Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818910 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2020, 03:05:19 AM »
##Vote: Disquieted
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2020, 03:05:33 AM »
So Serela, Tom, and Yaersulf are mafia, sounds quite different from the current opinions.

cut 3 again

I don't understand how you've come to this conclusion. About your role related to gender again?

« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2020, 03:07:40 AM »
i mean yes but he didn't "lie" about it, he just said he didn't want to look it up

This, I personify sloth. Seeing as gender definitely seems to be a thing, and after that night phase stuff has dispelled any doubts about Fabloo I had. My role is a girl.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2020, 03:11:39 AM »
lol.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #784 on: April 18, 2020, 03:13:22 AM »
Votecount
Serela (1): Polaris
Disquieted (1): NekoNekoRex
Polaris (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Yaersulf (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Tom, Fabloo, raikaria, banana spritzee, Serela, Yaersulf, Disquieted, NucleusWaffles, BigBangMeteor, Daiya, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:32:47 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2020, 03:14:06 AM »
another point in daiya's favour: early in the game after nucleus dropped some info about his role and tried to get a massclaim or something going, daiya had a good analysis on it that concluded on nucleus being tryhard town. not only was it analysis i agree with it showed a lack of scum intent because daiya could have plausibly pushed a vote here on nucleus. it was pretty early so maybe daiya didnt want to draw attention to himself, but even then there's no reason to state a townread instead of just ignoring it. minor but still something that tips the scales towards town daiya.

i'm not a big fan of raikaria's vote on yaersulf. it just feels weird. half of it is basically for vote timing on the fabloo wagon. it's unclear why he finds yaersulf worse than tom. He says the vote is more "topical" but it's not really the point in the game where consolidation is necessary yet (still 18 hours left). i also just... don't like that the only people he's pushed all game are newbies. He specifically says he doesn't want to give a newbie pass but surely uh you dont think dormio is going to make 2 people newbscum together? gonna read some more ppl but I think he's in the lead for me right now. bit frustrating he's out BATTLING CORONAVIRUS rather than PLAYING MAFIA

@tom- ok but so? how does this help us determine who's scum? whose votes on those wagons are scummiest? do you think it's the people on the middle of the wagons? the end?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #786 on: April 18, 2020, 03:14:23 AM »
##Vote: NucleusWaffles

I know exactly what I'm doing here. This is fine.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #787 on: April 18, 2020, 03:15:28 AM »
ANGRY

I'd support a Serela lynch, if I have to. He wasn't memorable D1, and I usually can gut serela Town pretty easily.

I also still don't like Yeur, I don't like his trolly posts, and I still hate we lynched meow over him.

I still don't like a LOT of players this game, but this game is making me ANGRY very early, and I am upset.

But mostly I want to LYNCH DISQBOMB
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #788 on: April 18, 2020, 03:16:49 AM »
I'm curious, Fabloo/PX, was it you two who added the gender tracker to the votecount? is that the kind of thing you were talking about your role being able to do?

Fabloo

« Reply #789 on: April 18, 2020, 03:17:49 AM »
I'm curious, Fabloo/PX, was it you two who added the gender tracker to the votecount? is that the kind of thing you were talking about your role being able to do?

Yeah, this is something we added.

I guess I'll call Disquieted by Smartbomb now. Seems that something happened overnight if I'm reading that vote correctly.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #790 on: April 18, 2020, 03:18:35 AM »
I want to be clear that the flavor thing doesn't really factor much into my vote, other than that Smartbomb knows something he shouldn't, and has motive to use it to lynch me, and I don't like that.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #791 on: April 18, 2020, 03:18:56 AM »
I'd prefer you call my by the name I have on this forum, but I can't stop y'all from calling me something else.

« Reply #792 on: April 18, 2020, 03:20:07 AM »
I'm confused, what is it that Disquieted knows that he shouldn't Neko?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #793 on: April 18, 2020, 03:20:55 AM »
lmao

Polaris

« Reply #794 on: April 18, 2020, 03:21:17 AM »
BBM come vote serela with me, i wanna see him crack under pressure

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #795 on: April 18, 2020, 03:22:06 AM »
Nothing happened overnight, except that the meow lynch has me particularly angry, mostly because I read him strongly as town, nobody else would, he was lynched over a frankly terrible anti-town player, and he turned out to be town.

Disquieted crumbed that he knew a part of my role flavor in his vote on me, which I quoted earlier.

« Reply #796 on: April 18, 2020, 03:22:36 AM »
Also could someone explain to me what scum had to gain by stabbing someone other than PX or Fabloo? It seems weird that they didn't.

Tom

« Reply #797 on: April 18, 2020, 03:23:43 AM »
@tom- ok but so? how does this help us determine who's scum? whose votes on those wagons are scummiest? do you think it's the people on the middle of the wagons? the end?

I'm not good at this game so take my interpretation with a grain of salt, I'm just putting the raw data out there so the pros can start a meaningful conversation.

If you still want to hear my opinion Serela seems most suspicious since they were present on all 3 out of the 4 wagons and dropped the hammer on meow.  In my newb opinion the mafia would want to hammer a L-1 with the timer running out since they knew meow was town and doing so would take out 2 townies going into day 2 whereas a no-lynch would only leave us down 1 vote.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #798 on: April 18, 2020, 03:23:49 AM »
Also could someone explain to me what scum had to gain by stabbing someone other than PX or Fabloo? It seems weird that they didn't.

They're scared of a doctor, or one who would protect someone from a nightkill.

« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2020, 03:24:30 AM »
Nothing happened overnight, except that the meow lynch has me particularly angry, mostly because I read him strongly as town, nobody else would, he was lynched over a frankly terrible anti-town player

Oi, I resemble that remark!

Fabloo

« Reply #800 on: April 18, 2020, 03:24:52 AM »
That was towards Disquieted. I'll respect his wishes. I do want to know about the Nucleus vote though.

« Reply #801 on: April 18, 2020, 03:25:37 AM »
They're scared of a doctor, or one who would protect someone from a nightkill.

Right, that's makes sense, thanks.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #802 on: April 18, 2020, 03:25:44 AM »
##Vote: NucleusWaffles

I know exactly what I'm doing here. This is fine.
STOP VOTING BASELESSLY

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #803 on: April 18, 2020, 03:25:53 AM »
Nothing happened overnight, except that the meow lynch has me particularly angry, mostly because I read him strongly as town, nobody else would, he was lynched over a frankly terrible anti-town player, and he turned out to be town.

Disquieted crumbed that he knew a part of my role flavor in his vote on me, which I quoted earlier.

i thought he was talking about the cat ears in your profile pic and it was completely unrelated to him voting you. how would smartbomb even know anything about your role flavour on d1 due to being scum? you think he's scum day flavour cop or something???

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #804 on: April 18, 2020, 03:27:18 AM »
That was towards Disquieted. I'll respect his wishes. I do want to know about the Nucleus vote though.

Well generally you come out with a result from the night if you have one and you're already claimed, right?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #805 on: April 18, 2020, 03:27:37 AM »
If you still want to hear my opinion Serela seems most suspicious
PUT A VOTE DOWN IF YOU MEAN IT

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2020, 03:29:33 AM »
STOP VOTING BASELESSLY

After finishing Strike Witches, I was stuck on the way that, when performing magic, the girls developed cat ears and tails for no apparent reason. The Strike Witches producers knew what decades of anime has already confirmed: cat ears on women are cute.

For the past two weeks, I have been trying to dig a little deeper. We already know that catgirls (and catboys) are adorable, but why do we feel that way? And why are they so prevalent in anime? So far, I have a theory:

Cat ears resonate with ancient human mythologies. There were the cat gods, worshipped by the ancient Egyptians, including the fierce and beautiful Bastet. More closely tied to anime was the Japanese bakeneko, a cat demon who could disguise itself as an alluring woman. According to the Catgirl Research Foundation, there are also more catgirl myths from Britain, Ireland, and South Africa.

However, I haven’t yet been able to find much to support or disprove my claims. I’ve tried the forums of the Catgirl Research Foundation, contacted Kittenplay.org, posted a call for suggestions on the Livejournal kitty_ears community, even reached out to a few anime academics.

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

Fabloo

« Reply #807 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:13 AM »
Well generally you come out with a result from the night if you have one and you're already claimed, right?

My abilities don't pertain to the night. I'm a bit confused what this means for your Nucleus vote though.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #808 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:44 AM »
I'm not good at this game so take my interpretation with a grain of salt, I'm just putting the raw data out there so the pros can start a meaningful conversation.

If you still want to hear my opinion Serela seems most suspicious since they were present on all 3 out of the 4 wagons and dropped the hammer on meow.  In my newb opinion the mafia would want to hammer a L-1 with the timer running out since they knew meow was town and doing so would take out 2 townies going into day 2 whereas a no-lynch would only leave us down 1 vote.

why is being on a major wagon suspicious? we only know that 1/4 of those wagons was town for sure. can assume 2 if you add fabloo in there. and he stated that both yaersulf and meow were for consolidation purposes.

why did you vote meow last phase btw?

also I don't particularly want to go into another diatribe about why a mislynch is preferable to a no lynch but it would have been scummier if serela had NOT hammered after promising he would to consolidate on a lynch.

nucleus didn't claim though? all he said was that he can only target female characters

Polaris

« Reply #809 on: April 18, 2020, 03:32:22 AM »
bbm please vote, it's almost like you don't have a scumread and you're scaring me