Author Topic: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1  (Read 14256 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2024, 02:40:46 PM »
> "An excellent idea..."
> Locate ice fairy in question and challenge her to a duel!

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2024, 11:46:19 PM »
> "An excellent idea..."
> Locate ice fairy in question and challenge her to a duel!
> You leave the current fairies alone, not that any of them started going after you yet, and head for Misty Lake. Surely she'll be there, if not on the way.
> Sure enough, you do find Cirno at the destination.
> She appears to be building a structure of some sort near the nearby mansion. A spire, or maybe just a tower. Though, Sakuya is already confronting her.
> "Well it's not inside your gates. This is our lake anyways, you guys just came here afterwards." Cirno questions. "I didn't just make some Scarlet Devil Tower or something for you guys."
> "Are we going to have a problem in the end?" Sakuya questions.
> "It doesn't have to be. Will it be alright if we don't make a lot of noise?" Another fairy questions the maid.
> "Hm..." Sakuya considers.

> Now that you're close to others, you notice something strange about them coming into focus. It's like someone put glasses on you and you're seeing things that weren't there before.
> For Cirno, it feels like something mostly chilly and egotistical. You can notice similar things in Sakuya and the other fairy, though different for each...
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2024, 12:59:15 AM »
> What do these 'auras' look like?
> Land nearby and casually stroll towards the fairies and this Sakuya.
> Inquire "What seems to be the problem here?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2024, 01:44:19 AM »
> What do these 'auras' look like?
> Land nearby and casually stroll towards the fairies and this Sakuya.
> Inquire "What seems to be the problem here?"
> They don't have much of a form you can discern.
> You land and approach.
> "It'd nothing a passerby should worry about." Sakuya says.
> "These guys are trying to monopoly the lake!"
> "Monopolize." The other fairy corrects Cirno.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2024, 09:24:06 PM »
> "Monopoly?  That sounds like a fun game..." laugh.
> Propose "How about you settle it this way: both of you challenge me to a duel simultaneously, whoever lands the most hits on me before the end wins and gets to have it their way..."
> That'll force the two of them to set their differences asside work together.
> Let our other half know we might need to summon them temporarily for backup during the fight if they agree.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:46:02 PM by Tom »

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2024, 10:34:10 PM »
> "Monopoly?  That sounds like a fun game..." laugh.
> Propose "How about you settle it this way: both of you challenge me to a duel simultaneously, whoever lands the most hits on me before the end wins and gets to have it their way..."
> That'll force the two of them to set their differences asside work together.
> Let our other half know we might need to summon them temporarily for backup during the fight if they agree.
> "I see no reason for me to agree to such a thing. I could deal with this lot myself." Sakuya says.
> "Be that as it may-" The other half of you chimes in. "fairies are tenacious creatures. What stops them from doing it again and again?"
> "What stops them from doing that regardless if they lose?" Sakuya questions back. "I've heard few stories of fairies that stick to such agreements, let alone listening to them in the first place."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2024, 12:51:05 AM »
> In a echoy, almost divine like voice (if we can) "If this fairy does not abide by the terms of this duel she shall face divine retribution and be banished to the gates of a faraway land." summon a magical energy ball spin on our finger for emphasis.
> ...Makai sounds just about right for this troublemaker.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2024, 06:58:32 AM »
> In a echoy, almost divine like voice (if we can) "If this fairy does not abide by the terms of this duel she shall face divine retribution and be banished to the gates of a faraway land." summon a magical energy ball spin on our finger for emphasis.
> ...Makai sounds just about right for this troublemaker.
> "I'm not afraid of any gods." Cirno says in defiance to your warning. "I've been banished through my own back before and I still beat the God that did it. I'm not afraid of anything! I even beat an enma who was super effective against specifically fairies."
> "Just because they're a living statue doesn't mean they're an enma, Cirno..." The fairy beside her states. "Though, that is impressive for someone who's just a fairy."
> "Hmhm☆"
> "You say that like you aren't yourself." Sakuya comments.
> "You're not just a human yourself, either." The fairy retorts.
> "...Hm. I guess I'll concede, for now." The maid speaks after a bit of consideration in response to that accusation.
> "Hah, i knew you were afraid of me." Cirno boasts. "I'll spare you this time, and my tower wont bother your mansion."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2024, 06:37:02 PM »
> Maintain a stern look to ensure the fairies don't try some kind of underhanded trick!  Summon the orb to spin above our palm for emphasis.

> Has anyone's 'aura' changed?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 12:47:34 AM by Tom »

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2024, 01:30:59 AM »
> Maintain a stern look to ensure the fairies don't try some kind of underhanded trick!  Summon the orb to spin above our palm for emphasis.

> Has anyone's 'aura' changed?
> None have.
> You summon the orb form for a more physical threat.
> "Why are you still so tense? Do you wanna take on my tower?" Cirno accuses.
> "They were just trying to settle the dispute moments ago, Cirno.." The other fairy says.
> "That doesn't mean they're not trying to get it for thrmselves."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2024, 03:23:00 AM »
> Ugh, misunderstandings...
> In an echoy voice affirm "We do not wish to take your tower..." and dispel the orb.
> Turn towards Sakuya and continue "We assume their little experiment can stay provided they don't cause any problems...  It's made of ice after all and will only be here until they find something more interesting to pursue."

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2024, 01:46:10 AM »
> Ugh, misunderstandings...
> In an echoy voice affirm "We do not wish to take your tower..." and dispel the orb.
> Turn towards Sakuya and continue "We assume their little experiment can stay provided they don't cause any problems...  It's made of ice after all and will only be here until they find something more interesting to pursue."
> "Likely, though I hope they don't take this as a green light to do other things near the mansion." Sakuya responds.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2024, 10:41:14 PM »
> Have we always seen these auras when in Gensokyo?  What about in Makai?

> Point the fairies towards the far side of the lake and suggest "Intruders would attack from that side, that would be the strongest positioning for a tower or castle!"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2024, 12:10:27 AM »
> Have we always seen these auras when in Gensokyo?  What about in Makai?

> Point the fairies towards the far side of the lake and suggest "Intruders would attack from that side, that would be the strongest positioning for a tower or castle!"
> Not at all.
> "What if they think the same thing and change their idea?" Cirno questions. "Then I couldn't face them head on."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2024, 09:03:46 PM »
> Ask "How would they have the same idea if I've only told you about it? Attacking from this side means they would have to face both the Scarlet Mansion and the fairies at the same time.  It would be much easier to start from the far side which is currently unguarded!"
> Point towards the far side.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2024, 02:41:07 AM »
> Ask "How would they have the same idea if I've only told you about it? Attacking from this side means they would have to face both the Scarlet Mansion and the fairies at the same time.  It would be much easier to start from the far side which is currently unguarded!"
> Point towards the far side.
> "Oh. I guess you have a point. But then who told you?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2024, 05:32:21 PM »
> Reply "My strategic intuition." with a tone of confidence.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2024, 10:46:32 AM »
> Reply "My strategic intuition." with a tone of confidence.
> "Hm... Okay, I'll think of something for it."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2024, 08:28:47 PM »
> Can we summon our yin yang orb onto the other side of the lake?  If so summon it there and have it shoot out bullets towards the sky before pointing towards it and commenting "There might already be trouble on the far side..."

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2024, 03:07:29 AM »
> Can we summon our yin yang orb onto the other side of the lake?  If so summon it there and have it shoot out bullets towards the sky before pointing towards it and commenting "There might already be trouble on the far side..."
> You cannot...
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2024, 09:04:20 PM »
> Suggest "Do you think you can build a tower taller than miss Sakuya's mansion?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2024, 09:07:42 AM »
> Suggest "Do you think you can build a tower taller than miss Sakuya's mansion?"
> "Hmhm, my tower is already on the way to be that tall, see?" Cirno gestures upwards.
> Indeed, it's already nearly as tall as the mansion. She'd have to change stuff about it to get it taller, though.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2024, 06:40:20 PM »
// Oh... I thought it was more of a pretend structure that only looked huge in Cirno's eyes...

> Suggest another idea to Cirno "What if you built it floating on the lake?  Then it could be moved to any side at any time..."

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2024, 07:24:28 PM »
// This may not actually matter, but Touhou LostWord features a location called the Scarlet Devil Tower. It is an alternate form of the Scarlet Devil Mansion in an alternate Gensokyo setting. It has various biomes throughout the structure and reaches all the way to the moon (don't ask). Whether or not this is an intentional reference, and to what degree it is if it is, I can't say, but I wanted to point it out anyway just in case.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2024, 08:07:34 PM »
// You learn something new every day!

> How big are these structures exactly?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2024, 09:40:11 PM »
// Oh... I thought it was more of a pretend structure that only looked huge in Cirno's eyes...

> Suggest another idea to Cirno "What if you built it floating on the lake?  Then it could be moved to any side at any time..."
// You learn something new every day!

> How big are these structures exactly?
//Sakuya and the others wouldn't have much issue if it was just a little tower now would they?
> The Scarlet Devil mansion seems to be a three story structure, with the building's exterior designs reaching up to the height of a fourth story. The ice tower likewise reaches the SDM's third story at it's highest point.
> "But I already made it over here."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2024, 11:32:07 PM »
// Spell cards have been cast for less in Gensokyo haha!

> If we got our sphere form underneath it somehow could we expand/enlarge it to lift the structure ontop of it?

> Suggest "Perhaps someone can be found that can move it?"
> Look towards Sakuya for answers...

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2024, 11:50:36 PM »
// Spell cards have been cast for less in Gensokyo haha!

> If we got our sphere form underneath it somehow could we expand/enlarge it to lift the structure ontop of it?

> Suggest "Perhaps someone can be found that can move it?"
> Look towards Sakuya for answers...
> You should be able to. Though, you're sure you can just lift this spire up yourself.
> The maid seems to have already returned to the mansion...
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2024, 12:07:09 AM »
// Wait what?  We can just lift an entire building?

> Suggest "I could give it a try..." before checking how heavy this thing is.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • Give it up and smile...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Shingyoku Quest - Part 1
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2024, 01:59:15 AM »
// Wait what?  We can just lift an entire building?

> Suggest "I could give it a try..." before checking how heavy this thing is.
> You head to the bottom of the structure and give a very small tug. Yeah, this will be easy. Even an Oni should be able to handle this much. Its not even nearly as wide as the Mansion nearby either.
> "If we're moving this, I'll keep it from breaking apart further up." Your other half assures.
> "What? Are you going to lift this?" The other fairy questions. "I know youkai are strong but... you must be an Oni, then? Sorry for assuming if you aren’t."
> Well, she's close enough at least.
>_