Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 841177 times)

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Four)
« Reply #1980 on: April 25, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
I got blocked N3. This means there's a scum roleblocker role in the game, even if we don't trust Serela. You may have missed that, I just noticed the message in my inbox. Sorry, wasn't really expecting it or any feedback really.

If the rest of the team makeup is scum roleblocker and scum backup jailkeeper + the dead scum rolecop I'll spit. Possibility scum wanted to hunt my exact flavour but it's a weird way to do so.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1981 on: April 25, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »
Votecount
Daiya (3): sb, Yaersulf, Disquieted
banana spritzee (2): Serela, PX
Disquieted (1): banana spritzee
Fabloo (0):
sb (0):
raikaria (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 9 female characters in the game.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: raikaria, BigBangMeteor, Daiya, Fabloo

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:04:14 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1982 on: April 25, 2020, 12:43:53 PM »
Oh right, I must have missed that. That doesn't change too much then. And yeah, there's always the possibility the scum were trying to hunt for that flavor, which could explain the night kills. Or the possibility that you're mafia and zeenana is town, but I don't think that's more likely than the opposite right now.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1983 on: April 25, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
The last posting from your IP was less than 30 seconds ago. Please try again later.

##Unvote

« Reply #1984 on: April 25, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
##Unvote

TWO BACKUPS

« Reply #1985 on: April 25, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
Was Serela-Nucleus really some crazy ass scum gambit?

« Reply #1986 on: April 25, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
##Vote: Serela

So Serela is caught in two different 1v1s here: BBM didn't see Serela being roleblocked, and TBZ is another variant of backup.

I don't see a world where town specific backup and town universal backup coexist.

I also don't see a world where scum rolecop Disquieted N1, then never roleblock him until N4. Ways that scum could've figured out who Disquieted was ahead of time:
-Scum!Voyeur BBM (I don't think this is it)
-I get rolecopped N1 and scum are in the other unknowns, allowing them to PoE down the protective role. This is possible, but requires a specific team of Daiya/Banana Spiritzee to work. You could sub my name in here I guess if you wanted but fmpov this is the only way.
-Scum genuinely has a backup for their rolecop, which... wouldn't be weird based on Nucleus' claim, honestly. Like, y'know, Serela?

For Serela to be town, one of the following needs to be true:
-BBM is scum and lied
-Scum have a Ninja Roleblocker
-raikaria is ascetic/invest immune/whatever

I don't think it's the first, think the second is unlikely and the third is a crapshoot. Idk. Rolegames. It feels like this is scum Serela.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1987 on: April 25, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »
To be clear, TBZ knows my exact flavour. Knowing I'm a jailkeeper isn't enough.

« Reply #1988 on: April 25, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »
Forgive me if I'm being forgetful or something, but have you claimed a role sb? We seem to be massclaiming.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1989 on: April 25, 2020, 01:08:48 PM »
Also if scum have a backup for their rolecop they haven't been able to use it. N2, they used roleblock and kill if Serela is telling the truth. N3, they did the same but this time I'm telling the truth.

If Serela's lying he's scum anyways by definition. Basic conclusion is that if scum have a backup for their rolecop, they haven't had the chance to use it or there's more than two scum or we have a bad assumption here. You understand better than I could explain.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1990 on: April 25, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
From what I surmised from his claim he knows your flavor, not your role

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #1991 on: April 25, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
do you take any stock in the redacted abilities, disq? based on nucleus' fakeclaim, the scumteam did somehow know that flavour was relevant in the game, so a flavour cop wouldn't be too out of left field. it'd be weird if they all just had standard roles when we've got fabloo/px

« Reply #1992 on: April 25, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »
@Dormio are redirects announced?

« Reply #1993 on: April 25, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
Forgive me if I'm being forgetful or something, but have you claimed a role sb? We seem to be massclaiming.

I don't think me claiming here helps anything so I would prefer to not. For now, at least.

« Reply #1994 on: April 25, 2020, 01:21:56 PM »
Ftr, we don't know if "scum can't act and kill" is a fact, right? It's just an assumption for now.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1995 on: April 25, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »
Okay more clarification with results now

BBM: Voyeur
N1: Fabloo, was Jailkeepered
N2: Serela, nothing
N3: Serela, nothing

Disquieted: Jailjeeper
N1: Fabloo, success
N2: sb, success
N3, Yaerself, blocked

Serela: Currently Tracker
N2: Raikaria, blocked
N3: Tom, nothing

We, Feena, Younger of the Twin Goddesses of Ys
N2: Flavorcopped Tom, got the name he flipped
N3: One Shot Doctored Fabloo, Success

My Dearest Sister Fabloo, Reah, Elder of the Twin Goddess of Ys
3rd Twilight: Governor Tom

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1996 on: April 25, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
do you take any stock in the redacted abilities, disq? based on nucleus' fakeclaim, the scumteam did somehow know that flavour was relevant in the game, so a flavour cop wouldn't be too out of left field. it'd be weird if they all just had standard roles when we've got fabloo/px

Scum already have rolecop. Having flavourcop would be quite strange. The most tenable solution for how TBZ knows my flavour apart from the obvious is that mafia have a condition to kill me that isn't obviously universal backup but I don't know why I'm so special when we have two literal gods in the game. Bit of an interesting design decision.

Sb, we don't know if scum can't act and kill but Nucleus couldn't act and kill. It's an assumption that the rest of the scumteam are the same, but I hope not a heavy one.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1997 on: April 25, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »
There is always another option and that is we can no lynch today as well. Whoever is lying scum will eventually get caught in the web.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Night Two)
« Reply #1998 on: April 25, 2020, 01:33:15 PM »
Problem Solver: Throughout your many years of adventuring, you've learned to keep an eye out for the small details that most others would miss. As a result of this, you may target ONE player every night and learn from their behaviours what their role in this particular game is. You may not use this ability in conjunction with any of your other abilities, unless that ability specifies otherwise.

To be clear.

I suppose this doesn't get target player's full role PM, and is just an ability cop as written. Depends on how Dormio resolves it. A mafia flavour cop can't be completely discarded I suppose but that flavourcop would have to target me N1. It's a very precise world.

cut by PX is technically right, I guess. I have an aversion to no lynching though, but we could theoretically go off.

Note that it says you may not use this ability in conjunction with any of your other abilities, wrt sb.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1999 on: April 25, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
That said we can definitely confirm that mafia do indeed have an ability to block actions, passive or active. Nucleus's flip has an interesting 2 redacted abilities. One can definitely be surmised to be the ability to communicate with his allies, but the rest of his PM also lacks an ability to kill at night. That is probably the other redacted line.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2000 on: April 25, 2020, 01:38:41 PM »
The biggest link so far is the N2 circus between BBM, Serela, and Raikaria. It seems pretty likely there is at least one scum there since this doesn't add up without somebody lying or some really stupid stuff happening

Daiya

• danse macabre
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #2001 on: April 25, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
this daiya post is interesting do you guys think scum!daiya says his buddy is a rolecop as a joke before anyone knows it's true?
ah. my line of reasoning for that was pretty clear, but i did play it off as a joke. could already hear circus music forming in my head as i typed it.

ok, i was starting to wonder why our claimed power roles are "game-altering masons with nighttalk" and "gender-specific targeting universal backup", while zeep flips "tracker". god this game's a headache.
for fabloo/px. it felt weird that the claimed prs were so outlandish, while the flipped one was just...basic. for clarity's sake, i do acknowledge it as a genuine possibility now, but i'm more in favour of the assumption that they're just town.

one thing that confuses me - if we assume that serela is lying and waffles is full of strawberries, then it's one hell of a coincidence that they both claimed backup. i'm tempted to stay on serela, tbh.
and for nucleus = rolecop. frankly, i'm surprised that i got something right for once. shouldn't have doubted it.

nucleus is...strange, to say the least. the pr he's claiming sounds outlandish to me, but fabloo didn't seem too phased by it. do the roles here tend to be more experimental?

overall, it seems more like an inane gambit (he did call it a gambit himself, right? it's not helping his coherence) than a genuine claim to me. whether or not it says anything about his alignment, idfk. usually see this kind of stuff coming from "ambitious" townies, so that's my knee-jerk read. need to hear more from him, but i also don't advise making him the main focus atm. tends to derail things way too quickly.

@sb, this was my stance on nucleus. never followed it up with a comprehensive tts list, but my end of day 2 post before serela claimed does support that. you can read up on it, i'm one of the easiest people here to iso. just don't think this line of reasoning really works here.

pretty jaded after tom's flip, so i'm starting to think that the majority of waffles' interactions are poisoned. considered the possibility of him just being a traitor, but s͎h͎i͎t͎, i haven't been drinking enough for that.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2002 on: April 25, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »
I woke up and banana is a apparently another backup who is apparently just so clueless they just haven't counterclaimed since mid d2????????????????????

I don't know if I believe this. Also my brain is reeling.

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #2003 on: April 25, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Yeah i dont know what's going on anymore. Even PX is posting actively. Am i dreaming?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2004 on: April 25, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »
I think bananas buddy fed them a plan because he's obviously lynched soon here, (or he's just feigning incompetence, never played with banana before) and they somehow knew disquieted's flavor. Getting him to counterclaim me in the process is icing on their cake.

I'd vote banana but I already am, cool.

Real life backup role Banana should have been counterclaiming partway into day two, or at least voting me or waffle at some point since then. It's day four.

Fabloo

« Reply #2005 on: April 25, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »
Disquieted. Are you Dana?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #2006 on: April 25, 2020, 04:14:01 PM »
God this game

So a couple options. We could lynch serela since it seems at this point that he's lying. What would even happen if smartbomb was the first to die? Serela said he replaces anyone of his alignment, but how does that work with a specific backup for jailkeeper? If we lynch serela, if he flips scum, then I think smartbomb just targets daiya. If serela flips town smartbomb should probably rand between raikaria and daiya. Meanwhile I target smartbomb.

Alternatively we could play it safe and no lynch. Then smartbomb rands between raikaria and daiya while serela and I both target banana? That lets me prove if serela is telling the truth and also lets us check to see if banana goes anywhere, which they shouldn't if they're telling the truth. I don't really like this path tbh because there's too much room for scum to fire truck it up by hooking me and killing smartbomb, especially if serela is scum since he could just kill smartbomb and then fake a result on banana, given the only point of not lynching Serela is to be able to prove his role.

Fabloo

« Reply #2007 on: April 25, 2020, 04:16:15 PM »
Also I'm of the opinion there's 4 scum and 3 of you are talking much closer than expected. I was looking out for an independent but these amount of claims and power is ludicrous.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #2008 on: April 25, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »
- Serela is lying. This is the easiest option mechanically and the only sticking point here is that Serela CC'd NucleusWaffles, which means this is a long-term gambit.

There's also the fact his action after his claim was quite suspicious; his choice of targeting me.

And then he targeted Tom.

Throw in once Serela wasn't a wagon, he tried to make a turbowagon to counter the Waffles lynch. It could be because the lynch was between the two of them, Serela tried to CC Waffles to try and get towncred for whichever one survived the lynch.

Anyway back from work; got to do food ect. Then mafia time.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #2009 on: April 25, 2020, 04:17:51 PM »
Also while I'd rather not die; if I would legitimately help to 50/50 between me and someone, go ahead. I'm Vanillia. I'm not a big loss and if my loss leads to dead scum, I'll live with that.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.