Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1053449 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1140 on: March 10, 2020, 09:24:40 PM »
I've never played forum mafia with zeep I played ps turbo which doesn't count at all, I've commented on nuxls meta earlier about him losing stamina as scum

confirming the former

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1141 on: March 10, 2020, 09:25:23 PM »
@raikaria fair point. i said id reread refa and duskfall isos. not looking forward to duskfalls though

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1142 on: March 10, 2020, 09:32:53 PM »
...tommy is town.

##unvote

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1143 on: March 10, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
i saw a bit that changed my mind, but it was mostly the fact that he was defending someone based on a point i made that he thought was invalid. i think its a townie move to not push raikaria there using the slip. alternatively, he could be scum expecting this to happen, but... hrngh.

he cant keep his thoughts straight, but upon rereading him, his process makes more sense now

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1144 on: March 10, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
Vote Count 2.2

O4rfish (Rumia) (2): NekoNekoRex, sb, Dormio Ergo Sum
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0):
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (1): Conqueror, NekoNekoRex, zwerdjib, Serela
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Fabloo
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (2): Refa, Conqueror
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (1): NekoNekoRex, NekoNekoRex
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Fabloo (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0): sb
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Shadoweh, zwerdjib
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (1): Fabloo

Not voting (7): O4rfish, Raikaria, ActionDan, Duskfall98, Nuxl, Niektory, zwerdjib

with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have some tremendous number of nanoseconds remaining.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1145 on: March 10, 2020, 09:57:55 PM »
Zwerd, who is scum
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1146 on: March 10, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »
Zwerd, who is scum

well the poe i am looking at right now is niek/nnr/fab/serela/conq/shadoweh/o4r/dan/sb and maybe refa

which isnt actually too much tbh. these are just the people i dont have relatively strong town opinions about.

i couldnt tell you if i had scumreads though. no one has done anything that really sticks out to me...

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1147 on: March 10, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »
Zwerd thats over half the living players

Who is scum
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1148 on: March 10, 2020, 10:14:03 PM »
i know I'm procrastinating on my rereads (AND DRINKING VODKA SO WELP ABOUT THOSE ATM) but at least I -have- a scumread I'm more than happy to be voting

poe'ing half the players is not a great place to be in, even if I don't think you're scum you do need to get on that. Narrow it down farther and work from there.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1149 on: March 10, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
##Unvote

My read on sb is not up to date and therefore i don't feel confident on it.

He is also actually voting which is more town play than I can say about most players right now.

Like oarfish, for instance

##Vote: Oarfish

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1150 on: March 10, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
Despite bemoaning he is today's inevitable lynch he has yet to actually try to play the game

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1151 on: March 10, 2020, 10:18:40 PM »
i know I'm procrastinating on my rereads (AND DRINKING VODKA SO WELP ABOUT THOSE ATM) but at least I -have- a scumread I'm more than happy to be voting

poe'ing half the players is not a great place to be in, even if I don't think you're scum you do need to get on that. Narrow it down farther and work from there.

i know, but its not like i have all of the time in the world to play this game :v

« Reply #1152 on: March 10, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
i saw a bit that changed my mind, but it was mostly the fact that he was defending someone based on a point i made that he thought was invalid. i think its a townie move to not push raikaria there using the slip. alternatively, he could be scum expecting this to happen, but... hrngh.

he cant keep his thoughts straight, but upon rereading him, his process makes more sense now

My thoughts are straight smh

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1153 on: March 10, 2020, 10:29:33 PM »
I think Niek is definitely overwhelmed regardless of alignment but want to see more from them. Their drop-ins remind me a lot of the first game I played as scum (popping in to talk about rule stuff because that felt easy) and they're evidently paying attention to the game but aren't engaged at all. I kind of expected some kind of townie confusion here? But instead they seem really laid back without wanting to get involved much. Niek, what did you think of the end of the day? Do you think Raikaria is also town, or do you think he's mafia and why?
I'm afraid my extremely timid personality is showing. I joined something really out of my comfort zone.
I think Raikaria would play it safer as scum, unless he's really ballsy, so I'd say he's town.

Who asked if scum has daytalk btw you are officially clear
Not me, but you can deduce from my Day 1 posts that I assumed they don't have it.

Anyway, I'm going to
##Vote: Serela
for now. He was sowing a lot of doubt to the AbuHumaid's ability to prove himself. This influenced my Day 1 vote, at least.

Also, I'm having trouble deciphering some of the terms/abbreviations thrown around. Can someone explain these? Please bear with me.
There's a good chance he's actually just tming Abu town here I think?
"tming"?
don't think we have enough to cfd literally anywhere else though, someone tell me if this is out of scum!raik's gambit range
"cfd"?
You're the wafflemaster because you usually waffle.
"waffle"?

« Reply #1154 on: March 10, 2020, 10:32:42 PM »
Independently speaking, what do you think of NNR right now? He has the same heated response for everything. Dormio mentioned that reading him is useless and not a viable lynch option, but where I had my concerns with NNR is that he's just hot air. His words seem very blunt and is willing to brandish them like a knife at anyone who opposes him, but doesn't actually stab anyone. Him calling your case bullstrawberries, getting all upset. Just seems par for the course. Everything and anything will piss him off. How do you read that?

My read on NNR is: confusing.

Not sure what to make of his vote on me fizzling out after I backed down, but I can see a world where he's like "ok he's not pushing this bullstrawberries case anymore so he's less scummy" when we've converged on Oarfish now. That being said, @NNR what puts Shadoweh over Oarfish for you? Is it literally the not voting thing, or is it to do with Shadoweh's posts today?

Question about your Nuxl read (Fabloo): are you looking at their D1 content in a new light now? Or is this solely focused on what they posted today?

Zeep, talk to me about Fabloo. Did you think that their sub in was null? NNR too just to throw out a name of someone I think there's enough content to form an opinion of.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1155 on: March 10, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »
Waffle means to have an opinion that constantly flip flops, which is typical Serela behavior

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1156 on: March 10, 2020, 10:35:31 PM »
However its a lot worse when hes scum

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1157 on: March 10, 2020, 10:37:38 PM »
It might be better to define it as indecision but you probably understand the point now

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1158 on: March 10, 2020, 10:38:37 PM »
I'm afraid my extremely timid personality is showing. I joined something really out of my comfort zone.

The first few games can be kind of scary ftr but if you have any thoughts at all it's generally better to just let them out. Even if you can't find scum yourself making it easier for others to read you by giving them more to look at is still helpful for town. Oarfish, Shadoweh and Serela are a couple of people that have been talking points today, do you have any kind of strong opinions on those?

TMIing (too much information): revealing information that a player shouldn't know unless they were mafia (like knowing an unflipped player is town)
CFD (chinese fire drill): Forming a wagon to get someone lynched really close to phase end when they weren't a wagon before (also known as turbolynched)
NNR got waffle already.

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1159 on: March 10, 2020, 10:40:41 PM »

Not sure what to make of his vote on me fizzling out after I backed down, but I can see a world where he's like "ok he's not pushing this bullstrawberries case anymore so he's less scummy" when we've converged on Oarfish now. That being said, @NNR what puts Shadoweh over Oarfish for you? Is it literally the not voting thing, or is it to do with Shadoweh's posts today?

Question about your Nuxl read (Fabloo): are you looking at their D1 content in a new light now? Or is this solely focused on what they posted today?

Zeep, talk to me about Fabloo. Did you think that their sub in was null? NNR too just to throw out a name of someone I think there's enough content to form an opinion of.

Appreciate the straightforward answer but I was being actually literal. How do you read that? As in, how do you read someone with that behavior. Do you think scum would be more likely to fall back on their attitude in times of pressure? Or is he just venting as town? I don't know you're familiar with each other and I'm sure this would be easier if you were. If anyone is (or you are) try to fill a few things in for me.

When it comes to Nuxl, it's not really a new light rather what I observed and what I said about him might've been careless. I did feel like he had a fire ignited but now it's wilted and he seems directionless. There is a point made that Duskfall mentioned that he asked about if scum can talk outside of the thread but. I can't base my read alone on that.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1160 on: March 10, 2020, 10:45:57 PM »
@NNR what puts Shadoweh over Oarfish for you? Is it literally the not voting thing, or is it to do with Shadoweh's posts today?
partially that Shadoweh is actually voting, partially that I already had oarfish earlier, and partially (begrudgingly) because Dormio is also voting Oarfish

« Reply #1161 on: March 10, 2020, 10:51:51 PM »
Appreciate the straightforward answer but I was being actually literal. How do you read that? As in, how do you read someone with that behavior. Do you think scum would be more likely to fall back on their attitude in times of pressure? Or is he just venting as town? I don't know you're familiar with each other and I'm sure this would be easier if you were. If anyone is (or you are) try to fill a few things in for me.

NNR is reactive regardless of alignment but I've only played with scum!NNR once and that was when he was alt scumteam in a multiball game and I was hard checked out of the game. I think that it's definitely within scum!NNR's range based on a game I read (C9++ I think?) so I'm kind of hoping that roles or associations solves him because it might be more reliable than play. With those in mind I'm keeping an eye on him but I don't think I would vote there right now.

« Reply #1162 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:54 PM »
I guess reading is helpful, I don't think a scum Serela makes posts like 1091. Like I really don't think Serela pulls off 'smug that im right' as scum.

Town:
Meaniequeror
Raikaria
Celery
Fabloo

Probably Town:
Dormio
Zwerb
Nuxl? tbh i still can't read all his posts but i just don't see him being scum i guess

Who else is even in this game

1. O4rfish (Rumia)
7. sb (Sanae Kochiya)
12. Refa (Reimu Hakurei)
13. ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika)
14. NekoNekoRex (Chen)
15. Duskfall98 (Shinki)
17. Niektory (Yukari Yakumo)

oh god there's still so many -.- Hey, I realized I can P R O V E that I'm not mafia: I would have shot Refa. You can't deny this, obvi obvitown for me. :relieved: I kind of think Refa's posts look townie but I can't say I've been reading them in detail, they just have a good tone. That just makes me feel better about my vote though. :shrug: I'm still reading about 2 pages back.

« Reply #1163 on: March 10, 2020, 10:55:49 PM »
When it comes to Nuxl, it's not really a new light rather what I observed and what I said about him might've been careless. I did feel like he had a fire ignited but now it's wilted and he seems directionless. There is a point made that Duskfall mentioned that he asked about if scum can talk outside of the thread but. I can't base my read alone on that.

I agree that he seems more out of things but I'm not sure if that makes him scum rather than just busy. His D1 still holds up fine I think and he has reasons to be less motivated outside of the game, so unless he just got hard complacent I don't see why motivation would be an issue for scum!Nuxl? Especially because he seemed surprised that everyone was giving him a pass coming into the day. It could be wifom so I don't think it's a point worth townreading him for but I feel like the dropoff can be justified.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »
Hey, I realized I can P R O V E that I'm not mafia: I would have shot Refa. You can't deny this, obvi obvitown for me. :relieved:
I may be pretty drunk but I've made the "mafia wouldn't do ____!" arguement as mafia too many times to possibly go for this

« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2020, 11:01:21 PM »
Serela if you don't post at least one vodka fueled case tonight I'd consider it a wasted opportunity.

Going to bed, I have a busy day tomorrow so don't expect to see me around for a while.

« Reply #1166 on: March 10, 2020, 11:03:31 PM »
I'm presenting it as a joke but 100% I wouldn't have missed a chance to meme  ;) Wait, are you drunk right now? Who are your teammates Serela?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1167 on: March 10, 2020, 11:03:44 PM »
NNR what puts Shadoweh over Oarfish
to also confirm what you think, I actually made sure to double check if Shadoweh was actually voting before I switched, because i considered it

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1168 on: March 10, 2020, 11:06:28 PM »

My thoughts are straight smh

yeah. fabloo doesnt strike me any which way. like wallposts like that are, admittedly, nai. having the amount of notes fab has is incredible commitment, but it doesnt signify one alignment or another. i am beginning to agree more with their posts though. might be a good thing.

as for nnr, hmm, his progression has kinda been like... hes not doing towny things, but its not like i can sr him for doing dumb things. i mean, i guess its weird that he does what he does, but not explicitly scummy, yknow? but also hes probably on the lower end of my nulls list

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1169 on: March 10, 2020, 11:10:20 PM »
WHY CANT I MAKE THIS CORRECTION

re: tommy

your thoughts are quite not straight. but its fine bc mine arent either