Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819095 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #570 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:13 PM »
Votecount
Polaris (2): NekoNekoRex, Disquieted
Fabloo (2): NucleusWaffles, Yaersulf
meow56 (2): BigBangMeteor, Tom
Yaersulf (2): Fabloo, raikaria
Daiya (2): Polaris, Serela
Tom (1): Daiya
NekoNekoRex (1): PX
Serela (1): zwerdjib
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: meow56, banana spritzee

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

Polaris

« Reply #571 on: April 16, 2020, 08:41:34 PM »
lurker callout s o o n

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #572 on: April 16, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »
i like nnrs posts, somewhat. tonally, not content wise, though.

sorry. dry out of thoughts right now. polaris is right in that we should consolidate somewhere but tbh not entirely sure where. serela is a fine lynch, polaris too, yaer is... i havent read his posts, honestly. unsure why we are lynching meow atp. tom slot gets solved later when we can actually differentiate genuine newbieness from acting... hmmm

oh, i guess bbm is also okay to not lynch? i dont take issue with his posts... which worries me, somewhat. agreeableness isnt something i wanna base my trs off.

everyone else hasnt pinged me at all

Polaris

« Reply #573 on: April 16, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
more people have expressed interest in a daiya lynch than a me lynch, so i propose that daiya is also a viable lynch target

Conqueror

« Reply #574 on: April 16, 2020, 09:06:00 PM »
Prodded banana spritzee
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:08:42 PM by Conqueror »

Polaris

« Reply #575 on: April 16, 2020, 09:07:11 PM »
banana spritzee is now scum

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #576 on: April 16, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
banana spritzee is now scum

iirc he works like 10 hour shifts so not entirely true

but willing to tentatively vote him if we cant vote elsewhere really

Polaris

« Reply #577 on: April 16, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »
*rolls eyes* ok fine

zwj, what about daiya
or is that post saying you would vote daiya (i am understanding it as you would vote banana spritzee)

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #578 on: April 16, 2020, 09:23:39 PM »
God this is a terrible wagon situation

Meow > daiya > BANANA TURBOWAGON > yaersulf > nnr > Tom > polaris

Honestly nobias other than NNR it seems like everyone is kind of ok with meow and daiya? They seem like targets that are better to consolidate on than Polaris where a couple people are strongly against the lynch.

Cant believe Mason claims and NNR sussing me randomly are going to stop my bid to play the perfect amount of mafia (1 day phase per year)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #579 on: April 16, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »
A couple people opposing a Polaris lynch isnt a reason to throw it out entirely.

I feel the "wagon choices" are a little too easy.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »
I like Polaris less and less
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Polaris

« Reply #581 on: April 16, 2020, 09:30:41 PM »
NNR i have literally tried to push my own lynch, the problem is people are physically not showing up to make it happen

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #582 on: April 16, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »
Polly wait what, have you

Also yes these wagon choices are garbage but what are you gonna do

Also idk how it's apparently scummy of me to not have a strong read on Polly by the end of d1

Polaris

« Reply #583 on: April 16, 2020, 09:33:50 PM »
i'll have you know on record i gave up before i was ever being considered for a lynch. i'll push my own goddamn wagon if i have to if it means town will get off their asses and actually realize that mafia is a game where you need the power of friendship to beat the bad guys

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #584 on: April 16, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »
Also a banana turbowagon sounds like a garbage idea

Cool let's just go into d2 with literally no info to work with unless it miraculously flips scum

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2020, 09:36:30 PM »
I'm not gonna lie NNR at this stage I disagree with all of your reads to enough of an extent that hearing you say that makes me more confident he's town

Seriously speaking, no, a couple people disliking the Polaris lynch doesn't automatically make it a no-go but given how far we are from getting anyone at all lynched it seems like a poor decision to focus on someone that less people are satisfied with.

I'm also ??? At the notion that the lynches are "easy" when nobody other than super new people has gotten to like 4 votes at all the whole day phase. Pretty sure there are people going "yeah this guy could be scum" but not actually voting, who could be decent candidates for buddies depending on who flips scum

I'm like 50% joking about the banana turbolynch but I think it's more likely to hit scum than like, polaris

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »
Good news: I have returned

Bad news: Sleepy and tired from handling health stuff

Worse news: I think deadline is like 3am for me?

Even worse news: GUESS WHO'S DAY OFF IS DURING THE NIGHT PHASE. FOLLOWED BY 2 DAYS AT WORK.

Getting my bearings as well as I can at almost 11pm.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
my bad, i've been hardcore procrastinating.

i do feel the most strongly about tom, but it doesn't seem like people are gonna really back me up on this. i'll suck it up and try to come to a consensus with you guys. reading through a few things first, though.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2020, 09:43:16 PM »
I could argue that his goal of lynching himself for town info is obstnately a town motivated goal but its also the most anti town thing anyone could possibly do. I'd rather see him actually lynched, or modkilled at this point.

In fact, let me go harass Dormio because Polaris is consistently ignoring rule 2

Polaris

« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2020, 09:45:35 PM »
this was an answer to that btw, i'm just trying to get people to consolidate now. imo the best scumhunting info comes from who picks what wagon when it gets down to deadline, so i am genuinely fine with lynching myself if it means there is a wagon. going by the rules i'm still playing to win even if it means my own death

i've already come to the conclusion that me being lynched is more beneficial to town than a no lynch, therefore i'm still playing to win. there's nothing that specifically states that i lose when i die.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #590 on: April 16, 2020, 09:48:23 PM »
Votecount
Polaris (2): NekoNekoRex, Disquieted
Fabloo (2): NucleusWaffles, Yaersulf
meow56 (2): BigBangMeteor, Tom
Yaersulf (2): Fabloo, raikaria
Daiya (2): Polaris, Serela
Tom (1): Daiya
NekoNekoRex (1): PX
Serela (1): zwerdjib
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
banana spritzee (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: meow56, banana spritzee

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
*Looks at votecount*

Oh for crying out loud. I guess at this point it isn't so much 'lynch the person you think is scummiest' [which is still Yaersulf and Tom for me; I'm not giving newbie passes] as 'try and find the lynch that enough people find acceptable.'

I would recommend the following:

1: Everyone ranks the people with 2 or more votes in preference, you can include other people

2: Anyone voting someone with less than 2 votes currently heavily considers changeing to a 2+ wagon, these lynches are probobly going to be a lot less likly to happen.

For myself; my preference is Yaesulf > Tom [Mentioning as a benchmarker] > meow [I don't really have much of an opinion on this slot but I'll lynch it if I have to] > Daiya > Polaris >>> No Lynch >>> Fabloo

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #591 on: April 16, 2020, 09:49:18 PM »
i've already come to the conclusion that me being lynched is more beneficial to town than a no lynch, therefore i'm still playing to win. there's nothing that specifically states that i lose when i die.

Reminder I offered myself up as a VT lynch over a Town Vig claim lynch last game.

Town won.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2020, 09:50:30 PM »
But yeah we really need to start thinking about consolidation, especially as we don't know newbies timezones and if they'll even be around for deadline, and there's no way I can stay up til like 3am.

Polaris

« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2020, 09:53:16 PM »
tom > daiya > meow56 >= yaersulf > fabloo > me

admittedly i haven't thought much about yaersulf because i thought he seemed like he was trying (at least early on), but he's more or less on the same level as meow56 right now and i'm mostly just sheeping bbm on that front

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #594 on: April 16, 2020, 09:53:39 PM »
Lynching yourself is dumb and lame and strawberries. You're literally lynching the only player you can be absolutely 100% sure the alignment of. It's obstnately not playing to win and i will call you the fire truck out if you think its a town play to do so

Polaris

« Reply #595 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:46 PM »
dude what do you think lynching myself entails? it means up to 8 people have formed a definite enough scumread on me to lynch me, and i couldn't think of a better scenario for town right now.

for the record, i'm not advocating for my lynch above anyone else's, i'm advocating for my lynch above no lynch.

Conqueror

« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »
meow56 has been prodded

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #597 on: April 16, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
whoops, sorry

Reading up on the thread right now

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #598 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:35 PM »
Losing faith

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #599 on: April 16, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »
I wish i could vote PX