Author Topic: Touhou Character's Birthdays  (Read 4313 times)

Touhou Character's Birthdays
« on: October 17, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »
I've been wondering what are some character's birthdays, the Touhouwiki for example doesn't mention the birthday of Reimu, the main character of the series!

Are there any sources or interviews that mention character's birthdays?

Is :9:/⑨ really Cirnos birthday or do we just assume that Cirno Day is her birthday as well?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 03:08:34 PM by degradingwindow »

Re: Touhou Character's Birthdays
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:02:54 PM »
There are no official sources for that. The only semi-canon one is Miko's due to her literally being Prince Shoutoku, a historical figure.

That said, I did try to guess them for fun by applying Zodiac personality analysis on old forum, but those are about as good as anyone's.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 07:56:46 PM »
There are no official sources for that. The only semi-canon one is Miko's due to her literally being Prince Shoutoku, a historical figure.

That said, I did try to guess them for fun by applying Zodiac personality analysis on old forum, but those are about as good as anyone's.
Zodiacs are really interesting, now that you bring them to mind.
You could link Yuuka to Aires because of the goat/ram thing so:
•Yuukas birthday could be: March 21st (starting date of Aries).

Shiki to Libra because of the connection of scales to judgement of the dead so:
•Shikis Birthday could be September 23(starting date of Libra).

I can't think of any others at the moment if anyone can come up with their own please share them.

Off the topic of the zodiac, Hecatia is a blatant reference to the ancient greek goddess Hecate so we could say that her birthday is 13th of August (or November 30th if you're Roman) which is the date of the "Feast of Hecate".

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 08:59:35 PM »
Had to open a portal into hell to retrieve these but here you go in case you're curious.

Spoiler:
January 1 - Letty
January 5 - Tojiko
January 8 - Kyouko
January 10 - Mamizou
January 11 - Marisa
January 17 - Eirin
January 20 - Aya
January 23 - Tenshi
January 30 - Tewi

February 2 - Mystia
February 3 - Komachi
February 7 - Miko
February 24 - Merlin
February 26 - Sakuya

March 1 - Yuyuko
March 3 - Luna
March 4 - Patchouli
March 8 - Suwako
March 12 - Reimu
March 22 - Mokou

April 4 - Cirno
April 5 - Yuugi
April 7 - Ichirin
April 10 - Futo
April 19 - Hatate
April 28 - Ran

May 3 - Rumia
May 5 - Flandre
May 17 - Iku
May 24 - Akyuu
May 31 - Kosuzu

June 1 - Remilia
June 6 - Nitori
June 9 - Alice
June 24 - Orin

July 3 - Koishi
July 6 - Youmu
July 10 - Lunasa
July 26 - Reisen

August 6 - Wriggle
August 7 - Kanako
August 9 - Sunny
August 21 - Utsuho
August 23 - Murasa
August 25 - Meiling
August 27 - Chen
August 29 - Minoriko

September 4 - Hina
September 5 - Byakuren
September 7 - Keine
September 14 - Kaguya
September 24 - Eiki

October 2 - Kasen
October 5 - Rinnosuke
October 19 - Sanae
October 27 - Yukari

November 2 - Kogasa
November 7 - Satori
November 13 - Parsee
November 15 - Shizuha
November 18 - Nazrin
November 22 - Yuuka
November 28 - Suika
November 30 - Nue

December 6 - Star
December 8 - Seiga
December 14 - Shou
December 18 - Lyrica
December 29 - Yamame

It's been almost a decade though so you're not getting any explanations other than "it fits their personalities".

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 09:01:10 PM »
Since there is no way to confirm this kind of information, people seem to just create "days" for Touhou characters. I'm in a discord server that has a bot that anounces when each character's day is, it is usually based on the character's name and japanese numbers e.g. 10/9 (Month/Day) is Akyuu's Day because A is 10 in hex and nine in japanese is "kyuu" (九, きゅう). But there are other ones that are really unique, like Rumia's, which is 10/7 because the kanji for ten is 十, which reminds of her T-pose and one of the readings is "so". 7 is "nana" (七, なな). If you split nana in half and put it after "so" it becomes "so na" which is the start of her phrase "sou nano ka?" (is that so?).

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 10:27:02 PM »
Since there is no way to confirm this kind of information, people seem to just create "days" for Touhou characters. I'm in a discord server that has a bot that anounces when each character's day is, it is usually based on the character's name and japanese numbers e.g. 10/9 (Month/Day) is Akyuu's Day because A is 10 in hex and nine in japanese is "kyuu" (九, きゅう). But there are other ones that are really unique, like Rumia's, which is 10/7 because the kanji for ten is 十, which reminds of her T-pose and one of the readings is "so". 7 is "nana" (七, なな). If you split nana in half and put it after "so" it becomes "so na" which is the start of her phrase "sou nano ka?" (is that so?).
I've seen birthdays been come up like this in One Piece and the creator (Eichiro Oda) allows fans to set the Birthdays for characters.

I just hope that ZUN one day can at least confirm the birthdays of Reimu and Marisa

The Rumia one is really well thought out ngl