Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473314 times)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 2)
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
Oh derp Air Base also stops cops and such.

Which makes it even worse on a Town player; but does support the 'I picked it so mafia didn't' claim. I still think it's not Town to claim Air Base.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
I thought NK won so long as everyone is dead?

Oh yeah NK wins if literally everyone else dies via MAD as well. But a dead NK cannot control that. Also this means the final players need to die simultaneously if I recall?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #602 on: June 10, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »
that's a lie.

it's true that you implied that believed the role would protect you from nukes, but you already spoke of it in the context on preventing you from getting nightkilled before that.

carrier =/= air base

and no im trying to rationalize myself why i picked air base

i simply dont remember

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #603 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »
OK so:

1: Deadline is while I'm sleeping. I won't be awake at 2am. Sorry.

2: I actually almost forgot Daiya was in the game.

3: I'm not too sure about the merits of a hard 1v1 between Zwerd and Yaer. Perhaps if we're in a hard 1v1 situation, we should use power roles to help determine the correct course of action, and lynch the player that is pretty much universally considered to be a likly 3rd party; Nucleus.

4: But then again there's the argument of nukes on players like Beru, Nucleus and maybe even Daiya. But I'm not really big on the nuke meta.

But why would mafia pick a bulletproof when the only thing it saves them from is North Korea? Surely Mafia would prioritize other Power Roles. Even Nukes over BP because they know 100% who is not aligned with them so can just launch nukes at will.

If anything Bulletproof is a NK pick to stop them from being killed by the Mafia since their wincon is specifically their own survival...

Wait a second.

:v

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #604 on: June 10, 2020, 04:42:43 PM »

It’s the only answer a Townie can give at this point that rhymes with “I claimed asap”.

Kinda wish you’d come up with something convoluted that’d make it easy to say, “Ah yeah, 100% scum” but never an easy road, huh.

Cut by Rai. Air Base also immunes against everything but nukes, so immune investigative roles, too.

oh my god im a derp

i mean investigatives are hardly relevant here besides fighter though

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #605 on: June 10, 2020, 04:52:43 PM »
Yeah going deeper into this:

1: Claiming Air Base as Town just stops mafia shooting you and makes them shoot other townies. Especially as Nukes [And I would expect Mafia to have picked at least one] bypass the defence. Claiming a Silo would be far superior as a Town standpoint, unless you are specifically counter-claiming.

2: Since Nukes bypass Air Base anyway, why would you pick it as Town? Did you miss out on several other PR's? Even then, I'd argue Defensive Silo is superior

3: As I mentioned before; North Korea has to be alive to win; so declareing you are Air Base to discourage Mafia shooting you in the first place seems like a very NK stance tbh. Same with picking Air Base. No other player would immediately lose the game if nightkilled; except North Korea.

1. correct. i believed i would be an important enough asset to merit grabbing a bulletproof role. obviously, i was wrong

2. read 1

3. north korea does *not* have to be alive to win. lmao.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #606 on: June 10, 2020, 04:53:02 PM »
what was your priority list for the role picks?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
what was your priority list for the role picks?

i was about to post this one sec

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #608 on: June 10, 2020, 04:55:52 PM »
1. air base

2. aircraft carrier

3. espionage

4. battleship

5. fighter

6. eavesdrop

7. radar

8. submarine

9. failsafe

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #609 on: June 10, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
addendum:

"if i get none of these, rand me nuclear missile silo"

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #610 on: June 10, 2020, 05:02:09 PM »
> picks all 9 roles

> if I don't get any of these, give me the missile silo

???

???

???

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #611 on: June 10, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »
> picks all 9 roles

> if I don't get any of these, give me the missile silo

???

???

???

How many players were in the game at the start again?

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #612 on: June 10, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
Please hear me out.

The default is missile silo.

You said, "Give me literally anything else, and if not, you can give me missile silo."

It's legit the only possible result if you didn't manage to get anything else.

If you do not successfully choose another role, you will default to missile silo in nuclear launch mode.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #613 on: June 10, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
Like, that's not a scumread or anything but just me poking at you over something that's a little silly, since even without the addendum you woulda gotten missile silo if you didn't get "literally any other role."

The most pertinent info there is that you'd rather have had literally any other role before missile silo, and that you wanted Air Base because you felt you'd be a huge asset... then proceeded to spend the better part of the game moping because Dormio voted you and being generally lethargic because "effort put in is disproportionate to chance of winning the game."

If you got the role you wanted because you thought you'd be an asset, why did you pointedly NOT behave as an asset despite getting that desired role?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #614 on: June 10, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
On an unrelated note, I've realized why I was so demotivated.

It's because the amount of effort I put in is vastly disproportionate to the odds that we win the game.

But I've decided to accept that. Let's accept the future.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2020, 05:18:17 PM »
Like, that's not a scumread or anything but just me poking at you over something that's a little silly, since even without the addendum you woulda gotten missile silo if you didn't get "literally any other role."

The most pertinent info there is that you'd rather have had literally any other role before missile silo, and that you wanted Air Base because you felt you'd be a huge asset... then proceeded to spend the better part of the game moping because Dormio voted you and being generally lethargic because "effort put in is disproportionate to chance of winning the game."

If you got the role you wanted because you thought you'd be an asset, why did you pointedly NOT behave as an asset despite getting that desired role?

hindsight is 20/20

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #616 on: June 10, 2020, 07:00:44 PM »
Oh yeah NK wins if literally everyone else dies via MAD as well. But a dead NK cannot control that. Also this means the final players need to die simultaneously if I recall?
There is a grace period during endgame to allow sufficient time for a nuke to land.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #617 on: June 10, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »
So at maximum I'm only around for 3 1/2 more hours, and that's maximum. It's more likly ~2 1/2.

But hey I managed to at least find something to post some sort of crazy thing about [Zwerd NK?]

But seriously I need to decide which of Zwerd; Nucleus or Yaer I'm consolidating on.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #618 on: June 10, 2020, 08:43:57 PM »
DEFCON 2, Lynch Phase
Vote Count November

zwerdjib (4) - Dormio,  Raikaria, Serela, Zoomy Tsugumi, Yaersulf, Daiya
Yaersulf (3) -  NucleusWaffles, zwerdjib, Raikaria, meow56, Zoomy Tsugumi
NucleusWaffles (1) - Yaersulf, Bardiche
Serela (0) - Bardiche
Raikaria (0) - Zoomy Tsugumi
meow56 (0) - Yaersulf
Bardiche (0) - Serela, Yaersulf
Zoomy Tsugumi (0) -
Beru (0) - 
Daiya (0) -
Dormio (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Beru, meow56, Zoomy Tsugumi

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

[ Expired ]

I still need a replacement for Beru
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #619 on: June 10, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »
I likely won't be around for deadline due to work, and if I do manage to get on, I'll be on my phone so activity will be limited regardless.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2020, 10:15:21 PM »
i have like 20 minutes

i've already skimmed through everything

i will probably not be back before deadline

ok uh let's do this

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »
Re:meow
Serela - Seems very sure that there are 4+ town vigs, which doesn't sound right. You'd think town would end up favoring power roles to nukes... Also giving me a lot of newbie cred, though once again under the assumption that we can just nuke me in the end. Though also seems to think nuking me would be a coin toss. Made a case against Bardiche, also willing to lynch zwerdjib. Overall leaning scum
In the first time DEFcon was hosted, town had 3~4 PRs. Scum/ITP were all PRs. So town had 5 nukes, granted some died by then. 3~4 town nukes is pretty likely.

re:bard
On a re-read I really just don't like this line. It's commenting on the Dormio/Zwerd spat, while covering his base to vote Zwerdjib later on if it seems Dormio'll get traction... while at the same time making it easy to clear Zwerd with a "I decided he's Town" read.
this was like mid d1, I'm supposed to have a clear read on everyone already?

Then you nitpick that zwerd is not someone I'm interested in lynching while we're CLOSE TO D1 DEADLINE AND NEED TO CONSOLIDATE, because, uh... of course I don't want to lynch someone I don't have a read on over people I think are actually scum. How is this bad of me.

And then you suggest it's scummy that I change my read on zwerd d2 after zwerd spends two days laying in a pile doing literally nothing because dormio voted him. Like. The dude gave me ample reason to change my mind. Also, you're complaining that I finally got a read on zwerd after complaining I didn't get one faster???? I'm so confused about your case on me, Bard. :C

On the upside the later reasoning I guess is less "this is scummy of serela" and more "this looks like scum bussing" so I guess I only need to worry about defending against it if he flips scum, but, uh, I think he's GOING to flip scum which is why I'm voting him, so

re:Zwerd
It wasn't a vote hop. I telegraphed it all day that I was developing a significant scumread on you. I even said I'd be voting you if I wasn't voting bard. It was already most of the way through the day and time to consolidate. My current vote had no traction. Of course I swapped votes.

brb cookies in oven

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2020, 10:27:06 PM »
i don't think we should vote waffles because i think he's more likely to flip ITP than scum and plenty of people are on board with him getting nuked tomorrow. If he turns out to be a missile silo in defensive mode someone can just nuke him again. For an actual lynch it's best to aim for the scummy scum scum.

Well, I guess if we lynched ITP it removes a nightkill actually, but itp hunting is also uh, difficult and weird, because do they REALLY post that much differently than they would as town? They don't have buddies or know who scum are, they need scum dead too, etc. this is actually a legitimate question I'm not sure

errr ok yaer vs zwerd. they both suddenly jumped into action when put under fire, uhh lets see here

« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »
Vote zwerdijib

work reasons to lynch scum

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »
On gut I think zwerd's complete flailing in relation to his role and how and why he chose it suggests he's town

logically, I think he's probably scum and the meta matches up with his previous scum game

life is hard

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #625 on: June 10, 2020, 10:35:49 PM »
i think yaer's doing ok for a newbie but the d2 hasn't been as much of a town lean as their d1 was

however d2 did kind of hardcore stall out until the very end in general, tbh

i wouldn't entirely mind their lynch but I'm not like super interested in it either so it's really more on how I feel about zwerd for where I consolidate towards here

DO I GO WITH GUT OR LOGIC AAAA I'M SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING IN A MINUTE

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #626 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:20 PM »
going off which wagon has town reads on it isn't really helping because my hard town reads are only like, zoomy and rai and they're one on each

I typed up that i'd go with my gut and put in a vote on yaer, but it just felt wrong and i won't be back to revaluate probably

i'm gonna stick with what makes sense and stay on zwerd

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2020, 11:09:40 PM »
I'm awake, and still wanting to remove either Zwerd or Yaer.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2020, 11:11:58 PM »
Although if I look off of who is on what wagon the only answer that makes sense is Zwerd since Yaer's wagon is two of my scumreads and a null-leaning town lol

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #629 on: June 10, 2020, 11:19:50 PM »
##Vote: Zwerdjib
This just seems like the optimal option, good chance of flipping scum and the flip will give us probably the most connection tells out of all 3 options. A good heft of my townreads are pushing this too.