Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 841221 times)

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #1410 on: April 20, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »
Also sb can you go over tbz?

I haven’t really been happy with him being so passive and inactive this game and I imagine these are all signs of him being scum. My biggest problem is that it would mean Bardiche is scum and I’m not sure how to reconcile that.

« Reply #1411 on: April 20, 2020, 11:18:32 PM »
For rai:

So the case is also that they have a weird case on you/BBM/Yaersulf? That case actually made me like him more because like... it's not solid by any means, but he was pushing it consistently and it seems too bizarre for scum to concoct. It feels like he actually has belief in his case which I wouldn't expect to find from scum. I could definitely see him as crazy third party, but I think that if he planned to claim ever (he wasn't under pressure) he surely would've talked to his scumteam about it first? Where is the scum benefit in claiming to have targeted Daiya? We had a pseudo-tracker flip already and I believe masons had claimed by that time, I don't see why he would just... not talk to his buddies and pick out a target that makes more sense.

« Reply #1412 on: April 20, 2020, 11:19:25 PM »

Poke me if I haven't done this in like 20 minutes, I want to try and get through something else before rai sleeps.

« Reply #1413 on: April 20, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »
@rai, on Serela:

I think Serela is scum because his pushes haven't felt solid to me. They've felt like gut-jerk reactions to recent events (at the time of making the vote) which makes him feel aimless to me, like he doesn't really care about his suspicions. Last game, Serela tried really hard even when the gamestate frankly sucked and I'm not feeling that same kind of commitment or want to find the scumteam here. It also doesn't help that Zwerd was effectively the only one suspecting Serela to my knowledge, and he got bopped N1 instead of the claimed Masons, or even BBM.

There isn't a big slam-dunk post to latch onto, he just doesn't feel like town.

« Reply #1414 on: April 20, 2020, 11:24:04 PM »

I haven’t really been happy with him being so passive and inactive this game and I imagine these are all signs of him being scum. My biggest problem is that it would mean Bardiche is scum and I’m not sure how to reconcile that.

Why did you have Bard as town, out of curiosity?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1415 on: April 20, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »
For rai:

So the case is also that they have a weird case on you/BBM/Yaersulf? That case actually made me like him more because like... it's not solid by any means, but he was pushing it consistently and it seems too bizarre for scum to concoct. It feels like he actually has belief in his case which I wouldn't expect to find from scum. I could definitely see him as crazy third party, but I think that if he planned to claim ever (he wasn't under pressure) he surely would've talked to his scumteam about it first? Where is the scum benefit in claiming to have targeted Daiya? We had a pseudo-tracker flip already and I believe masons had claimed by that time, I don't see why he would just... not talk to his buddies and pick out a target that makes more sense.

It's also the timing of his claim.

Waffles makes a case with the point of 'Rolefishing'

Polaris asks for him to claim at 2/7

He does so with no resistance.

Do you see the problem here? It is the definition of inconsistency.

@rai, on Serela:

I think Serela is scum because his pushes haven't felt solid to me. They've felt like gut-jerk reactions to recent events (at the time of making the vote) which makes him feel aimless to me, like he doesn't really care about his suspicions. Last game, Serela tried really hard even when the gamestate frankly sucked and I'm not feeling that same kind of commitment or want to find the scumteam here. It also doesn't help that Zwerd was effectively the only one suspecting Serela to my knowledge, and he got bopped N1 instead of the claimed Masons, or even BBM.

There isn't a big slam-dunk post to latch onto, he just doesn't feel like town.

Is there something in particular which makes the pushes seem not solid? If you could highlight an example or two? Because as I said; I've not picked this up.

I really don't like bringing up meta.

I did bring up that Zwejd suspected Serela a bit earlier when I was looking for people who might have a motive for killing him, if I recall. That is my main thing I have on Serela, but it's not so large right now I was thinking of heavily pushing it, I wanted to see what happened N2 before really pushing on that.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1416 on: April 20, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »
Votecount
NucleusWaffles (4): Yaersulf, PX, Serela, raikaria
Serela (4): NekoNekoRex, sb, Fabloo, Disquieted
Disquieted (2): banana spritzee, Tom
Daiya (1): BigBangMeteor
raikaria (1): NucleusWaffles
sb (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Tom (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:26:40 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1417 on: April 20, 2020, 11:28:05 PM »
His conviction when pushing Tom felt real.

Let’s tiptoe around the point as well and point out that he seemed genuinely upset when he was trying to scumhunt and getting hurt for it.

I’m trying to think around that cause TBZ is terrible. But it’s hard to.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1418 on: April 20, 2020, 11:28:58 PM »
So rai are you ok with Serela lynched or not?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1419 on: April 20, 2020, 11:29:11 PM »
Tom is very easy to push though because has near-zero game content
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1420 on: April 20, 2020, 11:30:54 PM »
Tom is very easy to push though because has near-zero game content

This was on Day 1 when Tom was actually trying.

I’m referring to Bardiche, to be clear.

« Reply #1421 on: April 20, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
His conviction when pushing Tom felt real.

Let’s tiptoe around the point as well and point out that he seemed genuinely upset when he was trying to scumhunt and getting hurt for it.

I’m trying to think around that cause TBZ is terrible. But it’s hard to.

Mmm. So my read on that situation was that Bard felt attacked as a person rather than as a player and that's why he was so upset, and that part doesn't have anything to do with alignment. Ymmv though.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1422 on: April 20, 2020, 11:33:36 PM »
I must have trouble separating the two, cause I felt they were one and the same. I’ll definitely consider that though.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1423 on: April 20, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »
sigh. serela should claim.

i don't fully understand the raikaria - serela link cuz i don't feel like his posts about serela have been very different than my posts about serela? i suppose raikaria is trying to push the counterwagon more than me tho.

i agree that i think bard would have gotten upset as either alignment.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1424 on: April 20, 2020, 11:35:28 PM »
So rai are you ok with Serela lynched or not?

I will vote Serela if people actually convince me it is the better option, or it becomes absolutely clear that Waffles will not be lynched, because I would consider No Lynch a worse option than lynching Serela.

I am willing to lynch Serela, but honestly I'm a little unsure on the wagon due to the general lack of caseing on Serela; Fabloo's aggression towards me and Serela; and this sudden unexplained 'If Serela flips red Raikaria is red'; which people aren't elaborateing on even when I ask.

I mean, how is it going to convince me to vote Serela when you say 'If Serela is scum Raikaria gets lynched next'. That's a lose/lose for me.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1425 on: April 20, 2020, 11:36:38 PM »
i don't fully understand the raikaria - serela link cuz i don't feel like his posts about serela have been very different than my posts about serela? i suppose raikaria is trying to push the counterwagon more than me tho.

I'm not even really pushing the wagon anymore. I'm outright asking people to convince me to change wagons if they want Serela to get lynched <.<

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #1426 on: April 20, 2020, 11:38:55 PM »
fabloo, i am still confused. you are saying that nucleus is town, but you are also voting nucleus?

this was supposed to be a softball question, why are you making this so complicated :(
Force of habit. I was hoping you'd take away more of the things I was saying though.

##Unvote
##Unvote
##Vote Fabloo

WHY IS EVERYONE EMPTY UNVOTING
YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A GOOD REASON TO VOTE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW

Okay, so this is a string of posts from page 4. For context, Fabloo applies some pressure to a player and then starts to talk about townreading them (or at least, feeling better about them, I'm not grabbing all the quotes here). Polly asks Fabloo "hey, why are you still voting this person", to which Fabloo does a pretty reasonable thing and unvotes, without changing their vote because they don't have another player to pursue yet.

Serela votes for them in his very next post, ignoring all of the context around it. It's so short-sighted, and the sudden flip on Nucleus felt very similar to me. It feels like Serela isn't paying attention to the bigger picture and instead get fixated on what's right in front of them.

So yeah, there's this. And also I don't think the *meta* point on Serela is entirely meta, it's kind of just a scummy thing on its own made worse when placed in contrast with the previous game.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1427 on: April 20, 2020, 11:40:26 PM »
Also seriously it's 00:40 now. I'm going to do my teeth ect and come back. If there's not actually anything to convince me Serela is the better lynch I'm going to bed on Waffles because I still think he is the better lynch.

Not threats to change vote or die that ignore other people not voting Serela. Not people seemingly trying to convince me to lynch Serela by saying 'if he flips red you're next'. An actual case. Try and actually convince people of your lynch. That's how you lynch people.

I cannot in good conciousness lynch Serela when I don't see anything majorly scummy, and the people pushing the wagon can't even really explain it.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1428 on: April 20, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »
So what’s wrong with Fabloo’s aggressive behaviour, Rai?

What happens if Serela flips town? If you’re on the wagon and Serela flips town, you’re fine, right?

Sorry im just trying to unravel the logic of “if Serela flips scum, I’m next, so I don’t want to vote” and I can’t get over you avoiding a lynch so you want people to convince you that Serela is scum. It’s not the most genuine interpretation I could have.

« Reply #1429 on: April 20, 2020, 11:43:21 PM »
But yeah @Disquieted, I probably shouldn't have placed TBZ in the same tier as Serela or rai. I do think their non-posting is a bad look and it feels like a good fit for the gamestate, since I don't feel like scum were particularly involved in most arguments or fights this game? Also even when TBZ was mostly absent in past games as town I felt like he at least had gut reads he'd feel fine with stating, but his ISO is like, barren. It's weird.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1430 on: April 20, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »
Well I would probably vote serela over nucleus since these seem to be the options for today, depending on serela's claim.

Im a bit unsure of what exactly youre looking for raikaria. People have posted the cases?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1431 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:03 PM »
Vote Serela because the Waffle case hinges on a poorly explained power role that isn't really scummy more than extremely poorly explained and possibly poorly understood by the player themselves.

Vote Serela because I don't like their reactions to posts, their mindset seems to be geared towards pushing players to vote with them rather than actually hunt scum.

Vote Serela because the Zwerd nightkill was painfully only beneficial to Serela
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1432 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:19 PM »
But yeah @Disquieted, I probably shouldn't have placed TBZ in the same tier as Serela or rai. I do think their non-posting is a bad look and it feels like a good fit for the gamestate, since I don't feel like scum were particularly involved in most arguments or fights this game? Also even when TBZ was mostly absent in past games as town I felt like he at least had gut reads he'd feel fine with stating, but his ISO is like, barren. It's weird.

Same except I should move him down a lot more. Sounds like you want to move him up cause of being unsure.

You killed him once cause he started to tunnel you. Who would want to kill him in this game?  I feel like I should expect that from his town game.

« Reply #1433 on: April 20, 2020, 11:49:31 PM »
Well I would probably vote serela over nucleus since these seem to be the options for today, depending on serela's claim.

Im a bit unsure of what exactly youre looking for raikaria. People have posted the cases?

I think that rai's turn on Nucleus with so much conviction looks scummy when they had a light townread on them before. I guess it's also like, I would expect town to feel kind of lost in this gamestate but rai doesn't really feel lost, it feels like he's secure in his cases and also I was kinda bothered by "can someone explain the Serela cases to me" when I voted Serela! With words! And they were mostly ignored and he seems to focus in on one part of the case he doesn't like and doesn't really handle the rest much.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1434 on: April 20, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »
If you are that adamant about it Sister, then We shall relent for now and give them more time to out themselves. We still don't feel good about Serela being a part of our faction, so Our vote shall move there

##Unvote
##Vote Serela

« Reply #1435 on: April 20, 2020, 11:51:02 PM »
Same except I should move him down a lot more. Sounds like you want to move him up cause of being unsure.

You killed him once cause he started to tunnel you. Who would want to kill him in this game?  I feel like I should expect that from his town game.

The town, probably.

This isn't just from a sample size of one game, it's also from other games on smogon where he lurked out of D1 and just had like, three scumreads he posted and didn't really do anything with, but it felt different.

This is definitely not solid which is why I'd bump him up a little, but yeah.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1436 on: April 20, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1437 on: April 20, 2020, 11:53:09 PM »
I personally can't get over rai avoiding the wagon because if it flips scum he's the next one to get lynched.

Ignore the fact that was said by a claimed mason, so there's no scum manipulation involved.

Like maybe this is me not bothering to be forgiving to Rai right now  and it's a really unfair representation I'm sure. But it makes me tilt my head.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1438 on: April 20, 2020, 11:54:28 PM »
Votecount
Serela (5): NekoNekoRex, sb, Fabloo, Disquieted, PX (L-2!)
NucleusWaffles (3): Yaersulf, Serela, raikaria
Disquieted (2): banana spritzee, Tom
Daiya (1): BigBangMeteor
raikaria (1): NucleusWaffles
sb (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Tom (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Daiya
Serela is a L-2!

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:26:33 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1439 on: April 20, 2020, 11:54:31 PM »
I think it would be more genuine if rai was adamant about refusing to budge instead of saying "convince me" while ignoring the whole thing against serela