Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 819445 times)

Polaris

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2020, 01:10:19 AM »
yaersulf wtf i'd like to see *you* weigh in on the tom wagon??? do you or do you not agree that tom blatantly lied about scumhunting and tried to play it off?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:06 AM »
Votecount
Fabloo (3): Serela, NucleusWaffles, Tom
Tom (3): raikaria, Daiya, Polaris
NekoNekoRex (2): PX, Disquieted
Bardiche (1): NekoNekoRex
Disquieted (1): zwerdjib
meow56 (1): BigBangMeteor
Polaris (0):
raikaria (0):
PX (0):
Daiya (0):
NucleusWaffles (0):
zwerdjib (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: Fabloo, meow56, Yaersulf, BigBangMeteor, banana spritzee

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2020, 01:23:43 AM »
I'm still trying to work out what I think about Tom, the reason I haven't talked about it yet is because I've just not been sure what to say. I see where he's coming from as a new player myself and there's a certain threshold of innocent blunders that I'd be tempted to give him. But at the same time you're right that if he claims to have been scumhunting when he wasn't, there's not really much room for that to have been an innocent blunder.

Honestly I'm personally waiting to hear more out of the experienced players before I make a decision on who to vote.

Cut by Dormio, rude.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2020, 01:31:29 AM »
So my understanding is that we have 30 minutes to deadline? This doesn't really feel like we're getting a lynch here and these two people aren't my preferred choices by a long shot.

Not really happy on what to do. But it's Day 1, I don't come here to be happy.

Polaris

« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2020, 01:32:03 AM »
no we have 30 minutes + 1 day

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2020, 01:33:55 AM »
Good call. I'm going back to sleep.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2020, 03:00:23 AM »
initial impressions:

bard: Well played. ##Unvote

Raikaria: I wanna call you out on you just having terrible opinions, but after the entirety of last game I really don't know how to read that. I somehow get the feeling scum raikaria would actually be better at hunting scum than town raikaria

zwerd: Actual fire trucking scumhunting????? reads????????????? A VOTE???? I literally cannot believe this.

Fabloo: I still vaguely don't like his posts. It might just be that I agree with Serela that I don't like how he's holding his cards close to his chest this early on. I get the vague feeling he's looking more for gotchas then scumhunting?

Yaer:
My opinion on Fabloo is that he's playing his cards very close to his chest. It'd seem to me like that would make him either a Town Role or Scum?
this made me laugh because the first thing that came to mind is "So literally anything?" but then I reread it and got it.

Yaer and Nucleus: It feels like they're just kinda... here. Like enough here to exist but not quite enough to be useful. Maybe I haven't read into them enough despite their relatively sparse posts, but it's enough to make me suspicious.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2020, 03:02:15 AM »
PX: Lazy votepark. Uninspired. Lurking. Not impressed.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:17 AM »
meow: Ok I kind of like the few posts they have. Strong townvibes.

There's a lot to unpack with Tom and a few other people with more substantial content and I'll work on that next

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2020, 03:08:13 AM »
ok soI parsed this sentence as "is it wrong of me to have opinions of others that I keep to myself while asking for other people to get their opinions on them? this has been my agenda so far but it doesn't work if no one understands and feeds me their cases on my ideal suspects"

but looking back I might have misparsed something
reading this thread more is making the headache come back every time ._. I feel ok when I'm away from mafia and then I come back and become immediately exhausted
this was read as "What, no, I made a comment about disliking something and then shortly after said the people I disliked were Serela/BBM, but these were actually unrelated statements even though I barely gave any reason I didn't actually like Serela/BBM despite apparently having them"

also you didn't really differentiate things the stuff yourself of suspecting us with, you accused us both of ignoring questions and then really never followed up until trying to defend yourself now

...my head hurts i think i need to go back to bed again x_x

The more we talk about the more you've convinced yourself that you and BBM are the only people I'm focusing on. This isn't true. I offered a scenario earlier and now we're three or four pages past that. It's clear nobody feels the same way. This is fine. In hindsight, I like BBM's recently vote on meow. Back to you. Your initial impression of what I said is mostly correct. Should I suspect you harder? There was a paragraph or two left for both of you but this again happened three pages ago without much input from anyone else. I'm not stubborn to the point where people are suggesting to vote me for not being on the same wavelength.

Let's drop it here. Further confusion will probably just make it worse for both of us.

Fabloo

« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2020, 03:09:26 AM »
My thoughts on Tom remain the same and I'm not joining that wagon.

##Vote: Disquieted

Fabloo

« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2020, 03:11:24 AM »
I'm down with the idea of lynching Fabloo if that's what we're doing, but personally I'd prefer to wait day or two and see if he's actually just full of hot air or actually has been formulating some grand idea. As rude as it'd be I wouldn't mind a Banana lynch because I still feel like that could give us some possible info on nucleus (and a bunch of other people seeing as nearly everyone weighed in on Bardiche.)

What is it about my posts that makes you think I have grand ideas. What do you think about them regardless?

Fabloo

« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2020, 03:24:10 AM »
Actually. I don't wanna vote Disquieted.

The game situation is weird. There is nobody playing fundamentally bad. The only person who has had that thrown at them replaced out and the other is a newbie. The direction of this thread thus far is polarizing. I think it would take a lot of pep talk to ever vote Tom. There was a moment in time where I believed Tom/Nucleus were clearly town and nobody would vote him. I thought people were talking around them and I put it in my head that there were some people getting ready to butter them up. We are now here and Tom seems to be a very likely candidate to be lynched. What happened? The arguments made towards him aren't convincing. Even if he has his vote parked me I just don't see it. If Tom is scum then I would suspect that the more experienced players in a hypothetical team would just be leaving him out to dry.

I don't think this is happening. I'm having a hard time figuring out the details.

Fabloo

« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2020, 03:25:42 AM »
##Vote: meow56

Reframing my mindset. Not thinking two steps ahead trying to outmaneuver people.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2020, 03:34:43 AM »
My head doesn't hurt now and it's about time to go to bed but it's definitely a point where I need to establish better opinions on people who aren't Fabloo, stuff has actually happened at this point. Based on his last response my impressions of what he was saying were not incorrect, so my opinion there hasn't really changed.

I reread your posts to make SURE that your hop onto disquieted is actually as squint-worthy as I think it is. You DID poke them a couple times earlier in the day, but... it was... basically just you trying to chat with them a little?? You never actually said they did something that was scummy/suspicious/etc??? Zwerd said "hey let's try voting somewhere else" and plopped on disquieted and you went, oh yes, I agree, and that's uh... it

yeah uh
yeah i'm gonna keep voting fabloo.

OK BUT RIGHT, OTHER PEOPLE. Honestly Tom could go either way but I really don't want to vote off a newbie who isn't entirely sure what they're doing on d1. I feel like we're gonna go into d2 with very little info gained if he doesn't flip scum, and I feel like the lynch is a coinflip. (the other newbies:also being new, just gonna plant down that blanket statement because there's SO many of them and worry about it later, i don't consider these as readable slots until we get info to work with)

*NNR lookin' good after that last batch of post
*BBM seems pretty ok too
*Daiya is in the newbie pool technically but I do have a comment, they were pretty present at the start of the game but after the game legitimately got rolling, all they did was drop in a Tom vote and disappear, which does look like a red flag to me
*Polly:I feel like I -should- be able to have an opinion on polly but I reread their posts several times and I just kinda don't :shrug:

Cut, the meow vote doesn't really make me feel better either :U Meow is another person playing their first game, I don't like their empty posts but again I'm really not interested in d1 lynching someone on their first game over that, it's a coinflip and if it doesn't flip scum we probably get very little information either

Polaris

« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2020, 03:37:23 AM »
ok i thought serela of all people would validate me but even he's off in la la land so clearly it's me that's certifiably insane. congratulations guys! we have the diagnosis. i'm just going to not even care anymore

##Unvote
##Vote: Fabloo

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2020, 03:38:06 AM »
it occurs to me we have so many people playing on their first game that if we lynched all of them and only one flipped scum, we'd be in 5p lylo (unless there was any extra nks, then we'd have lost already :U) and I don't know how to feel about that

they're incredibly easy noise for scum to just point at both d1 and likely on future days and i don't know how to feel about that either because there's also way too many to just give them passes for very long at all

*sobs* please info roles save me from this nightmare

Fabloo

« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2020, 03:39:43 AM »
OK we're listening to me now. This is my game. I get too overzealous when I role really important roles.

I'm a god. No but actually. My role is omnipresent. I know a lot of things and it's very bad if I were to die.

« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2020, 03:40:33 AM »
What is it about my posts that makes you think I have grand ideas. What do you think about them regardless?

You were initially pretty quiet about about what you actually thought. Which made me think that you were holding onto something, but then I realised that this is day 1 so you can't be. So maybe you are just worth voting for.

Thanks for helping convince me :V

Cut by 2 and then Fabloo

Polaris

« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2020, 03:40:51 AM »
l m a o

Fabloo

« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2020, 03:42:35 AM »
You were initially pretty quiet about about what you actually thought. Which made me think that you were holding onto something, but then I realised that this is day 1 so you can't be. So maybe you are just worth voting for.

Thanks for helping convince me :V

Cut by 2 and then Fabloo

This is disgustingly fake. My first order as god is for you to be smited.

##Vote: Yaersulf

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #351 on: April 16, 2020, 03:43:06 AM »
what do you even do in this situation ;_; should I go ahead and say yes, let's just lynch them and hope the veteran scums are easy to pick out over time? but it's so easy for them to hide if we're just stabbing all the newbies. but also the usual 'hope the situation resolves itself later' won't work because they're a third of the game, and actually if we did 2 days of mislynching veterans and veterans probably being nightkilled, then now... half the living players are on their first game and scum is placed in a very good position

i never thought about the numbers here because I knew it was bad and I didn't want to admit the cruel reality we are in *sobs*

CUT BY FABLOO LITERALLY CLAIMING GOD, EXCUSE ME

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2020, 03:44:41 AM »
it occurs to me we have so many people playing on their first game that if we lynched all of them and only one flipped scum, we'd be in 5p lylo (unless there was any extra nks, then we'd have lost already :U) and I don't know how to feel about that

they're incredibly easy noise for scum to just point at both d1 and likely on future days and i don't know how to feel about that either because there's also way too many to just give them passes for very long at all

*sobs* please info roles save me from this nightmare

but i refuse

anyway think serela can be tentatively town for this, if this shift goes into another direction

also, serelers, we need your read on fabloo. even if its outdated, you still fire trucking owe it

Polaris

« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2020, 03:44:57 AM »
too bad i already declared myself insane and literally don't care :)
##Unvote

full steam ahead! choo choo

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2020, 03:45:15 AM »
OK we're listening to me now. This is my game. I get too overzealous when I role really important roles.

I'm a god. No but actually. My role is omnipresent. I know a lot of things and it's very bad if I were to die.

spill it all

« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2020, 03:45:27 AM »
Welp, Fabloo is confirmed scum, or at least certainly not town.

Cut by 3

Fabloo

« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46:00 AM »
spill it all

That is a terrible idea to do. I know every hidden mechanic in this game and can alter it as well.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #357 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46:31 AM »
too bad i already declared myself insane and literally don't care :)
##Unvote

full steam ahead! choo choo

this ride or die mentality makes me think polaris is either legitimately in a throwy mindset or deperate to get rid of this pr claim without wasting an nk in hopes that fab cant be docced

and considering how quickly after the claim it was im going to lean on the latter

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #358 on: April 16, 2020, 03:47:09 AM »
That is a terrible idea to do. I know every hidden mechanic in this game and can alter it as well.

discriminately giving such information to both town and scum is better than dying with it when theres a chance that scum knows some of this regardless

Fabloo

« Reply #359 on: April 16, 2020, 03:47:19 AM »
Welp, Fabloo is confirmed scum, or at least certainly not town.

Cut by 3

You were caught out and now you're doubling down for no reason. My role is confirmable. You might as well treat me as clear now. I'm saying this for your benefit of living past this day.