Author Topic: Non-Touhou Dream Thread?  (Read 594 times)

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
Non-Touhou Dream Thread?
« on: April 07, 2024, 09:46:40 PM »
Dreams probably don't really mean anything, but they can be really fun, if not exactly insightful. At least I never learned anything about myself from them. Your mileage may vary. ANYWAY, if you have any particularly fun dream to share, this is the place. Let's take a peek inside your subconscious mind.

One particularly ridiculous one comes to mind. You see, I like comics about ducks. Not just any ducks, of course, but the ducks: Donald, Scrooge, Huey, Dewey and Louie. The latest adventure sees them descending past the surface of the Earth, looking for God knows what (probably diamonds). They find strange machinery instead. Scrooge was able to name the machines (I can't remember the names anymore) and divulged that should they be disturbed, it would result in a cataclysm. No information on who put doomsday machines deep underground. Either way, they are (predictably) disturbed and the Earth explodes. Fortunately, the ducks are able to escape and terraform one of Jupiter's moons. The dream ends with a snapshot of reality on the newly transformed world: it's warm, so the ice is melting, but also very rainy and overall dreary. That's all.

VanillaCake

• Oh Hey Hi
Re: Non-Touhou Dream Thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 12:04:03 PM »
This is the one i always use as an example of how weird my dreams can get

It was some sort of wacky races competition, it was in a grassy field with shoddy metal bars to denote the track, i was on foot for some reason and out-speeding other cars, i manage to throw a guy off of his vehicle and start racing properly

The announcer mention there's too much wind, and that they can barely hear anything; in comes Dale Earnhardt and says "they'll only hear a quiet and deserted track" before waking up

The only reason i have for Dale Earnhardt being there is a video i saw by a guy i don't watch anymore, i guess my brain didn't have a better place to use memories from

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 12:08:48 PM »
I had a dream one day about meteorites hitting the Earth, and I had a vision (meaning I can't able to interact people) of being in Japan. There were people in a building and a meteorite destroyed it, killing the civilians. I was able to hear their screams of terror and despair before the meteorite hit the building. Then it cuts of me trying to leave from my apartment so I would not get killed by the meteorites, then I was on the outside and saw kids out too. I told them if they have enough money to call emergency from their phone (because I was a dumb to not re-fill it in my phone); and that's the dream.

Yeah folks, that's really it. It was crazy to be honest and might tell another dream that's in my mind right now.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 01:54:19 PM »
I had a dream one day about meteorites hitting the Earth, and I had a vision (meaning I can't able to interact people) of being in Japan. There were people in a building and a meteorite destroyed it, killing the civilians. I was able to hear their screams of terror and despair before the meteorite hit the building. Then it cuts of me trying to leave from my apartment so I would not get killed by the meteorites, then I was on the outside and saw kids out too. I told them if they have enough money to call emergency from their phone (because I was a dumb to not re-fill it in my phone); and that's the dream.

Yeah folks, that's really it. It was crazy to be honest and might tell another dream that's in my mind right now.
This is the universe telling you that you have to refill your phone.
If you haven't, do it now before it's too late...

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 02:20:25 PM »
This is the universe telling you that you have to refill your phone.
If you haven't, do it now before it's too late...

Too bad, I will rather use my allowance to buy a $50 Steam gift card in some local supermarket so I can buy Higurashi Watanagashi than ever waste them on refilling my phone. d:

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 11:01:10 AM »
I had a dream where I was in the balcony of my apartment and the sun shined like a golden glow. It was SO BRIGHT, that I had to cover my eyes so I can have some visibility. And that's it, that was the dream.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:06:11 AM »
Speaking of the Sun I had a dream where there were five artificial suns in the sky. Looking at them, I had a sense of dread for a second, and then they all exploded. We rushed to escape pods and ended up on a completely new planet. I don't remember anything else, but I'll be damned if this isn't memorable enough.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:00:55 PM »
Speaking of the Sun I had a dream where there were five artificial suns in the sky. Looking at them, I had a sense of dread for a second, and then they all exploded. We rushed to escape pods and ended up on a completely new planet. I don't remember anything else, but I'll be damned if this isn't memorable enough.

Broooooo, if you are into writing, this will be a good premise for a Sci-Fi story, lol.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #8 on: Today at 09:11:44 AM »
Broooooo, if you are into writing, this will be a good premise for a Sci-Fi story, lol.
I used to be into writing, actually, but not so much anymore. I'm at my creative low point. This dream would make for a nice intro, but tne main portion of the story would, of course, be the new planet and I have no idea how would it look loke. My mind's blank.