Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 03:11:54 AM

Title: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 03:11:54 AM
>You are one of the fair folk and a former member of the Seelie Court.  Once you served one of the lower nobility, but death released you from your obligations.  Coming back from the dead was a surprise.
>Your most recent memory is escaping from a human supremacist group.  Something happened causing the group's members to flee or charge then that weird human opened your cage.  Fleeing with your wrists bound with rope inlaid with iron, one of human then you ran into that mirror. . .

>You've found yourself in a thick old forest.  The trees are different from any trees you've ever encountered and the air is strangely humid.  Judging from the sun it is early in the morning or you have a few hours before dark.
>A quick glance doesn't reveal any clues.  Maybe investigating closer might reveal something.
>Ahead you can hear singing.
>Behind you the forest seems darker.

//I thought I might give GMing a try
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 03:26:12 AM
//might as well see where this goes.

>What is our name?
>What is our quest?
>What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
>Are we a boy or a girl?
>Inventory
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Neovereign on May 15, 2021, 03:26:52 AM
//I thought I might give GMing a try
//ooh. Hope you enjoy it.

> Are our hands still bound?
> Do we have any special capabilities that we know of? Or at least, talents and proficiencies?
> Have we seen this forest before?
> How is our memory? Are things prior to death still stable in our head?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 03:59:40 AM
>Your name is Eillia
>You are a girl, obviously. 
->Anyone should be able to tell by your bountiful. . .
--->Where is your bosom?!

>Your hands aren't bound.  Though they do look a little swollen.
>You don't have any abilities special by your own kind's standards

>You have never seen this forest before.  The trees are similar, but distinct to the oaks you are familiar with.
>Your memories before and after your death are all there.  During your death, your memories are hazy and seem more repressed than forgotten.

---Abilities
----Glamour: You can alter any of the senses of an individual even yourself.  It can also effect an object's appearance.  Especially good for altering the taste of your food.  You were required to use this to make yourself presentable for your lord.
----Invisibility
----Luck Manipulation
----Flight: As long as you can speak you can utter the spell for flight
----Various spells that a maid might use.  Examples include warming tea, making yourself seem more dignified, and making dust vanish.

---Proficiencies
----Maid duties
----Sewing and knitting
----Fae court manners
----Dancing
----Singing
----Recognizing working human relics and selling them
----Many musical instruments excluding guitar, xylophone, and drums

---Inventory
----A simple sundress without pockets
----Wings?!

---Quests
---- Get your breasts back
---- Find out why you have wings
---- Find out where you are

>Whatever Titania says the swallow should fly
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Neovereign on May 15, 2021, 05:45:33 AM
> Maybe we became an angel post mortem.
> Check for Halo.
> Who, if anyone, saw us die?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 05:50:23 AM
>...How big was our bosom supposed to be!?
>Do we not have wings normally? What species of fae are we, for that matter? An actual fairy, or one of the other types of Fair Folk lumped under the term (Elves, pixies, leprechauns, the youkai equivalents, etc.)?
>Our lord? Who is he?
>What land do we hail from?
>Wait... We died? How and why?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 06:22:27 AM
>Checking your head you find no halo.

>You remember the warrior of the human king, that your lord had sent his servants to vex, seeing you die.  You can't be sure if any of the other servants saw your death.

>Your bosom was bigger than a handful.  A C to D size if you remember the human measurements from after your revival.
>You normally don't have wings
>You are a Sidhe.  Normally you look human though a bit ugly and short.

>You served Lord Bree, a minor Lord in England.
>Originally you lived in Ireland, but moved to England to find work.

>You died when that warrior of the local human lord stabbed you with an iron sword.  Even after all this time you can feel the fairy magic that clung to him.
>You're not a hundred percent sure on the why.
-> It may have to do with Lord Bree having the servants and you glamour the human lord so that saw food that wasn't there and real food looked and tasted of garbage.
->It may have been because you took food from human homes.
->Perhaps, it was because the humans that chanced upon your lord's parties danced themselves to death.

>The human lord's offense against lord Bree eludes you.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 08:28:50 AM
>Are we one of those fae varieties that have a crippling weakness to iron?
>What was Lord Bree like? Is he a Sidhe like us?
>How odd does the sensation of wings feel? Could we get used to this?
>Why were we messing with the human lord's food? Was it simple mischief or did the humans do something to deserve such action in retribution?
>>What is our opinion of humanity?

>What does the singing sound like? Are the lyrics in a recognizable language?
>On that note, what languages do we understand aside from English and possibly Gaelic and/or Irish? What is our level of comprehension (Read only? Fluent speaking? Basic phrases and vocab?)?
>Do we hear any running water or see any ponds or puddles in the vicinity?
>>If so approach and observe our reflection if we are able.

//EDIT:
>What year is it anyway?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 09:34:11 PM
>Iron is poisonous and deadly to you and makes it impossible to use your magic if your touching it.

>Lord Bree paid well in gold coins and tended to attend events in Avalon.  He was always careful to maintain his reputation and was pleasant to be around as long as you obey the rules of etiquette.
>Thinking on the subject you think that Lord Bree had taken offense at the human lord traveling through Lord Bree’s territory without a gift or permission.
>Lord Bree was a Fey like Morgan Le Fey.

>Now that you realize that they are there you can feel the air against them when they flap involuntarily, but you can’t feel the weight of them.
→Surprisingly, they feel familiar.  It won’t be difficult to get use to your wings.

>Your voice is naturally high pitched.
->Only the most talented of humans can compare to your singing and with glamour your able to almost hypnotize humans like a siren.
–>You know several songs in old Fey, English, French, and Irish.

>You can read and write in Irish.
>English and French you understand well, but you cannot write in these.
>You know some phrases of Chinese
>Finally you know a few words of Dutch, Finnish, and old Fey.


>Humanity is weird. 
>You have no compulsion against stealing from them, but they would need to slight you for you really want hurt them.  If a human helped you, you would happily reward them. 
>What you find weird about them is that they came from before the world like Titania and Mab and humans are also called the children of the gods.  There are rumors that in sufficient numbers they can alter reality like the gods and in the East they give life to their tools.

>You faintly hear the sound of splashing.
>Sweat drips down your face as you come to a small pond fed by a brook.

>Fairies are swimming and splashing each other.

>You approach the pond and look down.
>Despite the ripples you can see your reflection clearly.
->Looking back at you is a child with insect wings.
–>Your reflection looks just like the fairies that are playing.

>Picking up your hair you notice it isn’t the natural red you were use to instead it was a bright (Please pick a hair color)

> “Oy, weren’t you going to play tag with Cirno and the others?”  A fairy with violet hair calls out to you.
(https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/018/635/630/large/madi-sen-sunflower-fairy-final-watermark.jpg?1560151281)

>2261 A.D. or 206 G.R.*

*Great Revival, an event where many of the dead from history were brought back, both named and unnamed.

Inventory
Simple sundress without pockets

wings?!

Quests
Get your breasts back

Find out why you have wings

Find out where you are

Abilities
Glamour: You can alter any of the senses of an individual even yourself.  It can also effect an object's appearance.  Especially good for altering the taste of your food.  You were required to use this to make yourself presentable for your lord.

Invisibility

Luck Manipulation

Flight: As long as you can speak you can utter the spell for flight

Various spells that a maid might use.  Examples include warming tea, making yourself seem more dignified, and making dust vanish.

Proficiency
Maid duties

Sewing and knitting

Fae court manners

Dancing

Singing

Recognizing working human relics and selling them

Many musical instruments excluding guitar, xylophone, and drums
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 10:21:05 PM
>Your voice is naturally high pitched.
->Only the most talented of humans can compare to your singing and with glamour your able to almost hypnotize humans like a siren.
–>You know several songs in old Fey, English, French, and Irish.
//Was asking about this, not our own singing.
>Ahead you can hear singing.
//The info about our own signing is still good to know I suppose.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2021, 10:42:17 PM
>The voice sounds like a young girl's.
->You would say a teenager.

>It sounds similar to Chinese, but you shouldn't be able understand it as clearly as you do.

>"Bird of the night. . . Eat human. . ." Are some of lyrics you could hear.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 11:04:15 PM
//So what hair color should we pick?

>Is the purple haired fairy also speaking in this oriental language we can somehow understand?
>Do we have an irish accent?
>"...Who?"
>Wait, it's the year 2261 and we were killed with a sword? Don't humans have way less archaic tools at their disposal, or did the one that killed us just have an appreciation for classics?
>Actually, considering the fact that we're supposed to be dead, wonder if the afterlife is supposed to be this odd.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 15, 2021, 11:08:15 PM
//edited.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 03:13:44 AM
//So what hair color should we pick?

>Is the purple haired fairy also speaking in this oriental language we can somehow understand?
>Do we have an irish accent?
>"...Who?"
>Wait, it's the year 2261 and we were killed with a sword? Don't humans have way less archaic tools at their disposal, or did the one that killed us just have an appreciation for classics?
>Actually, considering the fact that we're supposed to be dead, wonder if the afterlife is supposed to be this odd.
>She is.

>You actually have an English accent in normal circumstances though when your tired or stressed it changes into an Irish one.

>The purple haired fairy rolls her eyes, "You know.  She always turns tag into freeze tag."
>Noticing the lack of recognition on your face she jerks a thumb at a fairy relaxing in the shade while dangling her legs in the water.
>"She's an icy fairy like Chilly.  Looks like Cirno's reflection."

(https://s1.zerochan.net/Cirno.600.115169.jpg)

>The 'ice' fairy's eyes snap open, "Don't name me!"

>It was 1608 when he killed you.
>When you came back in 2055, humanity had things such as heat seaking bullets and iron golems.

>Pondering on the afterlife you don't think it should be this weird.
>It really depends on which afterlife you go to and if you peaked a god's interest
>You haven't heard of changing into a fairy before.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 08:09:42 AM
>So we've presumably died twice?

>"...I see. Pardon me, but would you be able to tell me where I am? I'm a bit lost."
>Are we speaking in english?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 08:43:02 AM
>You might have died a second time
->You don't remember anything between running into the mirror and waking up here

>Several of the fairies seem surprised at your question.

>"Eh, you're kidding, right.  We're in Gensokyo,"  The purple haired fairy responds.
>"Why are you speaking funny?"  A black haired fairy asks.

>No, your speaking in some Chinese mixed in with that language you shouldn't be able to understand.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 08:51:07 AM
>Have we ever heard of this "Gensokyo" before?
>So wait, we're somehow speaking fluently in a language we've never heard before?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 08:57:36 AM
>You've never heard of Gensokyo before.

>Yes
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 09:06:13 AM
>That is... odd.
>Do we know anything about the mirror we ran into?

>"Gensokyo? I've never heard of such a place before... Would you happen to know what part of the world it's in?"
>Give the black haired fairy a puzzled look, "Also why do you believe I'm speaking funny?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 09:12:21 AM
>You don't know anything about the mirror except that it was in the hands of a human supremacist group.

>"Its uhh." The purple haired fairy glances around for some clue.
>"Japan," The 'ice' fairy meets the purple haired fairy's eyes.  "The great fairies said we're in Japan."

>The black haired fairy cocks her head. "Because you don't normally speak like that and you're mispro pronun - saying words weird."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 09:31:25 AM
>Do we have any people back home specialized in dealing with dangerous magical artifacts?
>If so we should probably alert them about that mirror if we ever found our way back to <insert country we're supposed to be in>

>What do we know about Japan aside from the fact that it's an island nation in east Asia? Or do we somehow not even know that much?
>"I see... What do you mean I don't normally speak like this? I don't believe I've met you before."
>Wonder if that mirror had forced us to possess a fairy's body somehow.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 09:54:39 AM
>There are plenty of people in the fae courts that can deal with dangerous magical artifacts
->You don't know of anyone personally though

>You know that the Japanese people are famous for giving life to inanimate objects
->Being an island nation they likely suffered from tsunamis because of the world serpent's return
->The land is run by different gods with overlapping territory
->Finally there is an unlikely chance your magic may do nothing or may do unexpected things

>The black haired fairy seems a little flustered at your response.
>"You're not this polite.  You speak shorter.  And and, I don't like this prank."

>"Fairies aren't supposed to prank fairies.  Its the unspoken rule," The purple fairy nods to herself.

>Thinking about if the mirror forced you to possess a fairy you cannot think of a reason why it would be impossible.
->It would explain your body and why the fairies are acting like they know you.
->That also could be why you are no longer in that group's facility
->If the fairy's soul was still here you could know the language the other's are speaking from soul's knowledge.

Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 10:12:38 AM
>Did we run into the mirror voluntarily while we were fleeing or were we forced through it?
>If this is indeed possession, would we know enough about it to contact the original soul, assuming we didn't replace or merge with it?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 10:18:04 AM
>You ran through the mirror voluntarily.

>You don't know of any spells, but it seems like the less you concentrate and relax the easier it is to access the spirit's knowledge if it is there.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 10:23:34 AM
>Was it our only option of escape at the time?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 10:27:09 AM
>You didn't expect the mirror to do anything at the time
>Thinking back, you expected to break through the mirror and continue through corridor.

>It seemed more likely to be used for scrying and hadn't been put away.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 10:37:18 AM
>Breaking through the mirror? Wouldn't that had cursed us with misfortune for 7 years, or is that actually a superstition even to the supernatural side of the world?

>Adopt a concerned look and glance at the black haired one.
>"...This isn't a prank, nor is it intended to be one..."
>"In fact, I think I may have an idea of what's happening now..."

>Do we feel any presence -- no matter how faint -- of another soul or consciousness within us at all?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 10:52:46 AM
>It is a superstition.
->Unless you do it in the territory of a god who curses people for that

>Most of the fairies look at you with skepticism.
>The purple haired fairy crosses her arms, "If it isn't a bone headed prank then what is it?"

>You don't feel any presence at the moment.
->You're not sure how you would go about actively feeling for a presence.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 10:25:57 PM
>"I recently came in contact with a magical artifact. At first I thought it turned me into a fairy and sent me to this place, but no, I think it may have tossed me into someone else's body instead... Long story short, I think I might be accidentally possessing your friend."
>Cautiously observe their reactions for any hostilities, we are outnumbered here after all,  so we should be prepared in case they take the news poorly.

>Add a mental [I'm very sorry. I never meant for this to happen.],  just in case the true owner is in here somewhere, listening but unable to act.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2021, 11:23:16 PM
>Most of the fairies stare at you seeming to try and comprehend what you said.

>"Then. . .then couldn't you stop possessing her?" The black haired fairy asks.

>The 'ice' fairy speaks. "We could ask the shrine maiden to help."
>The purple haired fairy turns to the ice fairy. "We would have to give her something."
>"We could donate a baby, again." The 'ice' fairy says with a shrug.

>You hear the snapping of branches and twigs as something comes running in your direction from behind.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 16, 2021, 11:31:29 PM
>Baby donation? Is it still customary for certain fae species to deal in that sort of thing?
>"I don't know, I never wanted this to happen and--eh?"
>Turn to the source of the noise.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 17, 2021, 12:13:07 AM
>It is still practiced, but you've never heard of fae donating children to humans.
->At best humans are made fertile or their own child is returned.

>Behind you is a yellow haired fairy with a frilled witch's hat.
>Clutching a basket of mushrooms she skids to a stop in front of you while gasping for breath.
>"You. You still have. that mirror?" The fairy gasps out.

>The new fairy tries to shove the basket of mushrooms into your hands.

>"We could cast Master Spark with it."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 17, 2021, 12:39:09 AM
>"Mirror....?"
>Quickly turn to the others in realization.
>"...Wait, was the owner of this body interacting with any kind of magic mirror recently? The artifact that sent me here also happened to be a mirror, so there might be a connection!"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 17, 2021, 01:00:54 AM
>The purple fairy shakes her head, "No, she was playing with Cirno."
>"Nu'uh.  She was sleeping next to it back there," The yellow fairy jerks back in the direction both you and her came from.  "If your new, I'm Mayrisa."

>You notice several of the fairies slowly getting out of the water.

>Mayrisa also seems to be listening intently, but not to the conversation.
>The 'ice' fairy is scowling at Mayrisa.

//I just want to say that Mayrisa is a character I saw on Walfas
//Any advice is welcome
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 17, 2021, 02:15:53 AM
//Ah yes, that bootleg marisa fairy OC. I see you've been into CastleToast's stuff. Personally not a huge fan of it myself but eh.

>"Eillia. It is nice to meet you, Mayrisa, though I wish it were under less awkward circumstances. Would you mind showing me where you saw the mirror this body was sleeping next to? Come to think of it, do any of you happen to know the name of the person I'm currently inhabiting?"

//After the next parse I'll probably wait to see if another player posts before continuing.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 17, 2021, 03:01:54 AM
>"Ah," Mayrisa scratches the back of her head.  "I would, but you see I. . ."

>"Get Back here!"  You hear someone shout from where Mayrisa came from.

>"Huh? She doesn't have a name.  None of us do," The purple haired fairy says.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 20, 2021, 02:33:08 AM
>An older girl dressed like Marisa only missing  the witch hat she grabs the fairy by scruff of her shirt.

>The new girl pulls the witch hat off Mayrisa then sighs at a yellow stain.  "What'd you get on it?"

"Ahhaa," Mayrisa turns from the human to you. "Eillia. . .help?"

//I think I was rushing things.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2021, 02:59:32 AM
//Well I was trying to give any other players a chance but if you're going to move things along anyway...

>Are nameless fairies the norm as far as we know about their species?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 20, 2021, 03:24:05 AM
>It is very unusual for fairies to not have a name.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2021, 04:08:11 AM
>Does the new girl appear to be a species of fae as well, or are they human?
>How similar does she appear to Mayrisa aside from outfit choice?

//EDIT: Removed the second part of this to use in my next post instead because I don't want to advance time just yet without knowing the answers to the above.

Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 20, 2021, 04:27:26 AM
>You are very certain they are human
>The differences that you notice are different eye colours and the new girl doesn't have wings.
>You did see Mayrisa had a huge patch of blue hair on the crown and scalp of her head in the middle of her yellow hair.
->You aren't sure if the new girl has a blue patch too.

//The new girl

(https://static.zerochan.net/Kirisame.Marisa.full.2118077.jpg)
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2021, 04:35:26 AM
>Tilt our head.
>"You don't have names? That's interesting, nameless fairies are actually quite unusual where I come from, perhaps once I find a way to separate myself from this person I'll ask to learn a bit more about the local fae's culture..."
>"Still, it doesn't feel right to refer to the owner of this body as merely the owner... If I manage to contact her soul, perhaps I'll ask if she would like a name..."

>Look at the other two.
>Are half breeds between humans and fairies possible?
>"...Er, if I may, may I ask what exactly is going on here?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2021, 04:36:51 AM
//edited
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 20, 2021, 05:04:33 AM
The ice fairy winces at your words.
 "Please, tell her to remember what the great fairies said about names."

>Are half breeds between humans and fairies possible?
>Yes.
->The nobility was known to use humans to keep their lineage strong.

>The human looks at you. "This fairy stole my hat and several of my mushrooms."
>Mayrisa nods. "Its true, but Marisa is sooo cool and strong!"

>"So, why'd ya possess a fairy?" asks Marisa.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2021, 08:05:57 AM
>"It was completely unintentional on my part. I had a rather unfortunate encounter with a magic mirror, you see."
>Ponder whether the two of them could possibly be related.
>Or at least of the same coven given their attire.
>>Actually, are human witch covens and/or mage guilds known to contain an occasional member of the fair folk, or is such intermingling of magic practitioners unheard of? Or are covens/guilds not a thing -- at least among magic-capable humans -- anymore in our day and age?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2021, 03:05:39 AM
>Marisa visibly stands straighter at the mention of the word magic. "I was looking for rare mushrooms, but if you're in trouble I might as well lend ya a hand."

>It is possible that the human and the fairy are related.
-->As for them being in the same coven, you aren't sure.
--->You aren't familiar with fae interacting with human family members.

>Witches and the fae don't normally co-mingle in covens or guilds.
->Usually a witch may make a contract with a fae such as a sylph or gnome.
-->A fairy godmother or a fairy particularly interested in a human might setup a coven with a human.

>Covens are quite common.  Witches utilized technology to contact each other through the world wide web.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 21, 2021, 06:12:59 AM
>What's the fair folk's stance on debt and human acts of kindness towards fae, if any? Is there a sort of honor code in place that we're urged to follow in such situations? Is it dependent on the species of fae? Do our personal opinions on the matter differ from the normal doctrine?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2021, 06:52:57 AM
>Concerning debt,  a fae can owe a debt to another fae, but never owes a debt to a human.

>Humans can owe debts to fae.

>Saying that, you would be looked down upon for not repaying the kindness and it would make employment harder.

>Most Fae follow this reasoning though there are exceptions such as Dullahans and beasts such as kelpies.

>Your opinion doesn't vary significantly from doctrine.

//Not sure of I explained it clearly, but Marisa could save your life and you wouldn't owe her.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 21, 2021, 07:09:04 AM
>"Oh, is that so? Well in that case, you are more than welcome to help, miss..."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2021, 07:39:56 AM
"Marisa Kirisame.  An ordinary magician."

"So, where'd ya last see the mirror?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 21, 2021, 08:25:58 AM
>We still resided in England after our inexplicable resurrection, correct?
>>On that matter, do we know what caused the Great Revival, or was it an unexplained phenomenon that people from both the magic and mundane worlds have yet to figure out?

>Where were we before the mirror encounter? Were we in England/Our country of residence or did the group that held us captive take us to some other country?
>Do we know what that group was planning to do with us?
>What were we doing that got us captured anyway? Were we simply unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or were we on a mission that went wrong? Neither?
>Does the human group have a name or did we simply not care enough about them to know it?

//I was going to answer Marisa in this post but I realize I never really asked where we were prior to entering the mirror. Assuming it's somewhere in Europe, but I could be wrong. Also that train of thought made me realize other information about our backstory we haven't asked about yet hence the long string of questions lol.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2021, 10:02:27 AM
>No, you were resurrected in what you now believe was Northern Italy.

>No one is sure what caused the Great Revival.
-> The only clue is all the deceased, yourself included, heard someone or something shout, "The gates have been torn asunder".

>You don't know where you where.
->The group had moved you around several times.

>You've heard rumors about them eating entities such as yourself to gain eternal life.
->There is also a rumor that their soldiers attach the flesh of mystical entities to use those entities' powers.
-->You don't truly know though.

>You were looking for the Cup of Jamshid to offer as a present when you returned back to England.
->A home in Iran is where they captured you.

>Several guards and prisoners called the organization the Human Reclamation.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 21, 2021, 10:25:49 AM
>A cup of whatnow?
>Who were we intending to give it to? Were we going to seek out Lord Bree if he was among the revived and present it to him, or was it for somebody else? A friend, perhaps? ...Family?

>"It's nice to meet you, Miss Kirisame. My name is Eillia."

>"As for your question, I unfortunately have no idea where the exact mirror I encountered is, it could be anywhere on the planet for all I know. However, that being said, Mayrisa here mentioned that the owner of this body was with a mirror earlier today, so I'm hoping that it might be connected to the other mirror. I was actually about to ask her if she would be willing to show me where she last saw the mirror before you showed up."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 22, 2021, 01:50:40 AM
>The Cup of Jamshid is an artifact that holds an elixir of immortality and allows the holder to scry.
>You planned to give it to Lord Bree as a gift.

>"Oh, of course," Mayrisa nods before sprinting back into the forest.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 22, 2021, 05:32:23 AM
>Follow!
>Did we ever find the cup or were we captured before we could?
>Do we have any family?
>Are we valuable enough that Lord Bree would seek us out if we went missing, or are we considered expendable? Does he not know of our own revival yet?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 22, 2021, 06:28:49 AM
>You never did find the cup.

>You have a mother, father, two brothers and three sisters, all born fae.
->Your parents work as free tenant farmers.

>Lord Bree wouldn't have considered you valuable.
->Having not gone back to England, Lord Bree may have guessed, but could not be completely certain.

>Mayrisa stops and points at an oval shaped patch of grass that has been flattened. "Here!"

>Marisa glances around, "We're near the edge of the forest.  Was there anyone else here when you woke up?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 22, 2021, 09:11:45 AM
>Is the patch about the size of the mirror we entered or is it smaller like a handheld mirror?

>Is this the same area where we first found ourselves in this body?
>>If yes, then: "I didn't notice anybody in the immediate area when I found myself in this body, though I do recall hearing somebody singing in the distance. It was a girl by the sound of it. Lyric wise, I wasn't able to make out much other than something about a Bird of the Night and eating humans... Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that's enough information to go off of."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 22, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
>It looks like a perfect match for the large full body mirror.

>This is were you woke up.

>Marisa nods. "It is and we can ask Mystia about the mirror when we see her."
>Marisa gets on her hands and knees and begins slowly searching around the patch of grass.
>"You should look too.  There might be a clue to who took your mirror."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 22, 2021, 09:59:12 AM
>Nod and do so.
>Do we recognize anything, or see anything noticeable?
>Can we detect traces of magic?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2021, 05:38:34 AM
>Shifting through the grass you find a shoe print

>Marisa shows you a more shallow footprint that is a match to the print you found.

>You can detect magic.
->The only magic you can feel is the background magic.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 23, 2021, 10:50:47 PM
>Do we see or sense anything else noteworthy?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 24, 2021, 12:00:28 AM
>Some silver hairs were found next to the patch of flatten grass.

>Sensing for any magic you discover by accident that the weakness to iron curse is still on you albeit it is weaker.
->Fairies shouldn't have the curse.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 24, 2021, 01:41:21 AM
>Our own hair (in this body) isn't silver, right?
>>If it isn't silver: "I found some hair."
>>>Hold up the strands.

//I know we as players haven't decided yet. (Mostly because I seem to be the only player active and didn't want to make such a decision without input from the others if they decide to come back.) But thought I should ask just in case it's possible.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 24, 2021, 02:31:17 AM
>The hair is too short to be from you.

>Marisa gets up and dusts her apron then looks at the hair.

>"Hmmm, I've got a good idea as to who picked up your mirror."
>She glances at an area of the forest that seems lighter. "A shop keep, he won't mind if you borrow it."
->"If we go that way we'll run right smack into his shop."

>You see Mayrisa walking with a jump in her step in the opposite direction of the shop.

//Don't worry.  Are you enjoying the game so far?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 26, 2021, 11:14:45 AM
//Sry for the delay. Yeah I find the game interesting so far. Though it's a shame how I'm the only one who seems to be playing at this point.

>"Ah, are you leaving us, Miss Mayrisa?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 27, 2021, 04:58:51 AM
>"Ah, yeah." The fairy scratches the back of her head. 

>"You don't need my help and Rinnosuke - uh, the shop keep, doesn't like me." Mayrisa figets with her hands.

>Marisa rolls her eyes at the fairy, "That's because you steal his stuff.

>"I don't steal! I borrow until the day I die - like you." Mayrisa huff.

>"Except unlike humans, fairies don't die."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Neovereign on May 27, 2021, 05:27:13 AM
//I've been loosely following. But I'm also not that great at following this story and such. Thus, even less so posting and making choices. Familiarity and such.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 27, 2021, 05:54:02 AM
//Any tips to make it easier to follow?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Neovereign on May 27, 2021, 06:55:38 PM
//It's nothing of your mistake. Just me.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 30, 2021, 12:34:52 AM
>Raise an eyebrow at the exchange.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 30, 2021, 07:51:41 PM
>"She's been copying me for the last month." Marisa explains.

Mayrisa nods her head with pride, "Yep, Marisa is strong and she teaches me magic."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 30, 2021, 09:21:28 PM
>Is it very unusual for any species of fae to idolize and learn from a human in such a manner?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 30, 2021, 10:27:51 PM
>It is very unusual for any species of fae to idolize and learn from a human in such a manner.
->It isn't unheard of for individuals to do this.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 30, 2021, 10:29:41 PM
>"I see. You are quite the interesting fairy, Miss Mayrisa. It's not often that any fae wishes to idolize and learn from a human in such a manner."
>Turn to Marisa, "You certainly must have done something quite extraordinary to elicit such a reaction."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 31, 2021, 04:59:06 AM
  "Ahaaha, thanks," Mayrisa's ears turned slightly red as a stupid grin grew on her face.

Marisa beamed a proud smile at you,"Well I'm the second best yokai exterminator in Gensokyo and an expert treasure hunter."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 31, 2021, 09:14:22 AM
>Are we aware of what Youkai are?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 31, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
>You are aware of what youkai are.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 01, 2021, 01:39:30 AM
>Are they technically considered a type of fae or are they unrelated?
>What is the general opinion of them among the fair folk, do we share it?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 03, 2021, 06:40:55 AM
>From your understanding it is a term for beings that can create magic and those under curses.
->Fae are a subtype of youkai.

>You don't know what the general opinion is among the fair folk.
->You think of the rokurokubi and noppera-bo as humans and tengu and kappa as fae.
-->Foxes and tanuki are magical beasts.
--->You aren't sure what to make of tsukumogami.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 04, 2021, 11:08:19 PM
>Stop and raise an eyebrow at the term "Youkai Exterminator".

>"A youkai exterminator? Er... Please forgive my skepticism, but I find that somewhat hard to believe, mostly because I would expect open hostility towards me or those fairies back there with that kind of job description..."
>Be on our guard just in case.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 05, 2021, 01:20:20 AM
>The youkai exterminator turns to you, "Why?  I've got a life outside my job and there isn't a job for fairies right now.  You’re not causing an incident either."

>Marisa's eyes seem to almost glow with anticipation, "But if ya need proof, we could have a spellcard duel."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 05, 2021, 03:22:21 AM
>"A whatnow?"
>Shake our head.
>"Nevermind. As for your question, It's just that part of the reason I'm in this mess is due to a rather nasty group of human supremacists, so forgive me for having a biased view of the term 'youkai exterminator'..."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 05, 2021, 04:15:35 AM
>Marisa nods her head
>"Yeah, I can see where you're coming from."

>"If we run into them I'll Master Spark them into tomorrow!"
>She flashes you a grin.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 05, 2021, 06:16:54 AM
>Smile a bit, "I'm not sure what this 'Master Spark' is, but I feel that being on the receiving end of one would be just what that group deserves."
>Frown.
>"Though in all seriousness, I do hope they don't have a presence here. I'd rather not be their prisoner again, nor subject my current host to the same treatment."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 05, 2021, 07:02:30 AM
>Marisa rubs her chin.
>"There's a similar group here, but they're harmless."

>"If the mirror doesn't work out, I know plenty of people who should be able to help."

//I assume you and Marisa have been standing around. 
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 08, 2021, 07:21:02 AM
>Frown a bit.
>"That's a bit concerning to hear, but if they're as harmless as you claim then I suppose I shouldn't worry about it too much."

>"And thank you, your willingness to help is greatly appreciated."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 09, 2021, 12:22:42 AM
>Marisa smiles at you, "No problem."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on June 14, 2021, 11:28:43 PM
>Mayrisa waves at you as Marisa leads you.

>Eventually you arrive at the edge of the forest.

>A long irregular building covered in advertisements sits with its back to the woods.
->The feel of magic eminates from the building.

>Marisa sweeps a across.
>"Here we are, Kourindou!"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 03, 2021, 04:41:03 AM
//I actually forgot this existed for a few weeks. Likely because I checked my email but forgot to view the thread afterwards (The site only sends an email for the first unread post on a thread). Sorry about that.

>Examine our surroundings.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 09:49:36 AM
>You stand in a dirt field
>It is hot and less humid
>The air is filled with the smells of rotting and damp wood
>The sounds of songbirds and cicadas echo from the woods.
>Marisa is presenting the shop in front of you

>The shop is a long irregular building covered in advertisements sits with its back to the woods
>Beside the front of the shop is a stone well
>You also notice a raccoon statue beside the entrance

>In front of the shop are numerous ancient televisions
->You recognize them from the old museums you raided

>Among the televisions are metal barrels, pots, traffic signs, tires, and washers and dryers.

>In the distance you can see mountains ahead and behind you
>To your left is the forest
>To your right is a dirt path winds out of sight

>You also notice the feeling of magic emanating from the shop
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 03:23:17 AM
>What do we know of ancient technology?
>What year/era do these TVs look like they're from? Are they pre or post GR?
>"Huh, I think I saw televisions like these in a museum once."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 04:54:25 AM
>You have knowledge of what the technology is used for except for specialized equipment
>You also know about what to do to not damage electronics keeping magnets away from electronics and vhs tapes.
>If you also know what parts are valuable such as the super conducting wires in an old hoover car
>You do understand that the TVs in front of the shop need electricity that isn't lightning or static electricity.

>The TVs look like they are from the late twenty century.
->They are to big and boxy to be from the twenty-first.
-->Definitely pre GR. 

>"Are they valuable?", Marisa asks with more than a hint of curiosity.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 05:04:37 AM
>Do modern day fae and youkai make use of technology, or are we traditionalist and stick to the medieval era ways?
>How many years are between the end of the 20th century and GR?

>"Well, they definitely look to be pre-21st century. So an antique collector might have a use for them, but that depends on whether or not they're operational, as that will definitely affect the value. Unfortunately, to see that we'd need to hook them up to a power source and try to turn them on. We'd also have to consider the general condition they're in. Even if it works, somebody might not want one that's in bad shape."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 05:28:03 AM
>Fae and youkai make use of technology.
->They even use magic to complement technology.

>55 years

>Marisa taps her chin
>"Hmm, I could ask her. . . and they. . .that could work."
>"A bit surprising that people would pay for a box to hold a picture."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 05:45:10 AM
>"Well, television programs are quite entertaining for some. Plus, provided you have the right equipment, or -- on 21st century models and later -- access to the Internet, there's the fact that you can watch movies on them in the comfort of your home as well."
>Are there any movies or TV shows we're fond of, or do we not partake in such?
>What is our opinion of the Internet?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 07:08:11 AM
>Marisa looks unconvinced

>There are a few channels that use different golems* to make shows tailored to your personal tastes

>Shows by Tengu tend to talk about how great they are and show off their martial skills, trolls cooking and fighting, and giants smithing and fighting.

>Fae that use glamour don't make shows while the others can be described as the same as the humans' except more in every sense of word.

>The decline of human numbers and disrepair of the servers has led to the internet shrinking
>There are a few nonhuman websites on the internet with most other species creating their own separate internet

>Please pick your character's opinion on shows and the internet

*She refers to robots and A.I. as golems
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 07:26:19 AM
>Are movies that humans refer to as "classics" such as say, "Star Wars", "Die Hard", "Terminator", "Godzilla", "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", etc. still available in our time or is it mostly supplanted by modern human and fae-made things?
>>Does Star Wars with an all Fae/Youkai cast exist?

>"All in all Movies and TV are just a medium to tell stories in a visual format. It's a bit like reading a book, instead you're watching a screen and you can actually see what's happening before your very eyes."

>Are there Fae/Youkai in space to our knowledge?
>Do the Lunarians have a claim in modern society, or are they still militant isolationists? Are we even aware of their existence?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 08:35:36 AM
>The classics are available though they can be hard to get to due to various factors from golems enforcing copyright laws of dead nations, websites going down, to data corruption.
->You had a couple you bartered with and sold copies of.

>There are some very nice knockoffs of Star Wars made by the Tengu.

>Djinn have started colonizing some of the other planets.
->There are rumors of gods and their followers moving to less crowded worlds.

>The only Lunarians you know of are Chang'e, some youkai rabbits who pound food and medicine, and Twardowski.
->Chang'e has worshippers on Earth and fae have gone to make deals with Twardowski concerning his knowledge.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 09:28:31 AM
>"Besides, some of the thing humans and fae come up with are rather entertaining..."
>Smirk and shake our head while thinking of Tengu Star Wars.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 10:15:46 AM
>"Sounds like something the kappa would make."

>"I'd heard there aren't many youkai in the outside world, but it sounds like there's a lot of fairies where ya come from."

>Marisa starts fiddling with a TV
>"So do ya have a power source on ya?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 06:13:16 AM
>"Well, not exactly, Fae, or Fair Folk, is sort of a catch-all term for supernatural folk in the west, sort of like how Youkai is the main term in the east. There are differences, but that's probably the most simple explanation. For instance, before I ended up in the body of this fairy here, I was a Sidhe. Irish Hillfolk."

>"As for your question, unfortunately no, and I wouldn't recommend using lightning magic or static electricity either. Most TVs from that era run on electricity provided by wires that emit a constant current. The wires themselves are given energy from a power plant, which is a structure made for the sole purpose of generating energy. Besides, you would still need a cable, satellite, or wifi signal to actually watch things on it unless you hooked up a DVD or VHS player to it. Otherwise you'd just get a screen full of static."
>Are there magical power plants?
>Do we know the difference between AC and DC power?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 06:14:21 AM
//edit
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 06:35:49 AM
>Marisa nods
>"Yeah, I haven't met any folks who call themselves fae except the fairies on occasion."

>Marisa thinks deeply
->"I bet Kourindou has some players!"
-->The witch vanishes through the building's entrance

>There are magical power plants.
->The ones you've seen tend to be in the middle of human settlements and on the outskirts of Fae villages.

>You do.  It has saved you from hauling useless junk too many times to count.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 07:45:52 AM
>Follow!
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 08:22:24 AM
>You step into the store

>The store has shelves filled with extension wires, walkmans, lamps, clocks, and various other items.
->There are tables with books, typewriters, and computers.

>The feeling of magic emanates from the back near one of the corners.

>Marisa is in the back in front of a counter with a man with silver hair.

>The man's golden eyes meet yours, "This is a store and not a place to play."
>"She isn't a fairy.  She's a sidhe."

>The man gives you a dubious look, "It sounds like a prank."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 08:55:12 AM
>"Well, to be more accurate, I'm a Sidhe trapped in a fairy's body. I had a rather unfortunate encounter with a Magic Mirror and Marisa here was bringing me here hoping that there was a lead as to its location. However, we ended up getting a little sidetracked when I noticed the antique televisions outside. Oh, and where are my manners."
>Curtsey
>"My name is Eillia. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of this body's proper owner, if she even has one. I must say, you have quite the impressive collection of antique technology in here."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 09:50:15 AM
>"Rinnosuke Morichika, welcome to Kourindou."
>"I apologize for earlier.  Fairies have damaged my merchandise past."
>"Still it is a pleasure to meet someone as sophisticated and with a discerning eye such as yourself."

>"I wish I could help with the mirror, but I already sold it," He says with a bit of sadness and pity.

>"Who'd ya sell it to?"

>"They said their name was Ajies."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 10:02:04 AM
>"A-Ah..."
>Fidget a bit.
>"Any idea how to get into contact with them? I'm pretty sure that mirror would be instrumental in separating me from this fairy. Not to mention that it could potentially lead to more accidents like what happened to me..."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 07:49:00 PM
>Rinnosuke shakes his slowly
>"I'm afraid not.  They didn't leave information other than their name."

>"Come on, you gotta know something."

>The man thinks deeply for a minute before his eyes widen with realization
->"I had forgotten, but they bought the mirror because they broke it with a broom."
>"Unfortunately I cannot give a description due to how they were dressed."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 17, 2021, 07:48:37 AM
>"They did what!?"
>Pinch our nose and sigh.
>"Might not be worth going after it in that case if it's broken. It might not even be operable now..."
>Hope that this 'Ajies' enjoys their 7 years of misfortune.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 08:20:41 AM
>"It might be a little bit, but I'll find a solution to your problem."
>Marisa gives you a confident smile

>"Miss Knowledge may have a solution."
>Rinnosuke suggests

Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 07:35:49 AM
>"Thank you, Marisa. You're too kind."
>"Miss... Knowledge...?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 08:37:04 AM
>"Miss Knowledge is a magician youkai who infrequently comes and buys my stock of outside books.  Marisa has mentioned Miss Knowledge possessing a vast library filled with magical tomes."  Rinnosuke says to you.

>"She lives in the Scarlet Devil Mansion and is friends with a vampire. I'm going to borrow some books that may help."

>Rinnosuke casts a knowing look at Marisa

>"How good are ya at sneaking?  Cause that's how we get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion and into her library," Marisa looks you up and down.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 02:00:11 AM
>How good are we at stealth?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 02:27:33 AM
>You are extremely good at stealth
>With invisibility and a footstep silencing spell you can be nearly impossible to find


>You are also very familiar with humanoid line of sight
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 02:50:09 AM
>"I know both an invisibility spell and a footstep silencing spell. Hopefully I should still be able to cast them in this body."
>"I am also well aware of the typical humanoid line of sight and the blind spots it brings."
>"Also... her name is Miss Knowledge and she owns a library...? Forgive me for asking, but is the name something she chose or completely coincidental?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 04:49:20 AM
>Marisa lets out a long appreciative whistle
>"Were you a burglar before you got your fairy body?"

>"I don't know.  Miss Knowledge never speaks about herself when she comes to my shop.  Marisa?" Rinnosuke replies.


>"No clue, she's always has her nose in a book when I see her."
>Marisa gives you a quizzical look
>"Isn't it a common western name?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 04:52:26 AM
>"As far as I know, it isn't. As for your first question, I was merely a maid."
>When have we used our stealth in the past? Was it under Lord Bree's orders?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 05:35:40 AM
>Yes, Lord Bree preferred his working staff to seem to appear out of nowhere when a guest had a want or need than to use servant tunnels.
->You've also used stealth when investigating ruins and when taking food from a human town.

>"I wasn't expecting that. Do you throw anything sharp like swords or knives?" Marisa asks
>"We can leave as soon as you want."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 05:38:39 AM
>Do we?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 05:58:30 AM
>You don't have any training or experience with throwing things like that.
->You could throw a dagger, a sword, a needle or various other sharp weapons, but that would be because of being in an extremely desperate situation.

>You do have some experience with a bow though you have touched one in several centuries.
->Before becoming a maid you did help your family by hunting rabbits and making coin by keeping vermin out of farmers' fields.
-->You were rather mediocre at it even by human standards.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 06:03:00 AM
>"Throwing weapons aren't my specialty unfortunately. I do know a bit on how to wield a bow, though I haven't touched one in centuries and my talent with it can be best described as mediocre... I'm more well versed in standard maid duties, alongside some musical talent, sewing, knitting, bartering human relics, Glamour spells and luck manipulation."
>What is the extent of our luck manipulation?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 08:00:18 AM
>Your luck manipulation affects an area of about the size of a large house around a target

>Giving good luck would have things like a person noticing money, tools working longer than they should, malfunctions in alarm sensors, enemies near you suffering bad luck, beneficial accidents, etcetera
 >Giving bad luck a person might find their clothes snagging on breakables, tripping on their own feet, their darts always missing the dartboard in the pub, small objects getting underfoot, jars not sealing, old floorboards giving way underfoot, etcetera
->Luck manipulation is weird because it feels like your manipulating something other than reality.


>"Huh, must be a head maid trait.  Glamour?" Marisa asks.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 08:19:54 AM
>"Glamour spells are spells that alter senses, such as disguising an object as another object or changing the flavor of food, as well as making one's appearance presentable to somebody of high social status..."
>"You know, now that I think of it, I wonder..."
>Attempt to use Glamour to make ourselves resemble what we're supposed to look like, albeit as if we were presenting ourselves to our lord.
>Of successful:
>>"Okay, if that worked, then I should've altered my appearance with Glamour to resemble what my true body looks like, albeit with some minor cosmetic alterations as if I was meeting with someone of high status such as My Lord..."
>is it only sight and taste that Glamour alters or does it extend to other forms of perception as well?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 04, 2021, 09:29:37 AM
>Marisa's eyes widen in surprise while the sound of scraping against wooden floor comes from Rinnosuke

>The word goes dark. For a second you are confused until you remember this isn't your body. It takes a moment as you cast your spell and you then you can see again.

>Marisa speaks to a point above your head, "So, that's what a sidhe looks like.  Even without yer spiritual presence I can tell yer not human.  Probably shouldn't enter the human village like that."

>"It is disconcerting. Appearing as this would be much better than as a fairy." Rinnosuke glances at Marisa.
>Marisa shrugs her shoulders.

>Glamour also includes touch, smell, and hearing.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 04, 2021, 10:38:53 AM
>What's the duration of a glamour spell? Is it a set duration or is it indefinite provided we spend energy to maintain it? Does the caster need to be conscious/awake to maintain a glamour effect?
>Are there any other limitations?

>Is our "presentable form" just a less ugly version of a normal Sidhe or is it just a well dressed version of us?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 04, 2021, 03:06:19 PM
>A glamour spell will gradually fade on its own, but can be maintained indefinitely.
->Magic is changing the rules of reality in an area.

>You don't need to be awake for the effects.

>There are ointments and seeing stones that allow a person to be unaffected by glamour.

>Glamour is detectable by anything that can sense magic.

>Your "presentable form" is your old sidhe body made unnaturally beautiful by human standards and clothed in your old maid uniform.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 07, 2021, 03:14:38 AM
>"To be fair it's not entirely what a sidhe looks like, as this is my 'presentable form'. Without it I would appear more or less the same, except far less beautiful by human standards..."
>"Anyway Glamour does have its limitations. For instance, it doesn't fool magic senses, so anything that can specifically sense magic can detect its use. Additionally, there are certain ointments and seeing stones that can render one immune to the effects, but otherwise it can alter any sense regarding a person or object and lasts until it fades."

>Are we insecure at all regarding the innate ugliness of sidhe?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 03:22:23 AM
>Marisa circles you mumbling under her breath
>Her arm passes through your glamour and brushes against the crown of your head

>"So its like an illusion.  It'll make sneaking into the SDM easier."

>You are a little insecure in appearing without glamour.
->Sidhe aren't supposed to show their true forms though in practice most don't bother with glamouring themselves in front of family and friends.
-->The idea of showing your true appearance to a human does make you squirm.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 03:35:30 AM
>How much energy does maintaining glamour take?
>Do we have more or less energy in this body.
>Is there any differences between glamour and true illusion magic?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 04:09:32 AM
>It depends
->Factors that would effect the energy cost include distance and if your constantly supplying energy or doing it all at once
-->You supply the energy constantly and have enough practice that it isn't noticeable
--->If the other person remained close (within ten feet), it would be tiring to supply the glamour the energy
----->If you were to pour in all the energy at once you believe it would leave you drained and not last at long, maybe three hours

>Magic comes from the spirit, so you have the same amount of energy.

>At their peaks glamour can trick reality while illusion trick people
->Glamour also needs a target unlike illusion magic.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 04:18:01 AM
>"Similar but not quite. There are differences between the two. For instance, glamour always requires a target to be used, and can affect a wider range of entities than true illusion magic."
>"That being said, it would also aid in infiltration. Though as I previously mentioned it's not the only stealth based magic I have at my disposal."
>Dispel the glamour.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 04:38:44 AM
>Marisa nods
>"It is useful if we run into a hallway full of fairy maids."

>The witch thinks for a minute
>"Invisibility and glamour wouldn't work on Meiling, the gateguard, but Patchouli won't be on guard for those."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 12:19:44 AM
>"I see, and is this implied 'gate' the only entrance to this place?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 12:25:10 AM
>Marisa gives a small shake of her head
>"Nah, I rarely use it anyway.  If you come though we have to be on the look out in case she's patrolling."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 07:01:06 AM
>Marisa gives a small shake of her head
>"Nah, I rarely use it anyway.  If you come though we have to be on the look out in case she's patrolling."
>"Noted."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 07:19:20 AM
>"If you don't have any more questions then let's get going."

>Marisa walks towards the door, "Later, Kourin."

The large hums in response and begins to read.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2021, 02:11:36 AM
>"If you don't have any more questions then let's get going."

>Marisa walks towards the door, "Later, Kourin."

The large hums in response and begins to read.
> Exit the shop

> "Lead the way, Marisa."

>Follow her
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 10, 2021, 09:31:10 AM
>You follow Marisa outside where she lets out a whistle and holds out her hand.  Moments later a broom flies out of the forest and into her hand.  She rides the broom into the sky and waits for you.

>"Domi Bhuoga," Despite using the words for flight you don't feel the regular feeling of weightlessness nor the usual way reality unfolds.
->Having used the spell many times before you recreate the process of flight then with the words you find yourself in the sky with Marisa.

                       Spirit Stamina
*Stamina is the energy your soul has for casting magic.  When it hits zero Elilia will be mentally tired, spells will have a chance to fail, and there will be a delay in actions and reflexes.
**Using magic other than glamour and invisibility will cost stamina.
***Spells that are continuous that you keep going will cost no further stamina

>Marisa leads away from the forest and towards the mountains.  The two of you fly over fields of grass until you get a bank of fog.

>Marisa pauses near the mist.  "I forgot to mention that the fairies at the mansion don't like uninvited fairies.  So make sure ya dodge their danmaku unless you're into exploding into fairy glitter.  So make sure ya don't get hit."

Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 10, 2021, 09:42:03 AM
>Do we know any defensive magic or personal wards?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 11, 2021, 07:04:17 AM
>You know several wards against possession.
>You also have a ward that slows spells and a spell that can redirect spells.
->Redirecting spells can be used to change the path of spells, but you can be overwhelmed if there is too much power behind the spell.
>Finally know a ward to make yourself immune to blades
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 19, 2021, 01:30:30 PM
>Continue following Marisa.
>>Ask a question: "Do you know if the Fairies at the Mansion have a roll call or register of sorts? If not, I may have a plan to sneak into the Mansion."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 19, 2021, 08:12:30 PM
>How effective is the redirecting spell?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 20, 2021, 07:48:55 AM
>Marisa leads you across the lake.  Several times she glances at the sun and changes direction.
>From the mist a scarlet mansion emerged.  A red headed person stands in front of a metal picket gate that surrounds the mansion.  Older looking fairies in French maid uniforms are watering the lawn with watering cans.
>The Mansion's clock reads 9:15.

>"Nah, they have fairies constantly working on and off for them."

>The redirecting spells is very effective.

*The redirect spell will allow you to redirect danmaku and lasers, but a master spark would overwhelm you.
**You are also limited to redirecting one bullet at a time presently.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 20, 2021, 02:42:56 PM
>Turn to Marisa. "Marisa, how do you usually enter the Mansion discretely?"
>"I could use glamour to disguise myself as a fairy maid, or use invisibility. Either one would give me more time inside the Mansion after we sneak in. Then we head to the library."
#I'm suggesting ideas, but they're most likely sub-optimal. Any others can strike out or add more to these.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 22, 2021, 07:06:58 PM
>"She lives in the Scarlet Devil Mansion and is friends with a vampire. I'm going to borrow some books that may help."

>Rinnosuke casts a knowing look at Marisa

>"How good are ya at sneaking?  Cause that's how we get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion and into her library," Marisa looks you up and down.

> Cast an accusing look towards Marisa.
-> "Marisa, have you ever returned a book that you have borrowed?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 24, 2021, 02:44:54 AM
>"Usually I sneak in through one of the windows.  That sounds like a good plan."

>Marisa smiles at you, "I'll return them when I die.  It's not like a hundred years is anything for youkai."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 26, 2021, 01:05:33 PM
>Gaze at Marisa incredulously.
>"...I cannot say you're wrong about the lifespan of Youkai, but I would not call it 'borrowing' in that case."
>"Regardless, you seem to be a repeat 'visitor' at this library so your window entrance sounds promising."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 28, 2021, 09:09:19 AM
>Marisa leads you to the side of the mansion then stops the fence.  She peers over the bush growing on the other side of the fence and hums.

>On the other side you can see a few fairies with absentminded faces who are trimming a hedge maze.  The fairies' eyes wander over to the flowers their kin are watering.
>The flowers come to the fairies abdomen and wave lazily in the breeze.  The fairies her are more attentive about their work, but you see statues poking out of the flowerbed that would offer protection.

>"Normally I'd just blast them and head in, but . . . " Marisa's glances at you, "I can fly us through, but everyone would know we're here."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 28, 2021, 10:41:18 AM
>What is our opinion on killing fairies? Are we indifferent, or against it by nature?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 28, 2021, 10:50:20 PM
>What is our opinion on killing fairies? Are we indifferent, or against it by nature?
>You're indifferent.
->Sidhe and fairies are both fae but aren't the same 'species'*.

*Quotes because magic allows lineages that normally shouldn't exist
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 28, 2021, 10:56:02 PM
>Can our cloaking spell extend to Marisa?
>Can we muffle sounds?
>How much energy would it take to do so in either case?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 29, 2021, 12:27:24 AM
>Can our cloaking spell extend to Marisa?
>Can we muffle sounds?
>How much energy would it take to do so in either case?
>You've never made another invisible, but you believe you can
>Yes. 

>The invisibility you have no idea, a glamour would cost 1 to use it on Marisa and maintain it, and muffling noise would cost 1 energy per person.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 16, 2021, 01:57:05 PM
>"What if we mix approaches?"
>"I could use Glamour to make myself look like a regular fairy maid and approach."
>"Then you can be... yourself, and blast them before rushing in. And I move in after, with any number of excuses. Like 'chasing' you."
>"This allows me more time, and allows you to follow your usual instincts. A good start, is it not?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on October 21, 2021, 09:25:49 AM
>"It should work. Plenty of fairies get in my way to get out of work."

>Marisa nods to herself, "Yep, some of them come looking for me, some pop themselves, and others hide.  If ya get lost then just follow one of the fairy maids."

>The witch's eyes move from you back to the yard, "You'll hafta make sure none of them see ya coming in.  Ready?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 26, 2021, 03:16:23 PM
>"A Mix of Invisibility to get into position, then Glamour should do it."
>"I'll use Invisibility, rush to the statues to hide myself. Then use Glamour and emerge as you rush in."
>"I'm ready."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on October 27, 2021, 06:27:08 AM
>Marisa straddles her broom

>You are thrown off you feet and onto your back
->Pain throbs through your body momentarily
-->You can see through bottom of the bush and the ground Marisa and the fairies.

>All the fairies scream in surprise
->The fairies near the flowers dive into the beds.  The screams from the fairies from the hedge maze turn from shock to delight as they charge the witch.

>Several balls of light flash into existence in Marisa's hand before the orbs rush into the fairies and explode leaving a shimmering powder where a small humanoid had been.  Soon Marisa disappears from sight.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 08, 2021, 09:13:47 PM
>Recover. That broom has the blowback of an RPG mixed with the speed of a Motorcycle!

>Follow the plan
>>Activate invisibility to approach the statues for a blind-spot.
>>>Glamour to make ourselves look like a fairy maid. Should be easy, just our current body in the maid's uniform.

>'Chase' (Read: Follow) Marisa.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on November 15, 2021, 10:30:08 PM
//Sorry for the delay

>With a gentle push of your spirit your form vanishes from sight. Your body silently floats over the bush and to the statue.
>Dazed fairies push themselves out of the flowerbeds.  The lawn near the maze glitters from the new coat of fairy dust

>The surviving fairies go back to their work except for a few surviving fairies that were working on the hedge.  They pay you no mind as you cross the yard and hop through an open window.

>The house has a thick scarlet carpet and walls adored with old electric lights.  Doors line the hallway you found yourself in.

>As your following the glitter you are tackled from behind to the floor by a larger being.  A much bigger fairy maid has sat herself down on you.

>"I caught her!" The maid yells.  The shuffle of feet sound from behind doors.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 23, 2021, 05:30:02 PM
>"W-wait! The Black-white intruder might get away! Why are you sitting on me?!"
>Try to get out from under the fairy maid.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on November 23, 2021, 06:14:36 PM
>You squirm and wiggle a few inches out from underneath the larger fairy.

>"Nice try, but. . ."
->The maid's hand slides through your hair

>"Oh, uh. . .you aren't that fairy.  Sorry. . ."
>The fairy maid gets up with a red face and an uneasy smile.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 24, 2021, 11:05:11 AM
>"Which fairy are you talking about? Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop."
>"Are we dealing with multiple intruders in one day? I would rather prioritise the witch."
>Look at the trail of glitter, if it starts disappearing then continue the chase.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on November 25, 2021, 11:27:34 AM
>"The fairy who stole the name May. She was calling herself Mayrisa."

>Stealing a name.  Mayrisa either made the person unable to use that name for themselves or stole all the traits that made them unique.

>"Oh, you must be new.  That's why I didn't recognize you. No, I thought you might be the fairy.  I don't think we can win Miss Patchouli's prize,  but I can help you if you want."

>The glitter seems to be staying.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 25, 2021, 10:41:48 PM
>"...Ah, I see."
>>Ogle Examine the large fairy. Anything that stands out apart from her size?

>"Let's walk, or rather fly, and talk."
>>Follow the fairy dust/glitter.
>>"So, could you give me more information about the 'stolen name' situation? I might need a reminder."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on November 27, 2021, 04:57:29 AM
>The larger fairy looks older than your current form, her wings are too small, and she has very curly black hair.  She could be in her early adolescence.
>A necklace adorns the fairy's neck and she has earrings unlike the fairies you've seen since waking up.

>The maid nods and walks after you.
>"You have to work here awhile before you hear about it.  So, the fairy was nameless and ran into an outsider."

>The fairy raises a hand, "It didn't go the way anyone would expect.  Seeing the outsider got her curious and the two talked, but eventually the fairy got jealous and killed the outsider before stealing the outsider's name: May."

>She shakes her head, "Disgusting, but not the worst."

>"She came. . ." The maid's face turned red while her body shook. "She came here and practiced martial arts with Meiling.  That fairy started to call herself Mayling!" From the fairy's mouth came a grinding noise of teeth.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on December 20, 2021, 06:00:15 PM
#Sorry for the extremely late response. No excuses.

>Ruminate on the latest iteration of this... Phenomenon: Mayrisa. This explains why she's so eccentric, but also increases her possible danger. Questions on the outsider can wait for now.
>Put a hand on our chin. "...So we have a habitual name-changing, or stealing, fairy on the loose? Sounds terrible combined with the Witch breaking in."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on December 22, 2021, 04:59:30 AM
>Mayrisa could have just stolen the name so no one could ever call the human by that name.  The other possibility is Mayrisa took everything that made that human them and added it to herself.  The Sidhe blacksmiths used a similar proccess to add traits to their wares.

>The bigger fairy scratches her cheek, "Maybe?  She doesn't always come with Marisa, but the fairy always goes towards the library."
"Marisa annoys Miss Patchouli,  but is liked by everyone here."

>Descending a set of stairs leads you to a hallway in front of a set of giant doors that stand ajar.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on December 27, 2021, 05:00:46 PM
>Ah, her coming with Marisa and always going to the library points towards Mayrisa adding or stealing attributes to herself. But Marisa still being identifiable as Marisa moves it away from 'stealing' and towards simply adding. We may need to confront her about that some day.
>Do we know how the Sidhe blacksmiths' process of trait addition and transference work in our world? What did it require?

>Look at the doors, then at the large fairy.
>"I'm guessing this is the library?"
>"And before we continue, what's your name? If you have one. I'd like to have some way to refer to you."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on January 03, 2022, 06:51:34 AM
>The smiths have kept trait addition and transference a tightly held secret.
>There have been rumors that the smiths shape their wares to give them traits of the objects they mimic, they trade contradictory traits, or the metal works have figure out how to change traits to their opposites.

>The fairy maid knocks hard enough on the door to open it the rest of the way.  Bookcases litter the room and extend towards the roof.  The back of the room is so distant that you cannot see it.
>She grins at you, "Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Library."

>"Sorry cousin, I go by Liana.  Cousin, have you chosen a name?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on January 03, 2022, 01:43:58 PM
>The smiths have kept trait addition and transference a tightly held secret.
>There have been rumors that the smiths shape their wares to give them traits of the objects they mimic, they trade contradictory traits, or the metal works have figure out how to change traits to their opposites.

>The fairy maid knocks hard enough on the door to open it the rest of the way.  Bookcases litter the room and extend towards the roof.  The back of the room is so distant that you cannot see it.
>She grins at you, "Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Library."

>"Sorry cousin, I go by Liana.  Cousin, have you chosen a name?"

>In our world, do people (specifically those in their village/town) refer to new acquaintances as "Cousin"? Or is that just a thing in this world?

>"Eillia, that's what I have chosen. A pleasure to meet you, Liana."

>Follow Liana into the library and observe our surroundings.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on January 10, 2022, 06:35:11 AM
>If there is a town that refers to new acquaintances as "Cousin" then you've neither seen it nor heard of it.
->People might refer to new acquaintances as brother or sister to emphasize closeness.  Cousin has a closeness, but also keeps a distance.

>"Eillia, that's a beautiful name."

>The library is massive.  You cannot see the end.  A large path run through the middle of the library with bookcases packed close together running along both sides.  Railing on the second floor and third floors provides a view of even more book shelves. Potted plants dot the room along with tables.  Antique light fixtures litter the room while providing warm light. 

>Red haired women are picking up books off the floor and placing back on the shelves.  The women are all wearing a similar outfits of black dresses over white blouses and have wings on their back and heads. Liana breathing harder stays close to the plants.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on January 16, 2022, 08:10:32 PM
>"Eillia, that's a beautiful name."

>Blush a little. "Why thank you. I am flattered."

>"Oh, you must be new.  That's why I didn't recognize you. No, I thought you might be the fairy.  I don't think we can win Miss Patchouli's prize,  but I can help you if you want."

>"Wait, earlier you mentioned 'Miss Patchouli's prize'. I don't recollect hearing anything about a contest, however. Could you remind me?"

>Red haired women are picking up books off the floor and placing back on the shelves.  The women are all wearing a similar outfits of black dresses over white blouses and have wings on their back and heads. Liana breathing harder stays close to the plants.

>What species would we know to resemble those women?

>"Is something wrong? Your breathing seems to be off."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on January 22, 2022, 07:58:58 PM
>"Miss Patchouli is offering her sweets for a week to any fairy that beat Marisa or keep her out of the library.  Is this your first day because our cousins are talking about it constantly?"

>You don't recognize them off hand, but they could be shapeshifters as well.
->Feeling for their magic leaves you with nothing until your own magic brushes against their soul. The women shiver at the touch to their souls.  It takes a moment until you realize that their magic is the same as the background magic.

>That is weird and not something you've ever seen

>Liana motions at the books. "Don't they feel wrong to you? So straight and organized? Artificial?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on March 06, 2022, 07:44:10 PM
<Bump>
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on March 09, 2022, 08:33:30 PM
>"Shouldn't books be organised? Or at least, I assume that Miss Patchouli likes them that way."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on March 12, 2022, 04:31:10 AM
>"Well, yes.  It feels almost like a forest, but. . .not quite and wrong.  Cousin, does the orderliness not bother you?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on March 12, 2022, 05:41:14 PM
>"Well, yes.  It feels almost like a forest, but. . .not quite and wrong.  Cousin, does the orderliness not bother you?"

>"Well, I have worked as a maid for a while now, just somewhere else, so it does not bother me too much. Rather, I quite enjoy seeing things all tidy and orderly after I've worked hard to clean up a mess. Now come on, let's continue."

>Continue forward while looking for evidence that could have been caused by Marisa.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on March 17, 2022, 06:42:02 AM
>Liana stares at you wide eyed in disbelief, "No, way.  You're pranking me.  It's a fairy rule to tell the truth after a prank!"  Her body shakes, "That's so neat!" A chuckle escapes her lips.

>Following the trail of fallen books deeper into the library.  More of the librarian's assistants cleaning up books and singe marks in the carpets.

>Glowing star projectiles and metal sawblades fly out from further ahead.  With a thought you fly up and towards the the commotion.  Marisa is surrounded by several orbs that fire beams of light into a person clothed in purple.

>Marisa gives thumbs up in your direction, "Right on time.  Patchouli and her books will help get you out of that fairy body."

>The woman in purple clothes laughs and coughs.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on April 20, 2022, 03:54:01 AM
//If anyone has questions concerning this quest, I would be happy to answer them
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on April 27, 2022, 11:24:35 AM
>"Oh this isn't a prank Liana, I hope I can do as well here as I did back then."
>Turn to Marisa
>"I think we should calm the situation before asking her... You ruffian!"
>How much confidence do we have in dodging projectiles?

#I do wonder why you went with a fairy for the Player Character, and a more traditional non-Touhou fairy at that. More interesting? Comfortable power level?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 02, 2022, 03:33:09 AM
//I chose a fairy because of the contrast between a touhou fairy and a traditional fairy.

  >The witch turns to face you, "It's ok -"
  >Lilian steps forward and jabs a finger in Marisa's direction, "That's right white and black.  Me and Eillia, a super fairy, are going to get Miss Patchouli's desserts!"

  >Marisa rolls her eyes while smirking.  Patchouli lets out an exasperated sigh.

  >The librarian says to Lilian, "To qualify for the reward the participant needs to stop the rat from making to the library."  She turns to one of the red haired women with wings, "Start a standard properties analysis circle modify for the spirit and local shape-shifters."

>The woman bows to Patchouli before scampering off.  Patchouli narrows her eyes at you and Marisa before taking a seat at one of the numerous tables.  Paper and a hot cup appear beside the pajama clad woman.

  >"Can I get you something, Marisa?" Turning your head you find a human maid with silver hair frowning at you.

  >"Black tea." The witch motions at you, "Scame with me, Sakuya."

  >"Pardon me.  Can I get you anything to drink or eat?"

>Lilian jumps up, "Coco, Eillia you should try it.  It's sweet and warm and good."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on May 03, 2022, 10:57:09 PM
#Ah, interesting.

>Snicker
>>"Super Fairy?! I wouldn't call myself that but thanks."

>Look towards the human maid
>"I'll take Coco please, Miss Sakuya."

>Look towards the witch, Patchouli.
>>"So, how will you go about helping me with my body issue?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 07, 2022, 02:12:41 AM
>Sakuya vanishes.  On the table in front of Patchouli plates of crepes and tarts appear out of thin air.  Marisa and Lilian dig into the treats.

>"Presuming that this isn't a prank then the course of action would be determined by the cause of your condition.  The most probable cause of your affliction is a possessed spiritual core."

>What in the world is a spiritual core?  Is she messing around?

>After swallowing her tart Marisa says, "She's a sidhe youkai not a spirit."

>Pity flashes across the librarians face replaced by a sober look, "If this isn't a prank then your predicament will be a tedious task to fix."

With a mouth full of food Lilian jumps with her hand raised, "Aren't some of the fairies sidhe?"

>Patchouli hand reaches towards the empty plate of tarts, the sweet treats reappear just before the witch's hand grabs empty air. "A few of the fairy maids were before metamorphizing."

>What?

>Drinks have appeared on the table.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on May 09, 2022, 12:47:32 PM
>Take a sip from our drink
>"This is no prank, though I wish it was."

>Sigh
>"I had a feeling it would be tedious in some way. Do you need a full explanation of my situation? Or can you tell me now why this problem is going to be troublesome to fix?"

>Have a tart, the others are enjoying them so it must be good.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 10, 2022, 07:40:25 AM
>"The sidhe were reshaped into the form that you find yourself in now by the shifting beliefs of the victorian era.  Curing your predicament would require filtering belief and reshaping people's perception of you."
Patchouli quietly drinks from a cup decorated with images of various flowers.

>The purple witch continues, "Though I am curious as how you were able to recover your memories and why you believed that you had swapped forms with a spiritual entity."

>Patchouli's explanation sounds off.  Human belief shouldn't be potent enough to reshape your entire race.

>The librarians assistant returns.  Patchouli waits patiently for any further questions.

>Do you ask questions or get examined
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on May 10, 2022, 07:17:38 PM
>"If you're curious about my previous guess..."
>>Tell Patchouli about our experience with the magic mirror so far.

>"Would it help if I mentioned that I come from a place that may have different... dynamics involving metamorphosis of Sidhe races?"
>>"As far as I know, human perception and belief shouldn't be powerful enough to affect an entire race, or mine at least. I guess things work differently here?"
>"Also, what is a 'Spiritual Core'? I am not familiar with that term at all."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 10, 2022, 09:58:19 PM
>"If you're curious about my previous guess..."
>>Tell Patchouli about our experience with the magic mirror so far.

>Patchouli crosses her legs and taps her cheek in thought.  "Your observations have opened a hole in my hypothesis."

 
>"Would it help if I mentioned that I come from a place that may have different... dynamics involving metamorphosis of Sidhe races?"
>>"As far as I know, human perception and belief shouldn't be powerful enough to affect an entire race, or mine at least. I guess things work differently here?"

Silence permeates the library.  The librarian is lost in thought. Marisa sits frozen with a crepe in mid-chew.  Lilian stares at you with Coco dribbling down her mouth.  Behind bookshelves even the staff can be seen staring.

Marisa is the first to speak. "But. . .youkai are formed from human beliefs.  How. . .that. . ." The witch mumbles in confusion.

"Does that mean you can play outside? Like actually outside Gensokyo like we were?" Lillian's eyes glimmer with awe and envy.

"Incredible. For the principles of reality to differ that much from our own." The purple witch mutters an incantation too quick to understand.  A small complex sigil made of white light pops into being around her wrist.  "I would like you to cast a spell."

>But you’re already casting the glamour and flight spell.

>The librarian speaks in the tone of a tutor. "A spirit core is the foundation of a youkai.  Much like a brain it contains the personality and memories as well as the soul of a youkai.  It's destruction means the death of that youkai."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on May 13, 2022, 12:42:50 AM
>"I'm already maintaining a couple but if you need a more obvious example, I'll give one."

>Float down to the ground and deactivate flight.
>"I'm going to disappear for a moment, don't be alarmed."
>>Activate the Invisibility Spell
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 13, 2022, 01:12:54 AM
>You vanish from sight.  Patchouli begins to fiddle with the sigil until eventually she gets up and walks over to you.

>"Truly astounding,"

>"Come on, that light fairy can pull the same trick," Marisa says.

>"Inaccurate, one would expect the magical signature of a spell," The purple magician pulls out a notepad and scribbles feverishly.  "I'll need to examine the mirror and figure out the mechanics of your magic before we can return you to your proper form."

>Marisa smirks, "It should be a day or two before it shows up then we follow the shooty fairies and people in the wrong bodies."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on May 17, 2022, 10:52:01 PM
>Drink the Coco entirely.
>"Good that we've clarified this before anymore confusion occurred."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2022, 06:45:31 PM
>Patchouli takes a bite of a tart before speaking, "I would recommend visiting the Hakurei Shrine," Marisa looks like she is about to object before the purple witch continues. "The shrine maiden would either sell or seal the artifact.  Kirisame Second Hand Store in the Human village to confirm that the mirror wasn't sold."

>The ordinary magician's countenance darkens.

Inventory
Simple sundress without pockets

wings?!

Quests
Get your breasts back

Find out why you have wings

Find out where you are

Abilities
Glamour: You can alter any of the senses of an individual even yourself.  It can also effect an object's appearance.  Especially good for altering the taste of your food.  You were required to use this to make yourself presentable for your lord. (weak acts as illusion, strongest manipulates reality) cost 0 on self and 1 on another

Invisibility cost 0 when on self, others 2 to start

Luck Manipulation
>Your luck manipulation affects an area of about the size of a large house around a target

>Giving good luck would have things like a person noticing money, tools working longer than they should, malfunctions in alarm sensors, enemies near you suffering bad luck, beneficial accidents, etcetera
 >Giving bad luck a person might find their clothes snagging on breakables, tripping on their own feet, their darts always missing the dartboard in the pub, small objects getting underfoot, jars not sealing, old floorboards giving way underfoot, etcetera
->Luck manipulation is weird because it feels like your manipulating something other than reality.



Flight: As long as you can speak you can utter the spell for flight
   spell costs one energy to use and maintain

Various spells that a maid might use.  Examples include warming tea, making yourself seem more dignified, and making dust vanish.

Proficiency
Maid duties
→Stealth

Sewing and knitting

Fae court manners

Dancing

Singing

Recognizing working human relics and selling them

Many musical instruments excluding guitar, xylophone, and drums

Spells:
   Footstep silence
   Wards
      anti-possession
      enviromental protection
   slow spell effects
   spell redirection spell
      *The redirect spell will allow you to redirect danmaku and lasers, but a master spark             would overwhelm you.
      **You are also limited to redirecting one bullet at a time presently.
   lethargy(via glammor)
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on August 25, 2022, 09:54:25 PM
//It's been a while since this was last worked on, so I've unfortunately forgotten most of the recent events (I do remember most of the backstory and previous events though). I've looked back a little, and I've got a general idea of where we are again, but one thing I don't remember at all is this mention of a magic mirror. Could you remind me of what this is?

And one more question: Does the player character know that Gensokyo is "located" in Japan? If not, would they know about Japan (in the sense that it exists) in the real world anyway?

Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 29, 2022, 12:19:27 AM
>The magic mirror is the last thing Elilia remembers running into before waking up in Gensokyo.  It was said by others that there was a mirror like the one Elilia ran into next to her in Gensokyo.

>Elilia was told Gensokyo is in japan.

>You know that the Japanese people are famous for giving life to inanimate objects
->Being an island nation they likely suffered from tsunami because of the world serpent's return
->The land is run by different gods with overlapping territory
->Finally there is an unlikely chance your magic may do nothing or may do unexpected things
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on August 29, 2022, 02:13:06 PM
>The magic mirror is the last thing Elilia remembers running into before waking up in Gensokyo.  It was said by others that there was a mirror like the one Elilia ran into next to her in Gensokyo.

>Elilia was told Gensokyo is in japan.

>You know that the Japanese people are famous for giving life to inanimate objects
->Being an island nation they likely suffered from tsunami because of the world serpent's return
->The land is run by different gods with overlapping territory
->Finally there is an unlikely chance your magic may do nothing or may do unexpected things

//Okay, thank you very much.

>"Thank you very much for the assistance, Miss Patchouli. However, before I depart, I would like to ask a question. You and the head maid do not seem to be of Japanese origin. This is just a thought, but would you and the other residents here happen to originate outside of Japan, such as a region called Europe?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 31, 2022, 04:26:54 AM
"Yes, except for Meiling all the original inhabitants are from Europe."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on August 31, 2022, 03:15:46 PM
"Yes, except for Meiling all the original inhabitants are from Europe."

>"...Interesting... I come from Europe as well..."
>>"What part of Europe do you come from, if you don't mind?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on August 31, 2022, 03:50:11 PM
>"We came from France."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on August 31, 2022, 04:48:00 PM
>"Ah... France...* I come from England, personally."

>"Well then, I believe I'm finished with my questions. If you no longer have anything else for me that I should know, we shall head to the Hakurei Shrine."


//* This is a nod to someone from the UK I've met saying that people there like to "make fun" of the French. I'm not personally knowledgeable about why that is, but I have my theories (such as the two countries' long resentment of each other in their history).
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 04, 2022, 06:42:00 AM
"No, that should be everything," Patchouli pauses. "If you are ever looking for a job the mansion is always hiring." The woman opens her book and begins to read.

Marisa's widen at the purple witch's words.  Lillian's mouth is open with coco dribbling down her clothes.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 05, 2022, 04:32:49 PM
>Turn to Lillian. "Well, it was lovely meeting you. I hope we can see each other again." Give her a sincere curtsy.

>Turn to Marisa. "Alright then, Marisa. Where is the Hakurei Shrine?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 05, 2022, 09:46:12 PM
Lillian returns your curtsy. "It was a blast meeting you."

"Right follow me." Marisa flies off on her broom at a moderate pace.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 12:53:40 AM
>Follow Marisa.

>While traveling to the shrine, survey the land as it passes by to get more familiar with Gensokyo.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 02:38:54 AM
>Marisa leads you across the misty lake.  Her path leads you between the city and the thick forest and towards a mountain.  Passing the city you notice a large thick grove of bamboo.

>Marisa's shouts in surprise.  The witch's broom hangs vertically in the air as the woman falls towards the ground.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 02:58:33 AM
>Marisa leads you across the misty lake.  Her path leads you between the city and the thick forest and towards a mountain.  Passing the city you notice a large thick grove of bamboo.

>How big is this city?

>Marisa's shouts in surprise.  The witch's broom hangs vertically in the air as the woman falls towards the ground.

//Do we know about the rule about flight in Gensokyo? That anyone can learn, and Marisa knows how but chooses not to?

>Dive down to (attempt to) catch Marisa.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 04:17:15 AM
>You do not

>Your fingers latch onto Marisa's shirt.  The woman falls slower for a moment more before she stops.

>"Aah, you were supposed to fall," Two women appear with Marisa's broom in one of the newcomer's hands.  You recognize the fairy clothes on them, but they are to fair to be sidhe or at least common sidhe.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 07:01:58 AM
>"Erm... hello. Before we introduce ourselves, could you please explain why you attacked this kleptomaniac magician?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 07:43:09 AM
The two women giggle.

>"We thought it would be funny, and we didn't attack."

>"Yep," The one with the broom agrees. "We just pushed her off her broom."

>"Sound like fairies," Marisa mutters under her breath.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 09:08:01 AM
>Examine the fairies.

>"Sound like fairies," Marisa mutters under her breath.

>Give Marisa the death glare.

>Snicker. "Well, I don't blame you. She certainly seems like a fun one to pick on."
>>"Anyway, I'm Elilia, a pleasure to meet you. And who might you two be?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 04:20:46 PM
>The fairies have pale skin and golden hair.  You recognize the clothing as a Welsh style.  They most likely are Gwragedd Annwn.

"Oy!" Marisa interjects.

>"We don't have names." The one without a broom comments.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 05:24:50 PM
>Do we have time to stop and talk? Not that it matters, since we're going to do it anyway.

>Continue to ignore Marisa, it's fun to tease her.

>"Well, maybe I could help with that. Have you thought about what you would like for a name?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 05:57:58 PM
>You do.

>"Eh, but the great fairies said names should be earned," The empty handed one says.

>"What about our names that aren't our names?" The broom thief questions.

>The other sticks her nose in the air, "We ain't no Mays."

Marisa looks from the adult fairies to you expectantly.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 06:35:33 PM
>Internally give in and whisper to Marisa. "Do you by any chance know these fairies?"

>To the fairies, "Names that aren't your names, you say? What might they be, if that's alright with you? Also, would you happen to know of a 'May' that looks similar to this magician?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 09:44:13 PM
Marisa whispers, "I never saw fairies like these."

"Alaw," Says the one with the broom.

"Gwen," replies the other.

The fairies' countenance sour at the witch fairy's description.

"We know her unluckily," Gwen folds her arms, "But we're not thieves like her!"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 10:00:46 PM
They most likely are Gwragedd Annwn.

"Alaw," Says the one with the broom.

"Gwen," replies the other.

//Ah, I see what you did there. That was clever.

>Smirk. "Well, if you're not thieves, then you should have no problem returning that broom to us."

>...Are we still holding Marisa?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 10:24:52 PM
>You are holding Marisa.

>"Sure," Alaw chucks the broom at Marisa.

>Marisa snaps her fingers.  The broom responds and flies towards Marisa's open hand.

>Gwen grins then throws a glamour at Marisa.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 10:39:28 PM
>"Thank you. Now, I have to ask, do you two come from Gensokyo? Because your clothing would suggest otherwise."

>Don't let go of Marisa. She might run off. Also, again, it's fun to tease her.
>>In what way are we currently holding Marisa?
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 11:07:26 PM
>You are holding onto the back of Marisa's vest
->The glamour hits Marisa before her body jerks down.
-->Marisa shakes her head, "Weird," Her broom slips from her hand.

>"Yep, we're older than the mansion fairies," Gwen nods.

"The nice lady gave us these," Alaw twirls.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 06, 2022, 11:20:12 PM
//What is the glamour supposed to be, by the way? Is it supposed to be the glamour spell?

>Catch the broom. It appears our hands are full.

>"'Nice lady'? Who would that be?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2022, 11:43:50 PM
//Yes, sorry if that wasn't obvious.

>You catch the broom with one hand before it goes back to lifting the heavy witch.
->"Hey, you can let go," Marisa says.
-->The ground is over fifty feet down.

>The fairies shrug, "She had a mirror that let's you become your reflection. If you ask, she might let you use it too."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 12:51:30 AM
>Say grimfully, "I'd choose your words more carefully next time, Ms. Kirisame. Unless you think you can survive that drop?"

>Think to ourselves, Stay calm. Stay calm. Act natural and stay calm. "O-oh, and where might this lady be?"

>"Also, was it my imagination, or did you just use glamour on this human?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2022, 01:10:51 AM
>Marisa raises an eyebrow, "Look we're just an inch above the ground," Her arm waves at the sixty foot drop.

Alaw frowns, "I don't know.  We met her on our way from youkai mountain. . . Oh, near the village.  She was coming out of the forest of magic."

"Yeah, I learned it when I touched my reflection!"  Gwen grins. "It is perfect for pranks."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 01:37:25 AM
>To Marisa, where the other two can't hear: "sigh Look, apparently they've met someone with a magic mirror. Not only that, but when they touched their reflection, they gained the same power of glamour I have. Therefore, it is certain that this is the same mirror that brought me here. They said they met her coming out of the Forest of Magic. Oh, and lastly, they most likely affected you with glamour to make a sixty foot drop look like a couple inches. For example..."
>>Drop Marisa for several inches before catching her with her broom, then handing it back.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2022, 07:33:45 AM
>Marisa gets on her broom before tentatively poking the air.  She whispers back, "Pretty nasty trick with the glamour.  In your case the 'reflection' became the person.  Did you wake up with fairy abilities?"

>"We're going to prank the flower master!" Gwen exclaims.

>"Yeah, she won't see it coming," Alaw does a fist pump in the air.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 02:08:16 PM
Did you wake up with fairy abilities?"

>Did we wake up with any "fairy abilities", other than what we already had?

>To Gwen and Alaw: "Well, you two have fun with that. It's about time for us to leave, but before we do, could you describe what the lady with the mirror looked like?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2022, 05:06:35 PM
>Thinking about "fairy abilities" you know how to fly with your wings, you can regenerate, make a home anywhere, and cause sunflowers to rapidly mature.

Gwen stands on her tip toes as she reaches out, "She was yeah tall with black hair."

Alaw measures next to her a size a little taller than Marisa, "That was our old bodies, and she had brown hair
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 05:47:58 PM
>To Marisa: "Well... yes, although I already was a different type of fairy before I came here. While there are a few new abilities, the only notable attribute are these wings."

>Again to Marisa: "Would you know anyone that would be slightly taller than you, brown hair, and would have had business in the Forest of Magic?"

>To the fairies: "Alright, but what I was looking for was how they were dressed. What were they wearing?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2022, 07:10:19 PM
//I just want to clarify that the abilities listed in the last post are new to you
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 07:50:20 PM
>To Marisa: "Well... yes, although I already was a different type of fairy before I came here. While there are a few new abilities, the only notable attribute are these wings."

//That's what I thought, but I modified the post to be a little more clear. I figured flight would outshine most other things, so that's why I only mentioned the wings.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2022, 08:17:10 PM
//I just wanted to make sure

>"Tch, that makes things a lot worse," Marisa clicks her tongue. 
>Again to Marisa: "Would you know anyone that would be slightly taller than you, brown hair, and would have had business in the Forest of Magic?"
"Sounds like that newcomer."

Alaw rubs her chin, "She had a cape that covered her head.  Ooh, she was wearing a white robe! Does that help?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 07, 2022, 08:28:16 PM
>To the fairies, "Thank you. This will help greatly. Now, I believe we should be leaving, so goodbye. It was nice meeting you.

>"Newcomer, huh? Perhaps tell me about it on the way to the shrine, unless you prefer checking out this mysterious woman at the Forest of Magic."
>>Let Marisa decide where we should go first.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 08, 2022, 02:51:12 AM
>"Good pranking!" The duo wave to you as their forms turn translucent then vanish.

>Marisa thinks for a moment, "Probably best if we warn Reimu not to touch any weird mirrors."

>Marisa heads towards the shrine.
->"Her name's Kagerou.  She came in on the train not too long ago,"  Marisa strokes her chin. "Mostly keeps to herself."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 09, 2022, 03:48:42 PM
>"Fair enough. This mirror could turn out to be quite an issue."

>"An introvert, huh? I can relate. Despite being a maid, I enjoy my alone time."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 10, 2022, 06:29:21 AM
>"Oh? That's another to the list of beings that I know like alone time."

>You approach a small shrine with a young woman in a custom miko kimono.  She is currently sipping from cup.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 12, 2022, 05:26:32 PM
>"Marisa, what would happen if a random fairy such as myself approached the shrine maiden? If it would result in hostility, could you talk to her for me?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 14, 2022, 05:41:58 AM
>Marisa scratches her head as she thinks, "Mmm, depends on her mood.  She tends to be more indifferent."
->The witch adds as an afterthought, "Just don't get caught pranking her."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 14, 2022, 03:48:19 PM
>Examine the miko.

>Approach the shrine maiden.
>>"Um... hello. Might you be Ms. Hakurei?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 18, 2022, 04:18:25 PM
>Reimu gives you an annoyed look, "What do you want?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 18, 2022, 04:45:27 PM
>"I want to know if I am speaking to Ms. Reimu Hakurei. Though I suppose your attire would suggest that you are indeed her."
>>"I am Elilia". Offer a bow. "A pleasure to meet you."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 18, 2022, 08:49:55 PM
>Reimu clicks her tongue, "I am."
->The shrine maiden's eyes widen at your bow, "What?"

>"I know, but she isn't a fairy." Marisa says.
->Reimu cocks an eyebrow.
-->"We came to warn you. . ."

>The shrine maiden turns to you. "Explain."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 19, 2022, 02:23:33 PM
>"As I said, my name is Elilia. I am a fae of the sidhe race. If you don't know already, fairies are a type of fae, so we are somewhat similar."
->"You will need to know that I am not from Gensokyo; Rather, I come from what you know as the outside world. I am not even from Japan, instead being near the area where the residents from the Scarlet Devil Mansion come from. Which leads me to why I am here."

>"Miss Patchouli Knowledge from the SDM suggested that Marisa and I come to visit you regarding my problem. You see, I arrived here under unusual circumstances. As I was escaping from a hostile group of humans, I came across a mirror and ran through it. That's how I ended up here in Gensokyo."
->"The reason we came to you was to ask if you know anything about this mirror. As we were making our way here, we came across a couple of fairies. It seems that they met an individual with a mirror that granted them new bodies and a certain ability that I have, called glamour."
-->"They said that they last saw her leaving the Forest of Magic. Based on their description of her, Marisa said that it is probably someone named Kagerou."

>"Now that I have explained all this, we also came to warn you not to touch this mirror. There is no telling what might happen to you if you do."

>"If you have any questions, feel free to ask." Smile warmly at her.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 25, 2022, 09:01:50 AM
>Reimu lets out a sigh before scratching the back of her neck, "What a bother."
->"The only mirror I can think of is the Kuiru Mirror, but that supposedly lead to another world or changed a person's personality."

>"You're still a fae, what's the issue?" Reimu stands up and pulls a small gohei from her sleeve. "If you want to go to the outside world I can open the barrier for you."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 26, 2022, 02:23:56 PM
>"Well, this mirror led me to this world, which is different from what I am used to."

>"There are a few issues that come up with me going back to the Outside World. First, I will probably arrive in Japan rather than where I come from. Second, I will have no idea what year I will arrive in, since I likely come from a further point in time than now. Third, I wish to have my original body back. Finally, I feel that the only way to set things right would be to confront Kagerou and question her based on my situation."

>"Basically, I need to solve this mystery before going back, if I still can in the first place."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2022, 08:06:40 PM
Reimu nods, "A lot of outsiders say that about Gensokyo, and yeah you'd wind up in Japan."

Marisa chuckles, "I've met a few outsiders that thought they went back in time.  Time moves about the same rate in here and out there. I think it was 2015 A.D. outside." Reimu raises an eyebrow at Marisa. "Some of Patchouli's books require converting the dates."

"Fine, just don't get in my way," Reimu half-heartedly says.
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 26, 2022, 09:11:01 PM
>"...So I went back in time by about 250 years... This mirror may be more powerful than I thought. If that's the case, then we're likely dealing with something beyond our current understanding."
->"You know, if this mirror is really that powerful, wouldn't it disturb this world? If so, then I would expect the Hakurei Shrine Maiden to do something about it, or at least someone that protects Gensokyo."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 28, 2022, 08:42:51 PM
>Girls looks at you with sparkling eyes

>"Dohumansliveforeverwhatsthefuturelikewhatsgensokyo. . ." Marisa asks before getting smacked by a gohei.

>"Later, Marisa," Reimu turns to you. "Yeah, I get it.  I'll investigate."  The shrine maiden floats up and the air and begins to fly the direction you came.

>Marisa frowns, "Reimu's the best youkai exterminator in Gensokyo.  With her intuition she'll solve the incident, just a question of when so don't worry."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 28, 2022, 11:24:32 PM
>"Well, I still feel uneasy, but I will leave this to her for now."

>Chuckle a little. "You want to know what the future's like, do you now? Well, we seem to have time to spare, so ask away."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 29, 2022, 12:47:35 AM
>"Do humans no longer age?  How did you survive in the outside world for so long? Do they actually have radio towers as tall as mountains?"
->Marisa taps her chin, "Humans still don't believe in youkai, right?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 29, 2022, 03:52:22 PM
>Do humans no longer age in our time?
->She has a point. How did we survive for ~200 years after the Great Revival?

>"I'd have to think about that first question, but I can answer the others."
->"I also don't quite remember how I survived for around 200 years, I'll explain something after I answer the next questions.

>"Yes, probably even at this time, there are radio towers that are as tall as at least small mountains, but in my time they are quite tall."
->"Almost every human in my time doesn't believe in anything involving magic or anything supernatural. They only believe in their own technology. As a result, they have almost certainly stopped believing in youkai for many, many years.

>"Now, I need to provide some backstory. I have died before. I once was a fae serving a fae noble as a maid, hence my familiarity with the Scarlet Devil Mansion fairy operations. Before I tell you how I died, I need to let you know that the metal known as iron is very toxic to me. If I even touch it, I will lose my magic temporarily. With longer exposure, it could even kill me.
->"I was killed in 1603 A.D. when a human stabbed me with an iron sword. I never found out why he killed me. But, after I had died, I was suddenly alive again."

>"In about 40-50 years from now, an event called the Great Revival will happen. This event revived countless lives, named and unnamed. I have no idea what caused it, all I knew was that I was alive again."

>"Are you with me so far?"
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: Philosopher on September 29, 2022, 07:18:26 PM
>The humans you've interacted with have said they don't age and they didn't seem to age in the decades you knew them and their descendants.
->Mostly you took human supplies when it suited you, traded with humans and youkai after you got interested in technology, and generally avoided dangerous youkai.

Marisa nods, "I'll hit up Komachi later."
->"Right, you wouldn't know her.  She's a lazy shinigami."
Title: Re: An Out of Context Incident
Post by: OkuuFallout on September 30, 2022, 01:41:28 PM
>Wait, so there's youkai in Europe?

>"Ah, I remember now. Yes, as far as I could tell, humans don't seem to age in the future. That doesn't mean they're immortal though, it just means they don't die from natural causes."

>"I pretty much survived by interacting with humans and youkai only when I needed to or felt like it, and I avoided the more dangerous youkai."
->"Actually, now that I think about it, if it wasn't for the mirror, I would've been killed again. I'd have to thank Kagerou for that, at least."

>"Wait, when you say 'a shinigami', do you mean that she's like the Grim Reaper, and that there's more than one of them? And does she wield a scythe?"