Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473363 times)

Bardiche

• iSuck
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 2)
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2020, 10:09:55 AM »
I should probably talk about Zwerdjib but I still think he's scummy for refusing to do much more than active lurk, and only deciding to be active at the 11th hour.
Would be down to lynch Nucleus, Serela, Zwerd in that exact order, but could be persuaded to slot in Yaersulf depending on his next post(s).

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
anyway i put down a vote and some thoughts

peace out m8s

Kidding, but I really should get to work on my next deadline EVEN THOUGH THE DOCTORS SAID I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO WORK AGAIN HAHAHAHAHA imgoingforasecondcollapseholdmybeer

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:34 AM »
You were a shining beacon of sanity, disappeared, and returned as my shining light in these trying times.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
cool come vote nucleus

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2020, 10:30:56 AM »
BTW between Yaer/Zwerd I favour lynching Zwerd ofc.

Yaer is Nucleus lite in terms of holding opinions but at least he's honest in that he doesn't really have strong suspicions, and I guess his NK flub can be seen as Scum trying to out a doctor but it'd be so... weak and bad it's laughable to treat it as anything but an earnest moment of "whups".

« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2020, 11:11:27 AM »

Can you explain for me, Yaer, why you just didn't talk about him much? Like others said, it's like you've been avoiding saying much on Zwerd while keeping the option open. You said you were DTL Abu and Meow but why haven't you expanded on that much since then either?

It looks like you had some opinions but don't care enough to hold them particularly long, so I'm interested in an explanation for this odd behaviour.

Yeah in hindsight I probably should have more clearly expressed my opinion on Zwerd. As I've said before my thoughts on him D1 were something along the lines of "Based on what more experienced players have said about his massclaim idea I agree he seems suspicious, and I'm happy with how Dormio is pressuring him and don't feel like I could add to this meaningfully." But then I didn't really convey that very well, iirc I just said something like "I agree he's suspicious." Then as he starting active lurking stand-offishly I grew more and more suspicious of him but never really clearly expressed that when I should have. Twice even I was actually going to make a post that probably would have included Zwerd words but decided I was too tired and it wasn't that important seeing as I didn't think that people really needed persuading that Zwerd was suspicious.

Basically I made the mistake of assuming that the ways in which Zwerd was suspicious were so obvious that they could go without saying. But now I'm finding that's not a very good way of looking at things in mafia is it? Assumptions are the mother of all fire truck-ups once again.

As for Abu and Meow; Abu I was just poking because he was lurking and then he didn't respond to things, and at the time I said he was DTL iirc I was in the process of trying to get him to stop ignoring me and actually say words. Wasn't much more to it than that.

Meow I don't really have anything super concrete on other than his weird reads lists that always seem to have Zwerd as town for some reason. And weird priorities on who's scum (though I might be a bit biased on that last bit seeing as I was his top scumread.) Basically I thought he was worth pressuring because he looked the most scummy of the not-obviously-suspicious people at the time (the obviously-suspicious people being Nucleus and Zwerd).

« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »
Oh and as for Nucleus, I'm 100% happy to lynch him. I just think Zwerd should come first because we'll get more information out of that (even if that information might be bad for me :V)

And I don't know the full story but, Bard I hope you're alright, and please take care of yourself.

« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2020, 11:23:25 AM »
Though I guess if we lynch Nucleus and he's third party that gets rid of a NK, and if we lynch Zwerd  and he's scum that doesn't get rid of a NK.

Hmmm.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2020, 11:41:50 AM »
DEFCON 2, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Mike

zwerdjib (4) - Dormio,  Raikaria, Serela, Zoomy Tsugumi, Yaersulf, Daiya
Yaersulf (3) -  NucleusWaffles, zwerdjib, Raikaria, meow56, Zoomy Tsugumi
NucleusWaffles (1) - Yaersulf, Bardiche
Serela (0) - Bardiche
Raikaria (0) - Zoomy Tsugumi
meow56 (0) - Yaersulf
Bardiche (0) - Serela, Yaersulf
Zoomy Tsugumi (0) -
Beru (0) - 
Daiya (0) -
Dormio (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Beru, meow56, Zoomy Tsugumi

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

[ Expired ]

I still need a replacement for Beru
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:46:48 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2020, 11:55:48 AM »
cool come vote nucleus
But I want to lynch zwerdjib more. D:

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2020, 12:02:16 PM »
But I want to lynch zwerdjib more. D:

D:

Be my shining light as well, what do you think about Selery and Yaersulf

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2020, 12:11:30 PM »
I know people have said that they think that Selery is scummy but I don't really see it myself.
Yaersulf I can see as being scummy individually as well as not liking the interactions between him and zwerdjib.

Also, the thing about NuclearWaffles is that I'm pretty sure he's going to be nuked at the soonest possible opportunity.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
I mean I’d be DTL Zwerd but if Nucleus just sets his silo to defensive how u gonna nuke him lol

I think we should lynch/10 him.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2020, 01:08:23 PM »
Anyway, zwerdjib's attempt to force a 1v1 between himself and Yaersulf (when Yaersulf was already the leading counterwagon) seems like a really last-ditch effort to try to cast suspicion away from himself. I like my vote where it is.

If you had read the page you would realize this was in response to Yaer doing more or less the same; but your ignorance to the game is noted.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »
Glad Zwerdjib decided to break the flow on DEFCON2. Not sure I'm entirely fond of leaning on Raikaria/Zoomy opinions for reads on others, especially on Yaer. Like, literally, "vote Yaer, trust me" followed by "Zoomy made the case for me, plus it's similar to Ys gameplay." Also don't really like, "Daiya's content is lacking" and then two lines later "Nevermind he's fine."

This is ironic because until now, almost no effort was put in.

It’s a thought process. A progression. You’ll realize a shift throughout the post. That’s mostly the point of it.

As for why it has to be Yaer... I don’t remember. Desolé.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
I was gonna post but I collapsed and wound up in the hospital lol

I'm going through the thread and trying to gather my thoughts, but isn't Bulletproof the sort of thing you don't claim, so you can draw the Scum/3P NK and survive anyway? Silly Zwerdjib.

ok to be fair i didnt actually realize it was equivalent to bp townie until i was told :v

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #586 on: June 10, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
I mean I’d be DTL Zwerd but if Nucleus just sets his silo to defensive how u gonna nuke him lol
... I forgot that defensive silos were a thing.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #587 on: June 10, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
But it's okay all that means is that more people have to nuke NuclearWaffles with me.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »
But it's okay all that means is that more people have to nuke NuclearWaffles with me.

is this sk or what

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2020, 01:29:57 PM »
No, lol.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
ok to be fair i didnt actually realize it was equivalent to bp townie until i was told :v

Air Base literally says it includes the NK.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #591 on: June 10, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
Honestly by this point Zwerd why’d you even pick the role then lol

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #592 on: June 10, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Idk, I don't feel confident enough in Nucleus flipping scum to think about lynching him before Zwerd or Yaer personally. It could be that I'm blinded by the eccentricity but I can't see his posts as weird-scum.
Maaaaayybbeee he's the third party, but at the same time his early-mid D2 posts give me a town lean more than anything.

Also Beru should be nuked tomorrow too if that slot doesn't end up modkilled overnight. Everyone's kind of forgotten about them but they didn't really leave on a good note either so nothing's been cleared up re:their alignment. Could easily be scum or even the third party.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:24 PM »
Honestly by this point Zwerd why’d you even pick the role then lol

so mafia wouldnt

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »
OK so:

1: Deadline is while I'm sleeping. I won't be awake at 2am. Sorry.

2: I actually almost forgot Daiya was in the game.

3: I'm not too sure about the merits of a hard 1v1 between Zwerd and Yaer. Perhaps if we're in a hard 1v1 situation, we should use power roles to help determine the correct course of action, and lynch the player that is pretty much universally considered to be a likly 3rd party; Nucleus.

4: But then again there's the argument of nukes on players like Beru, Nucleus and maybe even Daiya. But I'm not really big on the nuke meta.

so mafia wouldnt

But why would mafia pick a bulletproof when the only thing it saves them from is North Korea? Surely Mafia would prioritize other Power Roles. Even Nukes over BP because they know 100% who is not aligned with them so can just launch nukes at will.

If anything Bulletproof is a NK pick to stop them from being killed by the Mafia since their wincon is specifically their own survival...

Wait a second.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »
and im locking myself as town; i expect you to do the same, reader

if i die n1 dont be surprised

and if i dont, ive probably gotten the air base ive wanted

lets hope i dont get the aircraft carrier i want then, yeah?

heh

that's a lie.

it's true that you implied that believed the role would protect you from nukes, but you already spoke of it in the context on preventing you from getting nightkilled before that.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:46 PM »
so mafia wouldnt

It’s the only answer a Townie can give at this point that rhymes with “I claimed asap”.

Kinda wish you’d come up with something convoluted that’d make it easy to say, “Ah yeah, 100% scum” but never an easy road, huh.

Cut by Rai. Air Base also immunes against everything but nukes, so immune investigative roles, too.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #597 on: June 10, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »
Then Daiya comes in with a sweet catch, nice.

Willing to vote Zwerd at this point but I’ll be around for deadline.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #598 on: June 10, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »
Air base - Capable of deploying a wide variety of response aircraft within seconds and fortified to the brink, any infrastructure surrounding the air base becomes incredibly difficult to penetrate. You are immune to all non-nuclear activated abilities, including the factional nightkills.

Yeah going deeper into this:

1: Claiming Air Base as Town just stops mafia shooting you and makes them shoot other townies. Especially as Nukes [And I would expect Mafia to have picked at least one] bypass the defence. Claiming a Silo would be far superior as a Town standpoint, unless you are specifically counter-claiming.

2: Since Nukes bypass Air Base anyway, why would you pick it as Town? Did you miss out on several other PR's? Even then, I'd argue Defensive Silo is superior

3: As I mentioned before; North Korea has to be alive to win; so declareing you are Air Base to discourage Mafia shooting you in the first place seems like a very NK stance tbh. Same with picking Air Base. No other player would immediately lose the game if nightkilled; except North Korea.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #599 on: June 10, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »
Two issues w/ nuke plan:

Defensive silos
Fail Safe

Cut by Rai.
I thought NK won so long as everyone is dead?