Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818921 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2020, 02:07:30 AM »
Votecount
Bardiche (4): Tom, Yaersulf, NekoNekoRex, BigBangMeteor
Fabloo (2): Polaris, Serela
PX (1): NucleusWaffles
raikaria (1): raikaria
Tom (1): Bardiche
Disquieted (1): PX
Daiya (0):
Polaris (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
meow56 (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: zwerdjib, Disquieted, Fabloo, Daiya, meow56

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

Tom

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:15 AM »
Nevermind, they *just* came online, likely due to the e-mail notification a PM generates

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2020, 02:11:01 AM »
Nevermind, they *just* came online, likely due to the e-mail notification a PM generates

god youre observant

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2020, 02:11:52 AM »
anyway heres the breakdown of what happened

me: feeding as katarina
dormio: post something
me: wait game started
dormio: it started a while ago fam
me: strawberries my bad

me: posts

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2020, 02:17:19 AM »
and now heres a bunch of thoughts that hardly relate to each other denoted by the wrong syntax

oh no my pfp is outdated fire truck | i dont like the strategy of "lynch people who havent posted since gamestart" (no biases, really, its just dumb tbh) | i would like to poll people on whether they find typing like

This.

or

this

is more appealing to the eyes. i wanna give off a decent first impression
--------------------
wait im beginning to post like serela. fire truck. | ghhh unsure of thoughts on bards wagon because he comes in with what is essentially an rvs vote and then he has 4 votes. granted i skimmed pages 2-4 but still | im proud daiya came to game at gamestart before i did LOL

and finally

if youll note from my confirmation post

IT HAS HAPPENED

I ROLLED GREEN SUCKERS

fire truck RNG

fire truck SCUM GAMES

ITS TIME TO SOLVE after i finish my math assignments

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2020, 02:20:29 AM »
I think we've become overly courteous to the newbies now. Some of you are faking it as scum. This is the problem I was trying to point out. This isn't something extreme like Daiya said.

Polaris

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2020, 02:25:43 AM »
were you the person who skipped out on mafia to play mystery dungeon, because if so this is not totally out of the blue i guess *squints eyes* if you really did just not know the game started (as the activity log would tend to suggest) then i won't call you scum for it :v

also smh i was gonna make a post about how i was re-re-thinking tom's posts but now that fabloo posted about it, it would just seem like i'm doing it because of him. smh i thought of it organically, ok??

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 02:26:47 AM »
I think we've become overly courteous to the newbies now. Some of you are faking it as scum. This is the problem I was trying to point out. This isn't something extreme like Daiya said.

be specific. who do you think might be faking it? who do you think is being overly courteous?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2020, 02:27:37 AM »

You think I'm faking this? Insulting.

Do you want links to my past 6 games?

Polaris

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2020, 02:28:46 AM »
oh wait did fabloo mean "some of the people who are being overly courteous to scum are faking it"? i thought he meant "some of the newbies are faking it"

Fabloo

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2020, 02:29:31 AM »
You think I'm faking this? Insulting.

Do you want links to my past 6 games?

I think you're town kinda. You didn't have the same courage like this last game. It wasn't about you anyways.

Fabloo

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2020, 02:31:48 AM »
be specific. who do you think might be faking it? who do you think is being overly courteous?

I dislike you and I dislike Serela right now.

Polaris

« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2020, 02:37:30 AM »
tom, if you're still here: can i ask for context behind your turbolynch question? why were you asking about it?

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2020, 02:40:35 AM »
well that's a big oof, what the heckie zwerdjib :(

also do you have a nickname? i thought i remembered people calling you zeep but i figured i'd ask just in case
we call him andy in our home community, feel free to use that one.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2020, 02:41:37 AM »
we call him andy in our home community, feel free to use that one.

nobody does this ^

literally speaking, no one does this

Tom

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2020, 02:41:55 AM »
you could argue 'game state didn't budge because you guys turbolynched, smothering discussion'

No, not really, I highly doubt there was anything meaningful to say and that's why people were fine with turbolynching. D4 was over as soon as SB posted and indicated he was done playing (not like that was the sole reason it was done, but everything else had happened by then) and nothing of any worth occurred after despite people dragging it out to deadline.

I was looking through the previous mafia game for scum tells when I saw a post by Serela and while I've been able to look up most terms on MafiaScum there was no entry on turbolynching, which is why I asked here

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:47 AM »
and apologies for misinterpreting your case, then. i get it now

Polaris

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2020, 02:50:58 AM »
(re: tom) ok that checks out. for context, i asked since it was kind of out of the blue and i felt like newbie questions can easily be used as a distraction tactic, but it's probably not what was happening here.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2020, 02:54:39 AM »
I'm chewing.

I think I'm going to continue to chew.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:53 AM »
I'm chewing.

I think I'm going to continue to chew.

remember to swallow

Polaris

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2020, 03:02:34 AM »
chew with your mouth closed, disquietedakasmartbomb >:(

is this a statement of active lurking because that's a disappointment

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2020, 03:02:40 AM »
I dislike you and I dislike Serela right now.

Why? How are people supposed to, in your words, "look at what you're saying and make their own judgment" if you don't say why you don't like me and Serela? You're not even engaging with our content and asking us questions unless we directly talk to you.

how many games have you played in smartbomb?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2020, 03:05:18 AM »
I have played in too many games to count. Not necessary to get into, just put a big number next to my name.

I also don't really feel like talking but I suppose I should.

Fabloo

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2020, 03:08:31 AM »
Why? How are people supposed to, in your words, "look at what you're saying and make their own judgment" if you don't say why you don't like me and Serela? You're not even engaging with our content and asking us questions unless we directly talk to you.

how many games have you played in smartbomb?

I..really don't know why you would say this when the thread is already so bare that a quick relook could show that I have asked something of both of you only to be ignored.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2020, 03:13:45 AM »
Alright. I suppose I should make a categorized list, hm.

Tom
Daiya
BigBangMeteor

Fabloo
zwerdjib
NekoNekoRex

NucleusWaffles
Serela

raikaria
Bardiche

meow56
Yaesulf

Polaris

None of this feels very structured or in place, not even top reads or bottom reads, but it'll do. It'll develop eventually, feels forced right now. But there's the spot list for questions and comments.

##Vote: Polaris

So curious, how much attention did you pay to the previous game anyways?

Polaris

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2020, 03:18:28 AM »
well i'm intrigued at how that question leads to a vote on me, but i read the game casually?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2020, 03:20:27 AM »
Alright, so could you tell me who the scumteam was in that game?

Polaris

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2020, 03:22:41 AM »
it was conq/zwerdjib/sb/actiondan

if you're wondering which 3 out of 4 were prodded, it was zwerdjib and sb and actiondan :v i don't think conq got prodded unless i missed that

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2020, 03:28:28 AM »
The only question I can see you directing to me is why I thought I was bored by RVS and others werent. I forgot about that question tbh so fair enough although I didn't think it was that serious. My answer to that question is idk, some people can tolerate RVS better than others. I try to ask people questions that at least sound serious so that I can get some kind of vibes or to increase the minuscule odds of someone saying or doing something dumb and getting us going.

I can't see any questions directed to Serela that they ignored, can you point me to that?

@smartbomb ok I thought you were experienced but wanted to confirm

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2020, 03:30:26 AM »
We're definitely not going to roleclaim but I don't see the harm in gender claiming? I think it would be somewhat lame if there were multiple roles relying heavily on character flavour and there was a scum counterpart to Nucleus's role.

flipped the other way around: if theres no drawback to gender claims, this makes a pr's usage unstoppable, which can be seen as just as lame for a scum team

Yes, I wanted to slap Serela around with a smelly fish for that dumb remark. If anything, Day 1 is one of the best days for lynching a lurker because you assert dominance send a strong message to Townies that they better get their butts in the game, and to scum that if they try to coast, we're giving them a one-way ticket to Graveyard Town.

Although my joke on Tom was initially a joke, I am now consolidating it to a more serious vote.

##unvote
##vote: Tom

I get that he's a novice, but I don't quite like the circular reasoning presented just now. "Let's not lynch lurkers because sure, scum might lurk, but they might also push lynches on lurkers", what? That's the kind of reasoning that supports this nonsense MOTK meta where scum just shuts up and waits things out, while the townies fall over themselves. We should definitely lynch all lurkers, and townies should take care not to be lurkers.

I disagree with BBM. We shouldn't claim genders if that helps power someone's role because there's no guarantee that role supports the town. Besides, this is 2020, I identify as cloudgender, thanks very much, stop pushing me into a binary!11!!1!

Serela has once again mastered the art of posting words, stringing them into coherent sentences, and yet saying nothing at all. Waffle iron going hot again! Please be charmingly useless on your own time, this is Mafia time and I want all the townies to put their heads together and work with us here. If your next post is going to be waffles and useless, I'm going to be Very Cross With You. ♡ ( ̄З ̄)

Suggesting we leave lurkscum alone until D3 is like... mrghfh? I'll lynch a lurker Day 1 & Day 2 if I have to, DON'T. LURK.

I think talking about the role is just chewing the fat. It's pointless to speculate at this stage, let's not devolve into playing the role game on Day Freakin' One.

going to note bards seeming enthusiasm here that then somewhat trails off into a ramble and culminates onto a tom vote, who is not lurking

interesting, to say the least

nucleus is...strange, to say the least. the pr he's claiming sounds outlandish to me, but fabloo didn't seem too phased by it. do the roles here tend to be more experimental?

overall, it seems more like an inane gambit (he did call it a gambit himself, right? it's not helping his coherence) than a genuine claim to me. whether or not it says anything about his alignment, idfk. usually see this kind of stuff coming from "ambitious" townies, so that's my knee-jerk read. need to hear more from him, but i also don't advise making him the main focus atm. tends to derail things way too quickly.
I agree his behavior is strange. I know nothing about what gender could entail in this setup but his way of pronouncing a bit of his role makes me believe it's important. I don't know what he meant by gambit but part of me believes he was just saving face. It depends whether or not you believe that alone is scummy.

the general attitude we have on my homesite is "gambits are 100% town plays that fail 99% of the time" so im going to stick to my guns and assume this is true for this case as well

I just read that voting lurkers is an easy way to fake scumhunt and avoid suspicion without lurking according to this Mafia Scum

But if you insist that MotK mafia behaves differently and that the odds of finding scum are higher I'm willing to vote for lurkers

i like toms posting so far tbh. hes hedging, but its in a natural way.

Early as it may be, the presence represented by some people is striking. You have the clearly experienced end of players latching onto the newcomers and building their own interpretations upon them. I would be unsettled if I were in Tom's position and maybe even Nucleus. This is just how the game has progressed so far. Right now I think both are town.  Sometimes this isn't the case. Bardiche believes Tom's behavior is off due to the way he's concerned about lurkers but to me based on what's been said he would've been provided a bit of coaching by now. Tom's post about going on Mafia Scum about lurking shows a genuine curiosity and interest. His first posts also shown to me he is willing to be engaged. It doesn't seem like there's a figure over him.

personally, i didnt necessarily like fabloo until this post. why can i only townread people fire truck help

okay i have a gun to my head to go to sleep HELP ME

i will read more tomorrow

see you later