Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1030130 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2020, 02:29:04 PM »
##Vote: Nuxl

You were subtly defending zwerd for weak reasons (yes meta is weak most of the time) then when you get called out on it you say it's a joke in #193?

i think youre confusing meta with intuition

nuxl has literally never played w me before

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2020, 03:17:08 PM »
his entire actions the entire game felt incredibly stinted in a way where it's like reading a particular someone(caffeineboost) on smogon.  caffeineboost is a player who acts incredibly scummy as town and sorta towny as scum. pure awkwardness. gut pinged it as "really hard to be coached" here. anybody who votes zeep will feel the steel blade of my katana

Fair enough. Reread him and I can see what you mean about him being awkward. I agree that he definitely wasn't coached, but I don't think that makes him less likely to be scum. TBH reading stuff like this

did it say i was on? i just got the email

just slightly bothered by the wording of what he said, but the more i think on it the less i think its a slip

so ill probs unvote after i put some pressure on

Still annoys me because like...I can see the second line as coming from a townie, and the third line feels kind of self defeating for town to do.

I can get the reasoning behind the NNR vote now. Overall, I'd say like...I'm null on his slot ATM and am more confused where the strong "would not lynch" reads are coming from.

Sidenote: I just realized NNR and Niekstory were different users.

don't have an actual read on his slot atm. think he generally reads awkward and hyperactive but that's not alignment indicative. i'm not actually sure what you were getting at wrt the post you voted him for, unless it's just gut due to the way he phrased it.

It's gut because it doesn't read like a town mindset for someone to be like "if this town dies, maybe the entire town gets a powerup".

Really only like five or so people other than you at that point, but even then if you believe that your engagement with anybody's content other than zwerd was minimal!! So what gives!! Like when you disagreed with Refa, your response was just "nah" instead of pursuing any line of inquiry wrt Refa's vote.

If I entered a game thread with lots of players from different communities and nobody was saying they had any strong meta reads, I would simply conclude there were no strong meta reads yet. Really Nuxl reads like a fake ass fire trucker to me; I think there's more effort being put into feeling out the room and establishing himself right now than reading others, and establishing yourself earlygame I think is something scum with an active playstyle like to do. Town who want to establish themselves are more likely to do so through their productivity and not by talking about their "job in the game" in a game where half the players haven't posted more than jokevotes.

Refa, how passionate are you about your vote on zwerd (relative to earlygame)?
Personally I can't see myself wanting to lynch zwerd today ever but I did have the same initial reaction to his jokevote on you so I can almost understand where you're coming from.

Fake ass fire trucker?

I'm gonna be honest, at first I was like "I should reread Nuxl to see how legit this vote is" but then I was like "but also...I don't want to reread like 1/3 of the posts". I think my initial reaction was less that "this guy wants to seem town" and more "this guy is hyped about the game". I agree that he reads more as feeling out the room than as scumhunting, I just don't agree with the conclusion (if there was scumhunting to be done, I'd be inclined to agree with you but from his POV, there wasn't). This might just be a me thing, but I'm reading the excitement more as more likely to be town. Also I liked his replies to you TBH because it felt like he thought about those things and wasn't being disinterested in scumhunting.

It's the vote I felt the strongest about, but not something I'm confident in. Can you explain your thoughts on him since you mentioned you can't see yourself lynching him?

(I have another post incoming but I think it's more readable if I space them out)

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Prims

idg why you'd think us talking is weird or suspicious Mr. huh what Prims Jesus, if anything me bothering Conq to see if he's town should be nostalgic because I like being able to trust people.

I don't get why this warrants a vote, unless I'm missing something. Honestly, I got the same vibes as Prims so...

MotKtown: where the scum is scummy and town stopped playing.

##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

I don't understand your Prims vote. It feels like a reaction that's disproportionate to what Prims actually posted, like "this is confusing and I want to see where it goes" => "it shouldn't be confusing, you're wrong". Why would that be something voteworthy instead of a point of disagreement?

I don't have a strong read on Nuxl yet but I think the suspicions on his slot are kinda wonky. Rather than being align indicative yet I feel like he's somewhere between excited and culture-shocked. Oarfish, if Zeep was actually a townie instead of scum (whcih seems to be the angle you're pursuing right now), how would that change your current suspicion on Nuxl?

I had the same reaction to Shadoweh TBH and while I'm not sure how scummy that actually is, kinda wanna sheep it for now until I get a better vote. Also I hope you're town because I don't know how to talk to most of the playerbase.

What are your thoughts on Prims' Nuxl read? The other ones seemed kinda wack to me (logic wise) but I thought that one was decent.

@Zwerd- It felt like you were asking about meta a lot until I reread and it only happened twice. Sorry, that's on me. TBH, I can relate to feeling the strongest about a not strong vote which ironically makes me want to vote you less. I'm still curious about SB's question to you.

##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
##Vote: Nuxl

You were subtly defending zwerd for weak reasons (yes meta is weak most of the time) then when you get called out on it you say it's a joke in #193?

omg people are so bad at reading

the katana part was a joke rofl, that was the main point of the post against me

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »
Hey Nuxl, my impression is that you don't have any strong scumreads at the moment, but if you had to scumread someone, who would it be and why?

Nuxl

« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2020, 04:01:43 PM »
Hey Nuxl, my impression is that you don't have any strong scumreads at the moment, but if you had to scumread someone, who would it be and why?

this is kind of a bad q right? im not interested in forcing a read i currently don't have if it's not high confidence

but homework for you: can you look at o4rfish's initial two posts on page 7 and tell me what you think? i think the skill level of that player is very important for my read on them. ignore the other posts they have, i have prewritten notes on the page for the other posts but need to know if what im seeing is just me

i think shadowehs page 4 was a weak ping (i even responded to it! guys im scumhunting omg)bc that sort of declaration was made like 5 hours itg. If I had to connect it, it reminds me of something tbz did as scum to justify his rvs vote on smogon rewind on smogon dot com. so i can see the votes behind it. i don't mega hate the prims vote post but also do not remember it at this point of time

Nuxl

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »
at this point of the game townreads are more important because you have a poe to work under. it's easier to correctly identify somebody as town and work under a winning poe than scumreading honestly. in the latter you are easily able to make a declaration of "this person does not feel town" and thus can shove them in for later

of course, happens in games with eggs in one basket players

Nuxl

« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »
Nuxl. Seriously. Slow down. Over a third of the posts in the topic is yours.
Do you have any thoughts

Fair enough. Reread him and I can see what you mean about him being awkward. I agree that he definitely wasn't coached, but I don't think that makes him less likely to be scum. TBH reading stuff like this

Still annoys me because like...I can see the second line as coming from a townie, and the third line feels kind of self defeating for town to do.

I can get the reasoning behind the NNR vote now. Overall, I'd say like...I'm null on his slot ATM and am more confused where the strong "would not lynch" reads are coming from.

Sidenote: I just realized NNR and Niekstory were different users.

It's gut because it doesn't read like a town mindset for someone to be like "if this town dies, maybe the entire town gets a powerup".

Reading by skill level is a good way to parse out your reads. If you can gauge how much someone should "be a normal player" then it makes you able to apply things you see in normal(or, not normal if they don't fit your quota) players. In this case people like CaffeineBoost back home are easy reads because they do dumb stuff like this for no reason. There is no motive, they are just awkward. "This is so extra" tells only really work if a player in question isn't just naturally extra LOL

Nuxl

« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
Could this be a scumtell? :thonk:

Difference is Tommy plays on 451 all the time and last I checked hasn't logged on since his confirmation for this one so dunno

Nuxl

« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2020, 04:20:32 PM »
nevermind im a wizard

(and his addendum)

(im going to assume the addendum is addressed to me too @ refa)

this is actually the exact opposite of what im doing (except asking about lurker policy, thats its own thing) and it does really help to understand expectations of players of the site as it gives me some insight into what is likely to happen. i dont, however, blindly believe in meta as a tool to push people - very different from nuxl here - but i think an established pattern is hard to break and at the very least something of a starting point. a guideline more than a metric

with that said i still believe we should be totally pushing people, regardless of what their projected reaction will be. and i believe you agree with me there. so this is more like a reiteration than argument

well this is an annoying and unhealthy mindset

of course we are going to dick around and say literally nothing. thats what was happening before lol

i would love to scumhunt with 2 pages of nothingness but im afraid thats simply not feasible. though i get the feeling youre talking more about post volume here

im going to defend nuxl here because the sites we come from are, for some people, literally considered one and the same so i understand why he carries the posting style he does. post style/volume is generally nai so its kind of unfair to read him for this

otoh if you are genuinely talking about his content, youre not actually pulling any examples to criticize so i dont see where youre going with that

final note: what benefit does it bring to mafia to clutter thread when you can. yknow. isolate posts. i would like to know

you sure you want my opinions? you havent seemed to like them thus far, heh

well, for the third time, the nnr thing is the best thing i have. i dont think reading into shadoweh/conq will do much good for me (especially since that appears to be related to site meta, which is exactly what youre criticizing) so i may as fire trucking well see how far we may get with a lurker.

i will, of course, change my mind if anything happens but so far we have gotten almost nowhere in 7 pages. this is an attempt to try to get somewhere

(sorry this took all morning. breakfast -> bus -> check-in eats a lot of time up)

What do you think your vote is currently accomplishing right now? There is a correct answer to this

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »
What do you think your vote is currently accomplishing right now? There is a correct answer to this

nothing. help me out tbqh

Nuxl

« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2020, 04:37:14 PM »
nothing. help me out tbqh

That was the correct answer LOL

« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
Do you have any thoughts
My thoughts: This is my first game and all the heavy lingo is making my head hurt.

Also NNR still has yet to vote.

##Unvote: Dormio
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
The answer is just going to make you mad though, I said that to bug you and you're reacting by being more pushy and considering putting in effort, which is cute and townie of you. I decided while mining iridium that I should stop bugging you when I think you're reaction is townie. :kassgiggle:
Okay, so I have a confession to make. Around the time I called you a goonhead, I realized you were just trying to get a rise out of me, but I kept going because I wanted to see what you would do. How does that change your read of my reaction?
I don't actually get your Prims vote atm, is it just because he found us suspicious in a throwaway line? It feels like you were just trying to find a way to get your vote off me and picked Prims for some reason I can't really figure out.

Ah and I just read sb's vote and he's saying the same stuff, cool.

Wrt nuxl since he seems to be a topic of interest, I don't have a townread on him per se but a lot of the pressure on him is coming from what I feel is playstyle difference stuff which is almost always null. Will have to digest some of the posts people are making about him later when I get back from work since my mind is skimming over them atm.

zwerd post an actual opinion on people, enough stuff has happened that you can do that by now. i dont see why the nnr thing could be the best thing you have when it's almost quite literally nothing compared to all the stuff in here recently.

testing to see if there's a word filter. fire truck. firetruck. fu.ck.

Conqueror

« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
Also if I have a second vote right now it goes on Serela for making a drive-by post to a drive-by comment just because I suspect he'll be in the same place 24 hours from now (Serela this is your queue to make an actual post, I know you can do better).

Conqueror

« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2020, 05:11:28 PM »
My thoughts: This is my first game and all the heavy lingo is making my head hurt.

Also NNR still has yet to vote.

##Unvote: Dormio
##Vote: NekoNekoRex
A lot of other people also have yet to vote. What do you think of all the lingo and arguments that have been thrown around so far?

Conqueror

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2020, 05:15:19 PM »
correction: it looks like it's actually only nnr and duskfall but my question still stands

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
There is a word filter but it can be turned off locally in one's profile page (under the Look and Layout options).

Vote Count 1.3

O4rfish (Rumia) (0):
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (2): Raikaria, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0): sb, Niektory
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (4): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (1): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (1): Serela
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (1): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Nuxl
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (3): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Duskfall98

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have a tremendous number of nanoseconds remaining to cast your votes.

NekoNekoRex and Duskfall98 have been prodded for inactivity. The more things change!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2020, 05:53:28 PM »
Okay, so I have a confession to make. Around the time I called you a goonhead, I realized you were just trying to get a rise out of me, but I kept going because I wanted to see what you would do. How does that change your read of my reaction?
I don't actually get your Prims vote atm, is it just because he found us suspicious in a throwaway line? It feels like you were just trying to find a way to get your vote off me and picked Prims for some reason I can't really figure out.

Ah and I just read sb's vote and he's saying the same stuff, cool.

Wrt nuxl since he seems to be a topic of interest, I don't have a townread on him per se but a lot of the pressure on him is coming from what I feel is playstyle difference stuff which is almost always null. Will have to digest some of the posts people are making about him later when I get back from work since my mind is skimming over them atm.

zwerd post an actual opinion on people, enough stuff has happened that you can do that by now. i dont see why the nnr thing could be the best thing you have when it's almost quite literally nothing compared to all the stuff in here recently.

testing to see if there's a word filter. fire truck. firetruck. fu.ck.

in class right now so thats why im not deleting the unnecessary part of the quote but ill have some reads done in about 2 hours

Nuxl

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
There is a word filter but it can be turned off locally in one's profile page (under the Look and Layout options).

Vote Count 1.3

O4rfish (Rumia) (0):
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (2): Raikaria, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0): sb, Niektory
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (4): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (1): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (1): Serela
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (1): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Nuxl
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (3): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Duskfall98

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have a tremendous number of nanoseconds remaining to cast your votes.

NekoNekoRex and Duskfall98 have been prodded for inactivity. The more things change!

Are you allowed to reveal how Duskfall was prodded?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2020, 06:18:55 PM »
good question ngl because hes probs not gonna pop on unless hes directly prodded on discord idt

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
*Gets in from work after train cancellations and being a sardine*

*7 new pages*

Well some things don't change. Also if I'm inactive for a little bit over 24 hours give me some leeway before a prod, it's probably trains.

I look at the votecount and immediately some people seemingly doublevoting and votes in bold and italics stand out.

I have some more immediate matters to attend to, I'll be back within the next 2 hours so I can properly read and such.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
*Gets in from work after train cancellations and being a sardine*

*7 new pages*

Well some things don't change. Also if I'm inactive for a little bit over 24 hours give me some leeway before a prod, it's probably trains.

I look at the votecount and immediately some people seemingly doublevoting and votes in bold and italics stand out.

I have some more immediate matters to attend to, I'll be back within the next 2 hours so I can properly read and such.

those are vote history, not doublevotes

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2020, 07:02:51 PM »
I sent forum PMs to prod.

If someone wishes to PM me Duskfall's Discord so I can make private contact in that manner, that would be fine. Please do not post it publicly or go to Duskfall on your own, though.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »
Someone not playing has provided me with Duskfall's discord info. Thanks!

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
those are vote history, not doublevotes

Makes sense, I'd only skimmed the very top of the pile.

Anyway, it seems the majority of the posts are zwerdjib and Nuxl posting everything that pops into their brains and overthinking things. Something that keeps coming up is "Meta".

Allow me to address that:

1: It's been like; 2~3 years since the last MotK Mafia. The "Meta" could likly have changed. Especially considering there are new players so even if everyone played the same, new players could disrupt the "Meta"

2: Meta is generally scum low-effort and don't contribute much. Town chase each other in tails trying to find scummy things and make cases so they look like they are making ~effort~ to look like town. However, by virtue of posting more content, there is more for the other townies to use to try and make some sort of case. This leads to town lynching town while scum just lurks; wagons, or pushes wagons.

Except we also have players who always low-effort like NekoNekoRex. And of course, people's lives have changed. My activity is going to be absolutely nowhere near where it used to be, for example.

tl;dr: You newcomers really shouldn't worry about the "Meta". Your very existence makes any previous "Meta" irrelevant anyway.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »
Also I'll be floating around for the next 4~5 hours in and out, and I should be significantly more active over the weekend, which includes deadline.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2020, 08:21:01 PM »
Makes sense, I'd only skimmed the very top of the pile.

Anyway, it seems the majority of the posts are zwerdjib and Nuxl posting everything that pops into their brains and overthinking things. Something that keeps coming up is "Meta".

Allow me to address that:

1: It's been like; 2~3 years since the last MotK Mafia. The "Meta" could likly have changed. Especially considering there are new players so even if everyone played the same, new players could disrupt the "Meta"

2: Meta is generally scum low-effort and don't contribute much. Town chase each other in tails trying to find scummy things and make cases so they look like they are making ~effort~ to look like town. However, by virtue of posting more content, there is more for the other townies to use to try and make some sort of case. This leads to town lynching town while scum just lurks; wagons, or pushes wagons.

Except we also have players who always low-effort like NekoNekoRex. And of course, people's lives have changed. My activity is going to be absolutely nowhere near where it used to be, for example.

tl;dr: You newcomers really shouldn't worry about the "Meta". Your very existence makes any previous "Meta" irrelevant anyway.

not gonna speak for nuxl here, but what im concerned about is site meta (which youve touched on here, so, thanks)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2020, 08:22:05 PM »
@ refa mind quoting sb's question to me? cant find it, i think you may have misread somewhere

« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »
What are your thoughts on Prims' Nuxl read? The other ones seemed kinda wack to me (logic wise) but I thought that one was decent.

I think Prims' read is fine in that it's not scummy but I think non-sf/motk is so different (based more around townhunting instead of scumhunting) that I don't think it actually reflects badly on Nuxl, yet. I think that it becomes scummy if nothing changes over time, but it's not worth looking at for now.

Zeep, what alignment would you guess Nuxl as? There's a lot of Nuxl defence but I don't actually know what your read on him is. Cut: my question was literally "what do you think of Nuxl" so respond to this, I guess.

Nuxl, if I told you Oarfish has had a number of dubious plays in past games (remembering the Serela vengekill still makes me want to scream a little), what would your read on them be? I think seeing your notes now rather than later is good.