Author Topic: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread  (Read 92076 times)

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
Re: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 08:00:05 PM »
I went and tried to roll for Homura with all I could get. I hit 71/100 with nothing and I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy the rest of my rolls just to hit pity for at least 1 copy of her. I can't get anymore gems from anything aside from the 10 for dailies and Mirrors (latter in which I don't have enough patience for.)
Can't clear some of Homura's challenge event nodes when they're hitting me like several trucks in a row.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 10:33:17 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that Godoka has pretty much the same voice as Madoka? I kind of figured she would sound older or more majestic or something.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 05:58:22 AM »
I rolled for Homura. It flipped Ren. Despair.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 07:53:46 AM »
I've been using the same basic core of Mitama, Madoka, and a strong attacker friend unit (usually accel-based) for challenge quests for a long time, but with this event I added Sayaka with a bunch of taunt-based memoria to the lineup and she did a ton of work. I guess I don't mind the challenge quests forcing me to branch out more. But man, that last one had so much HP... Admittedly I just guessed which attribute the boss would be and I was wrong so I didn't bring anyone who was effective against it, I guess if I had just exited the quest and re-entered with a dark type attacker I probably would have won faster than just toughing it out.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2020, 09:55:44 AM »
5* Oriko freaken glows, it's awesome

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2020, 07:55:40 PM »
I ended up spending to get Homura and got lucky on pity. Whatever, I'm satisfied with my trophy.
You know, I first heard about Nagisa's event on Tumblr and the summary of it made it sound really super cringey and think, "wtf is Doroinu doing?" But then I saw the translation and now the NA translation.

It's not as bad as I thought it was. Somewhat awkward in some areas, but it's decent. I love how Kyubey is written in it, but what I don't like is the characters in general. I can't fathom wtf is going on with Inui and Sho, Nagisa's mom, or why Yu is the way she is. Yu in particular almost seems to be treated by Kyubey as a special research topic due to how insane she is, but I'm wondering if that's because her mental illness is fascinating to him as a model for what could happen to another member of his race, or if it's just some other kind of special interest in relation to her contract and powers.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »
It's not as bad as I thought it was. Somewhat awkward in some areas, but it's decent. I love how Kyubey is written in it, but what I don't like is the characters in general. I can't fathom wtf is going on with Inui and Sho, Nagisa's mom, or why Yu is the way she is. Yu in particular almost seems to be treated by Kyubey as a special research topic due to how insane she is, but I'm wondering if that's because her mental illness is fascinating to him as a model for what could happen to another member of his race, or if it's just some other kind of special interest in relation to her contract and powers.
Spoiler:
From what I could tell, it seems like it was inferred that Yu has been a magical girl for an incredibly long time but 'forgot' about getting older, dying, and whatever else, so she just doesn't due to magic shenanigans. However it's also possible that's not true and it's purely her insanity. "Why Yu is this way" either way is just a matter of... that girl ain't right in the head. Some people are just born or traumatized into that kinda state and there's no bigger reason for it. But as far as Kyubey being interested, I do imagine she's been a girl for a very, very long time based off a few of his lines and everyone seeming to know about her.

She seems to have pretty bad memory loss, in any case. If you're basically put on your own at a super young age with that kind of disability and magic superpowers... yeah, your mental state is gonna end up pretty funky. But she definitely seems to have psychopathic traits (inable to feel empathy, etc) that exacerbate it further. She might have had a traumatic brain injury before contracting.

Inui clearly likes Sho quite a lot, but there's a lot of rumors Sho is a terrible person. Yu kills people that she hears are bad, and Inui wants to protect Sho. Nagisa's mom is also a known "bad person" so she ended up on Yu's list too. She apparently got worse after being sick but it sounds like she always had an awful personality, and then Dad abandoned both of them. so Nagisa's pretty much left alone with an abusive mother, in denial about it until the event unfolds. And once she stops being in denial, she wants her mom to regret the abuse and suffer for it, so everything after is motivated by pure revengeful spite. (also, holy crud nagisa I had no idea)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:54:50 PM by Serela »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »
Dang I just finished the Nagisa event story a few hours before it ended (which means I was one event memoria short the whole time, oops). Goddamn, that was definitely one of the better events.

Spoiler:
My interpretation is that Yu was that way because of some monkey's paw shenanigans to do with her wish. Maybe she wished to bring justice to bad people in her life or something and that's how Kyubey interpreted it. Her list presumably came from somewhere and I figure she wrote it herself originally. And if it is constantly being updated by itself it probably has something to do with whatever her wish was.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2020, 09:25:54 AM »
oh no

Wings in the Wind is another tower event.

oh god is this going to be Howa Howa difficulty or Breakpoint

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »
oh no

Wings in the Wind is another tower event.

oh god is this going to be Howa Howa difficulty or Breakpoint
According to some, Breakpoint difficulty, maybe easier.

Also there's a slight possibility that we're going to get the next Tart event since the devs left in Melissa's doppel quest. If so, here's hoping I get enough gems for Corbeau :D

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 04:33:54 AM »
I really with Magia Record would do more banner reruns. I've got well over 200 pulls saved up but the only things I'm really looking for right now are more Madoka, Mami, and Mitama gems. I'm lucky that they're all pretty popular/major characters so all of them being featured somewhere seems a lot more likely than many other characters, but even so I've been waiting for quite a while. Weekend banner reruns or something sure would be nice.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »
Might have to wait on anniversary's likely 'choose your rate-up girl" gacha. It's slightly more expensive to pull for though, iirc.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2020, 08:37:25 AM »
My god challenge 98 and 99 are such dicks to me, I don't have good enough Fire girls to take them on damn it. All I have is Tsuruno, Lelia and Kaoru, and only Tsuruno and sometimes Lelia put in enough work; Kaoru can't dent anything, even with max Magia.

This memoria better be worth it.

EDIT: Somehow passed 98 with Kanae/Lelia/Kaoru/Kirika/Oriko, thank god for damage reduction or else Holy Mami would've nuked me in a flash. My Kanoko/Madoka/Mami/Mito/Rena team managed to nuke 99's Touka and Nemu, almost had Alina kill me down to the last girl but I did it. Took the rest of my teams to kill final boss Shizuku.

That Which Connects Us just grants Curse to 1 target and nothing else. Kinda good, but I'll stick with Magical Halloween Theater. Getting all the rewards and as much as I could with the shop was worth it I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:00:29 AM by Felis-Licht »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2020, 02:48:45 AM »
I'm on floor 65 of the challenge tower, hopefully I'll have enough time to finish.

During the last challenge I did I had an interaction I've never seen before. It makes sense, but I used Madoka's personal memoria (which draws all Accel cards) when I only had Madoka and Kyoko alive and it drew three Madoka cards and two Kyoko cards (Kyoko normally has ABBBC). I don't know what I expected to happen, but seeing two Kyoko Accel cards was a surprise. That could be handy at times, it's good to be aware of I guess.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2020, 03:59:20 AM »
Yeah, Accele draw is incredibly useful because of reasons like that. Kako and Madoka are incredibly useful in these events for easily powerfarming mp on all your other girls.

If you get up to 75 you can max out the event memoria, at least. It's not amazing but 4* with 15% attack up is probably at least useful for someone on your supports. There's the second one for full clearing but that one, as Felis-Licht said, is only a plaino curse memo so if you have Halloween Theatre there's not a lot of need for it. I'm on 81 and about to try to clear up to at least 90 today... I can start using doppels slightly more freely at least, which helps a lot.

edit:I thought the Attack Up would go from 10% to 15% when you mlb'd the memo but it only maxes the anti-counter. Ah, disappointing. Still OK since it's hard to fill 12 slots of support girls with good passive memos, but definitely less interesting.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:38:20 AM by Serela »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 04:29:25 AM »
Are we expecting Swimsuit Kyoko to immediately follow Swimsuit Homura? I might pull for her if she's coming up I guess. She doesn't have the stuff I would really hope for out of an alt Kyoko (mostly single target Magia) but the Magia she does have seems pretty nuts.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2020, 05:26:21 AM »
I read somewhere that the more recent summer events kinda require Chapter 10 to be out first, so no Swimsuit Kyouko just yet. Probably Swimsuit Iroha coming up.

S.Kyouko will most likely be coming out this summer still though, just it'll probably be in July or August.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2020, 07:58:13 AM »
"Oh wow, a beach event, this will be cute and fun!"

-Gekidan Inu Curry wrote this one.

"Oh wow, a beach event, this will be creepy and harrowing!"

-It is.

Real good though. "The Madoka Magica cast goes on a beach vacation together and spooky happenings ensue" is kind of a fanfic premise but in like the best possible way.

The scene where Homura describes
Spoiler:
having sleep paralysis
genuinely spooked me.
Spoiler:
I had sleep paralysis for the first time not too long ago and it really was like that. I saw a shadowy figure looming over me and everything. Except mine didn't talk, obviously. Having voice acting for the ghost was a fantastic touch. I realized when it actually spoke during the chapter that I had been holding my breath reading about Homura realizing what was happening and the unexpected noise made me gasp.
Good stuff!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:54:12 AM by commandercool »

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 07:25:40 AM »
The scene where Homura describes
Spoiler:
having sleep paralysis
genuinely spooked me.
Spoiler:
I had sleep paralysis for the first time not too long ago and it really was like that. I saw a shadowy figure looming over me and everything. Except mine didn't talk, obviously. Having voice acting for the ghost was a fantastic touch. I realized when it actually spoke during the chapter that I had been holding my breath reading about Homura realizing what was happening and the unexpected noise made me gasp.
Good stuff!
Same here. I used to have sleep paralysis sometimes a few years ago that often felt like I was struggling to breathe and I felt that I had to scream or force my arms to move and hit the wall to save myself. In one instance that it happened, I actually tried to remember what to do to prevent it, one of the steps was to focus on waking up and not think of anything dangerous. Surprise, surprise in a matter of seconds of thinking that, I saw a shadow figure at the edge of my bed peering at me; looked like a bunny-man (not sure why) and it vanished as soon as I panicked and closed my eyes. Sleep paralysis is no joke.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2020, 02:08:22 AM »
I finally got my fifth copy of I Made Friends from the friend points gacha (fitting) and I can't decide if I should merge them all up or still keep them separate. I guess I probably have enough good memoria now that I can safely merge them without losing anything...?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2020, 07:05:33 AM »
The Mirror ticket is interesting. 2 copies of your choice of a MG from a small pool. Not worth the cash you'd need to buy the Plat bag, but automatic two-slot is interesting.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2020, 03:13:50 AM »
Alright, I just finished the Beachside Bonds storyline. I think I can confidently say it's my favorite event so far. The horror is genuinely well done and the contrast between it and the fun beach shenanigans works great. I was definitely uncomfortable with
Spoiler:
the use of Japanese double suicide as a horror premise, especially between two women, since that's such a hack and tasteless premise. But I ultimately think the handling of it worked out pretty well, since the whole urban legend theme of Magia Record spins it in a way that comments on the romanticizing of that kind of thing more than sensationalizing it directly. I'm not sure exactly what the read we were supposed to get out of it was supposed to be, but it seems like it probably didn't actually happen that way.

How many more Gekidan Inu Curry events are upcoming? I hope it's a lot! But not too many because goddamn, they are heavy.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2020, 02:59:18 AM »
Well, I put 100 pulls into the light element banner hoping to get another Madoka (did not) and to pick up a bunch of primo memoria with the tickets (did). I'm going to try not to spent any more anything until the third summer event so I can hopefully pick up four Summer Kyokos. We'll see what happens.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »
That event probably shouldn't be until July (or possibly August), so you've got time. It has to come after ch10 stuff iirc.

I'm probably finishing off Ult.doka and then saving all my tickets until SE releases (around the fall?) with the coordinator coin gacha system. Not particularly interested in remaining girls until then anyway, and then pulls are S T R O N G E R because 300 pulls lets you straight-up buy a copy of the featured girl(s).

edit:ok that's slightly a lie i'm kinda interested in touka, but I do want to see her SE -before- dropping ~400 pulls on her... I don't think I can even afford to pull for her -and- madokami right now anyway so she might have to wait for her NA SE release rerun (orrrrr a 100% chance gacha in season 2 anime, now THAT'D be the stuff, convinced to wait)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:18:48 PM by Serela »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2020, 05:01:39 AM »
The Nanoha collab happening as early as it did kind of makes it harder to justify "must happen after Part 1" though, mostly because they just swapped out some of the spoilery girls for others (which caused the Iroha cheering Iroha thing at one point).

Wasn't Summer Amanes one of the summer event girls, though? When did that one happen in relation to Summer Kyoko?

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
Already had Nanaka's unlock prepared in advance, and I also managed to somehow unlock Sayaka's Doppel the next day. Though I feel regretful for not picking Karin since I'm using her+Tsuruno+Kanoko+Support Madoka to grind Extra VI rn. Oh well, there's always the next training event~

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »
The Nanoha collab happening as early as it did kind of makes it harder to justify "must happen after Part 1" though, mostly because they just swapped out some of the spoilery girls for others (which caused the Iroha cheering Iroha thing at one point).

Wasn't Summer Amanes one of the summer event girls, though? When did that one happen in relation to Summer Kyoko?
The event memoria literally has ~~~Ui~~~ in it and the delay will be like, a month at how fast they could have run it otherwise, so probably not this time :U But that's hilarious to hear about, still.

Although it IS weird ch10 hasn't started releasing yet. We're probably gonna end up getting like, one part of it every week lmao

Also, the Amane event is probably post-ch10 too but less 100% certain there. So we'll get First Year Summer events now (summer iroha upcoming probably) and Second Year summer events after anniversary probably.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »
At this point I guess I hope that event takes as long as possible so I can save up. I still have quite a few unclaimed gems from story stuff, I've gotten behind thanks to chapter eight being incredibly long (good, but long) and the side story getting bogged down in recapping there for a while. Not sure how many, but if the Kyoko event does pop up way earlier than expected I can rush through that stuff and hopefully get myself a couple of copies at least. I would live four ideally but I've never tried to get four copies of a girl all at once so I don't know how many gems I should practically expect to need.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2020, 03:47:48 AM »
Roughly 400 rolls gives you a high chance of four-slotting a limited girl from her gacha. It's certainly no guarantee though. The chance of spooks balances out the fact that you'll probably pull more like 6 nat4s in that many rolls, but it's not unreasonable to still only have 3 slots at that point.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2020, 06:07:53 AM »
I was very much not ready for this Ranking. Ugh, already ate a loss...

I'm being a dumb and putting someone with Full Gauge Drive/Shield. It's... kinda worked, except that time an Ultimate Madoka Brave Chained Puella Comboed for bone-crushing damage per hit.