 despite being around so near hammer.

BBM seems rather buddy-buddy with Smartbomb in #720

Zwed's vote on Serela seems to be 'no we're not voting Smartbomb'. Not the most useful interaction.

Disquieted votes on meow in #698 without any explanation. The lack of explanation is quite telling, since at this time; Fabloo and Yaersulf's wagons are both on 5.

BBM in #699 echos the 'not turboing Smartbomb' thing. More buddy-buddy. They have a habit of posting right after each other too.

#712; Daiya shows up and basically just wagonhops with the sentiment 'This can't be stopped *shrug*'. Not great.

The meow wagon feels purer to me. At worst neutral on everyone voting there. Don't feel the same way about the yaersulf wagon with daiya and raikaria there and NNR who is probably town at this point but I've disagreed with his reads almost all game

Cut by daiya switching but could be a late bus at this point so that's fine

Either BBM's reads are wrong, everyone on the Townie wagon was wrong, or BBM is scum.

Also; I don't particularly recall BBM previously expressing a bad read on me, but maybe I'll come across it.

NNR have you considered that I might be town

I don't like posts like this.

##Unvote:
##Vote: meow56

##Unvote
##Vote meow56

AAAARGHGHHH! Votes with no reasons! Are so unhelpful! Especially enmasse!

i'm a little irked that meow's been pretty much uncontested. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i've really seen anyone defend them. it doesn't feel like we'd get much info from this wagon if they were to flip town.

##unvote
##vote: Yaersulf

i feel more a bit more comfortable with this. his interactions have been diverse enough to help us learn a thing or two if this goes wrong.

This post from Daiya makes their eventual wagonhop look more like a legitimate 'I'm consolidating'. Also; the 'no-one is defending them' seems like a legitimate concern and a good point.

Defensive vote just in case. ##Vote: Yaersulf Looks like it's me, though.

Here's a semi-rushed reads list! Now with reasoning!

Town
BigBangMeteor -- His insistence on my lynch has been a thing for a while now, so he seems good.
Disquieted -- Though a little disengaged early on, he's posted reads and he's been pushing them.
Yaersulf -- His reaction to Fabloo's roleclaim just felt townie to me.

Lean Town
raikaria -- Made good posts, I guess? Votes are piling up on me so apologies if this is lax.
Bardiche/banana spritzee -- Bardiche seemed town, but banana spritzee's lurking is dropping him.
Serela -- He just seems genuine, maybe it's just lack of meta knowledge though.
zwerdjib -- From what I recall he seems to be looking through things well enough.

Neutral
Fabloo/PX -- Not going to deal with these guys.
Tom -- Don't like the admission of lurking, especially don't like the sheeping during his "lurk period" but meh.
NucleusWaffles -- Should post more :(
Daiya -- Awaiting the promised post.
NekoNekoRex -- Felt like he wasn't posting much? Also missed BBM's point about me, I think. (It wasn't that I wasn't playing well, but rather my plays didn't line up with my previous readslist)
Polaris -- I don't really know where to put him, but he's been moving his vote like crazy. I ran out of colors to represent him!

Scumreads would have been helpful, but I guess 'null reads' are his 'scumreads'.

BBM in #683 a least is pushing on Meow on who he thinks is most likly to be scum, and Meow responds Polaris and Tom.

I strongly think Yaersulf is town, it's hard to see mafia reacting the way he did to Fabloo's claim, especially with the misunderstanding that he thought it was essentially a fake copclaim on him.

Dosen't this opinion conflict with the 'new player pass' attitude however? You can't attribute bad play to 'new player' and then say 'I can't see new player who is playing badly acting this way'.

im not feeling the yaersulf lynch. dont see the point of him lying down with a vanilla claim. seems too new to try WIFOM. his buddies would tell him to claim a PR to get a counterclaim

i'll consolidate if i have to obviously but meow is better. dont get serela wagon

And where is this sentiment when Meow lays down with a VT claim?

This post is raiseing alarm bells due to inconsistency; especially with his Smartbomb buddying.

God why are you voting meow over serela when you have meow as more suspicious

Also this post looks like a uge slip.

If meow is more suspicious than Serela... then you should be voting meow? Also why is this even a problem to BBM when BBM is voting Meow himself? Why would he be against this?

Also worth noting at this point:

Votecount
Yaersulf (3): Fabloo, raikaria, Tom
Serela (3): zwerdjib, PX, Polaris
Fabloo (2): NucleusWaffles, Yaersulf
meow56 (2): BigBangMeteor, Disquieted

Hmm. BBM and Smartbomb back to back again.

I actually really dislike BBM's end of day...

Also on my earlier point of hsi bad read on me:

i'm not a big fan of raikaria's vote on yaersulf. it just feels weird. half of it is basically for vote timing on the fabloo wagon. it's unclear why he finds yaersulf worse than tom. He says the vote is more "topical" but it's not really the point in the game where consolidation is necessary yet (still 18 hours left). i also just... don't like that the only people he's pushed all game are newbies. He specifically says he doesn't want to give a newbie pass but surely uh you dont think dormio is going to make 2 people newbscum together? gonna read some more ppl but I think he's in the lead for me right now. bit frustrating he's out BATTLING CORONAVIRUS rather than PLAYING MAFIA

'Raikaria is refusing to give out newbie passes and is pushing for people he states he thinks are making scummy play. This is bad'. - That's what I read here.

Aka: Raikaria is scumhunting newbies so he is scummy and the worst-looking player imo right now.

How does this logic work?

Also I'm under the impression that Roles are rolled for? The scumteam isn't curated by the GM as far as I'm aware. Dormio and other GM's don't manically laugh as they try and create the most hilarious scumteam.

All the newbies could be scum. Or none of them.

---

I think I've read enough. BBM has been buddying Smartbomb hard, has some really weird statements [Why are you voting Meow over Serela if you think Meow is more suspicious? How does this opinion make ANY sense?] and his read on me also makes no sense [Although this could be OMGUS talking. If someone else disagrees with my read of BBM's opinion on me, feel free to correct me].

But right now I'm happy doing this. I'm also not particularly impressed with Smartbomb's ED1 and those two come across as buddying to me.

##Vote: BigBangMeteor

---

cut:

I don't know what you're talking about. :S

##Vote:Disquieted

d1 non-commital waffley non-presence talking about things but going nowhere, entering d2 their only significant opinion is daiya, looks like scum going nowhere and sitting on the easy newbie vote

Ok I think that's everyone @.@
oh cut by daiya. Oh, Daiya does have mafia experience? I didn't know that, sorry whoops been calling you one of the first-game-newbies :U IIRC this is Daiya's first post today, do you have opinions about people yo :U

I might be misinterpreting this but it feels like you're saying your Smartbomb vote could apply to everyone. On re-read I think I might be misinterpreting it. As I said, my brain is kinda melted down.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #898 on: April 18, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »
Also; on the topic of giving newbies free passes.

How do newbies learn what is bad play and looks scummy if they are treatd with kid gloves and their mistakes are not prodded and pushed and poked?

Polaris

« Reply #899 on: April 18, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »
also, i'm glad raikaria is being his usual raikaria self now.

yeah, you're misinterpreting it, serela is saying "ok, i think i've managed to cover everyone in my post" as a wrap-up