Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819080 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2020, 05:12:20 AM »
Votecount
Serela (3): Polaris, BigBangMeteor, Tom
Disquieted (1): NekoNekoRex
NekoNekoRex (1): Disquieted
banana spritzee (1): Yaersulf
NucleusWaffles (0):
Polaris (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, raikaria, banana spritzee, Serela, NucleusWaffles, Daiya, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:32:30 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Polaris

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2020, 05:18:38 AM »
meow56: BigBangMeteor, Polaris, Yaersulf, Tom, PX, Disquieted, Daiya
Yaersulf: raikaria, NekoNekoRex, meow56, Serela
Serela: zwerdjib
Fabloo: NucleusWaffles

Not voting: banana spritzee, Fabloo

here's my interpretation of the eod votecount. yaersulf, tom, px probably would've voted anyone under the circumstances

i had this post up half-written and totally lost my train of thought. uhhhh
yeah so the real wagon is like 5/3 (meow doesn't count since it's not me over me too) i put serela back on yaersulf since he only switched to meow to hammer.

yeah imo serela's waffle looks the worst here. daiya's swing vote onto meow actually looks relatively good in comparison, so maybe the scum is smartbomb? i'm actually ok with that. still think zeenana is scum which is why it's so hard to analyze

Polaris

« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2020, 05:21:46 AM »
this is all the more relevant when you consider the loudest thing you can post is a vote, and like their posts, their votes have had no value either.

you think my vote has no value but actually serela is lurking right this very moment, so he's cracking as we speak B)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #843 on: April 18, 2020, 05:53:16 AM »
I won't discount Serela, fair, but a lot of people have spent a lot of time so far making a lot of white noise.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #844 on: April 18, 2020, 05:56:51 AM »
Good news: I'm awake.

Bad News: Early shift today

This means I don't really have much time right now, but I will have time to do stuff when I get back later.

Why does this matter? Because I don't really have time to re-read right now.

Just keeping you guys in the loop.

Not voting until I re-read.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Polaris

« Reply #845 on: April 18, 2020, 06:51:31 AM »
was about to go to bed but i just remembered that smartbomb was actually an early vote on the wagon, not a late vote (forgot he unvoted and revoted a bunch of people so he got pushed back to the end), so i don't think i can use VCA as evidence to doubt him, it's ultimately null. (this does not mean that i think smartbomb is town, just that the VCA is bad evidence for him in particular)

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2020, 08:55:49 AM »
I am paranoid if just saying 'male' was too much information, it is very accurate how much appears to be intuited based on what little information I provided.

I am currently quite weak role-wise to amount to anything, so I would prefer if we do the tried-and-true method of voting pattern analysis now that we are in D2 and we should not be derailed by role speculations.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #847 on: April 18, 2020, 09:12:57 AM »
Okay, player impressions.
---
Serela (3): Polaris, BigBangMeteor, Tom
^Leaves hardly an impression

Disquieted (1): NekoNekoRex
^Liked his logic and powerful intuition

NekoNekoRex (1): Disquieted
^Too emotional to be scum

banana spritzee (1): Yaersulf
^Leaves hardly an impression

NucleusWaffles (0):
^Paranoid, I did my fair share of reading in Ys lore and mafia meta

Polaris (0):
^Active and quick to switch votes

Tom (0):
^Data man, does not vote easily

Fabloo (0):
^I don't like his attitude. I read him as third party survivor lovers team in a 15P game, but he seemed glad to pick up on the masons claim and roll with it.

I don't mind his powers which are benign now, but both PX and Fabloo I want lynched before MyLo 

raikaria (0):
^Has a medical job which is very ethical, probably a good lynch just for the sake of his mental wellbeing

Yaersulf (0):
^All actions with abstract train of thought, I would vote

BigBangMeteor (0):
^Highly respected by Disquieted, also produces well articulated walls and very likable.
Was also in old MoTK games, buddying with Disquieted

Daiya (0):
^I forgot about him as of typing this sentence

PX (0):
^Team with Fabloo, power lurker who definitely seems less honest and upfront, how active are you in the 'masons' chat? Fabloo, really you should consider if PX is shaping your opinions. Of course, the argument wouldn't apply if both of you 'are' survivors

« Reply #848 on: April 18, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
Those impressions seem kind of weird to me, how does being emotional discount Neko as scum? (Not that I think Neko is scum, but that seems like a weird reason for him to not be.)

« Reply #849 on: April 18, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »
I didn't really see Nucleus as scum before but now I kind of know what you guys were talking about

##Unvote
##Vote: NucleusWaffles

« Reply #850 on: April 18, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
For the record I'm also totally down with a Serela vote.  I wish I could more clearly explain why but my level of analysis is still at "This one seems really suss".

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #851 on: April 18, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »
Hey, you are here!

I want to talk about your list, has anything changed since your last update?

« Reply #852 on: April 18, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
I'd say that since then I'm more trusting of Fabloo and PX, and less trusting of you and Serela

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #853 on: April 18, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »
Anything on Tom? He made an interesting shiny vote graph

« Reply #854 on: April 18, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »
Yeah but he didn't really commit much to actually interpreting or passing judgement on it, so it hasn't really changed my opinion of him much. He's still at "kinda suss but maybe just new?"

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #855 on: April 18, 2020, 10:09:27 AM »
Sorry, I lost my post.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In summary, I made a long Finger of Suspicion noting how except meow (who was being lynched) had tons of vote activity, Yaesulf, you voted very actively during the last stages,  I see you use your vote as a weapon of pressure very liberally, but that is not very consistent.

Conversely, I am curious about the grouping of Serela with myself. I find Serela more similar to Daiya, both in terms of voting patterns and the posting pharsing and style and intervals.

cut

I think in terms of personality and use of votes I am closer in personality to Disquieted and BBM, and vote usage I align much nearer to Tom.

« Reply #856 on: April 18, 2020, 10:10:26 AM »
By the way, could you explain your thoughts about Neko in more depth? Also doesn't it seem kind of weird for lovers to have the ability to talk publicly at night? I don't see how that would be a power that would benefit them for anything except passing themselves off as masons, which seems a bit unreasonable. (Hey look at me, I actually went to the mafiascum wiki and know these terms now)

Cut by Nucleus

« Reply #857 on: April 18, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »
I wasn't really grouping you with Serela per se, you're just the two that my suspicion meter has gone up for, not necessarily for the same reason.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #858 on: April 18, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »
By the way, could you explain your thoughts about Neko in more depth? Also doesn't it seem kind of weird for lovers to have the ability to talk publicly at night? I don't see how that would be a power that would benefit them for anything except passing themselves off as masons, which seems a bit unreasonable. (Hey look at me, I actually went to the mafiascum wiki and know these terms now)

Cut by Nucleus

I find Neko very dramatic and seems town in how he draws attention to himself but avoids substantial logic, this is a survival-focused strategy, and does not seem scum.

He also applies his vote quite strategically, so despite his prose he clearly has a fair head on his shoulders

I honestly have suspicions about the masons claim. Masons, according to mafiascum, can be in some situations more powerful or equivalent to a cop.

However, if its true that by D2 our tracker is gone and mason lovers are outed now (if true), other town power roles really need to step up their game now and vanilla towns should draw the nightkill attention as much as they can because power-wise we are urgently at a big disadvantage.

« Reply #859 on: April 18, 2020, 10:34:07 AM »
But what do you think about their ability to talk at night, doesn't that seem like a weird ability to give to a third party?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #860 on: April 18, 2020, 10:37:03 AM »
Third parties are jesters of mafia, according to mafiascum.

Lovers with nighttalk and such control over information (greatest asset in mafia, every vote is lethal) is not town-sided at all.

Town functions best as a communist faction, scum functions best as a capitalist faction. To end this interrogation, I surmise power roles are an evil impurity and we should seek to reject it as pure Lunarians.

I identify as a fairy though

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #861 on: April 18, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »
Oh hey.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #862 on: April 18, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »
I... have no idea what is going on.

What.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #863 on: April 18, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Here cometh the player I like the most so far, Disquieted!

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #864 on: April 18, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »
Uh, hi, I'm sure you used your ability last night? Do you have any comment on your usage last night, and the fact that your ability blanks on most of the game or the restriction you have doesn't matter?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #865 on: April 18, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »
Hmh.

i think i'm pretty comfortable with voting tom, atm. his arguments on their own aren't particularly scummy, but i also feel that he isn't really approaching this game with a scumhunting mindset, which i find odd considering that he's been doing his homework. as far as newbies go, yaersulf's approach feels more genuine to me, for juxtaposition's sake

but yeah, ##vote: tom

i'm a little irked that meow's been pretty much uncontested. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i've really seen anyone defend them. it doesn't feel like we'd get much info from this wagon if they were to flip town.

##unvote
##vote: Yaersulf

i feel more a bit more comfortable with this. his interactions have been diverse enough to help us learn a thing or two if this goes wrong.

apologies for flipping like this. i'm not too convinced on yaer anymore and i don't think the meow train can be stopped atp

##vote: meow56

this is exactly what happened to me, so i'm really sorry if you flip town

Daiya, your yaer progression is problematic, to put it lightly.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #866 on: April 18, 2020, 11:08:33 AM »
Like let me walk through it from your perspective, cause that's a serious problem of what's happening right now with reads in this thread. Yeah?

Daiya, you say Yaersulf's approach feels genuine, yes? That implies you think he's townie, or at least townier than most newbies (as you say, Nucleus is probably your highest townread both as a newbie and as a player in this game total).

You then move to Yaersulf as a vote. Now let me see if I remember the context of this vote off the top of my head, but it's a choice between Yaersulf, meow, with maybe Serela or Fabloo left in the dust. So, yeah, if you put this down to a binary choice between Yaersulf or meow this is fine. But the reasoning doesn't really fit.

First off, meow's wagon being uncontested shouldn't outweigh a townread you already have - and in fact it's the only other townread you have aside from nucleus and if you squint at it a bit, me. So I get the problem with meow having a large wagon but you're not really putting much stock in Yaersulf's towniness that you just stated, except that they're your second most confident townread.

I have a severe problem with this cause in a vacuum? Your second post is fine and if you just read it in the moment, fine. But as is, this doesn't really gel with your perception of the gamestate.

The third post is really questionable here cause, well I called this out as being insincere and when I look at it now, it kind of is. I think the biggest issue I see here apart from a very generic toneread is that you "weren't too convinced on yaersulf anymore" but if I'm reading through your posts, you shouldn't have been convinced on your yaersulf vote or against meow (given the only problem you have with meow is how big his wagon is, which in the whole scheme of things shouldn't be a huge problem for you to avoid yourself).

So. Daiya?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #867 on: April 18, 2020, 11:18:32 AM »
Uh, hi, I'm sure you used your ability last night? Do you have any comment on your usage last night, and the fact that your ability blanks on most of the game or the restriction you have doesn't matter?

My powers are aligned with the universe. Thus, I cannot comment on the matter at this moment.

« Reply #868 on: April 18, 2020, 11:23:46 AM »
Nucleus the way I see it is:

1)You have a special town role, the scum already basically know this at this point. Therefore you may as well reveal what it actually does because that's not going to make you any more of a target. (Certainly not more of a target than Fabloo/PX)

2)The reason you want to know people's gender is for some scummy purpose, which you would still have a reason to obfuscate. Therefore, hiding your role makes you seem more scummy.

So come clean already.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #869 on: April 18, 2020, 11:38:31 AM »
Special powers are not performed in the night, Yaersulf.

Our special powers are unique to each person's standing, pattern and choice of words, voting habits, etcetera.

I gave an answer to Disquieted which only him, or players similar to himself, would likely understand.

My special power is my words, I am able to speak in the public, but even if I am to speak in an anagram it would become obfuscated for all but myself. Such sort of breadcrumbing is useless until pointed out. I am not leaving such sort of breadcrumbs which only serve to make a scene at the hanging.

Nonetheless, I am dropping ideas, I see our standoff as a big idea which is happening now.

For my questions, what are your opinions on Serela and PX and Fabloo?