Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819046 times)

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2020, 10:48:10 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Fabloo

WHY IS EVERYONE EMPTY UNVOTING
YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A GOOD REASON TO VOTE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW

Huh? Only me and Polaris have empty unvoted. Why are you being excessive?

Fabloo

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2020, 10:49:03 PM »
wait, did this not mean "there are two players i am considering as scummy"? or did you just mean you were "considering" nucleus and tom

Yeah. Two players I'm considering scummy. No established townreads beyond Tom/Nucleus.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:14 PM »
Votecount
Bardiche (4): BigBangMeteor, Tom, Yaersulf, NekoNekoRex
Fabloo (2): Polaris, Serela
PX (1): NucleusWaffles
raikaria (1): raikaria
Daiya (1): meow56
Tom (1): Bardiche
Disquieted (1): PX
Polaris (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
meow56 (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: zwerdjib, Disquieted, Fabloo, Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:34:34 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
There's only like 5 people around, so 2 is practically half the game. :U If you have two people you're considering as scummy why aren't you voting one? Like I said, this is the point of the game you don't even need a particularly decent reason. If you have something you should be stating it! I could easily -say- I'm considering a few people as scummy but this would be a blatant lie B)

Polaris

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »
tbh daiya also unvoted, but i assumed that was just from a culture clash where people would rather not have a vote than have a meaningless vote

i don't think it's actually that bad of a thing to do, but it's weird if there's a person that someone finds scummy but that person is not voting them.

cut by fabloo, exemplifying what i just said????

Fabloo

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2020, 10:54:07 PM »
There's only like 5 people around, so 2 is practically half the game. :U If you have two people you're considering as scummy why aren't you voting one? Like I said, this is the point of the game you don't even need a particularly decent reason. If you have something you should be stating it! I could easily -say- I'm considering a few people as scummy but this would be a blatant lie B)

I'm selfish sometimes. That's why. To me voting them would do nothing. I want others to look at what I'm saying and make their own judgment before moving on.

Polaris

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2020, 10:56:32 PM »
well, vote stays for now

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »
##Unvote

Bardiche seems by far the most suss person so far. Thoughts?
Could you perhaps elaborate on this? At the time, Bardiche had only posted twice, once to random vote and once to justify that random vote. What about those two posts was so suspicious?

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:36 PM »
i'm a bit conflicted on fabloo right now. their tone is shady as hell, but i've seen difficult townies like them before. their point about tunneling tom/nucleus makes enough sense, although i don't think it's as extreme as they make it sound considering the infancy of the thread.

idfk why you're being so slippery about dropping names, though. anyone could follow your line of reasoning and pick a couple of people who fit that description, but at the end of the day it only makes you look scummy for sitting back and dropping breadcrumbs instead of giving your genuine reads. just. say them.

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »
##Unvote
Could you perhaps elaborate on this? At the time, Bardiche had only posted twice, once to random vote and once to justify that random vote. What about those two posts was so suspicious?

He was quick to point fingers and was the only person my bad and dumb nooby brain could latch onto.  Honestly I'd like to try and contribute more but I have no idea what I'm doing, so don't put too much stock in that.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2020, 11:42:55 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Bardiche

Making my vote on Bard serious. Not that new players should be given a free pass but it just seems like a silly reason to vote for a new player. Tom's logic wasn't circular it was just pretty classic newb waffling of "this could be scum but also it could be town". It feels like Bard was trying to make it a bigger deal than it was.

Fabloo, your reasoning for not voting sucks. By that logic there's no point to ever voting anyone until the end of the phase.

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2020, 11:46:01 PM »
Hah, someone agreed with me on Bard, now I feel vindicated! Fwiw it does kind of seem like he's trying to deflect heat off himself onto lurkers, though his point is still pretty valid.

Polaris

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2020, 11:49:08 PM »
no yaersulf, i think you're doing fine. bard's posted a couple more times since then, so what do you think about those posts? or anyone else's? if you're not sure how to support your claims, even "i have a gut feeling about x" is fine. what helps is keeping people updated on who you think is suspicious (preferably using your vote), because that's the hardest thing to fake as scum.

cut by bbm and yaersulf, which makes this post mildly outdated, but bbm isn't really "agreeing" with you per se because you voted bard before bard voted tom, and bbm is voting bard for voting tom. :thinking: i guess it sort of applies as an update to your case

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2020, 11:56:30 PM »
Bards point about lynching lurkers is correct but you don't have to be town to talk about general mafia theory. It's not related to his reason for voting Tom.

Btw the correct answer on when to use a solo qt as newbtown is never. It's kind of useful if you're more experienced to get out all your thoughts prior to condensing them into something more streamlined and direct. But I think it's actually better for new players to put everything in the thread so more experienced players know that they're legitimately trying to think through things and not use being new as an excuse to not analyze anything. Plus then more experienced players can give feedback.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2020, 11:58:35 PM »
Scumteam is Bard smartbomb raikaria btw game broken already they might as well give up

« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2020, 12:03:08 AM »
I mean, if you think my gut feeling is worth anything it still says Bard is suspicious, he hasn't exactly done anything to allay that. As things stand I'd be happy to leave my vote as is and lynch him.

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2020, 12:11:18 AM »
I do kind of worry though that I'm going to say something stupid if I throw around accusations and get myself lynched despite being town. My level of experience here is like 5 games of Town of Salem ages ago, and pissing off my extended family when we played mafia a few times by claiming scum day 1 repeatedly.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2020, 12:38:50 AM »
I think as long as you don't claim scum as town you're doing ok. Its also ok to claim scum if you actually are scum

It's just a game don't worry about it that much.

Tom

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2020, 12:47:29 AM »
What is turbolynching?

Polaris

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2020, 01:06:32 AM »
turbolynching (aka quicklynching, though turbolynching is like the stronger version) is when people vote someone to majority very quickly, resulting in a lynch without discussion. most often you'll see quicklynches done by scum in lylo in order to secure the win, but there are town quicklynches like in the previous game (where it was obvious that the people being lynched were scum and discussion wasn't really necessary). you might also see it in the context of, like, "oh no we're nearing deadline and there are no wagons, let's quicklynch [scummy person X] guys!!!"

« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2020, 01:10:40 AM »
Does day end as soon as there's a majority lynch vote?

Tom

« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2020, 01:16:11 AM »
Is there a way to end day prematurely?  Like 3/4 majority?

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2020, 01:18:58 AM »
some games have a hammer, but not this one apparently.

Polaris

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2020, 01:20:24 AM »
it's usually the case that reaching majority ends the day (but it doesn't seem to be in the rules? if dormio is paying attention he can clarify, but it might just be that it's such an obvious rule that it was overlooked)

an option to end the day prematurely is usually not a part of base mafia rules, but it could be done via some sort of unique role (usually given to scum, since ending the day prematurely means stifling discussion which is generally anti-town)

someone else should discuss, like, what it means to hammer and what the shakedown should be near the end of deadline, teaching mafia is too hard

Tom

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2020, 01:23:36 AM »
In the rules it mentions "Twilight is the time between the hammer and the moderator's flip." so there should be a hammer?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:35 AM »
Nothing is explicitly stated but since nothing says OTHERWISE and there's a rule about post-hammer time, it seems pretty safe to assume the day immediately ends when someone is voted to majority.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2020, 01:26:09 AM »
idk about other sites but that's pretty much always been how it's worked on motk

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »
zwerdjib has been prodded.

Polaris

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2020, 02:01:44 AM »
well that's a big oof, what the heckie zwerdjib :(

also do you have a nickname? i thought i remembered people calling you zeep but i figured i'd ask just in case

Tom

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:06 AM »
Hmm, their profile page has their "last active" time as April 13, 2020, 08:21:42 PM and Day One began April 13, 2020, 09:55:26 PM which means they haven't been on at all since the game began