Author Topic: The most "Touhou-sounding" Touhou song  (Read 4752 times)

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
The most "Touhou-sounding" Touhou song
« on: September 07, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »
So for the past few months, I've been debating which Touhou song sounds the most like Touhou. What I mainly considered was a song with the main instruments being ZUNpets and perhaps piano.

So at first I thought "The Gensokyo the Gods Loved" would be a good one, but it seems to use a lot more flute than a common Touhou song. So I was stuck for a while, until I heard an arrangement by COOL&CREATE. I decided to check out one of the two songs it was parodying, and that is when I found it, what I believe to be the most Touhou-sounding Touhou song.

Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome

https://youtu.be/41rsKG2ZqaQ

If you can think of other very "Touhou-sounding" Touhou songs, please post it here.

AnneHakurei

• OmniPower
  • Hi, I'm Anne! I like women and bullet hells.
Re: The most "Touhou-sounding" Touhou song
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 07:19:33 PM »
While it's probably not the most Touhou-sounding one in other's eyes, U.N. Owen was Her? is easily a pretty good candidate, even if you ignore how iconic that song became outside and inside the fandom.
AnnaBanana "Horbiflorbin" "OmniPower" "Wow I Go By a Lot Of Names"

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:44:24 PM »
I always say that the most "Touhou" music there ever was is Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon. ZUNpets, piano, guitar, percussion - all of it has that distinct style to how it's used. AND it also incorporates Touhou leitmotif itself really well.

moons1de_

• moons1de_?
  • moons1de_
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 11:54:12 PM »
I always say that the most "Touhou" music there ever was is Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon. ZUNpets, piano, guitar, percussion - all of it has that distinct style to how it's used. AND it also incorporates Touhou leitmotif itself really well.
I was probably gonna say the same thing. I feel like it encapsulates that "proud and determined" feel you get from Touhou tracks with it being sung by the ZUNpet. It also has this sort of tension-building intro which I see in a lot of ZUN's music.