Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473566 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 3)
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »
Coolio.
Got anything to add other than an OMGUS?

do you? thats what im asking

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2020, 11:02:04 PM »
Uh, what?
I'm the one saying that "hey your plan to reveal a whole bunch of information to the scumteam (and sk) is scummy, I think you're scum. Also your Daiya suspicion and raikaria absolution is contradictory at best" with you responding "lol you're tunneling" and you're saying that I've got the OMGUS (Oh My God You Suck) case?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »
Also, @Mod:
Where the heck are the votecounts?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2020, 11:37:16 PM »
DEFCON 3, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Beta

NucleusWaffles (4) - Yaersulf, Bardiche, Serela, Daiya
zwerdjib (3) - Dormio, NucleusWaffles, Abu
Daiya (1) - zwerdjib
Serela (0) -
Beru (0) -
Dormio (0) -
Yaersulf (0) -
Bardiche (0) -
meow56 (0) -
Raikaria (0) -
Chihiro Fujisaki (0) -
Abu (0) -

Not Voting (4) - Beru, meow56, Raikaria, Chihiro Fujisaki

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

[ Expired ]

Beru has been prodded.
I still need a replacement for Chihiro
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:39:58 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2020, 12:06:02 AM »
Uh, what?
I'm the one saying that "hey your plan to reveal a whole bunch of information to the scumteam (and sk) is scummy, I think you're scum. Also your Daiya suspicion and raikaria absolution is contradictory at best" with you responding "lol you're tunneling" and you're saying that I've got the OMGUS (Oh My God You Suck) case?

but like... ive already explained all of this. nothing new has come out of this discussion youre having with me. and ive already explained why townreading raikaria does not contradict scumreading daiya.

youre tunneling. this is a fact. get over it. everyone has done it at some point.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2020, 12:12:52 AM »
I mean it doesn't change my opinion so I'm reiterating it?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2020, 12:37:51 AM »
I mean it doesn't change my opinion so I'm reiterating it?

this is going in circles

do you want to just stop

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:02 AM »
Sure but my vote isn't moving for the time being.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2020, 03:22:00 AM »
ah I forgot about this game

hewwo what is going on my dudes. any hot takes

beru

• im gay
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2020, 03:32:04 AM »
oh ok I remember why I suddenly stopped caring

people like nuclear make me not want to play on this forum. nice first impression

can someone eli5 the zeep thing to me because idgi

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2020, 05:47:27 AM »
Mostly a prod dodge here. Still haven't seen anything which I think is bad enough to make a case about, although seeing as today is a day off for me and my last before deadline, I'll definitely try and make some sort of case on who I think is worst at the time before Tuesday ends [In Britland].

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2020, 07:03:54 AM »
yis, he came in at gamestart claiming some wild role and requesting that everyone reveal their genders so that he could, use it optimally, for the town's sake. this eventually led to a staged (improved?) counterclaim with him and his scumbuddy celery in which i sided with nucleus (gave him the insanity pass) and felt very silly afterwards

tl;dr he likes gambits and everything confusing
very much improv, when I told waffles to not claim, and if he had to claim in near future claim cop, and then he claimed some crazy role immediately and without checking with scumbuddies lmao

I feel like I should be responding to his posts here because I'm voting him but it feels like he's going on an animal spirit guide journey and I don't even know what to make of this :S Other than that there's a couple slapfights going on but I don't think they're very interesting? Why is d1 literally a week long, there really should be more pressure so we can huddle onto something for consolidation and then at least have stuff to argue about for d2

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2020, 11:29:21 AM »
Serela: “there should be more pressure”
Also Serela: not putting more pressure anywhere

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2020, 12:16:21 PM »
i meant deadline pressure ;_;

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
I feel like all the spats going on right now are just meaningless noise
like, part of the reason i just fell into "whatever I'm exhausted and busy and I'm going to post later" is because I read the thread and this was my exact opinion

so I thought, ok i'm going to come back later and
A.be less exhausted hopefully
B.maybe something more will have happened or I'm just missing stuff because I'm tired

the reality is nah i just came back later to actually have enough energy to read the thread three times to confirm my previous opinion of not caring about anything going on

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2020, 01:42:58 PM »
##Vote: Serela

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2020, 06:24:15 PM »
daiya

i want to believe you scumread me for this

but

this reads more as "you hurt my pride" than "i think youre scum"

like you havent been trying to move the game forward. youre just repeating what youve said before. you made a decent link between nucleus and his previous games, but thats all. youre kind of frozen.

insulting your pride appears to be the best way to get you to do things

- cut by asking for a submarine claim. dont think it changes anything
it should read as "your case on me is bs"

when your main sample of me is spending an entire game getting hunted for playing passively as town, it makes it hard to believe that it's a meta read, as you claimed. the reasoning there doesn't fit. if it was just "daiya is playing passively", then cool. brings you back to square one, though: singling me out and ignoring ppl like yaer meow serel.

I'm not sure what to do here, other people seem to have the zwerdjib angle covered, and while it's really easy to just poke Nucleus and have weird seemingly incriminating words come out I'm not sure how much that's worth doing before it just becomes redundant noise.

Nobody else seems to have done anything suspicious, so I guess I'll just try to make people say words.

Meow what are your thoughts on the unfolding zwerdjib saga seeing as you were early to raise suspicions about that.

And what do people in general think about how sure Nucleus seems to be that Raikaria is town, do you think that means anything?
thanks for poking meow, i'm always down to hear more from them

wdym by "other people have the zwerdjib angle covered", though. doesn't mean you can't comment on it yourself.

i don't particularly like how safe you're doing things. the idea of no one else doing anything suspicious means that everyone else is a null for you, right? surely some people seem townier than others. it isn't all about indicting someone.

nucleus reading hard blue on raik is kinda weird. the reasoning isn't sound, but idt it means much personally? does seem like something that he'd believe regardless of alignment

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2020, 06:39:34 PM »

unorganized thoughts, but don't skim plx:

slight town on bard, i like the earlier push he made on zwerd in #94. shows that he's still interested in gamesolving despite the reservations that he might have about doing that.

dormio's strange. he's pretty lax in regards to game involvement, even when he's present. interactions with zwerd seem pretty genuine to me though, so i don't see them being the same alignment if either one were to flip red. reading town atm since i don't feel too great about zwerd, but he's worth keeping an eye on otherwise.

slight scum on yaer, as mentioned before i don't like his "no one is being sus" excuse and aversion to giving thoughts on zwerd. seems like a mindset more geared towards building cases than gamesolving. it"s a slight distinction, but an important one.

serela is just as dodgy wrt content, so i like bard's vote on him. both are pretty settled on nucleus, which isn't really a hard thing to do. the way that he confirmed the existence of the sub does seem kind of good to me, but i suppose it could've been a move to gain easy town cred and seem helpful. @raikaria, is that something he'd do? anyone else who knows him well can answer too, i suppose.

i do agree that we shouldn't drag this phase out the whole five days. no reason to rush things, though. there's still a bunch of people who haven't said much. i do personally think the big nuke should take prio over zwerd if nothing changes. leaving a potential sk around while he's got a silo claim could easily blow up in our faces. it's easy lynching, though. anyone could say "nuke's insane" and vote for him. wouldn't leave us with much content, at the end of the day. do kind of wanna vote yaer rn, but i'd rather wait for his response, and putting pressure on serela is more feasible atm.

##unvote

##vote: serela

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #261 on: June 02, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »
trying to figure out dormio's posting restriction

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »
Ok yeah that's fair, I suppose it'd be more accurate to revise that to "I agree that zwerdjib looks suspicious, but not as suspicious as Nucleus, and I'm not sure what I could contribute to the case on him that more experienced players aren't already doing better than I could." And as for me thinking nobody really looks suspicious other than those two, I've tried rereading and looking for stuff but if there's something there I'm missing it, though I'm not even too sure what it is I'm supposed to be looking for. This is only my second game so I'm still not sure exactly what scuminess looks like at this point in the game. Except in obvious cases like Nucleus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »
DEFCON 3, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Charlie

NucleusWaffles (2) - Yaersulf,  Serela
zwerdjib (3) - Dormio, NucleusWaffles, Abu
Serela (2) - Bardiche, Daiya
Daiya (1) - zwerdjib
Beru (0) -
Dormio (0) -
Yaersulf (0) -
Bardiche (0) -
meow56 (0) -
Raikaria (0) -
Chihiro Fujisaki (0) -
Abu (0) -

Not Voting (4) - Beru, meow56, Raikaria, Chihiro Fujisaki

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

[ Expired ]

I still need a replacement for Chihiro
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
Screw it, I know I promised Nucleus I'd park my vote on him but I may as well do something productive with it.

##Unvote
##Vote:Beru

Stop lurking and weigh in on things.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2020, 09:27:33 PM »
you can promote a strat that is antitown and still be town it just means you shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of anything

tho, this zeep isn't that different from last time I played with zeep where he was a wolf so idk. last time a lot of people let zeep be wolfy because they thought he was naturally wolfy but they'd also never played a game with him before...

uh if everyone else also thinks that nuclear is itp we should lynch him and, if u are thinking about this right now, no the fact that he could still win while dead should not be a deterrent to lynch him ok?

yeah those are some thoughts. I have dedicated 0 braincells to this game so here u go

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2020, 09:40:14 PM »
uh if everyone else also thinks that nuclear is itp we should lynch him and, if u are thinking about this right now, no the fact that he could still win while dead should not be a deterrent to lynch him ok?

What makes you think Nuclear is itp so early on?

slight scum on yaer, as mentioned before i don't like his "no one is being sus" excuse and aversion to giving thoughts on zwerd. seems like a mindset more geared towards building cases than gamesolving. it"s a slight distinction, but an important one.

serela is just as dodgy wrt content, so i like bard's vote on him. both are pretty settled on nucleus, which isn't really a hard thing to do. the way that he confirmed the existence of the sub does seem kind of good to me, but i suppose it could've been a move to gain easy town cred and seem helpful. @raikaria, is that something he'd do? anyone else who knows him well can answer too, i suppose.

I'm not sure why of all people Daiya is appealing to be for information on other players. It does seem somewhat like a Serela thing to do however, it's... well... wafflely. It almost seems like something Serela intended almost by accident.

Also; it's worth mentioning anyone who didn't get their first choice can confirm the existence of a role in the game. I can confirm that Fighter is in the game, as I missed out on this role myself.

I think this is a good way for us to sus out which roles are in the game without giving scum too much info on who is what role. Far better than a massclaim at least. Like; Mafia know I'm not Fighter and Serela isnt Sub, but they don't know who *is* those roles, or if Serela/Me are just silos or some other PR.

Also; combining with my curiosity as to why Daiya is reffering to me about Serela... his beef with yaer could basically be applied to me. Yet not only am I not given as a scumread, but if Daiya is asking me specifically for meta info instead of Dormio or some other long-term player, that suggests Daiya trusts me?

I find this a little odd. Especially with how much Daiya is pushing 'gamesolving'. Part of gamesolving is making a case to convince everyone else you've solved the game.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2020, 09:41:43 PM »
Also I know I said I'd vote but the worst thing I've seen so far is Zeep's massclaim suggestion which I still see as misguided town rather than scum.

I mean if I had to vote I'd vote for Zeep due to that... but I don't think it's worth voting andI actually think such a vote considering MotK D1 habits would do more harm than good.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »
Also I know I said I'd vote but the worst thing I've seen so far is Zeep's massclaim suggestion which I still see as misguided town rather than scum.

I mean if I had to vote I'd vote for Zeep due to that... but I don't think it's worth voting andI actually think such a vote considering MotK D1 habits would do more harm than good.

who

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2020, 11:06:45 PM »
Isn't Zwedjib pushing for an anti-town strat then saying a guy argueing against said strat is town logical?

God I wish more people would post more stuff to give me things to actually comment on while I'm here.
ah it was because you said this. you wanted something to do, and i figured you'd be the most available to respond

guess that is a fair point about you and yaer being similar. i was more focused on him since he was openly parking on an easy target, so you flew under my radar in that regard

i support the idea of confirming roles. don't have much to contribute in that regard, unfortunately