Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 818711 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day One)
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
Votecount
PX (3): NekoNekoRex, BigBangMeteor, NucleusWaffles
raikaria (3): raikaria, Serela, Yaersulf
NucleusWaffles (1): Fabloo
zwerdjib (1): Polaris
Daiya (1): meow56
Tom (1): Bardiche
Disquieted (1): PX
Bardiche (0):
Polaris (0):
meow56 (0):
Fabloo (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Not voting: Tom, zwerdjib, Disquieted, Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »
Zzz ##Unvote, ##Vote: Bardiche

Why did you choose Tom for your RVS vote?

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2020, 01:57:06 PM »
seems i got here just in time to miss rvs. already doing something right~

^ petition to ban posts that are too tall to fit on my laptop screen

##Vote: zwerdjib

everyone who hasn't posted yet is more likely to be scum than everyone who has posted so far, so i arbitrarily picked one of them :)

(note for newbies: "scum" is what people use to colloquially refer to the mafia, i don't know where this tradition came from but i think it's punchy so i will continue it)
not a fan of this mindset. i'd rather go for someone who's actually around to defend themselves than ppl who've never posted. makes it too easy for scum to mislynch.

##Vote: Polaris, for now

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »

also, that's...a very strange thing to press. rvs typically wouldn't have much reasoning behind it, no? suppose i'm still interested in whatever answer he has, though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:03:37 PM by Daiya »

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:22 PM »

You mean I'm supposed to have a strategy and reason?!

Well, er, of course, I have one. After reading the sign-ups list twenty times, it struck out to me. "Tom." That's so short, it can only have been chosen with the express purpose of flying under the radar because it's such a mundane, forgettable, and mostly short name! Clearly, it was scummy.

Also, it's in my role PM.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
##Raikaria

These tactics don't work twice in a row!!

It's not the same tactic Celery. I'm not voting myself due to a vig claim.

I'm just voting myself in RVS and making a reference to the previous game.

Anyway mostly posting to say I'm working lates next few days, so don't expect much from me for the next 15 hours or so until I wake up tomorrow.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2020, 02:40:29 PM »
I just want to test this out
How [deadline=YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM]

What are everyone thoughts on the use of abilities in this game?

[/deadline]

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »
?
it's a closed setup, so i don't believe there's much to say in that regard.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2020, 03:21:18 PM »
Why are you not voting?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 03:33:22 PM »
A reminder, don't edit your posts!

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »
also, that's...a very strange thing to press. rvs typically wouldn't have much reasoning behind it, no? suppose i'm still interested in whatever answer he has, though.

I was bored by the RVS so far and wanted to see Bard's response. Picked him because I wanted to see if he had any kind of reason for picking a new player vs someone more experienced but apparently not.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2020, 04:48:40 PM »
hi, can I talk with anyone online?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »
So I was reading dormio's rant in the mason's qt with NekoNekoRex in the first mafia game some time ago.

I feel that he is going to be a nice mod, and based on my research, I want to ask about NekoNekoRex.

How do I use a quicktopic effectively? How much do I balance what to type in the quicktopic and what to type in thread?

Tom

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »
##Vote: Tom

According to my role PM, Tom is scum. Yes, indeed, I got sent the accidental role PM that tells me the name of the entire scum team! The other scum are, of course, Dormio and me, but you wouldn't want to waste your votes on that.

##Vote: Bardiche

I'm sorry but we don't accept lies at this town, only credit, debit, foreign currency and local currency~

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 05:26:37 PM »
I am a very special flavour character, I just need to know everyone's genders in-game for my powers to work.

I am a male character.

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2020, 05:27:01 PM »
I was bored by the RVS so far and wanted to see Bard's response. Picked him because I wanted to see if he had any kind of reason for picking a new player vs someone more experienced but apparently not.

That seems the case for some, but not all. What do you take of this?

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2020, 05:27:43 PM »
I am a very special flavour character, I just need to know everyone's genders in-game for my powers to work.

I am a male character.

Sorry I was cut by Tom.

But what I mean is that my ability can be used only on a gender basis, can we reveal our roles? At least our genders?

cut again

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »
Full disclaimer that I don't know strawberries about how to play Mafia but, Bardiche seems by far the most suss person so far. Thoughts?

##Unvote
##Vote:Bardiche

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:42 PM »
cut by Yaesurf

If I have the gender of the characters I can know which targets will fail.

Fabloo

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2020, 05:32:29 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea Nucleus. Mechanics like that are likely set in place to have some of catch to it.

Fabloo

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
Full disclaimer that I don't know strawberries about how to play Mafia but, Bardiche seems by far the most suss person so far. Thoughts?

##Unvote
##Vote:Bardiche

I see no difference between you and him right now in terms of how you started the game. Why is his joking more incriminating than your own?

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »
So I was reading dormio's rant in the mason's qt with NekoNekoRex in the first mafia game some time ago.

I feel that he is going to be a nice mod, and based on my research, I want to ask about NekoNekoRex.

How do I use a quicktopic effectively? How much do I balance what to type in the quicktopic and what to type in thread?

Blessings my child, but are thou claimst to have access to that known as a "quicktopic"?

Fabloo

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
I think he's speaking past tense PX.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2020, 05:36:24 PM »
You wanted me dead so you dont know. Are you mafia scum?

Why are you interfering with my gambit?

cut by fabloo again

I just want the most suspicious player gender by the end of the day, so I may know if my ability will failcut by2 what

Fabloo

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »
I didn't want you dead and I certainly don't now with the information you're claiming.

Polaris

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2020, 05:41:56 PM »
this is why i don't like playing with newbies :/ some of that up there seemed pretty suspicious but newbies can pretty much do whatever the heck and they still might not actually be scum and i overthink

##Unvote
##Vote: NucleusWaffles

guess i'll temporarily move my vote here for now because genuinely what the hell

re: daiya, i will say that motk has been notorious for scum lurking through the entire game and somehow getting a free pass for it (see: the previous game, where 3/4 scum were prodded for inactivity at some point). so i will always take the stance of lynch all lurkers

obviously i'm not accusing zwerdjib of lurking because lol it's early day 1, but i am absolutely going to call out lurkers as the game progresses

Polaris

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2020, 06:45:12 PM »
i know it's only been like an hour since my last post and we're still in early day 1 but can someone post and give me a sanity check, i'm losing my mind

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »
this is why i don't like playing with newbies :/ some of that up there seemed pretty suspicious but newbies can pretty much do whatever the heck and they still might not actually be scum and i overthink

##Unvote
##Vote: NucleusWaffles

guess i'll temporarily move my vote here for now because genuinely what the hell

re: daiya, i will say that motk has been notorious for scum lurking through the entire game and somehow getting a free pass for it (see: the previous game, where 3/4 scum were prodded for inactivity at some point). so i will always take the stance of lynch all lurkers

obviously i'm not accusing zwerdjib of lurking because lol it's early day 1, but i am absolutely going to call out lurkers as the game progresses
that's fair, i suppose. was warned about the activity here prior to joining, so it's something i'll have to take into consideration more often. i still don't believe that going for an inactive would be the best move right now, however. on the off-chance that we hit a lazy townie, there's next to no information to gain from it. especially with a mandatory majority ugh

i'll have to see how things go for now. if there's a decent enough case on someone who's present, we'll probably still be at odds. think i feel a bit better about you, though. your reasoning seems genuine.

##Unvote

Polaris

« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »
wow you posted almost immediately after i checked the thread, i almost would have missed it if i didn't refresh just in case

if you're still here: seeing as you seem like someone who has had experience in mafia from off site, what do you think about that newbie rambling from above??? i'm starting to overthink/rethink my vote and could use some outside thoughts to put it into perspective

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »
i just woke up after night shift and somehow I feel like I'm still dreaming when I read this thread

no one is going to massclaim roles at the beginning of d1 :U i guess having someone suspicious claim their gender at the end of d1 might be ok though???

re:Polly, idk somehow I feel like even a newbie mafia member would know to at least be SLIGHTLY careful as opposed to instant roleclaiming but, I mean, newbies could do anything? but I'm definitely not interesting in voting them for getting pumped on role shenanigans during rvs

Also yes we don't lynch lurkers on day 1. Even at the end of D1 it hasn't been long enough to tell if they're legitimately lurking it out or they were just busy for a day. End of D2 maybe if they're being overly intense about it and we don't have a scummy person (I can definitely recall a game I wanted to hard lynch a lurker d2 and they did turn out to be scum) but i feel like lurker lynches goes into full force on like, d3