Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818971 times)

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2020, 03:35:32 PM »
When it comes to Serela I had an idea. I presented it. Serela took that idea and made it confusing for me. That's probably his nature. Certain people require certain approaches. I doubt I can win an argument with Serela not because he's in mensa but because his way of arguing is kind of abstract. Now that I've played a game with him I can say that I have some experience with him. A vague understanding. Last game he was largely emotional and very eccentric in his words. Now. When I think of myself and I think of what I would do as scum? I would try to play up my best traits. It was taught to me pretty early that you want to emulate your play as town as scum. This is where I thought Serela was exaggerating his best traits to create content. His response to me about empty unvoting felt exaggerated. Excessive. As I mentioned many times. This didn't need a deeper thought or even a case.

Let me go further on this. You don't need a case on someone often. I'm not excusing myself here I'm just. Going through the motions. When you suspect someone you are not driving an investigation and this is not a court. I'd like to believe we play in a democracy however. Innocent until proven Guilty. Not the other way around. Anyways.

I never need some six page essay on someone. Your reasoning can be as shallow as you want. As long as it comes with something. That something determines playstyles. I have met players who essentially spoke in one sentence and I've met players who have spoken like me and Disquieted does. Playstyle is another thing to keep in mind. Let me ask this openly to people who are aware of Polaris. What's his playstyle like? Serela? BBM? Tell me how their playstyles effect your ability to read them or even their alignment. I don't know Yearsulf's playstyle because this is my first game with him. I can say though toting my own experience and watching behavior for eons given that I'm a god. His reaction wasn't good. That idea of good doesn't come from a place where that makes him bad. I think of good like behavior. His vote was malicious. Scum are the antagonists of the game and I don't think I've met many where negativity has gotten them very far. His thought patterns don't make sense either. The biggest thing I look for in town is their intent. Yaersulf suddenly convinced him in the right moment that I was scum and gambiting despite there being nothing leading up to it. It doesn't follow a noticeable pattern. It doesn't even make sense for his behavior leading up until that point. Go look at his previous posts and tell me if such conviction and strong words were ever present previously. This is where in my opinion scum are found. You put them in situations they can't prepare for or even reveal their true nature to speak. I think Yearsulf's true nature was revealed in that moment and it took my claim to do it. I am not taking credit or even presenting this like a gotcha moment as NNR explained. I just ask you to look at the game and come to conclusions yourself.

Polaris

« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
here is the absolute last post i will ever make on fabloo, because i understand that nobody cares, the same way nobody cares about tom basically doing the exact same thing. spoilered for lack of relevancy

Spoiler:
I can confidently say I have tried extremely hard to present my arguments and who I think town should be looking at.

There are two players I'm considering right now. I think Bardiche's vote on Tom is bold but slightly ineffective.

Yeah. Two players I'm considering scummy. No established townreads beyond Tom/Nucleus.

I'm selfish sometimes. That's why. To me voting them would do nothing. I want others to look at what I'm saying and make their own judgment before moving on.

fabloo did the exact opposite of "trying [his] best to present [his] arguments and who [he thinks] town should be looking at" when he literally said "i will not mention my scumreads, make your own opinions"

I think we've become overly courteous to the newbies now. Some of you are faking it as scum. This is the problem I was trying to point out. This isn't something extreme like Daiya said.

be specific. who do you think might be faking it? who do you think is being overly courteous?

I dislike you and I dislike Serela right now.

From what I see you're convinced that my words about people being overly courteous to newbies was a direct shot at you and BBM. At this point I don't know what you're thinking. Can you summarize your problems with me like I have tried to do so with mine?

again, fabloo doesn't mention any names or suspicious in the initial "faking it" post, and needs to be questioned by BBM before even bringing up names. of course, both BBM and serela come up as names directly in response to the post "who is faking it, who is being overly courteous" (the original post quotes BBM) but then later serela is bad for assuming he was being suspected for that? this is something i would label as incoherent.

The more we talk about the more you've convinced yourself that you and BBM are the only people I'm focusing on. This isn't true. I offered a scenario earlier and now we're three or four pages past that. It's clear nobody feels the same way. This is fine.

this post is so passive. assuming this is a coherent line of thought, i believe it's saying "i am focusing on others beside serela and bbm, but that's not true, i offered a scenario [for how i see another person as scum]". the problem is that i only see his "i don't townread disquieted" as a "scenario" (which i definitely would say was "offered" by zwj, not fabloo, if anything) and so if he's going "oh, nobody cares? that's fine", i would not consider that "trying [his] best to present [his] arguments and who [he thinks] town should be looking at"

the only reason i can think of that fabloo would unironically say "i tried my best to tell town who to look at" is that somehow he legitimately believed "ok, as long as i mention something, i'm sure people will read it and come to their own conclusions about it", so it could be just a subjective issue of what "trying my best" means, but if you ask me, this is the equivalent of a teacher who gives students a textbook, tells them to learn on their own, and then pats themselves on the back saying "wow i really taught them :)"

Fabloo

« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2020, 03:45:53 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts but read my recent word salad and tell me if something makes more sense to you.

Polaris

« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »
like i said, that was my last post on you. if you really are town, we can both stop dwelling on it and focus on an actual wagon to lynch

Polaris

« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
oh wait i forgot i was the main wagon now

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
So uh how long is left, because I need to go to work soon and need to know if I'll be back for deadline.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Fabloo

« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
I don't want to vote you. I'm not sure what Disquieted sees but if I were compare you to Yearsulf here in terms of his read on me in comparison to yours.

He has a willing ignorance. His words were hollow. You must have a strong range as scum as I tried to explained before if you were faking your frustration. If you were doing it now. To me it seems like you are a very passionate person. This can be dangerous for yourself and others. Good and bad. Passion is hard to stamp out. I think your passion is a defining trait that sometimes you might even ashamed about. Perhaps it's made you make bad decisions. You mentioned how you were going to delete your account and didn't care anymore of the consequences. Certainly you could be faking it. I just don't know if you'd let yourself sink this deep over one read though? Nothing you've done suggests to me you are incapable.

Fabloo

« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2020, 03:52:35 PM »
Rai, do you have experience with Polaris? Could you tell me a bit more about it?

Polaris

« Reply #518 on: April 16, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »
there's like ten hours left? i'm a wagon now so you guys need to stop pussyfooting around and decide whether you're going to vote for me or not. and not just think it, put it in actual writing so you leave a paper trail for later, smh.

cut, this was at raikaria, i'm glad fabloo actually did what i asked before i even asked it

Polaris

« Reply #519 on: April 16, 2020, 03:53:57 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Daiya

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #520 on: April 16, 2020, 03:58:28 PM »
Rai, do you have experience with Polaris? Could you tell me a bit more about it?

What experience I have with Polaris is brief as he often died early, and years ago, so not of much use I'm afraid.

If there are 10 hours then I'll be back in time to consolidate and read endday. I'll be tired and sleepy but I'll be here.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Polaris

« Reply #521 on: April 16, 2020, 03:58:53 PM »
well, not to be rude, but you could totally just scroll up

but in general, its strawberries

this

you might need to click on the quote for context to see why these are bad, i think (the last quote is bad because its a weird flip flop from tom to fabloo in like 5 posts)

zwj this is so bad, you can literally find a post where i listed fabloo, disquieted, and tom as my three big reads. i wasn't "flip flopping from tom to fabloo", i was voting fabloo from the beginning and only took a temporary break to vote tom wherein i immediately lost my sanity because barely anybody would even talk to me about it.

Polaris

« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »
that's not a scumread btw i'm just calling zwj out for being bad at reading

Polaris

« Reply #523 on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:11 PM »
god, if serela makes a massive live-update twitter post again

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #524 on: April 16, 2020, 04:12:04 PM »
Votecount
Polaris (3): NekoNekoRex, Disquieted, zwerdjib
Fabloo (2): NucleusWaffles, Yaersulf
meow56 (2): BigBangMeteor, Tom
Yaersulf (2): Fabloo, raikaria
Tom (1): Daiya
NekoNekoRex (1): PX
Daiya (1): Polaris
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
Serela (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: meow56, banana spritzee, Serela

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
zwj this is so bad, you can literally find a post where i listed fabloo, disquieted, and tom as my three big reads. i wasn't "flip flopping from tom to fabloo", i was voting fabloo from the beginning and only took a temporary break to vote tom wherein i immediately lost my sanity because barely anybody would even talk to me about it.

the latter? fine. you did. i re-read and missed that part.

the former? no. i can read isos.

im going to assume you meant to post something along those lines and didnt. you never made a reads post like that though. assuming you meant to in case something like this happened so you could have a fallback post. not necessarily ai behavior but rationalization is my playstyle so im trying to find out what you meant to say in place of "no dude i had those reads and stated them in 1 post loud and clear". or maybe you did mean to say that and you totally forgot to post.

tell me where youre at right now, actually. im not even convinced your tunnel on fabloo is genuine. seems empty sometimes. its also either really, really bad timing to give up as a townie or i can assume youve just given up on trying to push a pr vote as scum. either way, i want to understand your progression here

thoughts are all over the place because smartys post style is contagious fire truck

cut by 1: also a strange post. dont think anyone got the impression that you were reading me off it, moreso that you wanted to correct something. or maybe my pov is too benign as a player

CUT AGAIN DAMN YOU CONQ

Polaris

« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »

Polaris

« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2020, 04:18:18 PM »
i'll have you know on record i gave up before i was ever being considered for a lynch. i'll push my own goddamn wagon if i have to if it means town will get off their asses and actually realize that mafia is a game where you need the power of friendship to beat the bad guys

Polaris

« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »
sorry that was probably too opaque. what i mean is you need 8 people to secure a lynch, and i'll be damned if 8 people even care about this game so far

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
off to do history assignments. ill stop jumping all over the place, i swear, but

##unvote
##vote serela

though let it be noted polaris still owes me 1 or 2 unanswered questions

Polaris

« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2020, 04:27:48 PM »
tell me where youre at right now, actually. im not even convinced your tunnel on fabloo is genuine. seems empty sometimes. its also either really, really bad timing to give up as a townie or i can assume youve just given up on trying to push a pr vote as scum. either way, i want to understand your progression here

i'll have you know on record i gave up before i was ever being considered for a lynch. i'll push my own goddamn wagon if i have to if it means town will get off their asses and actually realize that mafia is a game where you need the power of friendship to beat the bad guys

this was an answer to that btw, i'm just trying to get people to consolidate now. imo the best scumhunting info comes from who picks what wagon when it gets down to deadline, so i am genuinely fine with lynching myself if it means there is a wagon. going by the rules i'm still playing to win even if it means my own death

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2020, 04:41:48 PM »
off to do history assignments. ill stop jumping all over the place, i swear, but

##unvote
##vote serela

though let it be noted polaris still owes me 1 or 2 unanswered questions
I
What?

I woke up like half an hour ago but the subject of half the threads posts since last night aren't even about the ongoing mafia game. I don't know why zwerd is voting me either ._.

I should probably start trying to consolidate somewhere though? I talked about Daiya before and the opinion hasn't changed. I'm still not sure where I stand on Polly (since some people are voting there now) and no I don't really know Polly's meta, but Daiya was going strong at first and after like the first 24 hours they've posted twice with little blips on Tom who they've been voteparking.

##Vote:Daiya

I don't exactly like this?? The wagons are Fabloo (lol) NNR (no) Polly (??) and four of the five newbies. Also apparently me??? I might need to review Polly. I dunno, I just woke up and haven't even gotten out of bed yet. I have work in a bit but I'll be around for most of end of day probably

Polaris

« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2020, 04:45:45 PM »
legend has it that if we look in a mirror and chant "vote daiya" three times, daiya will appear behind you and actually make a post

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »
Read Polaris, not interested in this. I think he reads like town getting hung up over small things rather than the big picture and getting frustrated that his biggest scumreads are confirmed town (fabloo) or playing badly but he can't convince people they're scum (Tom). Scum doesn't get mad about not being able to push a Tom lynch at this stage because a player like Tom will always  be a mislynch candidate. He can return to that later in the game because eventually even people who townread him will acquiesce to his lynch just to get it out of the way.

Polaris

« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »
listen, for context, we have had a dormio game where the mason claims turned out to be scum and also there were third party serial killer lovers, so this is the historical context for my lack of mental well-being

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »
listen, for context, we have had a dormio game where the mason claims turned out to be scum and also there were third party serial killer lovers
don't forget they were SELF-REVIVING serial killer lovers

everyone I swear motk games aren't all like this

Polaris

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
serela go to work or pick a stance on me already, you baby

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2020, 05:00:45 PM »
I could go for daiya just because my pool of scum is down to meow/Bard/yaersulf/daiya/raikaria and maaaybe serela (but too far down to lunch today)

I basically think that daiyas posts have been ok but the timing of the Tom vote isn't great given he wasn't really contributing a new reason to vote therr. He also feels too disengaged for a competent player and like serela said he's basically parking on Tom at this point. I'm talking myself into it as I write this but would still prefer meow.

How large was the game with the SK Mason's? The smallest game I've seen with 2p ITP is 16p. When did the scum Mason claim come up? I've claimed Masons as scum myself in the past but it was the day before LYLO.

Polaris

« Reply #539 on: April 16, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »
it was 13 players, 9/2/2, scum were the ones that claimed masons (on day 1)

i can't believe i didn't make the connection before but no wonder serela copped the masons in the last game, it all makes perfect sense