Author Topic: Easiest and Hardest Touhou Games (Normal Difficulty)  (Read 5048 times)

doki66

• On the meat bone...
Easiest and Hardest Touhou Games (Normal Difficulty)
« on: February 21, 2023, 01:21:57 AM »
I remember PCB and most of the other first gen being pretty relaxed to play. But MoF has always had me licked, even years later. I still can't 1CC on Hard mode.

What about you guys? What would you consider the easiest and hardest Touhou games, assuming it's normal difficulty?
By pressing down a special key, it plays a little melody!

Re: Easiest and Hardest Touhou Games (Normal Difficulty)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 03:22:17 AM »
This thread from old forum can be useful, for other difficulties as well.

Personally, I find MoF the easiest on Normal. It's not a free win, but if you have trouble with a basic 1CC then you're playing it wrong. Probably not bombing enough since it's pretty much "Bombspam: The Game". TD is also quite easy. Low amount of lives isn't that big of a deal since the patterns themselves are relatively tame.

The hardest one is probably UFO. Still haven't gotten a Normal 1CC so gave up on it completely. LoLK is a close second but at least Pointdevice mode is a thing.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
Re: Easiest and Hardest Touhou Games (Normal Difficulty)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 12:37:11 PM »
EoSD was my first Normal 1cc, but IN is easier, if only because of how easy deathbombing is (so your mistakes are never punished). TD has easy patterns, but with somewhat limited resources I struggled a bit to finally get that clear. SA is the hardest for me as I never even came close to getting the clear. In UFO the main problem is Murasa, if you deal with her without significant resource loss you can just bombspam your way through the remainder of the game.

Haven't seriously played anything past Ten Desires, so can't comment beyond that.