Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 484243 times)

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)
« Reply #660 on: June 12, 2020, 06:28:44 AM »
Zoomy and Dormio I'm curious, at this point who are your townreads? Seeing as you seem to be burning bridges and casting suspicion upon each other.
Everyone who isn't you two and Raik atm, lol
Ik this doesn't account for the SK but honestly I have no idea what I'm looking for w/ finding them anyway so I'm just praying this Nucleus nuke is a correct shot on the SK because otherwise I will have to think about who it is and my brain does not want to handle that at the moment.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #661 on: June 12, 2020, 06:35:52 AM »
Paranoia!Dorm is still having trouble getting over what I see as holding the raikaria lynch in reserve.
anyway i think they call this irony

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #662 on: June 12, 2020, 06:36:59 AM »
?

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #663 on: June 12, 2020, 06:39:11 AM »
You critiqued me for keeping a lynch in reserve but in the process of getting off me you left doubt that you were fully convinced, aka setting up a way back on me down the track, aka keeping my lynch in reserve too.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #664 on: June 12, 2020, 06:40:36 AM »
Oh, I'm dismissing my concerns regarding you as paranoia that was fueled by me literally not knowing about the post in which you built up your main suspicion of Yaersulf.

« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2020, 07:04:39 AM »
Dormio, please do me just one thing and tell me you are town.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #666 on: June 12, 2020, 07:05:53 AM »
Hi, I'm town.

« Reply #667 on: June 12, 2020, 07:06:20 AM »
I was clearly saved by a doctor, time to nuke people out of orbit.

##Nuke: Yaersulf

« Reply #668 on: June 12, 2020, 07:12:28 AM »
Last words, I am going to die, but remember this is where the game is just beginning.

My townie PoV feels that Serela can be scum with improved play but unlikely, and I am townclearing Zoomy and Raikaria.

These townclears can backfire on us, so be really careful.

My scum reads feel like Bardiche. I am not as sus on Dormio now because he has a nuke, and a SK lurker. Lurkers are hard to take out, but slay the hydra head one by one.

Have faith, have determination and we will win, don't get blinded by the scum NK too much. It is possible I was saved, possible SK omitted a NK, possible scum targeted scum because all scum got silos.

Most importantly, stay cool and don't paranoid, I think Dormio spreading paranoia is really scummy, so with the nuke going Yaersulf's way, I would lynch Dormio otherwise.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2020, 07:13:16 AM »
☢ In-Game Event ☢
DEFCON 1

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XC-64 , currently commanded by NucleusWaffles.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory . . .
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to Yaersulf.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Saturday, June 14, 3:12:20 AM EDT

[ Expired ]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:26:21 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2020, 07:28:02 AM »
DEFCON 1, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Papa

Yaersulf (2) - Zoomy Tsugumi, Dormio
Bardiche (1) - Serela
Zoomy Tsugumi (0) - Dormio
NucleusWaffles (0) -
Serela (0) -
Raikaria (0) -
meow56 (0) -
Daiya (0) -
Dormio (0) -

Not Voting (6) -  meow56, Yaersulf, Daiya, NucleusWaffles, Raikaria, Bardiche

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch.

Timers:
End of Phase - [ Expired ]
☢NucleusWaffles☢ - [ Expired ]
☢Yaersulf☢ - [ Expired ]
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »
Damn it, I wanted to wait until Dormio's nuke was locked in but fine. There's three main ways to die in this game and it could be any of them that I'm going to die to today so I may as well lay all my cards on the table.

I'm American Espionage.

N1 - Is Raikaria russian? No. (Important note: could still be third party)
N2 - Is Dormio russian? YES!

Honestly I kind of regret taking espionage now because I feel like I'm getting myself killed earlier than I should have due to my inexperience but well, hopefully I've managed to set things up so that my death helps town to actually win. Even if I die here I'll flip town and you'll get Dormio. Especially if Nucleus is third party that gives us a decent chance.

As to why I chose those two I figured that my role would be best used to hunt for scum that would be hard for people to hunt otherwise, i.e more experienced players. You'll notice that D2 I was probably unnaturally confident in defending Raikaria, this is because I knew that he's not scum. And my insistence on lynching Zwerd even if it meant me getting lynched today was in part because I genuinely thought Zwerd was scum, but also because I wanted to get one more use of my role before dying, either clearing or catching Dormio would both be good outcomes. You'll see that I kind of hinted that I was going to cop Dormio N2 when I threw out the wild claim that he might be scum due to us having trouble finding scum and that therefore possibly meaning that that's because the scum are experienced.

Whether or not you believe me is up to you but hopefully I've set things up well enough so that it doesn't matter either way.

« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2020, 07:37:00 AM »
By the way getting to watch that spat between Zoomy and Dormio while knowing that Dormio was scum was good television.

« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »
Knowing all that here's my analysis of where we stand:

Yaersulf - Town
Nucleus - Probably third party
Serela - ?
Raik - Town with very low chance of third party
Meow - ?
Bard - ?
Zoomy - Pretty safe to call this one town, especially seeing interactions with Dormio at the start of today
Daiya - ?
Dormio - Scum

Therefore we need to focus our efforts on analysing those ?s. I think Serela or Meow is most likely but there's nothing ruling Bard and Daiya out either.

« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2020, 07:42:14 AM »
Oh and of course:

##Vote: Dormio

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #675 on: June 12, 2020, 07:45:36 AM »
Ugh I hate that I believe this because I was so convinced but this validates my dormio read and you're dying anyway so
##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #676 on: June 12, 2020, 07:49:38 AM »
I hate using my mobile at work.

If Dormio flips scum before today ends I will stop the nuke.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #677 on: June 12, 2020, 07:49:50 AM »
What.

« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2020, 07:52:21 AM »
Dormio physically can't flip scum before the nuke lands unless we lynch him in less than an irl day :v

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »
Are you actually trying to out yourself as scum with Yaersulf or something?
Like I appreciate that Yaersulf did us all the favour of outing himself so quickly but are you seriously going to 180 that hard and basically claim to be Yaersulf's buddy?

« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2020, 07:55:33 AM »
You know Dormio it's kind of funny because you're going to get to have some fun with the fact that the entire period between Nucleus' nuke locking in and the end of the day you get to say whatever you want but none of it will matter because you're being lynched anyway.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #681 on: June 12, 2020, 07:58:16 AM »
I don't think it's wise to call off this nuke unfortunately.
If Yaer is telling the truth then we have a confirmed scum to lynch.
If Yaer isn't telling the truth we will know in 48 hours and it would mean he's lying scum.
If we call it off now, the possibility of it being a scum gambit will still be there.
So either way if it goes through there's a guarantee of getting scum and only a 50% chance of hitting town. It's a worthy risk.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #682 on: June 12, 2020, 08:00:34 AM »
What made you cop Raik anyway?

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #683 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »
Oh wait I read again and you wanted to look into ones that would be hard to catch. Yea that makes sense.

« Reply #684 on: June 12, 2020, 08:04:05 AM »
I copped Raik because D1 I thought that his interactions and the way people talked about him would give us good information if he was scum, in addition to what I said earlier about preferring experienced players as tartgets because we'd be more likely to catch less experienced players naturally.

Fun thing to note by the way: D1-D2 Dormio hard pushed one person that he knew was town (Zwerd) and used that to avoid talking about anything else. It was interesting knowing he was scum and watching him try to start tunneling Zoomy at the start of today only to back off and go for the easier target (me) when he realised that it wasn't going to work.

Cut by Zoomy

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #685 on: June 12, 2020, 08:08:55 AM »
I guess that means that it's time to play the waiting game.
See you all in two days where we get to see that, apparently, paranoia!Dorm should always be trusted.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #686 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:36 AM »
@Serela: Trying to fish for the doctor so overtly? That's... fascinating. Threatening with nukes is cute but remember that nuking everyone in the game is the SK wincon.

That said, Yaersulf claiming Espionage on Dormio focuses minds completely, and I don't suppose we can be satisfied with any other lynch.

Nucleus, if you're Town, please recall that nuke. If we lynch Dormio and he flips Town, we can always nuke Yaersulf after. Almost want to propose turbo-lynching Dormio so Nucleus can call off the nuke during Night Phase if Dormio flips Scum (since Dormio nuking Nucleus is almost 80% sure they're not in cahoots, or it's a gambit with balls the size of Jupiter), though an SK Nucleus wouldn't call off his nuke anyway.

But I'd like to save Yaer if we can.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #687 on: June 12, 2020, 08:10:44 AM »
You can't recall nukes during the night.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #688 on: June 12, 2020, 08:12:28 AM »
Well that sucks.

« Reply #689 on: June 12, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
I'm torn on this, on one hand keeping me alive would be good because it would mean that we'd get to keep our cop. On the other hand convincing Nucleus to call off the nuke then changing the target of the lynch to someone other than Dormio is the only viable way for scum to save Dormio.