Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029469 times)

AbuHumaid

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2020, 10:45:53 PM »
yeah, but what's your query with my read? wasn't the first time i defended the slot this game. is confidence really alignment indicative iyo? (or is it indicative from where you're from or something)

i was kind of half-trolling with the last line, but the resource is there
Yes, right now your baseless confidence is what I don't like about your read because I don't think you have solid reasons. I already explained this.

Anyway, I'll go backread a little now.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2020, 10:46:50 PM »
@sb About Zeep, I don't think he has done anything that makes me feel strongly about him. I think I have to go backread some of his posts because honestly, I have been skimming; reading is hard.
were only on page 9 though :D

« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2020, 10:48:31 PM »
@sb About Zeep, I don't think he has done anything that makes me feel strongly about him. I think I have to go backread some of his posts because honestly, I have been skimming; reading is hard.

Okay. I was asking because my assumption at first was you were pursuing the same angle as Oarfish saying Nuxl was scum for defending a scummy slot, and then you responded about him pocketing a townie instead. I'm kinda confused by the read being null after that so I'd be interested in you reading over Zeep in a bit more depth and if that affects your Nuxl read.

Shadoweh, did you miss Prims' 168 or were you just not happy with it, because I felt like he covered the Zeep and Nuxl interactions there.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2020, 11:04:02 PM »
Checking in to avoid more prods.
Need to Actualy Set Up Email this time.

I'll slam a post after work, which is around 4 hours
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2020, 11:06:48 PM »
Checking in to avoid more prods.
Need to Actualy Set Up Email this time.

I'll slam a post after work, which is around 4 hours
you better read all 10 pages before writing a post

« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2020, 11:11:47 PM »
was your page 4 post serious? genuine question
The first sentence is serious, the second is slightly serious but he's definitely not doing that, and of course beating conq like a pinyata is 100% serious because he likes it that way.

« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2020, 11:15:20 PM »
Shadoweh, did you miss Prims' 168 or were you just not happy with it, because I felt like he covered the Zeep and Nuxl interactions there.
Oh I 100% meant that if he posted I didn't see it, I'll look at it.
Wait this is the post he did before I voted wtf don't confuse me sb

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:06 PM »
define Question9
{
        How is that, despite there being 10 pages worth of posts, there are so few posts with actual content to go through?
}
define Question10
{
        Are we really going to be arguing about the semantics of metagaming for the entirety of day 1?
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question9)
        ask (Question10)
}
define Statement5
{
        (zwerdjib)'s latest posts still don't impress me. I think that giving townreads is a placating move that, as someone mentioned earlier, is easy to fake as scum and serves only to slightly endear you towards some people.
        // This huge playerlist and the large influx of meaningless posts is making this thread really hard to read.
        // On top of that, formatting my posts like this is also a huge pain.
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement5)
}

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »
define Question9
{
        How is that, despite there being 10 pages worth of posts, there are so few posts with actual content to go through?
}
define Question10
{
        Are we really going to be arguing about the semantics of metagaming for the entirety of day 1?
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question9)
        ask (Question10)
}
define Statement5
{
        (zwerdjib)'s latest posts still don't impress me. I think that giving townreads is a placating move that, as someone mentioned earlier, is easy to fake as scum and serves only to slightly endear you towards some people.
        // This huge playerlist and the large influx of meaningless posts is making this thread really hard to read.
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement5)
}

fwiw your posts are quite fun to read

anyway, am curious- do you scumread me? i know you had a reads post earlier, but im wondering if anythings changed.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2020, 12:13:36 AM »
if (Reply #278)
{
        cout <<Yes.
}
Yes.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2020, 12:27:45 AM »
if (Reply #278)
{
        cout <<Yes.
}
Yes.

mmph. fair enough

« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2020, 12:42:33 AM »
I had the exact same thought about Serela as Conq did, let's get his ass.
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Niektory maybe low content newb!scum t b h.
@Nuxl is Niektory actually Flee Fleet. I didn't play in any of that person's SF games but I recognize the name.

I thought Shadoweh's vote on me made no sense when she posted it, since I could only take it as "no you actually wouldn't logically have an illogical gut feeling about this", but other people already talked about that. but yeah I couldn't tell what angle Conq and Shadoweh were going for with their votes and it seemed weird and I wanted to see how it'd play out, feel reasonably good about them both now though. Don't really think Shadoweh is scummy for the vote on me though and honestly unless she got ballsier in the last few years I think as scum she would be thinking NO PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT ME and not press the issue at all lmao.

Read on Nuxl now is that he's somebody who likes using the thread as a chatroom. I looked at the games he linked and I still feel uneasy about him though? His posting here feels toothless compared to those games; it may be because he's in a new environment but I don't see any clear scumhunting effort coming from him.

« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2020, 12:48:26 AM »
Can't help but read Serela's four posts that say nothing about the game as "hey guys, remember all those times I was really wacky acting and secretly trying to kill you! I'm totally not doing that now!"

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2020, 12:58:18 AM »
Also if I have a second vote right now it goes on Serela for making a drive-by post to a drive-by comment just because I suspect he'll be in the same place 24 hours from now (Serela this is your queue to make an actual post, I know you can do better).
My free time to post since the game has started has been "it's slow at work so let's give this a look" at which point I went "dear lord the entire thread is nuxl spam get me out of here." Anyway, reading up now! (Also, I managed to fix the computer, which was what took up all my free time at home. OMG I went to lay in bed while it installed windows updates and restarted and when I plopped in bed and glanced at the computer, I was like, WAIT IT'S ALREADY BACK ON THE DESKTOP SCREEN WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S DONE THAT WAS TEN SECONDS. SSDs are a trip)

It's not that relevant anymore (I'm catching up on like 4 pages here), but the issue with "topposting" is mostly just that it becomes difficult and cumbersome to analyze the thread when it's absolutely chock full of spam-tier posts from mainly one person. Anyway, after page 7 or 8 it mostly stopped being a big issue so moving on

I'm already demotivated, mafia sucks. Someone needs to post something I can get an actually legit scum read off of.
Oh god I feel you. Day 1 is absolute suffering but the game usually starts to enter 'enjoyable' somewhere around mid/late day 2... @_@

I don't really like Raikaria, but I also am not sure I should actually vote them, because they say they'll be a lot more available later and I can get being really busy during the first couple days of the game (e.g. me) but at the same time, it's not like they haven't posted; it's just that the posts they DID make are... completely irrelevant? They spent a post giving a summary of motk meta, but also, didn't actually comment on the ongoing game other than "huh, nuxl and zwerd talk a lot".

well they're busy and I don't have any real comment to make on the game pre-page-7 either so i guess that's fair enough, what else is here HMM

Can't help but read Serela's four posts that say nothing about the game as "hey guys, remember all those times I was really wacky acting and secretly trying to kill you! I'm totally not doing that now!"
I wasn't going to publish this post just yet but there's clearly a clamoring for it so I'll post what I already have typed up as I reread inbetween work tasks :V Also, which person are you again? Even if you aren't LEGACY MOTK I'm sure I at least know you from eimm or the discord but man that username

I also like how you're counting the number of posts as if me not making incredible insight during the first T W E L V E H O U R S of the game where those posts took place is somehow scummy. Like, really?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2020, 01:01:19 AM »
Don't really think Shadoweh is scummy for the vote on me though and honestly unless she got ballsier in the last few years I think as scum she would be thinking NO PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT ME and not press the issue at all lmao.
YOU MUST BE LEGACY MOTK WHO ARE YOU

« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2020, 01:01:48 AM »
im *flips through userbook of old motk mafia posters* ...Hanged Hourai

« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2020, 01:04:41 AM »
We should lynch someone today.

What scum want is to run out the clock.  Town is trying to get a bunch of useful information before the lynch.  Scum will try to prevent most or all of the day's posts from being useful after the lynch.  Thus, scum will make (or let) town waste time and energy doing unproductive things such as reading tons of low-content posts. Players are lazy and don't want to read that much. Have you seen how many people complain about the number of pages in this thread?

Of course, that's if scum are smart. Lazy or unprofessional scum will simply do scummy things such as buddying, voteparking, drive-bys, etc.

Shadoweh you have a not-insignificant wagon so you need to provide something of value to town. I don't think repeatedly defending your early D1 posts is valuable.

SB - if I (as town) somehow knew that Zwerdjib was town, I would still view Nuxl as scummy. Nuxl says "this person is town; I will defend this person" which at face value is only slightly valuable. His defense is that Zwerdjib reminds him of some other player which means Zwerdjib is town somehow ... and the threat to defend him was a joke. This is such poor play it's worthy of ridicule. Tell me SB, am I wasting everyone's time by pressing him on this?

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2020, 01:13:28 AM »
define Question9
{
}
define Question10
{
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question9)
        ask (Question10)
}
define Statement5
{
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement5)
}

but a decent amount of players have made content related posts, though? that's not what the thread's been either

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2020, 01:13:55 AM »
im *flips through userbook of old motk mafia posters* ...Hanged Hourai
*SOBS* YOUR NAME ISN'T EVEN IN THE PLAYERLIST I DON'T UNDERSTAND

...oh wait ok, I cross referenced your character choice with the signups post YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME ANYMORE HUHWHAT, or uh, prims. At least you didn't say you were SkyPal, I would have started hyperventilating.

And yes, normally I would say O4rfish is just attempting to look like a voice of reason when obviously we're going to lynch someone, but we do have a bunch of new-to-motk people and we haven't played in literally 5 years so that's probably a worthwhile reminder. On the upside, we still have 54 hours left, tho'. So, we don't need to rush into wagon consolidation just yet. I mean... w...who are even wagons...

Oh I 100% meant that if he posted I didn't see it, I'll look at it.
Wait this is the post he did before I voted wtf don't confuse me sb
HAVE WE ALREADY COMMENCED THE SHADOWEH BULLYING :D
I hear Shadoweh might be one of these supposed 'wagons'. I dunno, I see multiple clearly defined reads from her, that's pretty good for this point in the game, are there actual good reasons to vote Shadoweh I'm supposed to be aware of? (There's so much threadage I've probably missed lots of various things)

Nuxl

« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2020, 01:17:12 AM »
I had the exact same thought about Serela as Conq did, let's get his ass.
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Niektory maybe low content newb!scum t b h.
@Nuxl is Niektory actually Flee Fleet. I didn't play in any of that person's SF games but I recognize the name.

I thought Shadoweh's vote on me made no sense when she posted it, since I could only take it as "no you actually wouldn't logically have an illogical gut feeling about this", but other people already talked about that. but yeah I couldn't tell what angle Conq and Shadoweh were going for with their votes and it seemed weird and I wanted to see how it'd play out, feel reasonably good about them both now though. Don't really think Shadoweh is scummy for the vote on me though and honestly unless she got ballsier in the last few years I think as scum she would be thinking NO PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT ME and not press the issue at all lmao.

Read on Nuxl now is that he's somebody who likes using the thread as a chatroom. I looked at the games he linked and I still feel uneasy about him though? His posting here feels toothless compared to those games; it may be because he's in a new environment but I don't see any clear scumhunting effort coming from him.

no, i played a game with refa with flee fleet and want to see if he remembers the circumstances of something in particular

We should lynch someone today.

What scum want is to run out the clock.  Town is trying to get a bunch of useful information before the lynch.  Scum will try to prevent most or all of the day's posts from being useful after the lynch.  Thus, scum will make (or let) town waste time and energy doing unproductive things such as reading tons of low-content posts. Players are lazy and don't want to read that much. Have you seen how many people complain about the number of pages in this thread?

Of course, that's if scum are smart. Lazy or unprofessional scum will simply do scummy things such as buddying, voteparking, drive-bys, etc.

Shadoweh you have a not-insignificant wagon so you need to provide something of value to town. I don't think repeatedly defending your early D1 posts is valuable.

SB - if I (as town) somehow knew that Zwerdjib was town, I would still view Nuxl as scummy. Nuxl says "this person is town; I will defend this person" which at face value is only slightly valuable. His defense is that Zwerdjib reminds him of some other player which means Zwerdjib is town somehow ... and the threat to defend him was a joke. This is such poor play it's worthy of ridicule. Tell me SB, am I wasting everyone's time by pressing him on this?

you've never played on another site before, have you? bc your second paragraph is entirely dependent on the playerbase in question rofl. do you take everything you read seriously?

What's the problem of pushing a wagon in general, @Serela?

Nuxl

« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2020, 01:20:34 AM »
Finding town is still much more important, I'm pretty fine with a few slots as-so far. Don't really have a strong lynch opinion when I probably should but I think my vote is functionally useless right now so whatever

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #291 on: March 07, 2020, 01:25:25 AM »
What's the problem of pushing a wagon in general, @Serela?
not really what I said, I asked a question to all those voting shadoweh because I don't really see why she has apparent votability, and made an offhand comment before that that we don't need to be super worried about pushing wagons to lynchable levels yet because we still have plenty of time (since o4rfish brought it up in the post beforehand)

Nuxl

« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »
not really what I said, I asked a question to all those voting shadoweh because I don't really see why she has apparent votability, and made an offhand comment before that that we don't need to be super worried about pushing wagons to lynchable levels yet because we still have plenty of time (since o4rfish brought it up in the post beforehand)

was moreso a mindset question wrt earlier hesitance w/ raikaria. Votes are good substitutes for pressure if you're not making any yourself.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2020, 01:32:15 AM »
Yeah my rvs vote is basically a non-vote and I'm not -really- seeing anything else (although there's some people i am waiting to see do their followups) so I probably should go ahead and

##Unvote:Abu
##Vote:Raikaria

Nuxl

« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2020, 01:33:57 AM »
Yeah my rvs vote is basically a non-vote and I'm not -really- seeing anything else (although there's some people i am waiting to see do their followups) so I probably should go ahead and

ok well i didnt expect to inspire you so fast

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:34 AM »

curious. why raik over nnr?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2020, 01:45:55 AM »
NNR and Duskfall effectively haven't posted at all. Raikaria -has- made posts, and has responded to other players, so there's actually something there to place judgment on.

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2020, 01:46:32 AM »
OH SORRY NUXL I DIDN'T REPLY

TBH, I don't remember Flee...Fleet, whatever the other part of his name is. I feel like he was newb town but I don't like...remember anything about him?

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2020, 01:49:26 AM »
Is there some way to ISO people and if so, how do?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2020, 01:50:35 AM »
NNR and Duskfall effectively haven't posted at all. Raikaria -has- made posts, and has responded to other players, so there's actually something there to place judgment on.

ah, i see

very well, i guess ill join you; upon reevaluation, nnr wont get anywhere regardless unless hes actually here

##unvote nnr
##vote raikaria