Author Topic: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1  (Read 14642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2024, 02:16:31 AM »
> Reassuringly nod to the fairy effectively saying "We got this."
> Once we get the structure lifted slightly off the ground slide the orb below the center and have it apply an upwards force to keep it from 'sagging' in the middle.

> Ask Cirno to mark where it should go.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2024, 04:44:04 AM »
> Reassuringly nod to the fairy effectively saying "We got this."
> Once we get the structure lifted slightly off the ground slide the orb below the center and have it apply an upwards force to keep it from 'sagging' in the middle.

> Ask Cirno to mark where it should go.
> You give a nod and lift the structure, using your orb form to carry it alongside you.

> "Uhhh. There." Cirno points over to an igloo in the distance.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2024, 12:24:14 PM »
> Place it close to the igloo as directed.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2024, 07:44:21 PM »
> Place it close to the igloo as directed.
> You place the tower near the igloo.
> "No, on top of it." Cirno corrects.
> "That's fine. You can use it as a reference to build a bigger one on top of your home, right?" The other fairy advises.
> "Oh, good point. I'll make a better one!"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2024, 04:42:31 AM »
> Try placing it ontop of the igloo but don't let go fully, make sure the igloo isn't giving way due to the weight.  These fairies aren't exactly architects...
> Dispel the orb out of underneath and slide it inside to apply an upward force from within so the entire thing doesn't roll off the igloo.  Expand it to mostly fill the room it's in to spread the lifting distribution so that it doesn't make an orb shaped hole in the ceiling instead of supporting it.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2024, 05:35:12 AM »
> Try placing it ontop of the igloo but don't let go fully, make sure the igloo isn't giving way due to the weight.  These fairies aren't exactly architects...
> Dispel the orb out of underneath and slide it inside to apply an upward force from within so the entire thing doesn't roll off the igloo.  Expand it to mostly fill the room it's in to spread the lifting distribution so that it doesn't make an orb shaped hole in the ceiling instead of supporting it.
> You place the spire atop the igloo. Surprisingly, the igloo doesn't seem to budge. It's like this thing was made to take a bunch of hits...
> The Igloo has no opening on the top, nor does the spire have an opening on the bottom. The tower is pretty much a gigantic snow-cicle or snow cone.
> Cirno seems to get to work freezing the surroundings of the bottom of the spire, pretty much welding it onto the igloo. Though, again, that doesn't connect their interiors...
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2024, 09:31:30 AM »
> So it's just a solid piece?

> Let go once it's mostly stabilized and float up to the top to inspect it from above.  How's the view?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2024, 05:02:34 AM »
> So it's just a solid piece?

> Let go once it's mostly stabilized and float up to the top to inspect it from above.  How's the view?
> Yes.
> You head up and examine the in progress work.
> it doesn't look bad for a fairy's work.
> "I wonder what brought her to start on this." Your other half considers. "On that note, we may have ended up somewhere different than expected. Both the ice fairy and the great fairy look different than before."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2024, 06:00:09 AM »
> Different in what way does she look?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 06:54:05 AM by Tom »

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2024, 11:55:37 PM »
> Different in what way does she look?
> The green haired fairy tagging along with Cirno seems smaller than you recall. In almost every way, even her hair. You recall her fitting the name Daiyousei well in being quite a Big fairy, but now, you'd day even fairy maids are bigger than this one...
> The ice fairy also looks smaller than you remember. Not smaller than that instance at the height of her incident, at least, but still.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2024, 10:34:21 AM »
> Huh?
> Do our surroundings look any different?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2024, 08:54:35 PM »
> Huh?
> Do our surroundings look any different?
> No. This still seems to be the Misty Lake you're familiar with, you believe. Obviously, the tower Cirno is making is new.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2024, 03:25:50 PM »
> Could it just be the change of perspective from looking at them from afar?  Or do they look legitimately smaller compared to their surroundings?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2024, 12:05:31 PM »
> Could it just be the change of perspective from looking at them from afar?  Or do they look legitimately smaller compared to their surroundings?
> You've been up close and comparing them to things like the mansion, and they seem smaller. Sakuya, however, doesn't seem different, at least from what you can tell.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2024, 12:42:04 PM »
> Perhaps they're using some kind of spell to make themselves smaller?  But for what purpose?

> Fly over to Sakuya and ask when did they start forming the ice structure, something so big must've taken some amount of time to build.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2024, 01:56:02 AM »
> Perhaps they're using some kind of spell to make themselves smaller?  But for what purpose?

> Fly over to Sakuya and ask when did they start forming the ice structure, something so big must've taken some amount of time to build.
> Sakuya is still recently absent. At best, Meiling seems to be present outside.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2024, 03:01:31 PM »
> We know who Meiling is?  Head on over then and ask!

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2024, 05:08:10 PM »
> We know who Meiling is?  Head on over then and ask!
> You believe you're only missing knowledge on anyone new. Most of the frequent people around Gensokyo, you do at least know of.
> You head down to the gate and ask when this ice structure started.
> "Hm..." Meiling thinks for a moment. "The fairy maids warned me that she was doing something near the mansion a while ago. Maybe an hour ago? Then again, I didn't see anything showing up over the gate until more recently."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2024, 05:34:41 PM »
> In shock "An hour ago!?"
> Comment "That's quick for a fairy!"

> Ask "Anything unusual about her or the way the structure was built?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2024, 03:31:34 AM »
> In shock "An hour ago!?"
> Comment "That's quick for a fairy!"

> Ask "Anything unusual about her or the way the structure was built?"
> "I wasn't watching her closely. I guess she just went for it. Maybe one of her friends dared her to make such a thing."
> "Well, there are a few abnormal fairies." Your other half adds. "This much in such a time isn't impossible. By the way, do you know of a redhead also dressed in red who can safely remove her head?"
> "No? Have there been ghost sightings or something?" Meiling asks.
> "Maybe it was all a dream?" He questions. "Or this is?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2024, 07:45:05 PM »
> Do we notice Meiling having an aura?

> Ask our other half "You're looking for her?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2024, 04:54:15 AM »
> Do we notice Meiling having an aura?

> Ask our other half "You're looking for her?"
> You do notice such a thing. It's again different from both Sakuya's and Cirno's.

> "Not really. If this were like that dream, that Sekibanki girl should've been a maid here. Though it certainly felt real, there's nothing left around here that'd prove it was." He comments.
> You notice that your other half has that strange apparition as well. Though, it doesn't feel strange compared to them. It's familiar, enough to call it your own, even. It's almost like a mirror, if a bit different.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2024, 11:20:22 AM »
> Noticing the aura on our other half comment "Something is afoot!"
> Ask our other half (and Meiling) if we look a little funny or strange today.
> Does each person's aura feel unique?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2024, 11:32:32 AM »
> Noticing the aura on our other half comment "Something is afoot!"
> Ask our other half (and Meiling) if we look a little funny or strange today.
> Does each person's aura feel unique?
> "Funny? Uh... well, the two of you seem pretty close." Meiling remarks. "Like family or something. I guess all i could say is your hair being different colors from each other is strange."
> "Not physically. But what you're seeing, I'm pretty sure I'm seeing as well." Anzen comments.
> They have so far.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2024, 06:30:48 AM »
> Laugh "Y-you could say that..."

> Suggest "Let's investigate elsewhere too then..." and ask Meiling if we can visit the mansion and ask about the auras.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2024, 08:29:18 AM »
> Laugh "Y-you could say that..."

> Suggest "Let's investigate elsewhere too then..." and ask Meiling if we can visit the mansion and ask about the auras.
> "I'm afraid I can't let you in. Visitors are usually prohibited, unless invited." Meiling says.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2024, 11:38:09 AM »
> We'll come back later then...

> Fly to the human village and land a short distance from it, before continuing by walking to be as discrete as possible.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2024, 05:53:06 AM »
> We'll come back later then...

> Fly to the human village and land a short distance from it, before continuing by walking to be as discrete as possible.
> You take off for the human village, landing before the entrance and walking in.
> You haven't been here often so you're not sure what a regular day would look like. Neither is Anzen, but it looks like there isn't a lot going on?
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2024, 06:30:12 AM »
> Take a stroll through town and look at the various establishments.  What kind of stores and restaurants are there?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2024, 10:47:51 AM »
> Take a stroll through town and look at the various establishments.  What kind of stores and restaurants are there?
> You make your way through the village. There are a few business here and there, but it looks like there's a higher concentration of trade going on alone a certain path.
> "A market." Anzen speaks. "Are there any other villages to trade goods between, or is this the only one in Gensokyo, as it seems...?"
> There appear to be other non-humans in this village aside from yourself. Even another Oni has her eyes on you. You wonder if she's looking for a fight somewhere secluded? Actually, you think she was in that dream before. A pink haired woman with a bandaged arm and horns. Though, this one doesn't have visible horns, nor the hood she wore at that time. Maybe she's just her sister? Or maybe that dream was just really twisted...
>_