Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818897 times)

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
Fabloo from what I can tell you're literally saying that you haven't explained what you actually dislike about me or bbm because you hoped other people would fill in the blanks for you

Do you realize how scummy that sounds?????

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »
Dormio said in discord a day or two ago that smilies can't be permanently disabled in the new forum *sobs* I can't remember to do it in every post esp. when I'm phone posting from bed

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »
...Do you take everything at face value?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2020, 04:51:37 PM »
Hiding information is for scum and role info ok

Fabloo

« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »
I just don't comprehend where you're saying that I haven't explained why I think both of you are scummy. I again don't understand why you are associating yourself with BBM here. I think I've probably spent too much time on this as is. Do you honestly and truly believe I have said nothing about you either and I'm faking it?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2020, 05:04:11 PM »
you guys have gotten literally nowhere.

lets vote somewhere useful

##vote disquieted

Fabloo

« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2020, 05:09:01 PM »
you guys have gotten literally nowhere.

lets vote somewhere useful

##vote disquieted

:
Give me a few minutes and I'll join you. You're right.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »
Man I feel bad cuz I keep missing fabloos questions

My biggest question to you is what these interjections matter to you personally. Like in your last post, you spend a good paragraph explaining your take on lynching lurkers, but what does that provide exactly? Having word salad theories are nice talking points but I'm more tuned into how you're taking your own theories into account. Right now there isn't anyone I would consider a lurker nor do I have some comment about it either.

It doesn't provide anything really. That's why I put it at the end to signify that it was separate from actual content

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2020, 06:10:39 PM »
Looking at Raikaria's vote again it's ok actually though I don't agree with it there's more effort than I thought originally.

I think smartbombs point about meow is pretty good. His posts so far are competent but like... Overly focused on small parts of the game? I think I'll wait for the Post That Was Promised before voting him.

I'm not super worried about smartbomb atm but we'll see how his posts progress as the day/game progresses. I can kind of empathize with his general malaise at this stage of the game and I haven't played with him before so can't tell if it's out of the ordinary this early in the game.

Smartbomb can you summarize how you feel about Polaris? I think you said you don't feel good about it but you're still voting him?

Can someone remind me how to ISO on this forum? Phoneposting is a struggle

Polaris

« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2020, 06:42:57 PM »
if you click on their username to go to their profile and hit "show posts", it usually works as an ISO (although they might be posting in other threads, which can be a bit distracting)

to be honest i keep thinking that it's almost deadline so i keep wanting to post about consolidating, but we still have plenty of time so i'm getting my wires crossed :/ like i finished catching up and was about to post with an interest check for the fabloo wagon (afaict it seems like a lot of people are giving him a pass for now?) but i guess it's not really time for that yet.

fabloo's status hasn't really changed from his recent posts. if anything has changed, it's that i had a night of sleep (though it wasn't very restful) and i'm taking into account BBM's opinion that it could be unlikely for scum to keep drawing attention to the fact that they aren't being proactive. (i would totally sheep BBM's vote here btw... IF HE HAD ONE.) coupled with the latest conversation with serela, i would judge fabloo's style of communication as not actually matching up with my style of communication, which could be a source of bias.

i thought fabloo would have actually done something related to disqus (this is my new nickname for disquietedakasmartbomb now) within the past hour since he posted about it? one thing that stands out to me is that he seemed to read disqus as town (unless "better halves" means something else) but he seems to change his stance for no apparent reason following the zwj vote, which i don't understand. i'll wait for more on that.

the other big thing that happened is bard vs. tom which... i don't really want to touch and also bard replacing out leaves a bad taste in my mouth. if people want my opinions on it i can post them, but i think it might just distract me.

i think i'm taking way too much time on this post so i'll call it here for now. one final note is that PX looks a little suspicious to me. HMMMMMM.

Polaris

« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2020, 06:54:14 PM »
ok i just looked at PX's, like, three posts and i guess the really only suspicious thing is low content and falling under the radar really. NNR vote is "fine" per se but i want to keep it in mind for future vote analyses (i.e. after a flip)

honestly there's a whole lot of people i want to take a look at again (namely: serela) but i also want to stop thinking about this game right now, good bye

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
oh, i forgot to mention

my role gender is female, i suppose

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »
OK, I should just post the list.

Bardiche
Daiya
raikaria
Polaris
BigBangMeteor
Tom
Disquieted

Yaersulf
zwerdjib
NucleusWaffles
NekoNekoRex
Serela

Fabloo
PX

Fabloo

« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2020, 07:15:09 PM »
I don't townread Disquieted.

Tom

« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2020, 07:15:31 PM »
i also feel that he isn't really approaching this game with a scumhunting mindset
Really now?  I've been pointing at Scum!Bard the entire first day how can you even *think* of claiming I'm not hunting scum?
His low quality posts, filled with a lot of words that obscure the point and his renentless attack on me started over some technicality of the game concerning lurkers.  He is using me as a scapegoat for his low quality posts and avoid actually scumhunting anyone else.

As for my opinions on others, PX raises a little concern with some low quality posts and raikaria has been quite passive and semi lurking.

Tom

« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »
The reason I've been playing defensively is because I'm new and like I stated fr the very beginning I support no lynch on day 1.  We should let our PRs do their job and reveal more stuff for us to build our cases upon in day 2.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
I just don't comprehend where you're saying that I haven't explained why I think both of you are scummy. I again don't understand why you are associating yourself with BBM here. I think I've probably spent too much time on this as is. Do you honestly and truly believe I have said nothing about you either and I'm faking it?
wh...no that's what I thought YOU were saying ;_;

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
Votecount
Fabloo (3): Polaris, Serela, NucleusWaffles
Tom (2): raikaria, Daiya
Bardiche (2): Tom, NekoNekoRex
NekoNekoRex (1): PX
Polaris (1): Disquieted
Disquieted (1): zwerdjib
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
Daiya (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
meow56 (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, meow56, Yaersulf, BigBangMeteor, banana spritzee

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

banana spritzee replaces Bardiche, effective immediately.

Polaris

« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »
no offense tom but you didn't do anything the entire first day. bard had an entirely serious vote on you here and none of your posts relate to bard until he posted again right before here where you retcon your rvs jokevote into being serious all along?

this is why posting reads and opinions is important, otherwise you get stuff like this which is impossible to follow from an onlooker standpoint. it's, like, almost textbook scummy?

Polaris

« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
i say textbook scummy question mark because i still don't know how far the newbie pass applies. anyone else have any thoughts?

Tom

« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2020, 07:50:10 PM »
You call that serious?  I was just voicing a genuine concern besides Scum!Bard was the only one who decided to latch onto it and drive it into the ground.  It's clear as day, he saw an opening and a chance to divert attention and start a witch hunt basing its entirety on that circumstantial post.  I've read him as scum and am just pushing his buttons until he slips up and does something openly scummy

Polaris

« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »
can someone who is not tom say whether their interpretation of events lines up more closely with tom's or mine

Tom

« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2020, 07:54:42 PM »
Would Toyosatomimi no Miko count?

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »
re: Disquieted, I think I just liked the fact he wrote a TTS list.

Tom, whose vote are calling "not serious"? And what exactly was Bardiche diverting attention from? If I recall correctly, he wasn't under any pressure until he serious voted you.

And one more thing. You've given us two extra scumreads, but do you have any townreads?

Fabloo

« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2020, 08:25:19 PM »
wh...no that's what I thought YOU were saying ;_;

Uh. Explain?

Fabloo

« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2020, 08:34:53 PM »
fabloo's status hasn't really changed from his recent posts. if anything has changed, it's that i had a night of sleep (though it wasn't very restful) and i'm taking into account BBM's opinion that it could be unlikely for scum to keep drawing attention to the fact that they aren't being proactive. (i would totally sheep BBM's vote here btw... IF HE HAD ONE.) coupled with the latest conversation with serela, i would judge fabloo's style of communication as not actually matching up with my style of communication, which could be a source of bias.

i thought fabloo would have actually done something related to disqus (this is my new nickname for disquietedakasmartbomb now) within the past hour since he posted about it? one thing that stands out to me is that he seemed to read disqus as town (unless "better halves" means something else) but he seems to change his stance for no apparent reason following the zwj vote, which i don't understand. i'll wait for more on that.

The "better halves" comment is a joke made about last game where people thought I was disquieted before he replaced in. I hate to say this but I think your scumread on me is largely based on the fact you don't know how to read my playstyle therefore if you prod me enough maybe some understanding will come from it. The reality is that I'm not hard to read.

Tom

« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »
Fabloo and Polaris come up as concerned citizens in my opinion and I've read them as town.  They're driving the investigations and are more experienced

« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2020, 08:45:27 PM »
One thing is that I'll scratch my head looking at these posts in quick succession.

I, uh.

They're certainly posts.

Made.

In this thread.

I don't know what else to say. When someone says they don't know what to think and then proceeds to go onto a new thought immediately I kind of have to uh, lose the plot for a bit.

I guess it's scummy. I. Guess.

To clarify, the second post (bringing up the idea that Nucleus was covering for Bardiche) was the kind of thing I was thinking of posting before Bard dipped. I wasn't going to post it after that but then I changed my mind because I wanted to at least bring it to light and maybe get some information out of Nucleus. I can totally see why it seemed weird to you though lol.

Polaris

« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »
The reality is that I'm not hard to read.

people who are not fabloo, please raise your hand if you think fabloo is hard to read

« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »
My opinion on Fabloo is that he's playing his cards very close to his chest. It'd seem to me like that would make him either a Town Role or Scum?