Author Topic: An Out of Context Incident  (Read 88286 times)

Re: An Out of Context Incident
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2022, 05:57:58 PM »
>You do.

>"Eh, but the great fairies said names should be earned," The empty handed one says.

>"What about our names that aren't our names?" The broom thief questions.

>The other sticks her nose in the air, "We ain't no Mays."

Marisa looks from the adult fairies to you expectantly.

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #211 on: September 06, 2022, 06:35:33 PM »
>Internally give in and whisper to Marisa. "Do you by any chance know these fairies?"

>To the fairies, "Names that aren't your names, you say? What might they be, if that's alright with you? Also, would you happen to know of a 'May' that looks similar to this magician?"

« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2022, 09:44:13 PM »
Marisa whispers, "I never saw fairies like these."

"Alaw," Says the one with the broom.

"Gwen," replies the other.

The fairies' countenance sour at the witch fairy's description.

"We know her unluckily," Gwen folds her arms, "But we're not thieves like her!"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2022, 10:00:46 PM »
They most likely are Gwragedd Annwn.

"Alaw," Says the one with the broom.

"Gwen," replies the other.

//Ah, I see what you did there. That was clever.

>Smirk. "Well, if you're not thieves, then you should have no problem returning that broom to us."

>...Are we still holding Marisa?

« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2022, 10:24:52 PM »
>You are holding Marisa.

>"Sure," Alaw chucks the broom at Marisa.

>Marisa snaps her fingers.  The broom responds and flies towards Marisa's open hand.

>Gwen grins then throws a glamour at Marisa.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:57:43 PM by Philosopher »

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2022, 10:39:28 PM »
>"Thank you. Now, I have to ask, do you two come from Gensokyo? Because your clothing would suggest otherwise."

>Don't let go of Marisa. She might run off. Also, again, it's fun to tease her.
>>In what way are we currently holding Marisa?

« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2022, 11:07:26 PM »
>You are holding onto the back of Marisa's vest
->The glamour hits Marisa before her body jerks down.
-->Marisa shakes her head, "Weird," Her broom slips from her hand.

>"Yep, we're older than the mansion fairies," Gwen nods.

"The nice lady gave us these," Alaw twirls.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2022, 11:20:12 PM »
//What is the glamour supposed to be, by the way? Is it supposed to be the glamour spell?

>Catch the broom. It appears our hands are full.

>"'Nice lady'? Who would that be?"

« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2022, 11:43:50 PM »
//Yes, sorry if that wasn't obvious.

>You catch the broom with one hand before it goes back to lifting the heavy witch.
->"Hey, you can let go," Marisa says.
-->The ground is over fifty feet down.

>The fairies shrug, "She had a mirror that let's you become your reflection. If you ask, she might let you use it too."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2022, 12:51:30 AM »
>Say grimfully, "I'd choose your words more carefully next time, Ms. Kirisame. Unless you think you can survive that drop?"

>Think to ourselves, Stay calm. Stay calm. Act natural and stay calm. "O-oh, and where might this lady be?"

>"Also, was it my imagination, or did you just use glamour on this human?"

« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2022, 01:10:51 AM »
>Marisa raises an eyebrow, "Look we're just an inch above the ground," Her arm waves at the sixty foot drop.

Alaw frowns, "I don't know.  We met her on our way from youkai mountain. . . Oh, near the village.  She was coming out of the forest of magic."

"Yeah, I learned it when I touched my reflection!"  Gwen grins. "It is perfect for pranks."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2022, 01:37:25 AM »
>To Marisa, where the other two can't hear: "sigh Look, apparently they've met someone with a magic mirror. Not only that, but when they touched their reflection, they gained the same power of glamour I have. Therefore, it is certain that this is the same mirror that brought me here. They said they met her coming out of the Forest of Magic. Oh, and lastly, they most likely affected you with glamour to make a sixty foot drop look like a couple inches. For example..."
>>Drop Marisa for several inches before catching her with her broom, then handing it back.

« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2022, 07:33:45 AM »
>Marisa gets on her broom before tentatively poking the air.  She whispers back, "Pretty nasty trick with the glamour.  In your case the 'reflection' became the person.  Did you wake up with fairy abilities?"

>"We're going to prank the flower master!" Gwen exclaims.

>"Yeah, she won't see it coming," Alaw does a fist pump in the air.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2022, 02:08:16 PM »
Did you wake up with fairy abilities?"

>Did we wake up with any "fairy abilities", other than what we already had?

>To Gwen and Alaw: "Well, you two have fun with that. It's about time for us to leave, but before we do, could you describe what the lady with the mirror looked like?"

« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2022, 05:06:35 PM »
>Thinking about "fairy abilities" you know how to fly with your wings, you can regenerate, make a home anywhere, and cause sunflowers to rapidly mature.

Gwen stands on her tip toes as she reaches out, "She was yeah tall with black hair."

Alaw measures next to her a size a little taller than Marisa, "That was our old bodies, and she had brown hair

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2022, 05:47:58 PM »
>To Marisa: "Well... yes, although I already was a different type of fairy before I came here. While there are a few new abilities, the only notable attribute are these wings."

>Again to Marisa: "Would you know anyone that would be slightly taller than you, brown hair, and would have had business in the Forest of Magic?"

>To the fairies: "Alright, but what I was looking for was how they were dressed. What were they wearing?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 07:48:26 PM by OkuuFallout »

« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2022, 07:10:19 PM »
//I just want to clarify that the abilities listed in the last post are new to you

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2022, 07:50:20 PM »
>To Marisa: "Well... yes, although I already was a different type of fairy before I came here. While there are a few new abilities, the only notable attribute are these wings."

//That's what I thought, but I modified the post to be a little more clear. I figured flight would outshine most other things, so that's why I only mentioned the wings.

« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2022, 08:17:10 PM »
//I just wanted to make sure

>"Tch, that makes things a lot worse," Marisa clicks her tongue. 
>Again to Marisa: "Would you know anyone that would be slightly taller than you, brown hair, and would have had business in the Forest of Magic?"
"Sounds like that newcomer."

Alaw rubs her chin, "She had a cape that covered her head.  Ooh, she was wearing a white robe! Does that help?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2022, 08:28:16 PM »
>To the fairies, "Thank you. This will help greatly. Now, I believe we should be leaving, so goodbye. It was nice meeting you.

>"Newcomer, huh? Perhaps tell me about it on the way to the shrine, unless you prefer checking out this mysterious woman at the Forest of Magic."
>>Let Marisa decide where we should go first.

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2022, 02:51:12 AM »
>"Good pranking!" The duo wave to you as their forms turn translucent then vanish.

>Marisa thinks for a moment, "Probably best if we warn Reimu not to touch any weird mirrors."

>Marisa heads towards the shrine.
->"Her name's Kagerou.  She came in on the train not too long ago,"  Marisa strokes her chin. "Mostly keeps to herself."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2022, 03:48:42 PM »
>"Fair enough. This mirror could turn out to be quite an issue."

>"An introvert, huh? I can relate. Despite being a maid, I enjoy my alone time."

« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »
>"Oh? That's another to the list of beings that I know like alone time."

>You approach a small shrine with a young woman in a custom miko kimono.  She is currently sipping from cup.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
>"Marisa, what would happen if a random fairy such as myself approached the shrine maiden? If it would result in hostility, could you talk to her for me?"

« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2022, 05:41:58 AM »
>Marisa scratches her head as she thinks, "Mmm, depends on her mood.  She tends to be more indifferent."
->The witch adds as an afterthought, "Just don't get caught pranking her."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2022, 03:48:19 PM »
>Examine the miko.

>Approach the shrine maiden.
>>"Um... hello. Might you be Ms. Hakurei?"

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2022, 04:18:25 PM »
>Reimu gives you an annoyed look, "What do you want?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2022, 04:45:27 PM »
>"I want to know if I am speaking to Ms. Reimu Hakurei. Though I suppose your attire would suggest that you are indeed her."
>>"I am Elilia". Offer a bow. "A pleasure to meet you."

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2022, 08:49:55 PM »
>Reimu clicks her tongue, "I am."
->The shrine maiden's eyes widen at your bow, "What?"

>"I know, but she isn't a fairy." Marisa says.
->Reimu cocks an eyebrow.
-->"We came to warn you. . ."

>The shrine maiden turns to you. "Explain."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2022, 02:23:33 PM »
>"As I said, my name is Elilia. I am a fae of the sidhe race. If you don't know already, fairies are a type of fae, so we are somewhat similar."
->"You will need to know that I am not from Gensokyo; Rather, I come from what you know as the outside world. I am not even from Japan, instead being near the area where the residents from the Scarlet Devil Mansion come from. Which leads me to why I am here."

>"Miss Patchouli Knowledge from the SDM suggested that Marisa and I come to visit you regarding my problem. You see, I arrived here under unusual circumstances. As I was escaping from a hostile group of humans, I came across a mirror and ran through it. That's how I ended up here in Gensokyo."
->"The reason we came to you was to ask if you know anything about this mirror. As we were making our way here, we came across a couple of fairies. It seems that they met an individual with a mirror that granted them new bodies and a certain ability that I have, called glamour."
-->"They said that they last saw her leaving the Forest of Magic. Based on their description of her, Marisa said that it is probably someone named Kagerou."

>"Now that I have explained all this, we also came to warn you not to touch this mirror. There is no telling what might happen to you if you do."

>"If you have any questions, feel free to ask." Smile warmly at her.