Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029367 times)

AbuHumaid

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #690 on: March 08, 2020, 04:58:01 PM »
Have you ever spoke about mafia vig theory in a game before and if you have can you link it
What theory?

AbuHumaid

« Reply #691 on: March 08, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
No I haven't

« Reply #692 on: March 08, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
Niek coaching is when a more experienced player tells their scumbuddy what to do/how to play

« Reply #693 on: March 08, 2020, 05:01:09 PM »
No I haven't

Ok you are usually best to shoot lhf slots that are not going to be town cleared

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #694 on: March 08, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »
Ok you are usually best to shoot lhf slots that are not going to be town cleared

lhf? curious

« Reply #695 on: March 08, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #696 on: March 08, 2020, 05:15:38 PM »
Low hanging fruit

oh. i would agree but who even fits that desc

« Reply #697 on: March 08, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
@anyone do modkills end day on this site?
Quoted from the rules:
- Related to the above, I reserve the right to make sure any modkills I deliver come with the most detrimental consequences to the dead player's faction.
So I guess the answer is probably "Yes if the killed player is town".

Xinnidy has requested a replacement from the current game due to unforeseen reality circumstances. If you, yes you, the person reading this! is interested, or you know someone that would be interested, please let me know in private.
Lynch him! Problem solved! (Probably a stupid idea)

Niek coaching is when a more experienced player tells their scumbuddy what to do/how to play
Yeah I figured as much but I'm curious if it's something done in the day thread.

« Reply #698 on: March 08, 2020, 05:22:33 PM »
Coaching is done in scum chat

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #699 on: March 08, 2020, 06:10:22 PM »
raik

Shoot shadoweh imo if she's not gonna do anything, shoot like nnr or something i guess otherwise o dunno someone who is widely scumread

If Abu herovigs he is probably scum and we should lynch him tomorrow, if he doesn't we can deal with it again tomorrow regardless

So now we're going from 'Hey guys that townread me help me lynch this guy so he doesn't shoot me' to 'shoot the guy who's scumreading me'.

I mean, I assume that's your reasoning. You haven't given any other.

And then saying 'Vig Raikaria' and then voting me is counterproductive, right? Who is Abu supposed to vig if that wagon actually rolls? You again?

Okay I chilled out a little.
If you don't want me to shoot Duskfall then give me suggestions because I don't really have reads atm and I don't feel like backreading right now.
Or
Just lynch me ignoring the fact that I claimed a provable PR.

Either option works.

I mean, if you want people to not think you're scum, you should probably convince people by scumhunting?

Also I would say to vig Duskfall; because he's my largest scumread still [And his OMGUS-y wagon flip doesn't help], but you're the one with the gun, if you live. I don't have a gun.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #700 on: March 08, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
Vote Count 1.12

AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (6): Serela, Duskfall98, Conqueror, Prims, Dormio Ergo Sum, Nuxl, Serela, O4rfish
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (3): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims, sb, Refa, Duskfall98
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (3): Nuxl, Raikaria, AbuHumaid, Shadoweh
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory, O4rfish, zwerdjib
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (1): sb, Niektory, Xinnidy
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (1): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa, O4rfish
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (1): Serela, Prims, NekoNekoRex
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (0): Raikaria, Shadoweh
O4rfish (Rumia) (0): Raikaria, Dormio Ergo Sum
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Xinnidy
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa, NekoNekoRex
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (0): No one!

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have 3 hours and 40 minutes to cast your votes.

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #701 on: March 08, 2020, 06:25:09 PM »
In thread and might just fall asleep or something again dunno

Why are people still voting offwagon!!!!

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #702 on: March 08, 2020, 06:27:57 PM »
I'm here to vote whenever.

I still think Abu should be lynched.

I'm not particularly interested in lynching either Dusk/Raikaria over him

« Reply #703 on: March 08, 2020, 06:29:29 PM »
And then saying 'Vig Raikaria' and then voting me is counterproductive, right? Who is Abu supposed to vig if that wagon actually rolls? You again?

When did I say vig raikaria

Also when did I try force anyone into voting where they didn't want to?

« Reply #704 on: March 08, 2020, 06:30:26 PM »
I'm here to vote whenever.

I still think Abu should be lynched.

I'm not particularly interested in lynching either Dusk/Raikaria over him

Do you think raik is town rn?

« Reply #705 on: March 08, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
@Refa I kind of answered this before but I have more thoughts after sleep. It's been literal years since I've seen him play but I think this is something town Dormio could do. I don't feel good about Oarfish votes but I don't have a problem with Dormio's (in terms of finding him scummy) because his case isn't actually wrong, I just disagree because my personal interactions with Oarfish have made me feel like they have strong conviction towards their cases that I don't feel like scum had, and without them I'd probably be in Dormio's camp.

Shadoweh feels like they're getting caught on really small things, not sure what to make of it? I do kind of agree with Prims has felt a little off in places though, namely that the voteswap to Abu felt kinda... uncaring? And I'm confused why their gut reaction to Abu's claim was to lynch them? I don't think a lot of people would crumb as a vig either since it's so provable and the wagon popped up really quickly, I can see why Abu as either alignment wouldn't feel like they're being lynched (or have strong scumreads to vig N1 organically tbh).

I don't actually have problems with the way Abu claimed in terms of "this is a scummy post" but I think the "I surrender" post is reaaally bad, even if the situation around it feels wrong? The only one of the later pushes I liked on them was Conq's and that was the one that made them bail. I think I could see town!Abu wanting to quit based on the general context of the game and not wanting to put more effort in. Meh.

Anyway, I'm not big on Serela's post where they voted them? I do believe they were cut off by the vig claim but I think they would've had at least some kind of reaction to it beyond "this is notable". It looks more like an angle of "I don't know which angle to push but if I can still get the lynch through, this is good". It's weird because they don't even vanish, they stay around to write 3 more paragraphs on Shadoweh while responding to Abu but somehow the vig thing never crosses their mind. This is moot if Abu flips scum but bothers me a lot if they aren't.

Rai's response to the Abu wagon is kinda confusing. They say "these parts of the wagon concern me" but it's only talking about Prims' crumb thing and responding to a comment Abu made saying "your wagon could be made up of any alignment", which isn't really useful. In general their stance of the whole wagon bothers me: "I don't feel either way about the wagon, so it can go through" without offering much of an opinion on Abu himself.

I have 2 pages still to read properly but I'm eating soon and this is already too long. I am conflicted about Abu's posts themselves (the best I can give him is "I understand why town!Abu would post this) but the wagon on them has a lot of parts I don't like and I would rather lynch Raikaria, although I think that might be impossible. It feels like we're cruising towards a mislynch though.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #706 on: March 08, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
query (Playerbase)
{
        cout <<(Statement36)
}
I mentioned it before in my posts but, in case anybody hasn't been keeping up with the rules, I'll state it more explicitly: If we no lynch, the scum team gets a double kill during the night phase.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #707 on: March 08, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: raikaria

Self preservation

Nuxl

« Reply #708 on: March 08, 2020, 06:47:52 PM »
There's a lot of resistance to raikaria's wagon compared to abu's (nobody's really hard defending Abu, some people coming out of nowhere to say raik is town). Only person who answered my experience question was arthur. Thread trajectory looks like it's going to Abu, whose flail felt like it was throwing stuff on a wall but can't yet discern what alignment it's coming from but this kind of makes me want to go raik, but can't afford to go raik since I don't think 5 other people will follow!

@duskfall98 have you seen this behavior from him before?

Duskfall wagon in general is just lol and it came outta nowhere but I can't really say it's offwagon since it's the same amount of votes as raik now

Disappointed with NNR's Serela vote and subsequent offvotes since they were literally when we mentioned it was maj so it is effectively accomplishing nothing

O4rfish response to Abu pretty pure I think, zwer's too to a lesser extent

Mafia have no incentive to see a lynch through because they get 2 kills bc of it right? Pretty scary!

Nuxl

« Reply #709 on: March 08, 2020, 06:49:52 PM »
@arthur do you always expect people to crumb...?

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #710 on: March 08, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
Do you think raik is town rn?

If I were a betting man, from the one post they made after a couple days of not existing, I would wager on it.

I have yet to carefully examine all their posts just yet though

« Reply #711 on: March 08, 2020, 06:54:51 PM »
Haven't read nuxls post yet will in a sec, but honestly the best thing Abu has going for him imo is raik dancing around the wagon

« Reply #712 on: March 08, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »
Ok I'm not as experienced with Abu as everyone seems to think I am we've played together like twice mad one of those games I was scum

« Reply #713 on: March 08, 2020, 06:57:45 PM »
Also nuxl I always have a wagon so I don't think voting me alone is necessarily scummy on its own it's the reasoning why

AbuHumaid

« Reply #714 on: March 08, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »
Nuxl just vote raik then

"I don't think ppl will follow" is not an excuse, raik already has 4 votes.

Nuxl

« Reply #715 on: March 08, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
Also nuxl I always have a wagon so I don't think voting me alone is necessarily scummy on its own it's the reasoning why

Meant in premise of uh, needing to hit 9, literally anywhere

« Reply #716 on: March 08, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
Nuxl just vote raik then

We absolutely have to hammer if we don't hammer someone scum get an extra kill and there is no lynch

Nuxl

« Reply #717 on: March 08, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »
Nuxl just vote raik then

You realize my vote is irrelevant if people don't follow rofl, nobody gets lynched if any wagon hits 9. Consider it a quasi vote bc it's brought up

AbuHumaid

« Reply #718 on: March 08, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »
Oh no, there's no plurality voting? smh

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #719 on: March 08, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
not sure if raik outright multiple times ignoring me makes him more town or more scum