Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 838971 times)

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #960 on: April 18, 2020, 11:00:49 PM »
##Vote NucleusWaffle

This is where I want to put my vote on for today.

However, if its true that by D2 our tracker is gone and mason lovers are outed now (if true), other town power roles really need to step up their game now and vanilla towns should draw the nightkill attention as much as they can because power-wise we are urgently at a big disadvantage.
This I feel definitely doesn't sound like it comes from a town mindset. All town should have the same focus: Find scum and get them dead. This is saying to do otherwise, and suggesting a way to line up targets for the scum.

Third parties are jesters of mafia, according to mafiascum.

Lovers with nighttalk and such control over information (greatest asset in mafia, every vote is lethal) is not town-sided at all.

Town functions best as a communist faction, scum functions best as a capitalist faction. To end this interrogation, I surmise power roles are an evil impurity and we should seek to reject it as pure Lunarians.

I identify as a fairy though
This immediately speaks of the opposite of what he just said. Or it's all just pure fluff to look like he's saying something. Either way, does not sound right.

As for the rest of his posts for the day, it's all been pure set up speculation and not much looking for scum, to the point where he doesn't even have a vote down for anyone.

Nucleus the way I see it is:

1)You have a special town role, the scum already basically know this at this point. Therefore you may as well reveal what it actually does because that's not going to make you any more of a target. (Certainly not more of a target than Fabloo/PX)

2)The reason you want to know people's gender is for some scummy purpose, which you would still have a reason to obfuscate. Therefore, hiding your role makes you seem more scummy.

So come clean already.
This post rings out, since after trying to get information by claiming a role, he immediately backs away from it when questioned and discourages it. I see no real purpose to hide his information as town, so I think he's scum.

Disquieted as others have said also looks sus right now, but I feel like he has a connection to Nucleus and a flip from either will help determine the other, and Nucleus I feel is more likely for now.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:20 PM »
Serela I didn't like after Day 1, but his last post looks fine to me so not so much a priority for now.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day 2)
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2020, 11:06:54 PM »
Votecount
Disquieted (4): NekoNekoRex, Serela, banana spritzee, BigBangMeteor
Serela (2): Tom, Polaris
NucleusWaffles (2): Yaersulf, PX
NekoNekoRex (1): Disquieted
Polaris (1): Daiya
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
banana spritzee (0):
Tom (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, NucleusWaffles, raikaria

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:31:26 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Polaris

« Reply #963 on: April 19, 2020, 12:16:51 AM »
well nothing happened worth reacting to so i guess i'll just make a reads post

serela (the person i'm voting) - his vote on smartbomb, in a vacuum, would be okay IF NOT FOR the fact that it fell exactly into the pattern of awkwardly being the second person to vote someone to the point that it almost doesn't look like his own independent read, which would imo still could go either way (maybe he could be just unlucky town) IF NOT FOR the fact that near the end of day 1 he asked me to vote daiya first before him because for some reason he couldn't just do it on his own, which really puts everything into context. also, he keeps refusing to commit to a stance on me but is otherwise treating me as if i'm town, which reads to me as if he's just scum who already knows i'm town and dancing around me on the off chance that people suddenly want to lynch me, at which point he'd probably go "ok i finally got around to reading polly and my conclusion is that he's totally scum!" would still lynch

daiya - might back off on him for now. it's entirely possible that he is just bad at posting (which he has claimed to be) so i might just have to drop my standards and put him on the same level as, like, nnr and raikaria. i still think his case on me is more of a weak push, and he still needs to update with a read on smartbomb (it's actually really unfortunate that he didn't get that in before the wagon on smartbomb actually spiked up, that would have been super useful). i'm mostly going along with the idea that bbm is right that daiya's flip from yaersulf to meow in eod1 does seem like something scum wouldn't have done in the moment (assuming town/town wagons), so i guess it's ultimately a "we'll see from here"

smartbomb - what has smartbomb actually done? all i remember is his push on me d1 which went nowhere and his push on daiya d2 which wasn't even accompanied by a vote (at least part of my daiya vote was to see if smartbomb would show up and fix it, but like i said, he's a cryptid) so if anything i feel like i should be the one to accuse him of being "perfunctory". this is a decent lynch and one i would definitely go for if not for serela who i think is a great lynch. i actually thought the smartbomb wagon wouldn't be popular but it ended up being so, which is why i think scum could just be bussing (esp. if they also thought that the smartbomb wagon wouldn't be popular)

zeenana - has still done nothing except vote me (i can't even tell if he voted me after reading the thread or if he just voted me because i just happened to be there at the time) and then vote smartbomb, which is arguably not a tell for anything but i can't help but project myself onto it because we happened to perform the same action at the same time :v i'm weirdly ok with not lynching him though.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #964 on: April 19, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »
polly i was saying daiya was scummy for half of d1 and voted him a pretty decent hunk of it as well

i have no idea how you're portraying me as somehow scummily attempting to cheerlead a daiya wagon without being on it myself

no comment on how you feel about my smartbomb vote because if it's so scummy to not be the first person who finds smartbomb scummy idk what to say to you i guess almost the entire game is scummy then????

so sorry I don't have a well defined read on like TWO PEOPLE in the game out of 13 of them *rolls eyes*

Polaris

« Reply #965 on: April 19, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »
serela i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to everybody else

« Reply #966 on: April 19, 2020, 12:27:19 AM »
Polaris, what do you think about Nucleus though?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #967 on: April 19, 2020, 12:27:46 AM »
polly
are you literally complaining that i responded to your case on me.

Polaris

« Reply #968 on: April 19, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »
i dislike nucleus on principle but i don't know if he's scum for it, and i don't really care about lynching him

of course i will consolidate if somehow none of my big reads get taken to deadline, but this seems unlikely to me? is nucleus an actually viable wagon?

also i need to think of a nickname for nucleus, i don't know if i like nucleus

Polaris

« Reply #969 on: April 19, 2020, 12:35:19 AM »
serela your response is WORTHLESS

« Reply #970 on: April 19, 2020, 12:36:12 AM »
But don't you think Nucleus' refusal to talk about his role and non-answers to my questions are really really suspicious?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #971 on: April 19, 2020, 12:36:34 AM »
and polly

in case you forgot

smartbomb was my second lynch priority d1 after daiya???

I didn't try to push it at the end of the day because people were talking about lynching daiya (Even though the wagon strangely never materialized for real) but like, it's not as though I came into d2 with a new opinion on him, i was interested in lnyching smartbomb halfway into d1

I feel like disquieted is barking up a very strange tree here with his Polly questioning, and I mean that in the kind of "i don't see why town would find this a valid point worth pursuing". However he hasn't voted polly or posted in awhile after this so I'll have to see what occurs later
[snip]
OH HEY disquieted is returning to the Polly thing! and... wait... he types a huge thing and I'd probably be voting him (well, no, I like my fabloo vote, but I'd be interested in voting him too at least) if he voted Polly at the end but instead he just... deflates and says 'eh this isn't that big but I guess I should say it, not really a case, don't really want to lynch polly', and while on one hand I guess that's arguably better than voting Polly because I actually agree with his end conclusion like this more than if he did say it was pretty scummy, he also uh

spent all of his game effort up to now to say that, he still has no opinion about anything...??? ...this is basically scummy active lurking at this point??

ok disquieted posts again immediately after this with a lot more opinions on stuff so this ISN'T scummy active lurking, I still don't like that he seems to have literally no actual vote preferences though which isn't good, and then... oh now he's depressed and leaving aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why is the game already falling apart normally it takes a few more days for everyone to get upset at everyone else
[snip]
OK! I've made it to the end of the thread. The people I have lynch interest in after this:Fabloo, Disquieted. Definitely moreso Fabloo tho'. Yes there's other stuff going on that might be worth mentioning but 5 pages of mafia at once has successfully tired out my brain and I don't have any terribly interesting opinions right now about the other bits anyway, if you have a question about anything in particular you can ask and then I can make a focused response about one individual thing, much easier zzzzzzzzzzzz

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #972 on: April 19, 2020, 12:37:28 AM »
i meant to say after fabloo but i forgot where my post was going and got names mixed up

they were all in there somewhere

Polaris

« Reply #973 on: April 19, 2020, 12:40:28 AM »
ok fine that's a fair point but you really should structure your posts better

Polaris

« Reply #974 on: April 19, 2020, 12:41:38 AM »
god i looked at the quoted post and it doesn't even fit on my laptop screen even if you take out the quotes

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #975 on: April 19, 2020, 12:43:56 AM »
it's just frustrating when your points are like

*serela asked me to vote daiya with him! the person he's been talking about being scummy and has been voting for awhile! and who I've been voting recently!
*serela didn't vote smartbomb first so his opinion looks fake! (even though this was the same opinion he had day one)
*serela doesn't have a rock solid read on every single living player, only five sixths of them! [and the people missing solid opinions are... not really persons of interest right now anyway?]

Polaris

« Reply #976 on: April 19, 2020, 12:46:47 AM »
i mean, if you put it that way, i feel like my case makes perfect sense

and tbh all i really want is a rock solid read on me

Polaris

« Reply #977 on: April 19, 2020, 12:47:58 AM »
according to you, i have the worst case in the world! ok, so what's your read on me, you coward

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #978 on: April 19, 2020, 12:50:43 AM »
my read on you is the same one I had earlier

i think you have the worst case in the world which makes me want to think you might be scum
but you're also consistently the most active player here and putting in a lot of effort and that suggests you're just town with misguided ideas

these are two conflicting feelings so SORRY POLLY THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS

« Reply #979 on: April 19, 2020, 12:58:52 AM »
something about Polaris's tone leaves me unconvinced he's town tbh (might just be TT, which I usually end up being wrong)

celery is just fine atm. idk why people were pointing him out before probably because I've only read like the last 5 pages (I should probably read more). Also are people just ignoring the mason claims rn? I think I saw something about that while skimming.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #980 on: April 19, 2020, 01:02:19 AM »
we talked about the mason claims day one, and now we're done talking about them pretty much

which is both disappointing and a relief because i'd run px off a cliff for lurking, it's not the prods so much as when he does post he makes like, one point, drops a vote, and leaves again, but since PX's meta is lurking as either alignment if I remember right, i guess in the end it's just for the best he's a mason instead of a mislynch

Polaris

« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2020, 01:02:42 AM »
SERELA PLEASE

w/e neither of us really matter in this anyway, mafia is a team game anyway so it's up to them to decide (which was my initial point saying that i was talking to everyone else, there's really no point to arguing my case with the person i'm voting)

zeenana: yeah we're "ignoring" the mason claims in that we've all basically acknowledged that we're not lynching them for now

Polaris

« Reply #982 on: April 19, 2020, 01:03:41 AM »
the serela please was for him being ambivalent again like three posts above, not for the post right above it

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #983 on: April 19, 2020, 01:05:57 AM »
ok px's post is actually slightly better today i guess but, still ;_;

also oh hi cut by polly. sorry polly!

also plz, don't remove yourself from the relevance of you trying to drive a wagon on me!! (and obviously i am supposed to try to defend myself from said wagon)

that's a scummy thing to do??
but also somehow it doesn't REALLY feel like you're scum doing it?

this is the problem here ok

Polaris

« Reply #984 on: April 19, 2020, 01:08:12 AM »
what, i'm not giving up on driving the wagon on you, there's just no point in trying to convince you that you're scum

i'm sure everyone will have lots of questions about my serela case, or they will ignore it entirely because they all suck

« Reply #985 on: April 19, 2020, 01:08:56 AM »
I was actually debating lynching PX too. Lol

« Reply #986 on: April 19, 2020, 01:10:05 AM »
btw zeenana is a goat nickname that I am going to use now nice

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #987 on: April 19, 2020, 01:23:57 AM »
I have no interest dealing with this wagon on me.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #988 on: April 19, 2020, 01:26:32 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Daiya

Feel free to boil down the case on me in a single sentence.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #989 on: April 19, 2020, 01:34:00 AM »
what, i'm not giving up on driving the wagon on you, there's just no point in trying to convince you that you're scum

i'm sure everyone will have lots of questions about my serela case, or they will ignore it entirely because they all suck

honestly i feel like this is town infighting sorry polly  :( i dont really agree with the bit about serela not voting smartbomb first that feels like confirmation bias what else is serela supposed to do if someone else votes him first?