Author Topic: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)  (Read 38985 times)

Tom

Re: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2024, 09:00:55 PM »
> Add "Since we're trying to lay low and whatever gossip gets out brings prying eyes here..."

> Though, we did hint to the Shinigami about the whole going to the moon thing, perhaps running into her wouldn't be as unproductive as we think?

« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2024, 09:37:22 PM »
>  "I guess I should head out soon, will Yukari be able to notice that I'm in this area? You probably already know that it's best for us to avoid an encounter."
> Add "Since we're trying to lay low and whatever gossip gets out brings prying eyes here..."

> Though, we did hint to the Shinigami about the whole going to the moon thing, perhaps running into her wouldn't be as unproductive as we think?

>"Oh, definitely, you should leave. I would not be surprised if she were discreetly watching you since you came here, or even once you started your journey. If she somehow knows you were here then I will vouch for you. I cannot allow a cute Celestial like you to suffer her grudges."

>Maybe you could convince her that you both have a common enemy in the moon? Or at least convince her that going along with the lie is a good idea. But if she's been watching you for long...

> How did Shinyoumaru react to the comments made by Yuyuko?

>Shinmyoumaru gave you a sly smirk. You feel like you know what she means by it but you do not want to admit.

>Youmu walks in from a different room. Dressed in the same clothes that you regularly see her in.
>"Tenshi, I am ready for our training."
>"Are your friends joining in? I could accommodate them but it would take more precious time. Or they can just watch."

>It is going to be a very funny sight. You in your gardening clothing duelling Youmu in her regular clothing.
>_?

Tom

« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2024, 08:45:18 AM »
> Ask "Want to join in?"

> What would be the best way to determine if we're being watched? Since we know miss Yakumo's weather effect could we use our ability in an unconventional way to perceive/sense her presence?  Thinking back on the weather incident her weather effect remained active even when she was hidden... Perhaps we could try going somewhere isolated and changing the weather based on the nearest person's influence and seeing what it changes to?

« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2024, 03:19:32 PM »
//Should we change ourselves back into our nornal clothes? It wouldn't be respectful of us to go around Hakugyokurou in farmers clothes.

> Where did we leave our original change of clothes?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 03:28:10 PM by degradingwindow »

Tom

« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2024, 04:27:59 PM »
// Certainly! It wouldn't be befitting of a celestial to be seen as we are now! I was just too focused on the prospect of being eavesdropped on to think about it.

« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2024, 06:19:40 PM »
> Ask "Want to join in?"

>"Nah, I don't think I'll be very good at sparring in my current size."
>"I don't use any bladed weapons, let alone Katana. I wouldn't gain anything from participating."

> What would be the best way to determine if we're being watched? Since we know miss Yakumo's weather effect could we use our ability in an unconventional way to perceive/sense her presence?  Thinking back on the weather incident her weather effect remained active even when she was hidden... Perhaps we could try going somewhere isolated and changing the weather based on the nearest person's influence and seeing what it changes to?

>That would work. Generally, the more exposed and obvious someone's Qi or Spiritual Energy is, the easier it is to lock onto their Weather. If Yukari is watching you, then she has to be doing it from an extension of her ability meaning her Qi is all over the place. Either that, or she's using her Shikigami, and they're also easy to track.

> Where did we leave our original change of clothes?

>A side room. More of a very large closet, really. Your regular clothes are covered in sweat but arguably more formal than the gardening wear you currently have on.
>_?

« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2024, 02:20:02 AM »
> "Then I guess you guys can just watch from the sidelines."
> Stand up from our seat politely.
>"Now if you will excuse me, I must change into more appropriate clothes before I begin the sparring."

Tom

« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2024, 02:28:03 PM »
> Can we notice anything odd about the neaby Qi or Spiritual Energy? If there's too much energy to individually identify someone then make a mental note to find an isolated location to try again.

« Reply #248 on: Today at 02:48:28 PM »
> "Then I guess you guys can just watch from the sidelines."
> Stand up from our seat politely.
>"Now if you will excuse me, I must change into more appropriate clothes before I begin the sparring."

>"Huh, alright."
>"Aww, you look cute in those clothes."
>"My lady, please not in front of other guests."

> Can we notice anything odd about the neaby Qi or Spiritual Energy? If there's too much energy to individually identify someone then make a mental note to find an isolated location to try again.

>You don't notice anything odd. You feel your own Aurora, Yuyuko's Snow, Youmu's Blue Sky, Shion's Acid Rain, and Shinmyoumaru's Dust Devil, but not anything else unusual. Though maybe the amount of unique people around you is making it hard to find anything subtle, so you should probably do this when a bit more isolated.

>You leave the room and go to the closet.
>You see your regular change of clothes, they're sweaty, but they're still your clothes and fairly formal. You change into them, and bring the gardening clothes with you back into the main chamber.
>"I'll be holding those clothes for you."
>Just as you wonder how she's going to do that, your gardening clothes shrink in your hands and she takes them.
>"Are you ready?"
>_?

« Reply #249 on: Today at 03:22:51 PM »
> "I'm all set now."
> "What will be the rules for our spar?"

Tom

« Reply #250 on: Today at 09:04:13 PM »
> Alright that's somewhat reassuring, make a mental note to try again later in a more isolated area but for now we're clear. At least there were no Shinigami neaby!  Let's focus on the duel and enjoying our time here.