Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 841436 times)

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Four)
« Reply #1860 on: April 24, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »
Yeah Disquieted I've actually been tempted after that last night to say we should lynch Fabloo, have a theoretical doctor protect PX, and see what the hell Fabloo actually flips as. Mostly just because at that point I feel like we'd actually know what the hell is going on. :V

« Reply #1861 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
I agree that it's super weird that they no-lynched Tom. I can understand supsecting he was town, but there's no way they should be so sure of it that they'd waste one of our lynches on not lynching him.

« Reply #1862 on: April 24, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »
Also again I know that this is kind of weird meta-information. But that first example role literally says "You win as long as the Goddesses remain alive when the game ends. Best of luck!"

I have to admit, my faith in the goddesses has been shaken. :(

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1863 on: April 24, 2020, 10:37:35 AM »
Votecount
banana spritzee (2): Serela, PX
Fabloo (1): Disquieted
Disquieted (1): banana spritzee
sb (0):
raikaria (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 9 female characters in the game.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: sb, Fabloo, raikaria, Yaersulf, BigBangMeteor, Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:05:58 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

« Reply #1864 on: April 24, 2020, 10:39:50 AM »
But yeah I guess we should just off Zeenana, at least everyone else seems to be at least pretending to be helping town.

##Vote: banana spritzee

« Reply #1865 on: April 24, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
I spent more time on other things than I expected this morning and I'm gonna be gone for a while shortly.

Vig, if they exist, should claim. Knowing whether or not town or scum killed Tom is important.

« Reply #1866 on: April 24, 2020, 12:24:01 PM »
Disquieted, I think most of your points on the Masons are valid but also would never lynch Fabloo and PX here unless we have other significant role firepower claiming, even if we're playing 12/3.

Why do you have rai as town here btw?

« Reply #1867 on: April 24, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
Note to self: reread Daiya later.

« Reply #1868 on: April 24, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »
I tried to post again and it crashed.

##Vote: Daiya

I will admit that this is from a skim only, but their non-stance on Nucleus for most of the game->voting Serela at D2 deadline feels incriminating. Need to look into this further when I have time.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1869 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »
@fabloo- the scum rolecop is already dead! Also you told the town protective role to target you so what was the point of also having PX doc you??? Aghhhhhhh

Your actions were suboptimal and if we were going to coordinate actions in public we should have done it in the day so that more people could have input. Imo serela and I should both target either smartbomb or daiya.

Tbh I just don't know how to deal with nucleus claiming he targeted daiya n1. It's such a weird person to pick that I don't know if it was just the super basic "say my buddy is confirmed town" move or he was trying to wifom us into thinking daiya was his buddy, or if it was just his actual target in which case daiya is also town.

banana should claim though

« Reply #1870 on: April 24, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
By the way, is it still a thing that we're unsure about Serela and Raikaria role shenanigans, could be worth another look at the two of them?

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1871 on: April 24, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »
BBM and Disquieted.

Why are you calling Nucleus a flavor cop? He was a rolecop.

Go read his flip again.

Fabloo

« Reply #1872 on: April 24, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »
Problem Solver: Throughout your many years of adventuring, you've learned to keep an eye out for the small details that most others would miss. As a result of this, you may target ONE player every night and learn from their behaviours what their role in this particular game is. You may not use this ability in conjunction with any of your other abilities, unless that ability specifies otherwise.

Fabloo

« Reply #1873 on: April 24, 2020, 03:00:28 PM »
So first of all. I shouldn't have tried to bait them on PX.

Second of all. Wow we are all dumb. Third of all. Disquieted came in here trying to say that there can't be two flavor cops therefore i was lying and voted me for it.

Yeah maybe Disquieted is just scum.

Fabloo

« Reply #1874 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
Oh yeah Disquieted i can break down your huge wall with one thing.

You didn't want to lynch Nucleus either. You said that you're not voting off the protagonist of the game. You're not even on the wagon when he flipped scum.

I can quote it if you want. Also, i defended him for paltry mechanical reasons. I admit that. I did come to see the error of my ways and stopped thinking he was town. He just happened to not be third party.

Fabloo

« Reply #1875 on: April 24, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »
Nevermind im still tired you did notice BBM.

So I'm mostly dumb.

Fabloo

« Reply #1876 on: April 24, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »
Yeah supoptimal is definitely what last day was. I want to defend myself here a little bit and my actions though. I did want to discuss it with others but Tom hammering himself shocked me. I was waiting for his claim and then I was going to basically do the whole speech I gave after I used my Governor.

I also think that
:
I am playing sloppy and not in the way I envisioned. To be honest. I'm quite stressed. It's taking a toll on me and just the other night PX told me something along the lines of 'I don't want to think anymore about this game' and I've been left to my own devices. The lack of Feedback from him has left me to again use this thread like it were my Quicktopic. It's a bit cluttering but I personally believe that if you look at my actions and how hard I'm trying to win it should be evident that I am what I say I am. Town. I did not read Disquieted's wall but I assume he spun it like I'm like I'm third party. It's going to sound a bit cocky but if I were third party I would be less critical of myself of my actions because I would've been doing a great job to survive. Instead. I have wanted to survive because of the fact our roles do contain a ton of power and I felt responsible in turn because of it. I don't know what else to say. I think I want to stop talking about myself however.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1877 on: April 24, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
um

i didn't -think- fabloo was scum but I'm not sure how to react to the way he's defending himself actually

"I can tear down your whole wall with one thing!", proceeds to say something that only addresses the first sentence of a multi-paragraph case, ignores rest

later admits to not reading the case at all, assuming it argues he's third party, which it... doesn't

maybe this actually -is- where trying to keep up with a day one mason claim as scum breaks down?? you can't justify how you're possibly alive so you just flail in total confusion, get town to waste all their night actions following the mason, and then present as having a breakdown to excuse it?

But then Tom of all people got nightkilled and he was town. Surely if Fabloo was scum they'd have let town mislynch Tom the next day, or at least argue about it for a couple game days when my track result was negative? Although really, this applies to any scumteam I guess, the tom kill doesn't make sense any way you look at it щ(゚Д゚щ)

I wish I could look to PX for more help but he's being... PX. He's majorly lurky, as PX tends to be. He did have pretty good interaction with the waffles wagon tho'. Hey PX, can I ask for a confirmation that you're actually masons and not neighbors, just to like... make sure that's still a thing that's true, and not just you trying to prevent a d1 fabloo lynch of your big power role neighbor? I mean if one of them is scum they'd probably both be but I feel like I should at least cover the bases

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1878 on: April 24, 2020, 03:56:22 PM »
ftr while tom vig makes a lot of sense it seems pretty clear at this point that no one is claiming it, and I don't think there'd be any good reason not to claim it

Fabloo

« Reply #1879 on: April 24, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
You're right it's lazy. Is Disquieted really claiming that I'm scum with PX? That would be absurd. Also throwing. I don't think I've ever seen a single game where a scum-aligned pairing of two people thought let's both claim town masons. What happens if one of us flips? I've completely thrown the game. In the hypothetical scenario.

Part of me said what I did because I'm honestly tired. Game tired. I was hoping you would see this and understand this can't come from anyone but town who is acting out because he just wants to see the game won. I've told myself. Go look at this. Go look at that. But I'm like. Tired of hearing myself talk.

Fabloo

« Reply #1880 on: April 24, 2020, 04:12:49 PM »
How many walls and how much have I written in this game? Too much. I didn't want to entertain another long battle of wits when we're stupidly lynching our own because they're newbies. No matter how you look at it. Tom was town. I actually really dislike people saying 'Oh, a Vig might've shot him' because how could not think he was town based on how he phrased that end of day. It's absurd. This is all really absurd and frustrating. I personally don't believe a vig will come and make that theory true but hey I've been wrong this game before.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1881 on: April 24, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »
How could people not think Tom was town when he... self-hammered 26 hours into the day without bothering to claim?

I guess technically scum in his place should have tried to claim cop or something and at least -see- how it went before self-hammering, but I don't really see how this is a town-indicative action.

Fabloo

« Reply #1882 on: April 24, 2020, 04:31:15 PM »
Go look at how spiteful he was for being lynched. I talked about it earlier. It's aside the point now.

Listen we can lynch Banana and maybe he'll flip scum but then I think the last one is gonna be way harder. Also what hppens if Banana just. Isn't scum?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1883 on: April 24, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »
I don't think either smartbomb or I think nucleus was a flavour cop...? We know he was a role cop.

Smartbomb is questioning why you thought nucleus was flavour cop when PX himself had a 1x flavour cop, honestly a pretty useless ability if character identity is divorced entirely from their alignment in this mafia game.

@serela/fabloo pointless discussion now but if Tom were scum who had given up, self-hammering to cut off the phase before we were fully ready is the right move. You be spiteful as scum because you think you're being lynched for stupid reasons even if the lynch is technically correct.

If banana isn't scum then I think I'm looking at smartbomb and daiya? Idk lol who knows what the numbers are in this game. I think there's like a pretty solid chance, esp if banana is town that this is some weird 11/2/2 multiball or 12/2/1 or 13/1/1 manhunt as opposed to a traditional 11/3/1 or 11/4 setup (10/3/2 would be really lame). I'm having a real hard time seeing nucleus act the way he did with experienced buddies.

Fabloo

« Reply #1884 on: April 24, 2020, 05:18:00 PM »
I actually didn't think he was. I'm pretty sure my brain didn't even read his death and just saw the red flip alone. Therefore it shocked me and I didn't look at the game at all after that given. It's a completely my bad moment as with a lot of things.

Apologies. I am definitely frustrated that Tom did what he did because I never planned to be snarky or even stop the lynch and then reveal everything I had to say. I was thinking about just letting him die but I thought maybe I could use the night opportunity to catch someone in a lie. As I still wasn't fully trusting of Serela. Another reason I don't think it's a full newbie team is because their kills thus far don't line up with that ideal.

If you look at them in hindsight. It says a different picture. You have Zwerd and then NNR and now Tom. None of these players were instrumental to deciding lynches and they weren't even townread that much. Why not kill the most vocal players if you fear them so much? Even worrying about a doctor or some protective doesn't stop you from thinning out the front lies. I just don't understand why we're ignoring this. I would think newbies would be intimidated by the presence of the people leading and try to go there. This is why I'm still hesitant on Serela. I kinda feel decent about you however. You've been sensible.

Fabloo

« Reply #1885 on: April 24, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
I don't know Banana entirely but I think it was SB who said he plays lurky scum. I just don't see scum going. Yeah let's keep making them think they're wrong. Especially given that we were right on Nucleus eventually.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1886 on: April 24, 2020, 05:25:41 PM »
Fabloo what is PX's N4 ability? What is your d4 ability? Let's just coordinate the actions for the claimed ppl.

I think newb players are more likely to psych themselves out and make suboptimal kills than experienced players. I think the zwerd and NNR kills were not what I would have done exactly but justifiable. The tom kill though is pretty fire trucked up. I think the best explanation actually is that scum were fishing for the protective role and the non-claimed ppl were down to Tom/sb/smartbomb/daiya. But for them to kill Tom over the others probably implies one or more of those others is scum.

Fabloo

« Reply #1887 on: April 24, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
My D4 ability can give us +24 hours to the day if necessary. This is permanent.
PX's N4 ability is a one-shot vigilante. This is why I think a vigil doesn't exist.

Fabloo

« Reply #1888 on: April 24, 2020, 05:29:43 PM »
I think Rolecop/Roleblocker and then Goon is pretty balanced. Not outguessing the mod though. Maybe Serela did get roleblocked.

Fabloo

« Reply #1889 on: April 24, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
Sorry I'm like. Posting a lot. Formatting and cohesion have long been gone.

Another reason I sort of subscribe to the idea of a roleblocker is that. By N6 PX's actions can no longer be stopped at night.