Author Topic: Which Touhou are You? (Updated)  (Read 11391 times)

lonemaestro

• a.k.a. kurantoB
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • kurantoB
    • kurantob.itch.io
Which Touhou are You? (Updated)
« on: June 12, 2021, 09:39:28 PM »
Continued from old thread: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=20805.0

Link: https://which-touhou-2.uk.r.appspot.com

One of my pet projects that I've started years ago. An online personality quiz that matches you (or attempts to) to a Touhou girl who's most similar to you in terms of character traits. You might remember this from my post in MotK years ago, but this one is up to date and has quite a few changes. Here are the new specs:
  • 31 character possibilities
  • New criteria for whether or not a character belongs in the pool
  • Revised character bios and descriptions, all of them freely accessible
  • Revised method for calculating personality metrics from quiz answers
  • Original art
  • Japanese language option

The overwhelming response from the last quiz blew me away, and I hope you enjoy this one as well!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:43:34 PM by lonemaestro »

Tengukami

• Crow Tengu Reporter
  • nothing is ever off the record
    • andie.sophia
Re: Which Touhou are You? (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 02:30:45 PM »
Kasen?!

Wow, looks like I need to read more of the manga!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:47:45 PM »
Before I actually do the quiz, I just want to say that it bugs me how Byakuren's hair doesn't have the purple gradient it's supposed to have (which ZUN has confirmed is natural and is not a lighting effect, since you can still see it in sprites where she doesn't have the scroll).

But I decided to do the quiz anyway, and I ended up with the following results:
You are:
Neither Specialized nor Open.
More Headstrong than Flexible.
More Innocent than Knowledgeable.
More Isolationist than Intervening.
More Utilitarian than Harmonious.

Closest Match: Fujiwara no Mokou

Runner-Up: Shinmyoumaru Sukuna

First off, it's weird that innocent and knowledgeable seem to be on opposite ends of a spectrum, as I never thought they were mutually exclusive, and I always thought of myself as super-knowledgeable (at least regarding things I find interesting).

But anyway, I thought it was super-awesome that I got Mokou! She is one of my favorite characters not just because she's badass, but also because I can really identify with her personality (yet I was still surprised I got her).

I also thought it's neat that Shinmy was my runner-up, because her bio mentions that "being overwhelmed can leave her traumatized" which reminded me heavily how I got traumatized by raocow's reactions towards a certain other Issun-boshi inspired character in a game he played somewhat recently...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:15:26 PM by Goomba98 »

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 12:04:24 AM »
...First off, it's weird that innocent and knowledgeable seem to be on opposite ends of a spectrum, as I never thought they were mutually exclusive, and I always thought of myself as super-knowledgeable (at least regarding things I find interesting)...

In this case "Innocent" and "Knowledgeable" refers to how easily you take in or believe new information (Innocence) instead of relying on your existing knowledge-base (Knowledgeable). You might already know this, but some people don't.

But enough poking in other people's business. My Results:
Quote from: Which Touhou Am I?
You Are:
More Specialized than Open.
Neither Headstrong nor Flexible.
Neither Innocent nor Knowledgeable.

Closest Match: Alice Margatroid
Runner-Up: Fujiwara no Mokou
This was surprisingly accurate. I do usually like to keep things in the order they should be, I don't initiate conversation often, and I do call out bouts of (perceived) incompetence when I can. (Alice)
I do believe respect isn't something arbitrarily given, especially if you just have a title. I have also been told that I'm blunt and hurtful (though I don't mean to be) with my words, usually while I'm explaining how someone was incompetent and made a mistake. (Mokou)
I'd also like to note that there is only a slight deviation between me getting this, or Satori and Patchouli.

AngryEclectus

• The '24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week' Library
  • Taking it easy
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 01:48:15 AM »
You are:
More Open than Specialized.
More Knowledgeable than Innocent.
Neither Isolationist nor Intervening.
More Harmonious than Utilitarian.

Closest Match: Yukari Yakumo
Runner-Up: Byakuren Hijiri

This was fun! The results felt... Somewhat accurate, I guess? Never would have compared myself to Yukari, though! :cirnotan:
"Rat poison, rat poison..."

(ᗜˬᗜ)

SerenaOculis

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 02:01:22 PM »
Closest Match: Kasen Ibaraki
I never would've compared myself to her... Maybe I should read the manga?
Runner-Up: Suika Ibuki
Haha. Yes. Entirely accurate. There's a reason why she's my profile picture on Twitter and was for a while on Discord.
It's the first time I use a forum in my entire life. Go easy on me!

lonemaestro

• a.k.a. kurantoB
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • kurantoB
    • kurantob.itch.io
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to do those y'all. I appreciate all the feedback you can give. Really, the amount of care put into some of Touhou's characterization is unexpected given that it's just a shm'up game. But having a bunch of folks reading into these characters the same way I am only means I'm not actually reading too much into it after all haha.

Ah right, posting mine as well:

More Open than Specialized.
More Knowledgeable than Innocent.
More Harmonious than Utilitarian.

Closest match: Yukari
Runner-up: Yuyuko

I'm actually kind of flattered.

Wow, looks like I need to read more of the manga!
I never would've compared myself to her... Maybe I should read the manga?
I'll admit, I've only read a handful of chapters of WaHH but I figured that combined with her limited amount of in-game lines would be enough to craft a personality profile.

It bugs me how Byakuren's hair doesn't have the purple gradient it's supposed to have
Yeah that was an oversight on my end. I missed that detail and only gave it just a tiny amount of gradient cause (probably) I got lazy with the palette.

her bio mentions that "being overwhelmed can leave her traumatized" which reminded me heavily how I got traumatized by raocow's reactions towards a certain other Issun-boshi inspired character in a game he played somewhat recently...
I don't actually know about this so I'm missing some context. This is giving off ungood vibes so I do hope you were able to move past this.

In this case "Innocent" and "Knowledgeable" refers to how easily you take in or believe new information (Innocence) instead of relying on your existing knowledge-base (Knowledgeable).
Yeah, this metric is supposed to be a combo of how deep (and broad) someone's knowledge is and their ability to put new things into context. It seemed straightforward to me at first but I'm just realizing now that it's kind of shaky. Welp.

I'd also like to note that there is only a slight deviation between me getting this, or Satori and Patchouli.
ZUN really likes this character archetype doesn't he? Quiet and judgemental having standards.

Never would have compared myself to Yukari, though! :cirnotan:
Gensokyo is yours to own. Nbd. Join the club!

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 05:07:10 PM »
My results:
  • More Specialized than Open.
  • More Headstrong than Flexible.
  • More Knowledgeable than Innocent.
  • More Isolationist than Intervening.
  • More Utilitarian than Harmonious.
Closest match: Satori Komeiji
Runner-up: Patchouli Knowledge

Yeah I'll have to agree a little. Although still, I think that Satori is much more reserved than me.

kurzov

• Stagnant yet Ever-Moving Editor
  • stuck on the "wrong side"
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • kurzov
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 11:24:15 PM »
You are:
* More Specialized than Open.
* More Headstrong than Flexible.
* More Innocent than Knowledgeable.
* More Isolationist than Intervening.
* More Harmonious than Utilitarian.

Closest Match: Mononobe no Futo
Second Match: Shinmyoumaru Sukuna

Huh. Hm, okay, I guess that makes sense.
Never played a lick of TD nor reached Sukuna in DDC, ever, perhaps I should get on the ball with that.
PLEASE COME TO OUR GAMES
PLEASE JOIN MY FORUM QUEST: Kisume Quest

Discofreezer

• Twitch
    • Discofreezer#2348
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 07:24:27 PM »
I'm new here, and I thought this post looks interesting, so I took the funny quiz:
You are:
    More Specialized than Open.
    Neither Innocent nor Knowledgeable.
    Neither Isolationist nor Intervening.

Closest Match: Satori Komeiji
Second Match: Toyosatomimi no Miko

Not exactly a fan of Miko (nor would I prefer to compare myself to her), but whatever. Definitely don't enjoy being called "not knowledgeable", which I imagine was somewhat in part due to my one response regarding joke/innuendo recognition. Oh well. Satori's cool though.

Anyways, I'm not to familiar with forums or the like, but hello to you all!