Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818918 times)

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Four)
« Reply #2430 on: May 03, 2020, 06:57:39 AM »
My Sister seems to have been a little naughty. I'm unsure about full claiming for everybody but since Disquieted has come out I will say the following. I do have a one shot kill ability. It is not available tonight. And yes Serela, I'm completely sure that my Sister is indeed town aligned.

This fire trucking post right here. Right under our noses, doesn't even pretend to be town. õ_õ

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)
« Reply #2431 on: May 03, 2020, 06:58:52 AM »
I feel ambivalent about this. PX did a great job at fooling me but I really feel like inherently? I had no way of figuring it out. I especially don't have a way of figuring it out when. My daycop is directly countered by giving out a false report. Am I just not supposed to believe the mod's words?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2432 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00:00 AM »
Well, the thing is, this entire game is low power. The strongest town role was the tracker (who died N1).

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #2433 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00:20 AM »

Lesson learned, never assume you’re a Mason when your role doesn’t say you’re a Mason.

Anyway, now that we’re clear of the actual game, should also come out and have my brief say on why I decided to replace out.

See, the truth is, I don’t really mind being called smug. It’s a little annoying for someone to come in and insult you, but nowhere near enough to really set me off. At least one of you thought I was, which is whatever.

Then another decided it was a good idea to heap on another insult, by saying I “thought I was all clever” for trying to hunt scum early Day 1, and how it was tiresome to have to put up with.

“Apologies to Bard, I feel better now” tells me you knew it wasn’t very friendly, but chose to do it anyway because it made you feel good to ad hominem. This is made a bit worse when someone else already thinks I’m pissed off by that point, so... why do it? Why try to piss off someone who may already be pissed off?

At that point, I figured the mood for the game was already set for me. Let me be clear. Mafia is, indeed, a game where you aim to eliminate liars from your midst, and sometimes pissing people off makes them reveal lies.

I don’t play Mafia that way. I don’t think victory justifies all means, and I think we should play the game while being respectful towards eachother.

That means no ad hominem for the sake of it. Preferably no ad hominem at all, even if it’s a winner strategy.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:03:28 AM by Bardiche »

Fabloo

« Reply #2434 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00:57 AM »
Why is scum allowed to no kill as well?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2435 on: May 03, 2020, 07:04:20 AM »
Why wouldn't scum be allowed to idle an action?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2436 on: May 03, 2020, 07:11:10 AM »
Sometimes scum aren't allowed to no-kill, in which case it's explicitly stated in the rules. But it's fair to allow them to idle if they think it's best. We almost idled the kill straight up to d8 5p lylo until banana got modkilled.

This is because fabloo's d8 power was multiple lynches :VVV 3p D8 lylo could seriously be universal loss.

PX did a great job at fooling me but I really feel like inherently? I had no way of figuring it out
If your rolepm doesn't explicitly state they're confirmed town to you, you should absolutely assume they're as likely to be scum as anyone else in the game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #2437 on: May 03, 2020, 07:16:41 AM »
I can't believe I was right on the money with the entire scum team
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #2438 on: May 03, 2020, 07:19:20 AM »
wait a fire trucking second
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2439 on: May 03, 2020, 07:20:47 AM »
Dormio! Why are there 22 role PMs for a 15 player setup?!

When the Goddesses died, the world would fall into chaos. This would mean that (up to) 7 players receive a new role PM. There would, of course, be no alignment changing and most of the changes were VT -> VT. Overall, town would lose power and scum would gain power but it would still be a low power game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #2440 on: May 03, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/sJxS9CahBTfkn

My thoughts quicktopic, because I wanted an out-of-game place to react to the game.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #2441 on: May 03, 2020, 07:36:21 AM »
Side-note I claimed cloudgender early on and I am at once glad and disappointed no one questioned it during the missing gender debacle. ;(

I mean it was just a jape so whatevs.

« Reply #2442 on: May 03, 2020, 07:52:01 AM »
What are you guys thoughts on how I played? Was I wrong to place so much trust in the more experienced players sureness that PX/Fabloo were both town?

Fabloo

« Reply #2443 on: May 03, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
You played fine. Did you feel alienated by some people's presence? Which made you want to internalize or post less?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #2444 on: May 03, 2020, 07:54:01 AM »
Nobody will probably read everything so I will just post some gems here.

>We, the scumteam, unanimously agreed on the zwerdijib NK. Personally, his swearing ticks me off.

>My OTHER NK was on PX, because tragic lovers was bullstrawberries.

>Despite my stance, I am completely baffled at the turnout of events, I did not even realise I was claiming ~third party~ until I reread this game good into D5 to realise, "Wait strawberries, so I was claiming third party?"

>On that note, PX did actually win through sheer determination, turns out with determination everything becomes possible.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #2445 on: May 03, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »
Let the word be known, this is the second game in MoTK history where mafia counterclaimed eachother as a universal backup, broke down, modkilled, and won anyway because tailor fake daycop out.

Bamboo Forest mafia has been boomed I say, boomed.

« Reply #2446 on: May 03, 2020, 08:03:25 AM »
You played fine. Did you feel alienated by some people's presence? Which made you want to internalize or post less?

That's a long story, but suffice to say it's more to do with me and less to do with anybody in the thread. I'm a lurker at heart.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #2447 on: May 03, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
Dormio might want to lynch me for this, but in terms of game balance, I initiated the ##Kill PX command which my teammates voted me off this decision because I never ran it by Serela first.

This is a big what-if, but wow, Serela would have become a permanent vanilliser.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2448 on: May 03, 2020, 08:18:52 AM »
never nightkill your own scum members omg

dormio was literally in the qt saying anyone with qt access was confirmed scum-aligned to dissuade it

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #2449 on: May 03, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
PX claiming night kill reminds me of the time I claimed responsibility for the N1 NK and won.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2450 on: May 03, 2020, 08:45:13 AM »
I considered quitting the game when you said that

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #2451 on: May 03, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »
I considered quitting the game when you said that

Is that to me? We had such good times there.

EDIT:
Re-read that game, and it reminds me of the absolute cuntrag I was towards UncertainKitten, and it makes me regret not having tried better to get along with someone I actually really wanted to get along with. Sigh. This is also why I want to keep the atmosphere pleasant, because I still regret my behaviour from back then, where victory > others' feelings.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:08:11 AM by Bardiche »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2452 on: May 03, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
It was with regards to waffle trying to submit a kill action on him.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #2453 on: May 03, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
I was tormented, to say the least.

I wasn't lying as scum when I honestly asked if its possible complex and simple flavours are put into the same game to discourage metagaming, and asked town really nicely if we can just play mafia instead of playing roles.

Well we won anyway but its honestly nervewrecking.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2454 on: May 03, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »

Sent this to Dormio right before Serela's meltdown :v

Let the word be known, this is the second game in MoTK history where mafia counterclaimed eachother as a universal backup, broke down, modkilled, and won anyway because tailor fake daycop out.

Bamboo Forest mafia has been boomed I say, boomed.

This isn't what happened in Bamboo Forest but go off I guess?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #2455 on: May 03, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »
Lesson learned, never assume you’re a Mason when your role doesn’t say you’re a Mason.

Anyway, now that we’re clear of the actual game, should also come out and have my brief say on why I decided to replace out.

See, the truth is, I don’t really mind being called smug. It’s a little annoying for someone to come in and insult you, but nowhere near enough to really set me off. At least one of you thought I was, which is whatever.

Then another decided it was a good idea to heap on another insult, by saying I “thought I was all clever” for trying to hunt scum early Day 1, and how it was tiresome to have to put up with.

“Apologies to Bard, I feel better now” tells me you knew it wasn’t very friendly, but chose to do it anyway because it made you feel good to ad hominem. This is made a bit worse when someone else already thinks I’m pissed off by that point, so... why do it? Why try to piss off someone who may already be pissed off?

At that point, I figured the mood for the game was already set for me. Let me be clear. Mafia is, indeed, a game where you aim to eliminate liars from your midst, and sometimes pissing people off makes them reveal lies.

I don’t play Mafia that way. I don’t think victory justifies all means, and I think we should play the game while being respectful towards eachother.

That means no ad hominem for the sake of it. Preferably no ad hominem at all, even if it’s a winner strategy.

I just re-read Night of the Vampire mafia, which I assume is the instance which you referred to UncertainKitten.

I want to reassure you, that, if I were a VT converted on D2 to become a mafia goon, I would also be furious and confused because I have been blessed with a traitor status, but also furious with joy because its so unique.

In summary, I think to avoid losing in any case with the Dormio fakeclaim as masons is a great play tactically, and I think you are a great player.

I actually sympathise a bit with being called out specifically on being 'Renko was probably sent to hell'. It was likely unexpectedly hurtful and clearly by being here (and as well as Dormio) we people here are just trying to have a good time.

I don't know but like, I would thank you for trying so hard and appreciate it.

To celebrate this occassion I am delcaring I am theming after fish in my next mafia game here.

« Reply #2456 on: May 03, 2020, 01:52:32 PM »
I think the lesson here is: read your role, and try to understand it.  It says what it says, no more no less.

Also: if the rules don't say "all moderator communication is true" then you're probably gonna get angry at some point.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:01:12 PM by O4rfish »

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #2457 on: May 03, 2020, 02:39:59 PM »
Different game, Waffles. Referring to the one where I said in my signup, “If I roll scum, I will NK UncertainKitten on N1”, then went ahead and did exactly that.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #2458 on: May 03, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »
why was my nk universally agreed on

what

what benefit does it bring you to kill me lolololol im really curious haha

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #2459 on: May 03, 2020, 05:02:04 PM »
i mean im more honored than pissed - even though this is the first time ive rolled town in literal months - and thus i really wanna know what went down here