Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 841304 times)

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Four)
« Reply #2010 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
God this game

So a couple options. We could lynch serela since it seems at this point that he's lying. What would even happen if smartbomb was the first to die? Serela said he replaces anyone of his alignment, but how does that work with a specific backup for jailkeeper?
There's definitely no world you have a specific backup and a universal backup. I think Bananas claim has some glaring holes in it tho'. Like, again, you're a backup and you don't say anything about the multiple claims that can't coexist with you for like a realtime week?

Rai we've been over this, other people don't think me targeting you was strange last I remember. I think you've got some personal bias going on there.

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #2011 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
Fabloo/PX - Town Masons
BBM - Voyeur
Disquieted - Jailkeeper
Banana - Backup to..Disquieted?
Serela - Backup
--
Zwerd - Tracker

That leaves

Raikara, Yaersulf, Daiya, SB.

Yeah no there's no way Rai/Yaerseulf/Daiya/SB contain the whole team and we've figured out everything. I smell liars.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2012 on: April 25, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
This day is absolutely a 1v1 between me and banana, our roles cannot mechanically coexist.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #2013 on: April 25, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
I can't really see a world where banana is scum unless he's buddies with smartbomb but that would involve us not having a protective role which seems dumb.

Also if scum had learned smartbombs flavour he would be dead by now.

I guess theres a world where they inspected him n1 but then decided to go for hooking him rather than killing him on n3? But then they let him free on N2 soooo

And there's still the n2 result of serela not being visibly hooked which requires the existence of a ninja Roleblocker.

Also I shoukd say that if we lynch serela and he's town smartbomb should rand between daiya and banana, not raikaria.

I still think 11/4 or 11/3/1 with serela being an arsonist or something is possible ftr. I think even though reporter and voyeur suck if the masons are legit that's two clears...

@fabloo I'm like 95% sure that one of serela and banana is not town.

Fabloo

« Reply #2014 on: April 25, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »
I agree with going with Serela/Banana today. I was just about to type that.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2015 on: April 25, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »
Maybe scum has a flavor cop? Maybe one of them backups the others if they die? I don't know. I just know banana's claim can't be real.

And if it was real it shouldn't have taken this long to come out.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2016 on: April 25, 2020, 04:30:40 PM »
No lynching doesn't get us anywhere btw with a scum roleblocker and the nightkill unless Disquieted manages to block one of them

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2017 on: April 25, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »
No wait they'd just block him and kill BBM or something to prevent confirming my role

Fabloo

« Reply #2018 on: April 25, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »
I think there's a false narrative being woven right now and scum will use these claims to keep avoiding night deaths and giving out worthless info. I don't trust any of our power roles right now. Scum definitely do indeed have a roleblocker so that's clear to me.

Serela, what's your flavor and what does your role do? How does your backup work.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2019 on: April 25, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »
Like I claimed d2, my drive to upstage my rival Adol has me filling in missing roles from my alignment. I do so with the help of the fairies I inherited from my brother.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #2020 on: April 25, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »
There's also a world where banana is a third and has a separate rolecopping ability. Scum backup for scum roles only is also possible I guess and them rolecopping smartbomb n2 could explain the smartbomb hook on n3 + scum knowing the flavour. Grr

Fabloo

« Reply #2021 on: April 25, 2020, 04:38:35 PM »
Like I claimed d2, my drive to upstage my rival Adol has me filling in missing roles from my alignment. I do so with the help of the fairies I inherited from my brother.

So you could Backup me or PX as well?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2022 on: April 25, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
Beats me? You said yourself you think you have flavor implying your roles self-nullify if one of you dies.

Fabloo

« Reply #2023 on: April 25, 2020, 04:43:39 PM »
I do indeed still think that.

I genuinely don't believe all these roles are real so I'm hesitant to try and coordinate.

« Reply #2024 on: April 25, 2020, 05:08:42 PM »
We're on even numbers and PX has a vig, we should never no lynch here I think.

« Reply #2025 on: April 25, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
Also I'm of the opinion there's 4 scum and 3 of you are talking much closer than expected. I was looking out for an independent but these amount of claims and power is ludicrous.

I don't know what role powers you and PX have, but most of the claimed roles suck ass. Reporter isn't very good aside from confirming VT claims (if we don't lynch Serela, this is their job now), Voyeur is only useful if it catches a random rolecop or for anti-rb insurance. Jailkeeper is good, sure. Then we have backups of dubious alignments.

If scum N1 the jailkeeper and rolecop a mason, we're just kinda fire trucked if there are 4 scum. I don't see it.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2026 on: April 25, 2020, 05:16:39 PM »
Glad we're on the same page!

Given banana's nearly non-player presence this game, I think the only thing propping up his claim as genuine is he knew Disquieted's flavor. However, relying on that as a clear is very shaky. BBM brought up a very strong point; if scum still has access to rolecopping through a backup scum or otherwise, they could have copped Disquieted N2, which is very very possible considering he was blocked on N3. Using this claim attempts to lynch town Serela who otherwise is pretty unlikely to get lynched, and Banana was already next on the chopping block. I can't think of any other claim Banana could make that would be liable to even keep him from being lynched, much less counterclaim a town PR to get lynched over him since BBM/Disquieted verified eachother's roles with results already.

This actually seems like the perfect scumclaim for Banana here and the Disquieted block last night supports it.

I think there's 3 scum because the flipped Scum waffles had been making scumteams along the lines of 3 scum. Also by looking at town's general power level. I could be wrong tho', I don't think knowing the number of scum here matters too much right now.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #2027 on: April 25, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
OK; so if I'm following the general thoughts, it's generally agreed that Banana and Serela contains at least 1 scum

##Vote: banana spritzee

Out of the two; I am of the opinion Banana is more likly to flip scum, simply because someone with such low acitivity and contribution at this point is... well... probably scum.

I mean, this also probobly applies somewhat to Yaersulf; but he has various interactions with other players that makes !scumYaer quite unlikely.

God I hate situations like this. I'm alright with earlygame but when rolespec and large amounts of interactions start piling up I just get overwhelmed.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #2028 on: April 25, 2020, 06:06:29 PM »
eh I mean if we lynch scum d1 in 12/3, particularly the hooker or the rolecop, (higher chance than scum randing the jailkeeper n1) scum are also pretty screwed. I think 12/3 and 11/4 are both kinda wonky.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #2029 on: April 25, 2020, 08:34:06 PM »
##Vote: banana spritzee

this might be the way to go. nana flipping should elucidate things with both disq and celery, and he'll get one more night to prove his role. if they're both town, they both prob can't get blocked.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #2030 on: April 25, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »
i personally can't see raikaria being scum, also. his pushes to gamesolve and his frustration with celery v waffles felt genuine to me, and it doesn't look like he's been making any efforts to blend in even though it'd be the easiest thing to do in this gamestate.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2031 on: April 25, 2020, 08:51:14 PM »
@Dormio are redirects announced?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2032 on: April 25, 2020, 08:53:18 PM »
Votecount
banana spritzee (3): Serela, raikaria, Daiya
Daiya (2): Yaersulf, Disquieted
Disquieted (1): banana spritzee
Serela (1): sb
Fabloo (0):
sb (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 9 female characters in the game.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: BigBangMeteor, Fabloo, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:04:04 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

« Reply #2033 on: April 25, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »

« Reply #2034 on: April 25, 2020, 09:18:40 PM »

« Reply #2035 on: April 25, 2020, 09:21:33 PM »
Actually, we don't know for sure if TBZ is a "backup" to Disquieted, even if they're town, right? We're just making an assumption.

In which case I could definitely see scum!TBZ gaining a different power after Disquieted dies. Hm. This is probably it, actually?

« Reply #2036 on: April 25, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Banana Spiritzee

Rolegaming sucks, this guy is probably mafia on play anyway.

« Reply #2037 on: April 25, 2020, 09:23:50 PM »
Right after I said that rolegaming sucks: I'm gonna assume that the redacted ability that Nucleus had could be that he gains a new ability based on the death of a town role as well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2038 on: April 25, 2020, 09:30:55 PM »
Votecount
banana spritzee (4): Serela, raikaria, Daiya, sb (L-2!)
Daiya (2): Yaersulf, Disquieted
Disquieted (1): banana spritzee
Serela (0):
Fabloo (0):
sb (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 9 female characters in the game.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: BigBangMeteor, Fabloo, PX
banana spritzee is at L-2!

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:03:51 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2039 on: April 25, 2020, 10:24:29 PM »
Also- me and BBM should target the same person. With a jailkeeper out the mafia will actually have their hands full (especially if banana flips roleblocker) so this is probably the best chance to confirm my role. I don't know if it'll be that important after a scumflip from banana here lmao, but, I'm not sure BBM's role type has any worthwhile use other than that right now anyway.

Probably target Daiya? Any scumflip means my role is nearly a cop, if you're the last remaining scum and you've claimed VT then you're basically forced to go out to kill, or idle, so