Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 831824 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #1170 on: April 20, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
Votecount
Disquieted (4): Serela, banana spritzee, BigBangMeteor, Tom
Daiya (2): Fabloo, Polaris
NucleusWaffles (2): Yaersulf, PX
Yaersulf (1): NucleusWaffles
Tom (1): raikaria
Serela (1):  NekoNekoRex
Polaris (1):, Disquieted
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:29:50 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #1171 on: April 20, 2020, 01:32:20 AM »
Polaris if you still think Nucleus isn't at least very suspicious, you should go back and read his posts from D2.

« Reply #1172 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:20 AM »
To be honest as much as I was seeing Polaris as town D1, I'm not seeing it so much any more. If Nucleus is scum, Polaris' refusal to actually talk about him despite having (at least as far as I see it) pretty clear opinions on Nucleus' contemporaries for possible lynching.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1173 on: April 20, 2020, 01:41:29 AM »
I think Big Bang Meteor/Raikaria/Yaesulf is the scum team.

I mean no offense to Tom but he is busy with other obligations and is likely joining this game because forum mafia is the biggest hit and the last remaining community spirit MoTK has got going for it.

Taking Tom out because he is not posting, when he has a strong alibi is not helpful.

Daiya was taking a similar stance, but the choice of words when he was riled up and immediately clammed makes me think we are not on the right track.

Similarly, NNR had absolutely no reason whatsoever to join in the firefight which Polaris, Disquieted, Big Bang Meteor were starting, this seems very town with me.

Going with Serela too, I think Polaris vs Serela was very genuine frustration at a stagnant game.

Disquieted was annoyed at the casualness which this game is being approached, and retailiated from not being taken seriously and relief from voting pressure being off by starting another wagon, I think this is a scummy move but comes from a reasonable place.

I also think Disquieted's role speculation is really off coming from a town place, like I literally remember someone saying Masons/Tracker dead town has no power roles. That sounds like gloating, and who do we have here that's repeatedly drilling this logic in our heads?

I refer you to #1085 and #1097, both on page 37, masons mentioned by raikaria, then BBM.

Literally, nobody else talked about power roles in pages 37 to 40 since I last checked in.

I feel our roles are being fished out by a scum team that thinks they are winning, and are now content to let us play the traditionalist game while they speculate on the power roles

##Unvote
##Vote raikaria

I think explanations are in order.

cut twice

Disquieted (4): Serela, banana spritzee, BigBangMeteor, Tom
Daiya (2): Fabloo, Polaris
NucleusWaffles (2): Yaersulf, PX
Yaersulf (1): NucleusWaffles
Tom (1): raikaria
Serela (1):  NekoNekoRex
Polaris (1):, Disquieted
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):

Polaris

« Reply #1174 on: April 20, 2020, 01:44:21 AM »
i mean, nucleus's posts are all completely incoherent to the point that i think he's just insane town. i don't think i've ever refused to talk about him

cut by nucleus oh god do i have to read this

Polaris

« Reply #1175 on: April 20, 2020, 01:51:49 AM »
actually yaersulf do you have any opinions on someone who isn't nucleus? (or zeenana, who's like the only other person you've mentioned as a suspect)

Tom

« Reply #1176 on: April 20, 2020, 01:52:25 AM »
Indeed I have several other obligations so my mafia time is limited, but I'm keeping up as much as I can.  I'm still going to stand by my Disquieted vote, and Serela suspicion at the time being from what I've skimmed through.

« Reply #1177 on: April 20, 2020, 02:01:51 AM »
Yeah I'd say I'm less suspicious of Disquieted than I was. I'd be happy to join a Tom, Daiya, Zeenana, or maybe a Serela lynch. Maaaybe a Raikara one too but that'd be a bit of a stretch.

BBM is at this point is probably my highest townread. After my initial suspicion on D1 I'm warming to Fabloo, the more he leverages his privileged position the better in my opinion, which is also why I wish PX would post more.

Polaris

« Reply #1178 on: April 20, 2020, 02:10:10 AM »
actually yaersulf do you have any opinions on someone who isn't nucleus? (or zeenana, who's like the only other person you've mentioned as a suspect)

sorry, i guess i should also count your latest post about me as an opinion. i forgot at first because it was about me

cut: ok these seem like weirdly reasonable opinions, the problem is that scum can also easily fake these sorts of opinions so i think (if you're town) you should start posting your thoughts without having to be prompted so we can get a better idea of if they're happening genuinely or if you're trying to fake it.

btw i'm revisiting the <tom, yaersulf, nucleus> newbie trio since it is entirely possible i'm giving them too much of a pass

Polaris

« Reply #1179 on: April 20, 2020, 02:12:27 AM »
i say "weirdly reasonable" because you kept saying that your opinions don't matter, but they're fine!!!! just post more!!!!

« Reply #1180 on: April 20, 2020, 02:17:29 AM »
Ok I'll try to do that in future, I've mostly not been because I keep second guessing how valuable my input really is. I'm not exactly a paragon of self-confidence.

By the way, to clarify on you Polaris. I'd only consider you as possible scum if and only if Nucleus had already flipped scum. So personally I'd be against lynching you today.

Cut by words of encouragement.

Polaris

« Reply #1181 on: April 20, 2020, 02:20:35 AM »
i looked at nucleus's posts again and i read px's case on him and i'm starting to think it'll be a good idea if nucleus just fullclaims.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1182 on: April 20, 2020, 02:27:50 AM »
My powers are aligned with the universe. Thus, I cannot comment on the matter at this moment.

I am a universal backup. Each night, I may target a player, if they die, I receive their powers.

I targeted Daiya on N1, I got nothing.

I have other conditions to my powers but I would like to not fully divulge at the moment.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1183 on: April 20, 2020, 02:35:59 AM »
...what?

##unvote
##vote NucleusWaffles

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1184 on: April 20, 2020, 02:37:23 AM »
so he's a universal backup but

he has to target the person on the night they're killed

and it's gender-specific

and it apparently has MORE conditions?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1185 on: April 20, 2020, 02:37:42 AM »
Tfw Nucleus's post has some decent points about daiya and smartbomb but then susses me

Of all the ways to suspect me, only rolespeccing instead of trying to scumhunt is a very weird one. The entire point of me talking about the dead roles is to show how we actually cannot rely on roles.

I just don't understand the Polaris votes. I feel like his mindset is really townie. He's really trying to engage with his scumreads, even reading past games. Having trouble imagining someone going back to reread an old game to push a mislynch on serela of all people. That feels very unnecessary (sorry serela), though I suppose polaris could just be making stuff up.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Daiya

Was mulling this over for a while but I think this is the most likely to hit scum. There have been some points they've made but I've consistently felt that daiya has come in to post under pressure? I can't explain every part of their play from a scum mindset but several times I feel like they're either piling onto other wagons or unvoting once sentiment changes. The smartbomb vote and unvote for example felt like this. I don't see connectivity between their D1 and D2. I don't believe they talked much about smartbomb on D1 and I don't believe they've talked much about their D1 suspects on D2. (Phoneposting unfortunately so I can't verify this)

Daiya, who do you think is scum? I feel like you haven't really pushed the stuff you did in D1. What do you still think about Tom? Yaersulf?

Don't feel super well so this is probably it for me tonight.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1186 on: April 20, 2020, 02:39:18 AM »
gg the claim

Why did you target Daiya? I'm super confused. Why did you think that Daiya might die?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1187 on: April 20, 2020, 02:42:58 AM »
I have the answer to your question.

But before that, can I ask why do you think Daiya will not die?

Polaris

« Reply #1188 on: April 20, 2020, 02:43:45 AM »
i wish i were dead right now

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1189 on: April 20, 2020, 02:45:51 AM »

But before that, can I ask why do you think Daiya will not die?

Wait, to clarify, does the person have to die specifically on the night you target them or can they die at any time after you target them? Can you only target one person ever?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1190 on: April 20, 2020, 02:48:16 AM »
If they have to die on the night you target them (how I interpreted it), town!Daiya was never going to be killed N1 because D1 ended with several ppl talking about how they wanted to lynch daiya on D2.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1191 on: April 20, 2020, 02:49:30 AM »
yes
this claim makes no sense
none of it

Polaris

« Reply #1192 on: April 20, 2020, 02:50:59 AM »
listen, nucleus could be lying, but there is a very real possibility that nucleus is just an insane person who completely misunderstood his role and i'm genuinely not sure

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1193 on: April 20, 2020, 02:55:13 AM »
Does dormio generally give scumteams fake roleclaims?

I think it's relatively unlikely that nucleus would be crumbing a fake ed1 unless he had a mod-given fakeclaim.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1194 on: April 20, 2020, 02:56:24 AM »
His claim makes sense to me, he just doesn't know how to use it.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1195 on: April 20, 2020, 03:06:21 AM »

I'd like to hear it too.

Polaris

« Reply #1196 on: April 20, 2020, 03:09:42 AM »
ok after examining the flipped role PMs it seems like there's a pattern of not having standardized role names, so i think it's possible that nucleus tried to look up his role and came up with "universal backup" as the name even though universal backups (at least the way i understand it) work differently from that.

re: BBM, as far as i remember, dormio does not give fakeclaims (as far as i remember, motk games generally do not give fakeclaims other than a "here's what a vanilla townie role pm looks like")

would like that follow-up post from nucleus with the requested clarifications before passing judgment

Tom

« Reply #1197 on: April 20, 2020, 03:15:37 AM »
If he targets scum and a vigilante kills them would he be able to get scum's abilities?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1198 on: April 20, 2020, 03:22:14 AM »
I have nothing else to offer, the game stagnated, we had one day left which is reasonably long enough for a shift in opinions and short enough to deny a scum coordinated response.

I really don't want a Disquieted and Daiya lynch, hence my decision to claim.

cut 1

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1199 on: April 20, 2020, 03:27:15 AM »
If he targets scum and a vigilante kills them would he be able to get scum's abilities?

I won't.