Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819049 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #240 on: April 15, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
wow zwj didn't even make it to the end of the thread? i'm disappointed

i did explain i had a gun to my head, didnt i? i think i did.

yep, i did. i had a gun to my head

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »
Votecount
Bardiche (3): Tom, NekoNekoRex, BigBangMeteor
Fabloo (3): Polaris, Serela, NucleusWaffles
Tom (2): Bardiche, raikaria
NekoNekoRex (1): PX
Polaris (1): Disquieted
raikaria (0):
Disquieted (0):
PX (0):
Daiya (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
meow56 (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: zwerdjib, Fabloo, Daiya, meow56, Yaersulf

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2020, 12:57:05 PM »
my thoughts on bard vs tom btw: [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #243 on: April 15, 2020, 12:59:29 PM »
my thoughts on bard vs tom btw: [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

this is TVT and i have no reason to believe otherwise.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »
I woke up a bit late and am running out of time to actually make a post after catching up. My problem with the Tom wagon isn't that he's playing well and that there aren't holes in his play to poke at. It just feels really easy and doesn't feel like there's actual scum intent behind Tom's play so much as a new guy flailing around and not knowing what to do.

Raikaria basing his Tom vote primarily on him OMGUSing Bard (which he definitely did do) falls into that category imo.

Bard's vote bothered me because it felt like he was using a buzzword (circular logic) that wasn't even applicable to make the vote. Granted that there wasn't that much else going on at the time. I thought his other posts were generally ok though. Also if he's subbing out this is a dead vote until someone subs in. Sigh.

##Unvote

I don't like empty unvoting but I need to read the thread again prior to voting. My first impression of the Raikaria wallpost was negative, but might be basing it too much off who he chose to vote rather than why. Need to read NNR again. Can someone link to the one post Meow made? I totally missed that.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
I'm seeing quite a few people claiming Tom is playing well; but I fail to see where this is.

If people could elaborate on this example of Tom playing well, I would appreciate it, because as far as I am aware, making a case [which contradicts your own other points] and outright admitting it's mostly OMGUS isn't playing well.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »
I'm seeing quite a few people claiming Tom is playing well; but I fail to see where this is.

If people could elaborate on this example of Tom playing well, I would appreciate it, because as far as I am aware, making a case [which contradicts your own other points] and outright admitting it's mostly OMGUS isn't playing well.

raikaria, i dont think anyone is saying hes playing well. its more like hes hitting angles that dont come from a scum mindset.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
I dislike you and I dislike Serela right now.
for being courteous to newbies?? are you saying I should be suspicious of waffles for diving into roleshens instantly??? Are you saying I should be ruder to someone who's joining their first game???? These all seem like things that no decent person should be doing????????

I..really don't know why you would say this when the thread is already so bare that a quick relook could show that I have asked something of both of you only to be ignored.
wait did you
Look, I'm reading you back and you asked me a question which, not only did I respond to, but you also responded to my response. I don't know what you're talking about.
Do you mean when you asked if I was suggesting we don't lynch a lurker d1??? I can't imagine you mean this though :S Because
A.I talked plenty about lurker semantics after that since everyone kept bringing it up
B.There's no way someone could seriously expect that on Page 2 I'm trying to line out solid criteria over what should and shouldn't be the d1 lynch to the point where it could be indicative of my alignment

although yes it would be stupid to lynch someone d1 because of, for example, what happened with zwerdjib, which is basically the only thing I was ever trying to say. anyway I'm not diving back into semantics, APPARENTLY, I HAVE FOUR MORE PAGES OF MAFIA TO READ SINCE AFTER I WENT TO BED??? how

ok starting page 6. First, no, no-lynch is basically never a good idea. (some people might argue in mylo it's a good idea, which is a gamestate where "if you lynch town, scum wins, if you no-lynch the game continues" but scum are just gonna nk someone beneficial to themselves...) ...the entire rest of the post is lurker semantics and I only just woke up after my first night's sleep in 4 days, I can't dive back into this, i hope someone else answered

I feel like disquieted is barking up a very strange tree here with his Polly questioning, and I mean that in the kind of "i don't see why town would find this a valid point worth pursuing". However he hasn't voted polly or posted in awhile after this so I'll have to see what occurs later

Fabloo never answered BBM about the supposed question I was ignoring that can't be found? :C Considering he's using this as a reason I'm apparently scummy this is Unfortunate?

Quote from: Bardiche
Serela has also been useless and lazy. Why single out Fabloo if "everyone" is empty-unvoting, Serela? If you don't need a good reason to vote people, then why did you not comment on BBM's vote, considering he is literally accusing me of needing a good reason to vote at the time I did? If you really believed "any reason is a good reason", I feel it's weird you ignored that.
Fabloo did it most recently, and it was still early enough in the game (barely not RVS) I didn't care to delve harder than that. Fabloo himself then legitimized the vote for me with his next post which I proceeded to respond to with more criticism. At this point I'd say my vote on Fabloo is about as serious as one can expect an ED1 vote to be, because he's still being... weird? I'm suspicious because I'm 'extra' for voting his empty unvote? Oh noooo serela used caps in a post barely out of rvs. He's also still (at this point of my reread) not voting anyone, saying me and BBM are suspicious for ignoring questions I can't find and he won't point out himself, and are probably just unimportant noise that got half-answered passively?

tom/bard's slapfight makes me groan because it's more lurker semantics which honestly the topic is MASSIVELY over-obsessed with right now, why are we still talking about this so much, why does it matter, can it just be left until we, you know, maybe someone is ACTUALLY suggesting a lurker who truly exists should maybe get lynched. talking about semantics at game start when there's no better topics is cool and all but now it's just semantics slapfights with a bunch of newbies who don't even understand what they're talking about and it's a waste of threadspace

entering page 7:ok we have multiple newbies who still want to no-lynch, and again, no, lynches are very important for town to improve their future scumhunting ability through info and analyzable wagons and etc

Quote from: px
The child known as Tom seems as a lost lamb to Us, thus We will allow their transgressions to pass while he learns to stand on his feet. The confrontation with Bardiche looks as misguided infighting to Us.
basically full agree here
i also have zero interest in the bard wagon, I think it holds no water

OH HEY disquieted is returning to the Polly thing! and... wait... he types a huge thing and I'd probably be voting him (well, no, I like my fabloo vote, but I'd be interested in voting him too at least) if he voted Polly at the end but instead he just... deflates and says 'eh this isn't that big but I guess I should say it, not really a case, don't really want to lynch polly', and while on one hand I guess that's arguably better than voting Polly because I actually agree with his end conclusion like this more than if he did say it was pretty scummy, he also uh

spent all of his game effort up to now to say that, he still has no opinion about anything...??? ...this is basically scummy active lurking at this point??

bard replacing out :'(

ok disquieted posts again immediately after this with a lot more opinions on stuff so this ISN'T scummy active lurking, I still don't like that he seems to have literally no actual vote preferences though which isn't good, and then... oh now he's depressed and leaving aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why is the game already falling apart normally it takes a few more days for everyone to get upset at everyone else

Quote from: BBM
I woke up a bit late and am running out of time to actually make a post after catching up. My problem with the Tom wagon isn't that he's playing well and that there aren't holes in his play to poke at. It just feels really easy and doesn't feel like there's actual scum intent behind Tom's play so much as a new guy flailing around and not knowing what to do.
another perfect match of how i feel about things re:Tom right now

wait is there an actual tom wagon, ok here's a votecount and; ok bard's angry omgus and rai being rai, eh, both neutral then

no Rai, it's not tom playing "well", it's tom being a newbie being new and coming to incorrect conclusions, which is pretty neutral, it would be a pretty lame d1 lynch. I don't actually think he's TOWN off any of these but I don't see any reason to think he's scum either.

OK! I've made it to the end of the thread. The people I have lynch interest in after this:Fabloo, Disquieted. Definitely moreso Fabloo tho'. Yes there's other stuff going on that might be worth mentioning but 5 pages of mafia at once has successfully tired out my brain and I don't have any terribly interesting opinions right now about the other bits anyway, if you have a question about anything in particular you can ask and then I can make a focused response about one individual thing, much easier zzzzzzzzzzzz

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:39 PM »
oh no I forgot to hit the "don't use smileys" button and it turned all my repeated questionmarks into faces :C

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
we're more than halfway through Day 1 and more than a third of the players aren't voting *sobs*

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »
Zwerdjib, Serela, have you considered actually reading some of the posts I make?

Like I make it very clear that I don't want to metaread zwerdjib based on that, and I've also made it very clear what my reads are and that I'm still voting Polaris. It's not like I unvoted.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
Welp. I was half convinced that Nucleus and Bardiche were both scum engaged in some kind of theatrical misdirection, now I have no idea what to think.

##Unvote

That said this looks like a weird pivot. Mind explaining your thoughts Nucleus?

One thing is that I'll scratch my head looking at these posts in quick succession.

I, uh.

They're certainly posts.

Made.

In this thread.

I don't know what else to say. When someone says they don't know what to think and then proceeds to go onto a new thought immediately I kind of have to uh, lose the plot for a bit.

I guess it's scummy. I. Guess.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2020, 02:20:06 PM »
Oh you were ALREADY voting Polaris. Sorry. I was mostly only thinking about new posts. I never really noticed you voting him in the past.

Anyway I'm still more interesting in voting Fabloo and also I LITERALLY feel hungover from processing 5 pages of mafia after waking up

also i don't have any opinion about what you think about zwerdjib just the part where it affects your polly read

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
Of course, that was directed to zwerdjib, and yes, your, uh... lack of opinion about what I think about zwerdjib is fine. Weird phrasing, sorry.

I wish I could talk about Fabloo but I'm kind of squinting at your response and not really getting it and I don't really want to think about Fabloo as mafia today in the same way that I either don't want to really lynch Polaris, it takes too much effort and I don't really feel like Fabloo is a problem. You want some lip-service, I'm not completely content to lock Fabloo in as town, so, uh, go off I guess. :V I am not content to lock anyone in as anything. I have no idea who's getting lynched today and whether I should be OK with it.

I should go.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2020, 02:32:16 PM »
Zwerdjib, Serela, have you considered actually reading some of the posts I make?

Like I make it very clear that I don't want to metaread zwerdjib based on that, and I've also made it very clear what my reads are and that I'm still voting Polaris. It's not like I unvoted.

im disappointed. you show hints of actual aggression but you use none of them to supplement your reads. or you have no idea whats happening, and at this point i should ask you to reread thread and get some insight on others... but if i had to assume, based on how our previous game went, this is very dissimilar to how you played as town. granted, this is early d1, and you didnt start until mid d4 ish (?), but i still think its worth noting that i do, in fact, think youre not town, by a reasonable margin.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »
Anyway I'm still more interesting in voting Fabloo and also I LITERALLY feel hungover from processing 5 pages of mafia after waking up

on... what basis? did i miss the part where you read fabloo as an alignment? because im certain ive read your wall post about 2-3 times by now and its still not clicking with me.

this isnt active denial; i just dont see why youre jumping onto fabloo like this. feels kind of omgusy, but in a bad way. like youre hoping someone will fill in the blanks for you while you try to case fab.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2020, 02:39:43 PM »
Of course, that was directed to zwerdjib, and yes, your, uh... lack of opinion about what I think about zwerdjib is fine. Weird phrasing, sorry.

I wish I could talk about Fabloo but I'm kind of squinting at your response and not really getting it and I don't really want to think about Fabloo as mafia today in the same way that I either don't want to really lynch Polaris, it takes too much effort and I don't really feel like Fabloo is a problem. You want some lip-service, I'm not completely content to lock Fabloo in as town, so, uh, go off I guess. :V I am not content to lock anyone in as anything. I have no idea who's getting lynched today and whether I should be OK with it.

I should go.

missed latter half of this. doesnt entirely change my read, though, just acknowledging this post was made.

"feels like effort" ok so this is the setup for when you want to use the fallback option of "lynch all lurkers"

im certain youre better than this, and you wouldnt underperform in a game you're so experienced with, especially on an off-site game

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
Oh right, I meant to mention this earlier: re Fabloo saying I was 'extra', I think I mentioned before I had just worked 3 night shifts. My mental state yesterday was pretty heavily sleep deprived

Cut by zwerd, I'm on the phone so I can't elaborate well. I think his... I don't know I can't remember what happened and I can't reread during errands, ask me again when I'm home

Also that was supposed to say "interested"

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2020, 02:43:43 PM »
though the fact that we are on the same page wrt serelas post does ping some good bells. i just want to see you demand more, both from yourself and from others.

in a positive way. not like how bards been treated, but for people to actually support their reads! make them! stop lurking nefariously! et cetera.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:57 PM »
Dearest child Serela, can thou clarify thy reasoning for condemning Fabloo for Us?

cut2 We shall wait for your response.

Cut1

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »
Oh right, I meant to mention this earlier: re Fabloo saying I was 'extra', I think I mentioned before I had just worked 3 night shifts. My mental state yesterday was pretty heavily sleep deprived

Cut by zwerd, I'm on the phone so I can't elaborate well. I think his... I don't know I can't remember what happened and I can't reread during errands, ask me again when I'm home

Also that was supposed to say "interested"

ay, if youre going to make a read supported by reasoning, ill wait all day.

gives me excuses to play league anyway

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »
Not much for me to comment on right now; posting to say going to work very soon and I'm back quite late.

More likely I'll be posting again when I wake up than when I return home. Yay late shifts!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »
Meow56 how fast do you type? I personally am quite fast on the keyboard but not exactly too eager because I don't like to make mistakes here. Do you like the Bardiche lynch?
I... don't know what typing speed has to do with anything. But regarding the Bardiche wagon, I'm not exactly sure where it came from? I don't think Tom nor Yaersulf had exceptional reasons for voting him: Tom voted him as OMGUS, and Yaersulf voted him for "being quick to point fingers" which doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering the two posts he had made at the time were "Random Vote" and "Defend Random Vote".

BBM: https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=123.msg4441#msg4441

Gonna assemble a TTS list, be back soonish.

(also, I personally prefer "meow56" even at the start of a sentence. "Meow56" just looks kinda weird to me.)

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »
BBM. This is the second time I've directly responded to you and been ignored. Yes I do pay attention to what others say.

Serela. I just don't believe in your conviction. You're using a predisposed personality to extend your thoughts right now. Your problem with me empty unvoting felt tacked on and when I called you out on this you argued semantics. You're still doing that now. I really don't know if you believe in me being number one scum over empty unvoting because the rest of your wall isn't much.

Fabloo

« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2020, 04:01:31 PM »
Disquieted we should talk as better halves. More specifically about BBM. I see what you're saying about Polaris so I'll offer my thoughts as well in return.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »
i thought i'd be better after a night of sleep but i'm still pretty tired and out of it, i'll remember my fabloo stance and go back to bed

fabloo's scummy-reads (as in i mean less than scumreads but anyway moving on) had to be pulled out of him, and he says we're scummy because we were... being nice to newbies and ignoring fabloo's questions? Apparently we must be 'faking' being nice to new players which I can't really fathom, and even when BBM asks Fabloo what he meant by the latter Fabloo doesn't actually answer, even though it should be simple as pointing out what we didn't answer. The only possibilities seem to be vague rvs unimportantance that already got half-answered anyway (at least in my case).

I guess this doesn't explicitly explain why it's SCUMMY but like, the point here is I think his reasoning doesn't make sense, he isn't trying to work with us (being very unclear about the ignored questions, and not answering when asked what it is), he's self-distancing from his suspicion by not actually voting either of them even though it's not only fine but expected to vote your weak suspicions in ED1- by the way, can I note it's pretty weird that a third of the game is not voting still? That's not like, a usual thing that happens in day 1.

he hasn't posted in several pages so I don't think I can say much more about it than this
oh I just got cut by fabloo
"number one scum"??? i'm not implying i have a slam dunk case here, we're a day out of rvs, but I'm voting what I have, unlike you. Empty unvoting is not good, but then your response was defending empty unvoting even though you apparently had suspicions that you were refusing to elaborate on. That's a pretty decent out-of-rvs vote for me imo. Now you've elaborated, and I think it's bad, so I'm still voting you. What does "using a predisposed personality to extend thoughts" even MEAN, I literally do not know how to parse this sentence

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2020, 04:10:32 PM »
i like using lots of question marks how can I turn off smilies forever

Fabloo

« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2020, 04:18:31 PM »
I think what you're seeing and what I'm seeing is not matching up. This is a problem. I could hold you accountable for this but poking you with certain words seems to be giving a negative effect. I wasn't sure if you were just always like this and that may just be the case. I'm not making strong statements either you know. I only know so much. I only know what's in front of me. Is it wrong of me to make assumptions and see what others think? That's been my agenda so far but it doesn't work if nobody picks up on it.

From what I see you're convinced that my words about people being overly courteous to newbies was a direct shot at you and BBM. At this point I don't know what you're thinking. Can you summarize your problems with me like I have tried to do so with mine?

Fabloo

« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
It's just strange to me that because I said I disliked you/BBM that your instant response is that everything that lead up to that very moment was just subtext to accuse you/BBM. This isn't true at all. They were just comments I threw out to see what others would think. It turns out not so much. I actually disliked you for more individual reasons yet you seem to be associating yourself with BBM for some reason.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »
i think i'm pretty comfortable with voting tom, atm. his arguments on their own aren't particularly scummy, but i also feel that he isn't really approaching this game with a scumhunting mindset, which i find odd considering that he's been doing his homework. as far as newbies go, yaersulf's approach feels more genuine to me, for juxtaposition's sake

but yeah, ##vote: tom