Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: raikaria on April 09, 2022, 04:15:22 PM

Title: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 09, 2022, 04:15:22 PM
Firstly; an explanation:

I almost died. No; I'm not exaggerating. Covid combined with undiagnosed type 1 Diabetes to almost kill me and cripple me for a long time. I lost most of my ideas during that time, and had other; more important matters to settle.

Now; my life has settled down a bit, and I have some new ideas.

====

...

The first thing you are aware of is an all-consuming splintering sound. Then, you feel a warmth, spreading out from the center of... nothing, filling you. Becoming you.

Slowly, your eyes open.

Sitting before you, looking down upon you, is a blonde girl, wearing a bright blue dress; covered with a white; elegant and somewhat fancy fabric around her shoulders. A pink ribbon ties around her neck and waist.

She looks upon you with a very satisfied look, and a warm smile. Sweat drips down her face however, and she is breathing very heavily.

You feel... an inexplicable connection with this being.

In front of her is a heavy-looking; open, black book. She closes it; and shuts a lock on it's cover, without taking her eyes off you. Red ribbons wrap around it sealing it further and covering over the lock.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3660/sample_eccf94e28b9ad8e2b2d927480e30831465f1cfa5.jpg?3821106)

She motions a finger towards your head, and a stream of information surges. Names? Places?

"You should... choose your own name..." the girl says weakly.

---

> Select a name

> Acceptable Criteria - Major City or location; mythical locations acceptable [EG: Hourai after Mount Hourai]; name must not be already taken [EG: Shanghai]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 09, 2022, 04:48:08 PM
> Name: Olympia
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 09, 2022, 09:09:22 PM
> Name: Olympia

> "O...lympia" you say.

> The young woman smiles. "Olympia, after Mount Olympus? A fitting name for my masterwork..."

> You feel the name resonate inside you, as if it is being magically wound into your very being.

> The girl slumps in her chair. She is still watching you.

> "Go on, don't just lie there." the girl says in a tired; yet firm tone, before her face softens, as if she remembered something.

> "Or are you happy like that? There's no strings on you, Olympia. I shouldn't order you around. That defeats the point of my work."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 09, 2022, 09:21:38 PM
> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 09, 2022, 10:05:46 PM
> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...

> You try to reach the girl's forehead. You see a small hand in a yellow sleeve reach up.

> The distance is far too great to simply reach, so you get up. This is surprisingly difficult, with your balance not being there right away.

> With your new perspective, you can see you are on a... table. Yes, your mind, which is rapidly forming, the magic swirling within you giving you knowledge, calls it that.

> The girl sees you get up unsteadily. "Be careful; the magic probably hasn't fully settled down yet. And the shard probably hasn't fully adapted to it's new home either."

> Hearing "shard" makes something in your torso flutter. As this happens, a name clicks in your head, associating itself with the girl before you. You... know her name somehow. Alice. Yes, this tired-looking girl is called Alice.

> You feel that... strange feeling you felt before your eyes open still. It is fainter now, but you can feel it spreading and swirling around your body. Instinctively; you associate this feeling with the "magic" this "Alice" mentioned. It feels as if connections are rapidly being made in your fledgling mind.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 09, 2022, 10:14:47 PM
>Use our senses to 'watch' the magic that makes us
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 09, 2022, 10:45:34 PM
> Settle down and leave the touching for a bit later.
> Try to look inside ourselves. Well, not with what we're observing Alice with, of course. But maybe what we feel.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2022, 04:40:35 AM
> Anything else we know about Alice?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 10, 2022, 10:16:16 AM
>Use our senses to 'watch' the magic that makes us

> Settle down and leave the touching for a bit later.
> Try to look inside ourselves. Well, not with what we're observing Alice with, of course. But maybe what we feel.

> You feel a tingling sensation across your form, although it is lowering in intensity to the point where you can only feel it when you actively try to. Paying closer attention, it seems cyclical. Originating from a point; cycleing around your body; and then returning to said point. Repeating and repeating. After paying attention for a bit, you note the intensity of the feeling has stopped decreasing.

> You stop attempting to reach out to Alice.

> Anything else we know about Alice?

> You try to think of what you know about this Alice, and some details emerge from the fog in your head.

... She is your maker, and has been trying for a very long time to create something like you. She has made many "dolls" but you are special. You get the sense she was almost obsessive about this goal, almost everything that comes into your head involves her working on other dolls, she'd do little except focus towards it unless something forced her hand otherwise...

> A red-and-white young woman brashly... demanding information about a "stolen spring".

> An image appears in your head, perhaps one of Alice's memories. You can see another doll; this one with tiny strands of thread connecting it, as well as, further ahead, a figure clad in black on a broom. The sky is filled with stars... but they do not twinkle. That same red-and-white woman is much further ahead, along with a more mature-looking woman in a purple dress; even further away. Bamboo stalks are all around.

> Another image, of the same black-and-white figure asking about an "Underground..." You hear Alice's voice

"So even you're worried about going down there? Well; people from the surface aren't supposed to go down there, so I can't go with you. But since when did rules ever stop you? If it worries you such; perhaps I can still help..."

> The images fade back into nothingness, but you figure that these Red-and-white and Black-and-white people are two of the few others that have a connection to Alice.

> As you finish thinking; Alice closes her eyes and drifts off.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 10, 2022, 12:33:41 PM
>Try to manipulate dolls like our creator
->Then have them carry us around our home
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 10, 2022, 01:12:13 PM
>Try to manipulate dolls like our creator
->Then have them carry us around our home

> You attempt to manipulate a nearby doll; willing it to move; but nothing happens.

> You're not even sure how you would manipulate it besides physical means; which would defeat the purpose of them carrying you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 10, 2022, 03:03:24 PM
> Maybe we shouldn't have stopped.
> Resume trying to reach her head!
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 10, 2022, 03:49:45 PM
> Maybe we shouldn't have stopped.
> Resume trying to reach her head!

> You keep attempting to reach Alice's head; but the distance is...

> Your feet float off the ground slightly, and you start approaching Alice's forehead...

> At the same time; the door creaks open, and the familiar-looking black-and-white witch enters, as if she's sneaking.

> She quietly chuckles to herself; seeing Alice asleep; before she starts rifling through a shelf filled with books. It doesn't appear that she noticed you.

(https://safebooru.org//images/3719/933e80a4aeb53f6c0b38f09013ff3b0e2b56c593.jpg?3884199)
> Marisa Kirisame
> "Perfectly Regular" Human Magic User

>  Seeing this figure in person stirs your head again, and a name associates with her. "Marisa Kirisame".
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 10, 2022, 04:16:50 PM
>Stealing is wrong
->But alas we cannot stop her

>Sneakily come from behind and grab the lace on her hat
->Very very slowly allow our wait to settle so as to not alert the intruder
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 10, 2022, 07:14:25 PM
>Stealing is wrong
->But alas we cannot stop her

>Sneakily come from behind and grab the lace on her hat
->Very very slowly allow our wait to settle so as to not alert the intruder

> You may be a newborn, but between the gut feeling you have and the things filling your fledgling mind, you piece together that Marisa is attempting to steal!

> You're fairly sure you can't stop her, but you float behind her slowly, and grab her hat as she stuffs a book into a satchel.

> As you do this; she wheels around. You almost lose your grip, but she still hasn't noticed you.

> "Hmm?" Marisa says. "Strange, usually she's noticed me by now; but she's not moved at all."

> Marisa moves over to Alice and prods her on the shoulder. She then looks with concern at the black book before her.

> "Even when she's asleep she never lets go of that thing." Marisa muttered, before she shook Alice a little more forcefully. You hear concern in her voice.

> Alice does not respond.

> Marisa touches Alice's neck for a few moments, before she pulls out a vial from her satchel. She uncorks it and waves it under Alice's nose. Nothing happens.

> "OK, so she's alive..." Marisa mutters. "But she's not waking up either... something is wrong..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 10, 2022, 07:58:54 PM
>Can we make magical string like Alice?

>Observe Marisa from our perch
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 10, 2022, 09:17:17 PM
> Point at Alice then ourselves.
> Can we speak? Try to say our name for her! Olympia!
> "Olympia!"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 10, 2022, 10:21:54 PM
>Can we make magical string like Alice?

>Observe Marisa from our perch

> You attempt to do so; but cannot.

> Marisa's hat is blocking you from seeing her face from behind; making it difficult to observe. She seems to be looking around at the various tools, dolls and the black book [Which she is noticeably not touching; unlike the books on the shelves].

> Point at Alice then ourselves.
> Can we speak? Try to say our name for her! Olympia!
> "Olympia!"

> You point at Alice and then yourself; however, since you are behind Marisa hanging onto the back of her hat, she dosen't see this.

> You don't know if you can speak; but you try.

> You say your name; and Marisa jumps; startled. This does cause you to lose your grip; as she turns around, pulling out... something from her sachel and pointing it at you; however, she quickly stops doing this when she sees the source of the sound.

> "Strange. Why's one of the dolls active when Alice is unconscious..." Marisa muses. She looks puzzled for a few moments, before her face suddenly seems to realize something.

> "Hey; Olympia, that's ya' name, right; Rainbow Doll?" Marisa asks. "You know anything 'bout what's going on with Alice? Anything strange happen today?" she sounds as if she's attempting to piece something together.

> Upon hearing "Rainbow Doll" you instinctively look down. You earlier only saw a part of your sleeve, which was yellow, but indeed, you are dressed in a one-piece dress which incorporates five of the seven colors of the rainbow. Both sleeves are yellow up to the elbows; where they fade to an orange. The part of the dress covering your upper body is red, while the lower part is Violet; the red fading into the violet around the waist, with the hem being Indigo.

> While you cannot see it; you have two small green ribbons in your hair, and your eyes are blue.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 10, 2022, 11:03:49 PM
>Nod at our name

>Rub our chin then nod
->Point at Alice then at self

>Sit on the floor, rub our eyes before stretching
->Stand, point at Alice then clap before letting our head drop on our chest

>Stare at the ordinary magician expectantly

//Can Olympia speak: yes.  Does she want to: no.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 10, 2022, 11:21:07 PM
//Alice already has a bunch of dolls that don't speak. We can be an outlier, to some extent.
> "Alice's Masterwork. Olympia."

> Instead, Point to Alice's book, then ourself.
> Make swirling motions like how we feel that energy in ourself.
> Then point to Alice and slump back like she did.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 11, 2022, 07:16:51 AM
>Nod at our name

>Rub our chin then nod
->Point at Alice then at self

>Sit on the floor, rub our eyes before stretching
->Stand, point at Alice then clap before letting our head drop on our chest

>Stare at the ordinary magician expectantly

//Can Olympia speak: yes.  Does she want to: no.

//Alice already has a bunch of dolls that don't speak. We can be an outlier, to some extent.
> "Alice's Masterwork. Olympia."

> Instead, Point to Alice's book, then ourself.
> Make swirling motions like how we feel that energy in ourself.
> Then point to Alice and slump back like she did.

> You nod when Marisa mentions your name, and then introduce yourself.

> You then attempt to mime; firstly Alice being tired; and then the feeling you felt before Alice went to sleep.

> Marisa looks concerned.

> "She mentioned she had a theory a few weeks ago, but it was dangerous... she never told me what it was however."

> Marisa paces around, clearly worried.

> "What do I do when I don't know what she did. I mean, she clearly did whatever that risky thing was to make you." Marisa says; frustrated. "I could probably just break you and that might fix it, but then Alice would be furious, for sure! Plus it's a whole different thing blasting a doll that moves on it's own to one she's moving..."

Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2022, 10:16:21 AM
> Also try prodding Alice and tugging her dress
> "Explain.. theory?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 11, 2022, 12:20:19 PM
> "If you break me and it does fix Alice, that'd be good for a few moments..."
> Point at our creator.
> "But then you'd have just made her go through creating me, being exhausted from it, and then waking up to find that her work was destroyed and she was robbed, making the past hours or however long it took pointless..."
> Put a hand to our cheek in thought.
> "We need a different way. Did she mention any "shards", Marisa?"
> Try to recall more information about her whole endeavor in creating us, or something like us, rather.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 11, 2022, 02:14:28 PM
>Could Alice just be exhausted  from creating us?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 11, 2022, 02:53:38 PM
> Also try prodding Alice and tugging her dress
> "Explain.. theory?"

> You tug Alice's dress and prod her, but she doesn't respond.

> "I wish I knew more." Marisa remarked. "She simply told me she had made a theory for making a Sentient Doll, but she wasn't sure with doing it since it could be dangerous."

>Could Alice just be exhausted  from creating us?

> "Alice is a light sleeper; there's no way she wouldn't have woken up." Marisa answers.

> "If you break me and it does fix Alice, that'd be good for a few moments..."
> Point at our creator.
> "But then you'd have just made her go through creating me, being exhausted from it, and then waking up to find that her work was destroyed and she was robbed, making the past hours or however long it took pointless..."
> Put a hand to our cheek in thought.
> "We need a different way. Did she mention any "shards", Marisa?"
> Try to recall more information about her whole endeavor in creating us, or something like us, rather.

> "That's why she'd be mad." Marisa replies, sounding a little less than impressed at your explanation. "Breaking a normal doll is no problem, but breaking one that acts on it's own wouldn't sit right with me. It would be like breaking a Tsukumogami."

> Marisa looks puzzled when you mention "shards". "Alice didn't explain anything about her theory at all to me. She just said she had one and refused to tell me more.

> You cannot recall anything before the loud cracking sound. That is the first thing you remember, the loud... no; all-encompassing; sound of something cracking.

> Marisa starts looking around, but quickly mutters "I don't see any magic stones that could be fragmented into this "shard"...."

> She sighs. "Maybe I should go ask someone else. But I don't even know where to start... maybe Patchy... or maybe I should take her to Eirin, or right to Reimu maybe? This just isn't my area of expertise. Hell; I'm sure there's others who could perhaps help; depending on what Alice actually did... even someone like Nitori might be useful if she used technology..."

> The witch looks at the unconscious Alice. "Idiot, goin' and doing something so reckless. That's my job."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 11, 2022, 03:05:06 PM
>Put our hands on Marisa and Alice
->Try to feel their magic and the differences between the two.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 11, 2022, 04:19:57 PM
> "Don't move her. Maybe bring someone instead?"
> Look around the room.
> Check chest.  For useful things of note, of course...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 11, 2022, 09:20:35 PM
>Put our hands on Marisa and Alice
->Try to feel their magic and the differences between the two.

> Marisa looks puzzled as you touch her and then Alice.

> You attempt to feel the magical flow within them; focusing like you did on your own, but you can't feel their energy.

> "Don't move her. Maybe bring someone instead?"
> Look around the room.
> Check chest.  For useful things of note, of course...

> "It would be faster to take her with us; rather than go somewhere and take them here." Marisa replies.

> You look around the room. There are well-ordered shelves of dolls; of varying color and size, although there seem to be two dolls which have an entire shelf to themselves. One red and cheerful looking, while the other is blue and looks more depressed, with a noose around it's neck. Both look somewhat worn, but well-looked after. You can see parts of their dresses that have been re-stitched for example.

> You tap your chest. A little clinking sound is heard.

> "Huh?" Marisa says; as the sound gets her attention, before she pokes you. "You're not made of wood like the others."

> Marisa thinks for a moment, before she goes to a teapot, and pokes that.

> "Interesting, you're made of the same stuff as this I think." Marisa muses, before she turns back towards you and spots Alice again, snapping back to that matter. "Oh; I can worry about what you are later. We need to help Alice."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 11, 2022, 10:58:14 PM
> "Okay... I don't have much ideas, so let's go for yours."
> Get atop Alice's shoulders, or someplace high on her.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 11, 2022, 11:27:59 PM
>Get on top of Alice's head
->Try to wiggle under her hair band

>Look to Marisa
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 12, 2022, 01:03:29 AM
> Suggest "Maybe you know a doctor?"
(Provided we even know what a doctor is)
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 12, 2022, 08:01:22 PM
> "Okay... I don't have much ideas, so let's go for yours."
> Get atop Alice's shoulders, or someplace high on her.

> Marisa nods.

>Get on top of Alice's head
->Try to wiggle under her hair band

>Look to Marisa

> you do a mixture of flying and climbing on top of Alice's head, and lift her headband and lay atop her head as if you're putting yourself in a seatbelt.

> Marisa stifles a laugh.

> Suggest "Maybe you know a doctor?"
(Provided we even know what a doctor is)

> "Yeah I know a doctor. Getting to her's the hard bit." Marisa answers.

> Marisa makes a motion, and a broomstick flies into the room, knocking the door open en-route. Marisa then rather ungracefully hoists Alice onto the front of the broom [With her draped over in a less than dignified manner as well]; before she hops on.

> The broom suddenly accelerates out of the building, and before you know it, you're in the air, above the treeline.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 12, 2022, 08:14:01 PM
>Throw our little hands in the air
->"Weeeee!"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 12, 2022, 08:38:20 PM
> "Nice broom. Where are it's strings?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 12, 2022, 10:07:54 PM
>Throw our little hands in the air
->"Weeeee!"

> You enjoy yourself. Marisa dosen't turn around since she's concentrating on flying.

> "Nice broom. Where are it's strings?"

> "Strings? No; this just flies based on an enchantment I put on it." Marisa explains.

> The treeline gives way to a clearing and meadowy area, with small hills and occasional trees. You can see others moving about, although you can't make anything out since you're quite high up. You can also see others in the sky. You can see various landmarks; like a large mountain, what seems to be a villiage, a lake, and more forests. There is also a large river.

> Marisa turns towards a different type of forest. It does not appear to be made of trees, but instead large sticks. Marisa lowers her altitude and slows down, before stopping before this forest.

> "Unfortunately; we won't find the doc's place that high up. This Forest has quite a lot of spells cast over it to make it hard to find what you're looking for." Marisa explains. "It ain't called the Bamboo Forest of the Lost for nothing. We just gotta find someone who knows the way and convince them to take us to the Doc."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 12, 2022, 10:21:54 PM
> "I'm not enchanted in that way?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 12, 2022, 11:12:19 PM
> "I'm not enchanted in that way?"

> "Broom does what I want it to. If I was out cold like Alice, it wouldn't fly."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 13, 2022, 12:43:16 AM
>"It must have taken foooreveeeeeer to place all the sticks here.  Why not use trees?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 13, 2022, 02:35:14 AM
>"It must have taken foooreveeeeeer to place all the sticks here.  Why not use trees?"
> Given we got some knowledge from Alice, like locations, we probably know what these are.
> "I wonder if part of that is what she did for me."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 13, 2022, 09:26:09 PM
>"It must have taken foooreveeeeeer to place all the sticks here.  Why not use trees?"

> Given we got some knowledge from Alice, like locations, we probably know what these are.
> "I wonder if part of that is what she did for me."

> You recognize the plants from one of the images you saw in your head that contained Marisa. They're clearly some sort of plant, just different to the trees.

> "Possible." Marisa remarks. "Maybe an enchantment spell was the basis of the process."

> You think you saw something dart between the plants. Something small.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 13, 2022, 09:39:09 PM
> Watch for it a bit...
> "I don't know what I can do to help... but keep Alice safe."
> Keep an eye on the plants for any more movement.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 13, 2022, 09:47:23 PM
>Lean towards the small thing
->"Are there other dolls like me?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 14, 2022, 04:50:08 PM
> Watch for it a bit...
> "I don't know what I can do to help... but keep Alice safe."
> Keep an eye on the plants for any more movement.

> You watch where the movement went. Some foliage between the bamboo rustles a little.

> "That's what I'm tryin' to do." Marisa complains.

>Lean towards the small thing
->"Are there other dolls like me?"

> You lean towards the small thing you saw.

> "Far as I know; no. I mean, I know some objects that came to life; but those are ancient objects. You're a new doll. I've not seen Alice working on ya before. And even then, Alice wouldn't neglect one of her dolls enough for it to ever become a tsukumogami."

> You notice a glint of two small red eyes in the foliage for a moment.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 14, 2022, 05:03:24 PM
> "Well what about that thing?" Point at the red eyes in the forest
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 14, 2022, 05:14:13 PM
>Tap on Marisa then point at the eyes
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 14, 2022, 08:53:10 PM
> "Well, there's something out here watching, and maybe following, us."
> "Are we here? Nothing here looks like someone that can help..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2022, 12:13:25 AM
> Don't distract the driver. At least, don't tap her. Last thing we need is Alice getting in a crash...
// We are stopped, this does not apply
> Marisa turns towards a different type of forest. It does not appear to be made of trees, but instead large sticks. Marisa lowers her altitude and slows down, before stopping before this forest.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 15, 2022, 01:01:42 AM
// We are stopped, this does not apply
//Ah, I see. Edited then.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 15, 2022, 11:18:24 PM
> "Well what about that thing?" Point at the red eyes in the forest

>Tap on Marisa then point at the eyes

> You do not tap Marisa; as you are currently under Alice's headband and cannot reach with your little arms.

> Instead, you draw her attention to the red eyes that glinted in the undergrowth.

> "Well, there's something out here watching, and maybe following, us."
> "Are we here? Nothing here looks like someone that can help..."

> Marisa floats over, on her broom, towards the bush at a cautious pace.

> A small white... creature hops out. It has a pair of long ears, one of which twitches as it looks at you; Alice and Marisa.

> "We're not there yet, what we're looking for is inside the bamboo forest." Marisa says quietly. "And that is a rabbit. Probably an underling of someone who could be our guide. Or maybe it's just a regular rabbit."

> The rabbit seems to be looking directly at you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 15, 2022, 11:40:16 PM
>In a hushed tone say, "Is it dangerous?"

Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 16, 2022, 12:45:56 AM
> "Rabbit..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Tom on April 16, 2022, 07:09:14 AM
> If Marisa doesn't tell us its dangerous:
>> "Help Alice!" Point at Alice while looking at the rabbit
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 09:53:54 AM
>In a hushed tone say, "Is it dangerous?"

> "With me here? There's only two rabbits that might be dangerous. The first wouldn't show itself directly and the second has funny ears." Marisa says proudly.

> The rabbit briefly looks at Marisa with a slightly... insulted look, before returning to you.

> "Rabbit..."

> The rabbit twitches it's nose.

> If Marisa doesn't tell us its dangerous:
>> "Help Alice!" Point at Alice while looking at the rabbit

> The rabbit watches your hand.

> It rapidly beats it's back left foot against the dirt a few times, before it turns and starts, slowly; bouncing away.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 17, 2022, 02:47:21 PM
> "It was worth a shot..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 05:21:03 PM
> "It was worth a shot..."

> The rabbit stops moving away after it is nearly out of view, and beats it's foot against the ground again.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 17, 2022, 05:25:55 PM
>"Uh, should we follow?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 07:24:28 PM
>"Uh, should we follow?"

> "I don't speak rabbit." Marisa remarks. "But it does seem to be waiting for us."

> Marisa cautiously flies after the rabbit, which hops ahead, occasionally making a sharp turn through the bamboo.

> It stops near a small hole, goes inside, and you see it's red eyes looking at you from within. The hole is clearly far too small for Marisa.

> "Huh; did it bring us to it's home?" Marisa said in a slightly surprised tone.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 17, 2022, 07:26:31 PM
>Float down to the hole
->Glance back to make sure Marisa is behind us
-->Wave at the rabbit
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 08:42:34 PM
>Float down to the hole
->Glance back to make sure Marisa is behind us
-->Wave at the rabbit

> You unstrap yourself from Alice's head, and, making sure Marisa dosen't bail on you, you follow the rabbit down the hole.

> The rabbit leads you further in, until you enter a larger area. There are multiple young rabbits, as well as another adult rabbit. But this other rabbit is laying down, with a streak of black and red across one of it's hind legs. This rabbit bears it's teeth when it sees you, before the other rabbit makes some motions with it's feet, mouth and ears, and the rabbit that is laying down calms down.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 17, 2022, 08:59:37 PM
>That's blood on it.
->Wait isn't blood supposed to be inside?
-->Then it is not well.

>"Oh, you want us to take this rabbit to the doctor?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 17, 2022, 09:11:01 PM
> Has Alice ever treated a rabbit? Or otherwise, do we know how to treat one from her knowledge?
> We might be in a pickle here... Do we at least know how to treat wounds? ...That aren't doll breakages, like how Alice would...
>_
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 10:14:24 PM
> Has Alice ever treated a rabbit? Or otherwise, do we know how to treat one from her knowledge?
> We might be in a pickle here... Do we at least know how to treat wounds? ...That aren't doll breakages, like how Alice would...
>_

> No memories are coming to your mind. The rabbit is not stirring anything.

> You do not have medical knowledge.

>That's blood on it.
->Wait isn't blood supposed to be inside?
-->Then it is not well.

>"Oh, you want us to take this rabbit to the doctor?"

> You're not sure if it's blood or not. But it is clear that the rabbit is injured.

> To your words; the rabbit that lead you here nudges the other rabbit hard enough that it's body shifts a little. It appears to be signaling that it cannot move the injured rabbit. The rabbit lacks arms, after all.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 17, 2022, 10:21:53 PM
>Try to carry the injured rabbit so we don't hurt it more
->Head to Marisa with the poor thing
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 17, 2022, 11:03:56 PM
>Try to carry the injured rabbit so we don't hurt it more
->Head to Marisa with the poor thing

> You carefully attempt to lift the injured rabbit.

> It squirms in protest but the other rabbit makes some more motions and the injured rabbit relaxes.

> ...

> Your little hands go under the rabbit and you lift. At first, nothing happens. The rabbit you think is still multiple times your weight after all.

> But then you feel a warm feeling around your body, and you manage to pick up the rabbit with sudden ease. There is a very feint... effect around the rabbit, twinkles of color, seven colors, each one fading in and out.

> You take the rabbit out of the warren, with the other rabbit, and the young ones, following.

> "Oh; it's a whole rabbit family down there." Marisa remarks. "And it seems one got hurt. Looks like something burnt it."

> Marisa thinks for a moment. "Full moon was two nights ago. The thing probably got caught up in the collateral."

> Marisa sighs as she realizes she'll have to get all the baby rabbits on her broom somehow, before taking her hat off and bundling them in it. After all; they can't be left alone.

> The healthy rabbit gets ready to take the lead again, while you float there still with the injured one.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 17, 2022, 11:09:12 PM
> Does it still feel heavy? Or is it fine?
> "I don't know if I'm as fast as your broom..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 17, 2022, 11:34:10 PM
>How does the magic in us feel compared to normal
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 18, 2022, 05:41:55 AM
> No memories are coming to your mind. The rabbit is not stirring anything.

> You do not have medical knowledge.

> You're not sure if it's blood or not. But it is clear that the rabbit is injured.

> To your words; the rabbit that lead you here nudges the other rabbit hard enough that it's body shifts a little. It appears to be signaling that it cannot move the injured rabbit. The rabbit lacks arms, after all.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 18, 2022, 05:42:29 AM
>Retrieve arms
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 18, 2022, 10:28:15 PM
[I'm going to not respond to Fuwayuru's posts because he has a BANNED avatar so I don't know if that's just an avatar or if he actually got banned. Obviously more posts from him would disprove the latter]

> Does it still feel heavy? Or is it fine?
> "I don't know if I'm as fast as your broom..."

> You are no longer struggleing with the weight of the rabbit. In fact, you can hardly feel any weight from it.

> "You don't need to be as fast as the broom." Marisa jokes. "Just gotta keep up with the rabbit."

>How does the magic in us feel compared to normal

> You focus for a moment.

> The magic within your body feels normal. Whatever is effecting the rabbit is not coming from you internally; or at least, not from the magic that swirls around inside you like blood would in a flesh being.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 18, 2022, 10:47:53 PM
> ...Then keep steady without moving the rabbit much, and get ready to follow Marisa.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 18, 2022, 11:04:25 PM
>"Are rabbits fast?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 19, 2022, 04:23:16 AM
> :meiling)

It’s Yukari but with a meiling tag of course.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 19, 2022, 03:56:06 PM
>"Are rabbits fast?"

> "They can move pretty fast for their size." Marisa replies. "But it shouldn't be too hard to follow."

> ...Then keep steady without moving the rabbit much, and get ready to follow Marisa.

> You fly steadily as the rabbit starts hopping away.

> The rabbit keeps making turns which from a directional sense... should be leading you in circles, or backwards... yet you never spot it's footprints.

> After a short while; you enter a clearing with a large, old-timey-looking building.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 19, 2022, 05:19:39 PM
>Take in the sight of the building
->"Wow."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 19, 2022, 08:37:42 PM
> "Whoa. They get this whole forest like place and a big house?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 19, 2022, 09:47:43 PM
>Take in the sight of the building
->"Wow."

> "Oh yeah; you've probobly not seen any buildings other than Alice's place." Marisa comments. "Actually; did you even get a look at the outside of that? I flew away from there pretty fast."

> "Whoa. They get this whole forest like place and a big house?"

> "Well; the owner is a Princess." Marisa replies.

> A small girl in a pink dress with rabbit ears is sitting on the Veranda of the building, and notices your group. At first she seems quite annoyed and hops up; puffing her chest out as she hops [with somewhat of a confident strut] towards Marisa specifically.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2979/c9658a1dfa3a86424465ad19d0d7434f9739e219.jpg?3102403)
> Tewi Inaba
> Rabbit blessed by Shooting Stars

> "Are you seriously here to try and steal stuff in broad daylight, and why do you have a hat full of kittens?*"

> She notices the rabbit that lead you here, who fidgets wildly. The rabbit-girl makes motions and small sounds of her own, clearly communicateing. Then; she suddenly looks at you and notices the injured rabbit.

> She looks from the rabbit and it's injury to Marisa, and raises a hand, only for the rabbit that lead the way to wildly bounce up and down on the spot.

> The rabbit pouts.

> "You say it really wasn't her? You suuuure?"

> The bunny nods.

> "Fiiiine." the rabbit-girl says; before she yells "Undonge!"

> A few seconds later, a taller rabbit emerges. This one has noticeably different ears, so you figure it might be the 'funny-eared' rabbit Marisa mentioned before.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3692/sample_89d7979565c55bd74352a6f4ec5d779079bf3582.jpg?3854367)
> Reisen Undogein Inaba
> Rabbit of Two Paradises

> Unlike the pink-clad rabbit, this one immediately rushes over to you and the injured rabbit, noticing it immediately. She also looks over to Marisa [Who she seems to glare at a bit] and then her look softens when she notices Alice draped over the broom.

> "You; follow me." this new rabbit commands, as she picks up Alice off Marisa's broom. She seems to have no difficulty; despite her rather slender looking form.

> "What about me?" Marisa asks.

> "You can stay and wait outside where you can't pilfer anything while we're busy or cause trouble. The last thing Master needs is you causing explosions while she's working."

> "Besides. I'm boooored." the pink rabbit says; pulling out a strange card from a pocket. "How about we play a little bit while you wait, Kirisame? See who's lucky today?"

> Marisa breaks out into a smirk, while the other rabbit says "At least let her put the baby rabbits somewhere safe first Tewi."

> The taller rabbit motions for you to follow her.

---
* Baby rabbits are actually called kittens, in case you didn't know!
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 19, 2022, 10:34:49 PM
> Follow the taller rabbit.
> "It's nice to meet you, princess. This is a very nice place you have."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 19, 2022, 10:51:51 PM
>Follow the taller rabbit
->Take in the sights
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Kilgamayan on April 19, 2022, 11:07:13 PM
>Follow the taller rabbit
->Take in the sights

> Make sure to take in the sights of the taller rabbit specifically, as as the sights in general.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 20, 2022, 05:51:19 PM
> Follow the taller rabbit.
> "It's nice to meet you, princess. This is a very nice place you have."

> You follow the tall rabbit.

> She suddenly stops for a moment and seems a little embarassed when you call her Princess. "I-i-i I'm not the Princess, I'm just her pet." she responds; clearly shaken by being called such.

>Follow the taller rabbit
->Take in the sights

> Make sure to take in the sights of the taller rabbit specifically, as as the sights in general.

> The floor is made of pristine, expensive-looking wooden panels; and the walls are covered in various shadow-art backdrops; often featureing the moon; rabbits and bamboo; but also other scenery. Occasionally you see an expensive-looking ornament on a pedastal.

> The rabbit is wearing a short skirt, a dark purple jacket, and a shirt that seems to be a very light shade of pink. Near-white. She won't make eye contact with you.

> The rabbit stops; turns, and slides open a panel of the wall, before walking into a large room. This room kind of reminds you of Alice's place with it's neat arrangements of items, although you don't see any dolls.

> Undonge places Alice upon a table in the middle of the room, as another figure turns around in a chair from... whatever she was working on.

> Seeing this figure makes an image flash before your eyes of this figure visiting Alice's house and exchanging a bag filled with something for some ingredients Alice had found. You assume this means that this person is someone that Alice is at least somewhat familiar with.

> Just being around this being makes you feel... like you can rely on them. This isn't from the image you saw, but instead some sort of aura the person is giving off.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2347/fcf399f4bdda0b208f8dc08168c0e858bdd2f9e0.png?2444426)
> Eirin Yagokoro
> Pharmacist of Eternal Impurity
[OCC: Do you know how hard it was to find a good Eirin image that wasn't an action shot with her bow and arrow; a group shot with Kaguya/Reisen or heavily sexualised? The answer? Too hard.]

> The being immediately gets up; and walks over to you and the rabbit. She seems to be examining both of you silently.

> "Master, shouldn't you be looking at..."

> "Undonge, I can fix a burn wound in a matter of minutes." the woman says, as if she is a teacher scolding a student. "Miss Margatroid's condition is far less obvious and would therefor take far longer to identify and treat. Remember when I taught you about triage? Both patients appear to be in non-life threatening conditions at this exact moment, so I shall focus on the case that is less complex first, so I can then give Miss Margatroid my undivided attention. Keep an eye on her. If she starts to deteriorate at all notify me immediately and I shall re-assess my priority if need be."

> She looks back to you; holding out a single hand.

> "May I have the patient?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 20, 2022, 06:18:17 PM
> Gently present the bunny.
> If she takes it, return to Alice's side. But keep watch of the rabbit.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 20, 2022, 07:53:52 PM
>Carefully put the rabbit in her hand
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 20, 2022, 08:02:41 PM
> Gently present the bunny.
> If she takes it, return to Alice's side. But keep watch of the rabbit.

>Carefully put the rabbit in her hand

> You present the bunny and give it to Eirin. When you transfer it; the faint sparkles vanish.

> Eirin looks a little bit curious for a moment.

> She moves to one of the workbenches, and grabs a vial. She covers her hand in a liquid from it and rubs the rabbit's wound. She then grabs another bottle; wipes her hand with a cloth, and pours the contents of this second bottle over the rabbit's injury. The rabbit's leg kicks a bit in protest at this, but Eirin hushes the rabbit and it stops.

> The wound already looks less sore; as Eirin turns away from the rabbit and moves towards Alice.

> She starts to look at Alice from multiple angles; and placeing her palm and fingers on her in various places.

> "Undonge; she said before she is a Youkai Magician, correct?"

> "Yes. I remember that when she placed the order for the Butterfly Dream Pills."

> "Then why is it that her vitals seem different to those of Youkai? Can you just provide a second opinion?"

> The rabbit moves over and makes similar touches to her "Master"; although she also positions her head closer to Alice, as if trying to hear.

> "Yeah; something does seem unusual. Her magical stream feels different somehow."

> "I also can't find her emotional stomach." Eirin remarks. "I understand most youkai do differ, but they all should have the capacity to consume and process human emotion in some form. Even those like Tewi have one."

> "She isn't matching up with human biology either, although granted, I've never performed much on a human to be sure their inner working match the books." Eirin adds.

> The pair sound puzzled.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 20, 2022, 08:08:32 PM
>Try to shift through our creator given memories for a clue to help
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 20, 2022, 09:20:08 PM
> "Maybe something with me has the answer?"
> Pat ourselves in presentation.
> "Alice's Magnum Opus - Olympia."
> Droop a bit.
> "She fell asleep a few minutes after I... woke up... I hope she didn't give me something she really needed."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 20, 2022, 10:18:53 PM
>Try to shift through our creator given memories for a clue to help

> You try to find anything of use in the memory flashes you have.

> You still cannot find anything that seems like it would explain Alice's condition or her differences to other youkai.

> "Maybe something with me has the answer?"
> Pat ourselves in presentation.
> "Alice's Magnum Opus - Olympia."
> Droop a bit.
> "She fell asleep a few minutes after I... woke up... I hope she didn't give me something she really needed."

> Eirin moves over to you, examining you closer.

> "A doll that is active with the master incapacitated. Fascinating. Are you a golem working on some sort of autopilot? Or do you have free will?" the medic asks; before she pauses.

> "Oh wait; how rude of me. I got carried away with my work that I forgot my manners. I am Eirin Yagokoro."

> She then proceeds to touch you; causing a small *tink* sound.

> "Porcelain. Fascinating. I have heard that specially worked porcelain can be an excellent magical container and material for projects of magiconstruction, but I've never seen it in practice." she mutters.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 20, 2022, 11:41:09 PM
> "Alice told me I have no strings. That she won't order me around. The only thing I've done that she asked was to choose my own name."
> Look over at Udonge, then point to her.
> "If she isn't the princess, are you the princess of this place?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 20, 2022, 11:48:22 PM
>Stare at Eirin as we think
->"What is a golem?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 21, 2022, 07:14:25 AM
>Stare at Eirin as we think
->"What is a golem?"

> "A structure that can move on it's own, but is completely subservient to it's master. Golems cannot act without direct commands. So unless Miss Margatroid specifically told you to seek me out and converse with me, that disproves you being a Golem."

> "Alice told me I have no strings. That she won't order me around. The only thing I've done that she asked was to choose my own name."
> Look over at Udonge, then point to her.
> "If she isn't the princess, are you the princess of this place?"

> "So you are autonomous. Intrigueing."

> As you look from the rabbit to the doctor, she opens a drawer and gets a device out; putting it into her ears. At the other end seems to be a shimmering blue stone.

> "I am not the Princess either." Eirin answers, as she places the blue stone upon Alice's chest for a few moments. She then moves it onto yours.

> "Same magical signitures. Not surprising, if she created you. The question is how she managed it."

> Eirin seems to think for a few moments, before she gets a pot filled with a glowing substance. She then puts on a pair of gloves, and rubs the substance over her gloves.

> "This may feel uncomfortable for a few moments." she says, before she touches the chests of both you and Alice, and her gloved hand passes through, into them.

> It feels cold and tingly. As the doctor said; it does feel uncomfortable.

> After a few moments, she looks at the rabbit.

> "Undonge, would you mind asking the Princess if she can come to the infirmary. I would like to ask for her assistance."

> The rabbit leaves the room as soon as her Master's request is given.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 21, 2022, 12:43:14 PM
> "Tingly..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 21, 2022, 03:42:57 PM
>"Ooh"
->Try putting putting our hand into out chest like the doctor without hurting ourself

>Check for any residue of the glowing substance
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 21, 2022, 09:13:09 PM
> "Tingly..."

> Eirin does not respond.

>
>"Ooh"
->Try putting putting our hand into out chest like the doctor without hurting ourself

>Check for any residue of the glowing substance

> You attempt to emulate Eirin, but your hand just dinks against your chest.

> It appears Eirin has been efficient enough with her usage of the substance that there is no residue.

> Eirin removes her hands, and thinks.

> "Well; I think I found the problem. The problem is finding a solution. It's not my area of expertise."

> She looks at you.

> "It appears that to create you; Alice splintered a part of her own soul and placed it within your shell. Logical. Souls can heal, souls can grow. It's the same logic as a single-celled organism splitting into two. I'm not sure how she went about shearing a piece of her own soul off..."

> Eirin paused.

> "But the problem is she made some sort of mistake. Instead of simply chipping off a splinter, she's managed to crack her soul. She's damaged it. My medication can fix the body, it can even enhance it. But I can't fix a soul."

> Eirin adds, after a moment, "And it's not as simple as putting her soul back together. The moment you came alive, the fragment of Alice's soul became it's own thing, your soul; and started to change. It's not even the right shape to piece back together anymore."

> At this point, Undonge arrives, followed by a short girl in a shirt and skirt that both seem a bit too big for her. Despite this; she seems quite elegant.

> (https://safebooru.org//samples/3380/sample_75ead17078ec50a2f646c3c87d37fcc9abf286ec.jpg?3517115)
> Kaguya Houraisan
> Personification of the Moment that lasts an Eternity

> "I cannot fix her, but there is a way to buy her time until a way is found to mend her splintered soul." Eirin says, before she looks towards the new figure. "Lady Kaguya, if you would please suspend Miss Margetroid using your Power of Eternity."

> The 'Lady Kaguya' seems unsure. "What point is there for me suspending out this moment of suffering for an eternity if even you do not know how to fix it?" she asks, before adding, "Surely, if this patient is suffering such that you cannot cure them, rather than drawing out a moment of suffering to an eternity, yearning for a cure that may not exist, I should make eternity pass in a moment, so her suffering ceases?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 21, 2022, 09:43:28 PM
>"Could bits of my soul grow and fill the cracks?"

>"Lady Kaguya, I owe my creator for my life."

>Fidget with our hands
->"She said to do whatever I want and I want to save her."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 22, 2022, 02:13:23 AM
> "I have free will, and that's what I will. I will save Alice so she can see me do things on my own."
> "So... Who can help with souls?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 22, 2022, 08:12:08 PM
>"Could bits of my soul grow and fill the cracks?"

>"Lady Kaguya, I owe my creator for my life."

>Fidget with our hands
->"She said to do whatever I want and I want to save her."

> Eirin shakes her head. "Your soul is your soul now. It's it's own thing. Everything you experience will carve itself upon it and shape it."

> Kaguya looks at you when you speak. She is silent for a few moments, before she slowly approaches you. You note she isn't walking, but floating above the ground.

> "A doll that moves on it's own. Truely; an impossible item." she says. "Perhaps I should add you to my collection of Impossible Requests..."

> "Do you not have enough pets; Lady Kaguya?" Eirin asks. "A living being is a pet, not one of your curiosities."

> "I suppose." the Princess answers to Eirin, backing away from you once again.

> "And what if she cannot be saved?" Kaguya asks. "Eirin is the smartest person I know, and if she dosen't know a way to help, I doubt there is one."

> "I have free will, and that's what I will. I will save Alice so she can see me do things on my own."
> "So... Who can help with souls?"

> "Aren't you just the most determined little thing?" Kaguya replies.

> Eirin looks like she is about to say something; but Kaguya stops her.

> "Do you know how things work here; little doll?" Kaguya asks. "Even should you find someone who might be able to help; they may not wish to do so. Indeed, I'm not particularly keen on causing more suffering where there may not be a solution. But you are something I have not seen in my many, many years. You interest me. So perhaps I shall give you some assistance after all..."

> Kaguya shows the faintest of smiles.

> "Have you even figured out what your ability is? Every being within Gensokyo has one. Be it a talent above all overs that no-one can compete with, or some sort of supernatural ability that only they possess. I don't see you being able to make it very far if you do not even know what your gift is."

> Eirin and Undonge are both looking at the Princess slightly surprised. It seems neither of theme expected her to react to you this way. The Princess looks at you expectantly.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 22, 2022, 08:46:41 PM
> "I can pick up rabbits that should be too big to pick up. It wasn't heavy at all."
> "And well... I just have to do my best to get their help. I don't think I can use strings like Alice, so I can't control and make people do what I want."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 22, 2022, 09:16:24 PM
> "I can pick up rabbits that should be too big to pick up. It wasn't heavy at all."
> "And well... I just have to do my best to get their help. I don't think I can use strings like Alice, so I can't control and make people do what I want."

> "When you gave me the rabbit; it felt weightless for a moment." Eirin explains.  "But when you let go; it regained it's weight. While it is possible that your ability extends beyond this singular thing we have seen, for now, I believe it is safe to say you have the ability to make objects you touch weightless."

> "Well; there is an easy way to test that theory; right Eirin?" Kaguya responds.

> Both Kaguya and Eirin look at Undonge.

> The rabbit sighs and walks up to you. She stops just out of reach of your arm.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 22, 2022, 09:19:48 PM
> "A big rabbit... person. Well, here goes."
> Hold on and try to lift her in the same way we did for the rabbit.
> Note anything we feel during this.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 22, 2022, 10:58:50 PM
>Watch for any visual cues of our magic
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 23, 2022, 07:09:15 AM
Touch me waistline
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 23, 2022, 12:10:33 PM
> "A big rabbit... person. Well, here goes."
> Hold on and try to lift her in the same way we did for the rabbit.
> Note anything we feel during this.

>Watch for any visual cues of our magic

> You steady yourself; before you float into grip range. You decide to grab Reisen's arm, although your hands are far too small to actually wrap around it. Instead, you float over her arm and place one hand each side.

> You attempt to lift Undonge. At first, nothing happens, then, that same faint sparkleing aura starts to spread across her. It takes a few moments, and there is no change until the glittering sparkles have spread all around her body, but once that occurs, you manage to lift the rabbit off the ground, all resistance is gone. Lifting her as; physically, as difficult as lifting the injured rabbit was.

> You're fairly sure that should not be possible in regular circumstances. Undonge is easily 15~20 times your size.

> However, a few moments after lifting her off the ground, you start to feel a weariness set in. The aura flickers, and suddenly the rabbit's weight returns. She immediately lands back on the ground on her feet, and you get dragged down with her, bumping on her arm.

> "It appears she cannot maintain the ability on something that large for very long." Kaguya says. You hear Undonge mutter about not being that large.

> "Yes, but it would be reasonable to wager that with use her mastery over it would grow. To be able to apply it at all to something with such a large size differential when she only just found out what her power is is an impressive feat."

Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 23, 2022, 05:52:59 PM
> "mm... I hope this can help me help Alice..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 23, 2022, 05:59:06 PM
>"Did I do ok?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 23, 2022, 08:53:33 PM
>"Did I do ok?"

> "Better than I expected, to be honest." Kaguya responds.

> "mm... I hope this can help me help Alice..."

> "It is a start, but as I said, you need to know how things work in Gensokyo."

> There is a loud noise from outside.

> Kaguya quickly pulls a small branch that seems to have jewels upon it from her sleeve and waves it in the direction of Alice, who shimmers with a rainbow sheen before she becomes completely motionless.

> "It seems what is happening outside is a suitiable lesson for you. Come, I have suspended the dollmaker in Eternity. You need not worry about her."

> Kaguya starts heading for the exit of the room, before she briefly pauses. "Oh; I should explain. I have power over Eternity and the Instantaneous. I can make an eternity pass in a moment, or a moment reach into infinity. The latter allows me to place things into an unchanging stasis. This very palace is under that power. The wood shall never rot; and no damage can fall upon it. The condition of the dollmaker shall not; cannot; change under my powers."

> With that; Kaguya leaves the room. Undonge follows her; while Eirin goes back to whatever she was working on before you arrived. You note the rabbit is still resting, but you can see it's fur starting to grow back already.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 23, 2022, 10:41:07 PM
> Pat Alice and wish her our best. Then follow the princess and the princess bunny.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 24, 2022, 01:26:24 AM
>Poke our creator's cheek
->Follow the princess
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 24, 2022, 01:28:43 AM
>Happy birthday to me!
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 24, 2022, 05:32:46 PM
> Pat Alice and wish her our best. Then follow the princess and the princess bunny.

>Poke our creator's cheek
->Follow the princess

> You pat Alice's head and poke her cheek. You find it impossible to actually indent the cheek. It feels completely solid.

> You follow Kaguya and Undonge out of the room, and they lead you out of the palace...

> Marisa and Tewi are flying around the open area, both of them launching barrages of brilliant projectiles at each other. Tewi seems to be launching various pink shots; some of which appear to bounce off the ground back at Marisa; while Marisa is launching streams of star-like projectiles; and occasionally a narrow laser beam. Most of each other's projectiles are being evaded, but some are making the smallest bit of contact.

> Interestingly; the projectiles seem to be doing nothing to the environment when they impact it, and if they fly too high up; they seem to fizzle away.

> "So; are you aware of what this is?" Kaguya asks.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 24, 2022, 05:46:11 PM
>"Fireworks?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 24, 2022, 08:17:17 PM
> We should know from Alice's knowledge. At least...
>> "Danmaku."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 24, 2022, 09:12:16 PM
>"Fireworks?"

> "Close." Undonge answers.

> We should know from Alice's knowledge. At least...
>> "Danmaku."

> You get some vuage memories, a continuation of that scene with Marisa in the bamboo forest. Marisa started fighting the girl in red and white, with Alice helping. The red-and-white girl started to get overwhelmed 2 against 1; but then the purple-clad woman did... something [you're not sure what] and the brunette started to win; moving faster, fireing more, seeming to warp around a little even..

> Kaguya chuckles. "So you do seem to know, even if by instinct."

> Tewi takes a direct hit from one of the stars Marisa launched, and falls to the ground, landing on her feet. She pulls out an ornate card from her dress pocket.

> "Rabbit Sign: Darting Amoung Bamboo!" the inaba calls, before green danmaku forms into bamboo-like pillars.

> "This is a new one." Marisa remarks. as she avoids one of the danmaku pillars which rose up near her.

> The green bullets don't move, but Tewi starts forming pink rings with some sort of crest and kicks them at the pillars; which they bounce off of, sending a few of the green danmaku out on impact as well.

> "I'm sure Kourin had something like this!" Marisa yells as she starts to dodge the ricocheting crests.

---

[Yes; this Tewi spellcard is basically danmaku pachinko, fitting for the lucky rabbit]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 24, 2022, 09:21:32 PM
> "Dodging is important... But you can't just attack everywhere and hope to hit at the same time. Hm..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: /(^o^)/Fuwayuru on April 25, 2022, 02:41:53 AM
> You pat Alice's head and poke her cheek. You find it impossible to actually indent the cheek. It feels completely solid.

> You follow Kaguya and Undonge out of the room, and they lead you out of the palace...

> Marisa and Tewi are flying around the open area, both of them launching barrages of brilliant projectiles at each other. Tewi seems to be launching various pink shots; some of which appear to bounce off the ground back at Marisa; while Marisa is launching streams of star-like projectiles; and occasionally a narrow laser beam. Most of each other's projectiles are being evaded, but some are making the smallest bit of contact.

> Interestingly; the projectiles seem to be doing nothing to the environment when they impact it, and if they fly too high up; they seem to fizzle away.

> "So; are you aware of what this is?" Kaguya asks.
Fairy
>Laguna is a male name reduced to a thre word lifespan of mistakes

> Mokpo is a opposite of lifespan reduced through drowning in words

>this is a relationship of abuse and mutual usage, whether intercourse is involved or not is entirely optional
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 25, 2022, 02:49:04 AM
>Write notes in the ground
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 25, 2022, 10:01:40 PM
 /(^o^)/Fuwayuru; please if you are going to play... uh... actually play. If you're just going to spam, I'm going to start removing your messages.

> "Dodging is important... But you can't just attack everywhere and hope to hit at the same time. Hm..."

> "Danmaku must always be evadeable." Undonge explains. "The spellcard rules and danmaku exist so the weak can fight the strong, and it becomes a battle of beauty and skill."

> "Out of myself; Eirin, Undonge and Tewi; Tewi is probably the worst of us." Kaguya boasts. "Although she has been working hard to improve ever since she last lost. The spellcard you see now is one she's been developing."

>Write notes in the ground

> You float down to the ground and use your finger to write notes in the soil.

> As Tewi's attack continues, there are more and more richoeting charms, and it is getting more and more difficult for Marisa to evade. She appears as if she's managed to fly into a trap of sorts.

> "Damnit; Love Sign: Master Spark!" Marisa calls out; as she pulls out a similary ornate, but diffierent-looking card, and holds it in front of the device she pointed at you earlier.

> There is a breif whirring sound as the card turns into magic light and is absorbed into the device, before a roaring beam of rainbow energy blasts out.

> That... seems antithetical to the whole evasion thing Undonge just said about.

> Tewi's danmaku vanishes; and the white rabbit falls to the ground, groaning and with mildly singed and ruffled clothing. Marisa lands; flips the device into the air and catches it before putting it away, and pulls the rabbit up.

> "That new one almost got me..." Marisa admits.

> "I got too carried away... I should have been ready to scramble away from that Spark..." the rabbit grumbled.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 25, 2022, 10:05:53 PM
> "You almost did that to me?!" Shout in disbelief.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 25, 2022, 10:46:37 PM
> "You almost did that to me?!" Shout in disbelief.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 26, 2022, 10:51:52 PM
> "You almost did that to me?!" Shout in disbelief.

> "Nah." Marisa said with surprisingly high amounts of cheer. "I woulda blown a hole in Alice's house if I did that. I was gonna use a weaker spell than the Master Spark. But most people think I'm gonna use the Master Spark with that stance, so it's a good way to get people talkin' you know?"

> She pauses.

> "Although that said the danmaku Master Spark and the real thing are two different things. Not even sure how destructive it would be these days. I ain't fired an actual Master Spark for a while. Not needed to blow something up good and proper."

> She seems to be in thought as she mutters to herself about "testing against the original."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 26, 2022, 10:53:39 PM
> "So it's different... Well, I think we know what's wrong with Alice..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 27, 2022, 12:55:15 AM
>Nod at Marisa's words
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 27, 2022, 09:01:05 PM
>Nod at Marisa's words

> Marisa dosen't react to you nodding.

> "So it's different... Well, I think we know what's wrong with Alice..."

> Marisa looks at you silently; but expectantly for a few moments.

> "I mean, she's not with you. So it can't be good." she says, sounding less cheery than usual.

> Marisa hesitates. "I suppose that's why Eirin isn't out here, right?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 27, 2022, 09:10:30 PM
> "Okay, so don't interrupt me, because you need to hear all of it to understand. So first, Eirin says Alice chipped off part of her soul to make me, but she cracked or damaged her own in the process. And the part that went to me became my soul, so I can't use mine to restore Alice's. So, Miss Kaguya is keeping her eternal or something so that we can find someone or a way to mend Alice's splintered soul. Do you know anyone who can do such?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 27, 2022, 10:21:36 PM
> "Okay, so don't interrupt me, because you need to hear all of it to understand. So first, Eirin says Alice chipped off part of her soul to make me, but she cracked or damaged her own in the process. And the part that went to me became my soul, so I can't use mine to restore Alice's. So, Miss Kaguya is keeping her eternal or something so that we can find someone or a way to mend Alice's splintered soul. Do you know anyone who can do such?"

> Marisa thinks for a few moments.

> "No-one comes to mind. I don't remember anyone with any soul-powers. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up! Just because I don't know anyone doesn't mean there isn't anyone." Marisa says. "I don't have time to stick around here moping, and if Alice is safe here, I don't need to worry about lugging her around!"

> Without hesitation, Marisa kicks off the ground with her broom and flies off at pace.

> "Nothing can stop her when she's fired up like this." Undonge says. "Marisa's a bit of a hothead who likes to rush off and do her own thing. She's always trying to solve problems before Reimu can..."

> "A bit of a hothead?" Tewi mockingly asks. "Try volcano-head Undonge."

> The rabbit in pink looks at you. "What are you gonna do? If you wanna leave the forest I can get some rabbits to lead you out."

> "You are welcome to stay here if you please as well." Kaguya adds, the Princess still clearly fascinated by you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 27, 2022, 10:36:00 PM
> Look back the way Marisa went off.
> "Uh... Well, I'm definitely not as fast or strong as her, I'm pretty sure. So I won't be able to find someone as well as she would. I think it's better if I stay nearby Alice for now."

//Any objections, Phil?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 27, 2022, 10:40:12 PM
//None, Olympia is a newborn
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 28, 2022, 10:29:15 PM
> Look back the way Marisa went off.
> "Uh... Well, I'm definitely not as fast or strong as her, I'm pretty sure. So I won't be able to find someone as well as she would. I think it's better if I stay nearby Alice for now."

//Any objections, Phil?

> "You do not need to be strong or fast to go out and meet people." Kaguya says. For some reason, the two rabbits give the Princess a look that almost screams 'you're talking about going out?'.

> Tewi smirks at you. "What, are you scared of going off alone or something? How old are you anyway?"

> "Stop pestering her Tewi." Undonge says. "She didn't even know what her ability was until just now, so she's probably only just been created. Besides, it's not as if Miss Margetroid could have stayed conscious long with that Soul Fracture."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 29, 2022, 03:02:54 AM
> "A few minutes old at best... maybe not even an hour yet. I definitely don't want to die and have Alice finally wake and wonder what happened to me."
> Think for a bit...
> "But... I believe there are some things I'm curious about, that I should probably try to follow along."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 29, 2022, 03:16:31 AM
>Shrug before we answer
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 29, 2022, 07:32:34 PM
>Shrug before we answer

> "A few minutes old at best... maybe not even an hour yet. I definitely don't want to die and have Alice finally wake and wonder what happened to me."
> Think for a bit...
> "But... I believe there are some things I'm curious about, that I should probably try to follow along."

> "Oh." Tewi responds, clearly a bit surprised.

> "What is it that you are curious about?" Kaguya asks.

> The previously injured bunny hops out of the front of the palace, hopping over to the uninjured adult and the babies. It's fur hasn't fully grown back, but it's showing no signs of injury as it hops now. The other rabbits seem quite happy.

> "Next full moon I'm going to give her a peice of my mind." Kaguya says quietly to herself.

> "Princess, how do you know it was her and not the Fire Rat's Robe?" Tewi says in an innocent sounding fashion, but the smug look on her face says it all.

> Kaguya grumbles.

> "It's not like you need an excuse to fight Mokou to the death on the night of the full moon anyway." Tewi continues. "It's the highlight of your month."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 29, 2022, 08:28:44 PM
> "I'm curious about Alice's other dolls. And some things in her house."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 29, 2022, 08:42:35 PM
>"You've fought Mokou to the death multiple times?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 29, 2022, 10:30:45 PM
>"You've fought Mokou to the death multiple times?"

> "Yes." Kaguya replies.

> The two rabbits give Kaguya a look.

> "Oh yes. We're immortal." Kaguya elaborates. "Death doesn't stick to us for more than a second or two. Fuijwara even stylizes herself after a Pheonix. So we can freely fight without any spellcard rules or other silliness, because we don't need to worry about hurting each other."

> "I'm curious about Alice's other dolls. And some things in her house."

> Undonge thinks. "Yes, it might help to gather more information about whatever process she used to create you. Knowing what exactly she did may help Master reverse-engineer the process. One moment."

> The taller rabbit re-enters the palace, and then returns with a small book. She flips through it.

> "There's directions here somewhere from when she ordered medication before. Ah; there we go! With you being whisked here by Kirisame, I doubt you'd have the route home memorized."

> Undonge looks at Kaguya.

> "I trust you do not object to me accompanying the doll on this task? I can gather any useful information and then return to give it to Master."

> "Go ahead." Kaguya says. "Having you resolve problems brings good to the name of Eientei after all; and me by extension."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 30, 2022, 01:43:59 AM
> "Oh. The Princess... Er, Princess's pet will be welcome company."
> Smile.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 30, 2022, 08:49:03 PM
> "Oh. The Princess... Er, Princess's pet will be welcome company."
> Smile.

> The taller rabbit sighs.

> "You can call me Reisen. I guess my full name is Reisen Undongin Inaba, although those all came from different people. I guess Undonge works too, but don't just call me Inaba please..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 30, 2022, 08:52:04 PM
> "Okay Reisen. You know how to get back to Alice's house from here?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on April 30, 2022, 09:04:52 PM
>Nod and give our guide a thumbs up
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on April 30, 2022, 09:37:10 PM
> "Okay Reisen. You know how to get back to Alice's house from here?"

> "By memory; no. Using the directions from her historical order of medication, yes." Reisen answers, tapping the cover of the pocketbook she had retrieved from the palace.

>Nod and give our guide a thumbs up

> Reisen nods, but then adds something.

> "One rule. Do not look directly into my eyes. I'm not sure if it would effect you, since you're not biological and thus technically lack a brain for me to scramble, but still; better to be safe than sorry. Looking into my eyes can cause insanity. It's a part of my ability, and unfortunately; I can't turn it off fully. I can only weaken it to the degree that you're only at risk with direct contact."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on April 30, 2022, 09:47:03 PM
> Nod nod.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 01, 2022, 01:20:08 AM
>Nod nod
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 01, 2022, 08:47:38 PM
> Nod nod.

> Reisen nods, and begins to walk towards the edge of the clearing. She stops to make sure the rabbits and the babies are alright, before she continues.

> "I'm not sure how fast you can move, if I start getting too far ahead, please let me know."

> Reisen enters the bamboo forest.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 01, 2022, 09:16:56 PM
> Catch up to her and cling onto her arm to be carried!
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 01, 2022, 09:19:37 PM
>Then crawl up so we can ride on her shoulder
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 02, 2022, 09:39:57 PM
> Catch up to her and cling onto her arm to be carried!

>Then crawl up so we can ride on her shoulder

> You catch up to Reisen, firstly grabbing the sleeve of her arm, and then hoisting yourself up onto her shoulder.

> "I... I guess that works." the rabbit says. She seems slightly uncomfortable with the situation, but dosen't remove you.

> You swiftly reach the edge of the Bamboo forest, with Reisen seemingly knowing the way around it very well. When you do this, you see the night sky for the first time, the night having fallen while you were at Eientei.

> Reisen briefly stops; reading from her notebook again.

> Suddenly; she tenses up; turns around and points a finger into the sky. You see a small group of figures in the air.

> Followed by a barrage of various-colored orbs heading your way.

> "It's a fairy pack! The type that love to play danmaku with anyone else they find and won't take no for an answer." Reisen says. "I can deal with them but you might want to hold on."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 02, 2022, 09:40:37 PM
> Hang on tightly, and watch her work!
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 02, 2022, 10:05:53 PM
>Get as flat ad possible on her shoulder
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 03, 2022, 08:45:50 PM
> Hang on tightly, and watch her work!

>Get as flat ad possible on her shoulder

> You hand on tightly; laying down horizontally across Reisen's shoulder.

> The rabbit leaps into the air, and then fires a rapid-fire spray of bullet danmaku from her outreached finger, which moves faster than the shots of the fairies, and makes a few of them... pop into glitter with a -pichunn- sound.

> The remaining fairies keep attacking, seemingly completely undettered by their comrades vanishing. Reisen makes a motion, and a weapon appears in her hands with little rabbit ears on it. Reisen fires this; which seems to have a lower rate of fire but is launching larger bullets. Again, about half the remaining fairies vanish.

> From your position on Reisen's shoulder, one of your eyes can see a bit behind the rabbit, and out of thin air, three fairies appear at close range; while Reisen is distracted with the barrage from the remaining few fairies that attacked from the front!

> One is a brunette with long hair and in a blue dress. One is a blonde with her hair all curled up in two odd bunches in a yellow-hued dress, and the third is an orange-haired girl with messy hair in a red dress. Their wings also also all notably different in appearance.

(https://safebooru.org//images/1836/1a41bd20f977f286beb87abfc82395d0c7e52046.jpg?1918218)

> The yellow fairy loosens a barrage of crescent-moon like danmaku, the blue fairy releases a barrage of blue stars, and the red fairy shoots small fireballs. It's immediately clear that these three are better than the small swarm that attacked from the front. It's also notable that the red fairy is shooting the smallest barrage; while the yellow fairy is shooting the most.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 03, 2022, 09:13:08 PM
>Launch ourself at the yellow fairy's face if we think we can latch
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 03, 2022, 09:35:12 PM
> Do not disembark from the rabbit. Our size means we are extremely easy to capture. We don't need to be another person needing saving, especially when we're already trying to save someone else.
> Whisper to Reisen: "Behind us, three super wing fairies."
> Slap her shoulder in urgency if she's still not noticing.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 04, 2022, 05:19:30 PM
>Launch ourself at the yellow fairy's face if we think we can latch

> In terms of range and direct path, you probably could. But the danmaku...

> Do not disembark from the rabbit. Our size means we are extremely easy to capture. We don't need to be another person needing saving, especially when we're already trying to save someone else.
> Whisper to Reisen: "Behind us, three super wing fairies."
> Slap her shoulder in urgency if she's still not noticing.

> "Super wing fairies?" Reisen asks; as she makes a sharp left movement by instinct and then wheels around.

> "Oh; these three. I see they figured out I can see through their powers so they snuck up behind me."

> "Nuh uh! You totally didn't see us coming!" the red fairy says.

> "Or hear us." the yellow fairy said in a less enthusiastic voice.

> "But we knew where you were!" the blue fairy added in a cheery tone.

> "That's because you snuck up behind me." Reisen replied, while she kept shooting behind her without looking, causing the remaining fairies who were the frontal assault to either vanish or scatter with their numbers thinned.

> "No it's because we hid ourselves." the red fairy argued back.

> Reisen sighs. "Fairies."

> "Look; I'm quite busy right now; so I'll give you one chance. Fly off and stop bothering me or I'll shoot you down without any mercy."

> The three fairies huddle and start whispering to each other.

> As they are doing this; a small [even to you], glittering rectangle appears before you; spinning around rapidly. It's not moving towards or away from you. The rectangle has a very ornate design upon it, but it is spinning too quickly to make out fully.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 04, 2022, 05:32:48 PM
>Poke the rectangle with a finger
->If it is safe grab it
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 04, 2022, 06:08:36 PM
>Poke the rectangle with a finger
->If it is safe grab it

// (To humbly counsel )Since it could give hints based on "main patterns and details" at least to us if we confront if with "Spellcard Sigils of the Characters"; since it is better to check out if "it is manifesting or not to others " ; since it is practically on top of Reisen so it is fair for her to be aware of it and not unwittingly(if)involved//

> Before that,are we able to sense any power or signature or feeling from it?

> Could the design be familiar? What is its "main pattern and details"?

> Tell Reisen about this "new appearance ",but do not forget about the "nearby 3 huddling whispering fairies".

> If it is needed,approach it for the previously necessary actions.


Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 04, 2022, 07:25:22 PM
> Given it's spinning really fast, let's grab it. Unless we think we can poke it without risk of our finger being smashed or broken.
> Do keep a grip on Reisen, though.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 04, 2022, 09:20:58 PM
// (To humbly counsel )Since it could give hints based on "main patterns and details" at least to us if we confront if with "Spellcard Sigils of the Characters"; since it is better to check out if "it is manifesting or not to others " ; since it is practically on top of Reisen so it is fair for her to be aware of it and not unwittingly(if)involved//

> Before that,are we able to sense any power or signature or feeling from it?

> Could the design be familiar? What is its "main pattern and details"?

> Tell Reisen about this "new appearance ",but do not forget about the "nearby 3 huddling whispering fairies".

> If it is needed,approach it for the previously necessary actions.

> You sense a power. It feels oddly familiar.

> You point the thing out to Reisen.

> "It's a bit too small for me to make out what it is." Reisen says.

> Given it's spinning really fast, let's grab it. Unless we think we can poke it without risk of our finger being smashed or broken.
> Do keep a grip on Reisen, though.

>Poke the rectangle with a finger
->If it is safe grab it

> You reach out with one hand and poke the thing. It stops spinning, but glows and shimmers.

> Since it didn't hurt you; you grab it.

> The rectangle turns into magic vapour and sinks into your hand, and you feel something emanating within you.

> Suddenly, you understand Danmaku. A phrase enters your mind.

> Olympiad: Danmaku Shotput

> As this happens, the fairy trio breaks their huddle.

> "We decided! We're not gonna give up!" the yellow one says, before adding "Formation Nintey... uh... Fourty Six and a half!"

> The three fairies take a formation with the yellow one in the lead.

> "Falling Light: Triple Light!" the yellow fairy declares, before the trio start moving around and firing a mixture of red, yellow and blue shots into the air, that are very bright. They then start raining down. The Yellow fairy releases the occasional thin beam of light too.

> Reisen looks unimpressed, but also doesn't immediately counter-attack. She appears to be taking a cautious approach in case the trio try anything funny. Indeed, the danmaku dosen't look very threatening at all. It's more impressive than the other fairies for sure.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 04, 2022, 11:53:04 PM
> Stick on Reisen and observe the show for now.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 04, 2022, 11:58:29 PM
>" 'Twas a spellcard."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 06, 2022, 10:07:13 PM
>" 'Twas a spellcard."

> Reisen makes a sound aknowledgeing this, but is focused on the fight.

> Stick on Reisen and observe the show for now.

> Reisen evades the falling danmaku, and then grazes one of the lasers; while closing the distance. You note a red glow eminateing from her eye area [you dare not look directly when you notice this to confirm it is her eyes; given what she mentioned earlier]

> Four eye-like... projections open around her and while Reisen fires a barrage of bullet danmaku from her free hand, these eye projections launch purple-coloured versions of Reisen's own danmaku in a wild conical spray.

> This completely overwhelms the three fairies; who; with a strange sound, stop their attack and fall to the ground on top of each other.

> "Uuuuuwa, she wasn't lying..." the blue one groans.

> "We didn't stand a chance..." the red -wearing one complained.

> The yellow one was pouting up at you two from the top of the fairy pile. You note these three didn't poof like the weaker fairies.

> The four eye projections vanish and the glow emanating from Reisen's head fades.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 06, 2022, 10:24:43 PM
> "I'd ask why they bothered to bother you, but we should probably keep on, right?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 06, 2022, 10:29:43 PM
>"I think you did well."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 06, 2022, 10:35:01 PM
> Pat her shoulder in praise.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 07, 2022, 09:21:53 PM
> "I'd ask why they bothered to bother you, but we should probably keep on, right?"

> "Yes, although these three fairies have a bit of a rivalry with me ever since they found out their abilities don't work on me." Reisen replied. "They manipulate sound, light and radio waves, allowing them to become invisible and muffle their sound, while using the third ability as a radar. But since my ability gives me control over wavelengths, I can notice their messing around. They've had this grudge against me ever since I ruined one of their pranks."

> The yellow fairy is about to say something, but Reisen takes off; ignoreing her.

>"I think you did well."

> Pat her shoulder in praise.

> "It's not difficult taking down fairies." Reisen replies. "Well; except for one specific fairy. But that one's hardly a fairy at all anymore."

> It dosen't take too long to reach the forest you started at. From the night's light, you can spot the forest has a faint purple mist around it. Reisen consults her pocket-book for a few moments, before she flies down.

> Reisen lands just outside Alice's house.

> "Did Marisa seriously leave the door open?" Reisen asks.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 07, 2022, 09:38:34 PM
>"Is that bad?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 07, 2022, 10:29:54 PM
>"Is that bad?"

> "It means anyone could just fly in. Like some fairy who wants to play a prank, some curious youkai or Mari..."

> Reisen stops herself before saying Marisa; given it was her who left the door open to start with.

> Reisen enters the building.

> "Well; I don't really know what I'm looking for here." the rabbit says as she looks around. "I've not been further than the outside of the front door to drop off medication."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 07, 2022, 10:43:12 PM
> "It means anyone could just fly in. Like some fairy who wants to play a prank, some curious youkai or Mari..."

> Reisen stops herself before saying Marisa; given it was her who left the door open to start with.

> Reisen enters the building.

> "Well; I don't really know what I'm looking for here." the rabbit says as she looks around. "I've not been further than the outside of the front door to drop off medication."

> What can we see out of place?

> What "traces or signs" of Marisa,or another person besides Alice,can we take notice of?

> Point them out to Reisen,but in any case give her directions to move closer to Alice's quarters.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 08, 2022, 06:38:19 AM
> "Well, I wanted to head back to where Alice last was conscious, so..."
> Direct Reisen as best as we can through Alice's home to where we woke up.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 08, 2022, 04:20:37 PM
> "Well, I wanted to head back to where Alice last was conscious, so..."
> Direct Reisen as best as we can through Alice's home to where we woke up.

> Alice's house has pretty much everything in a single large main room;  so you can see everything that matters [Besides; you didn't leave the room so wouldn't know anything out of place in other rooms]. As a result; you and Reisen are already in the room where you woke up; lined with dolls; equipment to make and maintain dolls, and the table you were upon. Alice's bed is also in this room, as well as a small area to cook.

> What can we see out of place?

> What "traces or signs" of Marisa, or another person besides Alice, can we take notice of?

> Point them out to Reisen,but in any case give her directions to move closer to Alice's quarters.


> You look around. You notice that the two well-worn dolls; the one wearing red and the one wearing blue; have been knocked over.

> Perhaps more concerning however, is the fact that the black Grimoire is gone.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 08, 2022, 04:39:48 PM
> "No!"
> Scramble about, looking for the grimoire.
> "Darn it! Of course it'd be gone..."
> Investigate the red and blue dolls more closely.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 08, 2022, 06:59:10 PM
>Pull out drawers and toss books to the floor in our frantic search
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 08, 2022, 07:42:46 PM
> Don't displace anything that shouldn't be, like books. We need such evidence to stay for figuring out who came through.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 08, 2022, 09:53:10 PM
> "No!"
> Scramble about, looking for the grimoire.
> "Darn it! Of course it'd be gone..."
> Investigate the red and blue dolls more closely.

> You start scrambleing around looking for the large, black Grimoire. Reisen looks with concern as you do this.

> You cannot find it anywhere.

> You look at the red and blue dolls. They were on the table like you and the Grimoire were previously. It's possible they were knocked over as the Grimoire was picked up. There dosen't seem to be any damage to them, beyond the general wear they already had.

>Pull out drawers and toss books to the floor in our frantic search

> Don't displace anything that shouldn't be, like books. We need such evidence to stay for figuring out who came through.

> You start going through drawers and moving things as you look; applying your ability subconsciously to do so [After all; the drawers weigh multiple times your weight]

> You find nothing of use.

> Reisen is also looking around, a faint glow emanating from her eyes.

> "The most recent footprints were a couple of hours ago. How long were you in the Bamboo Forest before you reached Eientei?" Reisen asks.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 08, 2022, 10:09:20 PM
>Pull our hair
->"Don't. . .know!"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 08, 2022, 10:54:41 PM
> "I don't think it was that long. Marisa was going pretty fast. But she left the book behind and just focused on Alice."
> Return to Reisen.
> "I'm pretty sure she did something with her Black Grimoire to make me and get in this mess in the first place. It being gone isn't a good sign, especially if Marisa doesn't mess with it."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 09, 2022, 08:35:36 PM
>Pull our hair
->"Don't. . .know!"

> You are frustrated.

> "I don't think it was that long. Marisa was going pretty fast. But she left the book behind and just focused on Alice."
> Return to Reisen.
> "I'm pretty sure she did something with her Black Grimoire to make me and get in this mess in the first place. It being gone isn't a good sign, especially if Marisa doesn't mess with it."

> "Yes, but you were at Eientei for a while as well, and we got held up by those fairies." Reisen states. "Either way, whoever entered after Marisa probobly never touched the ground."

> Reisen nods. "That is a problem. It also means the potential source for clues for Master to use is missing. I'm not really sure what the next step is."

> A very concerned looking Marisa suddenly appears in the doorway.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 09, 2022, 09:00:25 PM
> Turn to Marisa "The Grimoire! Someone snagged it! I believe Alice used it to help make me, but that's one more lead gone if we can't find it!"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 11, 2022, 09:32:44 PM
> Turn to Marisa "The Grimoire! Someone snagged it! I believe Alice used it to help make me, but that's one more lead gone if we can't find it!"

> "Alice's is gone too?" Marisa remarked. "I went and saw Patchy and the whole mansion was in uproar because her main Grimoire had been stolen. Naturally; they assumed it was me and..."

> Marisa suddenly ducks, as there is a ringing sound in the air and a knife suddenly flies through where Marisa's head was a moment ago; through Alice's room and embeds itself in the workbench.

> "Damnit she's still after me!" Marisa says, pulling out the device and pointing it towards the forest.

> A silver-haired figure in a maid dress [not too dissimilar to what the two well-worn dolls are dressed in] literally appears from thin air in the middle of the room behind Marisa but in front of you and Reisen, holding a knife in her hand, moving as if she is about to hurl it towards Marisa's back.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3739/sample_aebe7fef60d6e84d808d51653747042b9f930660.jpg?3905852)
> Sakuya Izayoi
> Servant of Precision Timing

> A slight shiver crosses your body. Alice knew this person, at least somewhat. Enough to be wary of them. It's not like the feeling you got around anyone else Alice was connected with. It's a colder feeling. This being was no friend. Perhaps not an enemy, but certainly not a friend.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 11, 2022, 09:52:18 PM
//Oh dear.  At least Doc can put Marisa back together as long as the thief lives.

>Touch Sakura and use our float ability to throw off her aim
->"Marisa, here!"

>Scramble away from the giant maid
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 11, 2022, 10:02:54 PM
> Proposing alternative if Phil agrees
>> Okay. First big test... Grab the maid by the nearest point. Arm, Butt, Leg, Foot, Hand, whichever part of her might work - and use our ability just long enough to try and physically flip her like a pancake or table.
>> "You're the one that stole Alice's Grimoire, aren't you!?"

//Gotta accuse her of something first, so she knows we have reason to be aggressive towards her in Alice's stead, instead of assuming we're in allegiance with Marisa.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 11, 2022, 10:12:03 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 13, 2022, 07:36:35 PM
> Proposing alternative if Phil agrees
>> Okay. First big test... Grab the maid by the nearest point. Arm, Butt, Leg, Foot, Hand, whichever part of her might work - and use our ability just long enough to try and physically flip her like a pancake or table.
>> "You're the one that stole Alice's Grimoire, aren't you!?"

//Gotta accuse her of something first, so she knows we have reason to be aggressive towards her in Alice's stead, instead of assuming we're in allegiance with Marisa.

> You approach the maid; reaching out to touch her.

> The maid wheels around; moving to strike you with an open palm.

> When you make contact however, her momentum stops with a 'dink' as the faint rainbow aura floats around her. Without her weight; her strike had no force.

> "Huh?!" Sakuya remarks.

> You start to flip her [feeling your energy rapidly depleting, as Sakuya seems to be trying to resist], but then she... vanishes again, looking quite unsettled, only a couple of steps away. She is holding a knife in each hand now; in a defensive stance.

> "You accuse me of theft?!" she spits angrily.

> "Sakuya; Alice is another vic..." Marisa starts; only to have to dodge one of Sakuya's knives; the maid pulling out another one in the same motion. She keeps her eyes on you; clearly wary.

> "Can we at least take this out..." Marisa tries again; only getting another two knives swiftly chucked at her for her trouble. The maid's handiwork is terrifyingly fast...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 13, 2022, 07:56:46 PM
> "Your teleportation, precarious relationship with Alice, and trespassing into her home with hostility while she's absent, presents you as a suspect in the case of her missing Grimoire! Explain your innocence."

> Can we still feel our energy circulating around within ourselves? Does it feel much different now that we used a lot to (try to) toss Sakuya?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 13, 2022, 09:34:36 PM
> "Your teleportation, precarious relationship with Alice, and trespassing into her home with hostility while she's absent, presents you as a suspect in the case of her missing Grimoire! Explain your innocence."

> Can we still feel our energy circulating around within ourselves? Does it feel much different now that we used a lot to (try to) toss Sakuya?

> "If I already stole something, why would I return to the scene of the crime?" the maid says in an exasperated manner. Still; she doesn't attack again.

> Your internal energy feels the same. You just feel more fatigued.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 13, 2022, 11:10:39 PM
> "There's a few reasons why. To take something else, rather than many things in one trip. To seem innocent, since you could try report that the place was ransacked when you got there, or even pin it on someone else. You certainly don't seem to be here on nice terms."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 13, 2022, 11:37:51 PM
>Raise a finger as we name off reasons
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 14, 2022, 09:05:15 PM
> "There's a few reasons why. To take something else, rather than many things in one trip. To seem innocent, since you could try report that the place was ransacked when you got there, or even pin it on someone else. You certainly don't seem to be here on nice terms."

>Raise a finger as we name off reasons

> The maid dosen't respond to you; instead, her eyes seem to shift to a red color as she mummers "three enemies."

> "Oh no." Marisa says.

> A spellcard appears in the maid's hand. "Illusion Ghost: Jack the Ludo Bile"

> The maid releases a cone of large bubble danmaku, then without warning; she suddenly teleports somewhere else in the room, and among the bubble danmaku is a massive quantity of knives [You... don't know where she was storeing that many...]; which start moving towards yourself; Marisa and Reisen.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 14, 2022, 09:33:44 PM
>Use our float powers to flip the desk on its side then take cover behind it

>"Home wrecker!"

>Do we see any doll shields or weapons?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 14, 2022, 11:44:27 PM
>Try not to wreck our home more.
> Do try to duck behind something for cover, though.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 15, 2022, 05:03:18 PM
>Use our float powers to flip the desk on its side then take cover behind it

>"Home wrecker!"

>Do we see any doll shields or weapons?

>Try not to wreck our home more.
> Do try to duck behind something for cover, though.

> Since you are small; you dart behind the leg of the workbench for cover. The knives; unlike the ones before; vanish when they hit a surface, although they cause minor damage. It appears these knives are danmaku and not the real thing.

> There are quite a few dolls with small weaponry or bucklers. And of course, there's also the large doll with it's blade-arms.

> "Ugh; I can't really fight back with my magic in here." Marisa complains. "One errant spark and the whole place could go up!"

> "What do you mean?" Reisen asks as she evades the wave of knife danmaku.

> "Most of the dolls are filled with gunpowder."

> "WHAT?!" the rabbit says with a face-fault expression.

> The maid's attention now seems to be on the other two, as she is throwing knives at them and they are focusing on evasion, apparently reluctant to fight back due to the gunpowder-filled dolls. However, each time one of Reisen and Marisa heads towards the door; they're cut off by the maid either throwing knives or teleporting. It seems she knows she has the advantage indoors.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2022, 05:31:19 PM
>Nod to ourself
->Grab a buckler and try to give our comrades cover.

//Maybe we should make an exit through a window
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 15, 2022, 05:48:25 PM
//It seems like Sakuya considers us the least to worry about, so she probably won't stop us if we try to escape. But it's already a 2v1 and Sakuya's still got the upper hand. We need to tip the scales somehow for a turnaround.

> Declare our first spell, Olympiad: Danmaku Shotput. At least it should surprise her, and give the two time to get out in the open.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 15, 2022, 08:19:12 PM
>Nod to ourself
->Grab a buckler and try to give our comrades cover.

//Maybe we should make an exit through a window

> You grab a buckler that fell off one of the other dolls near the workbench leg.

//It seems like Sakuya considers us the least to worry about, so she probably won't stop us if we try to escape. But it's already a 2v1 and Sakuya's still got the upper hand. We need to tip the scales somehow for a turnaround.

> Declare our first spell, Olympiad: Danmaku Shotput. At least it should surprise her, and give the two time to get out in the open.

> When the maid teleports near the door to cut off Marisa again, you declare your spellcard.

> You feel energy gather in your free hand, before you make a throwing motion. A single; large opaque danmaku fires from it; three times the size of your body; towards the maid; who is caught off-guard, being focused on Marisa and not expecting the spellcard.

> The danmaku shotput knocks the maid backwards; out of the door; with several; smaller danmaku flying off on impact. You see Marisa and Reisen quickly make a break for it outside.

> Your spellcard is still in effect, you can feel the energy gathering in your free hand to launch another shot.

[The spellcard is a very basic one, it launches one big danmaku that would erupt into smaller ones, like dirt being thrown up by something impacting the ground. After all; you're a complete newbie.]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2022, 08:25:53 PM
>Move to the door
->Keep the maid out of the house with our danmaku until the spellcard runs out

//Please tell me it is shaped like lightning.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 15, 2022, 09:35:54 PM
//Please tell me it is shaped like lightning.
//We'll probably start understanding how to make more varied shapes and effects for our danmaku the more action we see.

>Phil
> Make sure not to drain ourselves too much. If we can only get one more use out, that's fine.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 15, 2022, 10:13:00 PM
>Move to the door
->Keep the maid out of the house with our danmaku until the spellcard runs out

//Please tell me it is shaped like lightning.

/// No it's just a sphere. It's... a shotput.

> You move to the doorway.

//We'll probably start understanding how to make more varied shapes and effects for our danmaku the more action we see.

>Phil
> Make sure not to drain ourselves too much. If we can only get one more use out, that's fine.


> You're not really sure how many shots you have. You know from when the spellcard formed that they have time limits.

> You launch off another shot, but this one is easily evaded by the maid in the more open area. When it hits a tree, the smaller danmaku spheres emanate; but the maid is never really in the area of them.

> She is, however, also now dodgeing attacks from both Reisen and Marisa, and seems to be getting overwhelmed. Shots from those two are frequently grazing her, and she is getting little; if any; chance to counter-attack, mostly doing so after teleporting; which she is doing noticeably less often and for shorter distances.

> You feel like you can maybe hurl two more shots before the spellcard times out.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 15, 2022, 11:17:38 PM
> One more shotput then. Try to land it on her at it's end, rather than mid-flight
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 15, 2022, 11:22:27 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 16, 2022, 08:38:49 PM
> One more shotput then. Try to land it on her at it's end, rather than mid-flight

> You decide rather than quantity, to wait for the right moment to strike. You've noticed between your successful hit and her movements slowing, that the maid cannot teleport immediately after teleporting.

> Marisa releases a spread shot of star-like danmaku, which combined with a stream of bullets from Reisen; forces the maid to teleport near a tree. You pick that moment to launch your last shot.

> The maid evades the primary orb, but this time is close enough to the impact site that the lesser danmaku catches her in the side. This causes her to grimace and be knocked ever so slightly off-course, and Marisa nails her with a thin beam right in the solar plexus.

> The maid buckles over and drops her weapons.

> "Are you gonna listen to us now instead of making assumptions?" Marisa asks. "You're smart enough to know you can't take us all on Sakuya."

> The maid looks venomously at Marisa; but dosen't say anything.

> "I was going to see Patchy to see if she could help Alice; the person who's house this is." Marisa explains. "And it turns out their Grimoire's been stolen too."

> "That dosen't make you innocent." the maid grunts.

> "Listen Sakuya, I borrow Patchy's books yeah. But there's a huge difference between borrowin' the general magic books and knowledge from Patchy, and stealing her personal Grimoire. A Grimoire is a magician's life's work. It contains all of the magic knowledge they have. A thing like that's too important to borrow even for a period as short as my lifetime, ya' know? Even I have a Grim..."

> Marisa pauses. A look of concern spreads on her face.

> "Hey. If Patchy's Grimoire has been stolen, and Alice's Grimoire has been stolen, you don't think someone would be dumb enough to try and steal a regular human's Grimoire right?" Marisa remarks; sounding actually concerned instead of her regular happy-go-lucky.

> This causes the maid to look at Marisa with surprise. "You being a victim would clear your name... I suppose."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 16, 2022, 11:04:07 PM
> "Someone trying to frame you would, maybe? Or do you think someone's trying to learn better the complicated way from all of you magicians?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 16, 2022, 11:55:28 PM
>Do we know where the key to the house is?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 17, 2022, 03:25:49 PM
> "Someone trying to frame you would, maybe? Or do you think someone's trying to learn better the complicated way from all of you magicians?"

> "'Dunno; but if someone's stealing all the Grimoires it can't be for anything good." Marisa remarked. "And there's also the fact that they decided to strike right after Alice was incapacitated."

>Do we know where the key to the house is?

> No.

> By this point, the maid has gotten back up. "If you would lead the way then, Kirisame. Let us see if you indeed do have proof of your innocence."

> Marisa looks a little sheepish. "It's not like I've had a chance to check my house to make sure with you hot on my tail."

> "Well now you have one." Sakuya says curtly.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 17, 2022, 03:37:23 PM
> "Might just be me, but I don't feel the best about letting her in your house after how she treated Alice's... I hope she behaves this time in someone else's home."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 17, 2022, 03:42:39 PM
>Float over to Reisen
->Lay on her shoulder
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 17, 2022, 10:42:19 PM
> "Might just be me, but I don't feel the best about letting her in your house after how she treated Alice's... I hope she behaves this time in someone else's home."

> "My house isn't filled with gunpowder-filled dolls." Marisa responds. "Besides, who said I'm letting her inside?"

> Reisen looks at you with slight surprise as you claim her shoulder again. As Marisa leads the maid; Reisen follows.

> It dosen't take very long to reach a house that looks significantly shabbier than Alice's. There is a sign on it that reads "Kirisame Magic Shop".

> Marisa opens the door, and... how can anyone live inside that? It's basically a garbage heap inside there. Both the maid and Reisen look mortified at the sight.

> Marisa; however seems to know exactly where to look; and heads for one of the few places where someone might be able to find something, a shelf. She flicks through a few books on there.

> "Nope; mine's gone too." she says.

> "It could be anywhere in that garbage heap." the maid protests.

> "Come on Sakuya, you should know from Patchy that even I'd look after my Grimoire."

> The maid grumbles.

> "Three magicians, all with their Grimoires stolen. This is starting to look like an Incident." she remarks.

> "P-perhaps we should go and inform Reimu?" Reisen suggests, a little sheepishly.

> "I would prefer to continue my investigation alone. Kirisame is far from the only thief in Gensokyo; even if she is the most prolific."

> "I don't steal. I'm simply borrowing until I die."

> "Without permission." the maid adds. "Which is stealing."

> "Anyway, I don't wanna get Reimu mixed up in this. I'm personally involved in this incident. If there's any incident I'm gonna beat Reimu to solving; it's this one! I'll find whoever's behind this and ..."

> Marisa pulls out the device she pointed at you before and mutters quietly to it; she then puts it away.

> "Is it even an incident if Reimu doesn't get involved?" Reisen asks.

> "It is if I say so~" Marisa responds.

> Reisen sighs. "What do you wanna do? You're not involved in this whole Grimoire-stealing stuff personally. Neither am I for that matter, although I guess since Master wanted that book you mentioned... I have been dragged into this haven't I?"

---

OCC: At moments like this where I feel like there is a potential major branching to the story; I'll provide a quick summary of the situation and "routes":


A crossroads seems to be before you in regards to the case of the Grimoire of Alice; a deeply important item to Alice that may be important in helping her:

- Stay with Reisen and go and inform this "Reimu" about the stolen Grimoires

- Go with Marisa and see what her plan is

- Go with Sakuya and investigate other known thieves

- Strike out on your own course [This could either be going after the Grimoire or deeming it unimportant and focusing on finding a solution to the damage to Alice's soul]

The choice will influence encounters for the next phase of the game. The other characters will follow their own goals regardless; although you will lose the ability to influence their routes as a result.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 17, 2022, 11:27:42 PM
> "I need to know about more people and get someone who can help with Alice's issue. I believe in you being able to find Alice's grimoire, Marisa, so I'll leave that to you. Given Sakuya here wants to go after potential thieves alone, I guess I'll just have to do my best by myself."
> Consider places and people we know.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 17, 2022, 11:51:44 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 18, 2022, 07:12:01 PM
> "I need to know about more people and get someone who can help with Alice's issue. I believe in you being able to find Alice's grimoire, Marisa, so I'll leave that to you. Given Sakuya here wants to go after potential thieves alone, I guess I'll just have to do my best by myself."
> Consider places and people we know.

> "You'd probably just get in my way anyway." Sakuya remarks.

> "I'm not just lookin' for Alice's Grimoire. I gotta clear my name and get my own back." Marisa adds.

> "Your best by yourself? What about me?" Reisen asks sounding a little upset; the rabbit thinking she was forgotten.

> You don't know any locations other than where you've been. Although; that also means that pretty much any direction *except* Eientei would potentially bring up new leads.

> Sakuya curtsies. "I shall take my leave to investigate the Netherworld next."

> "Netherworld?" Marisa asks.

> "The gardener stole spring before, remember?"

> The maid flies off, heading upwards primarily.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 18, 2022, 07:26:24 PM
>Say to Reisen, "You're helping? I thought with Marisa and Sakuya looking for the books you'd go back."
->Give her a hug
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 18, 2022, 09:13:14 PM
> "I'll gladly have your help if you aren't busy."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 19, 2022, 07:22:07 PM
>Say to Reisen, "You're helping? I thought with Marisa and Sakuya looking for the books you'd go back."
->Give her a hug

> "Master wanted to get something that might help her with the case. I'd wager a magician's Grimoire might help unpick whatever process she used to damage her soul, and we might be able to fix it with that knowledge."

> You're already hugging her shoulder.

> "I'll gladly have your help if you aren't busy."


> "Well; the first thing we should do is tell Reimu what's going on. This is getting a little bigger than just Alice." Reisen says. "Besides; quite a few people tend to gather at the Hakurei Shrine, so it's a good place for rumors. Almost every other incident someone ends up freeloading there."

> Reisen pauses for a few moments. "Also it's probably a good idea to get you introduced to Reimu in general. The Shrine is right on the edge of Gensokyo, so it's a fair bit away."

> Marisa hops onto her broom. "I'm gonna pick up where I left off. See Patchy without getting chased off by the maid. If magicians are getting targeted; it might be time to do that thing~"

> Marisa sounds quite excited as she flies off.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 19, 2022, 09:21:05 PM
> "Alright... It's a step forward in the general direction at least."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 19, 2022, 09:31:18 PM
>"What’s Reimu like?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 21, 2022, 06:48:21 PM
> "Alright... It's a step forward in the general direction at least."

> Reisen nods, and takes off.

>"What’s Reimu like?"

> "Well; I don't interact with her too often. She's generally an alright person, although she can be a bit stubborn and lazy at times, she usually gets the job done. When something is going wrong in Gensokyo; it's usually Reimu who solves the problem."

> Reisen pauses. "Well; unless you're the one causing trouble. Then you should prepare for quite a bit of pain. But Reimu also has a habit of befriending her previous enemies. A lot of the types you'll see at the Hakurei Shrine are past troublemakers."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 21, 2022, 08:27:22 PM
> "She'd better not think I'm a troublemaker."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2022, 08:56:27 PM
>Float up then lay on Reisen's shoulder.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 21, 2022, 09:55:48 PM
>Float up then lay on Reisen's shoulder.

> You're already there, you never left from going there before.

> "She'd better not think I'm a troublemaker."

> "I don't see why Reimu would think that. You've not done anything."

> It is still night-time as you are flying. Reisen seems to be heading over a fielded and hilly area, towards another forested area in the distance.

> You spot something approaching very quickly from behind. You hear a strange sound as it goes past you. Reisen looks surprised for a moment, before looking mildly annoyed.

> The figure comes to a stop in front of Reisen and you. "It's a little bit unusual to see you out at this hour. Not the first unusual movement we've noticed tonight. It seems like something is going on, my reporter sense tells me; and that's rarely wrong."

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3804/sample_323d6636da59aa5e7a36bd5209d83fd4edb417ec.jpg?3974537)

> Aya Shameiaru
> News on the Winds

> A second fast figure goes past and joins the first. "Shameimaru, you're going too fast. Iizunamaru-sama ordered you to help me more about fieldwork, how can you do that if you're leaving me in the dust?"

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3456/sample_40cec5cf8ac18c03bfd9c8fb62c59d8837c322fb.jpg?3600108)
> Hatate Himekaidou
> Modernist Tengu of Traditional Society

> The first stranger pouts. "Rule number one of good journalism, Hatate. You gotta move faster than the news, or you'll never catch the story!"

> "But I could just use my Thoughography and do this from home..." the purple-clothed stranger complained.

> "Then you're only getting pictures. Not the context. How can you do interviews via Thoughtography?"

> Reisen sighs as the two bicker. "What do you want Aya? I'm busy."

> The first stranger, apparently named Aya, responds; "You didn't gather from what I just said to Hatate? I want to ask you a few questions about the goings-on tonight so I can write 'em up for the morning edition of the Bunbunmaru; of course."

> "Kakashi Spirit News." the other stranger says.

> "Eh?"

> "You were ordered to help me. That means the story goes into my publication. Not yours. You're not helping yourself; Shameimaru."

> Aya looks annoyed. "Well; you have got to learn how to actually, interview. So you take the lead. It's your story after all~"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 21, 2022, 10:03:56 PM
>Pretend to be a regular doll
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 21, 2022, 10:06:12 PM
>Phil
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 23, 2022, 02:47:46 PM
>Pretend to be a regular doll

> You remain motionless.

> The purple-skirted one with twintails seems to be a bit lost for words.

> "So... uh... what brings you outside the palace of Eternity on such a night?" she eventually says; clearly not at all confident.

> Aya stifles a chuckle.

> "I'm looking to aid a patient." Reisen responds curtly.

> Patient? I suppose you're not going to tell us who; due to confidentiality?" Hatate says.

> "You're literally giving her a way to dodge your questions; Hatate..." Aya groans.

> "I wouldn't disclose information about a patient either way." Reisen responds.

> "You were coming from the Forest of Magic, and seem to have some sort of doll on your shoulder. What's that about?"

> This time, Reisen doesn't immediately reply.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2022, 03:09:53 PM
>Continue the act
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 23, 2022, 08:44:51 PM
>Continue the act

> You continue to act like a lifeless doll.

> Reisen replies noticing this. "It's just one of Margetroid's dolls. It was set up as a trap in the event someone... probably Marisa... broke in. It didn't explode like it was probably meant to, but has gotten stuck on my shoulder."

> Hatate looks at you with suspicion as she nears.

> She pokes you. You produce a "tink" sound as she does this.

> "Careful; just because it didn't explode dosen't mean it won't!" Reisen remarks. "She fills these things with gunpowder!"

> Hatate backs off hearing this. Aya has a look that suggests she is on the verge of bursting out in laughter when she sees Hatate back off in such a startled fashion.

> "But you're not heading for Eientei." Aya speaks up after Hatate is quiet for a few moments and she collects herself. "Granted, I don't know it's exact location. Never been there myself. But I know it's in the Bamboo Forest; which is that way. You're heading for the Hakurei Shrine. And you'd only be heading there if something was going wrong."

> "Huh; is she?" Hatate asks Aya.

> "This is another reason why you can't just do your job from your hut Hatate. Geographical context. Anyway; there's a scoop here, but I'm not doing your job for you."

> Reisen mutters something about "annoying Tengu" under her breath.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 23, 2022, 09:17:43 PM
> Just one of the dolls... And only for a trap? No way. We're not that plain!
> Stand up on her shoulder.
> "Okay, I've got this, I'll explain myself. Sorry for having you take all the heat." Pat Reisen a bit in emphasis. "Ahem, I'm a very special doll of Alice's. Miss Reisen is supporting my little curiosity. We're headed to the Hakurei Shrine because I'm wondering how one of Alice's friends are and I want to meet Reimu in person."
> Sit back down.
> "I guess she's a really useful person if people only go there for her to solve their problems. But is that really all they see her as? A problem solver? I want to know how it really is."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2022, 09:30:21 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 24, 2022, 10:36:45 PM
> Just one of the dolls... And only for a trap? No way. We're not that plain!
> Stand up on her shoulder.
> "Okay, I've got this, I'll explain myself. Sorry for having you take all the heat." Pat Reisen a bit in emphasis. "Ahem, I'm a very special doll of Alice's. Miss Reisen is supporting my little curiosity. We're headed to the Hakurei Shrine because I'm wondering how one of Alice's friends are and I want to meet Reimu in person."
> Sit back down.
> "I guess she's a really useful person if people only go there for her to solve their problems. But is that really all they see her as? A problem solver? I want to know how it really is."

> Hatate looks surprised when you get up and talk. Aya looks intrigued.

> ""So... that dosen't explain the unlikly pairing of Miss Margetroid doll and you..." Hatate starts.

> "If they're going to see Reimu, we'll find out what's going on anyway." Aya remarks. "Besides, I think we've got enough for you to have a story to publish now."

> Hatate looks confused, with Aya having been quite pushy a moment ago but suddenly relenting.

> "Do you see the puppeteer anywhere, Hatate? Either the Inaba learnt how to use Margetroid's dolls, or the doll can act independantly. Both of those are interesting enough developments to not need to waste any more of their time. Besides, you do need to get back in time to actually write and publish your article... and I still need my own. Leaving it as it is now gives us potential for more stories in the coming days."

> Hatate looks a little unsure, but nods after a few moments.

> The two turn and leave; heading towards the large mountain in the distance.

> Reisen looks a little annoyed. "Tengu are such pains. Prideful Youkai who think they can just do as they please. Worst part is Aya's not even all talk, she's far too fast to get away from. I'm sure one might be able to drive them off in danmaku... but Aya's a pro at danmaku as well. She usually won't even fight back, she'll just take *pictures* as she dodges."

> Reisen continues flying on.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 24, 2022, 10:41:07 PM
> "Alice probably won't like everyone knowing about me like this. But it's worth getting them out of the way..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 24, 2022, 10:42:33 PM
>"That Aya is scary perceptive."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 25, 2022, 07:08:20 PM
> "Alice probably won't like everyone knowing about me like this. But it's worth getting them out of the way..."

> "Perhaps, perhaps not. Depends if Alice is the type who likes to show off her creations. I don't really know her well enough to answer that."

>"That Aya is scary perceptive."

> "Gensokyo is full of a lot of people to be wary around, but Aya... she's dangerous in entirely different ways. She's not the type who's dangerous because crossing them will lead to tremendous pain. She's an entirely different kind of dangerous, and it might be worse than simply getting beaten up." Reisen complains.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 25, 2022, 09:13:45 PM
> "I hope we can deal with my problem before that danger arrives fully."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 25, 2022, 09:18:24 PM
>Nod
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 25, 2022, 10:15:33 PM
> "I hope we can deal with my problem before that danger arrives fully."

> "Oh I don't think we managed to offend Aya. So she shouldn't be an annoyance." Reisen explains.

> Reisen flies on for a bit.

> You start flying over a wooded area, and you can eventually see, on top of a small hill, a clearing with a building. It's not large, but it does still stand out.

> "Well; there it is; the Hakurei Shrine." Reisen says; indicating the building.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 25, 2022, 10:38:35 PM
>"Is a shrine a kinda house?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 25, 2022, 10:43:40 PM
>Observe the area.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 26, 2022, 08:08:41 PM
>"Is a shrine a kinda house?"

> "It's a site of worship for a God or Goddess. I guess in a way it's the God's house." Reisen explains, before she pauses. "Although, it's also Reimu's house."

> The rabbit pauses again. "And no-one's ever seen the Hakurei God. Despite other Gods being around Gensokyo."

>Observe the area.

> As you approach closer, you can see some figures around the shrine.

> The first is on the courtyard, on the stone path leading to the shrine. It's a green-haired girl with a single horn on her head, dressed in a red-and-white shirt and white-and-red shorts.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/2937/sample_a863b14db12feb13091546716481055132205cce.jpg?3058663)

> The second is a short-looking figure drinking from a gourd on the shrine veranda. She has two large horns, strange objects hanging from... chains around her, and is wearing a sleeveless white shirt and a big purple skirt.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3807/sample_50a83135d269811898db98c7135af50970e8fcf5.jpg?3977470)

> The green-haired figure looks up towards you and Reisen as you descend, while the drinking figure dosen't even seem to notice you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 26, 2022, 10:24:44 PM
> "Other people trying to see her?" Question Reisen.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 26, 2022, 10:28:08 PM
>What do we know about Reimu
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 27, 2022, 04:49:02 AM
//This seems interesting. Would've jumped in earlier but there didn't seem to be a good opportunity until now.
//Also, nice to see you back, Rai. Glad you're okay as well.

>"Other gods? How many in Gensokyo are there?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 27, 2022, 09:07:49 PM
> "Other people trying to see her?" Question Reisen.

> "I'm not sure about the green-haired one, but the one with two horns is Suika. She's an Oni who often hangs around the shrine, and has this habit of being in places that Oni really shouldn't be; like shrines and Heaven. Oni are dangerous, but as long as you don't actively offend them they're fine. If you try to trick them or be dishonest around them however... you'll make an enemy of them. And trust me, you do not want to make an Oni mad. Especially since Suika is one of the mightiest Oni."

>What do we know about Reimu

> You associate the name with the red-and-white figure that Marisa was fighting in the bamboo forest.

//This seems interesting. Would've jumped in earlier but there didn't seem to be a good opportunity until now.
//Also, nice to see you back, Rai. Glad you're okay as well.

>"Other gods? How many in Gensokyo are there?"

> Reisen visibly sweats at that question.

> "I... uh... don't know. Most of them are at the Youkai Mountain, and I rarely ever go there. I know there are two at the summit shrine, but I also know there's a lot more. If I remember right from the Bunbunmaru, there was another god involved in the most recent incident."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 27, 2022, 10:38:59 PM
> "Hm... if I was created to have my own will and consciousness, no one telling me what to do, does that make Alice a god?"

> Ponder such along the way...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 28, 2022, 01:52:39 AM
>"Incident?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 28, 2022, 09:25:09 PM
> "Hm... if I was created to have my own will and consciousness, no one telling me what to do, does that make Alice a god?"

> Ponder such along the way...

> "I'm not sure what makes people Gods." Reisen remarks. "I'm pretty sure none of the Gods of Gensokyo create life however."

>"Incident?"

> "Oh; Incidents are when someone causes a lot of trouble which effects many people. Reimu usually sorts those things out. The last one had some sort of scheme by the Tengu and a God where they used gems to mimic the abilities of others and turned them into tradeing cards to make profit. It wasn't harmful; but it was annoying. Especially since they never had permission to use the likeness of other people." Reisen explains.

> Reisen lands near the shrine, and the green-haired stranger quickly comes over, sniffing the air.

> "I've not seen or smelt you two before. You don't smell of faith." she says, sounding a little curious, and not hostile.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 28, 2022, 10:10:15 PM
>"Eh?! Do I stink?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 28, 2022, 10:29:11 PM
> Let's let her sniff around. Maybe she's smelling the rabbit?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 28, 2022, 11:28:22 PM
>"You can smell faith...? What does that even smell like?"
>...Actually do we even have a sense of smell for that matter, being a doll?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 29, 2022, 04:05:50 PM
> Let's let her sniff around. Maybe she's smelling the rabbit?

> It's hard to tell; she is sniffing the air in front of both of you.

>"Eh?! Do I stink?"

> "No." the green-haired girl says cheerily.

>"You can smell faith...? What does that even smell like?"
>...Actually do we even have a sense of smell for that matter, being a doll?

> "It's my ability. I can sense Shintoism and Buddhism." the girl says in a cheerful tone, while taking a slightly odd pose as if they were a dog begging. "My strongest sense is smell, so I prefer to sniff it out~"

> You might smell slightly of whatever paint Alice used.

> "Anyway, I'm Aunn Komano. I'm the shrine's Komainu; and thus, it's my sworn duty to protect it! Since you guys don't smell bad, you can enter. Although don't be too loud. Reimu's asleep."

> "Oh yeah; it is night-time after all and she is human." Reisen remarks. "Except we came to speak to Reimu. There's something going on that probably qualifies as an incident."

> "Eeeeh?!" the drinking figure on the vernada yells. "Did somebody say Incident? That sounds fun~"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2022, 11:13:26 PM
>So wait, does that mean we can't actually smell anything?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on May 29, 2022, 11:25:27 PM
>Shake our head violently
->"No it is aweful, horrible, dreadful, inconvenient, and many other terrible things."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on May 30, 2022, 12:19:13 AM
>Shake our head violently
->"No it is aweful, horrible, dreadful, inconvenient, and many other terrible things."
> Rethink saying this... it does mean we get to meet others... Would Alice or Marisa have known about the rabbits and doctor who are helping us save Alice's life right now if not for incidents?
> Maybe this person stealing books could even have the key to helping Alice recover...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on May 30, 2022, 09:23:48 PM
>So wait, does that mean we can't actually smell anything?

> You do not have a nose.

>Shake our head violently
->"No it is aweful, horrible, dreadful, inconvenient, and many other terrible things."

> Rethink saying this... it does mean we get to meet others... Would Alice or Marisa have known about the rabbits and doctor who are helping us save Alice's life right now if not for incidents?
> Maybe this person stealing books could even have the key to helping Alice recover...

> You consider replying to the Oni. However, you decide against it; given that while your instinct about Incidents is danger, you're yet to actually really experience one to be sure. Given what Reisen said about honesty around Oni before...

> The figure on the veranda gets up; and swaggers over to you, Reisen and Aunn, clearly tipsy. A mixture of drool and whatever she's drinking comes from the corner of her mouth, and she has a slight blush.

> "Raymoo's aslheep." she says. "But anything she can do, surely I can do more fun!" the Oni slurrs. "Isn't that right bunny?"

> You're not even sure if the Oni noticed you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 31, 2022, 09:32:53 PM
> You do not have a nose.

> You consider replying to the Oni. However, you decide against it; given that while your instinct about Incidents is danger, you're yet to actually really experience one to be sure. Given what Reisen said about honesty around Oni before...

> The figure on the veranda gets up; and swaggers over to you, Reisen and Aunn, clearly tipsy. A mixture of drool and whatever she's drinking comes from the corner of her mouth, and she has a slight blush.

> "Raymoo's aslheep." she says. "But anything she can do, surely I can do more fun!" the Oni slurrs. "Isn't that right bunny?"

> You're not even sure if the Oni noticed you.


> Listen to their conversation silently.

> Whenever the conversation goes its details,such as the predicament Alice is in,or we are noticed,make our presence known by greeting Suika, presenting who.we are with also our current involvment in.this..."incident".
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 01, 2022, 02:52:26 AM
> Listen in for now.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 01, 2022, 05:02:11 PM


> Listen to their conversation silently.

> Whenever the conversation goes its details,such as the predicament Alice is in,or we are noticed,make our presence known by greeting Suika, presenting who.we are with also our current involvment in.this..."incident".

> "I... have a name." Reisen says to the Oni.

> "Isn't your name 'Inaba'?" the Oni answers. "Which means rabbit?"

> Reisen sighs.

> "Anyway, what's the incident?" the Oni asks; taking a big swig from the gourd.

> "Someone's stealing the Grimoires of Magicians all over Gensokyo. Alice, Marisa and Patchouli have all been victims."

> The Oni stops drinking for a moment and gives Reisen a look of mild disbelief and amusement. "Wait? Marisa has been stolen from? Oh that's a good one! I wanna find who's behind this just so I can share a drink with them!"

> Aunn looks naively at the Oni.

> "I don't get it."

> "Oh yeah; you've only been 'round a little while. Usually it's Marisa doing the stealin'" Suika explains.

> "OOOOH!" Auun remarks.

> A figure; looking somewhat hunched, comes out of the shrine. One hand is holding a Gohei, while the other is rubbing her eyes. She is wearing a red and white nightgown, and her black hair is a mess.

> "What's all this laughing about?" the figure groans. Suika and Auun turn around, looking slightly scared.

> "Uh oh, we woke her up." Suika gulps.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 01, 2022, 05:09:45 PM
>Whisper quietly, "Is this bad?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 01, 2022, 05:20:00 PM
> "Good Evening."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 01, 2022, 08:57:28 PM
>Whisper quietly, "Is this bad?"

> "Well... we weren't the ones being loud." Reisen replies quietly. "So hopefully we're alright."

> "Good Evening."

> The black-haired woman looks at you, looking puzzled, she then noticed Reisen behind Suika and Auun [from her standpoint.]

> She grumbles, before saying "Wait there a moment."

> She goes back inside the shrine. A couple of minuites later, she comes back out, dressed in a similar fashion to the image you saw before.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3824/sample_ddb5f43e4d86b461bca4b8cef1699389fe6a8e3b.jpg?3995235)
> Reimu Hakurei
> Arbiter of Incidents

> Reimu shows something in one of her hands to Suika, causing the Oni to look worried and back off. "Oh... hey Reimu... no need to use those right? I didn't mean to wake you up..." she says.

> She walks past Suika, looking thoroughly unimpressed.

> "This had better be good Reisen for you to come here at this hour..." Reimu says in a grumpy tone, while keeping her eyes firmly on you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 01, 2022, 10:30:17 PM
> "Two big things. First: Marisa, Alice, and Patchouli have had their grimoires stolen. Second and most importantly: Alice's soul is damaged, and she won't wake up. Marisa is already looking for the grimoires and the thief, and I'm trying to find someone that can restore Alice's soul, while she's kept unconscious in a stable enough state..."
> Don't speak loud enough that Suika and Aunn can hear, hopefully. If we can't keep it down enough, it's okay.

> "My name is Olympia. Alice's Masterwork."
>_
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 02, 2022, 10:14:06 AM
> "Two big things. First: Marisa, Alice, and Patchouli have had their grimoires stolen. Second and most importantly: Alice's soul is damaged, and she won't wake up. Marisa is already looking for the grimoires and the thief, and I'm trying to find someone that can restore Alice's soul, while she's kept unconscious in a stable enough state..."
> Don't speak loud enough that Suika and Aunn can hear, hopefully. If we can't keep it down enough, it's okay.

> "My name is Olympia. Alice's Masterwork."
>_

> Reimu listens without responding.

> You're not sure if Auun heard, but Suika seems to drunk to have understood even if she could [And is keeping her distance from Reimu's closed hand].

> Reimu frowns when you introduce yourself. "I see."

> She thinks for a few moments. "Would you mind if I tested something; Olympia?" Reimu asks after a few moments. "I'm hoping that I'm wrong, or else things are going to become a bit complicated."

> As she says this, she places her gohei into her sleeve, and a sphere forms in her now-free hand. A sphere of equal parts black and white, with a black dot in the white, and a white dot in the black.

> You feel uncomfortable looking at it.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 02, 2022, 12:49:22 PM
> "I don't think things can get more complicated without it starting to be helpful."
> Sigh.
> "Go ahead."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 02, 2022, 09:41:57 PM
> "I don't think things can get more complicated without it starting to be helpful."
> Sigh.
> "Go ahead."

> Reimu dosen't respond to your first statement.

> Reimu moves the sphere closer to you. The discomfort grows, until the orb touches your hand.

> The contact causes a violent wave of pain to shoot through your body... no, not your body. The energies within it.

> "R-Reimu!" Reisen remarks, pulling back herself; and thus you on her shoulder. Moving away from the orb reduces the effects back to a discomfort.

> "As I feared." Reimu remarks. "That blasted promise..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 02, 2022, 09:47:19 PM
> "Ngh... That was seriously uncomfortable... But did it provide any information?"
> Rub ourselves to ease the pain a bit.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 02, 2022, 10:11:44 PM
>"Can we please never do that again?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 11:03:30 PM
>"What was that anyway?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 03, 2022, 05:41:20 PM
> "Ngh... That was seriously uncomfortable... But did it provide any information?"
> Rub ourselves to ease the pain a bit.

> "It made me fairly sure of what type of magic Alice used to create you." Reimu responds. "I... can't get more specific than that. Not without breaking my promise."

> You rub yourself. It dosen't actually make you feel better, but the placebo effect helps.

>"Can we please never do that again?"

> "I can't promise I won't if you cause trouble."

>"What was that anyway?"

> "The Hakurei Ying-Yang Orb. It's a very powerful divine object." Reimu responds.

> "It really hurts if you get hit by it." Reisen remarks. "But I've never seen it hurt someone just by going near them."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 03, 2022, 06:03:05 PM
>"To my creator, mom?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 03, 2022, 06:18:11 PM
> "Well, whatever that promise is, does it at least help us in any way?"
> Do we recall what Alice and Reimu promised?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 03, 2022, 09:50:45 PM
> "It made me fairly sure of what type of magic Alice used to create you." Reimu responds. "I... can't get more specific than that. Not without breaking my promise."

> You rub yourself. It dosen't actually make you feel better, but the placebo effect helps.

> "I can't promise I won't if you cause trouble."

> "The Hakurei Ying-Yang Orb. It's a very powerful divine object." Reimu responds.

> "It really hurts if you get hit by it." Reisen remarks. "But I've never seen it hurt someone just by going near them."

> Also mention and describe that ,since a while ago we were with them and especially Marisa,both Marisa and the Maid Lady,or Sakuya if we did get her name,are already "acting on resolving their Sides of the Incident" to uncover who the Grimorie's Thief is,their M9tives,to retrieve the Stolen Grimories,and so on.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 03, 2022, 09:59:45 PM
>"To my creator, mom?

> "If you mean Alice, yeah. Me and Marisa promised her something a long time ago."

> "Well, whatever that promise is, does it at least help us in any way?"
> Do we recall what Alice and Reimu promised?

> "I doubt it." Reimu remarks.

> You attempt to recall this promise. Doing so dosen't just bring up a blank, but it actively causes you a headache.

> Also mention and describe that ,since a while ago we were with them and especially Marisa,both Marisa and the Maid Lady,or Sakuya if we did get her name,are already "acting on resolving their Sides of the Incident" to uncover who the Grimorie's Thief is,their Plan,to retrieve the Grimories,and so on

> You relay what Marisa and Sakuya are doing.

> Reimu huffs. "I doubt Youmu would do such a thing, but Sakuya's the type to make sure anyway, and I suppose Yuyuko is capricious enough that ruling it out entirely is foolish. As for Marisa, I don't know enough about Magicians to know what she's up to."

> "Do you have any ideas what we should do?" Reisen asks. "You have a habit of finding the right path after all."

> Reimu thinks, before she sighs. "I'd really rather not go and deal with a rival in regards of faith, but Hijiri might be the best person to go and see."

> "The monk?" Reisen asks.

> Reimu gives a wry smile. "She's a lot more than simply a monk. Although I expect a rather frosty reception when we get to those topics... Hijiri likes to portray a squeaky-clean image to the general public, but there's quite a lot of darkness hidden under her pristine impression."

> Reimu starts to float. "Ready when you are."

> Suika also starts to float, and Reimu looks at her. "Suika, we're going to Myouren Temple."

> "So?"

> "They are Buddhist monks. They don't drink. And I doubt you'd even be welcome there, since, you know... you're an Oni."

> "But Reimuuu this sounds fun..." Suika complains.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 03, 2022, 10:22:02 PM
> Well, this memory of ours is all but useless by this point...
> "Hmm... You know Suika, I could... Nah..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 03, 2022, 10:26:21 PM
>Scratch our head
>Say to Reimu, "You are a human, right. Why are you fighting over faith?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 03, 2022, 11:28:56 PM
>Do we know anything of buddhism?
>if not:
>>"...what's a buddhist?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 05, 2022, 11:42:09 AM
>Scratch our head
>Say to Reimu, "You are a human, right. Why are you fighting over faith?"

> "Buddhism is different to Shintoism." Reimu remarks. "It's a fundamental disagreement. We're naturally opposed. And since Faith is literally the fuel that powers gods; well, that's a problem for a Miko."

> Well, this memory of ours is all but useless by this point...
> "Hmm... You know Suika, I could... Nah..."

> The Oni looks at you curiously.

>Do we know anything of buddhism?
>if not:
>>"...what's a buddhist?"

> "They believe in reaching perfection by emulation of a mythical figure." Reimu summizes breifly. "It's a pretty boring way of life at that. Hijiri is the leader of their Temple."

> Reisen shrugs. "I really don't get the fascination with religion and faith you all have down here. It's one thing I never quite understood. I mean, we have Gods on the Moon too; but we're not as... fervent and antagonistic towards each other about faith as down here."

> "That must be lovely." Reimu responds coldly.

> "No; it's fascinating that you have something you belive in so strongly down here!" Reisen adds. "I just can't quite understand it due to culture shock."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 05, 2022, 12:45:57 PM
> "I was just thinking I could show you something that might be interesting instead of you following us. But I don't think it'd be that interesting."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 05, 2022, 03:37:11 PM
>Bob our head
->"Faith is like fire wood."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 05, 2022, 08:40:47 PM
>Do we know from our soul-memories if Alice believed in any gods/religions?
>If not:
>>"...do you know if Alice believes in any gods or religions?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 05, 2022, 09:38:48 PM
> "I was just thinking I could show you something that might be interesting instead of you following us. But I don't think it'd be that interesting."

> "Now you got me curious~" Suika says.

>Bob our head
->"Faith is like fire wood."

> "I guess firewood is a sort of fuel." Reisen agrees. "Although aren't most of the other dolls made of wood?"

>Do we know from our soul-memories if Alice believed in any gods/religions?
>If not:
>>"...do you know if Alice believes in any gods or religions?"

> You feel there is someone that Alice has faith in [besides herself]. However, attempting to delve deeper results in the same headache, almost as if the memories themselves do not want you to know, as if Alice is hiding it from you. You know there is something, but the nature of it refuses to reveal itself.

> But you do get a feeling. Ambition.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 05, 2022, 09:43:49 PM
>"Yep. And gunpowder apparently."
>...We don't have gunpowder in us, do we?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 05, 2022, 09:50:40 PM
> Hm. We know we're ambitious in helping Alice recover, but what will we do after that? She'll expect us to have goals eventually... We should consider finding about that as a goal later on.
> Wonder if that feeling inside of us was Ambition or not.

> "It's nothing. I can lift things much bigger than myself. I thought it'd be interesting, but on second thought, that's probably not much in this world."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 06, 2022, 08:12:55 PM
>"Yep. And gunpowder apparently."
>...We don't have gunpowder in us, do we?

> "... Yes, I guess Gunpowder is a fuel too." Reisen says with a lot less calm.

> You don't know. You... hope not.

> Hm. We know we're ambitious in helping Alice recover, but what will we do after that? She'll expect us to have goals eventually... We should consider finding about that as a goal later on.
> Wonder if that feeling inside of us was Ambition or not.

> "It's nothing. I can lift things much bigger than myself. I thought it'd be interesting, but on second thought, that's probably not much in this world."

> Which feeling?

> "Oh?" Suika asks. "How much bigger?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 06, 2022, 09:13:20 PM
> Pat Reisen('s shoulder if we're still on it.)
>> If she's too far, just gesture towards her.
> "That much bigger, for a bit. I haven't tried larger yet."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 07, 2022, 04:22:23 AM
>"...Maybe it would be a good idea to ask mo-Alice if there's any in me once she's all better..."
>"...Are there any gods related to ambition?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 07, 2022, 09:24:48 PM
> Pat Reisen('s shoulder if we're still on it.)
>> If she's too far, just gesture towards her.
> "That much bigger, for a bit. I haven't tried larger yet."

> You pat the rabbit's shoulder.

> Suika takes another swig. "I guess that ain't bad for ya size. I could give ya a real test if you wanted."

>"...Maybe it would be a good idea to ask mo-Alice if there's any in me once she's all better..."
>"...Are there any gods related to ambition?"

> "Most likly." Reimu responds. "Although I don't know of any who claim such in Gensokyo..."

> She pauses.

> "Although Yasaka could certainly qualify if she wanted to claim she was a God of Ambition..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 07, 2022, 09:47:08 PM
> "Tempting to learn my limits more... but we should probably get going."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 08, 2022, 06:26:37 AM
>Does the name Yasaka seem to unlock any of those memories Re: who Alice has faith in? Or otherwise stir any reaction in our soul-memories?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 08, 2022, 10:00:55 PM
> "Tempting to learn my limits more... but we should probably get going."

> "Come by later then!" Suika says; almost as if she's ordering you.

>Does the name Yasaka seem to unlock any of those memories Re: who Alice has faith in? Or otherwise stir any reaction in our soul-memories?

> You do not recognize the name "Yasaka" at all.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 08, 2022, 10:12:32 PM
> "Maybe. Ideally if things aren't still going badly."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 08, 2022, 11:26:26 PM
>"Who's Yasaka?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 10, 2022, 12:43:00 PM
> "Come by later then!" Suika says; almost as if she's ordering you.

> You do not recognize the name "Yasaka" at all.
>"Who's Yasaka?"
// She is completely unknown/unrecognized for her,though//

> Change it to Noting & Explaining that we Feel Alice to hoodTrue Faith in someone but are at the same time we Feel Oddly Blocked from understanding .

> Further Specific that being.who we are of course we have no.knowledge deity & deity-like entities in.Gensokyo or Its Sorroundings..."

> "If you mean Alice, yeah. Me and Marisa promised her something a long time ago."

> "I doubt it." Reimu remarks.

> You attempt to recall this promise. Doing so dosen't just bring up a blank, but it actively causes you a headache.

> You relay what Marisa and Sakuya are doing.

> Reimu huffs. "I doubt Youmu would do such a thing, but Sakuya's the type to make sure anyway, and I suppose Yuyuko is capricious enough that ruling it out entirely is foolish. As for Marisa, I don't know enough about Magicians to know what she's up to."

> "Do you have any ideas what we should do?" Reisen asks. "You have a habit of finding the right path after all."

> Reimu thinks, before she sighs. "I'd really rather not go and deal with a rival in regards of faith, but Hijiri might be the best person to go and see."

> "The monk?" Reisen asks.

> Reimu gives a wry smile. "She's a lot more than simply a monk. Although I expect a rather frosty reception when we get to those topics... Hijiri likes to portray a squeaky-clean image to the general public, but there's quite a lot of darkness hidden under her pristine impression."

> Reimu starts to float. "Ready when you are."

> Suika also starts to float, and Reimu looks at her. "Suika, we're going to Myouren Temple."

> "So?"

> "They are Buddhist monks. They don't drink. And I doubt you'd even be welcome there, since, you know... you're an Oni."

> "But Reimuuu this sounds fun..." Suika complains.

> To Reisen : "Shall we go,then,with Reimu to this Myouren Temple and to this Hijiri, after this shared initial breakthrough here at The Shrine ?".

> Unless Reisen or The others around the Shrine do Delay or Propose Otherwise, Go then.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 10, 2022, 08:14:30 PM
> "Maybe. Ideally if things aren't still going badly."

> Suika nods, seemingly content at this. Before she takes another swig from her gourd. [You wonder if that thing ever empties]

>"Who's Yasaka?"

// She is completely unknown/unrecognized for her,though//

> Change it to Noting & Explaining that we Feel Alice to hoodTrue Faith in someone but are at the same time we Feel Oddly Blocked from understanding .

> Further Specific that being.who we are of course we have no.knowledge deity & deity-like entities in.Gensokyo or Its Sorroundings..."

> Reimu sighs. "One of the gods of the Moyria Shrine on Youkai Mountain."

> To Reisen : "Shall we go,then,with Reimu to this Myouren Temple and to this Hijiri, after this shared initial breakthrough here at The Shrine ?".

> Unless Reisen or The others around the Shrine do Delay or Propose Otherwise, Go then.

> No-one objects, so Reimu takes off to lead the way to the Myouren Temple. Suika and Aunn stay behind.

> Nothing of particular note happens during the realtively short flight, until a pathway and a rather fancy-looking and larger-than-Reimu's shrine come into veiw.

> Something comes before you. You're really not sure what it is. It's like a cloud of red mist, but also has blue lights coming from it; twinkleing in the mist.

> "The Temple is closed at this hour." a voice says from the strange mist. The voice sounds intimidateing and forceful.

> "W-what is that?" Reisen says.

> Reimu frowns, seeming quite calm. "You know you can't stop me, you've lost to me twice before."

> "I mean, if the Temple's closed it's closed. Beating me up wouldn't change that~" the voice says in a slightly more playful tone, that still holds the force behind it.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 10, 2022, 09:58:08 PM
> "It's of a matter of life and death regarding someone close to me. It would be nice if sticking to "business hours" didn't take priority over a person's life..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 10, 2022, 10:07:01 PM
"But momma needs the nun's help!"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 11, 2022, 12:22:25 AM
>Can we make out anything else about the mist?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 11, 2022, 09:56:05 PM
> "It's of a matter of life and death regarding someone close to me. It would be nice if sticking to "business hours" didn't take priority over a person's life..."

> "Oh? The doll speaks? I wonder what such a thing sees me as..." the mist-thing says, clearly curious.

"But momma needs the nun's help!"

> "You're... going to have to be a bit more specific than "the Nun.""

>Can we make out anything else about the mist?

> No.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 11, 2022, 11:43:59 PM
> "Reimu can tell you."
> Think.
> "And you seem like talking mist. Hm... A talking star within mist? There's that twinkling..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 12, 2022, 02:09:47 AM
>"Or a cloud. Do you rain blood instead of water?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 12, 2022, 04:56:14 PM
> "Reimu can tell you."
> Think.
> "And you seem like talking mist. Hm... A talking star within mist? There's that twinkling..."

>"Or a cloud. Do you rain blood instead of water?"

> "A night sky visage? How interesting. Magical beings have a habit of seeing me as some sort of astral form, I suppose you have a strong connection to magic."

> "She's a construct made by a Magician." Reimu says.

> "I... I see a Black Hole..." Reisen says.

> "So that's what Lunarians see when they see the unknown." the cloud remarks with a chuckle, before it starts to twist and reshape.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3338/sample_02efb154cd5cd0953f415dc9343c2d712544297d.jpg?3471337)
> Nue Houjuu
> Undefined Being

> "Well; I had my little bit of fun. Hijiri's been quite busy recently, but if it's me sayin' you need to see her, I'm sure she'll put her business on hold for the great Hakurei Maiden~" the figure in a black dress says, before she looks to you and Reisen. "Nue's the name. I ain't no Buddhist monk but I owe Hijiri a lot so I give 'em a hand."

> She then smirks at you. "And yes; I'd rain blood. As for who's, well, let's leave that one a mystery."

> Nue starts descending towards the temple.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 12, 2022, 07:18:29 PM
> "My name-... oh."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 12, 2022, 07:28:55 PM
> "My name-... oh."

You're still in earshot of Nue if you wish to speak. She only started descending [And Reimu/Reisen are following her; I should have specified that]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 13, 2022, 10:46:48 PM
> "A night sky visage? How interesting. Magical beings have a habit of seeing me as some sort of astral form, I suppose you have a strong connection to magic."

> "She's a construct made by a Magician." Reimu says.

> "I... I see a Black Hole..." Reisen says.

> "So that's what Lunarians see when they see the unknown." the cloud remarks with a chuckle, before it starts to twist and reshape.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3338/sample_02efb154cd5cd0953f415dc9343c2d712544297d.jpg?3471337)
> Nue Houjuu
> Undefined Being

> "Well; I had my little bit of fun. Hijiri's been quite busy recently, but if it's me sayin' you need to see her, I'm sure she'll put her business on hold for the great Hakurei Maiden~" the figure in a black dress says, before she looks to you and Reisen. "Nue's the name. I ain't no Buddhist monk but I owe Hijiri a lot so I give 'em a hand."

> She then smirks at you. "And yes; I'd rain blood. As for who's, well, let's leave that one a mystery."

> Nue starts descending towards the temple.

> Focus on regaining and keeping our calm ,also being helped by " this being a surprise experience with this 'Nue ' "  and by " Nue's now Girl Form ".

> Say to Reisen and Reimu : " This Nue certainly is a Youkai strongly founded on the Unknown , Its Fear and Other Emotions or Links with it , am I right ? "

> Naturally, proceed with them while looking around for " Point of Interests" and ,Especially, Do Recount the Important Facts about " Alice's Damaged Soul Condition and the Possible Link with her Stolen Grimoire " .
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 14, 2022, 12:01:44 AM
> Follow along.
> "What does a black hole even look like?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 14, 2022, 09:19:56 PM
> Focus on regaining and keeping our calm ,also being helped by " this being a surprise experience with this 'Nue ' "  and by " Nue's now Girl Form ".

> Say to Reisen and Reimu : " This Nue certainly is a Youkai strongly founded on the Unknown , Its Fear and Other Emotions or Links with it , am I right ? "

> Naturally, proceed with them while looking around for " Point of Interests" and ,Especially, Do Recount the Important Facts about " Alice's Damaged Soul Condition and the Possible Link with her Stolen Grimoire " .

> "Well; her ability is to make things Undefined." Reimu remarks. "Really; she was the main cause of the UFO incident a few years ago. Although we're going to meet the reason."

> You recall that Patchouli; Alice and Marisa's Grimoires have been stolen, and whatever Alice did to create you; using a fragment of her soul; inadvertedly damaged her own more than it probably should have. You also recall Reimu wants to see this monk as a result of what you told her, and seemed reluctant to do so, only doing so since she was the best option.

> Follow along.
> "What does a black hole even look like?"

> "That's the thing. You can't really see one. Light can't escape it, so there's nothing to see. It's just... pure darkness that consumes everything." Reisen explains. "It's a terrifying thing in deep space."

> Nue, Reimu and Reisen land outside the Temple, you still on the rabbit' shoulder.

> Nue taps on the doors.

> "Lady Hijiri, Reimu is here to see you. Says it's important."

> There is quiet for a few moments.

> The temple doors open. The interior is quite sparcely decorated, mostly with scrolls bearing sutras on the walls, although there is a statue of a tiger-like humanoid bearing a spear, with a donation urn beside it.

> At the back of the temple's main room, upon a small red rug, between the two largest sutras hanging on the walls, is a person meditating.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3739/sample_2f4bae0bf6c778d467210daad33dfee0630bcf25.jpg?3905378)
> Byakuren Hijiri
> Impure Monk seeking Purity

> She looks up at your group. At that exact moment however, she suddenly tenses up, and you feel a strange sensation.

> A word pulses through your very being.

> Reverie

> It almost feels like something is summoning you, a massive compulsion to head to somewhere. You don't know where. You can resist the urge however.

> The monk looks at you.

> "How bizarre. You tensed up in the same manner that I did." she says softly. "I have my suspicions why... although I would rather be incorrect. I prefer to be seen first and foremost as a monk; after all."

> Nue, Reimu and Reisen look confused.

> "That sort of topic is exactly what I need to talk to you about; Hijiri." Reimu says.

> The monk's peaceful and cheerful face turns into a slight frown.

> "I see. If that is the case, I would rather we talk in private."

> Reimu shakes her head. "The doll there's vital. She'll need to be here too."

> The monk sighs. "Is the rabbit necessary?"

> "I suppose not." Reimu answers. Reisen takes the hint, and goes outside, with Nue following. Nue closes the temple doors behind her.

> "I get the feeling my avaliability is rather short right now; Reimu. So; what is so urgent and specific that you wake up in the middle of your slumber to come to my temple while it is closed to speak of topics you know I would rather not? I suppose it must be no trifling matter."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 14, 2022, 09:42:27 PM
> "My name is Olympia. I guess that doesn't matter much right now, but what does is that I'm one of Alice's dolls. A special one, with free will. The problem is, from what I gathered in my short time alive, the process of creating me didn't go perfectly, and Alice's soul became damaged as a result. I'm searching for someone that can help."
> "My first impressions of you are a monk still. If you want to be known as such, I see no reason to refer to you as something else. Erm... Where is... there, if I might ask?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 14, 2022, 09:58:59 PM
> "My name is Olympia. I guess that doesn't matter much right now, but what does is that I'm one of Alice's dolls. A special one, with free will. The problem is, from what I gathered in my short time alive, the process of creating me didn't go perfectly, and Alice's soul became damaged as a result. I'm searching for someone that can help."
> "My first impressions of you are a monk still. If you want to be known as such, I see no reason to refer to you as something else. Erm... Where is... there, if I might ask?"

> The monk listens.

> "I see, Olympia." she answers, before looking at Reimu.

> "I have not met this Alice."

> Reimu nods. "I have a promise to keep to her, so I need to be careful in what I say. But I think it might help you to know the doll dosen't react well around the Ying-Yang Orbs."

> Byakuren is quiet for a few moments, thinking.

> "I spent a long time in Hokkai. I know that you recognized that spellcard when we first fought. There is only one way you would. So you should know I know her well. A magic that can shed a shard off a soul to create new life. It is a magic that is simultaneously divine yet the ultimate sin. The blackest of magic, and the brightest of magic. Anyone but that being attempting such magic is a fool."

> "So she did resort to those forbidden magics..." Reimu says. "Is there anything you can do?"

> "I can have a look and see. I cannot guarantee anything." Byakuren responds. "I learnt but a glimpse of the infinite magic of that being, even across a thousand years."

> "Oh, and there's someone out there stealing Grimoires." Reimu adds. "You might want to be careful."

> "... I see. I keep the Sutra Scroll on me at all times anyway. It is far too dangerous for anyone else to have."

> Byakuren looks to you.

> "I suppose this Alice is a magician, and based on what you told me, she is incapacitated. That; I suppose, means the call to Reverie was delegated to you. I believe the source is the Scarlet Devil Mansion, although I must admit the geography of that area is not my expertise. Monks do not usually wish to be seen in the company of devils and witches."

> Byakuren sighs. "But alas; the call to Reverie is something that a Magician cannot deny, as much as they may wish to. Magic itself calls me."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 14, 2022, 10:02:38 PM
> "Reverie... Does that mean you'll be heading with us? Though, I guess Reimu's part is done, and she can get back to rest. Unless?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Philosopher on June 14, 2022, 10:05:50 PM
>"I'm confused, what is Reverie? Did Patchouli summon us?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 15, 2022, 01:52:26 PM
> "Reverie... Does that mean you'll be heading with us? Though, I guess Reimu's part is done, and she can get back to rest. Unless?"

> Reimu huffs. "My part isn't done until the incident is resolved."

>"I'm confused, what is Reverie? Did Patchouli summon us?"

> [You've hardly heard of Patchouli, so you'd have no way to know it was her. Omitting that part]

> "I'd quite like to know that as well." Reimu adds.

> "A Reverie is a meeting of Magicians. It can only be called with a powerful ritual by at least two Magicians who study different schools of magic. When the ritual is invoked, all Magicians in the area, depending on the strength of the casters, are compelled to attend a chosen location for a meeting. It is usually only called in times of crisis, since getting two Magicians who study different forms of magic to agree on anything, let alone cast a complex ritualistic spell together, is difficult." Byakuren explains. "Judgeing by the fact the call reached this temple; I would be inclined to believe that every Magician in Gensokyo will be attending, unless there are perhaps some hiding in some remote corner, or perhaps those Underground."

> "So; Patchouli and Marisa; if the call is coming from the direction of the Scarlet Mansion?" Reimu asks.

> "No. Marisa is a Human who uses magic. Only a Magician can invoke this ritual. It requires some amount of bloodletting you see, since the ritual calls to all of those who's blood is magic."

> "Then who's the other Magician? It can't be Alice." Reimu remarks. "They must have found someone else to help them."

> "Oh; I must add, a Reverie is sacred to Magicians. Only those called or directly invited by the summoners may attend." Byakuren adds.

> Reimu pouts, before grumbleing "I suppose Marisa will be there is Patchouli is involved in the invocation; so I guess it's alright."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 15, 2022, 08:43:13 PM
> "So I'm enough to be considered a magician, more so than Marisa. That's... interesting to know."
> Latch onto Reimu's shoulder.
> "I have reason to believe Alice's grimoire is also important to helping her recovery, so solving anything related to getting it back in proper condition also aligns with my goals."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 17, 2022, 06:52:32 AM
>"Also, who is the being you were referring to earlier? If anybody attempting the kind of magic mom--er, Alice-- did to make me but this being is a 'fool' like you say, then could they potentially help with her condition if we need it?"
>"Also even if it was risky and probably reckless I don't think calling her a fool for doing so is very nice..."

>"Also, if i apparently count as a magician does that mean i could learn to do magician things?"
>Make a mental note to ask Alice Margamom to teach us magician stuffs and thingies when she's sufficiently recovered. She'd probably  would want to be the one to do that anyway.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 17, 2022, 10:17:37 PM
> Reimu huffs. "My part isn't done until the incident is resolved."

> [You've hardly heard of Patchouli, so you'd have no way to know it was her. Omitting that part]

> "I'd quite like to know that as well." Reimu adds.

> "A Reverie is a meeting of Magicians. It can only be called with a powerful ritual by at least two Magicians who study different schools of magic. When the ritual is invoked, all Magicians in the area, depending on the strength of the casters, are compelled to attend a chosen location for a meeting. It is usually only called in times of crisis, since getting two Magicians who study different forms of magic to agree on anything, let alone cast a complex ritualistic spell together, is difficult." Byakuren explains. "Judgeing by the fact the call reached this temple; I would be inclined to believe that every Magician in Gensokyo will be attending, unless there are perhaps some hiding in some remote corner, or perhaps those Underground."

> "So; Patchouli and Marisa; if the call is coming from the direction of the Scarlet Mansion?" Reimu asks.

> "No. Marisa is a Human who uses magic. Only a Magician can invoke this ritual. It requires some amount of bloodletting you see, since the ritual calls to all of those who's blood is magic."

> "Then who's the other Magician? It can't be Alice." Reimu remarks. "They must have found someone else to help them."

> "Oh; I must add, a Reverie is sacred to Magicians. Only those called or directly invited by the summoners may attend." Byakuren adds.

> Reimu pouts, before grumbleing "I suppose Marisa will be there is Patchouli is involved in the invocation; so I guess it's alright."
// If it is not an anonymous one,  the " Other Magician",on somehow friendly terms with Marisa and she is going to be There regardless,  has a good chance of being
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Narumi_Yatadera //

> Have we ever heard or feel like we have about a " Scarlet Mansion"?

> A difference to confirm: while Byakuren admits "... something a magician cannot deny... magic itself calls me... ", we feel"... something like a strong compusion but able to resist it... ", is it so?

> This could mean we,ikely and mostly due to the Soul Shard of a Complete Youkai Magician such as the 1 Alice "gave up for us", are" magically denoted" as magician but also a sort of a dual  nature"...

Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 18, 2022, 09:06:09 PM
> "So I'm enough to be considered a magician, more so than Marisa. That's... interesting to know."
> Latch onto Reimu's shoulder.
> "I have reason to believe Alice's grimoire is also important to helping her recovery, so solving anything related to getting it back in proper condition also aligns with my goals."

> "It's more that you're the closest thing to Alice, since Alice is incapacitated." Reimu explains. "So you're essentially invited in her place."

> "She does have magic flowing through her like blood." Byakuren adds. "In a way, she is a magician, or at least similar enough."

> Reimu pushes you off her shoulder.

> "Yes, with the Grimoire we may be able to reverse-engineer the spell and discover where she made the error." Byakuren remarks.

>"Also, who is the being you were referring to earlier? If anybody attempting the kind of magic mom--er, Alice-- did to make me but this being is a 'fool' like you say, then could they potentially help with her condition if we need it?"
>"Also even if it was risky and probably reckless I don't think calling her a fool for doing so is very nice..."

>"Also, if i apparently count as a magician does that mean i could learn to do magician things?"
>Make a mental note to ask Alice Margamom to teach us magician stuffs and thingies when she's sufficiently recovered. She'd probably  would want to be the one to do that anyway.

> "I prefer not to talk about her." Byakuren responds. "Besides; she goes by many, many names."

> "Anyone can learn magic, the question is how much aptitude you have for it." Byakuren explains. "If you are indeed powered by a figment of a magician's soul; then I would assume you would have similar potential."

// If it is not an anonymous one,  the " Other Magician",on somehow friendly terms with Marisa and she is going to be There regardless,  has a good chance of being
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Narumi_Yatadera //

> Have we ever heard or feel like we have about a " Scarlet Mansion"?

> A difference to confirm: while Byakuren admits "... something a magician cannot deny... magic itself calls me... ", we feel"... something like a strong compusion but able to resist it... ", is it so?

> This could mean we,ikely and mostly due to the Soul Shard of a Complete Youkai Magician such as the 1 Alice "gave up for us", are" magically denoted" as magician but also a sort of a dual  nature"...


> You think someone might have briefly mentioned a Scarlet Mansion when Sakuya was around. Marisa mentioned something about being chased from there.

> You feel a strong desire to go where this feeling is pulling you. You can resist it, but the urge is slowly growing. You don't think you could resist it indefinitely.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 19, 2022, 07:40:56 AM
> "Well, should we get going, then?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 21, 2022, 08:42:27 PM
> "Well, should we get going, then?"

> Byakuren leads the way out of the Temple.

> Reisen and Nue are still outside.

> "Me and the doll need to go somewhere, Nue." Byakuren says. "We will be back soon."

> Reisen gets ready to go along, but Reimu stops her. "We're not invited."

> Reisen looks a little surprised, before saying "Well; I suppose Hijiri said she'll be back."

> Byakuren grabs you lightly, and you hear her chant something faintly; before she takes off at a speed significantly higher than what Reisen was flying at before.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 21, 2022, 09:44:06 PM
> Can we make sense of the chant? Or is it too complex for us to get a grasp on from just overhearing like this?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 25, 2022, 09:07:15 PM
> Can we make sense of the chant? Or is it too complex for us to get a grasp on from just overhearing like this?

> It is in a language you do not understand
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 25, 2022, 10:58:01 PM
> Try to recall the path we're taking and locations along the way. Best to know more about places.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 26, 2022, 10:12:09 PM
> Try to recall the path we're taking and locations along the way. Best to know more about places.

> Initially; you're mostly flying over a wooded area. After a short while, a lake with a large building near it comes into veiw. The lake is covered with a mist, and the building is large, with a clock tower.

> Byakuren flies to the gate of the mansion. In front of it is a rather tall, redhead woman. There also seem to be a few small creatures with her, with small horns, pointed ears and red skin.

(https://safebooru.org//images/3781/3724d5a684fb6a7db81553ee4f8b7ea05fff6f2c.png?3949998)
> Hong Meiling
> Guardian keeping people safe from their curiosity

> "Oh? Aren't you that monk?" the guard asks. "What brings you here? With such a strange looking doll? Is that made of Porcelain?"

> The girl seems particularly interested in the material which makes you. Her eyes practically lit up as she asked about the material.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 26, 2022, 10:16:57 PM
>Let Byakuren answer since she was asked first.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 26, 2022, 10:29:07 PM
> Initially; you're mostly flying over a wooded area. After a short while, a lake with a large building near it comes into veiw. The lake is covered with a mist, and the building is large, with a clock tower.

> Byakuren flies to the gate of the mansion. In front of it is a rather tall, redhead woman. There also seem to be a few small creatures with her, with small horns, pointed ears and red skin.

(https://safebooru.org//images/3781/3724d5a684fb6a7db81553ee4f8b7ea05fff6f2c.png?3949998)
> Hong Meiling
> Guardian keeping people safe from their curiosity

> "Oh? Aren't you that monk?" the guard asks. "What brings you here? With such a strange looking doll? Is that made of Porcelain?"

> The girl seems particularly interested in the material which makes you. Her eyes practically lit up as she asked about the material.

>Let Byakuren answer since she was asked first.

> Yes,wait patiently for Byakuren's and "The Tall Red-Headed  Woman at the Gate"'s replies ,then...

>...answer the latter one's question in a Good and Private Manner,meaning Sincerely Thruthful but leaving out Alice's Private  Specifics,then Politely Present ourselves and on Whose Stead we are being sent ,Specify we too together with Byakuren are here a as a Directly Summoned Guest ,for the 1st time ever, sought out by a certain"Patchouli".
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on June 29, 2022, 07:58:53 PM
>Let Byakuren answer since she was asked first.

> Yes,wait patiently for Byakuren's and "The Tall Red-Headed  Woman at the Gate"'s replies ,then...

>...answer the latter one's question in a Good and Private Manner,meaning Sincerely Thruthful but leaving out Alice's Private  Specifics,then Politely Present ourselves and on Whose Stead we are being sent ,Specify we too together with Byakuren are here a as a Directly Summoned Guest ,for the 1st time ever, sought out by a certain"Patchouli".

> Byakuren looks at the gatekeeper for a few moments; considering her reply.

> "I was invited here." she replies.

> The gatekeeper nods. "OK; but what about her?"

> At this point, you explain your connections to an 'incapaciated witch."

> The gatekeeper looks a little confused, and mutters. "Is that even a thing?"

> "I can go and check with Lady Knowledge; Miss Hong." one of the small red creatures says.

> "Yeah, you go clear that with Patchy."

> The creature waddles off, leaving only one of the red creatures and the guard.

> "I'm sure you don't mind waiting while I verify your plus-one." the gatekeeper says to Byakuren. "The hobgoblin won't be long. They're surprisingly competent. Far better than fairies."

> While you are waiting, another figure arrives. They seem to be keeping a prayer pose while floating just above the ground, their body almost unmoving. You feel some sort of... kinship with this being from looking at it.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3829/sample_a7b4e88d70ad9494c0dd29e17d21d814a4572309.jpg?4000650)
> Narumi Yatadera
> Body of Stone, Soul of Magic

> "This appears to be where the feeling is bringing me..." the stranger says in a rather quiet voice.

> Byakuren looks a little surprised.

> "I've never seen you at the Temple before; but you're dressed like a monk."

> "I do not leave the Forest of Magic often." the stranger replies. "Altough, to be honest, I don't move around too much if I can avoid it. Being a statue leads to that being a habit."

> "Statue..." Byakuren muses.

> "I'm a Jizo statue brought to life."

> "Byakuren Hijiri." Byakuren says, extending a hand. The "statue" slowly and stiffly breaks apart her preying pose and returns the gesture. "Narumi Yatadera."

> "Perhaps this meeting won't be quite as tedious as I feared." Byakuren remarked.

> "I'm looking forward to it!" the statue says happily.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on June 29, 2022, 09:05:47 PM
> "You get to just say you were invited without explanation or who invited you and it's better than me explaining how I was? If that isn't insulting and rude... And calling me a plus one? If it wasn't for Alice's sake, I'd let you go through this yourself since they're so rude and cautious of me. Why call me here if I'm just going to be treated like this before I even get in?"
> Cross our arms.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 02, 2022, 09:20:59 PM
> "You get to just say you were invited without explanation or who invited you and it's better than me explaining how I was? If that isn't insulting and rude... And calling me a plus one? If it wasn't for Alice's sake, I'd let you go through this yourself since they're so rude and cautious of me. Why call me here if I'm just going to be treated like this before I even get in?"
> Cross our arms.

> The gatekeeper looks at you.

> "I'm just doing my job. I've not seen you before. Or heard of any doll-magicians."

> "Yes, but there is also a Jizo statue in front of you." Narumi remarks.

> "I haven't let any of you in yet..." the gatekeeper sulks.

> At this point, the red skinned being that waddled off returns.

> "The witch says that she was expecting a doll in place of the puppeteer." the small creature remarks.

> The gatekeeper nods. "Well; if that's the case who am I to argue?"

> The other short creature and the gatekeeper move aside, with the gatekeeper opening the gate.

> "Route to the library is marked with magelight spheres. I advise to not go off-route, lest you get lose." the gatekeeper explains.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 02, 2022, 09:41:35 PM
> Nod nod.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 04, 2022, 08:23:12 PM
> The gatekeeper looks at you.

> "I'm just doing my job. I've not seen you before. Or heard of any doll-magicians."

> "Yes, but there is also a Jizo statue in front of you." Narumi remarks.

> "I haven't let any of you in yet..." the gatekeeper sulks.

> At this point, the red skinned being that waddled off returns.

> "The witch says that she was expecting a doll in place of the puppeteer." the small creature remarks.

> The gatekeeper nods. "Well; if that's the case who am I to argue?"

> The other short creature and the gatekeeper move aside, with the gatekeeper opening the gate.

> "Route to the library is marked with magelight spheres. I advise to not go off-route, lest you get lose." the gatekeeper explains.

>  Give thanks for her instructions,and...

> ...remark we are sorry for being ...somehow crabby... since,in addition for all this being a new+st experience, Alice's situation 1st and the Grimories 2nd have left us...somehow on edge,while also.

> ... asking for her name and,if we have not yet given ours,do the same before saluting her.

> Lastly ,go in ogether as instructed AND observe the what & who is on the way.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 04, 2022, 09:04:24 PM
> ...remark we are sorry for being ...somehow crabby... since,in addition for all this being a new+st experience, Alice's situation 1st and the Grimories 2nd have left us...somehow on edge,while also.
> Don't apologize. She's hasn't apologized herself.
> "Thanks for the advice. I sure wouldn't want others also harassing me to leave when I'm trying to follow an invitation just because I'm unfamiliar. At least, more than they probably also will."
> Address Byakuren.
> "Maybe it's best if you just put me in a pocket or something until we get there. There'll be no issues if they only see your familiar face at least. I don't think I can afford to waste urgent time on things like this again."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 07, 2022, 08:52:15 PM
> Nod nod.

> You acknowledge the instructions.

>  Give thanks for her instructions,and...

> ...remark we are sorry for being ...somehow crabby... since,in addition for all this being a new+st experience, Alice's situation 1st and the Grimories 2nd have left us...somehow on edge,while also.

> ... asking for her name and,if we have not yet given ours,do the same before saluting her.

> Lastly ,go in ogether as instructed AND observe the what & who is on the way.

> Don't apologize. She's hasn't apologized herself.
> "Thanks for the advice. I sure wouldn't want others also harassing me to leave when I'm trying to follow an invitation just because I'm unfamiliar. At least, more than they probably also will."
> Address Byakuren.
> "Maybe it's best if you just put me in a pocket or something until we get there. There'll be no issues if they only see your familiar face at least. I don't think I can afford to waste urgent time on things like this again."

> You also thank the guard for the advice.

> You introduce yourself, and the guard responds that her name is Hong Meiling.

> Meiling looks a little sheepish. "Well; with what's going on you can't blame me for being careful around someone I've never even heard of before. It's my job to vet people going into the mansion... and the Mistress was very clear that I needed to be careful with anyone unfamiliar or unexpected."

> As you enter into the mansion, you speak to Byakuren. She shakes her head. Meiling also allows Narumi to pass, although she floats at a rather slow speed, so Byakuren leaves her to her own pace.

> "If anything, hiding would arouse more suspicion. Besides, it sounds as if this "Patchouli" is aware of you already. You should not be afraid of others making the wrong first impression. Simply prove them wrong."

> The monk gives a warm smile. "Besides; if anyone would arouse suspicion in the mansion of a Devil; it would be a Buddhist Monk; no?"

> You follow the directions until you reach a large set of purple double-doors.

> Byakuren opens the doors, and before you is a massive library. It looks far, far too large to fit in the mansion based on what you saw outside, and the towering selves are all packed with books.

> Before you; at the entryway to the library, is a cleared area with a table decoared with candles. Marisa is sitting at one of the seats. In an adjacent seat is another blonde girl, looking younger than Marisa; in a red and white outfit. A white cat sits on her shoulder. She immediately looks over to you and Byakuren and has a huge smile.

(https://safebooru.org//images/3783/f87b67de725964cda6c60eba2829b345262e2fbc.jpg?3952213)
> Love's Blank Slate
> Ellen

[Side note: Ellen's title in PoDD is Hardworking Witch who dreams of Love. Marisa is a Hardworking Witch who uses love-colored magic. Both also run a magic shop. Looks like Marisa stole Ellen's lifestyle; as well as Yuki's outfit and Yuuka's Spark?]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2022, 10:13:46 PM
> "I guess I can at least say the gatekeeper is great at her job to be wary of even small dolls with a conscience. And given she was told to be very careful; I'll forgive it this time."
> Look over to Marisa.
> "Any luck on your search before being called here?"
> Counting seats of supposedly Patchouli herself, Byakuren, Marisa, Her sister the cat holder, and the statue girl making her way here, is there an empty seat for us?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 08, 2022, 09:49:07 PM
> "I guess I can at least say the gatekeeper is great at her job to be wary of even small dolls with a conscience. And given she was told to be very careful; I'll forgive it this time."
> Look over to Marisa.
> "Any luck on your search before being called here?"
> Counting seats of supposedly Patchouli herself, Byakuren, Marisa, Her sister the cat holder, and the statue girl making her way here, is there an empty seat for us?

> Byakuren nodded. "You would do well to understand why others may act before you judge them, people often have entirely justifiable reasons for actions you may not immediately agree with."

> Marisa looks at you and responds. "This thing was my idea!" she says. "Patchy said I couldn't call this meeting since I'm not a blood-magician, so I went and found another one. This is Ellen. I ain't seen her in years but she was able to help out."

> "Don't forget Sokrates!" Ellen says, indicateing the cat, who meows.

> There are more than enough seats for you.

> Byakuren lets go of you and heads for the seat notably furthest from Marisa and Ellen. At the same time, Narumi enters the room. Marisa greets her rather loudly, to which the statue does a very, very slight bowing motion; and responds "Hello."

> "Where were ya? I was looking for you." Marisa asks.

> "I was exploreing this realm; there's a lot to see and a lot of people and youkai to meet." Narumi explains. "I happened to be by the lakeside when this meeting was called; I was watching the fairies play."

> "Huh. But you only just got here?"

> "I saw no reason to hurry, and ever since that incident ended and the door in my back closed, I've not been as energetic. I am a statue; after all."

> Ellen pouts a little; and mutters something about Marisa not looking for her first.

> Narumi dosen't take a seat, and instead chooses to float just above the ground in that same stance; near Byakuren.

> "I wonder how many more there are." Ellen wonders.

> "I think that's it; we just need to wait for Patchy to get back from wherever she went off to." Marisa answers.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2022, 11:39:10 PM
> Reply to Byakuren "I'm not excusing her entirely."
> Take the closest seat to where we are now.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 12, 2022, 07:59:39 PM
> Reply to Byakuren "I'm not excusing her entirely."
> Take the closest seat to where we are now.

> Byakuren gives a slow nod.

> The nearest seat is the one roughly in the middle.

> After a few minutes of the other magicians chattering; a purple-haired woman appears, floating just above the ground. She is wearing a rather regal-looking purple and black gown, with a hat not too dissimilar to Marisa's on, except with purple trim and a purple band about halfway up. On various points of the gown are small emblazoned crystals of differing colours, as well as a sun and a cresent moon.

> "Patchy?" Marisa asks, as the witch takes a seat at the head of the table; and promptly starts coughing.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3866/sample_6b7e00110f800edc687fd272d12724a22cd84fbd.jpg?4041105)
> Patchouli Knowledge
> The Unmoving one spurred into Motion

> After she stops; she says "Well; I figured I couldn't host this even in my bedwear. How long has it been since I actually wore my witch's gown..."

> "Wait; you're in your nightwear usually?"

> "... It's not as if I go outside, and changeing is too much effort." Patchouli responds, before she looks away from Marisa and looks at everyone else.

> "I suppose you've already figured out amongst yourselves the reason for me calling this meeting. So; which of you still have your Grimoires?" Patchouli asks.

> "I still have mine." Byakuren responds immediately.

> "I've only just come to life; so I hardly have a Grimoire at all. I more have a few scrawled notes. I still have em." Narumi responds.

> "What's a Grimoire?" Ellen asks; earning herself a dirty look from Patchouli. Marisa quickly pipes up.

> "Ellen has memory issues Patchy. Every day she forgets things. It's a side effect of her magic that keeps her body eternally as it is." Marisa explains.

> You swear you see a slight flicker of... something on Byakuren's face when she hears that.

> "So that is three stolen, two accounted for and one... we cannot determine." Patchouli remarks; sounding a little exasperated. "I should mention, Kirisame is here since despite not being a blood-magician, she has still created a Grimoire, is still a victim, and would be everyone's number one suspect if she wasn't already cleared of the deed."

> "That's rig... HEY!" Marisa shouts.

> "She's right, you would be the prime suspect for theft." Byakuren adds.

> Marisa pouts but dosen't argue.

> "The maid is currently investigateing other known theives. I have given her permission to enter the meeting and report if she finishes her duties while the Reviere is in session, as she may have useful information to our ends. Of course, if there are any objections to that, I am willing to accommodate."

> As Patchouli says this; there is a look of suspicion upon her face, as if her words are almost like a trap for anyone to incriminate themselves by objecting to Sakuya reporting; despite the convention that only Magicians should attend. You get the feeling this Patchouli person is a very shrewd being.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2022, 09:19:21 PM
> "It's the host's own wishes and serves to support a majority of those present here with crucial information."
> "However, I don't trust her completely. What I know of her thus far, her actions, and her capabilities, all paint her in a suspicious light for me. I won't object to it though, as I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'd like for my worries to be eased, if you could. Given you're putting her up to reporting to us, I'm sure you can validate her innocence?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 12, 2022, 09:57:52 PM
> "It's the host's own wishes and serves to support a majority of those present here with crucial information."
> "However, I don't trust her completely. What I know of her thus far, her actions, and her capabilities, all paint her in a suspicious light for me. I won't object to it though, as I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'd like for my worries to be eased, if you could. Given you're putting her up to reporting to us, I'm sure you can validate her innocence?"

> Patchouli looks at you.

> "Oh; you met Sakuya. She is the maid of the mistress of this mansion, and my patron. She is absolutely devoted to the Mistress, and by extension, me. I have my absolute trust in Sakuya; and would not have requested the Mistress give her leave of her regular duties to investigate the matter otherwise."

> "Yeah; she met Sakuya when she was still chasing me..." Marisa complained.

> "I did not see the culprit; and neither did Koakuma. You were nearby at the time I noticed it missing. Given your track record of... outstanding books from my library, you were the natural first suspect." Patchouli explains coldly.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2022, 10:22:40 PM
> "That would lead me to question her mistress in question, for the possibility of her putting Sakuya up to this."
> Sigh. Though pointing fingers is tempting, it won't help get the grimoires back...
> "But I know it's just wishful thinking that the culprit could be found that easily. Back to no clues..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 15, 2022, 03:43:36 PM
> Byakuren gives a slow nod.

> The nearest seat is the one roughly in the middle.

> After a few minutes of the other magicians chattering; a purple-haired woman appears, floating just above the ground. She is wearing a rather regal-looking purple and black gown, with a hat not too dissimilar to Marisa's on, except with purple trim and a purple band about halfway up. On various points of the gown are small emblazoned crystals of differing colours, as well as a sun and a cresent moon.

> "Patchy?" Marisa asks, as the witch takes a seat at the head of the table; and promptly starts coughing.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/3866/sample_6b7e00110f800edc687fd272d12724a22cd84fbd.jpg?4041105)
> Patchouli Knowledge
> The Unmoving one spurred into Motion

> After she stops; she says "Well; I figured I couldn't host this even in my bedwear. How long has it been since I actually wore my witch's gown..."

> "Wait; you're in your nightwear usually?"

> "... It's not as if I go outside, and changeing is too much effort." Patchouli responds, before she looks away from Marisa and looks at everyone else.

> "I suppose you've already figured out amongst yourselves the reason for me calling this meeting. So; which of you still have your Grimoires?" Patchouli asks.

> "I still have mine." Byakuren responds immediately.

> "I've only just come to life; so I hardly have a Grimoire at all. I more have a few scrawled notes. I still have em." Narumi responds.

> "What's a Grimoire?" Ellen asks; earning herself a dirty look from Patchouli. Marisa quickly pipes up.

> "Ellen has memory issues Patchy. Every day she forgets things. It's a side effect of her magic that keeps her body eternally as it is." Marisa explains.

> You swear you see a slight flicker of... something on Byakuren's face when she hears that.

> "So that is three stolen, two accounted for and one... we cannot determine." Patchouli remarks; sounding a little exasperated. "I should mention, Kirisame is here since despite not being a blood-magician, she has still created a Grimoire, is still a victim, and would be everyone's number one suspect if she wasn't already cleared of the deed."

> "That's rig... HEY!" Marisa shouts.

> "She's right, you would be the prime suspect for theft." Byakuren adds.

> Marisa pouts but dosen't argue.

> "The maid is currently investigateing other known theives. I have given her permission to enter the meeting and report if she finishes her duties while the Reviere is in session, as she may have useful information to our ends. Of course, if there are any objections to that, I am willing to accommodate."

> As Patchouli says this; there is a look of suspicion upon her face, as if her words are almost like a trap for anyone to incriminate themselves by objecting to Sakuya reporting; despite the convention that only Magicians should attend. You get the feeling this Patchouli person is a very shrewd being.
> "That would lead me to question her mistress in question, for the possibility of her putting Sakuya up to this."
> Sigh. Though pointing fingers is tempting, it won't help get the grimoires back...
> "But I know it's just wishful thinking that the culprit could be found that easily. Back to no clues..."

// On 1 hand it is a straightforward and to-the-point approach for Truth-Finding , on the hand bigger hand ... it is still premature to (not literally but still with its fair share of concordance unless a a sort-of trial later occurs later on)"cross-examinations and verify depositions" ; not without meeting up more characters and (potential) suspects,trails,clues&evidence, building up experience for Olympia , become privy to " Alice's experimental secrets and  Reimu's Seal of Trust  bestowed by  her " ,etc&etc...//

// ... It would be very likely to brew (1 example without any presumption to )"Untrusting Divisions",which are already creeping in bit by a bit but they are still able to be salvaged the Culprit(s)(and maybe Accomplice(s) could turn as a weapon or a shields for them,even indirectly... //

> Not to misidentify it with Naivety but InnocentCooperativeness is foremost ,so please change it in order not to bring or increase affliction and attrition   : " "That would also lead to ask ,whenever she is willing ,the opinion and insights  by Sakuya's mistress as well "

>  "But I know it's just wishful thinking that a Sure-Fire Path of Truth and Solution could be found that easily. Back to no clues..."

> Expectation: " ... however, for us all to soon find Trustworthy Helping Clues, there was the Much  Welcome Mention about other already known potential thieves,thus which could lead to their leading  motives plus their way of operations,and so on ? "
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 15, 2022, 10:03:56 PM
> "That would lead me to question her mistress in question, for the possibility of her putting Sakuya up to this."
> Sigh. Though pointing fingers is tempting, it won't help get the grimoires back...
> "But I know it's just wishful thinking that the culprit could be found that easily. Back to no clues..."

> Patchouli gives you a curious look. "The Mistress simply told Sakuya to assist me, and I told her to investigate known thieves. It is simply natural that her first suspect was Kirisame. Sakuya can get tunnel vision however. It is perhaps her one flaw, she focuses so intently on a task that anything that gets in her way is nothing more than an obstacle to be removed."

> The witch coughs a little. "I suppose you met Sakuya by getting in her way; even if not intentionally."

> "Not no clues." Marisa remarks. "Unless the thief is dumb enough to be here with the rest of us here, we know it's not one of us. And given I saw Reisen with you earlier, I think it's safe to rule out Eientei's involvement."

> "Miss Hakurei was at the Myouren Temple with the doll as well as the rabbit." Byakuren remarks. "She's started investigating as well, and I think I can vouch for my followers. Indeed, I can perhaps ask Nazrin if she can use her Dowsing to seek the missing Grimoires. Although, I may need to borrow one of this library's tomes so she can use that as a start point."

> "From everything I have seen so far, I think this is beyond the capabilities of Fairies." Narumi adds. "They enjoy pranks, but something like this is beyond their capabilities."

> "And besides, are you not a clue yourself?" Patchouli asks you. "Margetroid's Grimoire was stolen shortly after your creation, if what Kirisame told me is correct. That implies that the culprit must have had some knowledge of what your creator was doing, and that they would be vulnerable. I belive the timing of this incident is not a co-incidence."

> Ellen's cat dismounts her shoulder, and wanders over to you, stopping in front, sniffing, and meowing.

> "That's unusual; Sokrates dosen't like leaving my shoulder normally." Ellen says.

> Expectation: " ... however, for us all to soon find Trustworthy Helping Clues, there was the Much  Welcome Mention about other already known potential thieves,thus which could lead to their leading  motives plus their way of operations,and so on ? "

> "Ah yes." Patchouli says. "I suppose I should inform you who I requested the maid to investigate. I requested she investigate the Half-Phantom who stole Spring, the Taoist who stole presents, and the Amokujaku criminal who stole several relics, as well as Kirisame; of course."

> A slightly smug look crosses Byakuren's face at the mention of a Taoist being a target for investigation.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 16, 2022, 01:11:11 AM
> "Hm... And what was the situation like the last time you saw your grimoires? It may help to know how tight an opening was left for the thief to act in each instance. Alice's grimoire was unguarded for a while. It's possible that someone could've been watching and simply struck while we were gone, but it's also possible that someone could've noticed Alice away from home, then travelled there."

> Examine the cat.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 17, 2022, 05:02:56 PM
> "Hm... And what was the situation like the last time you saw your grimoires? It may help to know how tight an opening was left for the thief to act in each instance. Alice's grimoire was unguarded for a while. It's possible that someone could've been watching and simply struck while we were gone, but it's also possible that someone could've noticed Alice away from home, then travelled there."

> Examine the cat.

> To Ellen,while we let "Sokrates" closer to us if it so wishes  : " Does your cat,Sokrates,particularly like to seek out some smell he has found on me or maybe some particular sort of...magical smell if you know it is capable of that"?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 17, 2022, 05:43:16 PM
> "Hm... And what was the situation like the last time you saw your grimoires? It may help to know how tight an opening was left for the thief to act in each instance. Alice's grimoire was unguarded for a while. It's possible that someone could've been watching and simply struck while we were gone, but it's also possible that someone could've noticed Alice away from home, then travelled there."

> Examine the cat.

> "Mine is hidden in this vast library, I only access it when I need it." Patchouli explains. "Despite that; I have multiple magical safeguards in place so I knew the moment it was moved from it's location. Unfortunetly; I was not fast enough to catch the thief. As the the time, it occurred yesterday afternoon... I believe. Is it past midnight yet? It is difficult to tell from inside here."

> "It is past Midnight." Byakuren confirms.

> "I saw mine before I set out yesterday." Marisa responds. "I was writing notes in there about some new spellcards I'd seen someone use."

> The cat is a pure white cat of average size. Unlike Ellen, it seems to have a slightly sad face as it's default expression. It's actually a little bit bigger than you, and has a fairly long tail. You can feel a sort of magic around it now that it's close to you.

> To Ellen,while we let "Sokrates" closer to us if it so wishes  : " Does your cat,Sokrates,particularly like to seek out some smell he has found on me or maybe some particular sort of...magical smell if you know it is capable of that"?

> "Sokrates usually just stays on my shoulder. I... think? I don't remember him leaving it except to eat." Ellen says. "Although what I remember isn't the best source. My head is fuwa-fuwa~"

> "Fuwa-fuwa?" Narumi asks.

> "Fluffy." Marisa responds. "It's how Ellen describes her memory problems."

> "Fuwafuwaatama is also my surname. My surname is Fluffy-head."

> "Wait; you have a surname?" Marisa exclaims. "You never told me that before when we met."

> "What? I want everyone to be on a first-name basis with me!" Ellen says happily, making two v-shapes with her hands near her cheeks as she breaks out into a grin. "I don't want people calling me Fuwafuwaatama-sama. That's far too much of a tounge-twister."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2022, 09:34:58 PM
> "D-Don't tell me he's interested in people with memory issues. I'm sure I'm only having trouble remembering things because of secrets and memories that aren't mine in the first place."
> Cross our arms.
> "I'm not fluffy-headed."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 18, 2022, 07:14:48 PM
> "D-Don't tell me he's interested in people with memory issues. I'm sure I'm only having trouble remembering things because of secrets and memories that aren't mine in the first place."
> Cross our arms.
> "I'm not fluffy-headed."

> Ellen chuckles. "I'm not really sure what's into Sokartes."

> There is a knock at the large double door.

> "Miss Patchouli; I have arrived to give my report. May I enter?"

> "Yes." Patchouli answers. "You know what to do."

> A piece of paper appears in front of Patchouli. You do not see the door move, or Sakuya at all. Patchouli reads it.

> "I cannot find evidence that the Wicked Hermit, Amanojaku or Half-Phantom are involved in this incident. However, I did notice something interesting while vising the Netherworld. The Spirits appear to be in some kind of uproar, something has them unruly. Furthermore; the timeframe this began suggests there may be some correlation."

> Patchouli looks slightly annoyed. "What would spirits in the Netherworld have to do with this?"

> "The spirits began acting up when Toyosatomimi was revived." Marisa remarks. "It's not completely unusual for them to play up during an incident."

> Byakuren shakes her head. "Although I doubt Toyosatomimi and her followers would be involved. They are strict adherents to Spiritual arts, magic derived from their Taoist faith. While they are Magic-users in a way, a Grimoire would be useless to them. No doubt they'd refuse to use it even if they could out of pride for their Taoist arts."

> "Perhaps we should ask someone who knows a lot about spirits and magic then?" Narumi queries.

> "I imagine if the Netherworld knew more; Sakuya would have reported such."

> "There might be someone." Marisa muses.

> At this point, Sokrates reaches out a paw and touches you.

> You feel a surge of energy through you, and knowledge. Magical knowledge. It lasts but a few moments, before the cat recoils, surprised, before it runs back to Ellen's shoulder.

> "What? Did you not like the way Doll-san felt?" Ellen asks; petting the cat.

> For some reason, you feel like you absorbed some sort of magical knowledge from the cat.

> Your magical potential and reserves have increased
> Danmaku Shotput has powered up to -Stage 2-; and now creates a denser danmaku eruption on impact; as well as having a faster throwing rate [You can still use the -Stage 1- weaker version, but unless you specify such; I'll assume you want the strongest one avaliable]
> You can now perform basic non-elemental magic [EG: A few magical missiles; a shower of pellets; ect]

- As a doll animated by a soul of a Magician, you yourself have magical potential. By coming into contact with powerful magical sources, you may be able to absorb some magical knowledge and increase your magical abilities. Of course, not all sources of magic knowledge will literally come up to you like Sokrates did.

As for why the cat is a source of magical knowledge? That's a mystery you may be able to solve.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 18, 2022, 08:20:10 PM
> "Huh... I didn't know that could happen. Sorry Sokrates."
> "Who do you have in mind, Marisa?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 18, 2022, 08:52:40 PM
> "Huh... I didn't know that could happen. Sorry Sokrates."
> "Who do you have in mind, Marisa?"

> "What happened?" Ellen asks. Sokrates just meows.

> "Yukari Yakumo. She is friends with Yuyuko; and makes use of Shikigami spirits, so is probobly knowledgeable on Spirits, and considering everything Yukari can do; she's sure to know about magic as well." Marisa answers. "Problem is finding Yukari. You don't usually find Yukari, she finds you."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 18, 2022, 09:41:32 PM
> "If she even wants to help. I was warned that there may be people that don't even want to lend their help. I don't have my hopes too high..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2022, 06:18:55 AM
//Sorry I've sorta gone low activity. New job + site notifications not being as reliable as the old site means it's easy to forget to check here. Also everyone's usually said what's needed to be said already anyway

>Entertain the idea of Sokrates actually being Ellen's grimoire in disguise before realizing how silly that sounds.
>>...But then again... ...magic.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2022, 12:48:57 PM
//Sorry I've sorta gone low activity. New job + site notifications not being as reliable as the old site means it's easy to forget to check here. Also everyone's usually said what's needed to be said already anyway

>Entertain the idea of Sokrates actually being Ellen's grimoire in disguise before realizing how silly that sounds.
>>...But then again... ...magic.
//That's actually the same idea I had. And in that case, it's best if we don't bring attention to such by saying what happened with him.
//Half expecting to be able to get a boost from the other grimoires if we find them. But not banking on needing such, hopefully.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 21, 2022, 04:45:13 PM
> "If she even wants to help. I was warned that there may be people that don't even want to lend their help. I don't have my hopes too high..."

> "Yukari isn't normally the most helpful person." Marisa says. "But at the same time; she's also someone who will usually take action when needed. Yukari is... complicated."

>Entertain the idea of Sokrates actually being Ellen's grimoire in disguise before realizing how silly that sounds.
>>...But then again... ...magic.

> If a doll can come to life; surely a magical book could perhaps? Nah. That's silly. Or is it?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2022, 10:39:46 PM
> "Something that only affects a few magicians doesn't seem like it's "needed" enough for non-magicians to tackle... Is it bad to hope this is bigger so that said person does help?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 22, 2022, 01:23:37 AM
>Considering that we technically count as a magician, ponder if we'll have to make our own grimoire someday.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: NucleusWаfflеs on July 23, 2022, 05:34:35 PM
> "Yukari isn't normally the most helpful person." Marisa says. "But at the same time; she's also someone who will usually take action when needed. Yukari is... complicated."

> If a doll can come to life; surely a magical book could perhaps? Nah. That's silly. Or is it?

Olympia
> Throw a gigantic hissy fit about deuxieme and premiership
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 23, 2022, 07:35:02 PM
> "Something that only affects a few magicians doesn't seem like it's "needed" enough for non-magicians to tackle... Is it bad to hope this is bigger so that said person does help?"

> "The scale of the incident entirely depends on what the culprit intends to do with that amount of magical power." Patchouli explains.

>Considering that we technically count as a magician, ponder if we'll have to make our own grimoire someday.

> You consider that you'll probobly need to make a Grimoire, when you start researching or learning magic properly. But there are more pressing matters than that now.

Olympia
> Throw a gigantic hissy fit about deuxieme and premiership

[I'm not actually sure what you mean by deuxieme]
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 24, 2022, 03:03:39 PM
> "Can they really bring out that much power if they aren't a magician themselves?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 25, 2022, 07:32:12 PM
> "Can they really bring out that much power if they aren't a magician themselves?"

> "There are many that can use magic despite not being Magicians." Patchouli explains. "However, they are unlikly to have the finesse that a Magician would."

> "There are some non-Magicians who can wield magic as deftly as Magicians." Byakuren adds. "Magicians and daemons are incredibly close to each other in nature. So a daemon could likely wield magic in a similar fashion to a Magician, and a Magician can use daemonic arts almost as well as daemons can. This is why Witches in the past were persecuted so much and associated with daemons so much. We're almost the same thing."

> "You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the true nature of Magicians." Patchouli remarks. She sounds a little impressed.

> "Byakuren did spend a thousand years sealed in Makai." Marisa chimes in, before Byakuren can say anything. She monk looks mildly annoyed. "But I never knew Magicians and Daemons were so similar."

> "It's not anything I was unaware of, of course. Indeed, it is so easy for me to have and maintain a daemonic familiar due to the similarities between Magicians and Daemons." Patchouli explains. "Perhaps the culprit has some sort of connection to the Daemon Realm in that case."

> "Hold up a moment, I only know of a few people with a connection to that place, and one of them is Byakuren, another's your familiar and the th..."

> Marisa clams up. "Well; it sure ain't that third one!" she said after a few moments.

> Narumi and Ellen look at each other.

> "I haven't known her that long, but it's not like Marisa to suddenly stop talking." Narumi says. "What about you Ellen?"

> "I don't remember too well. I don't meet Marisa often, and last time; she had purple hair I think. No, wait, that was someone else. Marisa was wearing purple."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 26, 2022, 08:54:28 PM
> "Would it be rude to ask this familiar of yours if they know of any others from that realm who have been interested in magic in the past? It's a long shot, but it's not far from the path we're on."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 27, 2022, 07:52:04 PM
> "Would it be rude to ask this familiar of yours if they know of any others from that realm who have been interested in magic in the past? It's a long shot, but it's not far from the path we're on."

> Patchouli looks unimpressed; but Byakuren is the one who speaks.

> "Makai may usually be translated as Daemon World; but it could also be called Magic World; "Ma" can be used for both "Akuma" and "Magic" Byakuren explains. "To say the inhabitants of Makai have no interest in magic is like saying a human has no interest in water or oxygen."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 27, 2022, 08:37:55 PM
> "There are many that can use magic despite not being Magicians." Patchouli explains. "However, they are unlikly to have the finesse that a Magician would."

> "There are some non-Magicians who can wield magic as deftly as Magicians." Byakuren adds. "Magicians and daemons are incredibly close to each other in nature. So a daemon could likely wield magic in a similar fashion to a Magician, and a Magician can use daemonic arts almost as well as daemons can. This is why Witches in the past were persecuted so much and associated with daemons so much. We're almost the same thing."

> "You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the true nature of Magicians." Patchouli remarks. She sounds a little impressed.

> "Byakuren did spend a thousand years sealed in Makai." Marisa chimes in, before Byakuren can say anything. She monk looks mildly annoyed. "But I never knew Magicians and Daemons were so similar."

> "It's not anything I was unaware of, of course. Indeed, it is so easy for me to have and maintain a daemonic familiar due to the similarities between Magicians and Daemons." Patchouli explains. "Perhaps the culprit has some sort of connection to the Daemon Realm in that case."

> "Hold up a moment, I only know of a few people with a connection to that place, and one of them is Byakuren, another's your familiar and the th..."

> Marisa clams up. "Well; it sure ain't that third one!" she said after a few moments.

> Narumi and Ellen look at each other.

> "I haven't known her that long, but it's not like Marisa to suddenly stop talking." Narumi says. "What about you Ellen?"

> "I don't remember too well. I don't meet Marisa often, and last time; she had purple hair I think. No, wait, that was someone else. Marisa was wearing purple."

> To Marisa :" Are you really sure the last person with connections to Makai you were about to mention would be of no help at all ,in any way whatsoever?

> Patchouli looks unimpressed; but Byakuren is the one who speaks.

> "Makai may usually be translated as Daemon World; but it could also be called Magic World; "Ma" can be used for both "Akuma" and "Magic" Byakuren explains. "To say the inhabitants of Makai have no interest in magic is like saying a human has no interest in water or oxygen."

> So,by this experience and knowledge and having ruled out  the...usual troublemakers you are familiar with... is it safe to confirm and work on the lead that the culprit ,or culprits, came from Makai or are at least linked or involved in some way with it?

Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 28, 2022, 12:37:35 PM
> To Marisa :" Are you really sure the last person with connections to Makai you were about to mention would be of no help at all ,in any way whatsoever?
//Pretty sure the last person is Alice herself. And given she's comatose with a soul problem thanks to how she made us...
> "Right... I don't suppose any of you expect this person to make their moves early, do you? As in, would it be worthwhile to look out for any great magic being performed, or do you expect them to wait until they have everything set?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on July 28, 2022, 06:11:41 PM
> To Marisa :" Are you really sure the last person with connections to Makai you were about to mention would be of no help at all ,in any way whatsoever?

> So,by this experience and knowledge and having ruled out  the...usual troublemakers you are familiar with... is it safe to confirm and work on the lead that the culprit ,or culprits, came from Makai or are at least linked or involved in some way with it?

> "I... said more than I should have already..." Marisa replies.

> "It's a possibility; not a certainty." Byakuren responds. "They would have to be someone with some sort of initmate knowledge of magic however, and unless the culprit is one of us, or comatose, it is not a Magician. At least, not one native to Gensokyo."

> "All of this thinking hurts my head." Ellen complains.

> Narumi seems to be deep in thought. "I remember reading something in a newspaper a Tengu gave me while I was wandering around. About a human girl who chonricles things about Gensokyo. Perhaps her knowledge could help us find someone we are overlooking."

> "Akyuu?" Marisa asks.

> "Yes I think that was her name." Narumi answers.

> "I guess if anyone would know if someone is hiding anything, it would be her. Well; without dragging Komejii up from the Underworld at least." Marisa replies. "It's worth a shot. Although she'd be fast asleep at this hour."

> "I shall continue investigations in the library" Patchouli says. "Perhaps I can devise a way to locate the Grimoires."

> "I must return to the Temple. That is the safest place to keep my Grimoire anyway. Plus; I must update Miss Hakurei on these events." Byakuren says.

> "I need to get home to get ready to open my shop!" Ellen shouts happily, jumping up and bounceing.

> "Very well; it appears this meeting has ended then." Patchouli remarks; before she waves her hand and you suddenly feel a burden lifted from you. You didn't even realise it while you were here, but you're not sure if you'd have been able to leave before.

> Byakuren comes over to you, with Marisa and Narumi following.

> "So; shall we return to the Temple?" she asks.

> "We are coming along too!" Narumi says. "I would quite like to see this Temple."

> "And Akyuu won't be awake for a few hours yet anyway; so I might as well say Hi to Reimu." Marisa adds.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on July 28, 2022, 08:39:53 PM
> Nod.
> "Hopefully it goes well. Would it be a faster search with something tied to the grimoires? Like magic used for its spells?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 31, 2022, 12:42:52 AM
> Nod.
> "Hopefully it goes well. Would it be a faster search with something tied to the grimoires? Like magic used for its spells?"

...
> At this point, Sokrates reaches out a paw and touches you.

> You feel a surge of energy through you, and knowledge. Magical knowledge. It lasts but a few moments, before the cat recoils, surprised, before it runs back to Ellen's shoulder.

> "What? Did you not like the way Doll-san felt?" Ellen asks; petting the cat.

> For some reason, you feel like you absorbed some sort of magical knowledge from the cat.

> Your magical potential and reserves have increased
> Danmaku Shotput has powered up to -Stage 2-; and now creates a denser danmaku eruption on impact; as well as having a faster throwing rate [You can still use the -Stage 1- weaker version, but unless you specify such; I'll assume you want the strongest one avaliable]
> You can now perform basic non-elemental magic [EG: A few magical missilesknowledge ; a shower of pellets; ect]

- As a doll animated by a soul of a Magician, you yourself have magical potential. By coming into contact with powerful magical sources, you may be able to absorb some magical knowledge and increase your magical abilities. Of course, not all sources of magic knowledge will literally come up to you like Sokrates did.

As for why the cat is a source of magical knowledge? That's a mystery you may be able to solve.

// Mentioning this one should not be  an imprudence or a nonsense or too early ,since we are among  Gensokyo Magicians,none is untrusty,after the "Main Emergency meeting, but rather a good start about counsels, insights, eventual helpful support in "help Olympia finding & touch-absorbing from other source of magic knowledge "  ...  //


> Think about it and then Mention that...sudden experience...that happened when we were touched by Ellen's cat,Sokrates,about how we " felt like we absorbed some sort of magical knowledge from a source of it,the magic empowerment we gained,the piece of knowledge we learned...
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on August 02, 2022, 09:28:52 AM
> Nod.
> "Hopefully it goes well. Would it be a faster search with something tied to the grimoires? Like magic used for its spells?"

> "That is part of what I will be attempting to figure out. I have never had to track my own Grimoire before. However, if there is a way to use my own magic to do so, I shall find it." Patchouli responds.

> Think about it and then Mention that...sudden experience...that happened when we were touched by Ellen's cat,Sokrates,about how we " felt like we absorbed some sort of magical knowledge from a source of it,the magic empowerment we gained,the piece of knowledge we learned...

> "You absorbed some sort of magic from Sokrates?" Ellen asks; soundng confused.

> "Familiars usually have some sort of magic." Byakuren remarks.

> Patchouli looks more unsure. She then claps her hands, and says "Koa?"

> Nothing happens for a few moments, before a redheaired girl clas in a black dress sheepishly comes around the corner of a bookcase.

> "Is the meeting over Lady Patchouli?" she asks; before she notices the other witches and looks sheepish. Byakuren in particular is giving the stranger a rather uncomfortable look.

(https://safebooru.org//images/3800/fd9c2e182aeb0c1ba25a915a9ed5c7d36356a3ec.jpg?3970239)

> "Ah; Koa. Would you mind letting that one touch you?" Pathcouli asks; not even looking up from a book she has grabbed and is now reading, but she pointed directly at you despite that.

> "Ok... but why?" the redhead asks.

> "I have a theory I would like to test."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2022, 01:10:42 PM
> "If you don't mind a likely uncomfortable feeling. At least to my knowledge, given Sokrates retreated..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on August 02, 2022, 08:06:24 PM
> "If you don't mind a likely uncomfortable feeling. At least to my knowledge, given Sokrates retreated..."

> The familiar looks at Patchouli.

> "Go on." Patchouli says. The familiar does as commanded and moves towards you.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2022, 09:38:28 PM
> Offer our hand...?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on August 05, 2022, 09:09:30 PM
> Offer our hand...?

> You offer your hand, and with another motion from Patchouli; the familiar touches it.

> Nothing happens.

>"Koa?"

> "Nothing's happening Lady Patchouli..."

> Patchouli looks at Ellen and her cat; but says nothing. She just seems to be thinking.
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on August 05, 2022, 11:35:30 PM
> "Maybe Sokrates is her grimoire...?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 06, 2022, 12:29:43 AM
> You offer your hand, and with another motion from Patchouli; the familiar touches it.

> Nothing happens.

>"Koa?"

> "Nothing's happening Lady Patchouli..."

> Patchouli looks at Ellen and her cat; but says nothing. She just seems to be thinking.
> "Maybe Sokrates is her grimoire...?"

// Is,before the"complications,thievery,and eventual grave-side effect to Alice" occurred, Olympia is a " sort-of " experimental somehow,somehow alive ,ALSO BECAUSE of some sort of soul-infusion " Blank/To-Be-Filled-In Back-up Grimorie  '  by Alice/the Rainbow Puppeteer herself  into her greatest masterpiece/Olympia herself"  :excque:  //

> Humbly,since we are the "littlest among peers" here, Add :" Maybe I should try and touch...no given its prior unconfortable reaction... we should try and have Sokrates open to be petted by me ,even if it just once,to determine if these...unexpected transferred augmenting effects... are completely exhausted or if there is some remnant,or even just some indication of its triggering nature ?"
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on August 07, 2022, 08:16:21 PM
// Is,before the"complications,thievery,and eventual grave-side effect to Alice" occurred, Olympia is a " sort-of " experimental somehow,somehow alive ,ALSO BECAUSE of some sort of soul-infusion " Blank/To-Be-Filled-In Back-up Grimorie  '  by Alice/the Rainbow Puppeteer herself  into her greatest masterpiece/Olympia herself"  :excque:  //

> Humbly,since we are the "littlest among peers" here, Add :" Maybe I should try and touch...no given its prior unconfortable reaction... we should try and have Sokrates open to be petted by me ,even if it just once,to determine if these...unexpected transferred augmenting effects... are completely exhausted or if there is some remnant,or even just some indication of its triggering nature ?"

> "You wanna touch Socrates again?" Ellen asks; looking at the cat.

> The cat meows, and Ellen wanders over.

> You pet the cat again. Nothing happens.

> "Maybe Sokrates is her grimoire...?"

> "Considering the goals of the thief, I think it is best that question is left unanswered so that Ellen cannot give such information to be used against her." Patchouli remarks. "Perhaps it is something we can investigate further once this incident is resolved."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Neovereign on August 07, 2022, 09:05:02 PM
> "Yeah. I didn't want to mention that consideration in the first place, but..."
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 11, 2022, 10:45:58 PM
> "Yeah. I didn't want to mention that consideration in the first place, but..."

// Mentioning Akyuu ,who was mentioned before by Marisa as a source of info when morning is going to shine, has reminded me that Kosuzu ,or more likely a specific part of the storage at the Suzunaan's bookstore with a specific " Youma Book",could be targeted since right now is night-time, everyone is asleep at the Human Village,the "Youma Book" could be a good enough Grimorie-like //

> " Unless... If tracking down a Grimoire remotely could become feasible option,maybe  a Set-Up by a Bait&Switch or Bait&Trap or have another way to Surveillance from a good degree of Distance could become a viable option as well since The Culprit's or Culprits's only interactions and evidence lay only with what has been already pilfered or their next objectives ... "

>" ...but... just as  there are  "Non-Magicians Individuals who wield magic as deftly as Magicians" would there be a Magic-like Equivalent for Grimories of Any Kind that could be targeted to such an effect ? "

> An "Akyuu" has been mentioned by Marisa as a source of info,correct?
Title: Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
Post by: raikaria on August 13, 2022, 10:24:10 PM
> "Yeah. I didn't want to mention that consideration in the first place, but..."

> "Me testing the theory is still useful for my purposes. We should just keep the theory away from Ellen. Or Marisa."

// Mentioning Akyuu ,who was mentioned before by Marisa as a source of info when morning is going to shine, has reminded me that Kosuzu ,or more likely a specific part of the storage at the Suzunaan's bookstore with a specific " Youma Book",could be targeted since right now is night-time, everyone is asleep at the Human Village,the "Youma Book" could be a good enough Grimorie-like //

> " Unless... If tracking down a Grimoire remotely could become feasible option,maybe  a Set-Up by a Bait&Switch or Bait&Trap or have another way to Surveillance from a good degree of Distance could become a viable option as well since The Culprit's or Culprits's only interactions and evidence lay only with what has been already pilfered or their next objectives ... "

>" ...but... just as  there are  "Non-Magicians Individuals who wield magic as deftly as Magicians" would there be a Magic-like Equivalent for Grimories of Any Kind that could be targeted to such an effect ? "

> An "Akyuu" has been mentioned by Marisa as a source of info,correct?

> "Grimoires are an artifact specifically used by Magicians, or those attempting to emulate them." Patchouli explains, giving Marisa a quick glance. "They are stores of magical knowledge. There are other sorts of magical artifacts and foci that may be used by other magic-users, but those are more used to empower the magic-user. Not as a magical record like Grimoires. Grimoires contain power; yes, but more importantly; they hold knowledge."

> "Knowledge is power; after all." Narumi adds.

> Marisa mentioned seeing Akyuu as her next move in the morning for information about anything else relating to this "Makai"; or who may be connected to the incident, as she "chronicles" Gensokyo's History, so may have something stored in that record of use.