Author Topic: Guidance Quest  (Read 6909 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Guidance Quest
« on: February 22, 2022, 11:50:58 PM »
//I was inspired by something I saw on another forum and I was curious to see how such a quest would play out here.
-----------------
>Gensokyo.

>It is one of the last few havens for the supernatural on Earth, isolated from the rest of the world for centuries and is home to a diverse population consisting of humans, youkai, fairies, ghosts, and many others.

>These people live in balance, governed by a set of laws known as the Spellcard Rules that emphasizes duels based on beauty and dodging rather than pure displays of power. In theory, these laws allow humans and weak youkai to have a fighting chance against those that are far stronger than them.

>This way of life has lead to life in Gensokyo being mostly peaceful, if a bit chaotic at times, with only the occasional incident to shake things up, though these tend to be resolved by the efforts of a certain few.

>It has been a while since the last incident had occurred, but the winds of change are always blowing. Indeed, something new lies on the horizon, and only time will tell how it will play out, and what your part in it will be.

>However, before anything can begin, a simple question must be answered...

Who, in this world, will you choose?

>Flandre Scarlet - The younger sister of the vampire Remilia Scarlet. She almost never has the chance to go out, mostly being confined to the mansion due to a poor control over her power.

>Koishi Komeiji - A young satori that sealed her third eye shut to escape the prejudice against her species, unintentionally sealing off her conscious mind in the process. Yet something still stirs inside this "Empty shell"...

>Sariel - Makai's Angel of Destruction. Defeated in Makai a long time ago by a young Hakurei Shrine maiden, she has been in a state of unconsciousness for years. Still weakened from the conflict, she is just now waking up to a world where much has changed...

>Maribel Hearn - An outsider who is on the cusp of unlocking her potential, trying to find the fabled land of Gensokyo with her best friend Renko.

>Someone else? - May lead to unpredictable results. Choose carefully.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:53:51 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 01:49:21 AM »
> Voting for Sariel and Maribel (If it remains a prolonged tie I'll go with Sariel)

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 10:18:56 AM »
>Voting for Sariel. A PC-98 character in a Windows Gensokyo sounds interesting.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 01:32:41 AM »
Quote
>Sariel
>...
>...
>...

>The demonic realm of Makai, despite what its title may imply, is actually a relatively quiet place in the context of major events. With the exception of a brief incursion from a flying ship, ever since the end of what became known as the Demon Incident and the departure of one Alice Margatroid to Gensokyo, Makai has mostly kept to itself and generally caused no problems or was affected by any further Incidents.

>Recently, though, energies have been coalescing inside near the edge of the realm, and upon the cold rocks between a long unused cave entrance and an ancient ruin, a figure with bluish platinum hair laid upon the ground, their form finally reconstituting after their physical body was destroyed in a conflict years ago. Memories slowly sort themselves out as depleted power reserves hungrily feed on the miasma-laced atmosphere as a long dormant consciousness gradually awakens.

>Then, with a sharp intake of breath, a pair of violet eyes snap open as six magnificent wings finally unfurl for the first time in over a decade...

>What will you do?
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »
> Are we alive!?

> What is the last thing we remember?

> What do we see?  Can we move?

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 06:44:55 AM »
>The six winged woman slowly pulls herself to her feet, glancing about as she shakily finds her balance.
>'What happened...? I was... preparing for... something...? There was a fight... and a... purple haired--'
>ChildRedWhiteSphereContact
>P A I N.
>Wincing at the sudden rush of memories, Sariel staggers backwards, the phantom pain from the fight searing into the forefront of her consciousness.
>Taking a moment to gather herself, she frowns in thought, experimentally flexing her wings as she does so.
>'Right... That...' she clenches her fist at the memory, 'Tch, to have been bested by a human child... Was I really that careless?'
> Are we alive!?

> What is the last thing we remember?

> What do we see?  Can we move?
>Sariel snaps to attention as she hears what seems to have been a voice asking several questions in quick succession. Reflexively summoning her wand -- and taking a moment to frown at its heavily damaged state -- she glances around for the apparent source, only to find...
>...Nothing?

>_

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 06:49:43 AM »
>It has been a long time, how have you been?
->Things have changed a great deal during your absence.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 06:57:56 AM »
> Make sure you're all there. Wouldn't want to be knocked back down immediately after getting up now, would we?

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 07:18:59 AM »
> Feeling vengeful?

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 07:38:39 AM »
>It has been a long time, how have you been?
->Things have changed a great deal during your absence.
>Hearing something clearly directed at her -- and feeling a twinge of annoyance at how this voice she didn't recognize seemed to greet her as if they knew her -- she once again swept the area with her eyes, frowning at how she once again saw nobody around.

> Make sure you're all there. Wouldn't want to be knocked back down immediately after getting up now, would we?
>Hearing the voice speak again -- or was it a different one? -- her frown deepens.
>'Invisibility magic, perhaps... Maybe with some sound obfuscation? How annoying...'
>"Enough of this foolishness. Reveal yourself before I do so for you." she demands, readying a burst of cleansing light.

> Feeling vengeful?
>"Drop the invisibility and perhaps I'll humor you with an answer." Sariel scoffs as the (third?) mysterious voice speaks once more, "This is your last warning."
>_
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 07:53:52 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2022, 03:35:07 PM »
> Can't, I-I don't have a physical form

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 04:44:37 PM »
>What the other voice said.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 11:11:28 PM »
> Can't, I-I don't have a physical form
>What the other voice said.
>'I will be the judge of that...'
>She releases a pulse of energy from her wand, frowning upon seeing it hit nothing.
>"...Perhaps you speak the truth, then..." she speaks, lowering her weapon, 'Or it could be some form of projection...'
>"Who are you and what do you want?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 05:49:45 AM »
> Not sure... maybe you could help me figure that part out?

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 06:57:15 AM »
>. . .Current objective is to help Sariel achieve goals.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 07:40:39 AM »
> Not sure... maybe you could help me figure that part out?
>"And how do you expect me, who knows nothing about you, to help you with that?" she cocks an eyebrow at the voice, "Please do not waste my time."

>. . .Current objective is to help Sariel achieve goals.
>"...Achieve my goals?" she questions, "And how, exactly, does a disembodied voice or voices plan to do that?"
>'Though that does remind me that I should probably consider my future plans... Or at least try to remember what I was attempting before when that child stopped me...' she ponders, frowning a bit 'That child... Perhaps I should settle things with her as a short term goal...'
>...
>'...Actually, before I even consider that, I should probably find out exactly how long I've been out... Not much point in trying if she's already dead of old age...'

>Your charge has defined an Objective.
>Something in your connection shifts, and new information reveals itself to you...
>New Objective: Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

Status:
??: ?

????????????

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 07:44:48 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 12:17:04 PM »
>Confirmed.  Sariel's current goal is to fight Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo.

>Error. There are two current ways to settle things, Danmaku duels, a nonleathal fight, or the old ways.

>Recommendation, danmaku.  Reimu is able to make herself invincible with her ability.

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 10:32:59 PM »
>As the other voice exemplified, we may have information and advice on the situation. But we don't know Everything, we are unfortunately not omniscient.
>We could answer other questions you have. To the best of our ability. And give general guidance if needed.
>I apologise for our inability to speak in unison and our lack of a corporeal form.

>Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo is a formidable opponent. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.
>She may look a bit different than you remember, however.


Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 11:53:29 PM »
Status:
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 Objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>Confirmed.  Sariel's current goal is to fight Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo.

>Error. There are two current ways to settle things, Danmaku duels, a nonleathal fight, or the old ways.

>Recommendation, danmaku.  Reimu is able to make herself invincible with her ability.
>"And I should trust your word on this... why?" Sariel questions, "...And a 'danmaku duel'...?"

>As the other voice exemplified, we may have information and advice on the situation. But we don't know Everything, we are unfortunately not omniscient.
>We could answer other questions you have. To the best of our ability. And give general guidance if needed.
>I apologise for our inability to speak in unison and our lack of a corporeal form.

>Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo is a formidable opponent. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.
>She may look a bit different than you remember, however.
>"There's more of you?" Sariel blinks upon hearing the new voice, "And again, how can I be sure you're telling the truth about all of this? That this information is trustworthy?"
>'Formidable opponent... ha... Assuming this "Reimu" they speak of is the same person, then I merely underestimated her abilities for being a mere child. I will not be making the same mistake... assuming there's a next time...'

>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 12:33:53 AM »
> She has gone undefeated since your last encounter, having faced around a hundred opponents though none as strong as you are...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:38:17 AM by Tom »

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 12:40:19 AM »
// Small edit in wording

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 02:42:10 AM »
>Do or don't trust us, we shall earn your trust in time.
->The child and Reimu are one and the same.

>Danmaku is a. . .Let's say a dodging match between premade patterns made by the combatants.

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 04:25:18 AM »
> If you got any spells that could cancel out flight or otherwise limit movement to the ground it should be a piece of cake
// Could be our gimmick that you have to fight us HRtP style...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 06:06:10 AM »
Status:
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)
> She has gone undefeated since your last encounter, having faced around a hundred opponents though none as strong as you are...
>"Forgive me if I find that difficult to accept..." she replies.

>Do or don't trust us, we shall earn your trust in time.
->The child and Reimu are one and the same.

>Danmaku is a. . .Let's say a dodging match between premade patterns made by the combatants.
>"We will see..." She ponders for a moment, "A 'dodging match'...? So the winner is who gets hit the least then? It doesn't seem very... efficient..."

> If you got any spells that could cancel out flight or otherwise limit movement to the ground it should be a piece of cake
// Could be our gimmick that you have to fight us HRtP style...
>"Hmm... My memory is a bit fragmented at the moment so if I did have a spell like that I would need to recall how to cast it... But that's also assuming that what you say is the truth."
>_

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 02:15:04 PM »
> At any rate, its probably a good idea to get your bearings. After all, a lot has happened, even a bit in Makai itself, while you were... Out of commission. Take a stroll around, for example.

Tom

  • *
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 07:46:12 PM »
> You might even be able to see such a dodging match, they're not uncommon

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 08:52:32 PM »
>It would be best to get your memory back before a rematch.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2022, 06:25:46 AM »
//Apologies for the long delay.
-------------
Status:
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

> At any rate, its probably a good idea to get your bearings. After all, a lot has happened, even a bit in Makai itself, while you were... Out of commission. Take a stroll around, for example.
>"Fair enough." Sariel replies as she unfurls her wings, giving herself an experimental thrust or two before committing to the flight with a slight wobble that soon corrects itself.

> You might even be able to see such a dodging match, they're not uncommon
>"We'll see about that."
>'Now where is my shrine from here... or Vina for that matter...' she ponders as she surveys the surrounding area, noticing a road leading to a distant cave, '...I think that might be the gateway to the other world over there? Or perhaps a neglected tunnel...'

>It would be best to get your memory back before a rematch.
>"The battle is among the memories that remain clear to me. I will not underestimate her capabilities again should I find her."
>_

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2022, 09:06:55 PM »
#Don't worry. Don't overexert yourself.
>Vina? As in "The Ruins of Vina?" I won't pry for information unless you're comfortable sharing.

>That cave is likely where the gateway to Gensokyo lies. I'm guessing the Ruins of Vina, or what remains of it, is in the opposite direction. Your Shrine could also be in that direction.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 07:54:22 AM »
Status:
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

#Don't worry. Don't overexert yourself.
>Vina? As in "The Ruins of Vina?" I won't pry for information unless you're comfortable sharing.
>"Of course. What else would I be referring to?" Sariel responds.

>That cave is likely where the gateway to Gensokyo lies. I'm guessing the Ruins of Vina, or what remains of it, is in the opposite direction. Your Shrine could also be in that direction.
>"Noted."
>Sariel flies away from the direction of the cave, searching for any familiar surroundings as she does so. Eventually, she notices a cluster of ruins nestled into a valley and begins descending towards it.
>'This seems like Vina. I wonder if that troublemaker is still around... Hm, something to dwell on later, perhaps.'
>_