Author Topic: Doll Quest - Foundation  (Read 22195 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Doll Quest - Foundation
« on: April 09, 2022, 04:15:22 PM »
Firstly; an explanation:

I almost died. No; I'm not exaggerating. Covid combined with undiagnosed type 1 Diabetes to almost kill me and cripple me for a long time. I lost most of my ideas during that time, and had other; more important matters to settle.

Now; my life has settled down a bit, and I have some new ideas.

====

...

The first thing you are aware of is an all-consuming splintering sound. Then, you feel a warmth, spreading out from the center of... nothing, filling you. Becoming you.

Slowly, your eyes open.

Sitting before you, looking down upon you, is a blonde girl, wearing a bright blue dress; covered with a white; elegant and somewhat fancy fabric around her shoulders. A pink ribbon ties around her neck and waist.

She looks upon you with a very satisfied look, and a warm smile. Sweat drips down her face however, and she is breathing very heavily.

You feel... an inexplicable connection with this being.

In front of her is a heavy-looking; open, black book. She closes it; and shuts a lock on it's cover, without taking her eyes off you. Red ribbons wrap around it sealing it further and covering over the lock.



She motions a finger towards your head, and a stream of information surges. Names? Places?

"You should... choose your own name..." the girl says weakly.

---

> Select a name

> Acceptable Criteria - Major City or location; mythical locations acceptable [EG: Hourai after Mount Hourai]; name must not be already taken [EG: Shanghai]


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 04:48:08 PM »
> Name: Olympia

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 09:09:22 PM »
> Name: Olympia

> "O...lympia" you say.

> The young woman smiles. "Olympia, after Mount Olympus? A fitting name for my masterwork..."

> You feel the name resonate inside you, as if it is being magically wound into your very being.

> The girl slumps in her chair. She is still watching you.

> "Go on, don't just lie there." the girl says in a tired; yet firm tone, before her face softens, as if she remembered something.

> "Or are you happy like that? There's no strings on you, Olympia. I shouldn't order you around. That defeats the point of my work."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 09:21:38 PM »
> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 10:05:46 PM »
> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...

> You try to reach the girl's forehead. You see a small hand in a yellow sleeve reach up.

> The distance is far too great to simply reach, so you get up. This is surprisingly difficult, with your balance not being there right away.

> With your new perspective, you can see you are on a... table. Yes, your mind, which is rapidly forming, the magic swirling within you giving you knowledge, calls it that.

> The girl sees you get up unsteadily. "Be careful; the magic probably hasn't fully settled down yet. And the shard probably hasn't fully adapted to it's new home either."

> Hearing "shard" makes something in your torso flutter. As this happens, a name clicks in your head, associating itself with the girl before you. You... know her name somehow. Alice. Yes, this tired-looking girl is called Alice.

> You feel that... strange feeling you felt before your eyes open still. It is fainter now, but you can feel it spreading and swirling around your body. Instinctively; you associate this feeling with the "magic" this "Alice" mentioned. It feels as if connections are rapidly being made in your fledgling mind.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 10:14:47 PM »
>Use our senses to 'watch' the magic that makes us

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 10:45:34 PM »
> Settle down and leave the touching for a bit later.
> Try to look inside ourselves. Well, not with what we're observing Alice with, of course. But maybe what we feel.

Tom

  • *
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 04:40:35 AM »
> Anything else we know about Alice?

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2022, 10:16:16 AM »
>Use our senses to 'watch' the magic that makes us

> Settle down and leave the touching for a bit later.
> Try to look inside ourselves. Well, not with what we're observing Alice with, of course. But maybe what we feel.

> You feel a tingling sensation across your form, although it is lowering in intensity to the point where you can only feel it when you actively try to. Paying closer attention, it seems cyclical. Originating from a point; cycleing around your body; and then returning to said point. Repeating and repeating. After paying attention for a bit, you note the intensity of the feeling has stopped decreasing.

> You stop attempting to reach out to Alice.

> Anything else we know about Alice?

> You try to think of what you know about this Alice, and some details emerge from the fog in your head.

... She is your maker, and has been trying for a very long time to create something like you. She has made many "dolls" but you are special. You get the sense she was almost obsessive about this goal, almost everything that comes into your head involves her working on other dolls, she'd do little except focus towards it unless something forced her hand otherwise...

> A red-and-white young woman brashly... demanding information about a "stolen spring".

> An image appears in your head, perhaps one of Alice's memories. You can see another doll; this one with tiny strands of thread connecting it, as well as, further ahead, a figure clad in black on a broom. The sky is filled with stars... but they do not twinkle. That same red-and-white woman is much further ahead, along with a more mature-looking woman in a purple dress; even further away. Bamboo stalks are all around.

> Another image, of the same black-and-white figure asking about an "Underground..." You hear Alice's voice

"So even you're worried about going down there? Well; people from the surface aren't supposed to go down there, so I can't go with you. But since when did rules ever stop you? If it worries you such; perhaps I can still help..."

> The images fade back into nothingness, but you figure that these Red-and-white and Black-and-white people are two of the few others that have a connection to Alice.

> As you finish thinking; Alice closes her eyes and drifts off.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2022, 12:33:41 PM »
>Try to manipulate dolls like our creator
->Then have them carry us around our home

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 01:12:13 PM »
>Try to manipulate dolls like our creator
->Then have them carry us around our home

> You attempt to manipulate a nearby doll; willing it to move; but nothing happens.

> You're not even sure how you would manipulate it besides physical means; which would defeat the purpose of them carrying you.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 03:03:24 PM »
> Maybe we shouldn't have stopped.
> Resume trying to reach her head!

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 03:49:45 PM »
> Maybe we shouldn't have stopped.
> Resume trying to reach her head!

> You keep attempting to reach Alice's head; but the distance is...

> Your feet float off the ground slightly, and you start approaching Alice's forehead...

> At the same time; the door creaks open, and the familiar-looking black-and-white witch enters, as if she's sneaking.

> She quietly chuckles to herself; seeing Alice asleep; before she starts rifling through a shelf filled with books. It doesn't appear that she noticed you.


> Marisa Kirisame
> "Perfectly Regular" Human Magic User

>  Seeing this figure in person stirs your head again, and a name associates with her. "Marisa Kirisame".


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2022, 04:16:50 PM »
>Stealing is wrong
->But alas we cannot stop her

>Sneakily come from behind and grab the lace on her hat
->Very very slowly allow our wait to settle so as to not alert the intruder

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »
>Stealing is wrong
->But alas we cannot stop her

>Sneakily come from behind and grab the lace on her hat
->Very very slowly allow our wait to settle so as to not alert the intruder

> You may be a newborn, but between the gut feeling you have and the things filling your fledgling mind, you piece together that Marisa is attempting to steal!

> You're fairly sure you can't stop her, but you float behind her slowly, and grab her hat as she stuffs a book into a satchel.

> As you do this; she wheels around. You almost lose your grip, but she still hasn't noticed you.

> "Hmm?" Marisa says. "Strange, usually she's noticed me by now; but she's not moved at all."

> Marisa moves over to Alice and prods her on the shoulder. She then looks with concern at the black book before her.

> "Even when she's asleep she never lets go of that thing." Marisa muttered, before she shook Alice a little more forcefully. You hear concern in her voice.

> Alice does not respond.

> Marisa touches Alice's neck for a few moments, before she pulls out a vial from her satchel. She uncorks it and waves it under Alice's nose. Nothing happens.

> "OK, so she's alive..." Marisa mutters. "But she's not waking up either... something is wrong..."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2022, 07:58:54 PM »
>Can we make magical string like Alice?

>Observe Marisa from our perch

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2022, 09:17:17 PM »
> Point at Alice then ourselves.
> Can we speak? Try to say our name for her! Olympia!
> "Olympia!"

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2022, 10:21:54 PM »
>Can we make magical string like Alice?

>Observe Marisa from our perch

> You attempt to do so; but cannot.

> Marisa's hat is blocking you from seeing her face from behind; making it difficult to observe. She seems to be looking around at the various tools, dolls and the black book [Which she is noticeably not touching; unlike the books on the shelves].

> Point at Alice then ourselves.
> Can we speak? Try to say our name for her! Olympia!
> "Olympia!"

> You point at Alice and then yourself; however, since you are behind Marisa hanging onto the back of her hat, she dosen't see this.

> You don't know if you can speak; but you try.

> You say your name; and Marisa jumps; startled. This does cause you to lose your grip; as she turns around, pulling out... something from her sachel and pointing it at you; however, she quickly stops doing this when she sees the source of the sound.

> "Strange. Why's one of the dolls active when Alice is unconscious..." Marisa muses. She looks puzzled for a few moments, before her face suddenly seems to realize something.

> "Hey; Olympia, that's ya' name, right; Rainbow Doll?" Marisa asks. "You know anything 'bout what's going on with Alice? Anything strange happen today?" she sounds as if she's attempting to piece something together.

> Upon hearing "Rainbow Doll" you instinctively look down. You earlier only saw a part of your sleeve, which was yellow, but indeed, you are dressed in a one-piece dress which incorporates five of the seven colors of the rainbow. Both sleeves are yellow up to the elbows; where they fade to an orange. The part of the dress covering your upper body is red, while the lower part is Violet; the red fading into the violet around the waist, with the hem being Indigo.

> While you cannot see it; you have two small green ribbons in your hair, and your eyes are blue.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2022, 11:03:49 PM »
>Nod at our name

>Rub our chin then nod
->Point at Alice then at self

>Sit on the floor, rub our eyes before stretching
->Stand, point at Alice then clap before letting our head drop on our chest

>Stare at the ordinary magician expectantly

//Can Olympia speak: yes.  Does she want to: no.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2022, 11:21:07 PM »
//Alice already has a bunch of dolls that don't speak. We can be an outlier, to some extent.
> "Alice's Masterwork. Olympia."

> Instead, Point to Alice's book, then ourself.
> Make swirling motions like how we feel that energy in ourself.
> Then point to Alice and slump back like she did.

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2022, 07:16:51 AM »
>Nod at our name

>Rub our chin then nod
->Point at Alice then at self

>Sit on the floor, rub our eyes before stretching
->Stand, point at Alice then clap before letting our head drop on our chest

>Stare at the ordinary magician expectantly

//Can Olympia speak: yes.  Does she want to: no.

//Alice already has a bunch of dolls that don't speak. We can be an outlier, to some extent.
> "Alice's Masterwork. Olympia."

> Instead, Point to Alice's book, then ourself.
> Make swirling motions like how we feel that energy in ourself.
> Then point to Alice and slump back like she did.

> You nod when Marisa mentions your name, and then introduce yourself.

> You then attempt to mime; firstly Alice being tired; and then the feeling you felt before Alice went to sleep.

> Marisa looks concerned.

> "She mentioned she had a theory a few weeks ago, but it was dangerous... she never told me what it was however."

> Marisa paces around, clearly worried.

> "What do I do when I don't know what she did. I mean, she clearly did whatever that risky thing was to make you." Marisa says; frustrated. "I could probably just break you and that might fix it, but then Alice would be furious, for sure! Plus it's a whole different thing blasting a doll that moves on it's own to one she's moving..."



http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

  • *
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2022, 10:16:21 AM »
> Also try prodding Alice and tugging her dress
> "Explain.. theory?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2022, 12:20:19 PM »
> "If you break me and it does fix Alice, that'd be good for a few moments..."
> Point at our creator.
> "But then you'd have just made her go through creating me, being exhausted from it, and then waking up to find that her work was destroyed and she was robbed, making the past hours or however long it took pointless..."
> Put a hand to our cheek in thought.
> "We need a different way. Did she mention any "shards", Marisa?"
> Try to recall more information about her whole endeavor in creating us, or something like us, rather.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2022, 02:14:28 PM »
>Could Alice just be exhausted  from creating us?

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
> Also try prodding Alice and tugging her dress
> "Explain.. theory?"

> You tug Alice's dress and prod her, but she doesn't respond.

> "I wish I knew more." Marisa remarked. "She simply told me she had made a theory for making a Sentient Doll, but she wasn't sure with doing it since it could be dangerous."

>Could Alice just be exhausted  from creating us?

> "Alice is a light sleeper; there's no way she wouldn't have woken up." Marisa answers.

> "If you break me and it does fix Alice, that'd be good for a few moments..."
> Point at our creator.
> "But then you'd have just made her go through creating me, being exhausted from it, and then waking up to find that her work was destroyed and she was robbed, making the past hours or however long it took pointless..."
> Put a hand to our cheek in thought.
> "We need a different way. Did she mention any "shards", Marisa?"
> Try to recall more information about her whole endeavor in creating us, or something like us, rather.

> "That's why she'd be mad." Marisa replies, sounding a little less than impressed at your explanation. "Breaking a normal doll is no problem, but breaking one that acts on it's own wouldn't sit right with me. It would be like breaking a Tsukumogami."

> Marisa looks puzzled when you mention "shards". "Alice didn't explain anything about her theory at all to me. She just said she had one and refused to tell me more.

> You cannot recall anything before the loud cracking sound. That is the first thing you remember, the loud... no; all-encompassing; sound of something cracking.

> Marisa starts looking around, but quickly mutters "I don't see any magic stones that could be fragmented into this "shard"...."

> She sighs. "Maybe I should go ask someone else. But I don't even know where to start... maybe Patchy... or maybe I should take her to Eirin, or right to Reimu maybe? This just isn't my area of expertise. Hell; I'm sure there's others who could perhaps help; depending on what Alice actually did... even someone like Nitori might be useful if she used technology..."

> The witch looks at the unconscious Alice. "Idiot, goin' and doing something so reckless. That's my job."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2022, 03:05:06 PM »
>Put our hands on Marisa and Alice
->Try to feel their magic and the differences between the two.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2022, 04:19:57 PM »
> "Don't move her. Maybe bring someone instead?"
> Look around the room.
> Check chest.  For useful things of note, of course...

raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
  • Gender: Male
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2022, 09:20:35 PM »
>Put our hands on Marisa and Alice
->Try to feel their magic and the differences between the two.

> Marisa looks puzzled as you touch her and then Alice.

> You attempt to feel the magical flow within them; focusing like you did on your own, but you can't feel their energy.

> "Don't move her. Maybe bring someone instead?"
> Look around the room.
> Check chest.  For useful things of note, of course...

> "It would be faster to take her with us; rather than go somewhere and take them here." Marisa replies.

> You look around the room. There are well-ordered shelves of dolls; of varying color and size, although there seem to be two dolls which have an entire shelf to themselves. One red and cheerful looking, while the other is blue and looks more depressed, with a noose around it's neck. Both look somewhat worn, but well-looked after. You can see parts of their dresses that have been re-stitched for example.

> You tap your chest. A little clinking sound is heard.

> "Huh?" Marisa says; as the sound gets her attention, before she pokes you. "You're not made of wood like the others."

> Marisa thinks for a moment, before she goes to a teapot, and pokes that.

> "Interesting, you're made of the same stuff as this I think." Marisa muses, before she turns back towards you and spots Alice again, snapping back to that matter. "Oh; I can worry about what you are later. We need to help Alice."


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2022, 10:58:14 PM »
> "Okay... I don't have much ideas, so let's go for yours."
> Get atop Alice's shoulders, or someplace high on her.

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2022, 11:27:59 PM »
>Get on top of Alice's head
->Try to wiggle under her hair band

>Look to Marisa