Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - 3.5 [Newcomers always welcome]  (Read 136410 times)

Tom

Re: Rumia Quest Revival - 3.5 [Newcomers always welcome]
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 04:23:11 AM »
// Battle system is awesome indeed, in fact I liked it so much I added it officially with this update!  So yeah, we'd love to see more of these!

// Lets wait until she turns around to leave before hitting her with anything, as this will waste more time for Rumia and make our attack more unexpected since it'll be from behind her.

> Has the structural integrity of the castle weakened after all the explosions?  Could we level the entire castle by further damaging it?

>  Can we see her or at least somehow figure out when she turns around to leave? (she'll surely gloat for some time over her "victory" given how big her ego is, giving Rumia & Friends more time)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:49:09 AM by Tom »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:23 PM »
> Has the structural integrity of the castle weakened after all the explosions?  Could we level the entire castle by further damaging it?

>  Can we see her or at least somehow figure out when she turns around to leave? (she'll surely gloat for some time over her "victory" given how big her ego is, giving Rumia & Friends more time)

> Not particularly, it's a hole in the wall. It's sturdy enough it won't collapse just from that. That said, you're not an architect.

> You cannot see her from your position. If you could; she'd also be able to see you.

>can we make familiars explode or otherwise destroy themselves and scatter their remains? If so how much would that cost?

>would we be able to do something similar with just flinging the tomes, assuming its possible? Would it cost the same?

>speaking of, would flung tomes home in on their target or would we need to turn them into familiars to achieve that effect?

> You couldn't make them explode, although you could animate the individual pages [or what remains of them] and cause them to tear out of the bindings. This would use more magical energy however due to requireing more finesse.

> For them to home in without guidance you'd need to make them familiars rather than just animation. If you were to guide the books then you wouldn't need to do this, but to guide them with any real effect you need to see what Elis is doing.

> It is worth noting there are enough books for you to perform an effective 'shotgun'. After all; there were bookshelves lining the walls in this room, albeit, a lot of the books were outright destroyed by Elis' attack; the ones not directly in the line of fire were not obliterated.

---

Reminder: Don't worry too much about the Magic bar. Remember, Louise is already dead, and as I said towards the start, I fully intend this to be a case of stalling and not winning. You're almost certainly going to run your bar out to end the encounter. The encounter is designed for this to happen.

It's more designed as a limitation so you don't do something absurd like 'animate the castle' and blow all your magic in one go.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:48:22 PM by raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2020, 08:13:20 PM »
> Stall for additional time by letting her gloat over her victory
> Summon a tiny familiar with minimal energy that will just point towards Elis (like Rumia's floating compass but minus the darkness), make it discreet and hide it behind the fire to our left

> The moment the familiar moves/spins (she moves) shotgun her with all the books we can animate in this room. Discreetly use a mirror to guide the books onto Elis

> After the impact create another flash and dash back to where we were standing before she "vaporized" us

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
> Stall for additional time by letting her gloat over her victory
> Summon a tiny familiar with minimal energy that will just point towards Elis (like Rumia's floating compass but minus the darkness), make it discreet and hide it behind the fire to our left

> The moment the familiar moves/spins (she moves) shotgun her with all the books we can animate in this room. Discreetly use a mirror to guide the books onto Elis

> After the impact create another flash and dash back to where we were standing before she "vaporized" us

> You wait for Elis to stop her cackleing. She's not gloating anymore however.

> As she's going this, you summon a small magical light of a familiar and it floats towards Elis, pointing at her.

> The familiar starts turning slowly, if you recall, to the direction of the stairs. At that moment, you send all the burning books towards that location like a barrage of fireballs. You don't know if it actually connected or not however from your position, but you do hear the vampire swear in surprise.

> You float out from behind the corner and release another flash of light, before returning back to where Elis was.

> It seems Elis got pelted by a couple of the books; from some minor marks on her clothing, but the fire didn't see to actually do much.

> "Die already!" she says venomously, actually sounding frustrated, as she performs another under-arm sweep with her wand as she did before, and, like before, you see a ripple passing through the blood pool, wider than before.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
> Immediately fly upwards as fast as we can and out of the room we were in using the hole in the roof that was made earlier
> Drop the animation/familiar on the knight, arm and sword and reclaim any energy we had lent to them

> Once upstairs if she hasn't given into the chase taunt by saying "Oh my, the great Elis gives up in frustration!?"

> Using basic animation fling debris down into the hole we came up from

> Inspect new room, are there more exits we can get her to chase us through?

Metalslug

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 03:01:55 AM »
//I like everything Tom has proposed and have nothing to add.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 03:09:38 AM »
//Considering the last time she used the attack it destroyed a large portion of the fortress I honestly doubt simply flying up into an adjacent room would allow us to dodge lol

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 07:55:11 AM »
> Immediately fly upwards as fast as we can and out of the room we were in using the hole in the roof that was made earlier
> Drop the animation/familiar on the knight, arm and sword and reclaim any energy we had lent to them

> Once upstairs if she hasn't given into the chase taunt by saying "Oh my, the great Elis gives up in frustration!?"

> Using basic animation fling debris down into the hole we came up from

> Inspect new room, are there more exits we can get her to chase us through?

> You fly up to the next floor using the hole that was made, and manage to do so before the wave of blood erupts into spikes where you were.

> You taunt the vampire, and in response, she smashes up from the lower floor, breaking through.

> "Says the Archmagus running away!" the vampire says angrily, before with another mad cackle, she just outright lunges at you, her still-skeletal arm reached out to strike.

> You don't have the time to dispel the active familiars considering the situation.

Tom

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2020, 01:10:22 AM »
> Elegantly dodge her tackle diagonally with our haste and respond by hitting her with a powerful spray of water

> If we have time dispel the familiars and reclaim their energy

> "Running away?  I call that a height advantage!"

Metalslug

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2020, 04:41:42 AM »
//We are a phantom of sorts right? Shes attempting to hit us with her physical strength here. Do we need to dodge? Or will she pass right through us? If its the latter:

>Bring the remaining flaming books up behind us so she hits them when she passes through.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 06:50:24 AM »
>Bring the remaining flaming books up behind us so she hits them when she passes through.
//Didn't we use all of them up already? Plus even if there are some remaining they'll be on the floor below us and thus unable to assemble behind us in time. Not to mention we don't even know if she'll actually pass through us or not.

Metalslug

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
//Some of them pelted her, and they didnt do much, but she didnt destroy them and we still have them active, so we might as well try to use them.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2020, 07:22:16 PM »
//We are a phantom of sorts right? Shes attempting to hit us with her physical strength here. Do we need to dodge? Or will she pass right through us? If its the latter:

// Yes; a prurely physical attack should not harm you, but you don't know if Elis is using any magic to enhance the attack.

> You can neither see the books from your current location, and you doubt there's much of them left anyway.

> Elegantly dodge her tackle diagonally with our haste and respond by hitting her with a powerful spray of water

> If we have time dispel the familiars and reclaim their energy

> "Running away?  I call that a height advantage!"

> You manage to narrowly dodge Elis' strike; primarily because it's telegraphed. Even Hasted, Elis is faster than you.

> You release your control over your familiars, except your mirror. You're unsure if the books were even still working, but you do hear a small clunk as the metal arm falls to the ground.

> "You think height will save you!" the vampire screeches angrily, before a magical circle appears below her, and her glowing red aura increases even more. You feel wicked energy flowing from the vampire, her face hardly even looking humanoid anymore as it twists. Energy starts to crackle around Elis as she channels.

> The walls, ceiling and floor around Elis start to splinter and crack; her magical energy starting to tear apart the fortress. Whatever she's up to, it's using an incredible amount of magic, even by Vampire standards.

Tom

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2020, 11:06:09 PM »
// Looks like an AoE attack we won't be able to dodge, might as well go all out on her now

> Do we think we could use up all our energy for a magical explosion of our own and level the fortress with our combined blasts? (Mayina style)
> If so do we think we could take her out with us?

> If we think we can either bury her in the rubble or take her out with us proceed to explode

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2020, 02:25:08 AM »
// Looks like an AoE attack we won't be able to dodge, might as well go all out on her now

> Do we think we could use up all our energy for a magical explosion of our own and level the fortress with our combined blasts? (Mayina style)

> If we think we can either bury her in the rubble or take her out with us proceed to explode

>We would still technically be able to survive this given our undead nature, right? Or will this actually end us if we tried it?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2020, 08:27:01 PM »

> You think you could discharge all of your remaining magic, but you're not sure what would occur if you did so. You've never tried.

> You doubt Elis would be killed; Vampires are very difficult to kill.

> You're fairly sure your combined power wouldn't *leave* any rubble.

>We would still technically be able to survive this given our undead nature, right? Or will this actually end us if we tried it?

> You are unsure what would happen if you were to release every single bit of your magical essence. You figure it's best to keep just a trickle in reserve. Just in case. You don't know for 100% sure; because you're unique in Makai and have simply never done that.

Tom

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
> Her explosion should take out her castle on its own then, so that'll do
> Assume we've stalled for enough time and phase through the walls with our ghostly abilities to get out of there and fly back towards our mansion in Vina to recover

> On the way out enhance our defenses to lessen the blow from Elis' oncoming explosion and drop low, flying just above the miasma

> Use any remaining magic to go invisible, hide or otherwise disappear from Elis and leave her wondering as to what happened to us

> If we can absorb any magic from the liquid miasma surrounding Elis' fortress do so, if not just focus on getting back to Vina

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 02:39:10 AM »
> Assume we've stalled for enough time and phase through the walls with our ghostly abilities to get out of there and fly back towards our mansion in Vina to recover

> On the way out enhance our defenses to lessen the blow from Elis' oncoming explosion and drop low, flying just above the miasma

> Use any remaining magic to go invisible, hide or otherwise disappear from Elis and leave her wondering as to what happened to us

> If we can absorb any magic from the liquid miasma surrounding Elis' fortress do so, if not just focus on getting back to Vina

// The battle system is more than fine with adding more "status bars "as needed by the Encounter,Objectives,Variations,etc. //

// As a hopefully good suggestion:about Objectives,if possible,they should be added as well alongside their own sort of "progress/status bar" ;except of course in the case where they  and/or their " progress/status bar" start off as hidden and remain that way either because they must remain mysterious or because the players have not yet meet enough requirements/managed enough progress before and/or in-battle //

> Quickly "unsummon" our Mirror Familiar to keep it from this Overwhelmingly Ruinous Attack .

> While retreating back to Vina, look back to see what we can about the Castle-Fortress,the Bay,Elis and hopefully nothing at all indicating Rumia and her group.
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »
// Just as a heads up; quite busy the next couple of days. I'm working in healthcare and receiving training [relating to a promotion]. But this training requires me work late shifts to be able to be trained due to the overall workload.

I am unlikely to be able to update until Friday.

Metalslug

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »
//Working in health care during the current events huh? Must be harsh. Good luck with it.

Branneg Xy

• Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2020, 10:07:51 PM »
// Just as a heads up; quite busy the next couple of days. I'm working in healthcare and receiving training [relating to a promotion]. But this training requires me work late shifts to be able to be trained due to the overall workload.

I am unlikely to be able to update until Friday.

// 8) I see you are online now,so it is the best time to pray and wish for your success on that and benefits for all involved(regardless of normalcy or emergency)  :D //
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

Tom

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »
// Good luck with your promotion and stay healthy

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »

// The battle system is more than fine with adding more "status bars "as needed by the Encounter,Objectives,Variations,etc. //

// As a hopefully good suggestion:about Objectives,if possible,they should be added as well alongside their own sort of "progress/status bar" ;except of course in the case where they  and/or their " progress/status bar" start off as hidden and remain that way either because they must remain mysterious or because the players have not yet meet enough requirements/managed enough progress before and/or in-battle //

> Quickly "unsummon" our Mirror Familiar to keep it from this Overwhelmingly Ruinous Attack .

> While retreating back to Vina, look back to see what we can about the Castle-Fortress,the Bay,Elis and hopefully nothing at all indicating Rumia and her group.

> You de-summon the mirror as you promptly turn to retreat.

> As you flee, you hear the fortress crumbling, and you can see the ground below you warping. It is at this point you realise that Elis wasn't intending to perform an explosion of sorts, she is using some sort of gravity-based attack, which fits with her saying you wouldn't be able to fly away.

> Except you don't have mass in the first place. So her attack probably would not have effected you.

> You see neither Elis pursuing you, or Rumia's group. You feel quite worn out after all this, so you head home, replenishing your magical power as you absorb maisma from the surroundings.

---

> Control has reverted to Rumia

---

> There is a flash of purple light, and you find yourself back in Patchouli's library, along with Koakuma, Kogasa and Gungir. [Kogasa still seeming quite enraptured by the spear]

> You can see a concerned looking group of Mystia; Cirno, Daiyousei and the projection of Sumireiko nearby. You can also hear Patchouli wheezing and coughing from behind you. Mayina is in view as well; he just doesn't look concerned and is standing further back.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2020, 09:48:09 PM »
>"We're back!"
>Turn to Patchouli
>"...are you okay?"

Tom

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »
> Before that
> Elegantly spin around and T pose holding the spear out for Patchouli!
> "Ta-da~!"

Metalslug

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2020, 01:14:46 AM »
>Take our pose, spin around and put up two fingers in a V for victory.
>"Mission accomplished~!"

//Edit: No strawberries I didn't see Tom's post before I wrote this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:18:32 AM by Metalslug »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2020, 01:41:35 AM »
>Take care not to accidentally hit her or anyone else with the spear while we do this.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
>"We're back!"
>Turn to Patchouli
>"...are you okay?"

> Before that
> "Ta-da~!"

> You spin around, weilding the spear, and say 'Ta-da!'.

> You note the lance feels rather heavy in your hands, despite it's size being right for someone like you, and you being a Youkai, so easily able to wield a spear of this size if it was normal.

> You then show concern for Patchouli.

> "It's my illnesses..." she wheezes. "Using that level of magic really... took it out of me..."

> "Lady Patchouli is quite unhealthy, even on the best of days." Koakuma remarks. "It's to the point she cannot even utilize two of her seven elements most days."

> "It was the least I could do for Lady Remilia..." Patchouli coughs.

Tom

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2020, 07:49:55 PM »
> "We'll return it to her then, you should get some rest"

> "The place we were sent to was the city of Vina ... or what little's left of it, you wouldn't happen to know a way to find out what happened would you?"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:54:13 PM by Tom »

Branneg Xy

• Branneg Xy
    • Steam
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 07:53:12 PM »
> You spin around, weilding the spear, and say 'Ta-da!'.

> You note the lance feels rather heavy in your hands, despite it's size being right for someone like you, and you being a Youkai, so easily able to wield a spear of this size if it was normal.

> You then show concern for Patchouli.

> "It's my illnesses..." she wheezes. "Using that level of magic really... took it out of me..."

> "Lady Patchouli is quite unhealthy, even on the best of days." Koakuma remarks. "It's to the point she cannot even utilize two of her seven elements most days."

> "It was the least I could do for Lady Remilia..." Patchouli coughs.

//  8) HAPPY HOLY EASTER  ;D !!! //

// What do you all think about the Elis fight outcome ? Has it turned out in an an advantageous stalemate? //

> Wait before departing to Remilia's.

> To Patchouli : " And you have done it very nicely,both on accounts of sensing us in and calling us back".

> Wait for her to recover enough:'' Should I take this to Miss Remilia now or...?"

> Once the response is given,go to back to our group,ask if everything was fine here,thank  Mystia and the others for keeping an eye on Maiyna and on Riga,ask Mystia for the Riga Communication Doll .

> Proceed to Remilia's,unless Parchouli suggest somewhere else.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:34:14 PM by Branneg Xy »
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "