Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029164 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #630 on: March 08, 2020, 08:11:43 AM »
You're open wolfing my dude

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #631 on: March 08, 2020, 08:13:02 AM »
uh, vig claim is pretty yikes because it's the classic "let me live for one more day" claim...but it is confirmable if it goes off i guess. abu can you check my iso and respond to the case on you/questions i asked you. will be helpful for me in case you really are town and not bullstrawberriesting rn. also, saying you'll vig duskfall doesn't exactly make you want to vote you less though because if you're a town vig there's so much chaff you could be cleaning out instead and on the off chance that you are a mafia vig then we're just letting you get away with murder (although i dont think mafia vig is particularly likely).

I think we should vote Dusk for literally lying about my meta + having no reasons to vote (he developed them on the go) also the fact that a lot of people hopped on my wagon so fast could mean that his scummates are backing him up.
can you explain what he lied about and who are the scummates backing him up on the wagon (i lean town on basically everyone who was voting you so im curious who you pick out)

i would be ok with lynching shadoweh if people want to let Abu try to shoot people but also leaving Abu alive to supposedly shoot people can easily turn into a huge mess whether he's actually town or not-town and it's just so much easier to have it over with instead. but I mean, shadoweh is being scummy, so lynching her is still fine. abu is also good. really these are both good lynches
ngl i would be down for a shadoweh turbo if we don't go through with abu (currently pending)

« Reply #632 on: March 08, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
Mostly because that was a poor answer in response to Prim's question regarding not showing up to apply a vote/pressure on Dusk. The correct answer is not "I was about to sleep so I didn't get into it", its "I'm sitting on a vig with no apparent agency otherwise and bidding my time to press the button MUWHAHAHA".
essentially

Dusk, who do you think is most likely to be maf besides Abu?

AbuHumaid

« Reply #633 on: March 08, 2020, 08:17:57 AM »
You know what? Just lynch me, I couldn't care less anymore, it's not like anyone is hearing me.

Like seriously, people are voting me for half-assed reasons like Dan's and are getting away with it

fire truck this game, I'm out of here.

« Reply #634 on: March 08, 2020, 08:19:43 AM »
essentially

Dusk, who do you think is most likely to be maf besides Abu?

Raik wasn't great, then I've a whole lot of null

« Reply #635 on: March 08, 2020, 08:20:29 AM »
You know what? Just lynch me, I couldn't care less anymore, it's not like anyone is hearing me.

Like seriously, people are voting me for half-assed reasons like Dan's and are getting away with it

This is his response to conq asking him his reads btw

Conqueror

« Reply #636 on: March 08, 2020, 08:21:44 AM »

:thonk: i literally just tried to engage with you but lol okay. fine with the lynch if this is the response.

« Reply #637 on: March 08, 2020, 08:23:00 AM »
:thonk: i literally just tried to engage with you but lol okay. fine with the lynch if this is the response.

Who's town Mr conq

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »

ugh. defend yourself. if youre town, at least try to engage with people. not everyone will listen, but its not like your wagons fire trucking hopeless. you said you have scumreads. lay them out, and perhaps you can get something done. prove there are people who deserve to be lynched more than you, or prove that you yourself dont deserve to be lynched. i truly dont care what your alignment is, but i have nothing but contempt for your defeatism.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2020, 08:31:08 AM »
Raik wasn't great, then I've a whole lot of null

i promised i would reread stuff. i delivered.

or not. isod raikaria instead

i like his posts, honestly. i just cant think of a reason why raikaria as scum would want to target dusk of all people. he was the first person on the wagon, and i dont see an agenda behind that. additionally, his reasons for sring dusk are pretty solid, and its not like he drops the push suddenly; his iso just ends at
so at this point i want people to step off of raikaria. hes a very decent townread. he shouldnt be the lynch today, so please @ sb/refa move your votes

« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2020, 08:32:07 AM »
I'm disappointed.

##Unvote
##Vote: AbuHumaid

« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2020, 08:43:26 AM »

Yeah but the lynch today is Abu anyways

« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2020, 08:45:13 AM »
Zwerd I'll never have a problem with being scumread as long as it makes sense, but raik kinda just went, oh wait I just noticed something scummy:

Insert whole tunnel of scummy things, which is fair if you have been tunneling me but it's not really fair to say "oh wait just noticed"

Now it's not make or break, and I'm not saying raik was necessarily chainsawing but it's worth looking at tomorrow for sure imo

Conqueror

« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2020, 08:51:30 AM »
Who's town Mr conq
went ahead and looked at the playerlist since this will be useful for myself too

unordered townreads -
nuxl swung from a hard null to one of my stronger town reads with his last post. mostly a gut feeling based on how i think he'd approach the game as mafia; dont think he'd do a decently reasoned reads list dump like that near the end of the day if he's mafia but correct me if this is in his scum range.
not sold on you yet tbh but im piggybacking nuxl's opinion on you. also think if you two are mafia together it'll show itself sooner or later so not too worried about that atm.
serela's latest posts have vibed with me pretty decently, and i think he's posting way better than he would as scum here
was unsure about prims earlier in the day but his posts in the last 24 hours or so have been pretty good (mostly because i feel like he got into the rhythm of the thread more. i also think he'd hard flake as mafia here in a playerlist which is larger than what he expected and also has a bunch of people he doesnt know.
was trying to think of a word to describe zeep's play and i think nuxl hit the nail on the head with "pure". his posts seem super unfiltered and there's really nothing from him that makes me think he's mafia.

dan and oarfish are weaker townreads. i guess dormio fits in here too.

null reads would be sb, refa, xinn, niek, nnr

raik is leaning scum and shadoweh and abu are my bottom two reads.

« Reply #644 on: March 08, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »
Ok thanks, you have not made me question your towniness on this day

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #645 on: March 08, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »
Zwerd I'll never have a problem with being scumread as long as it makes sense, but raik kinda just went, oh wait I just noticed something scummy:

Insert whole tunnel of scummy things, which is fair if you have been tunneling me but it's not really fair to say "oh wait just noticed"

Now it's not make or break, and I'm not saying raik was necessarily chainsawing but it's worth looking at tomorrow for sure imo

well, it happens in police investigations; one small discovery leads to a case being blown open.

i mean i get youre taking his words literally but that doesnt discredit the things he scumreads you for, just how weird it was that he "stumbled upon them"

Conqueror

« Reply #646 on: March 08, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »
Ok thanks, you have not made me question your towniness on this day
do you have any spicy reads that arent the same as nuxl's?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #647 on: March 08, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
Raikaria, if you didn't like Duskfall even when you voted O4rfish, why did you wait until you had to back off O4rfish before bringing it up? This seems like an unnatural progression.

Because as I had previously stated, O4rfish's post I had previously disliked was in my opinion the worst post thus far in the thread. At the time; Duskfall was a minor dislike; and then when I re-read I felt worse about his posts, lack of explanations and seemingly random voting.

At best it's low-effort; at worst it's outright scummy; just throwing out random statements with no backing to look like he's trying at all.

You'll also notice I've been pretty consistent with being unhappy with people for voting with little~no explanation; and I've been pushing for people to actually explain their cases and votes. [I've even specifically asked for explanations on the Shadoweh votes multiple times and they still haven't materialized].

---

Anyway; I'm awake now; and I shall be around until deadline [Deadline is 10pm my local time]. I'm actually somewhat alarmed at how close Abu is to being lynched at this point; if I'm not wrong he's L-1.

I mean, Abu's content really isn't great and doesn't really scream town, but it also doesn't seem to scream scum either. It's kind of a null read.

So I'm not inherently against lynching him, although there's a few things about his wagon which seem a little concerning:

This is literally what I expect from scum trying to buy themselves a day lol. No crumbs or anything in your play suggesting you're vig.

It's Day 1. Abu hasn't been that active. Why do you think he'd have crumbed Vig so early? Dismissing his claim because 'He hasn't crumbed Vig when he's got low content and it's Day 1' seems a little... pushy.

If I'm scum, you would expect some people at least to be against my wagon, but for some reason everyone agrees I'm scum...

Or Scum could be happily letting Town push the wagon, or even be busing you thinking your lynch is likly; to earn towncred.

Serela in #599 and Dormio in #600 have good points.

I scumread NNR due to his suspicious Nuxl vote

If NNR is a scumread why isn't he a secondary vig option after Duskfall then?

Sidenote. lack of crumb is not important and I am surprised Prims cares for that.

I agree with this and it's good to see someone else thinks this.

I have the same townreads as nuxl

*Groans*. Another low-effort post from Duskfall; where he's basically just sheeping. Do you have these townreads for the same reasons? Do you share the null/scumreads? I really don't like things like this.

Abus claim doesn't make me want to unlynch, even if he is town vig which I doubt it's neg utility to let him live and shoot me who is town and also mostly townread o think?

So you want to lynch me regardless of my alignment just to save your butt?

I REALLY don't like Duskfall's 'I'm willing to lynch town to save my own butt' attitude here. Especially since if he's mostly townread and a vig has said he's gonna shoot him, a power role [blocker/doc ect] that townreads him would most likely intervene.

Also I'm unsure what is meant by 'open wolfing'.

I'm not sure if this is scum throwing in the towel because he can't answer the questions, or just general frustration? I'd like you to come back and actually try to save your skin if you're town.

---

tl;dr: I'm fine with an Abu lynch, although I have concerns about Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Touhou's pushing of said wagon; and Duskfall's 'Save my own butt' attitude.

I'd personally still rather lynch Duskfall, as his posts while I'm asleep don't townread to me on top of me already leaning scum on him.

I'm certainly not fine enough with an Abu lynch to hammer it 13 hours before deadline however.

Because I'd previously only read your posts once, and on a re-read I had a second opinion and went from null to scum. That makes sense.

And when I make cases I usually do so in such a fashion. I'll notice something I don't like; then re-read other posts and interactions around that player specifically to see if there's more, good or bad. It's like a stream of thoughts.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #648 on: March 08, 2020, 09:01:47 AM »
do you have any spicy reads that arent the same as nuxl's?

Let me go back and recheck who his were exactly

Conqueror

« Reply #649 on: March 08, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »
oh i just realized that could come across as snarky but that was a genuine question if it wasnt clear, was curious
off to sleep, will check in tomorrow.

Conqueror

« Reply #650 on: March 08, 2020, 09:06:06 AM »
actually one last thing

[I've even specifically asked for explanations on the Shadoweh votes multiple times and they still haven't materialized].
i'm fairly i've posted my explanation of the shadoweh votes multiple times and directed it to you. i dunno why you're just ignoring me but it's extremely frustating and i dunno if you;re doing i on purpose or what
alright ciao

« Reply #651 on: March 08, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
SB seemed towny on paper but I think he's a good scum player and could do this as scum so can't really read him town

So yeah nothing really to add sorry, I dunno why we happened to have the exact same townreads

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2020, 09:11:49 AM »
@raikaria arthur is prims supposedly

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #653 on: March 08, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »
Vote Count 1.8

O4rfish (Rumia) (0): Raikaria, Dormio Ergo Sum
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (1): Raikaria, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (1): sb, Niektory, Xinnidy
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (1): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa, O4rfish
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela, Prims
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (7): Serela, Duskfall98, Conqueror, Prims, Dormio Ergo Sum, Nuxl, Serela, O4rfish
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (2): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims, sb, Refa
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (1): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa, NekoNekoRex
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory, O4rfish, zwerdjib
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (2): Nuxl, Raikaria, AbuHumaid
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (0): Nobody!

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have about 12.75 hours remaining to cast your votes.

« Reply #654 on: March 08, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
Btw raik on the vigging me stuff and saving my butt, that's no scummy for a lot of reasons

1) town vig is scumsided if they are herovigging, towns better with a by than a herovig, vig should only ever be shooting in the Poe and widely scumread propel to save lynches

2) if Abu was town and shot me he would just get lynched tomorrow as I will flip town, I know this because I can see my role pm. There's no benefit to letting him live today, shoot me, then get lynched tomorrow because it is just causing one extra town death for no gain, we are still lynching Abu

3) town saving their own butt is usually a good thing unless it's for a very good reason, town has to outlive scum the same way scum must outlive town. People like to pretend "oh scum have to outlive town town find scum" but really town wincon is about living longer than scum so I have no problem with wanting to life and that is mirrored in my playstyle as well as my entire mafia philosophy for a long time 

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #655 on: March 08, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »
My reads haven't changed much over the course of this fiasco.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #656 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:35 AM »
Actually now that I see the votes in place, I should add that I would have switched my vote to Shadoweh for an alternative wagon, but the abu lynch is certain so there's not much need to move my vote anywhere unless it's to secure the hammer.

(don't vote abu obviously so nobody can accidentally/intentionally early hammer)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #657 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »
don't vote abu obviously so nobody can accidentally/intentionally early hammer)

How about I do anyway?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #658 on: March 08, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

This Serela is fake. I iso'd them and they have not posted the colon C frowny face a single time in their post history

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #659 on: March 08, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »
not actually going to vote abu ftr

but will sleep cya