Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819096 times)

NucleusWaffles

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #1290 on: April 20, 2020, 08:48:46 AM »
I don't think a Rai lynch is something that will happen. Not that I'm entirely against it. We just have a ton of unwillingness.

Nucleus. I understand what you're doing a bit. In some retrospect I actually agree with your points despite everyone trying to write you off. I just think that even if you were one hundred percent correct and scum were doing exactly as you predicted. They'd probably keep doing it.

Mostly because not many people are listening to you. If you could summarize your opinion on Daiya and why you don't want him lynched I'll hear it. I also originally wanted to vote Yearsulf myself but it was shut down. I don't know if this gains traction in 24 hours though. I look at what's happened between then and now and I see most of it being prep.

I do not want to lynch Daiya from a very personal space; I townread him and see him as a power role.

Before my claim, if Daiya was nightkilled, I would get his abilities, then on N3 I can use my abilities and some other investigative role may confirm my results had I claimed D2 like right now.

On D1, I heavily suspected Fabloo/PX is a surivor third party, which also drove my decision to Backup Daiya, who responded favourably to my probe.

Moreover, circumstances have changed since because our Tracker was killed.
According to BBM, who was a highly experienced player, this setup is therefore unlikely to have more investigative roles.

I was demotivated and had to reconsider my options to find out how to fit all the puzzle pieces together. Because back a few hours ago, before my claim, I already had the groundwork laid for a rough mimicry of a Follow the Cop strategem, with myself as a superman.

I heavily townread Disquieted, hence I kept arguing against his lynch. I heavily townread Daiya based on the D1 probe and have invested stakes because I believe he has an inheritable ability.

I could not really figure out the right way to break the game without factoring in that, ultimately, someone has to be lying. Based on the robustness of the role description I received, I am most drawn to the BBM statement 'most town investigative roles are dead', I checked the mafiascum wiki, and 15 players is considered a large game.

Therefore, I started to suspect BBM not being honest, and did a Ctrl+F on the role discussions, especially ones that are reinforcing the idea 'mason' rather than 'third party'.

Then I had a stroke of inspiration that since page 37, only the BBM/Yaesulf/Raikaria team was mentioning roles under the assumption the masons are hard-confirmed. When there has been no such confirmation coming from a power role outside of the PX/Fabloo duo.

I think raikaria is very brilliant as part of the scumteam for coming in and reacting promptly to my claim, pressing hard on the pedal reiterating that things just don't make sense.

Which, is followed by countervoting me. This effectively has become a duel between us, and neutering the flow which I had breadcrumbed since D1 start.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #1291 on: April 20, 2020, 09:01:30 AM »
Votecount
NucleusWaffles (4): Yaersulf, PX, Serela, raikaria
Daiya (3): Fabloo, Polaris, BigBangMeteor
Disquieted (2): banana spritzee, Tom
Serela (1): NekoNekoRex
Polaris (1): Disquieted
raikaria (1): NucleusWaffles
Yaersulf (0):
Tom (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:27:21 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1292 on: April 20, 2020, 09:29:32 AM »
I do not want to lynch Daiya from a very personal space; I townread him and see him as a power role.

Before my claim, if Daiya was nightkilled, I would get his abilities, then on N3 I can use my abilities and some other investigative role may confirm my results had I claimed D2 like right now.

On D1, I heavily suspected Fabloo/PX is a surivor third party, which also drove my decision to Backup Daiya, who responded favourably to my probe.

Moreover, circumstances have changed since because our Tracker was killed.
According to BBM, who was a highly experienced player, this setup is therefore unlikely to have more investigative roles.

I was demotivated and had to reconsider my options to find out how to fit all the puzzle pieces together. Because back a few hours ago, before my claim, I already had the groundwork laid for a rough mimicry of a Follow the Cop strategem, with myself as a superman.

I heavily townread Disquieted, hence I kept arguing against his lynch. I heavily townread Daiya based on the D1 probe and have invested stakes because I believe he has an inheritable ability.

I could not really figure out the right way to break the game without factoring in that, ultimately, someone has to be lying. Based on the robustness of the role description I received, I am most drawn to the BBM statement 'most town investigative roles are dead', I checked the mafiascum wiki, and 15 players is considered a large game.

Therefore, I started to suspect BBM not being honest, and did a Ctrl+F on the role discussions, especially ones that are reinforcing the idea 'mason' rather than 'third party'.

Then I had a stroke of inspiration that since page 37, only the BBM/Yaesulf/Raikaria team was mentioning roles under the assumption the masons are hard-confirmed. When there has been no such confirmation coming from a power role outside of the PX/Fabloo duo.

I think raikaria is very brilliant as part of the scumteam for coming in and reacting promptly to my claim, pressing hard on the pedal reiterating that things just don't make sense.

Which, is followed by countervoting me. This effectively has become a duel between us, and neutering the flow which I had breadcrumbed since D1 start.

Allow me to ask for your opinion on Serela then.

Serela came in and voted you immediately for your case on BBM/Ya/Me. He has also said your claim makes no sense.

You are scumreading me for this. What about Serela who has raised the exact same points?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1293 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »
sb replaces Polaris, effective immediately.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1294 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:38 AM »
Also please, I was saying during Day 1 the masons were not confirmed and I'm not convinced on it. When I did my vote analysis I specifically put the Masons seperate from Confirmed Town.

Saying I'm treating the Masons as Confirmed Town is an outright misrep.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #1295 on: April 20, 2020, 09:32:00 AM »
Votecount
NucleusWaffles (4): Yaersulf, PX, Serela, raikaria
Daiya (2): Fabloo, BigBangMeteor
Disquieted (2): banana spritzee, Tom
Serela (1): NekoNekoRex
Polaris (1): Disquieted
raikaria (1): NucleusWaffles
Yaersulf (0):
Tom (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Daiya, sb

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:27:12 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

« Reply #1296 on: April 20, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
Ok Raikaria, I've been pondering whether or not to bring this up, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I know this might be nothing, but the first example role in the first post in this thread seems to imply the goddesses are some sort of third party. I'm not sure if that really counts as relevant information though.

« Reply #1297 on: April 20, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »
I thought I was subbing into a scum slot for a while, thank god.

I haven't read much (I skimmed some stuff at D2 start and then skipped to see what happened with the sub) and am kinda confused by Nucleus being wagoned because they seemed like insane town. I feel less sure about Fabloo town than I did last game because they feel more like a background presence, but then again working with no info vs knowing they are town probably makes a difference. Need to read them though. I had a weird feeling about TBZ too in ED2. The only current "wagon" ig I could get behind is Daiya but I don't have anything solid there yet beyond "their posting feels different" to the last game I played with them. Kinda wary because they got mislynched there too though.

This stuff is all about what I thought pre-sub so I need to actually read strawberries and see if any of these holds up or not.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1298 on: April 20, 2020, 09:38:40 AM »
Ok Raikaria, I've been pondering whether or not to bring this up, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I know this might be nothing, but the first example role in the first post in this thread seems to imply the goddesses are some sort of third party. I'm not sure if that really counts as relevant information though.

I am staunchly against baseing any of my reads on flavour.

Furthermore; I would think it is a reasonable assumption to say there is a minimum of 3 Mafia. If there are two 3rd parties; this can mean that non-town can force a No-Lynch as early as 10 players alive.

I do not believe this would ever be a possibility.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1299 on: April 20, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
I am staunchly against baseing any of my reads on flavour.

Furthermore; I would think it is a reasonable assumption to say there is a minimum of 3 Mafia. If there are two 3rd parties; this can mean that non-town can force a No-Lynch as early as 10 players alive.

I do not believe this would ever be a possibility.

To clarify; I think there is absolutely no chance of 2 3rd party players.

However I do not rule out a scum gambit. Especially given how there were Town Masons last game.

« Reply #1300 on: April 20, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
Dormio setups always have third parties iirc so it's 90% 11/3/1 but I don't think focusing on numbers or thirds really matters right now.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1301 on: April 20, 2020, 09:42:03 AM »
and am kinda confused by Nucleus being wagoned because they seemed like insane town.

What about the fact he fullclaimed a power role at 2/7 just because Polaris told him to do so?

Right after pushing people for 'hunting for PRs' at that?

That's what really irks me. Well; that and the claim of targeting Daiya. In fact, with him claiming he is confident Daiya is a PR; he could be a Scum Rolecop. It would explain his 'targeting' of Daiya, seeing if he was a Power Role.

« Reply #1302 on: April 20, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
I’ll look into it. I definitely don’t have the conviction to derail wagon yet just because I thought one of his walls looked too crazy to be scum, but I think his claim sounded real.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1303 on: April 20, 2020, 09:49:44 AM »
Wait, Smartbomb isn't long for assbee?

« Reply #1304 on: April 20, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »
lmao

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1305 on: April 20, 2020, 10:34:35 AM »
this is why you don't call me smartbomb

« Reply #1306 on: April 20, 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
this is why you don't call me smartbomb

I’m on page 6 or something, do you remember why you had BBM in your top 3 townreads back then?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1307 on: April 20, 2020, 10:45:37 AM »
Back on page 6? I don't remember at the time, he just strikes me as a pretty smart type of guy. Pun intended.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1308 on: April 20, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
I need a drink.

Daiya is the super-easy world. It means I've thought of everything and nothing is wrong. If I feel so confident on it I can put pen to paper and actually case him. I don't cause he is easy.

Nucleus is a really dumb world.

Both Daiya and Nucleus aren't scum together. Daiya might be scum, but I'm trying to come up with other directions right now and it's falling short. So something isn't right, and I should at least explore other options even if he is. Nucleus could be scum but I don't really give a strawberries about that given what I've said, and the flavourgaming and rolegaming Fabloo is doing is really nice to listen to. There's just too many doubts.

I think the main issue I would have is that my direct PoE then becomes Banana spritzee and Tom. And like that would be cool I suppose, but if Daiya is hardbussing his partner on Day 1, that doesn't really make any sense. So what am I missing?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1309 on: April 20, 2020, 10:50:30 AM »
Scumteam is away from computer.

Scumteam can be away from computer because scumteam hasn't been pressured yet.

If it's just TBZ raikaria Tom this game was unnecessarily stupid. But I'd throw my hands up at that.

Lynch TBZ for being bad and call it a day.

« Reply #1310 on: April 20, 2020, 10:53:49 AM »
Back on page 6? I don't remember at the time, he just strikes me as a pretty smart type of guy. Pun intended.

Disappointing, but understandable. Hm.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1311 on: April 20, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »
Disappointing, but understandable. Hm.

If you want a better idea I would assume it had something to do with "he's smart, nobody wants to argue he's scum, he's got good thought patterns that I enjoy and I have a rule not to look too closely at people who are good at mafia on Day 1."

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1312 on: April 20, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »
fire truck.

##Unvote

Game sucks.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1313 on: April 20, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
I'm not sure why people keep trying to pair me up in scumteams with people I'm actively trying to lynch.

« Reply #1314 on: April 20, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
Tbh the “nobody wants to argue he’s scum” on D1 makes me look at certain players more.

I don’t actually scumread BBM here (I don’t read him either way yet) but ED1 feels like scum would be very comfortable with not much going on, which makes me a little nervous.

Also Serela’s Fabloo vote kinda sucked.

« Reply #1315 on: April 20, 2020, 11:08:34 AM »
The fact that Zwer died first also kinda feeds into that too, based on what I’ve seen so far.

« Reply #1316 on: April 20, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »
Scumteam is away from computer.

Scumteam can be away from computer because scumteam hasn't been pressured yet.

If it's just TBZ raikaria Tom this game was unnecessarily stupid. But I'd throw my hands up at that.

Lynch TBZ for being bad and call it a day.

Stupid because of Bard and Tom D1?

I get the feeling that they shouldn’t realistically be scum here together but I remember feeling like Tom was only scum with Bard if he was scum with anyone at one point.

This game is weird.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1317 on: April 20, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »
No it's stupid because people were fighting at each other when the scumteam are doing literally nothing.

Do note that I believe none of this. I'm just frustrated cause I'm digging up all options and it all seems wrong.

« Reply #1318 on: April 20, 2020, 11:35:36 AM »
That’s a mood. The more I read of this game, the less I feel like I understand it.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1319 on: April 20, 2020, 11:44:08 AM »
I am awake, how much time do we have left?