Author Topic: Touhou Albums  (Read 2247 times)

Touhou Albums
« on: January 13, 2024, 04:11:47 PM »
Have you guys ever bought a Touhou album? Which one? Which is your favourite? I just bought the SWR OST, but I also have DiPP and Akyuu's Untouched Score Vol. 1.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
Re: Touhou Albums
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 05:37:09 PM »
I have all of ZUN's CD's. I found all of the Akyu CD's used at a convention earlier this year, so I had to grab them, then I ordered the Windows era CD's online.

My favorite Windows era CD's are MA, DiPP, GFC, and CoSD. Favorite PC98 era ost is probably Mystic Square.

I also have the OST CD for the fangame Elegant Impermanence of Sakura, one of my favorite fangames. It's one of my most treasured possessions because there's probably only a few hundred of this disc in existence in the world, and I have one of them!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 06:01:23 PM »
My favorite Windows era CD's are MA, DiPP, GFC, and CoSD.
I'm really hoping I can get Magical Astronomy someday, I'm just not sure how to go about getting it. I got DiPP and Akyuu Vol. 1 from some friends who were visiting Akihabara, so I'm unsure what's the best way to get Touhou CDs in the West.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 08:34:05 PM »
I ordered mine from Akibahobby https://shop.akbh.jp/en/collections/teamshanghaialice?page=1&grid_list=grid-view

Pretty easy, just prepare to pay as much for shipping as the disks themselves cost, lol.

Just dug out the invoice. Buying all the music CD's (besides UFMJ and RCS) and shipping to the west coast US costs:    

Subtotal
   $61.20

Shipping
   $61.40

Total
   $122.60 USD

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 09:13:09 PM »
I ordered mine from Akibahobby https://shop.akbh.jp/en/collections/teamshanghaialice?page=1&grid_list=grid-view

Pretty easy, just prepare to pay as much for shipping as the disks themselves cost, lol.

Just dug out the invoice. Buying all the music CD's (besides UFMJ and RCS) and shipping to the west coast US costs:    

Subtotal
   $61.20

Shipping
   $61.40

Total
   $122.60 USD
Oh I didn't know you can buy stuff from Akibahobby here. That would've been good to know since I got a coupon for Akibahobby, but it expired lol

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 09:36:21 PM »

Subtotal
   $61.20

Shipping
   $61.40

Total
   $122.60 USD
Shipping this high just makes me want to pray even more for the day that teleportation is invented.

t. Latinamerican

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 09:53:52 PM »
Shipping this high just makes me want to pray even more for the day that teleportation is invented.

t. Latinamerican
Yeah, if you're buying a lot of things it would probably be easier to just go to Japan and buy it there. Plus a lot of the stuff are more expensive even ignoring shipping, like EoSD is 10 USD but is also priced at 1,100 JPY which is worth about 7 USD. When you're buying a ton of stuff that'll probably stack up, plus there's probably bigger examples of it.