Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819487 times)

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2020, 01:31:35 AM »
Cuz smartbomb has routinely made good points and hinted at stuff I agree with.

I'm not gonna lie my brain is too fried for me to remember why I even thought you were scum and I'm not going to go look for it now. I'll reread everything over night

I hate being like "this isn't how I play scum" but I don't hardbuddy with my scumbuddies early game I'm a day 1 hard busser

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #721 on: April 17, 2020, 01:32:09 AM »
Votecount
meow56 (7): BigBangMeteor, Polaris, Yaersulf, Tom, PX, Disquieted, Daiya (L-1)
Yaersulf (4): raikaria, NekoNekoRex, meow56, Serela
Serela (1): zwerdjib
Fabloo (1): NucleusWaffles
Daiya (0):
Tom (0):
Polaris (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: banana spritzee, Fabloo
meow56 is at L-1!

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #722 on: April 17, 2020, 01:32:29 AM »
dude i've posted like three times that I think daiya's content is lowkey scummy

actually youve posted that his lack thereof is scummy. note the difference in terminology

im still holding you to this

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #723 on: April 17, 2020, 01:35:04 AM »
Zwerd which of the wagons are you going to vote on.

I don't think we're going to turbo anyone in the last 30 minutes when we've barely managed to get a large wagon the vast majority of the day so far.

(Hint: I want you to vote Yaer with me)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #724 on: April 17, 2020, 01:36:35 AM »
Also I want to make clear that if PX weren't claiming mason right now I would be pushing his strawberries in with a train
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #725 on: April 17, 2020, 01:36:48 AM »
daiya's existing content is scummy because of the fact that there's nothing else in it but slight dips on his votepark tom, and whatever voteswap he did in his last post for end-day consolidation

i mean yes that's sort of a 'lack thereof' but the way i said it isn't wrong >:T

I literally clearly explained at the start of the day that active lurking is scummy and what I meant was 'don't lynch someone for not being present d1' aka zwerd and banana spritzee's prods

it's not my fault you misunderstand my very clearly worded and specific points!!

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #726 on: April 17, 2020, 01:38:52 AM »
also yes px has made like two posts all day not counting 'im a mason' and that's gross but oh well

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #727 on: April 17, 2020, 01:46:57 AM »
i would like to clarify that i'll hammer meow in like 10 minutes before deadline hits to avoid no-lynch, of course

but yeah zwerd, like
i'm doing exactly what i laid out in my guidelines at day-start ok
when 3 people suggested we turbo banana for the prod i told them hell no that's a garbage idea

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #728 on: April 17, 2020, 01:48:28 AM »
Your entire list of reads is a big "maybe" on everyone (while giving BBM a pretty murky town pass) and all of your votes have been completely devoid of context or with abysmal context, not to mention the reason you stated voting me.

I could use that as reason alone to vote you and I probably plan to push you D2, should I live to see it.

Cool, which is why you should PUSH me instead of using my vote as a justification to avoid voting other people you also find scummy.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #729 on: April 17, 2020, 01:50:06 AM »
Btw I literally left the thread and then immediately regretted it cause Daiya's vote post is really ingenuine regardless of meow56's alignment and I should've seen if everyone legitimately wanted to try and lynch there. But too late now, just got back. Oh well.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #730 on: April 17, 2020, 01:54:45 AM »
Yeah I did consider the daiya lynch but ultimately felt like not enough time and my brain was already too fried for me to know if I was thinking rationally or just being too indecisive

I would strongly look at daiya tomorrow I think especially if meow flips scum this is a pairing that makes sense because daiya voted a counterwagon and only switched last min after the lynch was locked in

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #731 on: April 17, 2020, 01:56:37 AM »
I'm getting replaced at work RIGHT NOW so I gotta drop the hammer a minute early, sorry

##unvote
##Vote meow56

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #732 on: April 17, 2020, 01:57:39 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #733 on: April 17, 2020, 01:59:54 AM »
Yee hath finally delivered the killing blow. Pray thee that Our blade striketh truth.

Reporting because Dormio sucks

Confirming mod error. Prior post wasn't meant to be deleted.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:00:35 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #734 on: April 17, 2020, 02:01:41 AM »
End of Day Votecount
meow56 (8): BigBangMeteor, Polaris, Yaersulf, Tom, PX, Disquieted, Daiya, Serela (Lynched!)
Yaersulf (3): raikaria, NekoNekoRex, meow56
Serela (1): zwerdjib
Fabloo (1): NucleusWaffles
Daiya (0):
Tom (0):
Polaris (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):

Not voting: banana spritzee, Fabloo

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Night One)
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2020, 02:06:19 AM »
"I was never really good at these talking games, I'm more of an act first and ask questions later kind of guy, you know?"
meow56, playing Dogi, Traveler of the World, was removed from the game!
Quote from: Role PM
Welcome, meow56, to Ys Mafia!
You are Dogi, Traveler of the World

You're not entirely sure how you got here, to be honest. You were simply looking for a tavern so that you could grab a bite to eat and get some rest but you've ended up barging into a meeting with the Goddesses. Well, whatever, it seems like a good time and this mafia game doesn't seem to bad either.

You have the ability to post in thread and vote.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated. Best of luck.

Night One has begun!
You have 24 hours to submit any actions you may or may not have via PM to me.

Time until night phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:04:58 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2020, 02:09:04 AM »
"Man, I just wanted to eat and sleep, or something." ~ Dogi, probably

16) You may make one post that does not contain any game related information after dying within 24 hours of your death. This is the only exception that will allow you to talk while dead.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:10:48 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #737 on: April 17, 2020, 02:23:47 AM »
Alas We have lost one of Our children. However, We shall mull upon this in due time.

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #738 on: April 17, 2020, 02:52:46 AM »
I'm sorry I wasn't around for this. It's unfortunate that we've been revealed early. Though it may have become clear that our presence existed by this time.

Fabloo

« Reply #739 on: April 17, 2020, 02:56:00 AM »
Dearest sister, it is likely that one of us will be killed. I premeditate about this day and share my teachings with our people.

Fabloo

« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2020, 06:08:11 PM »
An unfortunate turn of events. I wish to give my interpretation on such, along with those involved.

NekoNekoRex

I don't know what to think about Neko. His words are seemingly less strong than what I remember. Perhaps something needs to be stirred inside to get a call to action. His entrance into this game from what I remember was mostly formalities, and he kept a lot of his reads at arm's length. Cautiousness for someone like this doesn't sit right with me. His stubborness from what I observe is his most defining trait. I think it would be preemptive of me to judge him entirely on this, but right now I cannot townread him in good conscience. I think he is being too careful.

BigBangMeteor

I have talked a great deal about this slot. It takes a lot to lead a mislynch. I don't think this was calculated on his part. Nothing suggests that scum's agenda was to vote meow56. The way votes laid bare I have a feeling that it just ended up being a good vote. Given it wasn't on them. How does this tie into BBM? I was concerned about him. I think in some aspect I still am. I don't think he is a ringleader though. At best a goon. I can't trust myself to be correct on this read until something is apparent to me. Right now if I had to make an absolute decision I would give BBM benefit of the doubt though. That's slightly contradicting. It's all processed in my previous thoughts about him. I think what BBM does next after this mislynch determine where the pendulum swings for me.

Yearsulf

I don't like this slot. I don't like what happened yesterday. For someone who was apparently willing to be be the mislynch he showed no care for who got lynched besides him. This doesn't require complexity. He switched his vote about three times during end of deadline. These are common things to look out for. Not caring who dies as long as it isn't him. Someone said that him thinking I had a cop claim on him and his response to it was townie but I fail to see it. In the face of adversity it's scum best interest to deny. deny. deny. Even if it seems silly. This is a very common thing to do. Go look at any instance of a scum being caught out by something. There is nobody. Not even the most inexperienced scum that will just admit they're caught. The only option he had was to feign ignorance and double down on his read on me. His semi-claim gave no info as well and he didn't even state his gender. I'm not going to keep this a secret anymore. Gender is a mechanic in this game. I was hush about it but maybe another one of my reads will make sense. That unwillingness to reveal his gender for his role means that he has information that regular townies would not. I strongly suggest others reconsider their thoughts on him with this information.

Fabloo

« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
Raikara

Par for the course. Not worried about their content too much. Not really keeping an eye on him either. I think his vote on Tom was probably the most inoffensive but also felt the most thoughtful. I like this from people. I think scum are capable of pretending to be that way but something about Rai just seems. Earnest. Earnest is a good way to describe his presence. That was how I felt last game too. I would need more information or a better understanding of his behavior differs when he is scum. Right now I feel just fine with him.

Tom

Tom is. Tom is different. I made a strong stance about Tom and said he had to be town because of what he's done. I explained this already in detail so I won't go over it again. Tom does things that show his inexperience. Tom does things that are somewhat scummy. His vote onto me and his vote onto the meow56 wagon really didn't have much conscious thought beyond thinking about the game mechanically. Inexperienced players tend to look at this game as just that. A game. A game to be learned. A game to be processed and to develop strategies. They don't see that this game has more to it and social interaction strongly determines outcomes. People who are experienced may take offense to this because it doesn't seem like things make sense. I instead saw it as a townie who was cautious. Tom surprised me though. I think I read one of his posts and was shocked it came from someone inexperienced. It's true that as scum he could probably look up things on Mafia Scum. Suggest no lynches. Make the posts he makes. To most people his inexperience is not an excuse. I get this. I just don't think it's the right call. Not now at least. Tom will likely stick around for a long time. He doesn't impose any threat. I would be willing to listen to those who were determined to lynch Tom or why they believe they're scum. So long as they're willing to listen to me.

NucleusWaffles

Referring back to what I said about Gender being a mechanic. Nucleus claimed that his role pertains to Gender in order for it to work. I read this as townie because I don't know if a scum openly claims their abilities so early. There was townie intent to say he wanted to know everyone's gender by N2 for..something. That's about as far as my thoughts go on Nucleus. I'm reading him as town purely on mechanics and his claim of them.

Fabloo

« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »
Right. Continuing further.

Disquieted

Disquieted to me is someone that is attuned to themselves. Kind of like Serela but with more method through the madness. His walldrop was surface level good. I had no problem with it. The underlying factor to me though that everything inbetween doesn't seem too convincing. If I were to gauge Disquieted at a player level, I think someone who understand themselves can provide enough range to belt out a few meandering walls and call it a day as scum. The claims presented by those walls however. A bit empty. Saying a lot but not really saying anything. When Disquieted dropped a huge thesis onto the thread it had purpose. His posts here seem directionless. On top of this strange deprecation throughout his posts. Mafia sucks. I should go. I don't know what to do. Maybe he should change his name to Dispirited for this game. The trick here for me to read him is trying to understand what is ailing him. Right now I'm led to believe it's being used somewhat similar to the way Serela has used it. Self-aware players are especially prone to this. I have a feeling Disquieted is someone that knows himself so well that he may mistakingly exaggerate finer points of his personality without realizing it. Those small cracks are what concern me. I don't know why he gave up Polaris so easily if he believes in his own ability to convince. It doesn't sit right.

Serela

Speaking of. Both me and my sister agree something is wrong. Emotional players lead with their emotions. The problem is that when you're scum you rely on them to make yourself seem more convincing. His emotions led so far just seem like placeholder for empty thought. Not really thinking about anything. If Disquieted is directionless then Serela seems to have no purpose beyond shouting into the void. If I were to break it down simply. He's not really scumhunting. Disquieted at the least has made an attempt but Serela seems content getting by. Trying not to just repeat what I said about him earlier. Keep an eye on him. Please.

Daiya

He's here and then he's not here. He has posts and yeah they exist. He exists. He does a lot of existing. I wouldn't say full passiveness but just sort of. The quietest voice in the room. Is that intentional on his part as scum? I don't really know. I would probably like to hear from people who know him about this. I don't think Daiya is being careful. I think he's being humble. His presence doesn't seem too foreboding. He lightly gestured to Tom and then sat on him for the majority of the thread. Right now not my priority, but if the behavior keeps up that might have to change.

Fabloo

« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »
Zwerdjib

I like him. I have no strong feelings other than. He can keep doing what he's doing. His vote onto Disquieted was very bold. It doesn't feel like last game where he was purely reactionary. It's possible that players can pick up on their mistakes but. Maybe he is really just excited to be town. Not much else to say.

Bardiche/Banana Spritzee

What a strange replace out. I..didn't really have much to say about him before he left. I still don't. Spritzee said one thing about being town and then never posted again. Null as null can be.

Polaris

This is. This is a big one. You'd think I'd have a ton to say but I think Polaris says it himself. For the sake of argument, I think that anxious scum is definitely something that can exist. Scum who flood threads or cause confusion. Chaos. I don't remember entirely what Disquieted thought about Polaris or what it really meant but the only thing I can see possible by Polaris if he's scum is that he is reveling in this chaos. However? I don't see it. Meow died and said he suspected Tom & Polaris. I had to reel it back in and think about how I felt. There's just. It's like there's too many mistakes to be made to be scum. That's what I tell myself. Flailing? Perhaps. I don't think he was pushed that far though. If anything. He pushed himself. You create your own madness. I looked back about what Polaris said where he doesn't care about what happened ot me and he was gonna delete his account. That didn't seem like an appeal. I think that was absolving his own guilt if he was wrong. He seemed very prideful. He doesn't want to go against something when he feels strongly.  Despite that. He let it go. It shows he's not unreasonable. At least not stupid. He's taken such a strong role in terms of how the day progressed and how it ended. I don't think he's the ringleader I was talking about either. He'd be playing a fantastic scum game otherwise. Is that within his capability?

Fabloo

« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
I think that's everyone.

I think tommorow we should lynch Yearsulf. We should look in Serela, Disquieted, Daiya and Neko. These are not definitive. As in I don't think this comprises the scumteam. Looking into them suggests that we should put them in a position that will cause them to open up and perhaps show more of their intentions. I think I could be wrong about Tom. Maybe even Polaris. I won't worry about it yet.

I townread Zwerdjib, Polaris, Raikara, Tom, PX, Nucleus.

I am null on BigBangMeteor, banana spritzee.

If I die, then I've left everything I could.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #745 on: April 18, 2020, 02:02:52 AM »
"The buffet is now open! All you can eat! Meat! Fish! Veggies! We've got it all, food from all over the world!"
Upon hearing this announcement, Karna disappeared without a trace.
zwerdjib, playing Karna, the Hunter of Comodo, left the game to indulge in the buffet!
Quote from: Role PM
Welcome, zwerdjib, to Ys Mafia!
You are Karna, the Hunter of Comodo

You know, the only real reason why you came to this meeting was to try all sorts of different foods from other cultures. But, hey, this mafia game looks pretty interesting so you suppose it can't hurt to give it a try!

In addition to your ability to post in thread and vote, you have the following abilities:
  • Master Huntress: Your ability to track and hunt prey is second to none. During each night phase you may target ONE player and observe them, allowing you to see if that player visited anybody during the night phase.

You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated. Best of luck.
The Second Day of Ys Mafia has begun!

Votecount
Polaris (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Disquieted (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Polaris, Tom, Fabloo, raikaria, banana spritzee, Serela, Yaersulf, Disquieted, NucleusWaffles, BigBangMeteor, Daiya, NekoNekoRex, PX

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:33:05 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Polaris

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #746 on: April 18, 2020, 02:12:34 AM »
ok well that's a big :thonking:

anyway

##Vote: Serela

serela has been sheeping my vote all game and basically imploded when he couldn't sheep my vote onto himself so i wanna see it happen again :)

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #747 on: April 18, 2020, 02:13:01 AM »
smh fabloo should go to jail for thinking i would be a goon and not a ringleader

time to read the thread :(

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #748 on: April 18, 2020, 02:17:24 AM »
ok well that's a big :thonking:

anyway

##Vote: Serela

serela has been sheeping my vote all game and basically imploded when he couldn't sheep my vote onto himself so i wanna see it happen again :)

polaris what's serela's scum meta? the only game i remember him being scum in he lurked like crazy and we lynched him d1. he's obviously pretty different from that this game but a sample size of 1 game years ago isn't great in terms of determining his scum meta

Polaris

« Reply #749 on: April 18, 2020, 02:19:38 AM »
i don't really remember, it's been years since i played :V last time i just sort of inferred it from his tone