Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 22, 2022, 11:50:58 PM

Title: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 22, 2022, 11:50:58 PM
//I was inspired by something I saw on another forum and I was curious to see how such a quest would play out here.
-----------------
>Gensokyo.

>It is one of the last few havens for the supernatural on Earth, isolated from the rest of the world for centuries and is home to a diverse population consisting of humans, youkai, fairies, ghosts, and many others.

>These people live in balance, governed by a set of laws known as the Spellcard Rules that emphasizes duels based on beauty and dodging rather than pure displays of power. In theory, these laws allow humans and weak youkai to have a fighting chance against those that are far stronger than them.

>This way of life has lead to life in Gensokyo being mostly peaceful, if a bit chaotic at times, with only the occasional incident to shake things up, though these tend to be resolved by the efforts of a certain few.

>It has been a while since the last incident had occurred, but the winds of change are always blowing. Indeed, something new lies on the horizon, and only time will tell how it will play out, and what your part in it will be.

>However, before anything can begin, a simple question must be answered...

Who, in this world, will you choose?

>Flandre Scarlet - The younger sister of the vampire Remilia Scarlet. She almost never has the chance to go out, mostly being confined to the mansion due to a poor control over her power.

>Koishi Komeiji - A young satori that sealed her third eye shut to escape the prejudice against her species, unintentionally sealing off her conscious mind in the process. Yet something still stirs inside this "Empty shell"...

>Sariel - Makai's Angel of Destruction. Defeated in Makai a long time ago by a young Hakurei Shrine maiden, she has been in a state of unconsciousness for years. Still weakened from the conflict, she is just now waking up to a world where much has changed...

>Maribel Hearn - An outsider who is on the cusp of unlocking her potential, trying to find the fabled land of Gensokyo with her best friend Renko.

>Someone else? - May lead to unpredictable results. Choose carefully.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 23, 2022, 01:49:21 AM
> Voting for Sariel and Maribel (If it remains a prolonged tie I'll go with Sariel)
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on February 23, 2022, 10:18:56 AM
>Voting for Sariel. A PC-98 character in a Windows Gensokyo sounds interesting.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 24, 2022, 01:32:41 AM
Quote
>Sariel
>...
>...
>...

>The demonic realm of Makai, despite what its title may imply, is actually a relatively quiet place in the context of major events. With the exception of a brief incursion from a flying ship, ever since the end of what became known as the Demon Incident and the departure of one Alice Margatroid to Gensokyo, Makai has mostly kept to itself and generally caused no problems or was affected by any further Incidents.

>Recently, though, energies have been coalescing inside near the edge of the realm, and upon the cold rocks between a long unused cave entrance and an ancient ruin, a figure with bluish platinum hair laid upon the ground, their form finally reconstituting after their physical body was destroyed in a conflict years ago. Memories slowly sort themselves out as depleted power reserves hungrily feed on the miasma-laced atmosphere as a long dormant consciousness gradually awakens.

>Then, with a sharp intake of breath, a pair of violet eyes snap open as six magnificent wings finally unfurl for the first time in over a decade...

>What will you do?
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 24, 2022, 05:50:11 AM
> Are we alive!?

> What is the last thing we remember?

> What do we see?  Can we move?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 24, 2022, 06:44:55 AM
>The six winged woman slowly pulls herself to her feet, glancing about as she shakily finds her balance.
>'What happened...? I was... preparing for... something...? There was a fight... and a... purple haired--'
>ChildRedWhiteSphereContact
>P A I N.
>Wincing at the sudden rush of memories, Sariel staggers backwards, the phantom pain from the fight searing into the forefront of her consciousness.
>Taking a moment to gather herself, she frowns in thought, experimentally flexing her wings as she does so.
>'Right... That...' she clenches her fist at the memory, 'Tch, to have been bested by a human child... Was I really that careless?'
> Are we alive!?

> What is the last thing we remember?

> What do we see?  Can we move?
>Sariel snaps to attention as she hears what seems to have been a voice asking several questions in quick succession. Reflexively summoning her wand -- and taking a moment to frown at its heavily damaged state -- she glances around for the apparent source, only to find...
>...Nothing?

>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 24, 2022, 06:49:43 AM
>It has been a long time, how have you been?
->Things have changed a great deal during your absence.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on February 24, 2022, 06:57:56 AM
> Make sure you're all there. Wouldn't want to be knocked back down immediately after getting up now, would we?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 24, 2022, 07:18:59 AM
> Feeling vengeful?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 24, 2022, 07:38:39 AM
>It has been a long time, how have you been?
->Things have changed a great deal during your absence.
>Hearing something clearly directed at her -- and feeling a twinge of annoyance at how this voice she didn't recognize seemed to greet her as if they knew her -- she once again swept the area with her eyes, frowning at how she once again saw nobody around.

> Make sure you're all there. Wouldn't want to be knocked back down immediately after getting up now, would we?
>Hearing the voice speak again -- or was it a different one? -- her frown deepens.
>'Invisibility magic, perhaps... Maybe with some sound obfuscation? How annoying...'
>"Enough of this foolishness. Reveal yourself before I do so for you." she demands, readying a burst of cleansing light.

> Feeling vengeful?
>"Drop the invisibility and perhaps I'll humor you with an answer." Sariel scoffs as the (third?) mysterious voice speaks once more, "This is your last warning."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 24, 2022, 03:35:07 PM
> Can't, I-I don't have a physical form
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 24, 2022, 04:44:37 PM
>What the other voice said.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 24, 2022, 11:11:28 PM
> Can't, I-I don't have a physical form
>What the other voice said.
>'I will be the judge of that...'
>She releases a pulse of energy from her wand, frowning upon seeing it hit nothing.
>"...Perhaps you speak the truth, then..." she speaks, lowering her weapon, 'Or it could be some form of projection...'
>"Who are you and what do you want?"
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 25, 2022, 05:49:45 AM
> Not sure... maybe you could help me figure that part out?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 25, 2022, 06:57:15 AM
>. . .Current objective is to help Sariel achieve goals.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 25, 2022, 07:40:39 AM
> Not sure... maybe you could help me figure that part out?
>"And how do you expect me, who knows nothing about you, to help you with that?" she cocks an eyebrow at the voice, "Please do not waste my time."

>. . .Current objective is to help Sariel achieve goals.
>"...Achieve my goals?" she questions, "And how, exactly, does a disembodied voice or voices plan to do that?"
>'Though that does remind me that I should probably consider my future plans... Or at least try to remember what I was attempting before when that child stopped me...' she ponders, frowning a bit 'That child... Perhaps I should settle things with her as a short term goal...'
>...
>'...Actually, before I even consider that, I should probably find out exactly how long I've been out... Not much point in trying if she's already dead of old age...'

>Your charge has defined an Objective.
>Something in your connection shifts, and new information reveals itself to you...
>New Objective: Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

??: ?

????????????

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 25, 2022, 12:17:04 PM
>Confirmed.  Sariel's current goal is to fight Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo.

>Error. There are two current ways to settle things, Danmaku duels, a nonleathal fight, or the old ways.

>Recommendation, danmaku.  Reimu is able to make herself invincible with her ability.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on February 25, 2022, 10:32:59 PM
>As the other voice exemplified, we may have information and advice on the situation. But we don't know Everything, we are unfortunately not omniscient.
>We could answer other questions you have. To the best of our ability. And give general guidance if needed.
>I apologise for our inability to speak in unison and our lack of a corporeal form.

>Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo is a formidable opponent. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.
>She may look a bit different than you remember, however.

Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 25, 2022, 11:53:29 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 Objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>Confirmed.  Sariel's current goal is to fight Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo.

>Error. There are two current ways to settle things, Danmaku duels, a nonleathal fight, or the old ways.

>Recommendation, danmaku.  Reimu is able to make herself invincible with her ability.
>"And I should trust your word on this... why?" Sariel questions, "...And a 'danmaku duel'...?"

>As the other voice exemplified, we may have information and advice on the situation. But we don't know Everything, we are unfortunately not omniscient.
>We could answer other questions you have. To the best of our ability. And give general guidance if needed.
>I apologise for our inability to speak in unison and our lack of a corporeal form.

>Reimu Hakurei of Gensokyo is a formidable opponent. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.
>She may look a bit different than you remember, however.
>"There's more of you?" Sariel blinks upon hearing the new voice, "And again, how can I be sure you're telling the truth about all of this? That this information is trustworthy?"
>'Formidable opponent... ha... Assuming this "Reimu" they speak of is the same person, then I merely underestimated her abilities for being a mere child. I will not be making the same mistake... assuming there's a next time...'

>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2022, 12:33:53 AM
> She has gone undefeated since your last encounter, having faced around a hundred opponents though none as strong as you are...
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2022, 12:40:19 AM
// Small edit in wording
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 26, 2022, 02:42:10 AM
>Do or don't trust us, we shall earn your trust in time.
->The child and Reimu are one and the same.

>Danmaku is a. . .Let's say a dodging match between premade patterns made by the combatants.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2022, 04:25:18 AM
> If you got any spells that could cancel out flight or otherwise limit movement to the ground it should be a piece of cake
// Could be our gimmick that you have to fight us HRtP style...
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 26, 2022, 06:06:10 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)
> She has gone undefeated since your last encounter, having faced around a hundred opponents though none as strong as you are...
>"Forgive me if I find that difficult to accept..." she replies.

>Do or don't trust us, we shall earn your trust in time.
->The child and Reimu are one and the same.

>Danmaku is a. . .Let's say a dodging match between premade patterns made by the combatants.
>"We will see..." She ponders for a moment, "A 'dodging match'...? So the winner is who gets hit the least then? It doesn't seem very... efficient..."

> If you got any spells that could cancel out flight or otherwise limit movement to the ground it should be a piece of cake
// Could be our gimmick that you have to fight us HRtP style...
>"Hmm... My memory is a bit fragmented at the moment so if I did have a spell like that I would need to recall how to cast it... But that's also assuming that what you say is the truth."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on February 26, 2022, 02:15:04 PM
> At any rate, its probably a good idea to get your bearings. After all, a lot has happened, even a bit in Makai itself, while you were... Out of commission. Take a stroll around, for example.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2022, 07:46:12 PM
> You might even be able to see such a dodging match, they're not uncommon
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on February 26, 2022, 08:52:32 PM
>It would be best to get your memory back before a rematch.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 09, 2022, 06:25:46 AM
//Apologies for the long delay.
-------------
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

> At any rate, its probably a good idea to get your bearings. After all, a lot has happened, even a bit in Makai itself, while you were... Out of commission. Take a stroll around, for example.
>"Fair enough." Sariel replies as she unfurls her wings, giving herself an experimental thrust or two before committing to the flight with a slight wobble that soon corrects itself.

> You might even be able to see such a dodging match, they're not uncommon
>"We'll see about that."
>'Now where is my shrine from here... or Vina for that matter...' she ponders as she surveys the surrounding area, noticing a road leading to a distant cave, '...I think that might be the gateway to the other world over there? Or perhaps a neglected tunnel...'

>It would be best to get your memory back before a rematch.
>"The battle is among the memories that remain clear to me. I will not underestimate her capabilities again should I find her."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on March 09, 2022, 09:06:55 PM
#Don't worry. Don't overexert yourself.
>Vina? As in "The Ruins of Vina?" I won't pry for information unless you're comfortable sharing.

>That cave is likely where the gateway to Gensokyo lies. I'm guessing the Ruins of Vina, or what remains of it, is in the opposite direction. Your Shrine could also be in that direction.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 10, 2022, 07:54:22 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

#Don't worry. Don't overexert yourself.
>Vina? As in "The Ruins of Vina?" I won't pry for information unless you're comfortable sharing.
>"Of course. What else would I be referring to?" Sariel responds.

>That cave is likely where the gateway to Gensokyo lies. I'm guessing the Ruins of Vina, or what remains of it, is in the opposite direction. Your Shrine could also be in that direction.
>"Noted."
>Sariel flies away from the direction of the cave, searching for any familiar surroundings as she does so. Eventually, she notices a cluster of ruins nestled into a valley and begins descending towards it.
>'This seems like Vina. I wonder if that troublemaker is still around... Hm, something to dwell on later, perhaps.'
>_

Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on March 11, 2022, 02:44:36 AM
> Has Vina always been in ruins?  Or do you remember it in it's non-ruined form?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on March 11, 2022, 10:28:26 PM
>That troublemaker... Elis, I think her name was? Her fate after all these years is unknown even to me. But granted how quiet it's been, I'm guessing she's either deeper in Vina or left out of boredom. Though these are merely assumptions.

>Speaking of Vina: What are your predictions on possible conflict within the ruins?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on March 12, 2022, 04:33:28 AM
>What does the city in Makai look like?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 15, 2022, 10:51:44 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

> Has Vina always been in ruins?  Or do you remember it in it's non-ruined form?
>"It wasn't always this way, and I honestly prefer how it is now. The old inhabitants annoyed me."

>That troublemaker... Elis, I think her name was? Her fate after all these years is unknown even to me. But granted how quiet it's been, I'm guessing she's either deeper in Vina or left out of boredom. Though these are merely assumptions.
>"Ah yes, that was her name... Either way, I care little for her. I was merely curious if she was still present."

>Speaking of Vina: What are your predictions on possible conflict within the ruins?
>"The troublemaker at least knows her place, so unless she's somehow become particularly daring, she's the only thing of note in there -- assuming she's still present at all. -- The history of this place keeps things rather quiet for the most part."

>What does the city in Makai look like?
>"The capital? Honestly I haven't been there in over a millennium, so I would not be surprised if it resembled little of how I remember it. Pandaemonium should look more or less the same, though."
>'...Assuming she didn't remodel it on a whim.'

>As she floats down closer to Vina, she directs her flight path towards an abandoned shrine or temple of some sort on the outskirts of the city, nestled between several cliffs.
>'Hmm... The exterior hasn't changed much, at least, aside from some collateral damage from the encounter with that child...'
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on March 17, 2022, 03:33:00 AM
> Maybe it could use some maintenance...  Ever thought of getting a familiar?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on March 17, 2022, 03:41:32 AM
>Did you ever encounter a blond child or woman with green hair?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 19, 2022, 12:07:45 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

> Maybe it could use some maintenance...  Ever thought of getting a familiar?
>"Why would I need one?" she raises an eyebrow in response.

>Did you ever encounter a blond child or woman with green hair?
>"I do believe the troublemaker was blonde, though she was far from a child despite how she acted... As for the other, I know nobody with green hair. Though I would not put it past Her to bring somebody with that trait into existence if she so desired. Is there a purpose to this question?"

>Waiting a moment for a response that doesn't come, she proceeds to walk into the ruined shrine, thoroughly inspecting the interior as she does so and searching for anything that might be amiss.
>"Hmm... Everything seems to be in order..."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on March 22, 2022, 03:19:53 PM
>I was try to find out who else if anyone aside from the shrine maiden encountered you

>This blond, did she have a cat?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Tom on March 23, 2022, 07:07:11 AM
> Multitasking of course!  They could keep things in order while you're away, be it maintenance or small fry intruders
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 22, 2022, 06:42:34 AM
//apologies for long delay. Didn't intend for it to happen.
--------------
>ERROR: Disconnected.
>Re-establishing connection...
>...
>...
>...
>Connection re-established. Time elapsed: 2 Months


??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>I was try to find out who else if anyone aside from the shrine maiden encountered you

>This blond, did she have a cat?
>"People generally do not seek me out." Sariel replies, before blinking.
>"...A ...cat? ...I am aware of no such daemon. Is it a new experiment of Hers?"

> Multitasking of course!  They could keep things in order while you're away, be it maintenance or small fry intruders
>"Hmm, I suppose recruiting a disciple for that purpose would have it's merits..."
>'They would need to be thoroughly tested for loyalty and commitment, though, as well as their ability to repel interlopers... Hmm... Perhaps intentionally seeking me out could be the first test...'
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 22, 2022, 06:38:34 PM
>Eerr no.  It is a small quadruped covered in fur with triangular ears on top of its head and it has a fluffy tail.

>How bad was the time lapse?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 22, 2022, 07:50:49 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>Eerr no.  It is a small quadruped covered in fur with triangular ears on top of its head and it has a fluffy tail.

>How bad was the time lapse?
>"I see... ...What time lapse?" Sariel questions.
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 22, 2022, 08:29:58 PM
>There seemed to be a time lapse for me.
>Perhaps my perception of time was off.

>Have you heard of a Buddhist monk being sealed Makai?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 23, 2022, 02:47:39 AM
//Strange, I don't seem to get email notifications for this thread anymore. Not even in my spambox.
//Gonna re-toggle notifications for this thread and see if that fixes it.
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>There seemed to be a time lapse for me.
>Perhaps my perception of time was off.
>"...Should I be concerned?"

>Have you heard of a Buddhist monk being sealed Makai?
>"I don't believe so. I may have existed since Makai's genesis but I'm not omniscient to everything that happens in it."
>'That's more Her job anyway...'

>Sariel turns back towards the shrine entrance. "Anyway, everything seems as it should be. There is no reason to linger here any longer than necessary, especially with more pressing matters to attend to."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2022, 03:26:16 AM
>I would say no.  It is beneficial if nothing else.

>Which matters are you referring to?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 23, 2022, 04:29:10 AM
//Going to wait a bit longer until the next parse to see if anyone else notices this is alive again.
------------------
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>I would say no.  It is beneficial if nothing else.
>"How so?"

>Which matters are you referring to?
>"Well first I should figure out how long I've been out. After that there's the matter of dealing with the one who put me in this state in the first place, assuming so little time has passed that she still lives."
>"Unfortunately, that would mean asking around, and people tend to stay away from the vicinity of Vina... If I knew for a fact that the troublemaker was still around I'd interrogate her, but I've noticed no signs of her presence."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2022, 05:01:26 AM
>I would recommend heading to the Makai capital and asking if the shrine maiden has visited
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 23, 2022, 11:13:05 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>I would recommend heading to the Makai capital and asking if the shrine maiden has visited
>"Right, the capital..." Sariel says with a hint of disdain, "Hmm... memories are still a bit foggy, but I think I was planning something involving it before the shrine maiden showed up..."
>She shrugs, "Oh well, whatever I was planning can wait for now... Anyway, possible source of information aside, I'd prefer not approach it at my current level of strength if possible..."
>'There's no way of knowing how She'd react to me suddenly showing up so close to her palace either...'
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 23, 2022, 11:21:30 PM
>Are there any celestial bodies that you could use to calculate how long you've been out?

>Or is there is a slow growing plant that you could use?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 24, 2022, 12:37:55 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>Are there any celestial bodies that you could use to calculate how long you've been out?
>"There were in earlier iterations, though as far as I know the current one's sky is still a perpetual twilight haze with the only thing remotely resembling a sun being Hokkai."
>"However, Hokkai is also relatively stationary, so using it to determine the passage of time is unreliable."

>Or is there is a slow growing plant that you could use?
>"Plants generally do not grow around Vina. Nor am I one that usually takes note of their growth."

>Sariel takes to the air upon exiting the shrine, flying high enough to get a good look at the surrounding area.
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 26, 2022, 04:29:06 AM
>What are you looking at?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 27, 2022, 05:07:43 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

<Hmph... Plenty of opportunities were given and yet a single voice stands alone. How unfortunate...>
<While there is still capacity for Guidance, it would be rather dull if only a lone voice was running the show...>
<...>
<Hm... Perhaps I'll give things more time to recover from that little connection hiccup before resorting to less than favorable solutions...>


>What are you looking at?
>"I am trying to see if there is anybody foolish enough to be in the vicinity so that I may interrogate them for information. Failing that I intend to search for a traveler or a village. Whichever comes first."

>Sure enough, not finding anyone in the immediate area, Sariel begins to fly outward in a wide spiral, scanning the ground below as she travels...
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on May 29, 2022, 01:48:37 AM
<Restart the console since there's controllers plugged in that wanted this way, but their owners jumped ship.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2022, 02:22:01 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)
>Sariel continues to fly. If she's noticed that the voices haven't spoken for a while, then she has not made any comment on it.

<Restart the console since there's controllers plugged in that wanted this way, but their owners jumped ship.>
<Well that certainly is one possible solution... Honestly, I would've proposed that myself given time...>
<Anyway, with how loose the bond to your current charge is, a reset of the connection should be simple enough, though there will be a minor price to pay.>
<It's nothing major, but do know that as a consequence The Angel will no longer be an option when selecting a new charge to Guide. There would've been other penalties as well, but fortunately for you the weakness of your bond meant that they would not apply.>

<Anyway, with these facts in mind. Is a reset of the connection really what you desire?>
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 29, 2022, 02:24:02 AM
>Gensokyo may be your best bet then.

>I think there it may be worth it.  There may be a reward for finding out how long it has been.
->Or I could be insane.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2022, 02:58:01 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

<The question extends to the other active voices as well.>

>Gensokyo may be your best bet then.

>I think there it may be worth it.  There may be a reward for finding out how long it has been.
->Or I could be insane.
>"...Gensokyo? A reward?" Sariel questions, "Also I noticed you were silent for a while, did something happen?"
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 29, 2022, 03:07:16 AM
>Gensokyo is where the shrine maiden came from.  The reward is a mystery to me as well

>Just waiting for any others in case they had better advice.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2022, 03:46:34 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>Gensokyo is where the shrine maiden came from.  The reward is a mystery to me as well
>"Hmm... Well I suppose going there could potentially kill two birds with one stone... If I locate the girl then I would both know that it hasn't been too long and I can know where she is for when I enact my vengeance..."
>'I'll need to figure out exactly where this... Gensokyo is though...'

>Just waiting for any others in case they had better advice.
>"Is that why your voice seemed quieter than normal in the last hour or so? Before it had a slight echo, almost as if more than one of you was speaking at once."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 29, 2022, 04:10:58 AM
>There should be a gate to Makai and Hell.  Follow the cave path away from the gates.

>The others are gone 😢
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2022, 03:27:53 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>There should be a gate to Makai and Hell.  Follow the cave path away from the gates.
>"Right... the gates..."
>'...where were they again...?'

>The others are gone 😢
>"I see..."
>'Are they actually crying...?'
>"...So is it just going to be you for a bit, then?"

<It is most unfortunate that things have gotten so quiet... A reset is still on the table if that is what you desire, though the consequences remain the same.>
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 30, 2022, 09:38:14 PM
>*Sniffle* It will be me for a while.

>Makai way the shrine maiden went from her shrine to the gate to the Ruins of Vina then finally to fallen temple.

>Via hell she went from her shrine to a hokoro to the Rotting World of Flame then finally to the silent temple.

>Does that help any?

//Is there anyone else that wants to play or play a different character.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 30, 2022, 11:31:44 PM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>*Sniffle* It will be me for a while.

>Makai way the shrine maiden went from her shrine to the gate to the Ruins of Vina then finally to fallen temple.

>Via hell she went from her shrine to a hokoro to the Rotting World of Flame then finally to the silent temple.

>Does that help any?
>"...I believe only the Makai specific information was necessary. I have never been outside of it so I would know nothing about Hell."

>Sariel adjusts her flight path back towards the general direction of Vina
>"So in theory I would just need to locate the old roads leading out Vina and follow each... Simple enough I suppose."
>'At least that means I get to actually follow something rather than fly about aimlessly until I stumble upon the gate...'

//Is there anyone else that wants to play or play a different character.
<A few more chances, I will give. But if there is no change within a few days of your time, we may need to have a discussion regarding the fate of your connection...>

>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 31, 2022, 12:06:16 AM
>That's my bet
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 31, 2022, 02:58:56 AM
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>That's my bet
>Sariel simply nods before continuing on her route.

>...

>There were only a few roads leading out of Vina, and all of them were poorly maintained. Nonetheless, Sariel quickly rules out the one road that seemed to lead towards the capital and follows one leading towards a mountain range in the distance.

>After flying for about half an hour, she finds what she was looking for, a large alcove carved within the mountainside with an ornate gate nestled inside. Spreading her wings, Sariel gracefully descends in front of the massive stone doors and promptly pushes them aside. As the doors swing open, they reveal a rather large, dark chamber with an ominous red swirling platform in the center, surrounded by six magical pillars arranged evenly around it in a roughly hexagonal formation.

>Also present in the room is a stool, with its occupant being a pinkette in a red dress who seems to have been startled by the sudden intrusion. As Sariel proceeds into the chamber, the pink haired girl stands up straight and quickly positions herself between Sariel and her destination.

>"Halt!" she says confidently, though the effect is diminished by the significant height advantage Sariel has over her, "State your business at the gate of Makai."

>Sariel stops for a moment, perplexed. "...I have come to use the gate. Why else would I be here?"

>"O-Oh..." the girl falters, "R-Right, uh... Well, do you have your written permission from Lady Shinki?"

>Sariel's eyes narrow, "...Do you even know who I am?"

>"Um..."

>"Tch. You must be relatively young then. I suppose that offense is forgivable, just this once." Sariel unfurls her wings to their full length, "Listen well, worm. You stand in the presence of Sariel, Makai's Harbinger of the End, Archangel of Death, and Firstborn of Shinki. It would do you well to remember it..."

>"...Um... O...kay?" The pinkette blinks, "...I'd still like to see your writ of permission, though... er... Miss Sariel."

>' "Miss" Sariel...? Hmph. Do they really not teach the lesser daemons proper respect these days, or is this one just dense?'
>"You dare treat me as if I were some common daemon? I am above such nonsense..." Sariel frowns

>"L-Look... It's standard procedure..." the pinkette sweatdrops, "Ever since the whole tourism fiasco, anyone who isn't directly summoned by a magician needs special permission to go Gensokyo. Something about an agreement Lady Shinki made with those on the other side."

>"Insolent girl, you are trying my patience..." Sariel's frown deepens.
>'Perhaps I should just blast her and be on my way...'
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 31, 2022, 03:18:04 AM
>She may be useful.

>Ask her when the rule was set.  I think that would have occurred a year after your meeting with the shrine maiden.

>I do know that shrine maiden was still young at that time.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 31, 2022, 11:25:59 PM
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)

>She may be useful.

>Ask her when the rule was set.  I think that would have occurred a year after your meeting with the shrine maiden.

>I do know that shrine maiden was still young at that time.
>"Hmph..." Sariel considers for a moment before lowering her wand slightly, "Fortunately for you, I am also in need of information... Tell me, how many years has this rule been in place?"

>"Huh?" the girl blinks at the sudden change in demeanor, "Well... uh... I think it's been almost two decades now...? Like, 18-20 years or so."
>She pauses.
>"Gee, has it really been that long...?"

>"Almost two decades? Hm, I see..." Sariel considers, "So it's possible she's alive then. Excellent..."

>Objective completed: Find out how long it's been.
>Obtained 1 SP.
>Unlock Criteria met: Complete an objective!
>Unlock Criteria met: Obtain at least one SP!
>Something shifts within your bond. New information has revealed itself to you.


>"...She?" the pinkette questions.

>"It's nothing of your concern. Now step aside, girl, or else you will experience the full wrath of the Angel of Destruction."

>"H-Hey! First of all my name isn't girl, it's Sara!" she frowns, "Second, uh... n-no matter who you think you are, I can't just let you walk by... I-I'll get in trouble too if I did that!"

>"...Voices, er... voice... May I blast her now?"

>"...Voice???" Sara blinks in confusion, looking around the room for the presence of anyone else.
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on May 31, 2022, 11:33:54 PM
>Please don't hurt her too bad. She gave us a decent boon.

>We got a point.  It can be used to help you recover your power or saved up to give you an ability.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 01, 2022, 01:03:53 AM
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)
>Please don't hurt her too bad. She gave us a decent boon.
>"...I did not see her give me anything."

>"I did whatnow?" Sara questions.

>We got a point.  It can be used to help you recover your power or saved up to give you an ability.
>"A... point...?" Sariel blinks, "Explain."

>Sara glances around in confusion once more, "...Who are you even talking to???"
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 01, 2022, 01:12:49 AM
>Right, it seems by completing quests we get a point that can used to help you.

>For some reason it is called a SP. No idea what it stands for.

>Here is what is says about spending the SP.
Quote from:  System
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.

>I'm not aware of more than this.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 01, 2022, 11:22:24 PM
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)

>Right, it seems by completing quests we get a point that can used to help you.

>For some reason it is called a SP. No idea what it stands for.

>Here is what is says about spending the SP.
>I'm not aware of more than this.
>Sariel winces as a sound of static fills her brain in the middle of your message.
>"What in Shinki's name was that?!" she frowns.

<Injecting information meant for your eyes only can be potentially dangerous. Telling your charge about what you can do is fine, though directly feeding the information to her in that specific manner is forbidden. Consider yourselves warned.>

<...Or yourself, in this case. The single voice that still stands alone...>

<A shame, really. Things have just started to become interesting and yet only one member of the collective remains committed...>

<One day. I will wait one more day of your time, and not a moment more, before we must discuss the fate of this experiment...>

>Sara simply fidgets nervously in her position. "Why is it always the nutjobs..."
>_

Time remaining until thread fate discussion due to too few players:
[ Expired ]
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 01, 2022, 11:53:56 PM
>That static was a filter for information directly transmitted to you that I need to say

>It was saying that a point can be used to help restore your strength, and 5 + plus to give you an ability where the points above 5 indicate strength.

>We should hurry.  The system will be discussing the link due to the lack of others.

>I'll try to help accelerate your recovery

[X]Spend point on speedy recovery
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on June 01, 2022, 11:59:30 PM
>That static was a filter for information directly transmitted to you that I need to say

>It was saying that a point can be used to help restore your strength, and 5 + plus to give you an ability where the points above 5 indicate strength.

>We should hurry.  The system will be discussing the link due to the lack of others.

>I'll try to help accelerate your recovery

[X]Spend point on speedy recovery

[X] Don't. Interject amidst the presented options of the previous voice.

> Do not worry about it, Sariel, it does not pertain to you directly. We apologize for the discomfort.
> Now, from what I've considered, it will be best for you to think of us as your guides. We don't control you, and neither do you control us, but having another perspective on the world is useful, is it not? ...Well, when you don't get harmed through a slip of the tongue.

> Despite no control over the other on either side, cooperation with us will be in your best interest, even if you do decide to betray and disregard us later.
> I can understand your impatience, but I'll make it worth your time if you can spare a bit of patience for us. First off, apologize to Sara, introduce yourself to her respectively, that is, without thinking of her as a lower being. We will proceed from there.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 12:20:07 AM
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)

>That static was a filter for information directly transmitted to you that I need to say
> Do not worry about it, Sariel, it does not pertain to you directly. We apologize for the discomfort.
>"I see..." she frowns, "Your voice has a slight echo to it again. I suppose you are no longer alone?"

> Now, from what I've considered, it will be best for you to think of us as your guides. We don't control you, and neither do you control us, but having another perspective on the world is useful, is it not? ...Well, when you don't get harmed through a slip of the tongue.
>"I suppose..." she considers for a moment, "...Why me anyway? Could you not have chosen literally anyone else to... 'guide'?"

> Despite no control over the other on either side, cooperation with us will be in your best interest, even if you do decide to betray and disregard us later.
> I can understand your impatience, but I'll make it worth your time if you can spare a bit of patience for us. First off, apologize to Sara, introduce yourself to her respectively, that is, without thinking of her as a lower being. We will proceed from there.
>"Without thinking of her as... ...But she is a lower being is she not?" Sariel tilts her head.

>"H-Hey! Being Makai's gatekeeper is an important title to have you know!" Sara frowns.
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on June 02, 2022, 12:36:41 AM
> Humble us. Go on. It won't kill you, will it? It's not as though we're asking you to look up to her as someone better.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 02, 2022, 03:11:05 AM
>It would be beneficial if you can get her to look the other way.

>If you beat her then that could lead Makai sending people after you because of the treaty.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 03:44:55 AM
Countdown postponed.
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)

> Humble us. Go on. It won't kill you, will it? It's not as though we're asking you to look up to her as someone better.
>It would be beneficial if you can get her to look the other way.

>If you beat her then that could lead Makai sending people after you because of the treaty.
>Sariel frowns as she processes your words.
>"Hmph... Very well."
>She quickly snaps her gaze over to Sara, who flinches at the sudden eye contact.

>"I... apologize... for earlier..."

>"U-Um... okay???" Sara backs off slightly, "I-I still can't let you through without the required documents..."

>"..." Sariel says nothing, but redirects her gaze to a random spot on the wall behind Sara.

>"Um..." the pinkette shifts awkwardly, "Are you okay...?"

>"..."

>"...What are you staring at?"

>"..."

>The gatekeeper slowly begins to turn around. As soon as she does so, Sariel immediately springs into action, launching herself towards the red swirl in the center of the room with a thrust of her wings that has the added effect of throwing Sara off balance from the sheer force of the gust.

>"H-Hey! Wait! Stop!" Sara scrambles as she recovers, but by then Sariel was already being enveloped in a red light...

>Sariel emerges from the portal inside of a large cavern, before calmly stepping off the platform and making her way towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

>"You were right. Making her look the other way was beneficial... Perhaps I should use that tactic on fools more often."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on June 02, 2022, 03:58:19 AM
> It would do us well if we learned more about the current Makai as well, not just-
> ...
> ...Well, this is disappointing. I've underestimated your impatience. No, my apologies. Rather, I underestimated the other voice's influence.
> No, no. This won't do. This complicates things much more than intended. It will be difficult for me to invest in meaningful contribution at this rate without incurring losses myself.
> Defer to the other guide. Perhaps they already have a plan to make something of this predicament.
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 04:18:04 AM
SP: 1
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)
> It would do us well if we learned more about the current Makai as well, not just-
> ...
> ...Well, this is disappointing. I've underestimated your impatience. No, my apologies. Rather, I underestimated the other voice's influence.
> No, no. This won't do. This complicates things much more than intended. It will be difficult for me to invest in meaningful contribution at this rate without incurring losses myself.
> Defer to the other guide. Perhaps they already have a plan to make something of this predicament.
>"...Did I do something wrong?" Sariel blinks, "I apologized, made her look the other way, and refrained from beating her. Is that not what you asked?"
>"Also my apologies if it was primarily the other voice's influence. You all sound similar to me."
>_
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 02, 2022, 04:34:52 AM
>I had access to more information about Gensokyo.  It seemed like the logical place to go.

>I could end my speeches with Ph if that helps. Ph

>What do you see?

//What was your plan Neo?
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 05:36:04 AM
Countdown resumed...
[ Expired ]

//Just in case...
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2022, 11:41:37 PM
//I take full blame for what happened to this quest.
============
>Connection lost. (ADMIN INTERRUPT)

<So...>

<It appears the time has come. For a moment there it actually seemed like there was a chance for the experiment to continue, but I suppose not all members of the collective can be satisfied with every outcome...>

<Therefore, it has come to this. I will offer you three choices on what should be done moving forward.>

<The simplest solution would be to abandon the experiment entirely. Perhaps it was never meant to be revived in the first place... Choose this option, and this "thread" as you call it will be closed forever, and you will never have to speak with a being such as myself ever again.>

<The second solution, as previously proposed, is a restart of the experiment. You will be allowed to select a new charge and Guidance can begin anew with a subject every voice can be happy with. However, the penalty for this is that Sariel will no longer be an option moving forward. Additionally, all Special Points that you have accumulated thus far will need to be reset to zero.>

<Finally, you could simply just continue, though given the circumstances I am unsure if you'd even want to...>

<Make your choice. You have 48 hours of your time to come to a unanimous decision. (Or a majority, should a third voice somehow decide to join during this time.)>

<Should there be no consensus at the end of the discussion period, or no replies at all. I will default to abandoning the experiment.>

Time Remaining:
[ Expired ]
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Neovereign on June 03, 2022, 12:52:09 AM
<I would say just continue, but both of the votes for the current character were from players that aren't following this anymore. Unless they return or Phil wants to stick with Sariel anyways, it makes the most sense to Restart.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 03, 2022, 02:11:04 AM
<I'm OK with restarting.  I would like to spend the point on healing Sariel before getting a new character.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 03, 2022, 03:18:27 AM
<...It appears a consensus has been reached quicker than anticipated.>

<Very well, the experiment will be restarted.>

<Before then, may I ask why you wish to spend the point? It's not as if it would affect the outcome of the next iteration.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 03, 2022, 03:38:26 AM
<A farewell gift.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 03, 2022, 04:11:30 AM
<... ... ... ...>

<Very well. That SP would've been zeroed out in the next iteration anyway.>

===========

(SP spent.)

>Sariel stopped in place for a moment as a year's worth of strength recovery surges through her body, the cracks in her wand partially mending and a feeling of power exudes from her six wings for but a brief moment.

>She questioned the voices in her head regarding her sudden and unexplained recovery, but received no reply as the collective's presence faded from her mind for the final time...

>After waiting several minutes for an answer, Sariel eventually shrugged, before continuing on her way...

>End(?)

==================

<A new "thread" shall be created to support the restart. Please "wait warmly" as they say.>
Title: Re: Guidance Quest
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 03, 2022, 04:30:44 AM
//New thread. (https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=373.0)