Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 832005 times)

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #810 on: April 18, 2020, 03:33:08 AM »
That requires you to have a pass or fail mark on your ability, yes? And you'd be approximately told of what gender you choose.

It's not exactly a vote to lynch, it was a vote to see how Nucleus would react and maybe he'd remember what he did last night. Call it a hunch.

I havent placed a vote on who I want to actually lynch yet.

« Reply #811 on: April 18, 2020, 03:33:27 AM »
##Vote: Banana Spritzee

I feel like it's pertinent to remember that this person is still in the game, and hasn't said anything since joining.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #812 on: April 18, 2020, 03:34:49 AM »
Votecount
Serela (1): Polaris
Disquieted (1): NekoNekoRex
NekoNekoRex (1): Disquieted
banana spritzee (1): Yaersulf
NucleusWaffles (0):
Polaris (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Tom, Fabloo, raikaria, banana spritzee, Serela, NucleusWaffles, BigBangMeteor, Daiya, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:32:40 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #813 on: April 18, 2020, 03:36:11 AM »
Nucleus doesn't seem too interested in reacting to anything. He's out to lunch.

BBM, you talk about how you worry about Serela then convince yourself halfway that there could be something misunderstood. Are you worried about making a preemptive decision after mislynching meow?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #814 on: April 18, 2020, 03:37:28 AM »
Nucleus doesn't seem too interested in reacting to anything. He's out to lunch.

BBM, you talk about how you worry about Serela then convince yourself halfway that there could be something misunderstood. Are you worried about making a preemptive decision after mislynching meow?

Not everything has to be immediate.

Fabloo

« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2020, 03:39:45 AM »
It's not about immediacy really. Covering options and considering them is fine. I did the same thing overnight. I just would like to see people's faith I guess. Faith meaning who they think is scum or where to go next.

Fabloo

« Reply #816 on: April 18, 2020, 03:40:58 AM »
You have NNR right now whose faith is that you knew something about his role. I personally think he's blowing this out of porportion. I don't even feel like it's actual anger. The frustration he had last game from memory was based on someone more potent. This is just speculation and I don't know if he gets all pissed about it this easily.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #817 on: April 18, 2020, 03:42:14 AM »
I'm going to double down on this. After voting me, and keeping his vote on me (while hinting at my role flavor), he unvotes me, but gives a cryptic read of me in his reads post that vaguely implies he knows more.

NekoNekoRex

I'm not dropping him any lower than this cause he's been kind. I don't think he's very towny, but I'm certainly not going to press this today and let this thread devolve into more than it is. Ask me later, it's just a mild feeling given his position in the game and it's not important right now.

He also admits that meow is a likely easy D1 lynch
meow56
[snip]
Maybe this is an easy Day 1 lynch, but Day 1 is always a bit wack anyways, sorry.
but ends up doubling down on it at the end of the day regardless

he has been switching his vote constantly, which I think is either deliberate to make chaos or to hide the fact he can't actually come up with a tactful case to push a lynch, because he's scum.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #818 on: April 18, 2020, 03:43:33 AM »
did I mention that all of his reads so far have been completely on the fence?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #819 on: April 18, 2020, 03:45:02 AM »
BBM come vote serela with me, i wanna see him crack under pressure

got it boss ##Vote: Serela

seriously speaking i'm a bit unsure here. my gut is that serela is town but i read his d1 and uh it's a lot fluffier than i thought it was. he's actually kinda parking on fabloo from RVS until the mason claim. the vote starts off as just a step up from RVS cuz fabloo empty unvotes. i'm fine with that at that stage but then he kind of just gets into a slapfight with fabloo because fabloo calls me and him suspicious and draws that into a serious vote. after he unvotes fabloo he votes daiya for a little bit but switches pretty quickly to consolidate. nothing is super scummy but it's just kind of eh.

serela, what are your reads on daiya and yaersulf currently? would you still lynch yaersulf or was it all for consolidation? do you think daiya is still the scummiest? what do you think of my logic for daiya being town?

lastly, if you're scum and your buddies are within raikaria/banana/smartbomb/nucleus I suggest you give up. I'm a 5-shot vig who can use all my shots in one phase and I'm planning on killing all of you tonight because that's what my PoE is down to.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2020, 03:47:05 AM »
Ok. I usually need time and effort to consider what I want to do and that's usually not right now. But I'll try.

I don't mind Serela going under the microscope. Banana spritzee goes under the microscope cause whatever Bardiche has done won't matter if we have someone who doesn't care about the game, in the game, so even if I think he's town he should probably get pressure anyways.

I think Daiya is my number one option for lynch right now and I'd have to reorganise and reason why I'd want to go that way, but, yes, number one option.

I have very, very mild concerns about NucleusWaffles. And I suppose also raikaria, but much less. I also want to double-check Tom for a bit, maybe I'll get there, maybe I won't.

Polaris and BBM exist in a similar headspace for me right now, and I don't really have any comments on anyone else.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2020, 03:48:42 AM »
NNR gets to live because he has cute ears, as I've made very clear. That's my reasoning.

(He might be faking it. Who knows. It's an assumption. But if he's doing something like this, the reasons I would be suspicious of him in the first place no longer exist, which means I'd be dealing with paranoia instead.)

Polaris

« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2020, 03:49:07 AM »
speaking of votecount analysis i want to believe that one of the reasons it's been hard to do (hopefully you agree with me and you found it hard to do) is that zeenana literally did not exist, and zeenana is scum

this is mostly just speculation though

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2020, 03:50:37 AM »
bbm please vote, it's almost like you don't have a scumread and you're scaring me

yeah well what happens when you play too much mafia is that you realize 99% of scummy things are actually just town fire trucking up so you stop being able to scumread anyone who's posting actively

i do think there's a strong chance that like half the scum or more are lurkers though.

I added nucleus back to the pool of potential scum because in hindsight i've been giving him too much of a pass for the early day 1 stuff. (yeah i know i said like ten minutes ago that i agreed with daiya's ed1 tryhard town analysis of nucleus). he's at the bottom of my prio list but shouldn't be completely out of it probably

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #824 on: April 18, 2020, 03:50:49 AM »
You have NNR right now whose faith is that you knew something about his role. I personally think he's blowing this out of porportion. I don't even feel like it's actual anger. The frustration he had last game from memory was based on someone more potent. This is just speculation and I don't know if he gets all pissed about it this easily.
It is baseless speculation and I should be focusing on the fact that I think he's actually scummy and have reasons to push such.

But it's also weirdly convenient that he mentions my ears when that happens to be a stated point of my role flavor?

I don't know. I'm mostly angry about meow.

cut by ywjklnoehrwmopegmopaew why is that a reason to let me LIVE now when you said that while you were voting me???

Polaris

« Reply #825 on: April 18, 2020, 03:52:13 AM »
i'm probably giving nucleus too much of a pass right now too

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #826 on: April 18, 2020, 03:52:36 AM »
Cat ears are mysterious.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #827 on: April 18, 2020, 03:54:47 AM »
who was scum on meow's wagon nnr? is it just smartbomb?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2020, 04:02:30 AM »
@nucleus what happened between these two posts?

I agree with Tom, we should no-lynch now and wait better for the abilities to do their thing.

Thanks NNR for answering me about quicktopic upkeep.

I don't understand why there is pressure on Bardiche, and why, conversely, has there not been pressure on meow56, zwerdijib, and disquieted.

These persons have been lurking, and disquieted only contributed by saying 'I am chewing' which is well, not helpful in the lightest sense of the word.

I also don't like how much zwerdijib is swearing, although the new filter is much better.

Meow56 how fast do you type? I personally am quite fast on the keyboard but not exactly too eager because I don't like to make mistakes here. Do you like the Bardiche lynch?

I don't like the Bardiche lynch, I also read the mafiascum wiki but lynching lurkers should not be a policy in games with strong meta tells. We have a player base where many persons know each other and a well-documented player meta history. Therefore it is incorrect to lynch lurkers unless they are actively making the game harmful.

In addition, the mafiascum guide states its only helpful to lynch lurkers when there's a sufficiently large pool of inactive lurkers for scum to hide.
Right now, our only pool of inactives are zwerdijib, meow56, and disquieted.

This should not be a lynch-all-lurkers policy today, it won't exactly be helpful.

cut by 2

Thank you for your kind gesture.

I hope we can kickstart something now, dwelling on this the longer the worse I feel.

I-----

Don't agree with the Tom wagon, I think he raises quite reasonable points from a statistical angle.

I like the raikaria wall.

I would rather lynch lurkers now. I want to see some activity.

I feel for Disquieted, it seems all effort has been voided.

nucleus doesn't have any content basically other than fabloo vote but ??? new player idk.

Mafia is, as you said, social strategy plus layers of deception, while your analysis are valid like reading from a horoscope. It becomes difficult to digest all your content once I try to memorise the 12 zodiacs and their luck for the day.

i can't tell if this is gibberish or the most wise thing I've ever heard in mafia

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #829 on: April 18, 2020, 04:13:27 AM »
ok, so speculation on nucleus's role that is probably dumb, but

according to him his role can't work on male characters. there are, according to the votals today, 2 male players alive. meow was also a male character, so basically there are 3 male characters total in the setup. now, nucleus claimed that his role is also a male character. so basically, his role condition prevents him from targeting exactly 2/14 of the other players in the game. does that strike anyone as a really useless limit in terms of role balancing? and one of those players is vanilla so like who cares if they are targeted? now, it's clear that flavour is more important to this game than I previously thought so maybe nucleus's character is just like sylvain in 3 houses and only talks to women or some strawberries and that's why dormio put it in. it's also pretty unlikely that nucleus would just make up the gender thing on the spot even as scum but idk something seems off

Polaris

« Reply #830 on: April 18, 2020, 04:19:31 AM »
all i'm hearing is that dormio's setup is bad, and i might have to agree B)

Tom

« Reply #831 on: April 18, 2020, 04:19:37 AM »
why is being on a major wagon suspicious? we only know that 1/4 of those wagons was town for sure. can assume 2 if you add fabloo in there. and he stated that both yaersulf and meow were for consolidation purposes.
Like I said take my interpretation with a grain of salt and I already explained my reasoning (that they'd get 2 kills and reduce our power by 2 votes, so they'd jump on any wagon that lands them a free kill)

why did you vote meow last phase btw?
I was told that a mislynch is preferable to no-lynch in order to gather data, which I presented here

Tom

« Reply #832 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:40 AM »
You have my blessings and assistance in your pressure tactic on Serela

##Vote: Serela

Polaris

« Reply #833 on: April 18, 2020, 04:26:32 AM »
i feel like i have to amend my "mislynch is preferable to no lynch" principle because i realize now that it kind of hinges on the idea that everyone is voting and has scumreads

Tom

« Reply #834 on: April 18, 2020, 04:29:07 AM »
i feel like i have to amend my "mislynch is preferable to no lynch" principle because i realize now that it kind of hinges on the idea that everyone is voting and has scumreads
Noted

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #835 on: April 18, 2020, 04:35:38 AM »
Fabloo, unrelated, but this is why I deliberately pull my punches a lot of the time.

I vote someone once and someone tries to take it to its conclusion. Imagine if I made a case.

They might even be town and I might be wrong. I go into every thought like that and writing many words makes is sound like I'm convinced when I'm not. My problem is that doesn't show unless I blatantly say it. And I don't want that on my conscience.

I write words to be clear. I don't write words cause I unabashedly think someone is scum.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #836 on: April 18, 2020, 04:51:22 AM »
who was scum on meow's wagon nnr? is it just smartbomb?
On average everyone who voted that wagon is horrible.

On principle, Polaris, Yaer, and Disquieted. All three seem to enjoy a tactic of posting a lot of bullstrawberries while not actually saying anything of value.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #837 on: April 18, 2020, 04:52:59 AM »
I forgot Serela was willing to change his vote at the end of the day to someone more sensible and I retract my bad opinion of him

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #838 on: April 18, 2020, 04:56:27 AM »
All three seem to enjoy a tactic of posting a lot of bullstrawberries while not actually saying anything of value.
this is all the more relevant when you consider the loudest thing you can post is a vote, and like their posts, their votes have had no value either.

Polaris

« Reply #839 on: April 18, 2020, 05:11:04 AM »
i actually think serela changing his vote at the end of the day looks worse, a classic serela waffle