Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819107 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2020, 01:35:04 AM »
Votecount
Disquieted (4): NekoNekoRex, Serela, banana spritzee, BigBangMeteor
Serela (2): Tom, Polaris
NucleusWaffles (2): Yaersulf, PX
Polaris (1): Daiya
Daiya (1): Disquieted
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, NucleusWaffles, raikaria

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:31:18 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2020, 01:35:15 AM »
Oh right, BBM. Here’s the deal;

- There is nothing in the scumbook that says they can’t give townreads or townshields. Even if NucleusWaffle is town - which I’m kind of squinting at given the conversation we had last night - Daiya has given one strong townread in the entire game. From a scum!Daiya perspective, he has approximately 10 or so Town people to try and lynch, maybe he just doesn’t want to lynch the claimed PR.

- Take it from any sort of perspective. You’re at the end of the day and you have town town wagons. You know this cause you’re mafia. What’s the correct play to do here?

Trick question. There isn’t one. You can do whatever you want. Nobody cares. In fact the correct play from all alignments is to consolidate on meow, cause why wouldn’t you? Like walk through what Daiya gains from staying on Yaersulf.

To be clear, none of this means he’s scum cause of it. But you asked me to respond to the reasons you townread him.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #992 on: April 19, 2020, 01:41:17 AM »
what daiya gains from staying on yaersulf is that he doesn't end up on a wagon that's a mislynch and doesnt draw attention to himself for no reason. if the wagons are town/town, scum!daiya a) probably picks meow given earlier comments about yaersulf and b) if he does pick yaersulf he just stays on yaersulf unless people are really yelling at him to switch to consolidate. it's much more likely that town!daiya waffled cuz he was unsure than that scum!daiya waffled for no reason.

but isn't part of your case that the voteswitch felt forced and not genuine? why would scum!daiya force himself to switch votes from one town to another?

Polaris

« Reply #993 on: April 19, 2020, 01:41:39 AM »
ugghghghgghhgh i still suspect serela for ~*~meta~*~ reasons i guess but bbm is once again being my conscience so i guess i have to uproot this case and think of a better one

i guess question for smartbomb, have you read daiya's latest posts (with the vote on me) and how does that affect your vote, if it is affected at all

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #994 on: April 19, 2020, 01:44:45 AM »
when I asked you for serela meta earlier you said you didnt have any ;_;

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #995 on: April 19, 2020, 01:45:15 AM »
ugghghghgghhgh i still suspect serela for ~*~meta~*~ reasons i guess but bbm is once again being my conscience so i guess i have to uproot this case and think of a better one

i guess question for smartbomb, have you read daiya's latest posts (with the vote on me) and how does that affect your vote, if it is affected at all

A bit. I kind of run on process of elimination, so Daiya is already in a tough spot in that whatever hole I’ve made for him in my mind is always relative to everyone else. Short of playing like Yaersulf today it’s gonna be tough, which is how it is.

I’ve been more paying attention to his response to me of course. I think I briefly looked over his other responses and not really feeling it, but, whatever. Still trying to think about his response to me though.

Bit of a word salad.

@BBM, are you aware that lynches don’t happen unless there’s a majority? From all perspectives, is a no lynch good?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #996 on: April 19, 2020, 01:48:12 AM »
yeah but if daiya was voting to consolidate he would just say "ok it doesnt look like we'll get a lynch unless i switch votes" and then we're not having this conversation

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #997 on: April 19, 2020, 01:49:22 AM »
Too much happened, just checking in for now.

Polaris

« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2020, 01:50:21 AM »
i said i reread an old game and that serela's meta kinda sorta matches up perfectly with this one >:(

also i think serela's recent interaction here where he pretty much defends against himself with no update on the scumhunting front is at least "bad", and i would even say scummy

bbm: stop trying to press the daiya vote switch town read, you are getting weird about it

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #999 on: April 19, 2020, 01:51:44 AM »
yeah but if daiya was voting to consolidate he would just say "ok it doesnt look like we'll get a lynch unless i switch votes" and then we're not having this conversation

You think it's that easy? To start off with, he did say that and then added a bit on.

Theoretical question. Daiya hasn't played here, so he doesn't know the """""meta"""". Is it normal for people to get called out for flipping their votes? How is Daiya supposed to explain that he voted someone he liked over someone that he currently has his vote on?

These are all standard questions and what you said... you're saying that just cause he didn't say that exact phrasing, with that exact structure, means he's more townie for it. Which is ridiculous, no?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1000 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:37 AM »
i said i reread an old game and that serela's meta kinda sorta matches up perfectly with this one >:(

also i think serela's recent interaction here where he pretty much defends against himself with no update on the scumhunting front is at least "bad", and i would even say scummy

bbm: stop trying to press the daiya vote switch town read, you are getting weird about it

What meta? Was it a town game or a scum game? How so?

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1001 on: April 19, 2020, 01:55:15 AM »
it's possible that i'm assuming too much that daiya is playing optimally given he's new. but given that any given person is more likely to be town than scum anyways I'm more willing to err on this side. i think most new players commit errors of inaction rather than errors of action anyways

sigh. i will read daiya / the daiya cases again.

fair point on serela's recent posts.

Polaris

« Reply #1002 on: April 19, 2020, 01:56:29 AM »
scum!serela meta which i personally have identified as lurking, trying to look like he's keeping up with the thread by commenting on a lot of things but it's mostly just fluff, seemingly not having any original opinion of his own (but apparently it's not actually happening in this game so w/e), and i guess his general tone, which probably worthless to anyone but me

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1003 on: April 19, 2020, 01:57:59 AM »
I also don't know where this is coming from. Daiya isn't new lol, I haven't looked this up but I am pretty sure he's played a significant amount of games on Serenes Forest. He's not a newbie.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1004 on: April 19, 2020, 01:58:40 AM »
I also don't know where this is coming from. Daiya isn't new lol, I haven't looked this up but I am pretty sure he's played a significant amount of games on Serenes Forest. He's not a newbie.

w-what

Polaris

« Reply #1005 on: April 19, 2020, 02:01:37 AM »
this is an observation i'm just making now but i feel like town serela posts usually have him feel more "present" in the game, whereas serela's activity in this game feels like a lot of downtime, and then massive wallposts where he tries to "catch up" with everything and a lot of his posts feel really isolated as a result (which i suppose could be a side effect of lurking)

i guess fabloo already mentioned how a lot of posts seem "isolated" so it might not even just be serela, ugggh what is going on with this game

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #1006 on: April 19, 2020, 02:04:26 AM »
I can't read the content now so I will just summarise what I managed to skim since I last argued with Yaersulf.

Serela is the prime wagon now for not being same as past games.

Fabloo/PX whom I was concerned with are still not here.

Some arguments between Disquieted and BBM

Very long walls, again, I need some time to read, but my prime suggestion for everyone involved is please chill, remember the length of your arguments are only as good as the number of people in it, or something.

This argument right now seems so excessively long with so few number of participants, its going to be tedious for everyone to go back and check every point being made.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1007 on: April 19, 2020, 02:05:20 AM »
w-what

Even if I'm wrong, do you think Daiya's posting like a newbie?

This is a weird narrative.

Polaris

« Reply #1008 on: April 19, 2020, 02:08:11 AM »
Serela is the prime wagon

no offense but how on earth did you come to this conclusion

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1009 on: April 19, 2020, 02:10:57 AM »
ok it turns out daiya actually has played multiple games on SF. somehow i have not played a game with him, although it's also possible i just forgot.

now that I think about it I actually have no idea why I thought daiya was a new player. that means i definitely need to reread daiya's posts but i don't think it actually changes my reason for thinking he's town. it does make me think less favourably of the rest of his posts though

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1010 on: April 19, 2020, 02:12:39 AM »
i mean

the huge wagon right now is the person i'm voting, so.

smartbomb's come back now but it hasn't really gone anywhere yet so i don't see much need to revisit it (Summary of the case on you in one sentence:Waffley rambling that doesn't go anywhere for all of D1, underwhelming scumhunting in general)

also daiya literally said in one of their last few posts that they've played several games of mafia before

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1011 on: April 19, 2020, 02:13:17 AM »
also i'm very honoured to be promoted to prime wagon

i would like to make smartbomb my heir

OH WAIT ;D

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1012 on: April 19, 2020, 02:13:57 AM »
i mean

the huge wagon right now is the person i'm voting, so.

smartbomb's come back now but it hasn't really gone anywhere yet so i don't see much need to revisit it (Summary of the case on you in one sentence:Waffley rambling that doesn't go anywhere for all of D1, underwhelming scumhunting in general)

also daiya literally said in one of their last few posts that they've played several games of mafia before

Cool.

Why is this scummy?

Polaris

« Reply #1013 on: April 19, 2020, 02:15:01 AM »
i feel like a sensible person should have at least two or three scumreads, but your loss

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1014 on: April 19, 2020, 02:16:43 AM »
Daiya's post by now just seems like an island. I think for me personally that the biggest problem right now is if there is a lot of subtle undermining being done. I don't know if this is because others want their opinions to seem greater or if scum is in a position where the townies are not really putting in the legwork but they still feel compelled to post anyways.

I've had this feeling this whole phase.

Fabloo

« Reply #1015 on: April 19, 2020, 02:18:31 AM »
In this regard as well.

Is that how it is? This makes me less comfortable in some of my reads. The scum team is working overtime right now if it were hypothetically some form of Serela/Disquieted/Daiya.

Fabloo

« Reply #1016 on: April 19, 2020, 02:20:41 AM »
Being a mason and pretty much in my eyes a role that confirms my innocence makes my thoughts leak out more. Especially when my other head is not here. You're all my quicktopic.

Polaris

« Reply #1017 on: April 19, 2020, 02:24:54 AM »
i just wish more people would give reads :(

Fabloo

« Reply #1018 on: April 19, 2020, 02:28:37 AM »
I'm with you. I would like definitive stances instead of walking people through an opinion of someone as if everyone lacks observational skills. Perhaps this is where the idea of bad play is happening. And others feel compelled to make it clear that they aren't the ones that are.

So far this continues to repeat. I don't think it's helpful anymore.

Polaris

« Reply #1019 on: April 19, 2020, 02:31:44 AM »