Author Topic: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread  (Read 92034 times)

commandercool

• altered ego
Re: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2020, 05:38:19 AM »
I have something like 370 pulls ready for Summer Kyoko and room to squeeze out a few more tonight and tomorrow. Really hoping that'll be enough to get four of her. I tend to have pretty bad luck with pulls, but I've never had the opportunity to do this many at one time so maybe my luck will even out.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »
Alright, I had 393 pulls saved up and ended up using 359 of them. That got me four summer Kyokos, an Ui, and three of the 4* event memoria. Basically couldn't have gone better!

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2020, 09:28:49 PM »
Aahhh, that's great! Congrats!

I LOOK FORWARD TO USING HER FROM YOUR SUPPORT TEAM

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2020, 11:41:56 PM »
Woohoo, took 50 pulls but now I'm running in the 90s

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2020, 07:12:27 PM »
Huh, apparently there's a different Limit Break memoria in the Iroha/Yachiyo event shop; Limit Breaker lets you ascend only 3* memoria while Limit Breaking Core lets you only ascend 4*. I thought it just lets you ascend any memoria but nope, they made two different ones that affect 3* and 4* only.
There's a lot of memoria in the event shop but I don't know what to get D: sucks I can't get the backgrounds in the ticket shop without rolling on the banner, but I just have no interest in duo units.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2020, 09:35:11 PM »
You can get everything except for the potion sets assuming that the story missions continue handing out 3 medals each. You should probably buy in order of priority in case it's less than expected, though.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2020, 08:28:50 AM »
Bad news: we ain't getting Part 2, apparently the NA server is going to shut down on 9/29...

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
I'm absolutely devastated to hear that. It's something I've always been a little worried about because the game clearly isn't a smash hit. I haven't spent tons and tons of money on it or anything but I try to support it financially in bits and pieces and so do both of my roommates, so I was hoping that would be enough.

I can't say I'm honestly shocked but that's... very upsetting. I genuinely love the characters and the story, in many ways I think Magia Record is a worthy successor to Madoka Magica in a way that only a mobile game can do.

At this point I guess all I can hope for is that the game continues to live on in JP and someone can provide us with updates on what happens to our girls...

Edit: Probably against my better judgment, a buddy has talked me into giving the JP version a try. I don't speak Japanese, but hopefully with event translations and an existing knowledge of how to play the game I can get by. I'll get it set up later and see how it feels I guess.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:12:05 PM by commandercool »

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »
GG. This is what happens when you rush everything and burn out everybody from players to employees.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
I recommend joining the discord for sure if you're trying JP. There's a channel for the translations and plans to ramp up the availability of translation/provide translated story for the new EN server refugees. https://discord.gg/magiarecord

I myself have only just started JP today ;_; There's double exp/mirror coins/support points until Sept 7th, and tons of free pulls, so it's a good time to start, at least...? On Sept 1st the "Choose your girl" and "choose your memoria" gachas will start, and they include limited girls as well. If you clear all the story content and a ton of mirror layers within 10 days you might even be able to hit 300 gacha coins for a girl of choice, since there'll be 140 freebies, but, that might be a bit too tall of an order.

All the free lv50 memoria from the current event are a nice starting boon too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:35:51 PM by Serela »

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2020, 09:01:59 PM »
Unfortunately for me I can't start over and move to JP because I won't have enough room on my phone for all that part 2 content. My old computer doesn't like emulators either, given how this game has overheated my phone a few times I can tell it's not going to end well. The parting hurts, especially the few bucks I spent on getting Kazumi, Mito and Homura. I'll never forget all the supports you guys provided over the year.

I'll still keep up with whatever happens since I help out with the main Madoka wiki at least. I can't feel sad, I'm just completely baffled at why it has to happen now and I still don't understand it.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »
You can save a few gigabytes of space if you don't download voices, and more for not downloading videos (which almost exclusively play for pulling a new girl anyway so w/e youtube it) but maybe you were already doing that.

But yeahhh it sucks. I don't mind regrinding through story TOO much but ughhh I lost everything and all my saved rolls and now I have barely anyone and all my plans for being a power player in content like kimochi and ranked mirrors is done for.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2020, 06:16:21 PM »
Honestly just doesn't seem worth it for me to lose two years of progress and try to catch up to 4 years worth...

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »
You can save a few gigabytes of space if you don't download voices, and more for not downloading videos (which almost exclusively play for pulling a new girl anyway so w/e youtube it) but maybe you were already doing that.
Indeed I was, though I allowed voices for the main story because hearing silence didn't make it very engaging. There was also an instance of the game downloading the videos for the Walpurgisnacht raid despite the fact that I disabled videos.
I was tempted to try putting the game on an SD card since that has more space, but the game by default will always use internal storage and putting it on an SD card could result in corruption.

Honestly just doesn't seem worth it for me to lose two years of progress and try to catch up to 4 years worth...
This is another reason why I'm not feeling up to moving to JP. NA's closing demotivated me instantly from even trying to consider catching up on JP because it's gonna take a hell of a lot of time and effort even with the events they got going on right now. The hoops I have to go through to install JP on my phone also intimidates me.

Only benefits is using Arc 2 girls and hopefully getting Yozuru, but I won't be able to get my exclusive girls such as Kaoru or my backgrounds back.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2020, 02:12:20 PM »
Alright, got my JP installed. Recovered Most Important Girl Mitama with my freebie 4*, but man, I have no idea what's going on. I haven't joined the Discord yet but I will soon and hopefully that'll help me navigate.

Installing JP isn't hard, it was less hassle than I expected. Although we'll see if the installation gives me any trouble in the future.

I don't even think I'm really going to try to catch up to where I was before with super maxed out versions of all of my favorite characters and optimal memoria and stuff. I'll just focus on Mitama for now and level the core cast since they're all common. Poor Swimsuit Kyoko, I hardly knew ye...

https://twitter.com/beefbulgogi/status/1299503874298920960

That hurts. It hurts but it's canon. :D

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »
I haven't joined the Discord yet but I will soon and hopefully that'll help me navigate.
Oh definitely, there's always people you can ask for stuff and there's lots of pinned advice and whatnot.

Don't miss out on the daily free pulls for a rate-up girl of choice! Currently double exp/ap/mirror coins/etc too.

JP's daily reset is at 11am est, btw. Maintennance is only an hour before NA had theirs though, 2am est. It feels weird how unsynced it is.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
I noticed the free ten-pulls but I didn't realize they were daily. I missed at least one day of that then and I accidentally picked New Years Mitama instead of regular Mitama, but I'll make sure I don't miss any more pulls.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »
Kazumi's event is actually getting a rerun and Umika is finally getting an uncap. Now to see if her Witch's name will be a google translate-esque one or regular.

I feel so tempted now :'c but I don't wanna delete the English app on my phone since I'm trying to screencap some stuff and just grind whatever to unlock as many Doppels as I can for my own enjoyment. Game's already experiencing a lot of lag ever since they opened up all the story archives too.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »
Walking the Same Path memoria again from the event except IT'S MAX LIMIT BROKEN THIS TIME AAAAA YES

And they gave larger-than-normal stocks of materials in the event shop too, plus every element orbs+books, they're actually pampering the new NA players it's so great. Farming the currency on this event is super fast because they bumped up the bonus on the shop memos but there's still 20 of them.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2020, 01:44:54 AM »
When farming on JP I keep finding myself wondering "Why can't I find anyone with Ashley?" and then I remember, she dead forever.

Incidentally does anyone know how the stamp rally thing in the quest tab works? Is there a list of all of the requirements somewhere?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2020, 01:16:54 AM »
Ashley will probably release in JP sooner or later, since EN is dead. Can't imagine them letting all the assets they already created for her go to waste. Blast isn't particularly meta in JP for much though, and there's already far better blasters for clearing through endless mirrors, so I can only imagine what busted thing they'll give her in SE to give JP players a reason to pull.

Stamp Card 1
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594555948127748096/749638506153771043/stampcard1_en.png
Stamp Card 2
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594555948127748096/749638810001735680/stampcard2_en.png

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »
Ah excellent, thanks. I really gotta get on that Discord, maybe I'll do that tonight.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2020, 04:52:15 AM »
Apparently the English server shut down has been extended from 9/29 to 10/30, and they're gonna give us a gallery to view our girls after the service ends. Very interesting...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2020, 06:15:25 AM »
Friendly reminder for those of us who are going to go get Gallery Mode; estimated release date is 10/20, and you must get the download before the server close. (EDIT: Additional note; you won't be able to transfer data after the update; so if you want your gallery on another device, do so now.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:06:11 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2020, 04:58:18 AM »
Final reminder: MagiReco EN will end service approximately 27 hours from the time of this post. If you are going to use Gallery Mode, you have to download the update and log into the game at least once before then. (If you're transferring to another device, make sure you download the videos, too, so you can watch the transformations!)

You'll only have the girls you've actually obtained, though, so...

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2020, 10:47:34 AM »
I managed to save and archive a zip file of all my data before the server ended, so if I ever feel like going to that in-progress proxy server someone's working on I can pull up my file and get all my stuff back. In the meantime my girls will remain asleep.

Seems like Gallery Mode is busted since Aniplex can't code; images are still broken, transformation vids aren't working and there's a different font type being used that makes it look crappy. Nice going Aniplex.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »
I've been unable to really use my remaining summons, every time I try the game crashes before I see my summon results and parsing out what happened every time is annoying and slow. I'll give it another try before tonight, but a lot of stuff seems to be very broken.

JP is going fine, experience gems have been the main bottleneck for getting competent teams running but I've more or less been playing events so far. I wish event translations happened faster so I could read as I play along, but it makes sense that they don't. Obviously I'm just thankful anyone is translating at all since it seems like a big job for an amateur.