Author Topic: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil  (Read 1200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:43 AM »
> You are Koakuma, Lesser Devil. You are employed as the assistant to a library, owned by Patchouli Knowledge. Here, in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, you've spent most of your time. Your worth hasn't been much more than the fairies that work here as maids, though Patchouli does acknowledge you more.
> You hail from Makai, and are likely a creation made by Shinki, the Goddess of Makai. Your main ability seems to be absorbing energy, usually from activities like fighting. You have others though, such as making a double of yourself and basic elemental magic. None near Patchouli's level, however...
> Something isn't right... You've felt this all before...
> Your morning has started off... strange... First, you woke up to an outlandish note in many different writing styles, explaining that Patchouli was kidnapped, and that the captor, or at least whoever wrote the note, wants you to overthrow Remilia.
> Second, the note actually seems to be true so far. Patchouli hasn't been seen anywhere in the library, nor by any of the fairy maids. You've just finished your own search of the library having found further duplicates of the note in your room... However, you seem to have less now, only possessing 3 notes...
> Definitely. You might need to Wake Up... It's never that easy... right? Maybe you could just... try? To simply "Wake Up"
> You are in your small room within the Scarlet Devil Mansion's Library. You're dressed in your usual. A black skirt and vest with a white shirt underneath, and a red tie between them.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:54 PM »
For anyone that browsed the previous iteration of the forum, this is not necessarily a simple reboot of the previous Koakuma Quest. I have been intentionally holding off so as to not dominate this game; even with this post, I do hope others participate in this game.

> Inventory
> Relationships
> Notable Past Conquests
> Time of day

> Examine our figure in detail.
> What happened to the other notes we found?


As requested...

> Wake up
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:54:21 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 02:38:59 AM »
For anyone that browsed the previous iteration of the forum, this is not necessarily a simple reboot of the previous Koakuma Quest. I have been intentionally holding off so as to not dominate this game; even with this post, I do hope others participate in this game.

> Inventory
> Relationships
> Notable Past Conquests
> Time of day

> Examine our figure in detail.
> What happened to the other notes we found?


As requested...

> Wake up
> You come to, recalling everything that has already happened.
> And yet, your surroundings don't change... Despite being through everything today and even further, you still stand here now.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:36:40 AM »
> What do we remember?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 03:42:46 AM »
> What do we remember?
> That Patchouli has been kidnapped, and who did it in the first place...
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 05:20:41 PM »
> Blink in confusion at these thoughts.
> Check the time.
> Check our internal energies for anything abnormal.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
> Last thing Patchouli did that we know of? Any kind of suspicious acquaintances of her that could maybe be suspected? Well, besides the burglar...
> A bit aside from the topic at hand, how are our quarters like?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »
> Blink in confusion at these thoughts.
> Check the time.
> Check our internal energies for anything abnormal.
> It's still early morning. You're probably not the first up, though.
> Nothing seems abnormal with yourself...
> Last thing Patchouli did that we know of? Any kind of suspicious acquaintances of her that could maybe be suspected? Well, besides the burglar...
> A bit aside from the topic at hand, how are our quarters like?
> She hasn't been doing anything apart from the usual lately. Though the "Visits" haven't been very frequent recently either.
> You have a simple room all to yourself~. It's... admittedly, very small, but bigger than a bathroom! Your bed takes up a lot of space, but there are "sections" of the room that you have. Your bed takes up less than half of the room. You have a corner and wall for things you'd need to get out of bed to do. The space between that and your bed holds your closet. On the other side of the room is the door into your room, and space that you've left open so as to fit something else when you decide on it.
> It's cozy.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »
> Is Remilia no longer inside us, then?
> Do we remember Marisa blasting a hole in the library wall while we were previously looking for Patchouli?
> If so, hurry out of our room and head to the part of the wall she destroyed.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
> That is, if any of those events happened at all.
> That said, what clues have we gathered so far that aren't simply the notes, if any? Do other notable residents from the mansion know about the disappearance of our Patche?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »
> Is Remilia no longer inside us, then?
> Do we remember Marisa blasting a hole in the library wall while we were previously looking for Patchouli?
> If so, hurry out of our room and head to the part of the wall she destroyed.
> That is, if any of those events happened at all.
> That said, what clues have we gathered so far that aren't simply the notes, if any? Do other notable residents from the mansion know about the disappearance of our Patche?
> You have no recollection of such.
> You do remember that, however...

> Clues you have come to know just now, or prior? If the latter, there are only the notes, and you wouldn't suspect Patchouli to be gone at all otherwise, since you haven't read them...
>_

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »
> Any past events too. Maybe something that has happened, but slipped under our noses as something mundane might have been something that could lead us to the culprit or Patchouli's whereabouts?
> What is the text of the notes exactly?
> Move outside the room while at it, storing the three notes in our pockets when done reading them. We aren't going to manage much by staying in our quarters.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »
> Do we have a tail? Let it hang free if so.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
> Do we have a tail? Let it hang free if so.
> Your tail usually rests freely.
> Any past events too. Maybe something that has happened, but slipped under our noses as something mundane might have been something that could lead us to the culprit or Patchouli's whereabouts?
> What is the text of the notes exactly?
> Move outside the room while at it, storing the three notes in our pockets when done reading them. We aren't going to manage much by staying in our quarters.
> You do note that the notes were revealed to be written by Flandre, and that she could likely be the suspect...
> You read the note, though you already know what it-

> "Things aren't always as you expect them to be. Don't get too comfortable♥"
> You blink, but the text from the note seems to be... back to what you foretold.

> "Good morning, my dear Koakuma. If you're reading this, thank you! You don't know how annoying it'd be if I had to make a bunch of copies and scatter them around your current residence in places that you would HAVE to read at least the big important bit. Actually... maybe you did skip reading it... In that case, I left some in other places too, in the end.
To be brief, I've kidnapped Patchouli Knowledge. She's in my possession.
Now that you know (hopefully), if you want her back you'll have to do a few things for me. First, overthrow Remilia Scarlet as the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. I'll contact you again in your success for the next part..."

> You head outside of your room, pocketing the notes.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
I'm inclined to simply absorb Remilia again (being smarter about it this time) but iirc you weren't a huge fan of that approach, so I'll defer to you.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
//Considering I didn't followed the previous quest after a point, I am not exactly sure how much does stuff get carried over here to make it seem like a start, while still retaining elements from the previous one to not necessarily need to start all over with those plot routes.
That said...

> What did our investigation entailed, besides no sight of Patchouli and getting more notes? What were the affairs with other residents that lead us to find out Flandre wrote the notes, if any? Did we ever questioned her motives for such?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »
//Considering I didn't followed the previous quest after a point, I am not exactly sure how much does stuff get carried over here to make it seem like a start, while still retaining elements from the previous one to not necessarily need to start all over with those plot routes.
That said...

> What did our investigation entailed, besides no sight of Patchouli and getting more notes? What were the affairs with other residents that lead us to find out Flandre wrote the notes, if any? Did we ever questioned her motives for such?
> It seemed like Flandre was bored and wanted to play a bit. As well as her wanting to gauge your ability.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 01:55:14 AM »
> Investigate the alleged hole in the wall that Alleged Marisa allegedly left.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »
> ... So much for the notes being anything useful if Flandre just made them for the sake of it after she saw Patchouli was gone. Then again, she MIGHT have done it... for whatever reason.
> Does Remilia know about this? And how Flandre is culprit of the notes?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »
> Investigate the alleged hole in the wall that Alleged Marisa allegedly left.
> ... So much for the notes being anything useful if Flandre just made them for the sake of it after she saw Patchouli was gone. Then again, she MIGHT have done it... for whatever reason.
> Does Remilia know about this? And how Flandre is culprit of the notes?
> You don't believe Remilia knows of either.
> You check for the hole that should be in the library...
> Yep... She's probably already in here somewhere...
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »
> So there is a hole?
> Try closing our eyes and locating energies throughout the room.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »
> Fairy maids around?
>> If such is not the case, any kind of weird sounds around? The echo of the library should help us realize Marisa's position if she is taking any books, and even more now that Patche is not around to stop her.
>> And, if it helps, try to locate the sounds when we close our eyes. That should help on that if nothing else really works.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 11:50:31 AM »
> So there is a hole?
> Try closing our eyes and locating energies throughout the room.
> Fairy maids around?
>> If such is not the case, any kind of weird sounds around? The echo of the library should help us realize Marisa's position if she is taking any books, and even more now that Patche is not around to stop her.
>> And, if it helps, try to locate the sounds when we close our eyes. That should help on that if nothing else really works.
> Yes.
> No fairy maids are near you immediately. You do hear some quiet steps far from your position. Though there are other steps too, such as closer towards your room. This doesn't help as much...

> You close your eyes and try to feel for energies. But nothing seems to be nearby and notable...
>_

Tashi

  • As a Stranger I Remain
    • Twitter
    • Tashi#7434
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 12:13:27 PM »
> How long do energies stay once they happen? Does it vary, I assume?
> Do other people normally (or when they are magically proficient like Patchouli) exude energy, even when they are doing something as mundane as walking or... simply being there? If so, in the times Marisa has been around, did we got a feeling for her energies at those times and remember it?

> If we haven't to the above, then take flight for an eagle view of the site... as best as we can, anyway. Those shelves aren't exactly cooperative in this situation.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
> How long do energies stay once they happen? Does it vary, I assume?
> Do other people normally (or when they are magically proficient like Patchouli) exude energy, even when they are doing something as mundane as walking or... simply being there? If so, in the times Marisa has been around, did we got a feeling for her energies at those times and remember it?

> If we haven't to the above, then take flight for an eagle view of the site... as best as we can, anyway. Those shelves aren't exactly cooperative in this situation.
> Well, you can tell when they're moving if you find them. It's not like a radar that you have to ping again.
> To you, it's just sensing the energy within them. You don't think there's anyone alive you wouldn't be able to notice in this way, and even some dead aren't safe from you!
> Yes, you do remember Marisa's energies. For better or for worse...
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 09:35:55 PM »
> Do we feel Marisa's energies amidst the crowd?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 01:19:17 AM »
> Do we feel Marisa's energies amidst the crowd?
> You don't feel any energies near you, but do hear people around in the library.
>_

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 01:28:49 AM »
> Anyone of interest, or just fairy maids?
> Do they seem to be congregated anywhere in particular?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Branneg Xy

  • JHSMI+++
  • +MMHT
    • Branneg Xy
    • LINKEDIN (FREE) PROFILE
  • Gender: Male
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 11:50:19 AM »
I'm inclined to simply absorb Remilia again (being smarter about it this time) but iirc you weren't a huge fan of that approach, so I'll defer to you.

//If by "smart " you are indicating coming to and improving upon  a necessary, essential,low-revealing agreement,approval  explanation and with a sort of plan with Remilia, we could all agree and could even try said improvements, at least moderately for starters balancement,  as of the now and as of the parts directly-continued&carried-over frome the previous,  on the now Archive-Forum,
" Koakuma Quest Stage 1" //

// More precisely this  " early important RPG decision/actions/first effects" can be back-confronted there
, even if before I had taken part as a player but still fully read , between the period of past the beginning pages, and the initial Marisa-Event,  and around the 1st half of the RPG topic //
Almost Mahjong Online Flash Touhou Game
( up to 4 among vs Com or vs Players )
 http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/
- Touhou " Jan Mahjan " Almost Mahjong -

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
Re: Koakuma Quest - Lesser Devil
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
> Anyone of interest, or just fairy maids?
> Do they seem to be congregated anywhere in particular?
> You can only hear these sounds. No one is within sight, nor near enough to feel their energies.
>_